• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 16, 2010
8.7

1. Aug 22, 2010
    God Of War III is the only game i have played more then 7 times non stop.The graphic in the game blow me away,the smooth gameplay,gore,violence,EPIC opening.All you need in an action game.This might be the Game Of The Year for the PS3 System.If you have been following God Of War franchise since the 1st God Of War.There is no point in saying "pass" to this game.
  2. Jun 5, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game. The graphics, gameplay, characters, sound, environments, art-style, set-pieces, pacing, boss-fights, story and pure epicness are all masterfully done which makes for one of the best, most memorable gaming experiences ever. If you have a PS3 buy this game, it's as simple as that.
  3. Jun 21, 2011
    God of war III is the game for the brutal greek in all of us. Its graphics are beyond belief. The bosses are each evicerated with ethusiasm and creativity. Though Kratos may not be the most dynamic of characters... the gameplay overides this fact and allows the player to feel ultimately satisfied by the end of the game.
  4. May 20, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Perfect gameplay with brilliant graphics and sound. You'll have very good time going with Kratos arm by arm, sword by sword through mitological world.
  5. Mar 22, 2011
    This game is simply a masterpiece. Anyone who thinks this game is anything less than at least brilliant is a complete simpleton.

Graphics = Stunningly beautiful, amazing lighting, amazing textures, amazing art-style, amazing scale, amazing animations and amazing attention to detail. All that and the use of proper object-based motion-blur, depth of field and fantastic volumetric lighting
    makes this undoubtedly still the best looking console game out now, in fact in my opinion it's the best looking game I've ever seen and I've played all the top rated 'best graphics' games.

Gameplay = The gameplay has been tweaked and perfected from previous games in the GOW series. There's four excellent weapons at your disposal, each with it's own unique combat style to prevent the game feeling repetitive. Gameplay is smooth and responsive and extremely satisfying. GoW III is an astounding gaming experience.

Sound = The orchestral score throughout the game is phenomenal, voice-acting is top notch, enemies/ weapons/ environment all sounds incredible.

