8.7

1. Sep 20, 2012
    (Translate from Portuguese into English)Os dois melhores jogos do PS2 no PS3 em HD,os gráficos nem ligo pra isso,já que não se trata de um remake,mas a experiência é a mesma,para viciados em GoW como eu os troféus foram fáceis,mas o que importa é a qualidade,poder jogar novamente esses dois jogos de ponta é muito gratificante.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    Excuse me for using caps, but QUICKTIME EVENT HATERS BEWARE!!! In GoW you do almost everything by using quicktime events. And I'm not talking about just any kind of quicktime events, over half of them are "smash O like crazy or you will fail" quicktime events.
  3. Mar 26, 2011
    In my opinion this can be one of the best collections ever, it has two of the best PS2 games; as an script writter I can tell you that the story is really good, I love it! the gaming its so easy, this is not a challenging game, its a game for enjoy! if you dont have it BUY IT! NOW! Kratos rules!!!!!!
  4. Mar 29, 2012
    I've always wanted to play God of War series, but never had the chance. Until now, that my friend has lended me his. It was awesome! The story and the gory gameplay expands the thrill and fun. Replayability is supported by new armor, or New Game+ in GoW II. After playing these two, am really looking forward to GoW III now. Still, AWESOME!!!
  5. Feb 3, 2013
    This collection is certainly good. With HD graphics and 60 fps speeds this is definitely the best way to experience god of war 1 and 2. The down point of the trilogy is the trophy support, most of them can be obtained through one play through. A buy for GOW beginners and veterans. Everything is good but he first god of war story is a little lacking but that about all I have to say aboutThis collection is certainly good. With HD graphics and 60 fps speeds this is definitely the best way to experience god of war 1 and 2. The down point of the trilogy is the trophy support, most of them can be obtained through one play through. A buy for GOW beginners and veterans. Everything is good but he first god of war story is a little lacking but that about all I have to say about this awesome collection Expand
  6. Mar 21, 2013
    Epic! Buy it, no question actually it's a good enough reason to get a PS3 so you can play this and the sequel. One of my favorite games of all time, graphics, gameplay, story it's all good!
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    Two of the most iconic PS2 games combined into one collection. Remastered in high definition with full trophie support how can it get better than that.
  8. Nov 12, 2010
    BE WARNED, if your new to the series. YOU WILL GET PISSED OFF ON THE PUZZLES AND CHALLENGES, EVEN IN NORMAL MODE! But after I look back I remember all the times I dropped the F-Bomb on the game, and know I think the series is awesome. Awesome hack and slash game play, good stories. And got me interested in reading Greek Mythology. Recommended Buy!^_^
  9. Jan 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The collection is a great deal. You get 2 games in one thats first. The first God of War was a masterpiece on PS2.The Legendary battle with Hydra and more is just classic. Now we got a chance to play it on PS3.Sure some say that the game is old and uses oldfashioned mechanics but its still the true and old God of War. Just bumped to HD.The graphic might hurt your eyes sometimes but it aint tragic. You play this game not for graphic but for the feeling and classic fights from God of War. The God of War II is even better. All the fights with Collosus,Medusa,Sisters of Fate ,Perseus and more are just crazy and feel the same as on PS2. Generally if you didnt play GoW on PS2 its a must have possition. If you did play it on PS2 you should buy it if your original PS2 GoW doesnt work on PS3(90% disc dont work )
    Me personally as a huge fan of GoW series with T-shirt,figure,posters etc its just brilliant that Sony bumped a bit their old 2 games into PS3 so I can again feel the anger,rage and power of Kratos.
  10. Sep 9, 2010
    First off let me say they did a wonderful job on this collection. There is alot to love on this title. The main characters are cool, the action is brutal and the story is interesting. If this is your type of game then it's definitely worth your buck. However there comes my problem, i am not a fan. It's beautifully polished, full action but utterly boring button masher. I enjoy the mashingFirst off let me say they did a wonderful job on this collection. There is alot to love on this title. The main characters are cool, the action is brutal and the story is interesting. If this is your type of game then it's definitely worth your buck. However there comes my problem, i am not a fan. It's beautifully polished, full action but utterly boring button masher. I enjoy the mashing but not for long, there is just too little variation to this title no matter how good it looks. Once you figure out what attack works best the real challenge is to keep out of the way and repeat the same action. There are some puzzles but everyone who is not utterly retarded can solve those. For me who grew up on the not so great graphics era but often creative gameplay this is too much of a repetition to overlook the flaws and give this an A+. Expand
