8.6

1. Mar 23, 2011
    This game might seem simple, but the originality and creativity is solid and shines. Glad to see a quality and enjoyable game which does not rely on guns or repetitiveness to carry on the product as a whole. The elegance and relaxation is immersible and for $10, it does seem you do get your money's worth.
  2. May 23, 2011
    Stunning graphics and vibrant colors does not make up for shallow gameplay. Too much of flower is just comprised of guiding a flower pedal in the air and gathering more flower pedals. It was definitely stunning to see all of them rendered so lifelike but it's something I would be amazed to see as an E3 tech demo, not as a video game.
  3. Dec 22, 2010
    This is a relaxing game... So relaxing I almost fell asleep every time I played it, the game provides a novel and minimalistic but powerful meaning, somehow they managed to awaken me at the later levels when I started to understand the context of the subtle story it intends to show, so I can say that this game is special somehow but it has some issues, first of all the gameplay isThis is a relaxing game... So relaxing I almost fell asleep every time I played it, the game provides a novel and minimalistic but powerful meaning, somehow they managed to awaken me at the later levels when I started to understand the context of the subtle story it intends to show, so I can say that this game is special somehow but it has some issues, first of all the gameplay is controlled entirely with the sixasis feature on the ps3 controllers, making it very interesting but ultimately annoying, I hated how difficult it was forthe wind to follow my commands so every level I spent more time going back to the same areas multiple times untill I got all the flowers up, and second the music is almost too boring to actually realize the game has music going on. At the end I'm not sure if the game is worth the price I payed for it. Collapse
  4. Nov 13, 2010
    Epic, perhaps you never heard of the creators and the title may sound a little bit lame, but anyone should be able to look past that and see a truly beautiful game waiting to be discovered. The wind blowing with and eerie yet beautiful sound to top this game off a 'living art'.
  5. Apr 12, 2011
    An amazing experience. This game is all about relaxing and just letting the game take you where ever it goes. The graphics and music give this game a soothing presentation and that is what this game is all about.
  6. Jun 1, 2011
    Seeing all those good reviews makes me wonder why I still look to reviews ... if I want to relaxe, I'll watch TV, play to a game with a lot of cinematics (not a FPS), play to a game like Little Big Planet ... but never I'll play this boring game, yes it's beautiful but just go outside if you want to see flowers ... top 10 of the worst game I've played.
  7. Apr 14, 2011
    one best $10 games i ever buy
  8. May 14, 2011
    Wonderful. Atmospheric , addictive , fluid and mesmerising. This game must have been thought of in a dream or a transient state. Indeed I wish I'd thought of it. Doctors should prescribe Flower to people with high blood pressure. Gamers should play it to experience the ultimate chillout. Everyone else should play it just because its a unique unforgettable experience. Beautiful.
  9. Apr 11, 2012
    Flower... original and very beautiful game i ever seen, but besides that, very boring, you can play only 1 hour before falling asleep. I think it is just an excuse to show the potential of the PS3.
  10. Oct 1, 2011
    One of the greatest and most relaxing down loadable games you'll ever play. Don't hear those who say it's too short and not worth the money. This is one of the few games (if not the only) that will make you feel sad for what we are doing to nature. It's a most buy and it will remain one of the most unique games on your game library for a long time.
  11. Oct 7, 2011
    Most stunning game you'll play in your life. It's beautiful and extremely unique.
    The only downsides is the short campaign, although the prise is rightly chosen. As well as the rather dark level toward the end.
    All and all a great game!
  12. Aug 29, 2012
    This is a game everyone should play. It's also a game that everyone CAN play since the controls are simple and intuitive. Some might find Flower boring and short, but the rest will find it relaxing and wonderful. One could beat the game in a couple hours, but I find it has excellent replay value when you just need to relax and take your mind off something. The music is beautiful andThis is a game everyone should play. It's also a game that everyone CAN play since the controls are simple and intuitive. Some might find Flower boring and short, but the rest will find it relaxing and wonderful. One could beat the game in a couple hours, but I find it has excellent replay value when you just need to relax and take your mind off something. The music is beautiful and changes with your surroundings, and the graphics are incredible as well. You can't compare Flower to any other game, and in my mind, that alone makes it worth buying. Expand
  13. Nov 19, 2011
    Flower isn't so much of a game in a traditional sense though it does have a "goal" for each level but more so just an... Experience. I can't really think of how else to put it as there is just nothing else around that is really like it. Visually stunning with soothing music and simplicity in its approach it really is just a matter of simply letting go of yourself.
