Final Fantasy XV PlayStation 4

7.6

1. Dec 10, 2016
    great game, cannot wait till the DLCs.

The villian was a bit too hateable but other than that everything is peachy, went with the black choker HP regen build and can spam 4x royal weapons set up for days on end.
  2. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is a game that has everything to make you happy. It has a open world, but also, has many linear moments due to story, and the story is VERY good at all. Escaping the flames of war, Noctis epic journey with his best friends is very real and deep. The battle system is so good and the game has the best dungeons in all FF series. I loved Princess Luna, she is so cute and strong.
  3. Dec 4, 2016
    I just finished the game. its not the best FF we ever got, but it is a game worthy of its name.
    Gameplay-wise, nearly perfect.
    The story by itself is extremly great, the story-telling not so much.
    I will rate it 10/10, because of all these salty 0/10 reviews from PC-Gamers and Haters.
    i would give it 87/100.
  4. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy FXV is a return to form and will surelly make people who were disapointed whit XIII and aven XII happy.....I knew Square picked up the pace afther playing XIV and the expansion heavensward and I'm glad I was correct
  5. Nov 30, 2016
    Hail to the King, Final Fantasy is back. The core systems are so solid, the combat explosive and cinematic, the characters so lifelike (Naughty Dog levels of animation in my Final Fantasy game? woah), the writing entertaining... I can't get enough. 6 hours in after one night of playing, I can safely say that even grinding, GRINDING, is fun now. Don't let the youtube personalities andHail to the King, Final Fantasy is back. The core systems are so solid, the combat explosive and cinematic, the characters so lifelike (Naughty Dog levels of animation in my Final Fantasy game? woah), the writing entertaining... I can't get enough. 6 hours in after one night of playing, I can safely say that even grinding, GRINDING, is fun now. Don't let the youtube personalities and "game's journalists" ruin this one for you (how many of them skipped the tutorial and don't even realize you can lock onto enemies with R3? Seriously...). Love this game, find myself smiling just listening to music on the car's stereo or looking over Prompto's photos at camp each night. Can't say enough about this game. Once I get home after school, I'll be sitting in front of the TV like it's 1997 all over again. Expand
  6. Dec 4, 2016
    Just finished the game, and I have to say that I got exactly what I paid for. IMO, this is one of the best RPG's ever made, easy tie with FF7. My only real complaint with the game was the part where they attempted to add horror in the game, NO! The horror was really bad because they relied on the classic dark area with several jump scares. Very annoying.
  7. Nov 29, 2016
    Great game!!!Critics do not understand what it is about!!Ok it has some câmera problems, but they will correct that!!!! Enjoying a lot, it has everything a final fantasy game should have, its fan to play, all the hunting missions are good, and remind me a lot of Final Fantasy 12!!!
  8. Nov 29, 2016
    Finally another true final fantasy game.
    this game has soooooo much detail in every little aspect. Character animations are amazing.
    Finally another true final fantasy game.
    Characters and their storytelling is awesome and make the game really immersive with small dialogs constantly. World is a masterful art piece, feels huge. Combat looked bland at first but gets more fun and diverse once you get used to the mechanics. Fishing is really fun too lol.
    A must buy!
  9. Dec 6, 2016
    At the time of writing this, I have invested 68 hours into the game. My actual number is a 9.5/10

Going into the game I had consumed the media SE wanted me to consume; Kingsglaive and Brotherhood. These did add to the world and backstory of the characters. I was able to look past some perceived character flaws because of them. Brotherhood showed me who these men were and what to expect. I never went into the game thinking something coming out of Japan wouldn't have some of their weak character tropes. I do think watching these extra pieces helped immerse me in the story.

My main little gripes were about controlling vehicles like turning the chocobo while rotating the camera or the stiffness of driving the regalia in general. The camera on bigger foes was not my favorite, but I never found myself losing because of it. I still got the job done. My third little annoyance was the repetitive dialogue in certain parts... "Talk about backseat fishing" after most casts for hours. The story pacing does change after chapter 9, sure, but you have to realize the gravity of the situation. What had just happened in Altissia. I believe it was made to send your reality crashing down around you and create a dismal view on the world in the process. As a whole I enjoyed the story and the story arc. I liked the end. The jump in time took a small leap of faith, but who knows how those crystals work?

The pros list is almost everything else in the game to me. I just came off of beating Xenoblade Chronicles, and besides the story, this game did everything better. (XC had a really fresh story that made you reconsider where you stand morally).The combat in FFXV is sublime, the world feels as big as it is, but not too big, the main fights are not difficult enough to discourage you, but are wonderful spectacles. The list goes on. From the outset of watching Brotherhood, I knew they were forging something special with these relationships. They even broke out of their respective tropes by the end. You get to see the genesis and evolution of each of them. What they say or don't say in some cases lets you in on the real information of who they are.

When I finished the story, I immediately wanted more. I dove back in and am now 23+ hours into the after-game. I want to do everything I can. I want the best weapons. I want to explore everything. I want to do every side quest (they are better and more varied in this game than most). While I was playing through this game I felt like I was playing something enormously important. I still feel that way in the after game. I can't get enough. Nothing besides the cup noodle ad took me out of it like all of these complaints I'm seeing. I went in with high expectations and somehow the game delivered to ME and exceeded them. I really hope people try this for themselves and don't just take number reviews, because it IS worth your time.

Thank you for reading.
  10. Nov 29, 2016
    Worth the wait. You'd have to be quite the cynic to not appreciate everything this game has to offer. The open world elements blend seamlessly with the jRPG aspects of the game, creating an instant classic.
  11. Dec 19, 2016
    A flawed, but ultimately great, Final Fantasy.

A flawed, but ultimately great, Final Fantasy.

I was originally going to score this a bit lower, but this has been a game that I've played more than any other that has released in the last year. Does it have some issues? Sure. Is it fun? Definitely. You can't please everyone so if you're expecting a more traditional Final Fantasy title, this probably isn't for you. But this was definitely for me.
  12. Dec 7, 2016
    Just beat the game earlier today, and I loved it =) I'm glad I took the time off from work for this game I have waited 10 years for. I won't give any spoilers here, but the ending left me sad and depressed; but also gave me a bittersweet feeling after that end of credits scene. I'm still thinking about it really... My only real issue was the lack of a few much needed cut-scene's toJust beat the game earlier today, and I loved it =) I'm glad I took the time off from work for this game I have waited 10 years for. I won't give any spoilers here, but the ending left me sad and depressed; but also gave me a bittersweet feeling after that end of credits scene. I'm still thinking about it really... My only real issue was the lack of a few much needed cut-scene's to explain what happened after Chapter 8 with a few important characters that by Chapter 13 (which mind you is a long and quite annoying chapter), you can't help but want that extra story/scene development. As of this posting though, Tabata said they will be adding scenes for the future to flesh it out more which I am quite alright with after some other peoples thoughts mirrored my own.

Overall, I give this game a 9.5+ out of 10 regardless, and quite happy with the game that I will continue to play for a long time and in the future. (It doesn't beat, story-wise my favorite FF which was X; but the combat and characters are both very excellent)

Thank You Square Enix =) I hope to see XVI before the end of this console cycle, which is unlikely with the remake of 7, which I'm very excited for as well.
  13. Dec 20, 2016
    Very few games have me still enjoying the world, characters, and combat after 100+ hours. I was a bit skeptical going in, because I'm used to my FF games as turn based, but this gives me hope for the remake for FFVII. Does it have its flaws? Certainly, what game doesn't? But the world is beautiful and more importantly it feels alive.

The bro-roadtrip feels organic due to the

The bro-roadtrip feels organic due to the camaraderie of the four the make up the main party. The variety of activities and sheer amount of content is incredible. Over 100 hunts, tons of other side-quests which don't just give gil/exp, but also do things like upgrading your car, characters, and giving you shop discounts, the pinball-ish mini-game to earn bonus items/gear, and even over 100 types of fish to catch if that's your thing, which can be used in spell creation, cooking, or just making extra gil. But most of this is entirely optional, so you can enjoy the activities you like and ignore the others that don't matter to you. (personally I've embraced it all).

