God of War: Ascension PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 12, 2013
7.6

1. Mar 27, 2013
    Funny how COD is the same copy and paste multiplayer joke with just a slightly different name but always end up getting good scores. But when another game becomes slightly repetitive, everyone flames it and gives it low scores. If you're a true GoW fan, you will enjoy this game very much and ignore these BS reviews. It is very well crafted and although it's not a 10/10, it definitelyFunny how COD is the same copy and paste multiplayer joke with just a slightly different name but always end up getting good scores. But when another game becomes slightly repetitive, everyone flames it and gives it low scores. If you're a true GoW fan, you will enjoy this game very much and ignore these BS reviews. It is very well crafted and although it's not a 10/10, it definitely deserves a score of above 8.5. Expand
  2. Apr 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. god of war Ascension is the coolest game ever seems to be don't have big difference from the god of war 3 and the battle strategy but actually are significant differences game is very sensible and no end is an amazing game no less dynamic battle in the final same time as meaningful Expand
  3. Mar 15, 2013
    Got game on launch day, and I am loving it. The combat is fluid and much more refined than in the previous entries, the elemental magic implementation in the blade attacks, as well as the rage meter and the secondary weapons really freshen up what I felt was a tiresome and repetitive combat system. Platforming is also vastly improved, there is a level in the game at the top of a mountainGot game on launch day, and I am loving it. The combat is fluid and much more refined than in the previous entries, the elemental magic implementation in the blade attacks, as well as the rage meter and the secondary weapons really freshen up what I felt was a tiresome and repetitive combat system. Platforming is also vastly improved, there is a level in the game at the top of a mountain with some of the best platforming sections I have played in a long time. Puzzles are also abundant and imho represent the highlight of the series in this aspect. Boss battles are limited but epic nonetheless. Level design is top notch, the top of the mountain one, is arguably the best I have seen in a GOW game. GOWA is a COMPLETELY different game than GOW3, it is hands down the entry with the most variety, while remaining true to the series roots. The problem with many of the reviews I read is that they read too much like a GOWA- GOW3 comparison, rather than a review of the game itself. Expand
  4. Mar 19, 2013
    Loved it!.
    Best looking game to date.
    Yes it's not going to have all the weapons and epic moments like god of war 3 but its a prequel. People need to understand this. God of war ascension is as brutal as ever and by god it does it well. Multiplayer is also brilliant!. Many reviews say how weak it is but actual people playing it tell a different story. Maybe these reviewers are just
    Loved it!.
    Best looking game to date.
    God of war ascension is as brutal as ever and by god it does it well.

