God of War Collection PlayStation 3

8.7

1. Sep 20, 2012
    (Translate from Portuguese into English)Os dois melhores jogos do PS2 no PS3 em HD,os gráficos nem ligo pra isso,já que não se trata de um remake,mas a experiência é a mesma,para viciados em GoW como eu os troféus foram fáceis,mas o que importa é a qualidade,poder jogar novamente esses dois jogos de ponta é muito gratificante.
  2. Mar 26, 2011
    In my opinion this can be one of the best collections ever, it has two of the best PS2 games; as an script writter I can tell you that the story is really good, I love it! the gaming its so easy, this is not a challenging game, its a game for enjoy! if you dont have it BUY IT! NOW! Kratos rules!!!!!!
  3. Mar 29, 2012
    I've always wanted to play God of War series, but never had the chance. Until now, that my friend has lended me his. It was awesome! The story and the gory gameplay expands the thrill and fun. Replayability is supported by new armor, or New Game+ in GoW II. After playing these two, am really looking forward to GoW III now. Still, AWESOME!!!
  4. Feb 3, 2013
    This collection is certainly good. With HD graphics and 60 fps speeds this is definitely the best way to experience god of war 1 and 2. The down point of the trilogy is the trophy support, most of them can be obtained through one play through. A buy for GOW beginners and veterans. Everything is good but he first god of war story is a little lacking but that about all I have to say aboutThis collection is certainly good. With HD graphics and 60 fps speeds this is definitely the best way to experience god of war 1 and 2. The down point of the trilogy is the trophy support, most of them can be obtained through one play through. A buy for GOW beginners and veterans. Everything is good but he first god of war story is a little lacking but that about all I have to say about this awesome collection Expand
  5. Mar 21, 2013
    Epic! Buy it, no question actually it's a good enough reason to get a PS3 so you can play this and the sequel. One of my favorite games of all time, graphics, gameplay, story it's all good!
  6. Sep 27, 2013
    Two of the most iconic PS2 games combined into one collection. Remastered in high definition with full trophie support how can it get better than that.
  7. Feb 22, 2014
    This is a must have for anyone who is a fan of the God of War series! I played these 2 games on the ps2 and here they are remastered in HD! These 2 games are really sic and bad ass. Everything in them is amazing! Both games can be beaten in under 6 hours each. God of War 2 is better in my opinion because it improved on many things. God of War 2 features way more boss battles than God ofThis is a must have for anyone who is a fan of the God of War series! I played these 2 games on the ps2 and here they are remastered in HD! These 2 games are really sic and bad ass. Everything in them is amazing! Both games can be beaten in under 6 hours each. God of War 2 is better in my opinion because it improved on many things. God of War 2 features way more boss battles than God of War 1. The story is great and God of War 2 continues the story right where God of War 1 ended. I also highly recommend checking out God of War 3 and the other God of War games! Expand
  8. Oct 21, 2014
    I am not what you'd call an avid fighting game fan. It isn't for a lack of trying them, I just haven't found one that I could get into- other than the God of War series. It's either the cameras suck, the characters are extremely lame, or the move sets are more complicated than I am willing to learn. More often than not it's at least 2 of the 3. This series is the only one I can getI am not what you'd call an avid fighting game fan. It isn't for a lack of trying them, I just haven't found one that I could get into- other than the God of War series. It's either the cameras suck, the characters are extremely lame, or the move sets are more complicated than I am willing to learn. More often than not it's at least 2 of the 3. This series is the only one I can get into, and I gosh darned love it. Expand
  9. Jan 13, 2015
    Two fabulous games in one package. The first may look a little dated graphically even with the upgrade, but the gameplay is still excellent with an engrossing story and set pieces & puzzles which lay down the foundations for the series. The second expands on this even further, and even though I personally prefer the first, many choose the 2nd.
