4.8

1. NateJ
    Aug 4, 2009
    Got this game for my nephews and have also played it a lot myself. This game is perfect for kids when set on casual difficulty, medium and hard can be difficult even for experienced gamers. Vehicles are difficult to control under the default options, make sure to change the vehicle control options to be based on the screen (so down means down, up goes up, simple to use), not vehicle Got this game for my nephews and have also played it a lot myself. This game is perfect for kids when set on casual difficulty, medium and hard can be difficult even for experienced gamers. Vehicles are difficult to control under the default options, make sure to change the vehicle control options to be based on the screen (so down means down, up goes up, simple to use), not vehicle position (up means forward, right and left turn righ and left). I had fun with this game. Mindless shooting and blowing things up. This game is not deep at all. Sub par to bad visuals and story. But based on what the game is (a mindless arcade shooter), I am giving it an 8. My nephews love it and I have fun with it as well. Way better than I expected based on the trailers. Some of the reviews are too harsh. This is no gears of war, but a solid and simple shooter. Expand
  2. AndrewD
    Aug 5, 2009
    The only thing keeping this game from greatness is its price-tag. It's awesome otherwise. This game will appeal more to fans of the original animated series than the band-wagon variety climbing on-board for the new movie. It's obvious the developers tried to play on the nostalgia factor, and it works.
  3. May 9, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that this is not a great game by anyone's expectations, at all. Fun can be had however, if you are tired to the point of hallucination, or drunk. If you understand the basics of the 80's animated TV series then the plot will not be anything super interesting. The gameplay is actually felt original by comparison to the dozens of second rate Call of Duty clonesLet me start off by saying that this is not a great game by anyone's expectations, at all. Fun can be had however, if you are tired to the point of hallucination, or drunk. If you understand the basics of the 80's animated TV series then the plot will not be anything super interesting. The gameplay is actually felt original by comparison to the dozens of second rate Call of Duty clones out there. It's a modern old school arcade game and your main objective is to rack up as many points and vaporize as many enemies with inhumanly bad voice acting as humanly possible. To describe the gameplay as point and shoot would be an insult because the game locks on to the enemies for you and all you have to do is strafe and hold down that trusty fire button. The vehicle controls can be awkward due to the far away third person angled POV. I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not someone that says the graphics make or break a game but even a 5 year old could tell you this game was rendered with Playstation 2 graphics. The "characters" are truly a substance thinner than paper in personality. Music is surprisingly adequate but nothing memorable. In truth this could have been not necessarily a ground-breaking but fun and easy to pick up and play game if it had better variety, online co-op, and maybe if the camera wasn't getting behind random objects and blocking my view. If only it wasn't a movie licensed game, if only it wasn't. Expand

1. The co-op functionality and the vast array of collectibles are nice additions on the surface, but being unable to play with friends online and not unlocking anything substantial keeps the experience lackluster.
    As a fan of G.I. Joe, I expect a videogame version to make me feel like a Real American Hero. This didn't come close. The gameplay is unexciting and the visuals uninspired.
  3. It’s not without its flaws, but Joe manages to pack in plenty of third-person, fast-paced arcade-flavored fun. Addictive co-op, power-ups galore, and thumb-numbing action make it much more a modern-day Contra than another lame licensed effort.