Art is subjective and everyone interprets it different. I did watch the Kingsglaive movie and the Brotherhood anime before playing, so perhaps that allowed me to embrace and immerse myself into the world more easily. This is an adventure that already has so much, but definitely feels like it could have had even more. This is certainly a Final Fantasy world I wouldn't mind re-visiting again in future games, I enjoyed it that much.
  14. Dec 4, 2016
    An excellent installment in the series. While I do recommend watching the Kingsglaive film and the Brotherhood series to get a bit more out of the story, the game itself is excellent. It feels very much like FF12 with a bit of the Kingdom Hearts 2 battle system mixed in. The magic and warp strikes take some time getting used to, but the combat is very intuitive and quite fluid. This gameAn excellent installment in the series. While I do recommend watching the Kingsglaive film and the Brotherhood series to get a bit more out of the story, the game itself is excellent. It feels very much like FF12 with a bit of the Kingdom Hearts 2 battle system mixed in. The magic and warp strikes take some time getting used to, but the combat is very intuitive and quite fluid. This game was certainly worth the wait. Expand
  15. Nov 30, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV has come a long way... and I can assure you I'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon when I say it was worth the wait. While it first glance it definitely doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game in the traditional sense, this game is breaking new grounds for the franchise and honestly I'm just happy that it is way better than XIII. This is a must buy if you are aFinal Fantasy XV has come a long way... and I can assure you I'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon when I say it was worth the wait. While it first glance it definitely doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game in the traditional sense, this game is breaking new grounds for the franchise and honestly I'm just happy that it is way better than XIII. This is a must buy if you are a long time Final Fantasy veteran or an RPG fan that has yet to try a Final Fantasy title. Expand
  16. Nov 29, 2016
    before I start this review i want to point out that there are people out there who want this game to fail, because they are blinded by their nostalgia and their love of the old games. they will will give this game a 0. any reasonable person will give it a 6 at least. I have played final fantasy 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, and 14. and this game is VERY MUCH a final fantasy game. a differentbefore I start this review i want to point out that there are people out there who want this game to fail, because they are blinded by their nostalgia and their love of the old games. they will will give this game a 0. any reasonable person will give it a 6 at least. I have played final fantasy 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, and 14. and this game is VERY MUCH a final fantasy game. a different combat system doesn't change that. turned based combat is not unique to the final fantasy series so it's not something that defines it. it still has those classic elements that this franchise is known for like chocobo's, airships, similar monsters, magic (although there could have been more spells) summons, etc. the story is good and characters are likable (more so than the characters from the 13 trilogy in my opinion). the combat has depth. it's not mindless button mashing, you actually have to think about your actions. and there's also a wait mode for those who aren't comfortable playing action games. great overall. Expand
  17. Dec 6, 2016
    I am not a Final Fantasy fan and this is my second game in series. My first was Final Fantasy 12 and I found that game amazingly cute but battle system is really turned me off.
    So fifteen part was so hyped and I could not miss it. ( yeah hype got me and I am not proud of that)
    And I am so glad that I picked this game up! World is amazing and finally after some time we have good old japanese adventure. Game is so cozy and after you get used to weird interface design and some technical issues you are starting to get so much fun and you do not wanna leave this world. And you are enjoying each moment of this game. That game simply just have a soul. Battle system is not perfect but I like it. Final of the story is little ordinary and maybe little disappointing.
    I am giving that game 10/10 despite that it has some issues because this game is stand out among all these grey sequels. It just different and has cozy vibe. I miss games like that.
  18. Nov 29, 2016
    You will either hate it or love it. There isn't much of a middle ground. The combat system reminds me of devil may cry with a bit more strategy involved. The open world has a GTA V feel. The story is great. The graphics are great. Without reading the negative comments I will assume that most people's complaint is that it doesn't FEEL like a final fantasy game. However, after their last fewYou will either hate it or love it. There isn't much of a middle ground. The combat system reminds me of devil may cry with a bit more strategy involved. The open world has a GTA V feel. The story is great. The graphics are great. Without reading the negative comments I will assume that most people's complaint is that it doesn't FEEL like a final fantasy game. However, after their last few debacles that is a GOOD thing :).

One other thing. Many people will feel like the world / characters seem bland / underdeveloped. In a questionable move, they decided to put most of the back story and development into a youtube series and the movie kingsglaive. If anything, watch the movie. I can't imagine having played this otherwise....so much left out.
  19. Dec 13, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is an all-out masterpiece, without a doubt worthy of being ranked among the best entries in the series such as FFVI.

This game excels in every department, with memorable characters, fun dodge-parry-punish based combat that retains that FF magic touch, AAA presentation, jaw-dropping visuals, a vast overworld, a robust soundtrack featuring many past FF favorite tunes, and, most importantly, a truly moving story that begins rather innocuously (and perhaps confusingly, to anyone who hasn't seen Kingsglaive and Brotherhood) but picks up speed like a junkie strapped to a roller coaster in the latter half with many surprising and gut-wrenching twists.

The world feels lived-in and believable and the range of the writing and evolving relationships between the main characters and NPCs only adds to the immersion. And the customizability of your vehicle, the Regalia, makes it a treat for car lovers.

Make no mistake, much of FFXV concerns 4 bros on a road trip through a gorgeous open-world, and certain hunts and side-quests feel like content for the sake of content, but the enemies, environments, weapons, and mini-games are all very well-designed. Like many open-world games, at times it's easy to get side-tracked. But a couple of glitches/camera issues/awkward dub moments aside, I can't fault the developers on a single major decision here.

The many refined aspects of FFXV all gel together to create an unforgettable experience that's much more than the sum of its parts. Even the fan-maligned Chapter 13 is a bold and welcome change of pace and tone, as well as a sly bit of meta-commentary.

The only issues I have are (A) the camera can sometimes get stuck behind large bushes or objects during combat. It doesn't happen that often but it can be annoying, (B) some of the side-quests and hunts are boring, and (C) the dub isn't perfect. Other than that, I really can't complain. When the story kicks in, the game hits like a sucker punch.

(Played 42 hours or so, did a bunch of side-quests, but I still have many hours to go if I'm to collect the remaining Royal Arms and tackle the post-game content.)

Easily 10/10. FFXV is the most fun I've had gaming all year and boasts one of the most moving final arcs in any JRPG.
  20. Nov 29, 2016
    Ignore the 0's. This game is beautiful. This game is stunning. It is gorgeous. The story is amazing (Watch Kingsglaive first!!). The characters are likable and humorous.

Some of these reviews are pathetic. "I've cleared the game in just less than 40 hours." Uh, no, you haven't. The game has been out for sixteen hours. And if you're five, six, seven, even eight hours ahead in Europe, that is maximum 24 hours. So no, you haven't cleared the game and most of the side quests. Get over yourselves. Nothing but haters putting 0s to put 0s. I gave it a 10 to combat that, but honestly I would give it a 9.

The combat in this game is spectacular. It makes tedious side quests fun. And believe me, there are some tedious quests. Think World of Warcraft 2004 when every quest was either fetch X number of items, or kill X number of enemies. My sole criticism.

How can you hate on Noctis and his group of friends? They're the most shelled-out, realistic group of dudes we've seen in a long time. You can relate to them, they make you laugh, they make you cry.

You have to refill the gas tank, you don't replenish health after battles, you need to actually use those items you save up for the entire game. It's awesome. And even after it all, you can come back to the open world to get what you missed and trust me, you'll not get stuff, because you need to complete the game to get some stuff, you need to be way higher level to get stuff, kill stuff.

The mini-games are hilarious and awesome. I love how SQE brought back betting on races and what not. Riding chocobos around. Man.

And the nostalgia. The car. The old FF tunes.