  10. May 26, 2015
    Awesome remakes! Loved every minute of it. Absolutely nothing bad to say. These games are true classics! And even they look dated they are still fun to play! Give them a try!
  11. Sep 8, 2015
    i like the god of war series. i played all this series. first of all l love the hitting sense this series. and i like the view of world. god and myth is intersting.
  12. Apr 28, 2016
    zerei o god of war 2. simplesmente épico, o jogo god of war 2 conseguiu superar o 1 que foi épico. história incrível, ótima jogabilidade, excelente trilha sonora, bom design gráfico, rudo ótimo. esse foi um ótimo jogo que fechou o ps2 com chave de ouro. meus parabéns para a Santa Monica Studio e PlayStation por essa obra de arte.
  13. Nov 12, 2010
    BE WARNED, if your new to the series. YOU WILL GET PISSED OFF ON THE PUZZLES AND CHALLENGES, EVEN IN NORMAL MODE! But after I look back I remember all the times I dropped the F-Bomb on the game, and know I think the series is awesome. Awesome hack and slash game play, good stories. And got me interested in reading Greek Mythology. Recommended Buy!^_^
  14. Jan 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The collection is a great deal. You get 2 games in one thats first. The first God of War was a masterpiece on PS2.The Legendary battle with Hydra and more is just classic. Now we got a chance to play it on PS3.Sure some say that the game is old and uses oldfashioned mechanics but its still the true and old God of War. Just bumped to HD.The graphic might hurt your eyes sometimes but it aint tragic. You play this game not for graphic but for the feeling and classic fights from God of War. The God of War II is even better. All the fights with Collosus,Medusa,Sisters of Fate ,Perseus and more are just crazy and feel the same as on PS2. Generally if you didnt play GoW on PS2 its a must have possition. If you did play it on PS2 you should buy it if your original PS2 GoW doesnt work on PS3(90% disc dont work )
    Me personally as a huge fan of GoW series with T-shirt,figure,posters etc its just brilliant that Sony bumped a bit their old 2 games into PS3 so I can again feel the anger,rage and power of Kratos.
  15. Si
    Mar 12, 2010
    I can honestly say this is the two best games i've played in a long time. I hadnt played either until this collection was re-released on the PS3. There are the odd puzzles which do you're head in (i.e the spike room and climbing out of Hell on that spinning column), and sometimes the button sequence pressing can be frustrating (during the right with Zues in GOW2) but over all I can honestly say this is the two best games i've played in a long time. I hadnt played either until this collection was re-released on the PS3. There are the odd puzzles which do you're head in (i.e the spike room and climbing out of Hell on that spinning column), and sometimes the button sequence pressing can be frustrating (during the right with Zues in GOW2) but over all its a VERY satisfying once you get beyond these points. The controls are virtually spot on, although jumping backwards from a ledge doesn't always work, the graphics look impressive ported into high-res on the PS3 too. You also get a nice range of weapons and spells, which you can level up and improve which do some awesome damage and look great. But the best aspect is the story and the action. The storyline works, its intense, it pulls you in and you want to see him kill these people. The action is also intense, although i've only done it on EASY. I'm too scared to try anything above that, as I kept dieing on NORMAL. There is also trophies to collect, which are easy to get, and extras to unlock from playing like outfits etc etc. There really isn't anything which is sooo bad that it should stop you enjoying the game. Most of the puzzle are fun, while only a small few are frustrating and it only has very small control issues. I would honestly, recommend this game to anyone with a PS3. Expand
  16. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = A great compilation of 2 of the greatest games of all time. HD graphics look great as well!
  17. Aug 15, 2012
    To put it simply, this is the first 2 God of War games made into HD and put on one disc. Both of these games are very fun games. It's interesting to see where this series came from leading up to God of War 3.

These 2 games were both excellent games when they were released. They have their flaws, but it's easy to see how the God of War series grew when you play these games as well.

This is a collection that will give you two excellent games, and that's really the bottom line here.
