5.0

1. Mar 1, 2014
    Fuse is the first multiplatform game for Insomniac Games, who has mainly been a PlayStation exclusive studio. Fuse's story is super bland and not interesting at all. You walk into a room shot the enemies and then walk into the next room and shot those enemies. Even most of the weapons are boring, something that Insomniac is excellent at in their Ratchet & Clank and Resistance franchises. I was hoping the co-op multiplayer would be better, but it is not, it is the same as the campaign. Fuse is bland and uninteresting in every way and I hope Insomniac's next game is a little more inspired. Expand
  2. Feb 9, 2014
    This is the GAME OF THE YEAR!

The demo did it no service back when I played it. I've played approximately 3 hours into the campaign. it's fun. The AI teamwork is fascinating. I don't feel as though I'm grinding through levels. What stands out the most is the polish the developers put on game mechanics. The story is great and kept snappy-straight to the point. You progress along
    with an AI that is actually accomplishing tasks like assassinations. Most games fail here. The AI makes short work of enemies which is great. I'm sick of games that make me do all the work. It's nice to actually have help. I've seen no flaws yet. I'll definitely buy a Fuse 2. Expand
  3. Dec 7, 2013
    love this game! characters are diverse, the weapons are awesome, coop is so so much fun!! i don't understand all the hate, the graphics are decent and though the story is not the best, it's definitely not the worst either and it's not a short game!!
  4. Jul 30, 2013
    FUSE is not a bad game. It's just boring and uninspired. It drinks from many sources, like Uncharted, Gears of War etc, but it delivers a bland, mediocre final product. The graphics are fine, the game plays very well (it's your traditional 3rd person shooter, nothing new here) and the "special weapons" are the main gimmick (which is quite nice actually; being able to become invisible or create a barrier gives many strategical options in the battlefield). The characters are very under-developed and, although switching between them is possible (and on the fly) I never felt like it. I picked one up and carried on until the end. It's a linear game, with almost no replayability and the stages are basically shooting arenas, in other words, not compelling at all. It's a nice, mediocre game that serves its purpose. Completely forgettable though. Expand
  5. Jul 8, 2013
    When Fuse was Overstrike, I was excited for it. Then EA took a sh*t on it's face and made it Fuse, a generic third person shooter with literally no flare or unique qualities. It works, but there is nothing here that isn't recycled.
  6. Jun 30, 2013
    Best way I found to describe this game is: this is a ps2 game with ps3 graphics.
    In my opinion, that is awesome. but I see why some people and gaming sites are giving this a low score.
    The game has splitscreen coop and is very fun to enjoy with friends. classes are cool and gameplay is very arcadish, if that makes any sense. horde mode is awesome.
    Story is just a tool to keep gameplay
    going forward, and is filled with clichés and predictable characters.
    Bottom line is: do you miss the good ol' ps2 days? if you do, you will like Fuse.
  7. Jun 25, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game but it is just too generic. The single player campaign is dull at times and extremely frustrating at other times. The controls are very intuitive and work well, the sound is good enough and the visuals are decent enough. The negatives are: 1)player leveling is very limited and in most cases useless, 2) AI teammates are great for healing you in battle but that's about it, 3) basically no real story. I couldn't help but think of Resident Evil:Operation Raccoon City while playing this title. Although Fuse is way better than than RE:ORC that's not saying much. This game is best played in multiplayer and as much as I like insomniac games, I think this is a rental at best. I give it a 7 for the multiplayer and with a few friends it is entertaining for a short while. Expand
  8. Jun 24, 2013
    Best co-op game ever I'll totally score this for 8 as if it goes the way i like to play with full destruction and action moves worth it and move of that is the character switch
  9. Jun 23, 2013
    Say hello to Fuse, or what once was "Over Strike 9", by developer Insomniac Games. Fuse is 3rd-person action/shooter that can be played singularly or with up 3 additional players. You control a squad of mercenaries out to thwart the evil doings of Raven, a villainous weapons dealer and militant force, who are trying to sell weapons of mass destruction made from an alien power source called "Fuse".