  14. Oct 11, 2012
    How does playing as a bunch of flower petals moving through the wind sound? Not that great. My thoughts afterwards: YES PLEASE. Having no clue what the game was when I started playing it I was really great experience to build my own opinion of the game entirely free of outside influence. I was confused at first as to why I was a petal and moving around with motion controls. After havingHow does playing as a bunch of flower petals moving through the wind sound? Not that great. My thoughts afterwards: YES PLEASE. Having no clue what the game was when I started playing it I was really great experience to build my own opinion of the game entirely free of outside influence. I was confused at first as to why I was a petal and moving around with motion controls. After having set down the game for 15 minutes to take a break I found myself wanting to pick it right back up and keep floating around. It had a level of relaxation, visual awe, and awesome interactive sound track that really tied it together as an "experience" game. It's hard for me to understand why I enjoyed this so much, because conceptually this sounds like an incredibly boring and pointless game. Once you get going it rapidly grew on me and I really appreciated what Flower is. Definitely on the short side but in retrospect I wouldn't have wanted it to be any longer. For those who haven't played, I absolutely think you should: the last level is incredibly fulfilling. Expand
  15. Jun 28, 2013
    This games sounds awful on paper: you control some petals by tilting your controller and holding down X to run into flowers. Despite this, the gameplay is tricky enough to keep your interest and the atmosphere and wordless story, at once deceptively simple and yet compellingly intangible, is possibly one of the most moving games I've ever played. If you can't see past shooters andThis games sounds awful on paper: you control some petals by tilting your controller and holding down X to run into flowers. Despite this, the gameplay is tricky enough to keep your interest and the atmosphere and wordless story, at once deceptively simple and yet compellingly intangible, is possibly one of the most moving games I've ever played. If you can't see past shooters and bouncing on creatures heads, then this may not float your boat, but for those looking for a genuinely different experience in gaming, that isn't lodged squarely up its own backside, this is it. Worth the money and dismiss this as a 'girly game' because of the flora. Just try it. Expand
  16. Mar 5, 2014
    Bought this because everyone says it's a 9/10. I was disappointed. Gameplay: You move flower petals around over other flowers to accumulate more. There is no words to read, no story at all. Just you moving your controller and not understanding why you have to collect more petals. Story:None Replayabllity: None Controls: You have to use the six axis which no game ever uses, and it shouldn'tBought this because everyone says it's a 9/10. I was disappointed. Gameplay: You move flower petals around over other flowers to accumulate more. There is no words to read, no story at all. Just you moving your controller and not understanding why you have to collect more petals. Story:None Replayabllity: None Controls: You have to use the six axis which no game ever uses, and it shouldn't because it feels clunky. And since there is literally no words in this entire game there is no way to learn the controls other than fumbling your way through trying to figure out what any of the 14 buttons do.

I paid 7 dollars for this game, and I feel it was a waste of 6 of those dollars. Even after reading these good reviews, I don't understand how people can call this a form of entertainment.
  17. Apr 3, 2012
    Not much to say about Flower. It's a nice relaxing game that feels like a painting come to life. It has a certain type of sleepy catharsis about it that helps me unwind after a busy day. It's not the most challenging or deepest game ever created.. But then again, what do you expect from a game based around flowers? The question is: Do you want to win the "Games as art" argument? Look no further.
  18. Dec 17, 2013
    About the best and most original game I've played this generation. You have to control the wind and make one leaf into a wide colored beautiful group of leaves. More importantly, the world because more beautiful and opens up as you open flowers, make dying grass green again and essentially create life. One of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen, couldn't get enough off this game.About the best and most original game I've played this generation. You have to control the wind and make one leaf into a wide colored beautiful group of leaves. More importantly, the world because more beautiful and opens up as you open flowers, make dying grass green again and essentially create life. One of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen, couldn't get enough off this game.