I've read that you get sucked into a linear portion when you need to advance the story past the open world. What's the problem with that? Story is what makes an RPG, and this one so far is a doozy. I am excited to see what we get when I get there

Buy this game. Play the heck out of it, you'll be sad when it's done, I'm sure.
  21. Nov 29, 2016

+Awesome characters
    +Fun battle system
    =Game of the Year
  22. Nov 29, 2016
    Amazing game, really love it. Final fantasy is back for sure!
    Too bad some people are giving low score just for the sake of it, tha game definitely do not deserve it.
  23. Nov 29, 2016
    Great combat, Amazing music, Great bonding of the main cast. This game is a dream come true. I can only hope that SE continues this trend moving forward.
  24. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is overall a great game. It looks stunning and the story is well written.When i play FFXV, i've got same old feelings i had playing FF VII/IX/X and for this reason, it's already a game in my heart.
  25. Feb 17, 2017
    The breath-taking visual is what make the game enjoyable as you explore the fantastical landscapes of Final Fantasy 15. The story is implicit and not fully told as you take the perspective of Noctis and his friends through a journey. The game can be divided clearly into two parts. The first is like an open world game while the second is extremely linear with the plot. The battle system isThe breath-taking visual is what make the game enjoyable as you explore the fantastical landscapes of Final Fantasy 15. The story is implicit and not fully told as you take the perspective of Noctis and his friends through a journey. The game can be divided clearly into two parts. The first is like an open world game while the second is extremely linear with the plot. The battle system is fantastic and dynamic eventhough it can do more with magic variations. The absolute highlights of the game are the Astrals ( and when they decide to help in battle). Definitely the best game of the year for me. Expand
  26. Nov 29, 2016
    After reading the red reviews, then opening up the box and playing the game for myself, 95% those idiots obvious never played it. Graphics are good, characters are fine. Some missions are boring but most of them are a lot of fun. Tons to explore and epic fights. So yeah, don't believe those "bad" reviews from people who are hating on it just because.
  27. Nov 29, 2016
    Finhal Fantasy 15 is the best game ever with a very good story and charaters. the figth is very enjoyable and the side quest are very interesting. is a nice game with a lot of to do.
  28. Dec 5, 2016
    Beautiful game marks a return to the final fantasy hearts of all people!
    I could not believe that after the departure of Sakaguchi, Square will make that something of value, but I was wrong. The game is a godsend!
  29. Dec 1, 2016
    Great game. Has a awesome atmosphere and OST you would expect square to put out, best CGI in the industry still, gameplay is very fun, dynamic, fluid, and stylish. Characters are interesting and the Brotherhood anime series makes them even better. I really enjoy exploring and going through dungeons, magic is presented in a very different way this time around by fusing elements into vials.Great game. Has a awesome atmosphere and OST you would expect square to put out, best CGI in the industry still, gameplay is very fun, dynamic, fluid, and stylish. Characters are interesting and the Brotherhood anime series makes them even better. I really enjoy exploring and going through dungeons, magic is presented in a very different way this time around by fusing elements into vials. The magic itself is very cool and the stronger spells will leave an AOE and changes on the environment after dealing huge damage. All in all a fantastic game. Expand
  30. Nov 29, 2016
    Great Game, Wonderful Story, amazing characters a lovely open world.
    The only bad thing I can say about this game is the long wait, I hope to enjoy this game for a while and to have FFXVI before the next decade.
  31. Nov 29, 2016
    First off don't believe the idiots who say the graphics suck for this game, first off no they don't in fact they are some of the best ive seen. I have put about 4 hours into the game so far which isn't much but bare with me. Ill start off talking about the combat, it's similar to that of kingdom hearts more so than a final fantasy game but I prefer it over random encounters but thats justFirst off don't believe the idiots who say the graphics suck for this game, first off no they don't in fact they are some of the best ive seen. I have put about 4 hours into the game so far which isn't much but bare with me. Ill start off talking about the combat, it's similar to that of kingdom hearts more so than a final fantasy game but I prefer it over random encounters but thats just me, you can hold up to 4 different weapon types and switch while in combat which I find nice and it adds variety. The open world is vast and filled with quests to do like hunting, you can also fish and scavenge for treasure. Characters are all likeable (except Prompto's voice is a lil annoying in english but not terrible). Driving the car is a little boring tho, but at least your able to drive it at all so its somethin. So far story seems interesting and I don't plan on spoiling it but I think its pretty solid so far from what ive seen. I myself give the game a 9.5/10 since ive been having so much fun with it and to me it was worth the wait. Expand
  32. Nov 29, 2016
    Ten years of waiting, several delays, and so many changes once hindered Final Fantasy XV, but now the game has arrived. It has a difficult heritage to uphold, as it will be subjected to far more scrutiny than any non-Final Fantasy title. However, Final Fantasy XV seems to be the most carefully constructed title in the series to date, and it may be strong enough to withstand the pressure.Ten years of waiting, several delays, and so many changes once hindered Final Fantasy XV, but now the game has arrived. It has a difficult heritage to uphold, as it will be subjected to far more scrutiny than any non-Final Fantasy title. However, Final Fantasy XV seems to be the most carefully constructed title in the series to date, and it may be strong enough to withstand the pressure.

(This is how Final Fantasy XII was reviewed, history repeats itself)
  33. Feb 21, 2017
    I enjoyed it a lot. It could have been longer and had various improvements and content but I walk away having enjoyed it thoroughly regardless. It felt rushed towards the end and the end game dungeon content was unnecessarily frustrating (the locked dungeons).
  34. Dec 20, 2016
    This game for me is one of the best games for 2016. Its not perfect but is very good. best gaming sound ever. At first i dont like th battle sistem but now its fine the camera still have lots of problems.
  35. Dec 2, 2016
    Awesome game, A LOT OF EMOTIONS, thanks you Square Enix for this Beauty game! Great atmosphere, really awesome characters, interesting travelling, It should look life real, amazing, addictive person incompletely in this game, thanks al guys who support this game in design. (sry for my English, im Rus fun)
  36. Dec 2, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing 20 hours and on Chapter 3 ( doing everybody sidequest/hunt/ getting recipes for Ignis etc. as I can.)

This game is simply amazing, there is so much to do and even the sidequests feel like they are a part of the world. For example: I was doing this "save the wounded Chocobo" sidequest and before that quest I had a similar quest but it was to only give it a potion ( felt good to save a little chocobo's life), but with this quest I had to travel back to a region I been before to save a Chocobo, when I got near the Chocobo, saber tusk like enemies jumped me and tried to attack the Chocobo! Of course I beat them and saved the poor injured Chocobo!

It may seem little and pointless to some people, but to me having little quests that make you a savior of something is a really good feeling!

Hunts are extremely fun as well, if you aren't prepared wildlife/hunts/dungeons will make you pay for your mistakes ( including not being well geared for the fight!)

There is so much to do in this game, and I highly recommend this game to anyone! This game has the potential to be game of the year of 2017!
  37. Dec 15, 2016
    I actually prefer this game to the Witcher 3. Witcher 3 excelled in complex item and gear management and intricate stories behind your missions. BUT the open world is samey everywhere and you get lost really easily going from place to place as the topography doesn't change much from Zone to Zone. Still a great game obviously that should be played. Final Fantasy XV has great chemistryI actually prefer this game to the Witcher 3. Witcher 3 excelled in complex item and gear management and intricate stories behind your missions. BUT the open world is samey everywhere and you get lost really easily going from place to place as the topography doesn't change much from Zone to Zone. Still a great game obviously that should be played. Final Fantasy XV has great chemistry between the characters, a tight focus on the overarching plot, A truly fantastical world that has unique areas that are accessed quickly with well designed, branching path dungeons. Great combat system that can chain different weapons together, so you don't just hold a button down. A very Final Fantasy feel: Epic monsters, balanced party, a great day night cycle, cool easter eggs. It's just a shame how critical people feel they have to be and keep themselves from enjoying great games like this one. It's a Medium to light RPG with fun gameplay loops and amazing world to explore with sights to take in at almost every turn. It's a masterpiece that shouldn't be missed by any rpg fan. Hope my opinion helps in your decision making! Have fun! Expand
  38. Dec 1, 2016
    Great characters, good story, impressive combat system and THE true spirit of adventure! So many quests and interesting dialogs, amazing melodic and epic soundtrack. This is the real awesome Final Fantasy since 2001. THE GAME that is worth 10 years of waiting!!!
  39. Nov 30, 2016
    Just Great. I waited this game so long and finally square made me play this nad made me happy so much. no need say anything just play it. That is a final fantasy in this world.
  40. Dec 4, 2016
    Coming from a player.. who has only ever played FF7 before this game.....

The story itself, is NOT 50 hours. Playing on the harder difficulty, along with afking at the pause screen (which continues timing you) as well as doing my fair share of side quests.. i finished the game just over 29 hours. This game has some amazing graphics, and amazing cutscenes. The story starts really
    Coming from a player.. who has only ever played FF7 before this game.....