  18. CamJ
    Nov 20, 2009
    I picked this game up yesterday at 7pm and didn't put it down until 11am this morning after I beat both games. I had played the first one a long time ago but never got around to playing the second. These games are bloody brilliant. The action, the combos, the enemy variety made the GoW franchise my absolute favorite of all time. March can't come fast enough!!
  19. RyanH
    Nov 20, 2009
    This collection is a great excuse to replay two of the best games from PS2. The graphics look great at 60 fps and in HD (minus the cut-scenes which were not enhanced for the jump to blu-ray). The gameplay still holds up against any current-gen action game. The story is great and the music helps set the mood for some awesome action sequences. If you like action games in any capacity, pick This collection is a great excuse to replay two of the best games from PS2. The graphics look great at 60 fps and in HD (minus the cut-scenes which were not enhanced for the jump to blu-ray). The gameplay still holds up against any current-gen action game. The story is great and the music helps set the mood for some awesome action sequences. If you like action games in any capacity, pick this up. If you've already played one or both of the games - still pick it up. This may be the fourth time I've played through God of War yet it still does not disappoint. Expand
  20. StevenA
    Nov 26, 2009
    THIS IS COMPLETION-A-LA-MAX! Both God of War titles were masterpieces already. But placing both games in full HD, at 60 fps, with trophy support of 2 full sets and all the bonus features from both games ALL on one disc makes God of War Collection a must-own for all action-game fans around. Especially if you missed Kratos' two quests the first time around and are looking forward to THIS IS COMPLETION-A-LA-MAX! Both God of War titles were masterpieces already. But placing both games in full HD, at 60 fps, with trophy support of 2 full sets and all the bonus features from both games ALL on one disc makes God of War Collection a must-own for all action-game fans around. Especially if you missed Kratos' two quests the first time around and are looking forward to the upcoming God of War III coming for the PS3. Speaking of which, having the God of War Collection come with the God of War III demo and have it 4 months before the game actually comes out makes me a truly happy camper. Don't miss this opportunity. And at only 40 bucks, it's practically a steal. Yes, it's not revolutionary or up to date with today's games' mechanics and graphics, but God of War 1 & 2 have gameplay, story and music that most games EVEN TODAY can't compare with. I am proud to say that this game is among my top 10 PS3 games. Remember: A ton of bonus features and 20 hours on your first playthrough. And there are plenty of reasons to come back for 2nds on both sets, on harder difficulties and that will take even longer. Expand
  21. LexW
    Dec 2, 2009
    For any person who has not played the original games (effectively missing out on a piece of gaming history), this is a must-have game. Especially if you're planning on getting God of War 3. Watching a Youtube synopsis of the two original games cannot provide the same epic feeling as playing through them yourself. The games are still graphically impressive to this day. The original For any person who has not played the original games (effectively missing out on a piece of gaming history), this is a must-have game. Especially if you're planning on getting God of War 3. Watching a Youtube synopsis of the two original games cannot provide the same epic feeling as playing through them yourself. The games are still graphically impressive to this day. The original God of War may look fairly pedestrian, especially if you're just stepping out of an Uncharted 2 session, but it isn't the biggest graphical leap; it looks great with the improvements to the textures and framerates. The sequel could even pass for an early-next-gen game. Playing through these games again made me truly remember the awesome sense of scale and the epic storyline which make the God of War series one of the best in gaming history. Expand
  22. JohnP.
    Jan 17, 2010
    Seriously, this one of the best games I've ever played! My pros and cons: + Graphics + Trophy support + Fighting system + Story - No auto-save - Few annoying puzzles and boss fights (even on Easy) Can't wait for God of War III.
  23. PaulS
    Jan 18, 2010
    Absolutely awesome job on these remakes. I can't wate to see what GOW3 is going to be like.
