5.6

1. May 21, 2012
    Erf .......... another RPG. My gosh ....... it's ugly. But wait .... it's old school RPG ? Hard fights ? All based on skill ....... hey wait, you have to build your player ? Even the carac ? It's slow, tought, harsh ? It's so 90' ......... hey wait .... the scenario is for adults? for real adults ? Not juste boobs and easy murder ? But really about "real" trahison , about politics, about wondering for real adults ? My gosh !!!! these guys are crasy !!! they don't know that Mass Effect and Dragon Age 2 are the actual standards ? ...................... Ok , time to punish .... i'll give you a 9, you'll cry your mama

troll mode off /

Graphic : 4
    Gameplay 7
    Story 10
    Style 9
    Value 9 ( if you're older than 25, i mean )
  2. May 22, 2012
    Great game. The story is great. The fighting is pretty good. The choices have actual consequences and the game flows from your decisions. The graphics are a bit dated, though why that should matter to a great gaming experience I am not entirely certain. There are also some very minor bugs that do not appear to affect quests but are a bit annoying, nothing as terrible as what most modern games launch with.

Overall, a great gaming experience with a few minor flaws.
  3. May 23, 2012
    This game is seriously underrated. Sure, from a purely technical standpoint it doesn't stand up to titles like Dragon Age 2. The graphics and control functionality certainly aren't at that level. But the real lithmus test of a game is how fun it is. For me, as a fan of the Game of Thrones universe, this game is a blast. At this point I am about 5 chapters in, and I find myself thinking about the developing storylines of Mors and Alester in my free time, something I couldn't say for the throw away storyline of either dragon age title. The character builds for Alester and Mors are also very interesting and different, with sharp contrasts in battle style between the two of them (at least with the way I'm constructing the characters). Obviously, hack n slash fans will hate the battle system, as this is more of a "battle management" than actual fighting game. Personally, though, I prefer the GOT system to the herky jerky pause screen fighting in Dragon Age. Bottom line: if you're a fan of non-hack n slash RPGs and of the Game of Thrones universe, this title is definitely worth a look. Expand
  4. Jan 14, 2013
    Don't listen to the zero's, they are all players that need the press x for awesome combat. If you liked the combat in Dragon Age: origins you will like the combat in this game. Story is great. If you enjoy the books/show you will enjoy this game. A great rpg.

1. Jul 10, 2012
    Lacking. [Issue#220, p.76]
  2. Jul 9, 2012
    The story is worthy of the name, but unfortunately the rest of the game is nowhere near as good as the series it is based on. This could and should have been much better.
  3. Combat is turn-based stuff that's a hasty facsimilie of Dragon Age: Origins. It's hard to get a kick out of any of these battles when your enemies are clones with all the guile of Hodor the village idiot. Expect no thrill from the grind, either, as the skill trees unlock stat 'boosts' more miniscule than Tyrion. Likewise, rare items are ridiculously so and the purchasable gear is so unattainably priced, not even a Lannister could pay their debts. [July 2012, p83]