This game has some amazing graphics, and amazing cutscenes. The story starts really slow, but ramps up quickly towards the middle and ending of the game. The final boss fight is a little lackluster (especially compared to the fight with the leviathon) but overall the ending was very satisfying (albeit confusing... since they dont explain how)

overall 100% worth every second you play the game, and i am looking forward to going back and finishing up everything this game has to offer now, and in the future!
  41. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is nice addition to the series and as a longterm fan, I like the switch from turn based to more realtime combat, the gameplay and score is wonderful, even though the story needed more work, none the less its still an enjoyable game that still feels like Final Fantasy and a Final Fantasy that new comers can engage in
  42. Dec 6, 2016
    A Fantastic game that needs to be experienced. Graphics are truly detailed but what I liked most is the story and the memorable characters that I will never forget. The communication between them makes you care for them.
    The world is really big and motivates you to explore its hidden secrets.
    The world is really big and motivates you to explore its hidden secrets.
    Solid fighting mechanics, interesting story, a beautiful world and memorable characters make Final Fantasy XV a must play game!
  43. Nov 30, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uma pegada juvenil cheia de vacilos e emoções. FF XV e um jogo mixado entre os mais jovens e mais velhos. O unico ponto negativo e que esse jogo não tem o melhor summon do mundo (DIABOLOS) Expand
  44. Dec 3, 2016
    I don't know why people are saying bad things about the story or character acting. I'm following / understanding the story and I'm invested in it. It's a JRPG so you have to actually pay attention to the story if you want to follow it. There is so much character to this game and the combat is ridiculously fun. This will be one of the few games I re-play and can't wait to the play FF7I don't know why people are saying bad things about the story or character acting. I'm following / understanding the story and I'm invested in it. It's a JRPG so you have to actually pay attention to the story if you want to follow it. There is so much character to this game and the combat is ridiculously fun. This will be one of the few games I re-play and can't wait to the play FF7 remake if this is the direction. Expand
  45. Nov 29, 2016
    +amazing combat
    +beautiful soundtrack by yoko shimomura
    +Graphics wise for open world rpg
    +simplistic stories but not bad
    +solid 30 FPS

-already have latest patches still many bugs and glitches

already into this game 30 hours , still haven't finished , and still plenty mainline or sidequest didn't complete yet
  46. Nov 30, 2016
    This game really depends on your preferences and I think it's because the game is nothing that you've seen before. You can't expect what you're getting at, uncomparable with the games that we are used to see. The characters are ether awesome, or annoying, the combat system is ether too simple, or too chaotic, the driving is ecstatically awesome or annoying etc..
    But except the god awful
    But except the god awful loading time, and god awful side missions, luckily it was right at my ally.
  47. Nov 29, 2016
    awesome game all round. very polished and the combat has a flow that i didnt think it had watching the streams of the judgement disc. very easy to get the grove of but hard to master. the game is also quite funny in the small talk and banter.

ignis is balthier 2.0 and i LOVE IT p.s. please note that there are a number of trolls coordinating on online message sites for a deliberate

ignis is balthier 2.0 and i LOVE IT

p.s. please note that there are a number of trolls coordinating on online message sites for a deliberate attack against this game by rating it poorly and down voting positive reviews. please take this idiocy into consideration when making your decisions about this game.
  48. Dec 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This might be my favorite game of my entire adult life. As a teenager Final Fantasy 9 changed my thought or what video game story could be and this game did it again. When you finish the game, this story will leave you utterly destroyed,the heartbreak was like watching "the notebook" for the first time. I cried for a solid 15 minutes while I just sat their as the credits rolled. After completing the main game you can return to the entire open world to finish where you left off. I beat the game after playing for about 60 hours, and I just passed the 100 hour mark just completing quest and exploring dungeons and I still see no end in sight. The action game mechanics could not be a more welcome addition to the elemental weakness and tactical attributes of the series. THANK YOU SQUARE, you have finally redeemed yourself in my eyes after FF13 was such a bummer. Expand
  49. Nov 30, 2016
    + Best characters of the entire Final Fantasy franchise.
    + Best world, with best monsters and optional quest.
    + Nice, fast and tactic combat system.
    + Emotive and epic story.
    + Biggest and stronger summons ever.
    + 50000000+ hours.
  50. Nov 29, 2016
    Ignore the trolls this game will give you the thrill you've been waiting ten years for. Great characters, Story, combat, and a memorable experience. Game of the year in my opinion, even over Uncharted 4 and I loved that gamed.
  51. Dec 2, 2016
    Actual score 9. But yeah lots of haters being nostalgic fools. Long time FInal fantasy fan, since FFIV. Love this FFXV. It's definitely also to appeal to newer fans, but fans of old will love this. The only ones who don't are the nostalgic old people who can't accept that the concept of a turn based RPG where characters are lined up taking turns is just getting old and boring.
  52. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is a fantastic game, ignore the trolls who rate this game a 0. Some people are unfulfilled with their lives and somehow get satisfaction by trying to ruin other peoples fun/work.

FFXV is a hard one to judge, as a fan of the series since the first game, it's a dramatic departure from the structure I know and love. The thing I really like here is, the developers are aware of this fact. Unlike FF13, I feel the developers have tried so hard to keep the fans on board with the direction change, and I feel it paid off.

Yes, the story isn't the best, but what FF was? The characters are great, the gameplay is great, and most of all, it's a lot of fun. I really recommend this game!
  53. Nov 29, 2016
    THANKS TABATA FOR ALL.

Final Fantasy XV is awesome. for sure.

Don't listen the haters, just play it and assume the changes that the game has, and accept it as it is.
  54. Dec 10, 2016
  55. DDP
    Dec 16, 2016
    Not sure why some people are so salty on this title, which can easily be considered one of the best FF ever (said by someone that played them all). I heard people bashing it after not playing it because FF6 is the best or the 7th is the best... The game has amazing graphic, a great story (which will require to watch brotherhood and kingsglaive to be better enjoyed) and some of the mostNot sure why some people are so salty on this title, which can easily be considered one of the best FF ever (said by someone that played them all). I heard people bashing it after not playing it because FF6 is the best or the 7th is the best... The game has amazing graphic, a great story (which will require to watch brotherhood and kingsglaive to be better enjoyed) and some of the most amazing content ever. Do not play a game being butthurt, play it to enjoy it. Expand
  56. Dec 8, 2016
    Incredible music, gorgeous world, epic combat and engaging story. FFXV really nailed it especially in the mind blowing attention to detail.

It is amusing to see how many people came into FF expecting the same volume of story we have seen in other FF's. Issue is EVERY single FF has been linear. Linearity affords 40 straight hours of condensed story and laughably the people who cry about the story leaving question unanswered, also cry about linearity.

FFXV's charm is in the journey and exploration, that was its aim and it did that in a truly masterful way. Will go down as a phenominal title in the series!
  57. Dec 1, 2016
    Like many I am a fan of the series and been waiting for FF15 game for so long. However I did my best to ignore a lot of spoilers from the massive amounts of content news etc. provided to us during these years.
    I share with you my concerns about the game BEFORE playing and how this was addressed. I will also share the things I enjoyed and disliked, WITH NO STORY SPOILERS from what I have played so far.

**Since the past demos, I was worried about three things**
    1. In the demos, the combat system felt very clunky. I am pleased to see that the COMBAT HAS GREATLY IMPROVED. The combos/skills etc. feel very smooth and connect very well even within a **** of 15+ adds plus the party members. There's minor clipping here and there, but that's to be expected. They really did a great job at improving the combat system.

2. Framerate issues. 15 hrs into the game and NONE so far. However bugs are not uncommon. At one time Ignis turned transparent and stayed like this for about 10 minutes until I switched to a loading screen. For what its worth mentioning, I'm using a normal PS4 (Arkham bundle) from 2015. No Pro.

3. Car simulator: I was anticipating a car-tamagotchi-survival system that would deviate me from the storyline/side quests and eat chunks of my time. This is not the case. I found this aspect VERY APPEALING and it barely takes anytime away from your other objectives. Just keep the gas tank up.

**Things I enjoying a lot**
    1. The photograph skill from Prompto: Before FF15 released I was expecting meh. But the pictures turn out really good! Awesome poses and the more you interact with environments, even if its just strolling by a restaurant or a mound of rock, cool pictures will come out. I've never had to take my own screenshots because you can save these and they are really good!

2. Nightime: It gives an eerie sense of danger. The atmosphere, music adds a lot to this vibe. Sometimes I find myself hesitating and waiting until daytime because of the dangers that lurk in the night :3

3. Taking care of the car is fun and simple. And new decals, rims and mats to color the car can be found or bought.

4. Autopilot driving while listening to your favorite FF soundtrack = epic! I silently cried of joy driving to destinations to the FF7's Main Theme and FF8's Find your Way. ALL FF fans will love this feature xD

5. Ascension system: SIMPLE and GORGEOUS. Its similar to the FFX Sphere Grid system, but it does not limit you to finding orbs to proceed. If you're like me and like to grindfest early you will enjoy this. You can skill up many aspects of your game early on if you prefer to do so.