    Why only a 9? Because the game is too short, for some reason replaying it feels wrong (the second playthough will never be as good as the first) so after a 2,5 hours that's it. And lastly, it's nice to control the wind with the sixaxis but moving the controller like that is not always that comfortable and doesn't always work perfectly.
  19. Apr 8, 2012
    Truly a beautiful, mesmerizing game. If I were to explain this to someone that has no idea about it, it would sound like the lamest thing in the world. It even took me like 2 years to play it because it's like you are a flower? That floats in the wind? That certainly is all there is too it but at the same time it's so much more. You seriously cannot be mad playing this game, it has aTruly a beautiful, mesmerizing game. If I were to explain this to someone that has no idea about it, it would sound like the lamest thing in the world. It even took me like 2 years to play it because it's like you are a flower? That floats in the wind? That certainly is all there is too it but at the same time it's so much more. You seriously cannot be mad playing this game, it has a strange soothing quality to it. I recommend this to any gamer. Expand
  20. Feb 3, 2014
    What the...! 8.8 in user score average! To me, Flower should be more intense to be a good action game, more tricky to be a good puzzle game, more imaginative to be a good adventure game, more impressive to be a good hardware showoff, longer to be a good retail game. The campaign ends very abruptly, just as it's about to get interesting, so half the game feels like the beginning levels ofWhat the...! 8.8 in user score average! To me, Flower should be more intense to be a good action game, more tricky to be a good puzzle game, more imaginative to be a good adventure game, more impressive to be a good hardware showoff, longer to be a good retail game. The campaign ends very abruptly, just as it's about to get interesting, so half the game feels like the beginning levels of any other game... like a tutorial basically.

I LOVE the concept and the subtle environmentalist message, but at the same time I have a problem with that as well: it preaches nature, but it demands a piece of consumer technology in order to be heard. Its depiction of nature is very simplistic and romantic. Where are the bacteria? Where are the fungi and all the natural stuff that messes up beauty? It's not in the game. Just as there are no explanations for the flowers or anything that could enlighten people now that the attention is there. All it shows is beautiful nature versus the factories and cities where WE sit consuming the message. I guess it's a subversive approach to the medium, but as simplistic as we see it here, I expect the constructive message to be lost on most gamers.
  21. Mar 26, 2012
    Awesome game, some days before I play the boring Journey, I decide play flower, and the result is completely different than the other SCEA game, is addictive, interesting a masterpiece.
  22. May 19, 2013
    Very beautiful and relaxing this game is, the graphics and music and the way the sixaxis controller is so well done is amazing! All 3 of this developers games are great to play if you like flower try journey and flow, you wont be disappointed.
  23. May 9, 2012
    Perhaps one of the best video games I've ever played! It is more of an interactive experience than it is a game. I will try not to spoil anything. You will need a DualShock 3/SIXAXIS controller to play this experience. You guide a swarm of flower pedals and tilt the controller to bloom all of the flowers with your swarm. This game is also educational of human impact on the environment. IfPerhaps one of the best video games I've ever played! It is more of an interactive experience than it is a game. I will try not to spoil anything. You will need a DualShock 3/SIXAXIS controller to play this experience. You guide a swarm of flower pedals and tilt the controller to bloom all of the flowers with your swarm. This game is also educational of human impact on the environment. If you are looking for a safe online game for your children of any age to play, look no further! Expand
  24. Jun 19, 2013
    While not generally suited to the action and first-person shooter audience, Flower gives players a flowing (no pun intended), minimalistic, and overall powerful meaning, and for the duration of the game (2-5 hours, not counting extra time not playing it), it's well worth the money if you want a visual story not told from text or speech.
  25. Jul 4, 2013
    Game is perfect. Gameplay is intresting, graphics are good and style is wonderfool! Many features ingame is revolutionary, like as credits for separate level with mini-levels from all game it's great.