Multiplayer is also brilliant!.
    Many reviews say how weak it is but actual people playing it tell a different story. Maybe these reviewers are just crap at this game?.
    I and from my research on the feedback on gowa multiplayer has all been extremely positive. Fun and addictive is the most used words when it comes to multiplayer, I totally agree. this game gets a full 10 from me.
  5. Mar 16, 2013
    my question is that we all know taht god of war is a very good game but why is there sex in it why just they dont make a good game without sex .this game has destroyed the minds of new generations and children who are engaing in such activities.so this means that god of war have such destroying effect on life
  6. Mar 16, 2013
    for me god of war ascension is the best game of the series and i really don't understand why critics don't love it, it has amazing graphics,awesome and satisfying combat,great puzzles and an interesting story,what more can you ask?
  7. Mar 23, 2013
    The problem whit God of War is that it's always the same game copypasted over and over, and now it's really flame, too much easy and the gameplay doesn't change from the other titles...
  8. Apr 17, 2013
    You know when you're trying to add another game in a video game saga that's amazing as phuck, it's hard to outdo yourself. It's a solid game. The story is nowhere near as interesting but with all that, it's a good game. A game that's worthy to buy when it's 20 bucks.
  9. Apr 11, 2013
    I was against this release as i was tired of GOW i loved all of them but had enuff i platinumed all of them on ps3. So this was a no purchase so a friend bought it and said it was really good so i borrowed it and credit were credit is due its really good. an 8.5 from me. Why i rate it so highly number one Kratos is as brutal as ever this game is the most violent yet (not that i am a sheerI was against this release as i was tired of GOW i loved all of them but had enuff i platinumed all of them on ps3. So this was a no purchase so a friend bought it and said it was really good so i borrowed it and credit were credit is due its really good. an 8.5 from me. Why i rate it so highly number one Kratos is as brutal as ever this game is the most violent yet (not that i am a sheer fan of brutality per SE but when its done right and its kratos then its perfect. The graphics are extremely good i have seen better but definitely nothing to complain about. It looses marks story wise its no where near GOW 3's epic story telling. I must note that enemy design is best in series. I am sorry santa monica i owe u a purchase. You rekindled my love for GOW and if you are ever to release it on ps4 i ll buy!! Expand
  10. Mar 21, 2013
    8.5 out of 10. God of War is my favorite gaming franchise and I expect the best from Sony Santa Monica. Ascension is a gorgeous game that retains the great combat the series is known for and plenty of mythological creatures are present for disemboweling. While the game is not as high on spectacle as III (honestly, how could it be?) the single player campaign is holds its own in comparison8.5 out of 10. God of War is my favorite gaming franchise and I expect the best from Sony Santa Monica. Ascension is a gorgeous game that retains the great combat the series is known for and plenty of mythological creatures are present for disemboweling. While the game is not as high on spectacle as III (honestly, how could it be?) the single player campaign is holds its own in comparison to the previous titles. The story is just as mediocre as earlier games, but its odd pacing in the beginning is a hindrance and hurts the experience. It is also a shorter length, more or less the same as III depending on difficulty and skill level. The multiplayer is a blast and all alignments seem to be pretty balanced, however, the new parry system that works well online serves to hamper single player defense. All in all, it's definitely a worthy title and I look forward to what's in store for the franchise next gen. One can only hope for a new mythology and a new protagonist to tear it down. Expand
  11. Mar 24, 2013
    This game is absolutely great! The graphics are unbelievably pretty, the gameplay is smoother and better than ever, the sound is beautiful and the story is great. The new multiplayer component is absolutely brilliant! I haven't had so much fun multiplayer/co-op is years! This is a great game for any fans of the series or genre. God of War: Ascension is a must buy!
  12. Jan 1, 2014
    As someone who was unimpressed with GOW 3, but was blown away by all the other GOW games, I was a little worried that this game would disappoint me in the same way the third GOW did. Thankfully "Ascension" lives up to the high standards I hold this series to. Everything about it makes for another high-quality action game that puts most of it's competition to shame.

Ascension is another

Ascension is another title that really shows off what the PS3 can do graphically. Everything looks super realistic and has a high attention to detail. These improved graphics make the gorier kills in this game even more delightfully disgusting and graphic, and there are some truly spectacular sights to behold in this game. The soundtrack is, as always, fantastic. I do feel that the story could have used a little more work, because it can get a little disorientating to jump back and forth through time. It all comes together in the end, but this is one of my least favorite GOW plots.

As far as gameplay goes everything is in tip-top shape. The amazing spectacle, brutal kills, and tight combat system make this an experience that you'll find hard to put down. Whether you're tackling an outrageously huge boss or just average enemy fodder, it's hard not to have a blast while doing so. This is the tightest the combat system has ever been. In a first for the series there's even multiplayer this time around. It's really fun and incredibly satisfying to kill an opponent, but I don't feel like it has the most staying power, at least not for me. Still, it's a nice addition and the only real complaint I have with it is related to the fact that if you buy it used or rent it you have to shell out $10 for the online pass. Seriously guys even EA learned that this isn't cool, why can't you?