In comes your squad "Over Strike 9, who on a routine mission-gone-wrong stumble across some fuse enhanced weaponry and from there all hell breaks loose. You'll see team members Dalton, Naya, Izzy and Jacob jet all over the globe, from a secret Raven base located on a tropical island to the snowy mountain-tops where you battle it out hanging from cargo lifts thousands of feet-up.

Read the full review at www.GameFan365.com
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    Relatively good game, but there is the defects in the early stages and the story and directing and redundancy in the rooms and hallways I would recommend buying the game and let Used best!
  11. Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks for ruining Overstrike EA!!! They turned a good idea into a generic, boring third person shooter, with about as much personality as a brick wall.
  12. Jun 8, 2013
    If gears of war judgement got 79 score FUSE should easily be around this give or take a point. Fuse is like gears of war gameplay fused with binary domain. 3rd person cover shooter. So one must review games that are similair to each other. Its a cover shooter that mimic GOW to a tee. You dash and roll from cover to cover pop shooting and throwing grenades. But FUSE has better graphics and better gameplay and polished to a shine. Though identical to GOW you can change from the 4 characters at will. Not only that but each have different special powers. Much better gameplay, fast hectic frenzy shooter that can be played online if you chose with 4 people. Cool as heck, fun as heck cant understand the minimal review scores from a top teir publisher INSOMNIAC GAMES. GEARS OF WAR IS NOT BETTER THAN THIS GAME & insomniac released it on 2 console, GOW only came out on 1 console. FUSE HAS MY VOTE Expand
  13. Jun 7, 2013
    @gyigyo2

You're a madman if you think this game is better than the "failed" Resistance 3. Seriously. Everything about this game is generic. The box art sums this game up personally. With games like The Last of us, Animal Crossing new leaf and GTA V around the corner, save your money.
  14. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is bad like it was created with no vision and passion. Insomniac lost it a while back this is why they went multi-platform... and I'm kinda happy they are failing since they back-stabbed PlayStation fans all over.
  15. May 30, 2013
    Pros:Cool story,Great cinematics,Cool characters,Cool great gameplay Cons:Graphics a bit outdated,no pro logic II support for PS3 version.Thisis much better than Resistance series. especially Failed Resistance3.
  16. May 29, 2013
    Gameplay: It's a generic shooter with a little bit of color. The weapons and skills are inventive and can be fun to use, but there isn't much in the way of gameplay diversity. Levels feel flat and linear with only a few enemy types. Bosses only require that you shoot the designated fuel tanks to defeat them.

Story: Plot merely serves to push the player through to the next shooting
    gallery and only two of the four main characters are really developed on. Minor dialogue between the team's members gives evidence that a lot of backstory was scrapped in the final cut, which is quite a shame for this new IP.

What originally showed promise as Overstrike has fallen short as Fuse. If your thinking of picking this up I would recommend waiting till it goes on sale.
  17. May 29, 2013
    This game is not generic, boring, glitchy, or difficult as it's mad out to be. The characters can be interesting for humor and back-story but are definitely not the most developed, but you can learn to care for them and their personalities.
    Gameplay is tight, addictive, fun, and well-polished. It feels great and the character specific weapons are incredibly fun to use, especially when you
    combine them. The weaker standard weapons that can be used by everyone aren't as pleasing and you will have to use them quite a bit as ammo runs out for the Fuse weapons. Some either don't have kick or enough damage. Besides the Daybreaker I tried to stay away from them as much as possible. The horde mode is only fun with friends and provides a little more replay value.
    Graphics aren't everything and Fuse isn't going to blow you away, I do prefer the new change over the original since it allows for a cartoony theme and some serious emotion.
    The Story is not gritty or over the top emotional, and it isn't something your going to remember for years to come.
    This is a pretty good that I seriously recommend buying if you looking to have a good time. I hope they release DLC that adds a new multiplayer game mode or story addition. I really hope this game gets sequel and people aren't blinded by the fact that EA published the game. They aren't evil!
    I would give this an 8.5 but there are no half points.
  18. May 29, 2013
    This is a much better game than people are saying. Mechanically this game is top notch, I've encountered very little to no bugs. The reason most people are downvoting this game is because the change in art direction. The game itself is still awesome, and very solid. Its a mixture of Gears and Uncharted built for co-op. In my opinion its worth the $60 price tag, but for those who are on the fence I would say wait for a small price drop. This is just my kind of game. I love it. Can't wait to see where they take it. Expand
  19. May 28, 2013
    Insomniac Games hasn't been listening to their fans lately and are now reaping the consequence. Instead of creating a new IP that is fresh, new and innovative they just gave us recycled garbage on a silver platter. It might seem like I'm exaggerating but believe me, I've played the entire game and every single chapter left me feeling like I was playing a previously released game, which obviously isn't a good thing. I am a long term Insomniac fan and I even supported FFA when many practically on it. But I simply cannot stand by a game like Fuse. It's honestly sad that they're completely blowing off their fans for the mainstream audience. And yes, I say mainstream as this is a generic military esque shooter. It honestly boggled my mind that IG decided to go down this road but it's their choice and will ultimately be their problem. 2/10. Expand
  20. May 28, 2013
    Would give it a 10 just to cancel out the idiots giving it a 0. It's a 8.5 but giving it a 9 because I'm enjoying it more than most over visualized checkpoint shooters.