  11. [anonymous]
    Jan 20, 2010
    Sorry, I thought this game was overrated on ps2. I never finished it, so I thought i would get both games on the cheap. these games use such outdated mechanics. I mean beat em ups and hack and slash games have been around since NES. You can pretty much just mash buttons and quicktime your way through all the enemies. The game is not that challenging, just a chore. The story is pretty Sorry, I thought this game was overrated on ps2. I never finished it, so I thought i would get both games on the cheap. these games use such outdated mechanics. I mean beat em ups and hack and slash games have been around since NES. You can pretty much just mash buttons and quicktime your way through all the enemies. The game is not that challenging, just a chore. The story is pretty generic, prototypical macho persona. I just dont get it, hopefully GOW3 turns me around. Expand
  12. IvanF
    Dec 1, 2009
    im trying to understand how santa monica studio let bluepoint games turn his masterpiece in a total piece of crap.First of all,im a huge gow fan but this games sucks in everyway,has a lot of bugs and gliches (some dont let you past for the next level so you have to kill yourseft..),sound its awful,the trophies dont add more challenge (you can get 80% of them just beating the game in im trying to understand how santa monica studio let bluepoint games turn his masterpiece in a total piece of crap.First of all,im a huge gow fan but this games sucks in everyway,has a lot of bugs and gliches (some dont let you past for the next level so you have to kill yourseft..),sound its awful,the trophies dont add more challenge (you can get 80% of them just beating the game in easy)....and finally not every game have the GOW III demo in it (mine dont have it). If you never have played gow games before, i suggest play the originals for ps2. Expand
  13. Si
    Mar 12, 2010
    I can honestly say this is the two best games i've played in a long time. I hadnt played either until this collection was re-released on the PS3. There are the odd puzzles which do you're head in (i.e the spike room and climbing out of Hell on that spinning column), and sometimes the button sequence pressing can be frustrating (during the right with Zues in GOW2) but over all I can honestly say this is the two best games i've played in a long time. I hadnt played either until this collection was re-released on the PS3. There are the odd puzzles which do you're head in (i.e the spike room and climbing out of Hell on that spinning column), and sometimes the button sequence pressing can be frustrating (during the right with Zues in GOW2) but over all its a VERY satisfying once you get beyond these points. The controls are virtually spot on, although jumping backwards from a ledge doesn't always work, the graphics look impressive ported into high-res on the PS3 too. You also get a nice range of weapons and spells, which you can level up and improve which do some awesome damage and look great. But the best aspect is the story and the action. The storyline works, its intense, it pulls you in and you want to see him kill these people. The action is also intense, although i've only done it on EASY. I'm too scared to try anything above that, as I kept dieing on NORMAL. There is also trophies to collect, which are easy to get, and extras to unlock from playing like outfits etc etc. There really isn't anything which is sooo bad that it should stop you enjoying the game. Most of the puzzle are fun, while only a small few are frustrating and it only has very small control issues. I would honestly, recommend this game to anyone with a PS3. Expand
  14. Mar 3, 2011
    i'm not a very vengeful person my name is DREW EZ BREEZEE ... i did buy ps2 but not god of war... ok recently i found it on sell.. god of war collection .... i said i will try it... its a port of ps2 so i understand the cg cutscenes are crap... but the puzzles and stupidity killed my buzz... f... kratos bad game... let me hack in slash dante inferno better... F... kratos
  15. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = A great compilation of 2 of the greatest games of all time. HD graphics look great as well!
  16. Apr 17, 2012
    This is a total cash in. Keep your ps2 version and play those. Do not buy into this scam Sony has created. This is the same game from 7 years ago. If you keep buying then they will keep scamming.
  17. Aug 15, 2012
    To put it simply, this is the first 2 God of War games made into HD and put on one disc. Both of these games are very fun games. It's interesting to see where this series came from leading up to God of War 3.

