7.6

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Very disappointed by the game. As people have said, the control is awful. I would try to block or dodge and it would throw a punch. Punch control sucks as it would always throw a different punch than I was trying to. Because of way it is set up the punches aren't distinguished well enough. The recovery mini-game after getting knocked down is the worst part of the game. The computer does it fine but it is soo finicky and uncontrollable and confusing that I usually couldn't get up after being knocked down in the first round. Also the game makes it so once you start to lose, it's basically over and you can't come back because your stats are down. You also get tired way too fast and it's too easy to grab another person and recover. Worst of all the fight night games, hopefully they improve for the 5th one which I probably won't buy now. Was not worth my 20 dollars. Good character customization. Expand
  2. Apr 3, 2014
    Yet another "plays itself" game introduced by EA. No skill or strategy required, really just a hit and hope. Graphics and sound are great but that wears off pretty quickly. Like fifa, the player should have much more control over the outcome of each game, but sadly doesn't as EA cater for casual gamers only these days, or so it would seem.

Fight Night Round 4 not only matches its predecessor, but improves upon it and has reclaimed it's title as the best boxing game in the world.
    Fight Night Round 4 lacks some of the wow factor of its predecessor, but it builds upon the strengths of Round 3 and corrects most of its weaknesses.
  3. Like many games earning classic status, FNR4 generates repeated standout, jaw-dropping moments, and none of them are pre-scripted. [Aug 2009, p.64]