Ascension manages to provide a new GOW experience while simultaneously managing to keep up to the series high expectations. In both the single player and multiplayer experiences there is an unbelievable, yet expected, high level of quality. It's not the best GOW but it is still a fantastic experience that any fan of the series should play.
  13. Mar 16, 2013
    As an avid God of War fan I per-ordered this months ago. This was a day one purchase for me and I am very happy that I picked it up. This game is about the same length as all of the other God of War games(about 5-10 hours, can be longer if you are on Titan) and has a very solid combat system. There are some new improvements in the game play and it makes everything more streamlined andAs an avid God of War fan I per-ordered this months ago. This was a day one purchase for me and I am very happy that I picked it up. This game is about the same length as all of the other God of War games(about 5-10 hours, can be longer if you are on Titan) and has a very solid combat system. There are some new improvements in the game play and it makes everything more streamlined and feels more intuitive. The story is not as good as God of War III, but it is an amazing story nonetheless. The difficulty does ramp up from time to time and it does get very difficult at times, but that is what God of War is built upon. The multi player is a fun addition that is very well done. It is something that is very unique and has a lot of opportunity for continued play in the future, there is no doubt that I will continue to play the multi player over the upcoming months. Overall I give this game a 9/10 it would get a 10, however with it following up on God of War III, it would be pretty difficult to get a 10 when compared to that. Expand
  14. Mar 31, 2013
    Still a good God of War entry, but I felt that Ascension will never be Game of the Year. The commercial was alright, not that much with no gameplay on it. The reason why I'm almost disappointed at the game is that I'd wished it was God of War IV, but the prequel is sorta like a storytelling reboot of the original God of War where Kratos starts to raise hell and kick the living crap out ofStill a good God of War entry, but I felt that Ascension will never be Game of the Year. The commercial was alright, not that much with no gameplay on it. The reason why I'm almost disappointed at the game is that I'd wished it was God of War IV, but the prequel is sorta like a storytelling reboot of the original God of War where Kratos starts to raise hell and kick the living crap out of Zeus. But the rest of the story just not gonna cut it in Ascension. God of War fans doesn't need multiplayer. If it weren't for the game itself, they should've announced it for the Playstation 4 this holiday season. I like it in single--player campaigns because I've already beaten Chains of Olympus and Ghosts of Sparta. I'm almost beat God of War III with a whole stack of trophies that I've collected (I'm now on the Hard difficulty, as usual). I wonder if the new God of War still has some new sex scenes. I would love to see them in action (hot damn, I love naked lesbians). I'd say Ascension is a bit average, not the best in the series. But it's a good game and I think I'll rent it on Redbox. Expand
  15. Mar 21, 2013
    The game innovated in all aspects, has great graphics, great soundtrack, a fantastic story, which makes you hold every second, has an amazing replay factor, a multiplayer to be played for about 5 years straight, a game that deserves the crown of best game of all time!
  16. Apr 7, 2013
    When judged as a game on it's own, i'd give this game a 9, but since this comes after more than 3 other GOW games it really falls short.

The graphics and environments are magnificent as always, perhaps better than any other GOW game, and fortunately there is little backtracking. The Story line jumps around quite a bit, with little explanation for the first few hours. Once it is

The Story line jumps around quite a bit, with little explanation for the first few hours. Once it is explained it all falls into place and gives the game more meaning and enjoyment.

If you are a GOW veteran, you will immediately notice that this game feels different. Firstly I noticed how quiet the game is, with hardly any background music in combat except for boss battles. Combat is very 'samey' as opposed to other GOW games, as your only weapons are the blades of chaos which do get elemental upgrades, but these hardly change combat. The rage system is fatally flawed, with you slowly gaining rage during combat, but if you get hit once or twice it resets almost to zero which makes fights painfully long, as does the fact that most enemies seem to have an extremely massive amount of health.

The upgrades are not at all exciting, with each element adding almost the same combos to your blades, just with a different color. The elements don't do much at all, except when your rage bar is full, or when you use magic, in which the spell is determined by the element currently equipped.

There are quite a few extremely annoying sections wherein Kratos is in the back of the scene, so small you can hardly see but still in battle, and quick-time sections that are extremely unforgiving which takes much trial and error to see the tiny quick-time indicators that flicker away in less than a second. For example all of the sliding sections could be removed completely as these were extremely frustrating.

Most of the puzzles are well executed, with only a few moments of confusion which actually made the puzzles more enjoyable. There was only one puzzle that made little sense and after half an hour of trial and error I resulted in looking up an online guide.