These 2 games were both excellent games when they were released. They have their flaws, but it's easy to see how the God of War series grew when you play these games as well.

This is a collection that will give you two excellent games, and that's really the bottom line here.
  18. AndyL
    Jan 22, 2010
    Could not wait for the UK release. So I got a relative to get me a US copy. Never got a chance to play these on PS2. But I'm Havin a wonderful time playing this on the PS3! made me realise why the GOW series is a great series. This will make me pre-order GOW 3 - can't wait for this!
  19. AspenT.
    Mar 16, 2010
    I really recommend this version. I was not too excited about the ps2 version and it sat on my shelf for about 3 yrs. Then this came out and I thought I might as well buy it because I don't own ps2 GOW2. I am so glad i bought this because this game in HD with trophy support is a completely different experience. I can't say I was even close to a GOW fan back in the ps2 days, but I really recommend this version. I was not too excited about the ps2 version and it sat on my shelf for about 3 yrs. Then this came out and I thought I might as well buy it because I don't own ps2 GOW2. I am so glad i bought this because this game in HD with trophy support is a completely different experience. I can't say I was even close to a GOW fan back in the ps2 days, but this disc has changed all that. Mostly because of the trophies providing replay inspiration and with the fantastic upscaling in graphics this game is now current again. I have no issue with the gameplay. You either like it or you don't. Personally I really hated the second last chapter, it was so boring but i cannot fault the game for providing an otherwise exceptional experience. For $30 everyone should be jumping all over this game. If you never played GOW's now is the time, the price is right and if you have played it this is the far superior version and the trophy support keeps you wanting more. Expand
  20. PaulS
    Jan 18, 2010
    Absolutely awesome job on these remakes. I can't wate to see what GOW3 is going to be like.
  21. AndyL
    Jan 22, 2010
  22. JamesW.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Two of the best games ever in HD with trophy support for the price of two thirds of a full game. Shows how insane the production values were when they were first released for PS2.
  23. SteveL.
    Mar 5, 2010
    I love this game.
  24. KonradK
    Mar 6, 2010
    (Sorry, I thought this game was overrated on ps2. I never finished it, so I thought i would get both games on the cheap. these games use such outdated mechanics. I mean beat em ups and hack and slash games have been around since NES. You can pretty much just mash buttons and quicktime your way through all the enemies. The game is not that challenging, just a chore. The story is pretty (Sorry, I thought this game was overrated on ps2. I never finished it, so I thought i would get both games on the cheap. these games use such outdated mechanics. I mean beat em ups and hack and slash games have been around since NES. You can pretty much just mash buttons and quicktime your way through all the enemies. The game is not that challenging, just a chore. The story is pretty generic, prototypical macho persona. I just dont get it, hopefully GOW3 turns me around.) You dont get this story, because you are stupid this game is the best. Maybe it doesn't have good graphics but it is challanging if you try challages of titans or something it is very hard and fun. Expand
  25. RyanH
    Nov 20, 2009
    This collection is a great excuse to replay two of the best games from PS2. The graphics look great at 60 fps and in HD (minus the cut-scenes which were not enhanced for the jump to blu-ray). The gameplay still holds up against any current-gen action game. The story is great and the music helps set the mood for some awesome action sequences. If you like action games in any capacity, pick This collection is a great excuse to replay two of the best games from PS2. The graphics look great at 60 fps and in HD (minus the cut-scenes which were not enhanced for the jump to blu-ray). The gameplay still holds up against any current-gen action game. The story is great and the music helps set the mood for some awesome action sequences. If you like action games in any capacity, pick this up. If you've already played one or both of the games - still pick it up. This may be the fourth time I've played through God of War yet it still does not disappoint. Expand
  26. CamJ
    Nov 20, 2009
    I picked this game up yesterday at 7pm and didn't put it down until 11am this morning after I beat both games. I had played the first one a long time ago but never got around to playing the second. These games are bloody brilliant. The action, the combos, the enemy variety made the GoW franchise my absolute favorite of all time. March can't come fast enough!!
