8.0

1. IanI.
    Dec 22, 2006
    Wow. Just wow. I was a fan of the seccond on both the Xbox and on PS2 and I had played 3 before on the 360 (using an HDTV of course) but I was not expecting the game to be so...awsome. I had heard some complaints about the third one on the 360 compared to the seccond and let me say...there is no comparison on the PS3, the fights are noticibly shorter in multiplayer and the graphics Wow. Just wow. I was a fan of the seccond on both the Xbox and on PS2 and I had played 3 before on the 360 (using an HDTV of course) but I was not expecting the game to be so...awsome. I had heard some complaints about the third one on the 360 compared to the seccond and let me say...there is no comparison on the PS3, the fights are noticibly shorter in multiplayer and the graphics compared to even the 360 version are VASTLY improved. The new first person mode, while a new addition to the game, is truly amazing and adds an extra level of depth the title was missing. The game is perfect and the PS3 is by far the system to get it on. Expand
  2. JimT.
    Dec 7, 2006
    Awesome! I have never seen such great characters and the first person mode is sick!
  3. CalebT.
    Feb 21, 2007
    This is a great game! The fighting engine is superp and very fluid. I love the create a champ because you can make him look just like you, also I don't agree with the negative comments about the story mode, I think its awesome to fight anyone, anytime, because they end up being your rival. I have fought my rival 6 times and it gets more intense the more you play them! I say 10/10 get it NOW!
  4. Andyman
    Dec 10, 2006
    Best boxing game ever made. Yep, that's just about all you need to know. The only thing keeping this from a perfect 10 is the ability to fight who you want when you want in Career mode, rather than following a pre-set progression with limited choices. Other than that, it's sublime.

The toned-down haymakers, better balancing, and inclusion of various styles makes playing with your buddy an awesome experience, and the mechanics are so good it even makes fighting against the CPU worthwhile in the beginning.
  2. Round 3's meaty punching action delivers more bone-crunching thrills than just about any other fighter out there. It won't go easy on you, but once you've risen to its punishing standards, this is pure, addictive, long-haul fun.
  3. Jabs, haymakers and devastating knockouts have never looked so vicious, thanks to wicked damage modeling and photorealistic player models of 28 boxing greats, such as Muhammad Ali, Bernard Hopkins and Evander Holyfield.