Enemy variety was a bit lacking, with enemy types seeming to be random in most locations. Most other GOW games, the enemies fit the area, but here in many places it seemed like any enemy would be randomly thrown into battle. Many battles were painfully long, with wave after wave of enemies joining the fight before the previous wave had been defeated.

After finishing the single player, and playing the multi-player tutorial, it became clear why the combat in single player is so limited (and boring). Multi-player includes various weapons that are sadly lacking from single player, which add much needed variety and complexity to combat.

If the multiplayer weapons were added to the single-player campaign, more music was added throughout, and less godlike enemies with more more enemy variety, this game would be 10/10.
  17. Apr 30, 2013
    The God of War series has always had epic gameplay and stunning graphics. Plus if you like the testosterone driven badass type of hero... well, Kratos is the king Kobra Kai.

While the story is not as strong as in the other console GOW games, the combat has really added a bunch of new dimensions. I really had a blast with all the new moves and strategies... and without a doubt I became a more badass GOW player then ever before. I'm lassoing enemies, freezing them, throwing them, and then ripping their heads off. It just feels so satisfying when you get Kratos in the zone, he's just so epic and the graphics look stunning at full-fight intensity.

Oh and every single boss battle is unique and gnarly fun.
  18. May 26, 2013
    GOW Ascension is a return too form for the god of war series feeling and playing great. ascension feels like a step in the right direction to continue to take the series forward. While the previous game Gow 3 was good overall it felt like a movie in places a mistake a lot of games have made this generation. But while Ascension still has QTEs in boss battles these are so well done it justGOW Ascension is a return too form for the god of war series feeling and playing great. ascension feels like a step in the right direction to continue to take the series forward. While the previous game Gow 3 was good overall it felt like a movie in places a mistake a lot of games have made this generation. But while Ascension still has QTEs in boss battles these are so well done it just feels a smooth part of the combat mechanics. The combat overall is solid although i preferred the old variation of blades spears and golden rams fists. these have been replaced by elemental blades each adding its own moves and specials some work best on different enemies. The story is good and not weak like some reviewers said. its one hell of a ride and can be very challenging even on normal which is what fans of the series expect a true challenge collectables for use in game+ and ultra hard Titan mode can be found within the levels. All this before the truely very good multi-player which sony santa monica seemed to have nailed even from beta its always fun constantly being rebalanced and issues are quickly fixed. update ver 1.07 is now live that takes the level cap from 30 to 40 adds two new maps some ultimate power finishers and a few new dlc weapons. There is one on one battles team battles capture the flag and a collect favor mode which is my overall favorite. Congrats Sony Santa Monica on a great addition to the series a labor of love for the team who work hard in maintaining a quality multiplayer. 8.5 for those yet to try god of war Ascension is a great starting point. Expand
  19. Mar 17, 2013
    If this is your first God of War game, don't buy it. The story assumes that you know about Kratos' back story so newcomers to the series may find it hard to understand the story. The story in itself is simple but awesome: you've broken the oath with Ares and the Furies are now coming for you. You get to see the human side of Kratos which is something new and interesting. He still hasn'tIf this is your first God of War game, don't buy it. The story assumes that you know about Kratos' back story so newcomers to the series may find it hard to understand the story. The story in itself is simple but awesome: you've broken the oath with Ares and the Furies are now coming for you. You get to see the human side of Kratos which is something new and interesting. He still hasn't quite recovered from the loss of his family and you can see and feel it. I don't know about you but I like it.
    The combat is the same old thing that we all know and love but with a few tweaks. A major change is that your only weapons are the Blades of Chaos. In the previous titles, you could just play through the game only upgrading and using the Blades and just forgetting the other weapons. The devs have noticed this and removed all the other weapons. In their place you get elemental powers. Your Blades will either do Fire, Ice, Lightning or Soul damage. Fire does extra damage, Ice freezes enemies, Lightning attacks are quick and Soul attacks summon souls. Each element also yields different kinds of orbs. It is a clever way of keeping the familiar attacks and combos of the Blades and still adding new unique melee and magic attacks. Also, they've changed the way the Rage meter works. If you chain attacks without getting your streak stopped by an enemy, you will activate Rage mode where you do more damage and access new abilities and combos. It's not much but it's enough to make the combat feel that much different and unique.
    The one thing I dislike is that the levels feel stretched and the fact that you make little progress in the plot over the course of the game. Towards the end of the game it doesn't feel as stretched but in the beginning I was starting to get bored because there was almost no story at all. The campaign mode basically only has three or four different environments and that's it. The single player campaign is shorter than in the previous games but every minute of it is still worth it.