  27. LexW
    Dec 2, 2009
    For any person who has not played the original games (effectively missing out on a piece of gaming history), this is a must-have game. Especially if you're planning on getting God of War 3. Watching a Youtube synopsis of the two original games cannot provide the same epic feeling as playing through them yourself. The games are still graphically impressive to this day. The original For any person who has not played the original games (effectively missing out on a piece of gaming history), this is a must-have game. Especially if you're planning on getting God of War 3. Watching a Youtube synopsis of the two original games cannot provide the same epic feeling as playing through them yourself. The games are still graphically impressive to this day. The original God of War may look fairly pedestrian, especially if you're just stepping out of an Uncharted 2 session, but it isn't the biggest graphical leap; it looks great with the improvements to the textures and framerates. The sequel could even pass for an early-next-gen game. Playing through these games again made me truly remember the awesome sense of scale and the epic storyline which make the God of War series one of the best in gaming history. Expand
  28. JohnP.
    Jan 17, 2010
    Seriously, this one of the best games I've ever played! My pros and cons: + Graphics + Trophy support + Fighting system + Story - No auto-save - Few annoying puzzles and boss fights (even on Easy) Can't wait for God of War III.
  29. George
    Mar 19, 2010
    This was the first time I'd played GOW and it was amazing. The first one starts out slow but soon gets going and took me just shy of 10 hours to complete. The second is superior to the first in almost every way, although the fight with aeries was better than the zeus fight. The cliffhanger ending was great in GOW2, but there was about 3 challenges that made me scream with This was the first time I'd played GOW and it was amazing. The first one starts out slow but soon gets going and took me just shy of 10 hours to complete. The second is superior to the first in almost every way, although the fight with aeries was better than the zeus fight. The cliffhanger ending was great in GOW2, but there was about 3 challenges that made me scream with frustration. All in all a great set of games, looking forward to picking up GOW3. Overall GOW 9/10 GOW2 was on a 10 but the frustration drops it to a 9.5/10. Together 9/10 Expand
  30. StevenA
    Nov 26, 2009
    THIS IS COMPLETION-A-LA-MAX! Both God of War titles were masterpieces already. But placing both games in full HD, at 60 fps, with trophy support of 2 full sets and all the bonus features from both games ALL on one disc makes God of War Collection a must-own for all action-game fans around. Especially if you missed Kratos' two quests the first time around and are looking forward to THIS IS COMPLETION-A-LA-MAX! Both God of War titles were masterpieces already. But placing both games in full HD, at 60 fps, with trophy support of 2 full sets and all the bonus features from both games ALL on one disc makes God of War Collection a must-own for all action-game fans around. Especially if you missed Kratos' two quests the first time around and are looking forward to the upcoming God of War III coming for the PS3. Speaking of which, having the God of War Collection come with the God of War III demo and have it 4 months before the game actually comes out makes me a truly happy camper. Don't miss this opportunity. And at only 40 bucks, it's practically a steal. Yes, it's not revolutionary or up to date with today's games' mechanics and graphics, but God of War 1 & 2 have gameplay, story and music that most games EVEN TODAY can't compare with. I am proud to say that this game is among my top 10 PS3 games. Remember: A ton of bonus features and 20 hours on your first playthrough. And there are plenty of reasons to come back for 2nds on both sets, on harder difficulties and that will take even longer. Expand
  31. Jan 21, 2012
