8.7

1. Sep 12, 2010
    This is one my all-time favorite racing games. In fact, I had never even watched an F1 race prior to getting this game. I enjoyed it so much, I actually now follow the F1 series in real-life and enjoy it.

If you are into "simulation" type racing you will not be disappointed with this one. I would recommend that you definitely use a racing wheel however as that is much better than trying to control your car with a regular controller.
  2. Sep 21, 2013
    I don't get why certain reviews rate a game low even though It's a masterpiece. The last time I played an F1 game is on my PS1. I got the game when I bought my PS3 years ago. The graphics are amazing, the driving is very enjoyable. It really isn't as hard as most people say it is, even without braking, steering or visual aid. To me, It had tons of replay value. I always set myself aI don't get why certain reviews rate a game low even though It's a masterpiece. The last time I played an F1 game is on my PS1. I got the game when I bought my PS3 years ago. The graphics are amazing, the driving is very enjoyable. It really isn't as hard as most people say it is, even without braking, steering or visual aid. To me, It had tons of replay value. I always set myself a challenge to wreck every other driver without damaging mine too much in quick race. You also unlock old formula 1 cars by playing the Career Mode. The game to me did not have a single flaw.

Will we ever again see a game as good as this? Maybe. Just hope that in Next Gen developers don't cater every game to casuals and cry babies.
  3. Oct 23, 2013
    This is by far the best racing game I have ever played. It is a vast improvement over its predecessors (F1 05, F1 06, etc), with improved graphics and more realistic driving. I'm not the best at it (I have only finished three out of ten races so far in Career Mode for Super Aguri), but I'm slowly learning my potential on it, and I even qualified on pole and finished in 3rd in the EuropeanThis is by far the best racing game I have ever played. It is a vast improvement over its predecessors (F1 05, F1 06, etc), with improved graphics and more realistic driving. I'm not the best at it (I have only finished three out of ten races so far in Career Mode for Super Aguri), but I'm slowly learning my potential on it, and I even qualified on pole and finished in 3rd in the European GP!

What I would say is that this game is hard at first, but once you do a couple of races (finish them at least!) you'll be fine.

1. Championship Edition is super-realistic. Perhaps too much for its own good. For F1 buffs that's ideal, but if you want an adrenaline-pumping ride on PS3, there's another game, with a big desert and mad vehicles, which does it far better.
  2. This really very attractive game is hand-wringingly dull. Here's why: the handling is terrible. In fact, it's so flawed there's simply never a time when it's fun, or even satisfying, to drive these cars.
  3. As far as either an authentic simulation or a fun re-imagining goes, it’s like some strange negative of the emperor’s new clothes; the pretty wrapping is there but the body is not. [Mar 2007, p.83]