  24. AndyL
    Jan 22, 2010
    Could not wait for the UK release. So I got a relative to get me a US copy. Never got a chance to play these on PS2. But I'm Havin a wonderful time playing this on the PS3! made me realise why the GOW series is a great series. This will make me pre-order GOW 3 - can't wait for this!
  25. AndyL
    Jan 22, 2010
  26. JamesW.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Two of the best games ever in HD with trophy support for the price of two thirds of a full game. Shows how insane the production values were when they were first released for PS2.
  27. KonradK
    Mar 6, 2010
    (Sorry, I thought this game was overrated on ps2. I never finished it, so I thought i would get both games on the cheap. these games use such outdated mechanics. I mean beat em ups and hack and slash games have been around since NES. You can pretty much just mash buttons and quicktime your way through all the enemies. The game is not that challenging, just a chore. The story is pretty (Sorry, I thought this game was overrated on ps2. I never finished it, so I thought i would get both games on the cheap. these games use such outdated mechanics. I mean beat em ups and hack and slash games have been around since NES. You can pretty much just mash buttons and quicktime your way through all the enemies. The game is not that challenging, just a chore. The story is pretty generic, prototypical macho persona. I just dont get it, hopefully GOW3 turns me around.) You dont get this story, because you are stupid this game is the best. Maybe it doesn't have good graphics but it is challanging if you try challages of titans or something it is very hard and fun. Expand
  28. AspenT.
    Mar 16, 2010
    I really recommend this version. I was not too excited about the ps2 version and it sat on my shelf for about 3 yrs. Then this came out and I thought I might as well buy it because I don't own ps2 GOW2. I am so glad i bought this because this game in HD with trophy support is a completely different experience. I can't say I was even close to a GOW fan back in the ps2 days, but I really recommend this version. I was not too excited about the ps2 version and it sat on my shelf for about 3 yrs. Then this came out and I thought I might as well buy it because I don't own ps2 GOW2. I am so glad i bought this because this game in HD with trophy support is a completely different experience. I can't say I was even close to a GOW fan back in the ps2 days, but this disc has changed all that. Mostly because of the trophies providing replay inspiration and with the fantastic upscaling in graphics this game is now current again. I have no issue with the gameplay. You either like it or you don't. Personally I really hated the second last chapter, it was so boring but i cannot fault the game for providing an otherwise exceptional experience. For $30 everyone should be jumping all over this game. If you never played GOW's now is the time, the price is right and if you have played it this is the far superior version and the trophy support keeps you wanting more. Expand
  29. George
    Mar 19, 2010
    This was the first time I'd played GOW and it was amazing. The first one starts out slow but soon gets going and took me just shy of 10 hours to complete. The second is superior to the first in almost every way, although the fight with aeries was better than the zeus fight. The cliffhanger ending was great in GOW2, but there was about 3 challenges that made me scream with This was the first time I'd played GOW and it was amazing. The first one starts out slow but soon gets going and took me just shy of 10 hours to complete. The second is superior to the first in almost every way, although the fight with aeries was better than the zeus fight. The cliffhanger ending was great in GOW2, but there was about 3 challenges that made me scream with frustration. All in all a great set of games, looking forward to picking up GOW3. Overall GOW 9/10 GOW2 was on a 10 but the frustration drops it to a 9.5/10. Together 9/10 Expand
  30. SteveL.
    Mar 5, 2010
    I love this game.

At $40 for two of the best action games ever made, and the perfect precursors to next March's God of War III, this is a collection that you shouldn't pass up.
    It's not a comprehensive museum-style release with tons of improvements, new bonus features, Chains of Olympus, Betrayal, etc., but instead a great rerelease of two of the best games of all time in high definition. Here's hoping Sony continues the trend with another critical darling pair of games soon.
  3. If you are looking for a great package deal in terms of length, great price and quality, there’s no way you should pass on this one. Now, if you never, EVER, heard or played any game from this mythic franchise, then you must add this compilation to your game collection.