    There's a lot of puzzles and platforming in Ascension. You will find yourself climbing and jumping almost as much as you're killing enemies. I found myself actually thinking about the puzzles which is something new and good. The platforming may seem a bit awkward at times but when you finally come down to it, it's good.
    Another bad thing is that there aren't many boss fights. Basically there's just the opening boss, final boss, two other small boss fight and then the mini-bosses. Story-wise it's understandable that Kratos can't just go around and kill gods and huge monsters yet. Instead, you fight hordes of regular foes. It may not sound very exciting but it's not that bad really.
    Finally I'll talk about the multiplayer. It was unneccessary. God of War in its essence is a single player game. You didn't need multiplayer. The developers have clearly said that this is the main reason they made Ascension and it's 100% unneccessary. It's the reason why the single player mode is so short and not as amazing as in previous titles. Now that I've said that, I'll say that the multiplayer is good. Not amazing, not horrible, not mediocre; good. There's not much to tell about it, it's basically GoW with other players against each other in different game modes. Simple as that.
    I'm not going to say much about the graphics and the sounds because they don't matter as much as gameplay. They're both amazing, especially the visuals. They're a huge leap from God of War III.
  20. Aug 14, 2013
    After playing all the other God Of Wars (except the portable versions) this game was horrible.
    It felt like a cash in of Call Of Duty where nothing changes. Granted not a lot of the God Of Wars change much but the story was so boring. Countless times playingthe game i started dozzing off in my chair and had to turn off the game. The eemies took 30sec to 1 min. each to kill on normal difficulty and there was nothing engaging about the story or character to continue through like the other games. I got 5 hours in and took the game back to gamestop. I felt so horrible doing this but i felt like i was forcing myself to complete this game instead of enjoying the experience. This is the worst God Of War in my opinion.
    Nice graphics boring gamplay horrid story
  21. Apr 21, 2013
    It's a fun game but the storyline is so weak. I wish they had done a different ending to GOW 3 if they really felt like making another game. That way we wouldn't get numerous prequels that keep having less and less story in them. Its still worth playing, but is story-wise, is not even close to the level of Gow 2 and 3 (or even the first one).
  22. Mar 21, 2013
    God of War: Ascension is redefines and improves upon krato's already Blockbuster series.. The combat alone in this game will leave you coming back to grab the controller and feel, like a warrior and spartan several times over. The Multiplayer seems polish with no latency at least non that i have noticed. Sony Santa Monica studios has done it again hats off to the combat designer and theGod of War: Ascension is redefines and improves upon krato's already Blockbuster series.. The combat alone in this game will leave you coming back to grab the controller and feel, like a warrior and spartan several times over. The Multiplayer seems polish with no latency at least non that i have noticed. Sony Santa Monica studios has done it again hats off to the combat designer and the whole God of War team. Thanks Sony. Expand
  23. May 4, 2013
    Interesting game. I'll say for people that has played gow before this is an 8, but is easily a 9 for GOW virgins. I liked how just when you thought you've seen everything a video game has to offer, there are parts of this game that makes you go "wow". Obviously this game isnt as epic as the last gow, but it's still enjoyable. The downside is that near the end of the game you realize theInteresting game. I'll say for people that has played gow before this is an 8, but is easily a 9 for GOW virgins. I liked how just when you thought you've seen everything a video game has to offer, there are parts of this game that makes you go "wow". Obviously this game isnt as epic as the last gow, but it's still enjoyable. The downside is that near the end of the game you realize the enemies get repititive and is more annoying than a challenge to fight. But overall I think this is a good game and an 85 to be more specific. GOW fans might want to wait for the price to drop if considering this game, I will say. Expand
  24. Jun 2, 2013
    Ascension, predictably, doesn't keep up with the grandeur of GOW 3. The story is bland and largely unnecessary for the series. As for the gameplay, the combat is nicely tuned, but the mix of the enemies you fight is often more irritating than challenging. Singleplayer campaign lacks the drive of its predecessor the bigger part of the game consists of beautifully made, but largelyAscension, predictably, doesn't keep up with the grandeur of GOW 3. The story is bland and largely unnecessary for the series. As for the gameplay, the combat is nicely tuned, but the mix of the enemies you fight is often more irritating than challenging. Singleplayer campaign lacks the drive of its predecessor the bigger part of the game consists of beautifully made, but largely unremarkable locations requiring you to solve some kind of a puzzle. Multiplayer is a new addition to the series, and it fits surprisingly well, offering a unique brawler experience that will probably take up some of your evenings. To sum up, the singleplayer campaign itself is the same old formula we've seen 5 times already. It alone is hardly worth a 7, but the neat multiplayer mode gets it up to 8 in my opinion. If Sony aims to continue the franchise on PS4, it's going to need a reboot a different mythology, maybe? Expand
  25. Mar 26, 2013
    This was a rather enjoyable addition to the series. The battle is a little bit more evolved, the graphics are a little bit better, the QTE finishes are a little bit more involved, and there are plenty of new characters and elements to go along with what is generally the same story.