Graphically it doesn't feel near next gen, but it's a solid and enjoyable game with a constant frame rate and decent effects for something that seems co-op orientated. Story seems very long compared to recent industry
    norm 3-5 hour eye-candy extravaganzas, you just need to see past the somewhat dated game engine.

It's an arcade game. Doesn't take itself seriously at all and something you can play around kids of a reasonable age without the worry of constant swearing and persistent sexual innuendos/nudity. There are enough big bangs to keep you entertained, special abilities (invisibility, deployable shields) and custom character melee executions. Usual corny script writing at times, but it's delivered in a professional manner and fits with the feel of the game.

There's no real competitive MP which is a bit of a downer, but it holds it's own with persistent drop-in drop-out co-op in both SP and horde modes... and there's splitscreen on top of that (4 players on 2 consoles). Framerate has been solid so far, though there's sometimes a bit of a stutter when players drop in and out.

There's plenty to unlock with 4 characters to level up, team bonuses to unlock and weapon/armor skins. It'll keep me going for a few weeks anyway. There seem to be rewards for exploring SP maps like XP and gold, but haven't found a need to look for them as it's all rewarded by playing the game normally.
  21. May 28, 2013
    Fuse as a single player game is punishing but very playable experience (and you don't have to put up with any nooby players online that don't resurrect you if you are down as they don't know what to do), But with a good team online the game becomes extremely fun to play. The only bad point about the game is the story line as it is the weakest part of the game but everything else is solid (gameplay, graphics, audio).

Echelon mode does tale some getting used to as it punishes you if you jump into it without previously levelling the characters up, which you can do in the single player campaign.

And it is well worth playing the game again just to see the back story of each of the characters as well as tackling the levels from a different perspective.
  22. May 28, 2013
    Fuse was an adequate game. Not the best solo campaign and that horde style is useless playing alone. Probably best to play with friends though. The gunplay was pretty good and the environments were visually sound. Overall a good game. Insomniac have redeemed themselves this time.

1. Oct 7, 2013
    If you ever played an fps game, you've seen almost everything that Fuse offers. Co-op for four players is a nice idea and in theory the futuristic weaponry offers you four different ways to play the game. Unfortunately the dull level design, generic enemies and the basic setting that has been seen at least thousand times make sure, that this summer shooter is quickly forgotten. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    Fuse may have polished mechanics but that doesn’t change the fact that this is one of the most generic, anonymous and boring action games that has been released in the last few years. The “creative” weapons feel like an afterthought and the co-op is repetitive and dull. Playing Fuse alone is the definition of pointless.
  3. Ironically, the cover with the main cast's faces cut out of the picture represents the overall feel of Fuse perfectly: the weapons steal the show in this personality-lacking game. Those who crave for a fresh co-op experience will have some fun, but not for long. [July 2013, p.82]