6.1

1. Sep 29, 2010
    Yup i was so scared to have preordered and spent 65 bucks for this game i almost cancelled it the day before it released. Boy, am i glad i didnt do that. I didnt by into the its not strategy game anymore crap i just wanted to see what would become of front mission. Lets see...I have played its campaign mode more than mw2, bfbc2, cod war at war campaigns. Maybe because this game explainsYup i was so scared to have preordered and spent 65 bucks for this game i almost cancelled it the day before it released. Boy, am i glad i didnt do that. I didnt by into the its not strategy game anymore crap i just wanted to see what would become of front mission. Lets see...I have played its campaign mode more than mw2, bfbc2, cod war at war campaigns. Maybe because this game explains its controls in the manual (something the bigboys need to do) reexplains it in the game and allows you to gain your trophies on the easy mode which helps you develop confidence in what you are doing while exploring its world. Maybe because wanzers are slower which allowed me to understand how to play before the difficulty kicked in. The graphics were very nice with rich detail in the explosions and the music is movie soundtrack worthy in its pacing and the way it fits into the game. The customization of the wanzers is so open depending upon what you want and how you want to play, can a human change his legs to move faster, or his arms for better accuracy no, but a wanzer can. I am sorry but the on foot missions didnt bother me it felt mw2ish but thats not a complaint mw2 is a great great game. Yes there where moments in the game were i felt confused but i really got the feeling square enix wants you to try the game and complete it as mission objectives were easily mapped out and located i never got the where am i suppose to go? and what do i do next? feeling...The online mode is straight call of duty world at war. yes there is only a few modes the genius lies in the fact that when you rank a game you get matched with people around your skill level. So no noobs i cant beat yuu down. You get killstreaks, clan tags, etc. ala mw2...plus customization over your wanzer arms, legs, torso, guns, shields, backpacks, and even colors and camaflouge. its a thing of beauty. The explosions, people talking junk, hey that is part of the genre but everybody gets smacked around Everybody. This is a dudes game and for girls who like to just hang out with the dudes (but get your game face on) and please no sex talk. This is square enix first try at this and I have enjoyed everything about it. Is it perfect no...NO game is...but is it right up there with the best i feel good about saying yes especially if you like mech warriors (wanzers) and mw2. I would like to see a few more modes to play but until i get to level 70 a few times and unlock all my stuff i am happy. Square Enix please downloadable content. Not now mind you the game is new to all of us but 4 months maybe? Think about it.....Also we do need a strategy rpg front mission how about running both, you cant give me this and take it away but i aslo have luv for its heritage. P.S. no you can not rank your friends in a game because if you if you are sergeant and he noob you beat him always and he cant level himself up an you get cheap kills..... but you can create rooms and play them...Pros an Cons to everything, you can thank my buddies who got about a 1000 kills off me as i learned mw2 for that. Expand
  2. Dec 31, 2010
    In the first 50 hours of gameplay, which is a long period of gaming in my aspect, it was perfect and I alone had no problems in playing it, however, after a certain amount of hours, it felt boring like playing campaign on COD for repeated amount of time, however, I still recall playing the game again because it was still fun after all. Not only that, the concept and storyline moves a lot,In the first 50 hours of gameplay, which is a long period of gaming in my aspect, it was perfect and I alone had no problems in playing it, however, after a certain amount of hours, it felt boring like playing campaign on COD for repeated amount of time, however, I still recall playing the game again because it was still fun after all. Not only that, the concept and storyline moves a lot, and designs are very amazing. Expand
  3. Mar 21, 2011
    I was concerned that this game would be terrible. I find it quite enjoyable, It obviously has a few things that are quirky, like the missing **** textures, but overall the game is really fun for me and I love the customization, definitely a casual gamer type game.
  4. Mar 26, 2012
    Even if I'm a fan of the classics FM (turn based) I'm gonna giving this game a 9/10 'cuz it's fun and enough well made. Graphics are good, sound is not bad, controls are smooth and gameplay is fun, the story and characters are not the best out there, at least not fun and charmful as in FM3 but neither too bad.

1. Jan 13, 2011
    In the end, Front Mission Evolved is not the disaster that many fans feared it to be, delivering an overall decent campaign and customizations for robot junkies to mull over. However, it is also an unnecessary diversion for the series, attempting to increase its mainstream appeal but ultimately having the opposite effect.
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    In the end, Front Mission Evolved took the concept of third-person mech combat and took all the fun out of it. It is hard to not compare it to other games like it because the other ones got the core of it right. If Square Enix decides to take the series back to being a tactical RPG, I wouldn't blame them.
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    While Evolved may not be a game of the year contender and definitely has some faults, it is also probably the most fun I have had in a mech game since the original MechAssault on Xbox.