God of War: Ascension PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 12, 2013
7.5

1. Nov 24, 2013
    Another brilliant game to add to the series,combat remains the same ,if its not broke don't fix it ,the only problem now is where does the epic spartan warrior go from here
  2. Feb 2, 2014
    I was looking forward to this game, because I played God of War III and I really enjoyed it. GoW: Ascension did not disappoint my expectations. Fantastic graphics, breathtaking game scenes. Amazing gameplay. Plus a story. Unforgettable game.
  3. Dec 27, 2015
    Gameplay: 1 (Unplayable)
    Fun: 1 (You can't Have Fun)
    Story: 7 (Story is set during Era 5000BC to 500BC)
    Cast: 7 (Great)
    Score: 1/10

Overrated By All should got less then 7.8s
  4. Feb 10, 2014
    While ascension is a fun game and the main mechanics are still satisfying it lacks the punch that god of war 3 had. The story is weak and lacks consequences of any form. The bossfights and new enemies are less memorable. In a desperate attempt to top the last game in the franchise its more violent than ever and at times some finishing moves feel like a snuff film directed by Zack Snyder.
  5. Aug 20, 2015
    Gameplay:
    Gameplay:
    God of War Ascension keeps the gameplay intact from previous entries, while adding new elements to the formula. Unfortunately, some of these new elements were unnecessary. New additions such as the rage meter and "world weapons" felt tacked on and useless. The rage meter felt as if it was rewarding you with a move that was in previous games (The triangle, triangle, triangle move in which Kratos leaps in the air on the last attack). The "world weapons" felt like an inconvenience to use and some of the weapons did not flow well with the combat of GOW. The most annoying element was the fact that magic attacks aren't unlocked until the element is fully upgraded. That is another instance in which the player is rewarded for something that was once available in previous installments. These new additions felt as if they were introduced simply to make the series seem "fresh," without regard of their worth during gameplay.

Story:
    The plot takes place before Chains of Olympus. Kratos has broken his blood oath to Ares and is tortured by the Furies, who punish those who they deem "traitors." This is weakest plot of all the installments. I've played every single God of War, and after beating God of War 3, the Furies seem like such a weak antagonist. It feels as if there was no heart put into the story. Also note that the beginning of the game is similar to GOW3, where you're attacking a very large enemy while also attacking a "main boss."

Graphics:
    The visuals are easily the most impressive asset this game has to offer. The lighting, character models, and set pieces are better than ever! It looks better than some current 8th generation games! It's amazing to see the graphics Sony Santa Monica can pull off on the PS3 and they should be applauded for their skill.

Verdict:
    As a huge God of War fan, I can only recommend it if you're a hardcore fan of the series. Sony once claimed that they were going to be "careful" with the franchise after GOW3, but this is exactly the opposite of that statement. This is an entry than can easily be skipped, as there is nothing groundbreaking that would entice you to play it. The plot is uninspired and a let down compared to other installments. It seems as if the studio has lost its creativity. It's a good overall game when compared to what the industry has to offer, but it's a subpar God of War game.
  6. Feb 22, 2014
    I love the God of Series! This game is great...however not as good as God of War 3. I wish there was more boss battles in this game. I had doubts about the multiplayer but it turned out amazing! This game is about 8 hours long which is a good length for these kinds of games. The story was alittle weak but still good. The combat was pretty similar to the other games in the series. There isI love the God of Series! This game is great...however not as good as God of War 3. I wish there was more boss battles in this game. I had doubts about the multiplayer but it turned out amazing! This game is about 8 hours long which is a good length for these kinds of games. The story was alittle weak but still good. The combat was pretty similar to the other games in the series. There is a good amount of weapons and magic abilities to choose from. Overall, great job cant wait til God of War on PS4! Expand
  7. Mar 7, 2014
    Before picking up this game, I had never played a GoW game, or even a Ps3. I had always owned an Xbox.