    What an excellent remastered rendition of the series. These are perhaps unforgiving games without remorse, but certainly ones that leave you with a sense of accomplishment once you do get past the challenges they come with - due to the fact that it progresses in such a way that you get better by each attempt. With wonderful art design, hard-hitting music, and more over-the-top buttonWhat an excellent remastered rendition of the series. These are perhaps unforgiving games without remorse, but certainly ones that leave you with a sense of accomplishment once you do get past the challenges they come with - due to the fact that it progresses in such a way that you get better by each attempt. With wonderful art design, hard-hitting music, and more over-the-top button mashing than most games, God of War is one of those series where you truly feel glad it's over when the credits finally scroll down your screen - yet it also somehow manages to leave you wanting more. On the downside, the puzzles were a bit too difficult at times due to poor judgement on camera angles and lack of emphasis on highlighting important items. The weapon load out and upgrade system could use some more refinement as well, and I often found myself not using any of the secondary weapons I picked up because that would mean I would have to upgrade and rely on them throughout - and the whole upgrade system could be more lucid. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind an optional Auto-Save feature and fully re-rendered cutscenes throughout, seeing as this is a 2009 release. I also didn't particularly enjoy having to see a scene over and over again because I didn't hit and time five analog stick quicktime events in a row on the first installment - if you miss one, don't expect an alternate clip that is not your immediate death. Last note, the game shouldn't ask me every time if I want to Retry from Checkpoint, considering I've never once quit a game that way, and I doubt anyone else have either, it seems like removing it altogether would be the more obvious solution. Collapse
  32. May 10, 2011
    playing the gow games i never played them in order first one i played was the first GOW on the PSP then i played GOW 3 . so curous about how kratos got to where he was and was in such a foul mood i decided to pick up the GOW collection. started with the first GOW and its ok but not alot of boss fights and the game flows kinda slugish . the action is there and what few bosses you do fightplaying the gow games i never played them in order first one i played was the first GOW on the PSP then i played GOW 3 . so curous about how kratos got to where he was and was in such a foul mood i decided to pick up the GOW collection. started with the first GOW and its ok but not alot of boss fights and the game flows kinda slugish . the action is there and what few bosses you do fight are alot of fun. the second one is a improvement the game flows better and alot more bosses to take on . you can pick this up pretty cheap i got mine off amazon for $12 worth pickin up if you are a die hard GOW fan and want them remastered for HD. i feel spoiled by playing the 3rd and like that one the best . so i dont feel the love as much as thoose who have played theese 2 games first back on the PS2. Expand
  33. Jan 30, 2013
    God of War Collection for the PS3 is God of War 1 and 2 in HD and with trophy support. The games are so rich in atmosphere and have such amazing varied gameplay that they
  34. Oct 2, 2010
    Amazing deal in this bundle. I never got the chance to play either of these games so it was a real treat for me, this up scaling to HD helps deal with the outdated graphics. Both games still shine to this day in both story and gameplay.
  35. Oct 9, 2010
    This is two of the best games ever on one disc, awesome story, awesome action and gameplay, and for those who say this game is just a button smasher and takes no skill thats absolutely rubbish, go play this game on hard or hardest level then lets talk again. My favourite of all time
  36. Oct 12, 2010
    A visit back to two of the greatest games of the PS2 era, with upscaled graphics and trophies; what's not to like? The only real reason one has not to try these games, given that they missed them the first time around, is if they have already played and disliked them.
  37. Apr 4, 2011
    i liked this game and the story and monsters matches up with real mythology but it is just so hard to beat and it will turn some people right off. i havnt played these games on the PS2 but i can see i have missed out so i am happy they came to the PS3 but at some points it is just so hard to play ive found myself putting it down for a bit then going back to it after i have watched ai liked this game and the story and monsters matches up with real mythology but it is just so hard to beat and it will turn some people right off. i havnt played these games on the PS2 but i can see i have missed out so i am happy they came to the PS3 but at some points it is just so hard to play ive found myself putting it down for a bit then going back to it after i have watched a walkthrough on youtube. be warned there is nothing telling you where to go in this game so you will be scratching your head trying to figure out what do do at certain points but this game is a must have especially since the series continues in GoW3 Expand
  38. Nov 6, 2013