The game has the feel of some of the earlier games in the series in some senses, but with the look and gameplay of the most recent games (really this and GoW3). The pacing was a bit slower than God of War 3, but it was still a fun pace full of good and creative environments.

As a whole I had a fun time playing this. It's not the best in the series, but it's still a good game.
  26. Mar 18, 2013
    Eh, an alright entry into the series. The single player is actually pretty fun, but then again, you cant go wrong with god of war atleast on the single player front. It's more of the same gameplay, so if you were looking for something different, dont bother with this game. The only problem lies with the multiplayer. The problem is that the multiplayer isnt fun after a few hours of playingEh, an alright entry into the series. The single player is actually pretty fun, but then again, you cant go wrong with god of war atleast on the single player front. It's more of the same gameplay, so if you were looking for something different, dont bother with this game. The only problem lies with the multiplayer. The problem is that the multiplayer isnt fun after a few hours of playing it, all it is is mashing buttons against other people, and whoever mashes buttons the fastest wins. True, you do have to use SOME strategy, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to play this game, that's not to say the multiplayer is bad, what does say it's bad is that it's BORING. Expand
  27. Mar 20, 2013
    God of War: Ascension takes a well established formula and continues it to the highest pedigree of its predecessors. There is no doubt the game feels familiar and if you were never a GOW fan this game will not when you over, however if you do enjoy the GOW series this game is MUST OWN. The graphics and production values are once again best in class and some of the best boss fights inGod of War: Ascension takes a well established formula and continues it to the highest pedigree of its predecessors. There is no doubt the game feels familiar and if you were never a GOW fan this game will not when you over, however if you do enjoy the GOW series this game is MUST OWN. The graphics and production values are once again best in class and some of the best boss fights in the business are back yet again. It also features a new online multiplayer mode that feels very familiar with a classic Dreamcast game known as" Power Stone". The MP mode can get a little chaotic at times but once you pick it up there is much fun to be had and it is a unique multiplayer experience that has not been seen in a while. So for fans of GOW or great action adventure games in general, I recommend this game. Expand
  28. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well for me the game is just super amazing. I totally don't understand people saying that this game isn't as epic as GoW3. Damn, Ascension just cannot be as epic as 3rd part of kratos journey because it's a prologue. Personally I think the game is just crazy good. It got everything in it. The story is good and matches to one smooth piece. There is less action in some moments and more platform jumping,climbing etc etc which I think is actually really good becouse I always like the enviromental aspects of the game. All the swings,jumps,climbs are even more fun that before. Puzzles,well they never been hard in any part of GoW and its no different now. I hate people that says there are no reall EPIC boss fights in Ascension. Sure we aint got bosses on such a enourmusly huge scale like it was in other GoW parts bit personally I think that bosses we face in Ascension are ripping your ass right under your neck. Serously. Fighting with Infected 100-hand man or the sisters themselfs and the final battle with the Queen,all that gives absolutley huge fun and satisfaction. About combat, some moroons said that combat is bad,complicated etc etc that parrying doesnt make any sense yada yada. People who says so just can't play the game and are just weak in it. Me as old veteran of the series had no problems to get use to twixed combat system. You can change the blade of chaos with 4 diffrent attunements right when you are doing combos. Some1 said that you cant