6. Food buffs: EASY TO GET and HELPFUL. You can get these for relatively low prices (which will scale up with better buffs) or having Ignis cook from recipes he learns from camping cutscenes, buying foods at dinners/restaurants or by simply finding mats. They do make a difference in combat.

7. OPEN WORLD: ignore the salty reviews about the openworld being small. BS. It is BIG af. The map doesn't look big? ... start running and exploring it then get back to me ;)

Notable dislikes:

1. Spellcasting could be smoother and maybe linked to skills.
    2. Prompto can be annoying at times. But at others he will definitely make you lol..
    3. Load times... you even got time to go pee and return.

Thank you for taking the time to read my opinion and review. I hope you enjoy FF XV as much as I!
  58. Dec 13, 2016
    Perfeito, do início ao fim! Tenho certeza que Prompto é Gay! O que me encantou mais ainda. Não jogo outra coisa, gráficos lindos, história linda, mundo aberto. Só acho que deveria ter melhor esquema de magias e invocações.
  59. Nov 29, 2016
    This game is what we have been waiting for 10 years.
    And for the most part it delivers. The combat is the best combat system in any open world game, I personally liked the characters, and although they had a solid reason not to have female cast members, I personally am not a fan of the decision.
    This game is what we have been waiting for 10 years.
    The plot serves the purpose of a journey, it is about a young dude learning about the dirty things of the world, and finding the way to deal with it.
    What makes the game so engaging is the fun factor, I cant explain it but running around in the world and talking a look at all the things going on can easily make for hours of fun. You can spend four hours in the first segment of the game without even advancing the plot.
    An excellent game that pushes the boundaries of the Role Playing genre and a mush have for all action/RPG/adventure fans.
  60. Dec 2, 2016
    El juego es lo mejor que se ha hecho en los últimos 100 años. Y quién me diga lo contrario no tiene ni idea de videojuegos, por que yo tengo el gorro de la verdad.
  61. Dec 4, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you look at the whole 'Final Fantasy Universe', you will love this game even more.
    First of all, before you start the game you should watch the Anime. Also, before you start or as long as you have just finished Chapter 1, you must watch the movie to get quite a few questions answered you might have in your head. You will appreciate the story much more this way. Also you may want to read/listen to the audio book. Square Enix has released the transcript for free for everybody to download.

If it was only the game, I might have rated it 8/10. But since I already knew the bits from the Movie and Anime, it just draws a bit different picture.

Now, why would you watch all that side material? This Final Fantasy game is being built around 'Friendship' and 'Brotherhood'. Every Final Fantasy game has some sort of thematic behind the main character. FF8 it was love and childhood bonds, FF7 it was friendship and self-finding, FF9 it was acceptance. In FFXV this goes much deeper. You will care about most of the characters in the game, especially the 'Brotherhood'.
    Take your time to enjoy the open world, then jump back to the story, which will become very linear in Chapter 9. But you will always be able to come back to the open world and finish what you have not finished yet.
    The world itself it a bit small compared to most recent RPGs, but it is very lively and fun. I highly recommend doing as many dungeons as you can. They are one of the best things to do in the world, but sometimes need a high level to complete. Most dungeons and other means to get enough freedom will be unlocked when you reach Chapter 8, so don't worry about chasing the story for a bit there.

The story itself is unexpected, after watching the movie. I feel some parts of the story were rushed, there is some dramatic effect missing and there are some holes in the story. This is understandable when looking at the struggle SE had to finish the game. I bet they would have loved to build in much more into the story, but deadlines are deadlines and the project just took too much money already. Nevertheless, the story itself is pretty good and keeps you interested in what is going to happen, but feels a bit short, so it can not really build a big momentum. This and some changes they did to the leviathan fight compared to E3 2013 are the only reasons I would give the game 8/10.

The combat is pretty neat and if done correctly, a lot of fun and extremely 'cool'. I found it quite easy, but some enemies can be pretty difficult, even if they are below your level. What I found is that it is quite difficult to die in this game, but easy to be close to death.

So basically everything in the game is really great, it just falls a bit short in the narrative (story itself is great, but a bit poorly told) and short on quality compared to what was shown in E3 2013 and a little bit of a disappointment.

If done properly, the average player might spend around 30-50 hours in the game before finishing.
  62. Dec 4, 2016
    I just can't even put into words how much I love this game. From the story, to the characters, to everything, this game is just amazing. The characters are amazing. I was a bit worried as I thought that Noctis was going to be a selfish brat, Prompto was going to be an annoying one-liner, Ignis was going to be a pompous self-centered jerk, and that Gladio was going to be a meathead, but boyI just can't even put into words how much I love this game. From the story, to the characters, to everything, this game is just amazing. The characters are amazing. I was a bit worried as I thought that Noctis was going to be a selfish brat, Prompto was going to be an annoying one-liner, Ignis was going to be a pompous self-centered jerk, and that Gladio was going to be a meathead, but boy was I wrong. I should have known they were going to be amazing considering that Tetsuya Nomura (from Kingdom Hearts) was going to be working on character design, but I was still worried. As I said, I was dead wrong, the characters are amazing with a different personality to each of them and they just all meld together perfectly. I actually care about the characters, and they're some of the most memorable characters I've ever experienced in any game. You can feel the brotherhood and bond that they share, whether through their actions or their dialogue. The dialogue is amazing and natural, it never felt stale or pushed. When running around the world, I feel like I'm actually talking to a friend in real life. Another thing that helps with this is the stellar voice acting. Final Fantasy games are not the most well known for their voice acting (example: Titus laugh in Final Fantasy X), but the voice acting in this game is amazing. When I looked at the IMDB page for this game, I didn't know any of the voice actors, but they surprised me as they just feel so real. Their emotions are greatly conveyed through the tone in their voice and I hope that these people pop up more often in the games industry as I love them in this game. Speaking of audio, the soundtrack is fantastic. I mean, I was expecting it to be fantastic, but it really is. Every song I loved and every song I found memorable. Another great thing is that you can listen to the soundtracks for all of the past Final Fantasy games in the car or out in the world (once you've acquired the MP3 player). The presentation is amazing as the world is beautiful and full of different environments. How they managed to make the game look so beautiful but keep a pretty solid 30fps is beyond me, but if this is the engine that they're using for FFVII Remastered, then I have high hopes for that game as this runs amazing (keep in mind I'm using the base PS4). That's also while running the individual physics on the character's hair and clothes, on the flora and fauna, so it really is impressive. Texture pop-in is very minimal which is great since it keeps you into the game and immersed. Now, that doesn't mean there isn't pop-in or weird looking textures, after all, this is an open-world game. There's bound to be bugs and glitches, but for the most part I haven't encountered many that are to make note of. The open-world is vast and has many things to do. Now, the game does get more linear towards the end, but it makes sense as it has to wrap up the storyline. Some sidequests may get repetitive at times, but for the most part they're different in their own right. You get to meet some very interesting and fun characters which is also a plus. There's missions where you take pictures, missions where you hunt down beasts, or missions where you find ores to bring back to a specific person. Each character also has specific skills. Noctis likes fishing, Ignis likes cooking, Prompto likes taking pictures, and Gladio's is survival (leveled up by just walking around). The story is great, and I'm not going to spoil it for you, but it is a very good story. Now last, but certainly not least, the new combat system. The new combat system is refined, ditching the turn based combat and going for a more real-time combat. People will have their opinions about it, but I absolutely love it and if you're a fan of the combat in Kingdom Hearts, it's a lot like that. If you want a more turned bast strategy feel, you can turn on wait mode which when you aren't moving, the game will pause and allow you to plan your attacks. Overall, this game is amazing. Everything it does, it does right. It took a lot of chances that ended up paying off in the end, and I absolutely adore this game. The story can get a bit iffy at times, but for the most part is solid, especially if you decide to watch the movie and the anime, though if you don't do that you should still be fine. The polish of the game is also amazing as well as everything feels solid. I'm gonna stop now as I need to get back to playing. Expand
  63. Jan 5, 2017
    This game is incredible!! It's honestly unlike anything i've ever played. The characters develop so well and all the finer details are so flushed out. The open world fells right and the combat is a welcome addition. The music is just incredible and though the story is all over the place, it comes together in the final hours and you see the why it was told in that way. Though chapter 13 wasThis game is incredible!! It's honestly unlike anything i've ever played. The characters develop so well and all the finer details are so flushed out. The open world fells right and the combat is a welcome addition. The music is just incredible and though the story is all over the place, it comes together in the final hours and you see the why it was told in that way. Though chapter 13 was slow, i saw why it was necessary and was an interesting changer of pace. It's an incredible game that gives you feels of the PS2 days with similar menus and amazing boss battles. And don't even get me started on the games incredible ending that brought on tears!! A Final Fantasy for fans and first-timers. 10/10 Expand
  64. Nov 29, 2016
  65. Nov 30, 2016
    Most fun I've had since bloodborne this generation. I enjoyed the plot, characters, world and especially the addicting combat which I think is the highlight of this game.
  66. Nov 29, 2016
    All right, this is the first Final Fantasy that I own, and that I play a lot. I already have 10 hours in the game and I know i've barely touched all it has got for me. So far, i'm loving every single minute of this adventure. I liked all 4 characters, the bond they have is amazing and it really feels real. The story, so far, is really great. The combat system is very good, not perfect, butAll right, this is the first Final Fantasy that I own, and that I play a lot. I already have 10 hours in the game and I know i've barely touched all it has got for me. So far, i'm loving every single minute of this adventure. I liked all 4 characters, the bond they have is amazing and it really feels real. The story, so far, is really great. The combat system is very good, not perfect, but good.
    - It may not deserve a 10/10, but surely not a 6/10, and for the love of god, not a 0/10. This guys are really stupid if they gave it less than 6/10. I highly recommend it and I think it will be running for game of the year (and will win).
  67. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is overall a good game. It looks stunning and the story is well written. After a few hours you really get used to the Combat System that I first didn't like but meanwhile you get really cool fight sequences with this system.