    It took me a few years but I have finally played the first two GoW games. Despite the horrible graphics, the gameplay is really good, and the plot is pretty good too. I like where the series is going and I'm looking forward to GoW3 and Ascension.
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    You get both god of war 1 and god of war 2 here and beleave me it is worth every penny. I like puzzle games and I have always like a good beatem up and this is probably one on the best at giving you both of those elements in a game at the same time. The visuals are great both games but don't think you will be getting gow 3 graphics here remember these are ps2 ports. The controlls work wellYou get both god of war 1 and god of war 2 here and beleave me it is worth every penny. I like puzzle games and I have always like a good beatem up and this is probably one on the best at giving you both of those elements in a game at the same time. The visuals are great both games but don't think you will be getting gow 3 graphics here remember these are ps2 ports. The controlls work well both games can be frustrating at times but honestly I don't feel it takes away from the package. This is a great collection for the ps3 and a must buy if you don't own the ps2 games or just want to take a shot at finishing them agian worth every penny. Expand
  40. Apr 23, 2012
    Two of the best action games in history enhanced and put together in what is one of the best HD packages ever. God of War Collection is, more than anything else, a great excuse to play the first two GOW games two or three times again. And if you have never played these games, do not miss this opportunity. Both games are incredible; near-perfect gameplay, compelling story, amazingTwo of the best action games in history enhanced and put together in what is one of the best HD packages ever. God of War Collection is, more than anything else, a great excuse to play the first two GOW games two or three times again. And if you have never played these games, do not miss this opportunity. Both games are incredible; near-perfect gameplay, compelling story, amazing soundtrack and the best boss fights of the past generation. The conversion to high-definition was very well-made, and all environments look amazing. Each and every character model was polished. The only problem of the conversion was with the menus and screen displays, which look stretched and blurred. Following Kratos through his first journeys is as exciting and bloody as ever. None should miss this amazing collection. Expand
  41. Jan 26, 2012
    One of few games in my collection that I would actually give a full ten. No, this is not overrated, but be prepared for graphics that are not as great as GOW 3. That does not take way from the gameplay. Truly a fantastic series, and this collection makes it more accessible to people who didn't get a chance to play it on PS2.
  42. May 7, 2012
    One of the best purchases ever on the Playstation platform. God of War series is a must have for all kinds of action/fighter game fans. Hooking stories, intensive fights, epic boss rounds ... there isn't even a game better than GoW today in the action category, period. Many spinoffs/lookalikes such as Darksiders, Demons/Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Batman etc. are all great games;One of the best purchases ever on the Playstation platform. God of War series is a must have for all kinds of action/fighter game fans. Hooking stories, intensive fights, epic boss rounds ... there isn't even a game better than GoW today in the action category, period. Many spinoffs/lookalikes such as Darksiders, Demons/Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Batman etc. are all great games; but compared against this masterpiece, they all look childish. Still need to finish GoW2 on hard though... Expand
  43. Dec 11, 2012
    The two games are amazing, but having already beat them, this wasn't any different than how I remembered them. Awesome games, If you have already played them then you know if you should replay them or not, If you haven't played them then there is a reason that God of War still exists and a new game is coming out.
  44. Aug 26, 2013
    Fantastic set on Greek Mythology. Epic story and awesome gameplay with cool combos and magic abilities.
    Plus the epic boss fighting you get those cool puzzles that makes you feel smart when you solve them. Really creative puzzles. I enjoyed every minute playing both God Of War 1 & 2.
    It was fun also playing Challenge of the Gods and Challenge of Titans. I went for Platinum on those to cool titles.
    This is 9 out of 10.
  45. Jul 30, 2012
    I never got a chance to play the god of war franchise back when the PS2 was still fresh. So i decided to buy it and give it a chance to play on PS3 in hd collection. Turns out it was worth my money before i played God of war 3 completely.

