4.8

1. May 9, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that this is not a great game by anyone's expectations, at all. Fun can be had however, if you are tired to the point of hallucination, or drunk. If you understand the basics of the 80's animated TV series then the plot will not be anything super interesting. The gameplay is actually felt original by comparison to the dozens of second rate Call of Duty clonesLet me start off by saying that this is not a great game by anyone's expectations, at all. Fun can be had however, if you are tired to the point of hallucination, or drunk. If you understand the basics of the 80's animated TV series then the plot will not be anything super interesting. The gameplay is actually felt original by comparison to the dozens of second rate Call of Duty clones out there. It's a modern old school arcade game and your main objective is to rack up as many points and vaporize as many enemies with inhumanly bad voice acting as humanly possible. To describe the gameplay as point and shoot would be an insult because the game locks on to the enemies for you and all you have to do is strafe and hold down that trusty fire button. The vehicle controls can be awkward due to the far away third person angled POV. I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not someone that says the graphics make or break a game but even a 5 year old could tell you this game was rendered with Playstation 2 graphics. The "characters" are truly a substance thinner than paper in personality. Music is surprisingly adequate but nothing memorable. In truth this could have been not necessarily a ground-breaking but fun and easy to pick up and play game if it had better variety, online co-op, and maybe if the camera wasn't getting behind random objects and blocking my view. If only it wasn't a movie licensed game, if only it wasn't. Collapse
  2. May 9, 2011

1. The co-op functionality and the vast array of collectibles are nice additions on the surface, but being unable to play with friends online and not unlocking anything substantial keeps the experience lackluster.
    As a fan of G.I. Joe, I expect a videogame version to make me feel like a Real American Hero. This didn't come close. The gameplay is unexciting and the visuals uninspired.
  3. It’s not without its flaws, but Joe manages to pack in plenty of third-person, fast-paced arcade-flavored fun. Addictive co-op, power-ups galore, and thumb-numbing action make it much more a modern-day Contra than another lame licensed effort.