God of War III will take around 12 hours to complete, once the single player is done you have the combat arena challenges to play through and you can play custom combat arena games. Theres also hours of videos to watch 'The making of God of War III'. In terms of replayability I've completed it 7 times now, I just can't get enough of this masterpiece of a game. My advice to anyone who owns a PS3 is to get the God of War Collection and God of War III, even if you don't particularly like action adventure/ hack 'n' slash games you will not regret it. The God of War series is some of the best gaming has to offer, God of War III is a mind-blowing masterpiece of a game.
  6. Jun 28, 2011
    God of War III is a absolute masterpiece. Everything about the game is flawless, graphics, sound, story, gameplay, pacing, art style, boss fights are all stunningly amazing... I bought a PS3 just for this game and it was totally worth it. My favourite game of all time.
  7. May 28, 2011
    Without question one of, if not the most defining moments on PS3. The climax to the greatest video game character and boy does he go out in style. This is an epic game. Since the first God of War very few games have ever really reached the heights and for me this game exceeded every expectation I had and is without doubt one of the greatest games ever to grace the playstation. Visually it still remains a stellar and sublime achievement as its easily one of the best looking games out there its just beautiful. Gameplay. Do I really need to say much? You know exactly what your getting. The best there is to offer with your Blades of Exile and new weapons like Claws of Hades and Nemesis whip its so easy to come to terms and addictive as hell. Very few games can draw you in from word go and continue to deliver such a high quality experience but God of War does does with effortlessly. The story is a fitting end for one of gamings ultimate protagonists. Picking up from where GoWII left off Kratos and his initals allies - The Titans storm Mount Olympus in attempt to destroy Zeus and the Olympic Gods. Bloody, gory and violent as hell theres nothing like this out there its in a league of its own. Its a game that very simply deserves to be played by any and every PS3 owner because its a masterpiece and a game that you cannot afford to miss out on. One of the defining moments in what is without question one of the finest gaming achievements to date, probably as closs to perfection you will get if it is to be the final outing for the God of War series. Epic in every sence of the word! Expand
  8. Jun 28, 2011
    This is one of the best games of all time. It's a game where you can tell the developers have passion for it, there's so much heart and soul oozing from this game, everything was done so perfectly that any faults trolls and idiots go on about are just a made up excuse to troll on this game. Anyone rating it below 9.5 is a retarded troll.
  9. Jun 28, 2011
    God of War 3 is bloody fantastic! The graphics are easily the best on console, the musical score and voice acting is pitch perfect, the gameplay is the best in a hack 'n' slash game, story is brilliant. The game took me 13 hours to complete first time, since then i've played through it 7 times, putting over 70 hours into this game! Never gets boring! If you haven't already, go buy this masterpiece! Expand
  10. May 1, 2011
    God of War 3 is the best game I ever played in my life, epic! The opening already shows us the greatness that the title é.Battles against bosses that are a highlight of the game, kill Cronos is something you will be impressed with the perfection of the game, a great boss you get beat by a Kratos is so small his.Gameplay near perfect, the best graphics this generation for me will top Uncharted 2, the extreme brutality, frenetic action from beginning to end, the character Kratos most perfect ever made in detail in a game or games the PC has a character so well mounted so.worth every penny. Expand
  11. Jun 24, 2011
    this game is perfect. 'nuff said.
  12. Jan 6, 2011
    The best game i've played on this generation. The most beautiful graphics on PS3 history. Amazing, compelling, instigative, with a tremendous ending to the history of one of the greatest characters i've ever known or seen in any games, on any platforms. In my opinion, a piece of art.
  13. Mar 11, 2011
    This is a no-brainer- GoW 3 is a must-have game. The visual are phenomenal. I enjoyed the story, was very satisfied with the ending. The gameplay is varied and fun. The boss battles are really good. The best thing I like about this game is the pacing. There's never a dull moment. The puzzle were fun. For someone who hasn't played the previous GoW games, GoW 3 is a good place to start, unless you want to follow the storyline. Buy it!! Expand
  14. Jun 28, 2011
    The franchise that saved the hack 'n' slash action-adventure genre from it's impending doom has concluded, with one of the best games ever made! I fell in love with God of War since the first game, every game in the franchise is better than it's predecessor, God of War III is a masterpiece, can't wait for the next game from Sony Santa Monica a.k.a the best developers ever.
  15. Jun 28, 2011
    One of the best games of all time. Also, the Metascrore should be 93 because Machinima gave GOW3 a 10/10 which is enough to bump it up a point, why wasn't that score added in the first place?!
  16. Apr 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are several reasons why the God of War games are successful: Gore, smooth combat, amazing voice acting/overall sound quality/score, Kratos, graphics, and difficulty. Now what do they do for the sequels? They advance the story (on the psp games backstory), improve graphics, and fix any problems while adding some improvements, and this leads to one of the greatest single-player games of all time in God of War 3. The most a game on max difficulty has killed me is around 30 times (original God of War), when I played THIS game on max difficulty, I died 300 times (no seriously, I counted) on the first boss. THE FIRST BOSS. I loved it. I freaking cheered when I finally beat the first boss, and that's the thing that games should strive for: the feeling of achievement. This game also stepped up in the combat department, with new weapons, improved controls to get your weapons out (the first two games frustrated me whenever I changed the weapons), and changing the locations of quick-timer buttons, as well as adding a BEAUTIFUL abundance of gore. The graphics are jaw-dropping. This is beyond a shadow of a doubt one of the best looking games of all time (behind only Heavy Rain and, based on the trailers, Battlefield 3). The puzzles are complex but one puzzle in particular is just annoying in the musical puzzle. The game only steps it up in the cinematic feel, with the graphics, the always stellar voice acting, and now, scaling the bodies of Titans themselves, especially the Cronus battle, undoubtedly among the greatest boss battles of all time, if for nothing else scale and lack of anticipation, no one saw that coming. So overall, this is, in my opinion, the best game available on the PlayStation 3, one of the best of all time. Expand