Story- God of war 1 is about kratos recieving the powers of a god from Ares however that power he had killed his family so he seeks to avenge his family's death by killing Ares which he gets help by the other gods. God of war 2 continues after Kratos triumph over Ares and claims the title of God of war. Kratos tries to prevent the sister of fate from changing his life in the past by killing them.

Graphics- Since its remastered in HD it feels a bit clear to see what the levels clearly look like around kratos perspective.

Gameplay- God of war is a hack and slash where you'll be fighting many enemies and performing awesome grusome finishing blows on them especially on the boss levels. Uprgrading your weapons and accessories to make it more damaging in killing the enemies much quickier. Evading and parrying enemies attack to reduce your chance of dying. The only problem i had was the puzzles. YES the puzzles it feels so confusing and frustrating that i basically had to search up websites to pass them which i couldn't even handle for at least 3 minutes without understanding on what to do in it.

Overall- I recommend that you should buy this game for hack and slash and awesome story thats about greek history and mythology and give it a try. Trust me you will surprised on how good this HD retains itself from the time it came out on PS2 to PS3.

Final Score- 9.5
  46. Oct 21, 2014
    I am not what you'd call an avid fighting game fan. It isn't for a lack of trying them, I just haven't found one that I could get into- other than the God of War series. It's either the cameras suck, the characters are extremely lame, or the move sets are more complicated than I am willing to learn. More often than not it's at least 2 of the 3. This series is the only one I can getI am not what you'd call an avid fighting game fan. It isn't for a lack of trying them, I just haven't found one that I could get into- other than the God of War series. It's either the cameras suck, the characters are extremely lame, or the move sets are more complicated than I am willing to learn. More often than not it's at least 2 of the 3. This series is the only one I can get into, and I gosh darned love it. Expand
  47. Mar 11, 2013
    Otimo jogo, mas as animações do God of War 1 não foram remasterizadas para 720p, ficaram pior que no PS2, mas no restante o jogo ótimo como no PS2. Vale a pena jogar.
  48. Jan 8, 2014
    BE WARNED: IF YOU LIKE BATMAN GAMES THERE IS A CHANCE YOU WILL NOW LIKE THESE SERIES.

I wanted to like this game so bad, but it's not my cup of tea I guess. Especially taking in consideration how visually stunning God of War III is. Freaking beautiful game, so many hours was spent, it's the gameplay that just rubs my gaming boner in the wrong way. if you buy this game used you will

if you buy this game used you will only get 3 games. God of War, God of War II and God of War III.

I've always had an xbox, so I've missed out on original god of war, but I remember reading reviews praising these games. I bough devil may cry on 360 and got really bored of it in few hours, This game reminds of me Devil May Cry.

I've played both Batman games (Asylum and Arkham City) and I loved them. They both deserve score of 10 in my book. And honestly I don't even like Batman as a super hero that much.
    I've decided since I like Batman games I will enjoy this one as well. I was wrong.
    I'm going to compare this game to Batman, Batman. Cause I'm Batman!

GRAPHICS:
    Really Good! Awesome Intro.

SOUND:
    Outstanding!

KRATOS:
    He is cool. I like the guy. I don't know why people have beef with him.

BOSS BATTLES:
    IF YOU LIKE BOSS BATTLES BUY THIS COLLECTION!!!
    These games are one Boss battle after another. I HATE BOSS BATTLES. WHY? because they are boring.
    Here is an example of typical boss battle: Monster/god dude/wretched creature is slamming its fist to the right side of the platform, OMG what am I going to do? Step to the left out of his way. Now it is doing a sweep with his tail/hand/tentacle so I'm going to jump. Now this monster is being vulnerable, how convenient, I'm going to attack it few times, but not too many because it is going to strikeme back. Rinse and Repeat few times, go to the dude and press 'O: on the controller. Play sequence mini game. Do the whole thing again few times.
    Boss battles are all about figuring out a pattern. Patterns are boring to me. What is this Dance Dance Revolution?
    I've only played on normal difficulty, but I bet Boss Battles are less forgiving on higher difficulties.
    Honestly I don't think I've enjoyed boss battles in batman quite frankly, but they were super easy.

ENEMIES:
    Beating up just regular fellas was so much fun in Batman. it is also a lot of fun in Assassins Creed series(even thought it looks silly when they attack you one at a time lol). But in this game regular small fellas can be defeated just pressing square button. It work every time I tried this technique on different difficulty settings, they have same AI on Titan mode as in God(Normal) just do more damage.. You can just defeat them all with spinning attack.

WALKING ON PLANKS:
    I hate it. After playing Assassins Creed it was so annoying watching him fall. Especially when camera is tilted 45 so I can't just press forward to make him walk straight. Dear Mr Kratos "the God killer" please learn from Ezio and stop being such a noob and walk straight on the stupid plank. Please.

