God of War Collection PlayStation 3

8.7

1. Sep 9, 2010
    First off let me say they did a wonderful job on this collection. There is alot to love on this title. The main characters are cool, the action is brutal and the story is interesting. If this is your type of game then it's definitely worth your buck. However there comes my problem, i am not a fan. It's beautifully polished, full action but utterly boring button masher. I enjoy the mashingFirst off let me say they did a wonderful job on this collection. There is alot to love on this title. The main characters are cool, the action is brutal and the story is interesting. If this is your type of game then it's definitely worth your buck. However there comes my problem, i am not a fan. It's beautifully polished, full action but utterly boring button masher. I enjoy the mashing but not for long, there is just too little variation to this title no matter how good it looks. Once you figure out what attack works best the real challenge is to keep out of the way and repeat the same action. There are some puzzles but everyone who is not utterly retarded can solve those. For me who grew up on the not so great graphics era but often creative gameplay this is too much of a repetition to overlook the flaws and give this an A+. Collapse
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    Excuse me for using caps, but QUICKTIME EVENT HATERS BEWARE!!! In GoW you do almost everything by using quicktime events. And I'm not talking about just any kind of quicktime events, over half of them are "smash O like crazy or you will fail" quicktime events.
  3. IvanF
    Dec 1, 2009
    im trying to understand how santa monica studio let bluepoint games turn his masterpiece in a total piece of crap.First of all,im a huge gow fan but this games sucks in everyway,has a lot of bugs and gliches (some dont let you past for the next level so you have to kill yourseft..),sound its awful,the trophies dont add more challenge (you can get 80% of them just beating the game in im trying to understand how santa monica studio let bluepoint games turn his masterpiece in a total piece of crap.First of all,im a huge gow fan but this games sucks in everyway,has a lot of bugs and gliches (some dont let you past for the next level so you have to kill yourseft..),sound its awful,the trophies dont add more challenge (you can get 80% of them just beating the game in easy)....and finally not every game have the GOW III demo in it (mine dont have it). If you never have played gow games before, i suggest play the originals for ps2. Expand
  4. Mar 3, 2011
    i'm not a very vengeful person my name is DREW EZ BREEZEE ... i did buy ps2 but not god of war... ok recently i found it on sell.. god of war collection .... i said i will try it... its a port of ps2 so i understand the cg cutscenes are crap... but the puzzles and stupidity killed my buzz... f... kratos bad game... let me hack in slash dante inferno better... F... kratos
  5. Apr 4, 2011
    i liked this game and the story and monsters matches up with real mythology but it is just so hard to beat and it will turn some people right off. i havnt played these games on the PS2 but i can see i have missed out so i am happy they came to the PS3 but at some points it is just so hard to play ive found myself putting it down for a bit then going back to it after i have watched ai liked this game and the story and monsters matches up with real mythology but it is just so hard to beat and it will turn some people right off. i havnt played these games on the PS2 but i can see i have missed out so i am happy they came to the PS3 but at some points it is just so hard to play ive found myself putting it down for a bit then going back to it after i have watched a walkthrough on youtube. be warned there is nothing telling you where to go in this game so you will be scratching your head trying to figure out what do do at certain points but this game is a must have especially since the series continues in GoW3 Expand
  6. Apr 17, 2012
    This is a total cash in. Keep your ps2 version and play those. Do not buy into this scam Sony has created. This is the same game from 7 years ago. If you keep buying then they will keep scamming.
  7. Jan 8, 2014
    BE WARNED: IF YOU LIKE BATMAN GAMES THERE IS A CHANCE YOU WILL NOW LIKE THESE SERIES.

I wanted to like this game so bad, but it's not my cup of tea I guess. Especially taking in consideration how visually stunning God of War III is. Freaking beautiful game, so many hours was spent, it's the gameplay that just rubs my gaming boner in the wrong way. if you buy this game used you will

if you buy this game used you will only get 3 games. God of War, God of War II and God of War III.

I've always had an xbox, so I've missed out on original god of war, but I remember reading reviews praising these games. I bough devil may cry on 360 and got really bored of it in few hours, This game reminds of me Devil May Cry.

I've played both Batman games (Asylum and Arkham City) and I loved them. They both deserve score of 10 in my book. And honestly I don't even like Batman as a super hero that much.
    I've decided since I like Batman games I will enjoy this one as well. I was wrong.
    I'm going to compare this game to Batman, Batman. Cause I'm Batman!

GRAPHICS:
    Really Good! Awesome Intro.

SOUND:
    Outstanding!

KRATOS:
    He is cool. I like the guy. I don't know why people have beef with him.