For Players who like can also switch to the slower Wait Combat System. All in all a good game with maybe a few critic points but the goods are

For Players who like can also switch to the slower Wait Combat System.

All in all a good game with maybe a few critic points but the goods are really far above the bads.
  68. Nov 29, 2016
    Based on what I've played, which is limited at this point, the game is amazing and takes me back to when Final Fantasy was a gem. The battle system is different but the artwork and music retains the magic that made Final Fantasy such a great series.
  69. Dec 5, 2016
    Best game ever!!! So deitailed, fun, amazing soudtrack, no bugs/glitches, Epic battles, relatable story and chatacters, realistic, profound, deep combat, it simply has everything, this is my new fav gameof the whole sries. very woth and recommendable.
  70. Dec 7, 2016
    Best game I have ever played, the story is par none, the graphics are amazing for a console (PC elitest here), combat was intuitive and new, the magic is pretty busted but kind of balances out by the fact that you can only hold a limited amt of magic at a time and have to collect it. The boss fights are the coolest I've seen in any game (I liked MGRR's a lot, but FFXV's is better), theBest game I have ever played, the story is par none, the graphics are amazing for a console (PC elitest here), combat was intuitive and new, the magic is pretty busted but kind of balances out by the fact that you can only hold a limited amt of magic at a time and have to collect it. The boss fights are the coolest I've seen in any game (I liked MGRR's a lot, but FFXV's is better), the music is also gorgeous (stand by meeeee~). Every part of the game is enjoyable, even those long car rides, just cruisin with your goons feels awesome. All the characters are loveable and the english VAs are actually not terrible for once which is amazing, but they give you the option to do other languages w/ sub if you'd like. I'm a more recent fan of the FF series (played Type-0 HD, FF13 trilogy, FF14) and this is my favorite and without any question. Best storytelling any game I have played throughout my lifetime and I've been playing since a child so I've been played quite a few games to say the least, the game is so emotionally heart wrenching and just absolutely beautiful. Expand
  71. Dec 1, 2016
    Que jogo lindo, prometeu e cumpriu com qualidade em todos os quesitos, gráficos absurdos, jogabilidade diferenciada, ótima história, personagens bem construidos, ja mencionei gráficos? haha
  72. Dec 3, 2016
    Its just to sad to see haters of the game rate it low without even actually playing it or giving it a chance just because its "different". Well sorry haters this game is really good. The wait was worth it and the game is both fun to look at and to play. This game is an 8.5 for me but I'm only giving it a 10 to supplement the negative reviews trolls leave here.

PROS: -Beautiful open

PROS:
    -Beautiful open world with SO MUCH to do
    -Combat is fun, flash and actually not easy (You can't attack away)
    -Plenty of diverse side quests
    -Characters are great and not annoying and boring as some other users say
    -Boss battles are fun
    -Great soundtrack (including even all the past FF soundtracks)
    -Summons are amazing to look at

CONS:
    -Camera can get messy at times
    -Summons are random
    -A few bugs in combat, traversal, and in dialogue
    -Some side quests can get repetitive
    -Story doesn't seem so focused
  73. Dec 2, 2016
    Excellent game. Very similar to Xenoblade Chronicles X (my game of the year last year), so if you do not have a WiiU then this is the next best thing. I was expecting this game to be bad due to the HORRIBLE demo which was released. I am shocked that it plays so much better than the demo. Great open world, fun battle system, great variety of side missions, beautiful graphics. The onlyExcellent game. Very similar to Xenoblade Chronicles X (my game of the year last year), so if you do not have a WiiU then this is the next best thing. I was expecting this game to be bad due to the HORRIBLE demo which was released. I am shocked that it plays so much better than the demo. Great open world, fun battle system, great variety of side missions, beautiful graphics. The only negative is Noctis' fishing game and some long load times when you fast travel. I am surprising that Final Fantasy really feels like a proper open world game like GTA. Expand
  74. Dec 3, 2016
    É uma franquia que simplesmente precisava de mudança. Passou por grandes momentos no passado, mas ninguém vive do que passou e tudo está mudando e as alterações em Final Fantasy XV vêm em ótima hora. Os gráficos, como sempre, do mais alto nível. A história sempre mais elaborada e detalhada e mantendo os elementos criados ao longo de toda a trajetória mas, claro, com algumas alterações quemÉ uma franquia que simplesmente precisava de mudança. Passou por grandes momentos no passado, mas ninguém vive do que passou e tudo está mudando e as alterações em Final Fantasy XV vêm em ótima hora. Os gráficos, como sempre, do mais alto nível. A história sempre mais elaborada e detalhada e mantendo os elementos criados ao longo de toda a trajetória mas, claro, com algumas alterações quem vêm para refrescar a caminhada, pois se ela se mantesse fiel a tudo o que foi feito desde o primeiro game, sem nenhuma inovação, não teríamos hoje essa quantidade de particularidades que só Final Fantasy tem como os summons, chocobos, cristais, moogles... É necessário criar mais e parar de se ater somente ao antigo e é por isso que esse último capítulo inova. Inova em combate, na profundidade de seus protagonistas e em seu mundo extremamente cativante com pluralidade de coias a serem feitas! Estou mais que feliz que a Square tenha tomado este caminho e já anseio em saber qual será seu próximo passo. Expand
  75. Nov 29, 2016
    Ignore this **** that took time to talk **** about the game for at least 150 characters, they just want to do something with they ****ty ass lives, and something stupid, they were just sitting there the whole day waiting to put that 0 just to damage the overall score an then keep loosing on CS. With that out of the way, lemme tell ya what is FFXV.
    The game it's a mix of a lot of things,
    The game it's a mix of a lot of things, but i'll go fast.
    PROS
    (+)Character development
    (+)Epic tale
    (+)Spectacular combats
    (+)Great bosses
    (+)Awesome setpieces both in and out of the story
    (+)Character interactions
    (+)ROCK SOLID FRAMERATE
    (+)(+)HUMAN charactets
    (+)(+)(+)ENDGAME DUNGEONS: Those things are huge and have a lot of variety for you to come back

THE CONS
    (-)The game cannot be seen by blind people
    (-)The game cannot be heard by deaf people
    (-)It's not Mass Effect
    (-)It's not the Witcher

In conclution, haters gonna hate, and you should totally play it. Right now. GO BUY IT DAMNIT.
  76. Dec 18, 2016
    Amazing game!!! Immensely better than FFXIII.
    The story is great (specially watching the movie and the five anime chapters before playing the game). However, it's greatest achieve is the battle system and the soundtrack, simply amazing
  77. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy is an apotheosis of games! A game of this franchise always comes to save a generation amid such a bummer!
    Battle system is excellent and intuitive, action-oriented combat does not detract from the strategy and increases the difficulty of it, the characters are charismatic, the leveling system is very good too, as well as having some interesting sidequests and having other cool things , Things that make the game a bit more "human" like taking pictures, fishing,.
    In the midst of so many games with Westernized visuals, soulless games, boring games, with nothing exciting stories, Final Fantasy will always stand out.
  78. Dec 1, 2016
    Final Fantasy is back! This is the best one since 8 in my opinion. Only complaint is the driving feels a bit empty when the characters aren't talking but there's some beautiful views to look at. Love it!
  79. Nov 30, 2016
    I'm loving this game. I'm surprised the critics have been so picky and not giving it higher reviews and that Ameritrash games like Killing Floor 2 get higher reviews. What are people expecting? If you have a PS4, Final Fantasy XV is the best game yet. I grew up on Atari, and for critics and people complaining about small things like little graphical details... you are spoiled andI'm loving this game. I'm surprised the critics have been so picky and not giving it higher reviews and that Ameritrash games like Killing Floor 2 get higher reviews. What are people expecting? If you have a PS4, Final Fantasy XV is the best game yet. I grew up on Atari, and for critics and people complaining about small things like little graphical details... you are spoiled and probably started gaming on a ps3.