I was floored by the graphics, the depth of the storyline, and the overall likeability of the game. I liked it so much I went and bought GoW 1-3, and I'm looking forward to the games that many are saying are better. Many of the complaints are legit, but I think, as a new fan, it is

Many of the complaints are legit, but I think, as a new fan, it is worth picking up.
  8. Apr 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. این بازی مثه سری قبل فوق العاده بود و من خیلی دوستش داشتم .
    همه چیز در حد فوق العاده بود....
  9. Apr 25, 2014
    Great multiplayer, intense game play, incredible art, amazing bosses.. this is God of war Ascension! perhaps the history is exploited but in other questions Ascension brings you a great moments.
  10. Sep 18, 2014
    God of war 3 than this iteration in my opinion. GOW 3 is grander in scale but this is a jewel too.
    Level design and graphics and fluid combat and some puzzles I love it. I knew what to expect from this game and perceived quality has been delivered. Multiplayer i did not like a lot, but I bought this game just to see some more carnage and blind rage by Kratos destroying everything on his path. I mean, if that guy did not have his revenge i dont know what revenge is and he is still pissed ( maybe to prescribe Reiden's revengeance to Kratos , otherwise this lovely character will go nuts :)))
    Anyhow Kratos rules and I do not mind his rage again and again ,just keep them coming :))
  11. Oct 9, 2014
    I love the game especially in online player mode truly is a great game to play. i find myself setting in front of the tv for 3 or more hours trying to beat other players all over the globe.
  12. Feb 9, 2016
    God Of War Ascension is a great Hack'n'slash game and a worthy follow-up to God Of War 3. Bear in mind,Ascension is set before the original God Of War, so Kratos will not be as brutal as he is in GOW3 or MK9. The combat in Ascension is more or less like the combat in GOW3 and 2. Kratos wields his iconic Blades Of Chaos, which he can swing in all kind of directions, slicing and dicingGod Of War Ascension is a great Hack'n'slash game and a worthy follow-up to God Of War 3. Bear in mind,Ascension is set before the original God Of War, so Kratos will not be as brutal as he is in GOW3 or MK9. The combat in Ascension is more or less like the combat in GOW3 and 2. Kratos wields his iconic Blades Of Chaos, which he can swing in all kind of directions, slicing and dicing enemies. However, unlike in GOW3, Kratos only has his Blades Of Chaos, nothing else. The story is sort of interesting, but fun to play through. The graphics are nice too. There is a Multiplayer mode for Ascension, but it's not that great. There also is a demo for The Last Of Us as well, so that should add to your time with this game. Overall, I would recommend Ascension to God Of War fans, but you probably already bought this game, didn't you? Buy this game for 20$ or 30$, but don't buy it for a full 60$. Expand
  13. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  14. Mar 19, 2016
    Ascension was pretty kool, the story and gameplay felt different to me and the last part in the elevator was disapointing i just stopped playing, if they ever reveal gow4 it should be much better. The online in ascension didnt feel good. I liked the game but just wasnt epic like the original trilogy was

1. Jun 16, 2013
    God of War: Ascension does exactly what you would expect from a God of War title.The sheer amount of violence and tension is simply breathtaking, especially when taking place right on top of a giant creature. The entire experience is accompanied by stunning graphics and an impressive soundtrack. While the multiplayer is somewhat disappointing, it is apparent that Kratos is still this generation's most fearsome warrior.
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    You can point out that Ascension failed to make a real step forward. You can argue that the multiplayer mode is a foreign body, a strained attempt to find innovation in the wrong place. That’s true, but in my eyes the foundation built by the previous God of War games proved to be strong enough to sustain what I hope is just the calm before the storm that Kratos will unleash on PS4. And damn, Ascension looks unbelievable! [CD-Action 05/2013, p.64]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    Ascension shows a warrior who is miles away from being the ultimate and flawless killing machine we all know and love. He is more like an unguided projectile here, trying to cope with all the injustice delivered unto him. [April 2013, p.62]