make any combos as you are bounded to the Rage meter. That a piece of crap. you just can't play like a puss and smach all buttons and launch heaviest combo.You must mix attacks with succesfull parries ,dodges and R1 grabs and then you press R3+L3 and in meantime you change attunement and lounch special magic attack. However for people that are just bad at GoW games they will moan about screwd combat system which for me is just freshed,intuicional and feel like good old Kratos in action with few upgrades and possibilities to make the combat more spectacular. I finished the game on titan mode which was a nice and hard challange in some moments. After that I was complitely sucked in by multiplayer where I unleash my bloodthirst upon reall players All in all its a MUST HAVE for all GoW fans and those that are starting their adventure with Kratos will get the chance to know how it all started,know Kratos more from the human side etc etc Just brilliant game Expand
  29. Mar 17, 2013
    So, this game is hard for me to review. I mean, it is a great game, worthy of a great score, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it's one I will play through more than once. It feels like something is missing even though, the combat is smooth like you would expect, the visuals are amazing, the puzzles actually had me puzzled, a few times. Kratos just doesn't seem himself. They try andSo, this game is hard for me to review. I mean, it is a great game, worthy of a great score, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it's one I will play through more than once. It feels like something is missing even though, the combat is smooth like you would expect, the visuals are amazing, the puzzles actually had me puzzled, a few times. Kratos just doesn't seem himself. They try and give him some humanity and at this point your not sure if he should be the most angry he has ever been or if it's more justified later in your conflict with the gods of Olympus. The multilayer is like putting Kratos against Kratos and it is fun in game play and customization. I am not sure how long it will be played before you move on. All in all a great game like I said just feels different not as connected to Kratos. Expand
  30. Mar 17, 2013
    Good points:
    -Great combat options
    -Amazing graphics -Best boss fights ever -Epic intro and ending -Great grabbing options -Medium-high enemies difficulty -Great multiplayer -Interaction with scenery weapons -Best soundtrack ever Bad points: -No secondary weapons (seriously!? where the hell are our secondary weapons!?) -Weakest story of the saga -Repetitive -"Why am I doing
    Good points:
    -Great multiplayer
    -Interaction with scenery weapons
    -Best soundtrack ever

Bad points:
    -No secondary weapons (seriously!? where the hell are our secondary weapons!?)
    -Weakest story of the saga
    -Repetitive
    -"Why am I doing this?" moments
    -No challenge puzzles
    -No sex time
    -Many DLCs coming

1. Jun 16, 2013
    God of War: Ascension does exactly what you would expect from a God of War title.The sheer amount of violence and tension is simply breathtaking, especially when taking place right on top of a giant creature. The entire experience is accompanied by stunning graphics and an impressive soundtrack. While the multiplayer is somewhat disappointing, it is apparent that Kratos is still this generation's most fearsome warrior.
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    You can point out that Ascension failed to make a real step forward. You can argue that the multiplayer mode is a foreign body, a strained attempt to find innovation in the wrong place. That’s true, but in my eyes the foundation built by the previous God of War games proved to be strong enough to sustain what I hope is just the calm before the storm that Kratos will unleash on PS4. And damn, Ascension looks unbelievable! [CD-Action 05/2013, p.64]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    Ascension shows a warrior who is miles away from being the ultimate and flawless killing machine we all know and love. He is more like an unguided projectile here, trying to cope with all the injustice delivered unto him. [April 2013, p.62]