The fishing aspect reminded me of Breath of Fire on the Super NES. It's awesome!
  80. Dec 13, 2016
    I love this game. I will admit, its pretty light on any sort of substantial story until about chapter 9, but when the story kicks in its great. There are a few unecessary plot points and holes but all in all its a great game. I feel like most of the whiners about this game being terrible and rating it a 0 are the people that only love the original Final Fantasy format and have troubleI love this game. I will admit, its pretty light on any sort of substantial story until about chapter 9, but when the story kicks in its great. There are a few unecessary plot points and holes but all in all its a great game. I feel like most of the whiners about this game being terrible and rating it a 0 are the people that only love the original Final Fantasy format and have trouble accepting anything new and different. Expand
  81. Dec 2, 2016
    This i a great game so far i dont know why these idiots blasted through the main story.there is so much to do and explore this game is higher than an 8 the story might be an 8 but the game is so freaking big we dont even know whats out there or what is to come i give it a 10/10 its like every ff mixed together
  82. Nov 30, 2016
    ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER.

ive played 52 hrs and im still impressed like the first time i inserted the disk.
    i don't know why there are so much haters, but trust me, this is a masterpiece.
  83. Nov 29, 2016
    XV is an absolute masterpiece . people will appreciate it a lot more in a couple of years, i can tell.
    the story it self is actually pretty good. but the storytelling wasn't good at all , it felt like it's missing a lot ... ( but the ending is my favorite in the franchise )
    the Journey feel was nailed perfectly . and the 4 crew members are really great together . the Battle system is
    the Battle system is honestly my favorite in any rpg game ever . Action based with some tactics. i love it!!
    the World design is mind blowing @@ you can't get enough of exploring all these areas with your chocobo ! and the cities are stunning .. especially Altissia
    oh and the Dungeons !! best dungeons design I've seen in a video game .
    and Music is a 10/10 of course .

+ Great Ending
    + Amazing Battle System
    + stunning World and Dungeons design
    + lot's of extra things to do post game
    + The journey feel was perfect
    + AMAZING Music
    + loved how the first part was open world and the second was a linear path

- Story was a bit of a mess

while there's some stuff that could've been better .. it still get a 10/10 from me =)
    my GOTY .. and GOTG so far .
  84. Nov 29, 2016
    Final fantasy story is great, awesome characters design, the graphic is the best I ever seen, best CGI ever, the world in Final Fantasy XV is so big and beautiful, so many mini games
    I really enjoy living in the world of Final Fantasy XV, highly recommended!!!
  85. Nov 30, 2016
    Once again I am filled with a since of wonder and curiosity. Games that can do that for me in this day and age are few and far between.

Beautiful visuals, really strong characters, a great story (so far), and a combat system that is much improved over the version we saw earlier in demos. Kudos, Square Enix.
  86. Dec 3, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review might contain spoilers:

FFXV is a game that truly touched my heart and dare I say one of my fave FF installments.
    Indeed it is different with its open world approach and action combat. But I assure you that the story is an FF like story. Though it is quite short (I'd say around 10-15 hours of story while the rest are roaming in the open world).
    At first the story seemed pretty simple and boring to me, a boy band traveling around having fun with no actual motive, so I didn't really enjoy it. I had more fun doing the side stuff than continuing the story.
    But when chapter 6-7 came...That's when the story turned a lot better.I felt emotional throughout chapter 7 till 15.
    SE did a great job in playing with my heart.
    As for the Open world, its great.
    The world is beautiful and big and theres a lot of stuff to do which are very enjoyable.
    The characters are great, they all have lovely personalities and while it isn't so noticeable, character development does accur with all of them. Especially towards the end.
    Now the reason while I gave this game an 8 instead of a 9-10 is because:
    -There are still bugs in the game.
    -The camera isnt perfect, sometimes while in a talking scene/battle it pans out to a totally different direction from what it should focus on.
    -The combat feels great but it does need slight tweaking.
    -The story felt short and some parts of it came by surprise with no real explanation, would be nice if SE would elaborate on those parts a bit more instead of throwing them as a plot twist.
    - lip syncing on non cut scene conversations look a bit weird.

Overall this game is great. and while it does have technical issues it holds a warm place in my heart.
    my suggestion to anyone who is going to start playing this game:
    Don't rush it. Take your time with roaming the open world, doing side quests and spending time with Noct's crew. It is all worthwhile and makes the ending even more bitter sweet than it already is.
  87. Nov 30, 2016
    A series that had died for me without noticing, more than 10 of FF not being a series I care much about, FF15 has revived the series for me, take a spot that FF7,8,and 8 has took on me many years ago.

+ awesome character, even tho one of them may annoy you, they will have a place in your heart if you didn't play with the intention to hate the game +really good story with much potential

+really good story with much potential (while the way the story got told may ruin some opinions toward the story, the core story is really good, the story asks the watcher to link the event and action with the right reason rather than telling you everything in clear words) I would wait for more story type dlc to come
    + an addictive combat system
    + nice end game contents, the game doesn't end with finishing the main story, it actually begins gameplay wise.
    + a real world to explore, and even tho we don't get to explore some regions , hopefully the dlc will open more areas in the future
  88. Dec 1, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I made a review the day the game officially came out, since I got the game 4 days earlier. At the time I was maybe halfway through the game. I just beat the game earlier today, so I thought I'd update my review to give a clearer description. This will contain some spoilers too as I have some thoughts about the game as well.

The biggest thing is Luna's death. What was really a shame, is that we didn't really feel much attachment to her it seems, compared to Aerith from FF7, yet her death felt so similar to Aerith's death. Luna got stabbed by the main villain, and there was even something involving water when she summoned Leviathan, and even with her falling into the water inside Noctis' dream.

The ending was a little strange too, and a bit confusing at first. It was something like a good ending, bad ending, but it felt like something for each person to imagine themselves how the game should end.

Now the other thing is, I don't understand the hate for the game from some users. I think some people just want to see the world burn, or they can't get the nostalgia out from their butt to move forward and truly see how great FFXV is.

People can praise other open world RPGs as game of the year and really enjoy it, while those games don't play as great as FFXV does. I can understand FFXV having very high expectations because it's the 15th in the main series (100th+ FF in the series overall after all the spin-offs, remakes, etc.), and 10 years in the making also has a lot of expectations (but the game has been redone, so people are forgetting that it hasn't been a full 10 years just towards the game we have now.

If you stand back and look at the game for what it is, instead of a FF game with 10 years in development, then you'll see it has a fresh new take on the JRPG genre. You have a massive open world to explore, and much like a FF MMO or a MMO in general, you can travel and go anywhere and do any quests in the order you want.

The character's feel bland to you? Well, we have the tough guy who is very loyal to the Prince and his friends, Gladio. He's a fun guy to have around to often tease Prompto as well. We have Prompto, he's the Michaelangelo of the team (same voice actor that does that TMNT's character voice too), and he's the comic relief to add in one liners and to make the road trip and adventure fun. We have Ignis, the smart guy and the brains of the whole team, while he makes sure to take care of the crew and their essential needs during the trip. Then we have Noctis, at times he can get emo, but that was always how a main FF character was in most of the main series. Generally he's a positive guy that has a goal in mind, and he's learning about the world and bonding with his team mates. Maybe people are sore there are no girls in the mix or the cast isn't all female instead? Well, there are some females in the game, and even some join your team for a while.

There's also an array of other interesting characters throughout the game. Along with fast combat, and a series of side quests and mini games. I feel this game deserves to be game of the year. I was looking at the other top rated games of this year, and I don't feel those games have anything on this game. But of course, this game probably won't get goty due to so many expectations and some going in to try and nitpick everything they can about it because of all the hype.