Game release for many years earlier as it need to be, but despite of it game take 8.8. I like to think, that if game release today it will take 10 of 10. And you could buy game that deserves 10 of 10 for $10. Don't you think that it's a gift?
  26. Feb 6, 2013
    This game is beauty. Some could think it's boring, but I think it's poetic. You are the wind, you can fly over hills and ponds, you drag behind you a long trail of petals, you can turn all the ugly human structures into colorful plants. It's just beautiful.
  27. Dec 8, 2013
    Flower is a game people hated, as it wasn't an action packed game, full of pre-determined explosions and linearity. This is a game that gives you freedom to explore each new level, it is visually stunning, the storyline is beautiful, well told and slightly dark and the game (while having frustrating motion controls) is fairly relaxing. This is a very good indie game, that I strongly recommend.
  28. Aug 29, 2013
    Flower is the most aesthetically-pleasing, calming, serene game I've played. I thoroughly enjoyed the tilt-control gameplay that puts you in the part of the wind, opening flowers as you fly along with each flower playing a musical notation upon opening. Easily my favorite game; and definitely my favorite to play to de-stress.
  29. Jul 30, 2014
    Breathtaking life of the petal of a flower. There is an amazing flow of harmony here, where with your own moves you control the nature itself and fight for the harmony of nature against civilization. Extremely simple, really relaxed feel and a slow pace, but the entire eco message goes beyond videogame and it can really open many children's eyes. 8/10
  30. May 12, 2014
    Simple and Beautiful. Just press a button and move your controller. This game is not going to be for everyone but it is definitely worth a try. The PS4 version of the game only delivers a better experience of this piece of art.
  31. Aug 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is absolutely amazing. It makes good use of the 6-axis controls on the PS3 remotes (finally something that does) and challenges traditional gaming conventions with simple gameplay, easy controls and a way to explore emotional chords not only visually but auditorily. The surrounding environment and background, which is usually paid little attention in games, is pulled to the forefront and actually made to be important. And as you journey through a beautifully vivid and changing landscape you find there is a story, a message: the tension between urban bustle and natural serenity is present as humans destroy the environment and taint the natural beauty around them. But as you gather flower petals you find that everything you pick up, every flower you bloom, causes the environment to change. The more flowers you bloom, the more petals you get in your swarm and in the end, you find that humans can be in harmony with nature and all its beauty and peace. This game is a wonderful interactive escape on PS3.... no matter how many times you play, you'll never get tired of just how beautiful and peaceful it is. It's perhaps the most non-stressful game I've ever played and it's great to unwind with and it sort of restores my faith in the gaming industry (It's not a first person shooter, YAY!) and what is going on within it. I love this game and continue to be breathless with how amazing it is. Expand
  32. Nov 6, 2014
    Another extremely short game from Thatgamecompany, but another highly unique and calming experience. A rare game that makes great usage of the sixaxis and perfect if you've had enough of shooting zombies for one day.
  33. Sep 15, 2014
    some people say "whoo this game is mind blowing" and some say "wow the visuals are beautiful". but i say "what the **** is wrong with these people??" i mean this game is damn overrated. this is not a bad game but it is not as good as people and critics say. it is a mediocre game. you control a flower petal and you have to just travel with motion control. no challenge at all. i give it a 5/10.
  34. Dec 3, 2014
    amazing visuals and an amazing soundtrack. My only issue is one certain level that seems to be either too difficult or impossible to pass.

Solid game and should be played.
  35. Dec 22, 2010

1. The only rewards here are visual, and challenge is virtually non-existent. Yet thanks to elegance and lyricism, Flower made us feel slightly richer after putting down the pad. [Apr 2009, p.123]
    While the game is only six levels long, equating to about two to three hours of gameplay if you don't rush, Flower is well worth the money and you'll find yourself coming back just to go through the same levels over and over again.
  3. Flower is a shock to the gamer's system because it reminds us that games aren't about fanboy allegiances, media hype, and quarterly earnings. Good games—like good art—can simply be food for the soul. Flower is the kind of soulful nourishment we need more of.