Full Auto 2: Battlelines PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Dec 7, 2006
7.6

1. JoelCampbell
    Dec 13, 2006
    This game blows like everything else PS3. The system is such a letdown. Its said the PS2 was actually good. Please people, dont waste the price of this game and $600 (Yes! The system really is that much, I know, I know...) and buy a 360 which is worth the price or even better a Wii. And if you own it, sell it on Ebay while you still can and people haven't realized how bad the system is.
  2. Andyman
    Dec 15, 2006
    Sure, it LOOKS a whole lot better than the already-impressive 360 version, but why... WHY did Pseudo Interactive not bother to improve the awful gameplay? Sadly, this reminds me of those popular VW Beetle kit-car conversions of the 1970s... it looks like a Ferrari, but underneath it's still just a worn-out Bug.
  3. MusaaakM.
    Dec 8, 2006
    Amazing sequel. Especially considering it was released the same year as Full Auto 1, and they had to build it for a new format (PS3). Even without this knowledge the game just rocks on its own merits. good job!
  4. DerekB.
    Jan 2, 2007
    This game is fun and the destruction is massive, but the single player is to easy even on hard.
  5. Jimmy
    Dec 23, 2006
    There's a reason why this game should have been delayed, and its the same reason why its predecessor should have been delayed. Like its predecessor on the 360, this is an extremely buggy game. The driving physics are horrendous even for an arcade game that isn't meant to take them seriously. The weapons lack any sort of creativity and the courses are all pretty bland. Do There's a reason why this game should have been delayed, and its the same reason why its predecessor should have been delayed. Like its predecessor on the 360, this is an extremely buggy game. The driving physics are horrendous even for an arcade game that isn't meant to take them seriously. The weapons lack any sort of creativity and the courses are all pretty bland. Do yourself a favor and wait for the next Burnout game or get Motorstorm... or pick up a copy of Twisted Metal: Black for the PS2 (for under $10) and play that instead. It may not be as good looking, but it plays a heck of a lot better. Expand
  6. SimonF.
    Dec 9, 2006
    Much better than the original. Great action and awesome graphics.
  7. Nov 2, 2011
    This game is decent and fun. The mechanics are okay. The perks are great and blends in with the game well. This reminds me of a Twisted Metal Revival sort of, given the fact a Twisted Metal game hasn't come out in ages. Very well crafted game. The graphics are amazing for the year and is one of the better games in its genre.
  8. Nov 7, 2015
    After finding a cheap copy of this game online, I looked it up to watch and read some reviews. Critics weren't really into it, but I thought "Y'know, this looks like a game I would enjoy regardless." and I bought it. I thought it was a pretty good game, certainly better than the internet makes it out to be. Destroying vehicles and buildings with a rocket launcher mounted on a truck neverAfter finding a cheap copy of this game online, I looked it up to watch and read some reviews. Critics weren't really into it, but I thought "Y'know, this looks like a game I would enjoy regardless." and I bought it. I thought it was a pretty good game, certainly better than the internet makes it out to be. Destroying vehicles and buildings with a rocket launcher mounted on a truck never ceased to amuse me, and I had a big stupid grin on my face as I did it. The game isn't without it's flaws, however. For one, it's awfully glitchy sometimes. I went off a huge jump, and I was soaring through the air, passing all of my earthbound opponents with ease... Then I got stuck inside a building and lost. One time I finished a level and couldn't go on to the next level for no reason, and had to quit to the PS3 menu to get it to work. Once, the game just froze during an important boss fight. The game also becomes frustratingly difficult at seemingly random intervals. Multiple times I thought the game was almost over because of the huge difficulty spike, like I was nearing a final boss or something, but no, it was just the game being ridiculously hard for no reason. Maybe I just suck, but it seemed like they wanted to make the game feel longer by making me spend more time on a level. But if you can overlook these issues, you'll find a hidden gem, yours for the taking for a measly price online. So if you're into racing games, I'd highly recommend Full Auto 2. If it looks interesting, give it a try, you have nothing but a couple bucks to lose. There's a local multiplayer mode if you have some buddies around, but I'd recommend playing at least some of the single player to unlock some cars and guns first. The online mode's servers were shut down, however. So at the end of the day, my point stands: A great game if you're a fan of the genre and aren't picky about it's issues. Expand

1. The racing is now roaring with excitement, but unfortunately, the game has gone flat in another way. The newly implemented arena battles resemble Twisted Metal in design, but play so poorly that it feels like someone is dragging your face across the pavement at 100mph. The dunce enemy AI, frustrating targeting system, and annoying level designs will make you dread these stages when they pop up in your career.
    Improves on its predecessor in almost every way imaginable. The destructible environments work well and actually change the flow of every race and the battle arenas add variety. What's more, the game runs smoother and looks better than its older sibling.
    With a solid online component, a vastly improved career mode, and plenty to unlock Full Auto 2 is a great addition to the PS3 library, let’s just hope the developers take their time and give us a true sequel next time around.