Despite all that, it's a beautiful and fun game. The story could've been better for a FF game, but sometimes it's good for them to be a little different and not always make a story with complexity and twists, but a more simpler story, so they can focus on other things.

Play the game for yourself if you haven't, and definitely form your own opinion of the game. It's well worth the purchase.
  89. Dec 8, 2016
    Plus
    ------
    + Great gfx
    + Amazing music
    + Combat is diverse and alot of fun
    + nice open world
    + SquareEnix promises many free updates
    + being able to fly your car is amazing

Minus
    --------
    - nothing that i didn't like
  90. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is the new game on the franchise, maybe it will be good to newcomers but a bit different for nostalgics of the saga.The combat system is a bit poor ( but funny).The history could be better if the movie events were playable or at least we could see them in game ( maybe not all the movie, but the key parts ).
    That are the "shadows" of the game, the graphics, the
    That are the "shadows" of the game, the graphics, the atmosphere, the characters and the world are beatiful and we feel it alive, we can feel the evolution of the characters ( something really hard in the narrative).
    Finally maybe the game is not perfect, but no one is, But it feels like fresh air in the JRPG genre and in Final Fantasy.
  91. Nov 30, 2016
    Best Final Fantasy to come out since 9. Seriously very well done. The combat mechanics are pretty amazing and world feels very alive / open so far. Only downside is a wonky camera and you cant accept multiple hunts at a time. Four hours in and i'm still in the first act.
  92. Nov 29, 2016
    What an epic story we have while playing FFXV, the meaning of a game is what it brings us. When i play FFXV, i've got same old feelings i had playing FF VII/IX/X and for this reason, it's already a game in my heart.
    Final fantasy is back guys!
  93. Nov 29, 2016
    Finally FINAL FANTASY is back, XV was a great game as I expect, Amazing character and the most awesome gameplay that I've played in so many years, thanks square and mister Tabat for this crazy game, and this boost the hype for FFVII Remake! Final Fantasy is relevant again!
  94. Nov 29, 2016
    +Nice and constantly evolving characters with great charisma and a very realistic behavior make the whole crew and npc very credible.
    +Astonishing and very polished in technical aspects, with special mention to the lovely crafted and detailed environment, together with a weather system which is formidable.
    +Full of references from the other titles of the saga, evolving and changing
    +Full of references from the other titles of the saga, evolving and changing things radically but always keeping in mind what characterizes and defines the saga.
    +Full of well-loved, soulfully and kind of eccentric npc.
    +The music is just gorgeous and accompanies really well the various dramatic, action-driven, contemplative and tragic moments.
    +The combat system (once you get used to it and have purchased some of the skill tree's abilities) becomes super dynamic, varied, tactical and visually astonishing.
    +The magic-crafting system that resembles that of the FFVIII offers the player great freedom and a grand diversity of possibilities.
    +The presence of the most iconic monsters from the saga.
    +Lots and lots of extras and minigames, together with optional, powerful and very challenging bosses.
    +Although limited to 6, the presence of the most iconic archaeans (summons) will make the fans happy and nostalgic.
    +Nice storytelling with lots of tragic, epic, dramatic, pleasant, bizarre and funny moments make the story unforgettable.
    +Gorgeous car customization and personalization.
    +Chocobos, cute and adorable chocobos :3
    +Great I.A.

-Sometimes the vastness of the world can become tiring but luckily, the regalia has a teleport option for these situations.
    -Lacks a deeper "parkour" system... With so many obstacles, sometimes you miss a bit more interaction with the environment.
    -Maybe there could be several more deeper and classical RPG features and character skills in the trees.
    -Rather long loading times (but it kind of preserves the feeling of the classic titles of the franchise so it's not intrinsically a problem for my opinion).

We have been delivered a masterpiece. A gorgeous title that even though it has evolved and changed some features, it obsessively safeguards the most iconic and worshiped aspects of the best franchise's titles! Final Fantasy lives again, with restored and overwhelming strength :)
  95. Mar 2, 2017
    As a newcomer to the series I loved this game. It played out like a mix between witcher and dragon age and I loved it! It's got beautiful visuals and a big open world with tons of missions and side quests that feel fresh. Haven't been this excited playing a game since Skyrim. I was extremely pleasantly surprised with this game!
  96. Feb 22, 2017
    FFXV is an exciting, and emotional game with a story about brotherhood, coming-of-age, and tragedy. The battle system is fast-paced, flashy and is very satisfying. The open world is enormous, and the only downfall of the game is how long it takes to travel from place to place, at times. Later in the game, the player would have to be smart about where they are going, so that they can warpFFXV is an exciting, and emotional game with a story about brotherhood, coming-of-age, and tragedy. The battle system is fast-paced, flashy and is very satisfying. The open world is enormous, and the only downfall of the game is how long it takes to travel from place to place, at times. Later in the game, the player would have to be smart about where they are going, so that they can warp nearby using the regalia (car), and make the trip alot shorter. The game gives the player "the feels" at its conclusion. Absolutely loved the game, and I continue to play it as DLC comes out. It's a game worth getting the platinum trophy on; it isn't that difficult to get the platinum either. Expand
  97. Nov 30, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is one of my favorite games on ps4 currently the graphics, gameplay, and soundtrack is incredibly well done, the story can slow down and is hard to understand whats happening at first with knowing the backstory. Thats my only complaint great agme
  98. Dec 1, 2016
    Final Fantasy 15 is amazing... i have been a huge fan of the series since FF 7 and this game tips every box... if your are a fan of the series this is an instant buy!
  99. Dec 2, 2016
    Im lazy and not about to write a whole bunch but this game is fantastic! Ive played ff 7, 10, 12, 13 and spinoffs. I do really enjoy turnbased games and we dont have any serious mature rpgs like that on ps4 in particular. And would have liked ff 15 to be more classic turn base. But I do like god of war and devil may cry style combat and this game still somewhat blends turn base and actionIm lazy and not about to write a whole bunch but this game is fantastic! Ive played ff 7, 10, 12, 13 and spinoffs. I do really enjoy turnbased games and we dont have any serious mature rpgs like that on ps4 in particular. And would have liked ff 15 to be more classic turn base. But I do like god of war and devil may cry style combat and this game still somewhat blends turn base and action combat into one!! But its mostly fast action.

The world, characters, some quests, most story missions, about half the music and especially the COMBAT is fantastic!!!! The better you get the more stylish you can be and can get better at controlling the camera smh lol but its not that bad maybe 20 percent of the time it will get wonky on tall skinny enemies. The story is meh, I geuss you have to watch kingslaive but the voice acting is really good most often and ive never really heard anybody say something cheezy, which is good for newcomers. Well prompto might but his crew calls him out on it lol this game is really an 8.5+ for sure!!!

Only drawback is imo very slight camera issues, frame stutter slightly in altissia city on ps4, some areas are a little empty, only some. Other areas have monsters spawning often but where one dungeon was huge and not many enemies or structures, (I think i went there early before a side quest boss was ready) but other dungeons are awesome!!

BTW!!!! Most of the fun isnt necessarily from the story but alternate paths, taking your time exploring and the side quests that have some of the best bosses. Well, besides the 2nd half of the game has some over the top fights! Really fun! And im on ch. 12 and 55 hours in. This is a legit opinion fellas. I gave 10 to bump it up to my 8.5+
  100. Dec 7, 2016
    Awesome game! Highly recommend to any long term final fantasy fans and all of the newcomers to the series! Ive had tons of fun with this game! Best one since FFX IMO

1. Feb 14, 2017
    After so many years of development, Final Fantasy XV is not what I expected it to be. The universe is immense and beautiful and the characters are just fine. But the story is short and disappointing and the gameplay suffers from lack of depth. FFXV is a good game, but it can never bring the former glories back to the series.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Feb 14, 2017
    Even as you reflect on the rarity of a blockbuster that's willing to take real risks, you'll be left with the uncomfortable realisation that ten years wasn't quite long enough, after all. Those jagged edges are, in the end, just a little too sharp. [Feb 2017, p.110]
  3. Feb 7, 2017
    Despite a divided feel, torn between what it was and what it plans to be, Final Fantasy XV has a lot to offer. If you're a diehard JRPG fan, then it's a positive sign that the series can cross over to a new format. And if you're just looking for an open world adventure, Final Fantasy XV certainly has that in spades, while doing just enough things differently to separate it from the likes of Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls.