8.8

1. Nov 12, 2010
    BE WARNED, if your new to the series. YOU WILL GET PISSED OFF ON THE PUZZLES AND CHALLENGES, EVEN IN NORMAL MODE! But after I look back I remember all the times I dropped the F-Bomb on the game, and know I think the series is awesome. Awesome hack and slash game play, good stories. And got me interested in reading Greek Mythology. Recommended Buy!^_^
  2. Sep 20, 2012
    (Translate from Portuguese into English)Os dois melhores jogos do PS2 no PS3 em HD,os gráficos nem ligo pra isso,já que não se trata de um remake,mas a experiência é a mesma,para viciados em GoW como eu os troféus foram fáceis,mas o que importa é a qualidade,poder jogar novamente esses dois jogos de ponta é muito gratificante.
  3. Jan 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The collection is a great deal. You get 2 games in one thats first. The first God of War was a masterpiece on PS2.The Legendary battle with Hydra and more is just classic. Now we got a chance to play it on PS3.Sure some say that the game is old and uses oldfashioned mechanics but its still the true and old God of War. Just bumped to HD.The graphic might hurt your eyes sometimes but it aint tragic. You play this game not for graphic but for the feeling and classic fights from God of War. The God of War II is even better. All the fights with Collosus,Medusa,Sisters of Fate ,Perseus and more are just crazy and feel the same as on PS2. Generally if you didnt play GoW on PS2 its a must have possition. If you did play it on PS2 you should buy it if your original PS2 GoW doesnt work on PS3(90% disc dont work )
    Me personally as a huge fan of GoW series with T-shirt,figure,posters etc its just brilliant that Sony bumped a bit their old 2 games into PS3 so I can again feel the anger,rage and power of Kratos.
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    In my opinion this can be one of the best collections ever, it has two of the best PS2 games; as an script writter I can tell you that the story is really good, I love it! the gaming its so easy, this is not a challenging game, its a game for enjoy! if you dont have it BUY IT! NOW! Kratos rules!!!!!!
  5. Mar 29, 2012
    I've always wanted to play God of War series, but never had the chance. Until now, that my friend has lended me his. It was awesome! The story and the gory gameplay expands the thrill and fun. Replayability is supported by new armor, or New Game+ in GoW II. After playing these two, am really looking forward to GoW III now. Still, AWESOME!!!
  6. Feb 3, 2013
    This collection is certainly good. With HD graphics and 60 fps speeds this is definitely the best way to experience god of war 1 and 2. The down point of the trilogy is the trophy support, most of them can be obtained through one play through. A buy for GOW beginners and veterans. Everything is good but he first god of war story is a little lacking but that about all I have to say aboutThis collection is certainly good. With HD graphics and 60 fps speeds this is definitely the best way to experience god of war 1 and 2. The down point of the trilogy is the trophy support, most of them can be obtained through one play through. A buy for GOW beginners and veterans. Everything is good but he first god of war story is a little lacking but that about all I have to say about this awesome collection Expand
  7. Mar 21, 2013
    Epic! Buy it, no question actually it's a good enough reason to get a PS3 so you can play this and the sequel. One of my favorite games of all time, graphics, gameplay, story it's all good!
  8. Sep 27, 2013
    Two of the most iconic PS2 games combined into one collection. Remastered in high definition with full trophie support how can it get better than that.
  9. Jan 30, 2013
    God of War Collection for the PS3 is God of War 1 and 2 in HD and with trophy support. The games are so rich in atmosphere and have such amazing varied gameplay that they
  10. Oct 2, 2010
    Amazing deal in this bundle. I never got the chance to play either of these games so it was a real treat for me, this up scaling to HD helps deal with the outdated graphics. Both games still shine to this day in both story and gameplay.
  11. Oct 9, 2010
    This is two of the best games ever on one disc, awesome story, awesome action and gameplay, and for those who say this game is just a button smasher and takes no skill thats absolutely rubbish, go play this game on hard or hardest level then lets talk again. My favourite of all time
  12. Oct 12, 2010
    A visit back to two of the greatest games of the PS2 era, with upscaled graphics and trophies; what's not to like? The only real reason one has not to try these games, given that they missed them the first time around, is if they have already played and disliked them.
  13. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = A great compilation of 2 of the greatest games of all time. HD graphics look great as well!
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    It took me a few years but I have finally played the first two GoW games. Despite the horrible graphics, the gameplay is really good, and the plot is pretty good too. I like where the series is going and I'm looking forward to GoW3 and Ascension.
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    You get both god of war 1 and god of war 2 here and beleave me it is worth every penny. I like puzzle games and I have always like a good beatem up and this is probably one on the best at giving you both of those elements in a game at the same time. The visuals are great both games but don't think you will be getting gow 3 graphics here remember these are ps2 ports. The controlls work wellYou get both god of war 1 and god of war 2 here and beleave me it is worth every penny. I like puzzle games and I have always like a good beatem up and this is probably one on the best at giving you both of those elements in a game at the same time. The visuals are great both games but don't think you will be getting gow 3 graphics here remember these are ps2 ports. The controlls work well both games can be frustrating at times but honestly I don't feel it takes away from the package. This is a great collection for the ps3 and a must buy if you don't own the ps2 games or just want to take a shot at finishing them agian worth every penny. Expand
  16. Apr 23, 2012
    Two of the best action games in history enhanced and put together in what is one of the best HD packages ever. God of War Collection is, more than anything else, a great excuse to play the first two GOW games two or three times again. And if you have never played these games, do not miss this opportunity. Both games are incredible; near-perfect gameplay, compelling story, amazingTwo of the best action games in history enhanced and put together in what is one of the best HD packages ever. God of War Collection is, more than anything else, a great excuse to play the first two GOW games two or three times again. And if you have never played these games, do not miss this opportunity. Both games are incredible; near-perfect gameplay, compelling story, amazing soundtrack and the best boss fights of the past generation. The conversion to high-definition was very well-made, and all environments look amazing. Each and every character model was polished. The only problem of the conversion was with the menus and screen displays, which look stretched and blurred. Following Kratos through his first journeys is as exciting and bloody as ever. None should miss this amazing collection. Expand
  17. Jan 26, 2012
    One of few games in my collection that I would actually give a full ten. No, this is not overrated, but be prepared for graphics that are not as great as GOW 3. That does not take way from the gameplay. Truly a fantastic series, and this collection makes it more accessible to people who didn't get a chance to play it on PS2.
  18. May 7, 2012
    One of the best purchases ever on the Playstation platform. God of War series is a must have for all kinds of action/fighter game fans. Hooking stories, intensive fights, epic boss rounds ... there isn't even a game better than GoW today in the action category, period. Many spinoffs/lookalikes such as Darksiders, Demons/Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Batman etc. are all great games;One of the best purchases ever on the Playstation platform. God of War series is a must have for all kinds of action/fighter game fans. Hooking stories, intensive fights, epic boss rounds ... there isn't even a game better than GoW today in the action category, period. Many spinoffs/lookalikes such as Darksiders, Demons/Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Batman etc. are all great games; but compared against this masterpiece, they all look childish. Still need to finish GoW2 on hard though... Expand
  19. Aug 26, 2013
    Fantastic set on Greek Mythology. Epic story and awesome gameplay with cool combos and magic abilities.
    Plus the epic boss fighting you get those cool puzzles that makes you feel smart when you solve them. Really creative puzzles. I enjoyed every minute playing both God Of War 1 & 2.
    It was fun also playing Challenge of the Gods and Challenge of Titans. I went for Platinum on those to cool titles.
    This is 9 out of 10.
  20. Jul 30, 2012
    I never got a chance to play the god of war franchise back when the PS2 was still fresh. So i decided to buy it and give it a chance to play on PS3 in hd collection. Turns out it was worth my money before i played God of war 3 completely.

Story- God of war 1 is about kratos recieving the powers of a god from Ares however that power he had killed his family so he seeks to avenge his family's death by killing Ares which he gets help by the other gods. God of war 2 continues after Kratos triumph over Ares and claims the title of God of war. Kratos tries to prevent the sister of fate from changing his life in the past by killing them.

Graphics- Since its remastered in HD it feels a bit clear to see what the levels clearly look like around kratos perspective.

Gameplay- God of war is a hack and slash where you'll be fighting many enemies and performing awesome grusome finishing blows on them especially on the boss levels. Uprgrading your weapons and accessories to make it more damaging in killing the enemies much quickier. Evading and parrying enemies attack to reduce your chance of dying. The only problem i had was the puzzles. YES the puzzles it feels so confusing and frustrating that i basically had to search up websites to pass them which i couldn't even handle for at least 3 minutes without understanding on what to do in it.

Overall- I recommend that you should buy this game for hack and slash and awesome story thats about greek history and mythology and give it a try. Trust me you will surprised on how good this HD retains itself from the time it came out on PS2 to PS3.

Final Score- 9.5
  21. Oct 21, 2014
    I am not what you'd call an avid fighting game fan. It isn't for a lack of trying them, I just haven't found one that I could get into- other than the God of War series. It's either the cameras suck, the characters are extremely lame, or the move sets are more complicated than I am willing to learn. More often than not it's at least 2 of the 3. This series is the only one I can getI am not what you'd call an avid fighting game fan. It isn't for a lack of trying them, I just haven't found one that I could get into- other than the God of War series. It's either the cameras suck, the characters are extremely lame, or the move sets are more complicated than I am willing to learn. More often than not it's at least 2 of the 3. This series is the only one I can get into, and I gosh darned love it. Expand
  22. Nov 10, 2013
    Just a simple hack and slash game that has you running around mowing down everything and everyone in sight. The thing that sets it apart is how well executed the final product is. The combat feels fluent, the puzzles are challenging but not too hard and the retrospective storytelling is quite interesting, having Kratos remember bits and pieces of his past as he progresses towards his goal.Just a simple hack and slash game that has you running around mowing down everything and everyone in sight. The thing that sets it apart is how well executed the final product is. The combat feels fluent, the puzzles are challenging but not too hard and the retrospective storytelling is quite interesting, having Kratos remember bits and pieces of his past as he progresses towards his goal. Whatever that might be at a given moment. Expand
  23. Feb 22, 2014
    This is a must have for anyone who is a fan of the God of War series! I played these 2 games on the ps2 and here they are remastered in HD! These 2 games are really sic and bad ass. Everything in them is amazing! Both games can be beaten in under 6 hours each. God of War 2 is better in my opinion because it improved on many things. God of War 2 features way more boss battles than God ofThis is a must have for anyone who is a fan of the God of War series! I played these 2 games on the ps2 and here they are remastered in HD! These 2 games are really sic and bad ass. Everything in them is amazing! Both games can be beaten in under 6 hours each. God of War 2 is better in my opinion because it improved on many things. God of War 2 features way more boss battles than God of War 1. The story is great and God of War 2 continues the story right where God of War 1 ended. I also highly recommend checking out God of War 3 and the other God of War games! Expand

At $40 for two of the best action games ever made, and the perfect precursors to next March's God of War III, this is a collection that you shouldn't pass up.
    It's not a comprehensive museum-style release with tons of improvements, new bonus features, Chains of Olympus, Betrayal, etc., but instead a great rerelease of two of the best games of all time in high definition. Here's hoping Sony continues the trend with another critical darling pair of games soon.
  3. If you are looking for a great package deal in terms of length, great price and quality, there’s no way you should pass on this one. Now, if you never, EVER, heard or played any game from this mythic franchise, then you must add this compilation to your game collection.