5.1

1. Jun 7, 2013
    @gyigyo2

You're a madman if you think this game is better than the "failed" Resistance 3. Seriously. Everything about this game is generic. The box art sums this game up personally. With games like The Last of us, Animal Crossing new leaf and GTA V around the corner, save your money.
  2. Jul 8, 2013
    When Fuse was Overstrike, I was excited for it. Then EA took a sh*t on it's face and made it Fuse, a generic third person shooter with literally no flare or unique qualities. It works, but there is nothing here that isn't recycled.
  3. May 29, 2013
    Gameplay: It's a generic shooter with a little bit of color. The weapons and skills are inventive and can be fun to use, but there isn't much in the way of gameplay diversity. Levels feel flat and linear with only a few enemy types. Bosses only require that you shoot the designated fuel tanks to defeat them.

Story: Plot merely serves to push the player through to the next shooting

Story: Plot merely serves to push the player through to the next shooting gallery and only two of the four main characters are really developed on. Minor dialogue between the team's members gives evidence that a lot of backstory was scrapped in the final cut, which is quite a shame for this new IP.

What originally showed promise as Overstrike has fallen short as Fuse. If your thinking of picking this up I would recommend waiting till it goes on sale.
  4. Jun 16, 2013
    Relatively good game, but there is the defects in the early stages and the story and directing and redundancy in the rooms and hallways I would recommend buying the game and let Used best!
  5. Jul 30, 2013
    FUSE is not a bad game. It's just boring and uninspired. It drinks from many sources, like Uncharted, Gears of War etc, but it delivers a bland, mediocre final product. The graphics are fine, the game plays very well (it's your traditional 3rd person shooter, nothing new here) and the "special weapons" are the main gimmick (which is quite nice actually; being able to become invisible orFUSE is not a bad game. It's just boring and uninspired. It drinks from many sources, like Uncharted, Gears of War etc, but it delivers a bland, mediocre final product. The graphics are fine, the game plays very well (it's your traditional 3rd person shooter, nothing new here) and the "special weapons" are the main gimmick (which is quite nice actually; being able to become invisible or create a barrier gives many strategical options in the battlefield). The characters are very under-developed and, although switching between them is possible (and on the fly) I never felt like it. I picked one up and carried on until the end. It's a linear game, with almost no replayability and the stages are basically shooting arenas, in other words, not compelling at all. It's a nice, mediocre game that serves its purpose. Completely forgettable though. Expand
  6. Apr 5, 2015
    You can't reinvent the wheel, I guess. Fuse is yet another third person cover shooter with some light character leveling. I didn't think it was as bad as critical reception made out. I had fun with it, which I guess is what' it's all about. It seems built around co-op but even on single player campaign, I enjoyed myself - enough to replay it four times (once with each character) and on allYou can't reinvent the wheel, I guess. Fuse is yet another third person cover shooter with some light character leveling. I didn't think it was as bad as critical reception made out. I had fun with it, which I guess is what' it's all about. It seems built around co-op but even on single player campaign, I enjoyed myself - enough to replay it four times (once with each character) and on all difficulties. Everyone should know the drill by now; move from rooms filled with chest-high walls, beat an endboss and move on to a change of scenery, might not go down well with anyone expecting something unique but as TPS go I thought it was good fun. The game does get frustrating at times however, and for one reason: your team AI is quite bad, and if any of the squad (AI or not) bleeds out, then it's game over. When player health gets to 0 you enter a bleedout state, kind of like Borderlands, except you can't shoot and your priority is to crawl to your nearest team mate - the problem is the AI is so stupid they sometimes don't feel like reviving you, or have no sense of self-preservation and can often be seen standing around doing nothing in the middle of a heated firefight or wandering into certain bosses instakill death rays or security turrets, trying (and failing) to revive each-other; this can get very annoying, thankfully, there are checkpoints aplenty. There is only a very small number of weapons on offer, aside from the player's special 'Fuse' weapons, there's a standard full auto AR, a burst AR with a scope, an SMG, a pistol and a sniper rifle. Some turret sections, some really cool enemy designs, but game is linear. Mindless action, good for co-op, that's it. Ends on a nasty cliffhanger, also has some fun horde mode co-op maps for more mindless shooting. Expand
  7. Jun 25, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but it is just too generic. The single player campaign is dull at times and extremely frustrating at other times. The controls are very intuitive and work well, the sound is good enough and the visuals are decent enough. The negatives are: 1)player leveling is very limited and in most cases useless, 2) AI teammates are great for healing you in battle butI really wanted to like this game but it is just too generic. The single player campaign is dull at times and extremely frustrating at other times. The controls are very intuitive and work well, the sound is good enough and the visuals are decent enough. The negatives are: 1)player leveling is very limited and in most cases useless, 2) AI teammates are great for healing you in battle but that's about it, 3) basically no real story. I couldn't help but think of Resident Evil:Operation Raccoon City while playing this title. Although Fuse is way better than than RE:ORC that's not saying much. This game is best played in multiplayer and as much as I like insomniac games, I think this is a rental at best. I give it a 7 for the multiplayer and with a few friends it is entertaining for a short while. Expand

1. Oct 7, 2013
    If you ever played an fps game, you've seen almost everything that Fuse offers. Co-op for four players is a nice idea and in theory the futuristic weaponry offers you four different ways to play the game. Unfortunately the dull level design, generic enemies and the basic setting that has been seen at least thousand times make sure, that this summer shooter is quickly forgotten. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    Fuse may have polished mechanics but that doesn’t change the fact that this is one of the most generic, anonymous and boring action games that has been released in the last few years. The “creative” weapons feel like an afterthought and the co-op is repetitive and dull. Playing Fuse alone is the definition of pointless.
  3. Ironically, the cover with the main cast's faces cut out of the picture represents the overall feel of Fuse perfectly: the weapons steal the show in this personality-lacking game. Those who crave for a fresh co-op experience will have some fun, but not for long. [July 2013, p.82]