8.6

1. Apr 11, 2012
    Flower... original and very beautiful game i ever seen, but besides that, very boring, you can play only 1 hour before falling asleep. I think it is just an excuse to show the potential of the PS3.
  2. Dec 22, 2010
    This is a relaxing game... So relaxing I almost fell asleep every time I played it, the game provides a novel and minimalistic but powerful meaning, somehow they managed to awaken me at the later levels when I started to understand the context of the subtle story it intends to show, so I can say that this game is special somehow but it has some issues, first of all the gameplay isThis is a relaxing game... So relaxing I almost fell asleep every time I played it, the game provides a novel and minimalistic but powerful meaning, somehow they managed to awaken me at the later levels when I started to understand the context of the subtle story it intends to show, so I can say that this game is special somehow but it has some issues, first of all the gameplay is controlled entirely with the sixasis feature on the ps3 controllers, making it very interesting but ultimately annoying, I hated how difficult it was forthe wind to follow my commands so every level I spent more time going back to the same areas multiple times untill I got all the flowers up, and second the music is almost too boring to actually realize the game has music going on. At the end I'm not sure if the game is worth the price I payed for it. Expand
  3. May 23, 2011
    Stunning graphics and vibrant colors does not make up for shallow gameplay. Too much of flower is just comprised of guiding a flower pedal in the air and gathering more flower pedals. It was definitely stunning to see all of them rendered so lifelike but it's something I would be amazed to see as an E3 tech demo, not as a video game.
  4. JackK.
    Jan 27, 2010
    If you're in need of some relaxing after something like Call of Duty, then you may wan't to try it out. But as it stands as a simple PSN download, it's ultimately a disappointment.
  5. Feb 3, 2014
    What the...! 8.8 in user score average! To me, Flower should be more intense to be a good action game, more tricky to be a good puzzle game, more imaginative to be a good adventure game, more impressive to be a good hardware showoff, longer to be a good retail game. The campaign ends very abruptly, just as it's about to get interesting, so half the game feels like the beginning levels ofWhat the...! 8.8 in user score average! To me, Flower should be more intense to be a good action game, more tricky to be a good puzzle game, more imaginative to be a good adventure game, more impressive to be a good hardware showoff, longer to be a good retail game. The campaign ends very abruptly, just as it's about to get interesting, so half the game feels like the beginning levels of any other game... like a tutorial basically.

I LOVE the concept and the subtle environmentalist message, but at the same time I have a problem with that as well: it preaches nature, but it demands a piece of consumer technology in order to be heard. Its depiction of nature is very simplistic and romantic. Where are the bacteria? Where are the fungi and all the natural stuff that messes up beauty? It's not in the game. Just as there are no explanations for the flowers or anything that could enlighten people now that the attention is there. All it shows is beautiful nature versus the factories and cities where WE sit consuming the message. I guess it's a subversive approach to the medium, but as simplistic as we see it here, I expect the constructive message to be lost on most gamers.
  6. Sep 15, 2014
    some people say "whoo this game is mind blowing" and some say "wow the visuals are beautiful". but i say "what the **** is wrong with these people??" i mean this game is damn overrated. this is not a bad game but it is not as good as people and critics say. it is a mediocre game. you control a flower petal and you have to just travel with motion control. no challenge at all. i give it a 5/10.
  7. May 12, 2015

1. The only rewards here are visual, and challenge is virtually non-existent. Yet thanks to elegance and lyricism, Flower made us feel slightly richer after putting down the pad. [Apr 2009, p.123]
    While the game is only six levels long, equating to about two to three hours of gameplay if you don't rush, Flower is well worth the money and you'll find yourself coming back just to go through the same levels over and over again.
  3. Flower is a shock to the gamer's system because it reminds us that games aren't about fanboy allegiances, media hype, and quarterly earnings. Good games—like good art—can simply be food for the soul. Flower is the kind of soulful nourishment we need more of.