BOSS BATTLES:
    IF YOU LIKE BOSS BATTLES BUY THIS COLLECTION!!!
    These games are one Boss battle after another. I HATE BOSS BATTLES. WHY? because they are boring.
    Here is an example of typical boss battle: Monster/god dude/wretched creature is slamming its fist to the right side of the platform, OMG what am I going to do? Step to the left out of his way. Now it is doing a sweep with his tail/hand/tentacle so I'm going to jump. Now this monster is being vulnerable, how convenient, I'm going to attack it few times, but not too many because it is going to strikeme back. Rinse and Repeat few times, go to the dude and press 'O: on the controller. Play sequence mini game. Do the whole thing again few times.
    Boss battles are all about figuring out a pattern. Patterns are boring to me. What is this Dance Dance Revolution?
    I've only played on normal difficulty, but I bet Boss Battles are less forgiving on higher difficulties.
    Honestly I don't think I've enjoyed boss battles in batman quite frankly, but they were super easy.

ENEMIES:
    Beating up just regular fellas was so much fun in Batman. it is also a lot of fun in Assassins Creed series(even thought it looks silly when they attack you one at a time lol). But in this game regular small fellas can be defeated just pressing square button. It work every time I tried this technique on different difficulty settings, they have same AI on Titan mode as in God(Normal) just do more damage.. You can just defeat them all with spinning attack.

WALKING ON PLANKS:
    I hate it. After playing Assassins Creed it was so annoying watching him fall. Especially when camera is tilted 45 so I can't just press forward to make him walk straight. Dear Mr Kratos "the God killer" please learn from Ezio and stop being such a noob and walk straight on the stupid plank. Please.

Pushing same button over and over to open the door? Are you out of your mind?

I couldn't even finish third game.
  8. Jan 21, 2012
    What an excellent remastered rendition of the series. These are perhaps unforgiving games without remorse, but certainly ones that leave you with a sense of accomplishment once you do get past the challenges they come with - due to the fact that it progresses in such a way that you get better by each attempt. With wonderful art design, hard-hitting music, and more over-the-top buttonWhat an excellent remastered rendition of the series. These are perhaps unforgiving games without remorse, but certainly ones that leave you with a sense of accomplishment once you do get past the challenges they come with - due to the fact that it progresses in such a way that you get better by each attempt. With wonderful art design, hard-hitting music, and more over-the-top button mashing than most games, God of War is one of those series where you truly feel glad it's over when the credits finally scroll down your screen - yet it also somehow manages to leave you wanting more. On the downside, the puzzles were a bit too difficult at times due to poor judgement on camera angles and lack of emphasis on highlighting important items. The weapon load out and upgrade system could use some more refinement as well, and I often found myself not using any of the secondary weapons I picked up because that would mean I would have to upgrade and rely on them throughout - and the whole upgrade system could be more lucid. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind an optional Auto-Save feature and fully re-rendered cutscenes throughout, seeing as this is a 2009 release. I also didn't particularly enjoy having to see a scene over and over again because I didn't hit and time five analog stick quicktime events in a row on the first installment - if you miss one, don't expect an alternate clip that is not your immediate death. Last note, the game shouldn't ask me every time if I want to Retry from Checkpoint, considering I've never once quit a game that way, and I doubt anyone else have either, it seems like removing it altogether would be the more obvious solution. Expand
  9. May 12, 2016
    Ok this time i'm going to do something a little different. Usually a review singular games, but this time i want to do my first review of a collection. Normally i examine Story, Presentation and Gameplay, but because that would not be possible because reviewing 2 games in 1 single review with metacritic's bull**** 5000 character limit would just be insane!. What i'm going to do instead isOk this time i'm going to do something a little different. Usually a review singular games, but this time i want to do my first review of a collection. Normally i examine Story, Presentation and Gameplay, but because that would not be possible because reviewing 2 games in 1 single review with metacritic's bull**** 5000 character limit would just be insane!. What i'm going to do instead is analise what does the collection adds to the games, what games does it have inside, as well as what does it improve over the originals (if you want to know my full opinion of both games, you can check out my reviews of them). With that said let's begin:

GAMES: God of War & God of War II. 2 of the greatest hack and slash of the PS2 and some of the best one's i've ever played, they have some problems, but they are very freaking enjoyable (again, see my full reviews if you want an understanding of my opinion).

ADDITIONS: The additions that this collections brings to the God of War games are basically giving trophy achievements, which i don't care about and some videos about the creation of both God of War games and that's pretty much it.

IMPROVEMENTS: The improvements are very notable side by side. The resolution and framerate have improved immensely, now you can see the models very clearly and the HD treatment is very appreciated, but that's about it.

Anyway, that's pretty much all i can say about it, the 2 games inside it are great, but the extra stuff is lackluster and remastering them in HD is nice, but a collection should add more to the experience aside from just some useless trophies. So as a collection i don't feel like it's all that great.

I'll give it a 6/10.
  10. Sep 9, 2010

At $40 for two of the best action games ever made, and the perfect precursors to next March's God of War III, this is a collection that you shouldn't pass up.
    It's not a comprehensive museum-style release with tons of improvements, new bonus features, Chains of Olympus, Betrayal, etc., but instead a great rerelease of two of the best games of all time in high definition. Here's hoping Sony continues the trend with another critical darling pair of games soon.
  3. If you are looking for a great package deal in terms of length, great price and quality, there’s no way you should pass on this one. Now, if you never, EVER, heard or played any game from this mythic franchise, then you must add this compilation to your game collection.