Pushing same button over and over to open the door? Are you out of your mind?

I couldn't even finish third game.
  49. Nov 10, 2013
    Just a simple hack and slash game that has you running around mowing down everything and everyone in sight. The thing that sets it apart is how well executed the final product is. The combat feels fluent, the puzzles are challenging but not too hard and the retrospective storytelling is quite interesting, having Kratos remember bits and pieces of his past as he progresses towards his goal.Just a simple hack and slash game that has you running around mowing down everything and everyone in sight. The thing that sets it apart is how well executed the final product is. The combat feels fluent, the puzzles are challenging but not too hard and the retrospective storytelling is quite interesting, having Kratos remember bits and pieces of his past as he progresses towards his goal. Whatever that might be at a given moment. Expand
  50. Nov 19, 2013
    La verdad Sony acerto poniendo esta saga disponible para Playstation 3,porque me encanto jugarlos el ps3 y encima con trofeos,con calidad hd y encima por tan solo 40 euros los dos juntos,un acierto por parte de Sony de una de las mejores sagas que he jugado Jugabilidad: 9 se mueve Kratos muy bien y las luchas son muy buenas Tecnologia: 8 Graficos: 7 -Al ser de ps2 los graficos no son tanLa verdad Sony acerto poniendo esta saga disponible para Playstation 3,porque me encanto jugarlos el ps3 y encima con trofeos,con calidad hd y encima por tan solo 40 euros los dos juntos,un acierto por parte de Sony de una de las mejores sagas que he jugado Jugabilidad: 9 se mueve Kratos muy bien y las luchas son muy buenas Tecnologia: 8 Graficos: 7 -Al ser de ps2 los graficos no son tan buenos como el 3 pero pasables Sonido: 8.5 Un sonido ambiente bestial y un doblaje impresionante Innovacion: 8 Expand
  51. Feb 22, 2014
    This is a must have for anyone who is a fan of the God of War series! I played these 2 games on the ps2 and here they are remastered in HD! These 2 games are really sic and bad ass. Everything in them is amazing! Both games can be beaten in under 6 hours each. God of War 2 is better in my opinion because it improved on many things. God of War 2 features way more boss battles than God ofThis is a must have for anyone who is a fan of the God of War series! I played these 2 games on the ps2 and here they are remastered in HD! These 2 games are really sic and bad ass. Everything in them is amazing! Both games can be beaten in under 6 hours each. God of War 2 is better in my opinion because it improved on many things. God of War 2 features way more boss battles than God of War 1. The story is great and God of War 2 continues the story right where God of War 1 ended. I also highly recommend checking out God of War 3 and the other God of War games! Expand
  52. Jan 13, 2015
    Two fabulous games in one package. The first may look a little dated graphically even with the upgrade, but the gameplay is still excellent with an engrossing story and set pieces & puzzles which lay down the foundations for the series. The second expands on this even further, and even though I personally prefer the first, many choose the 2nd.
  53. May 26, 2015
    Awesome remakes! Loved every minute of it. Absolutely nothing bad to say. These games are true classics! And even they look dated they are still fun to play! Give them a try!
  54. Feb 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. God of War Collection contains the first two God of War games of the God of War series remastered on HD quality, and now it has a trophy support, which is nice. It has the first God of War game which was an amazing adventure, and it has God of War II which was a good game too, but not as good as the first one. A nice collection for PS3 that should not be missed by the fans of the God of War series. Expand
  55. Jan 21, 2012

At $40 for two of the best action games ever made, and the perfect precursors to next March's God of War III, this is a collection that you shouldn't pass up.
    It's not a comprehensive museum-style release with tons of improvements, new bonus features, Chains of Olympus, Betrayal, etc., but instead a great rerelease of two of the best games of all time in high definition. Here's hoping Sony continues the trend with another critical darling pair of games soon.
  3. If you are looking for a great package deal in terms of length, great price and quality, there’s no way you should pass on this one. Now, if you never, EVER, heard or played any game from this mythic franchise, then you must add this compilation to your game collection.