  17. Jun 25, 2011
    God of War 3 One of the best game of this generation although it has its problems here and there, but not enough to ruin the fantastic experienced with this game.
  18. Apr 4, 2012
    An amazing finale to an amzing series .All XBOX users must be jealous of this game .all ps3 users must own this game .Great combat System and gameplay .totally deserves a 10/10
  19. Aug 11, 2010
    The vast majority of modern games continually strive for an immersive, interactive-movie experience and with this in mind God of War III is essentially flawless. It is far and away the best action game of this console generation, matching and besting its predecessors for brutal, primeval beauty.
  20. Sep 22, 2010
    This game is a spectacular example of the power of the PS3. It is incredibly detailed in every way and the cut scenes are breathtaking. The scale of the game is huge and is a tough challenge for the best of gamers. The action is none stop and as violent as you like! Contrary to Ironwoody's review, it takes considerable skill to actually play the game and not just "mash" the pad. If you are interested in completing games right through, there is plenty of random trophies to keep you going before you reach Platinum. The bosses range massively and present a whole load of challenges and provide satisfyingly gruesome endings. All in all, I can highly recommend this game but would encourage you to play the first and second games first so you know the story and how it unfolds. The graphics are clearly early PS2 type but they are great games nevertheless. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did Expand
  21. Dec 8, 2010
    Epic. That's the one word I would use to describe God of War III. While all of the past games have succeeded in being great adventures on their own, none of them come close to the sheer scale of the look and battles of God of War III (nor have any looked this good)!
  22. Jun 29, 2011
    The games perfect. I don't understand why some idiots are complaining that it's too similar to GOW2... IT'S PART OF THE SAME GODDAMN SERIES, WHY WOULD THEY DRASTICALLY CHANGE IT FOR NO REASON, IDIOTS!
  23. Jun 29, 2011
    Flawless, epic, beautiful, fun, exciting, entertaining, immersive etc, all words that come to mind when talking about this game. If you own a PS3 get this game, if not then get a PS3 then get this game! I did and it was worth it!
  24. Jun 30, 2011
    This is one of the best games of all time, my personal favourite. It's just so well made, gameplay/graphics/sound are 10/10, and the story is very well written and executed, I love every bit of this 12 hour masterpiece, I shall play it again when I get the time! :P
  25. Dec 22, 2011
    just one thing to say if u hv a ps3 go to the market and buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  26. Nov 17, 2012
    I did not play the previous games, but I did like this game. It's not really those games that make you think, its those games make you escape from thinking, and focus on killings. Everything is good and well made in the game, but it may not be people who dislikes violence.
  27. May 7, 2012
    God of War III is easily one of the best looking games of all time. The amount of detail in the environment and on Kratos is unbelievable. If you own a PS3, this game is a must buy for any casual gamer.
  28. Aug 9, 2012
    God of War III the name itself has great meaning inside that how it would be from inside. I bought my play station 3 recently, about one month ago and this is my first game. I have no words for this it is extremely good. I didn't feel anything wrong. Game play, graphics, story line, camera views, dialogs, characters, expressions while talking, fighting..... every thing is just perfect. I cant give more than 10 least I would give it 100 out of 10. This is my most favorite games. Top of the list. Expand
  29. Aug 22, 2012
    Best first 15 minutes of a game I ever had im my life was in God of War 3, the game is like the predecessors, with astonishing visuals and a lot of brutality and gore, lots of gods to get killing, new perspectives and camera changes in some fights brought the game even closer to the best game i ever played, I just don't give it a 10 because its similar to the predecessors in many ways, but, GoW 1 and 2 were rate 10 games in its times so its well deserved 9. A must have if you own a PS3, and now 2012 you can buy it very cheap, you will not regret it. Expand
  30. Nov 5, 2012
    The graphics are very beautiful, like a pixar job. The history is interesting, but little infant for me. I don´t like this kind of gameplay (only fast hands, don´t think), but its efficient. If you liked Gow 1 and 2, its a great choice.
  31. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is a marvelous masterpiece, the graphics are the best ive ever seen. The gameplay is better than ever, the new combos and new weapons are awesome. Kratos just brutalises all of the gods, one by one they all fall. This is the most brutal, dark, action packed game youll find in the market and it is one of the best games of all time.
  32. Sep 28, 2013
    "God of War III" es totalmente bienvenido a mi lista de juegos preferidos: peleas impresionantes, GRAN diseño de personajes, gráficos de la alta élite, banda sonora épica para prenderte de la mano de Kratos y, de su mano luchar contra sus rotundos y poderosos enemigos que se oponen a su violenta venganza. Un juego que satisface todos tus sentidos, con unas de las imágenes más impresionantes de todos los tiempos en la historia de los videojuegos. Expand
  33. Mar 29, 2014
    The scope and scale of this game is unprecedented with one of the most memorable openings to a video game ever. The combat is fluid the graphics are extraordinary and the bosses are some of the best.
  34. Feb 22, 2014
    This is definitely the best God of War in the series! I loved everything about this game! It is brutal and extremely entertaining! The story concludes the trilogy and it was amazing! The graphics and game play is great! After beating the story I highly recommend beating the challenges!
  35. Nov 3, 2010
    this game looks amazing the graphics are some of the best ive seen . every thing is extremely well detailed . this game is simply brutal in the blood and gore department i dont think ive seen voilance this over the top . i found myself asking myself at the end of this game " is there any one Kratos wont kill?" the boss fights are fantastic . i did find the final battle abit of a let down . it doesnt suck or any thing but compared to some of the other epic boss fights just isnt as good . id also wish they would get rid of the QTE in this game and all others . i like to sit , wach and enjoy some of theese amazing sceens but instead i have to look for button pressing events which are not hard to do but i just wana admire whats going on with out looking for buttons to hit. the combat is just as good as prevous GOW games . the only real anoying parts where when you are flying through the tunnels . if you hit one object expect to hit abunch more because you get blinded abit and have virtauly 0 time to react to dodging the nexts obstical. all in all though its a great game dont think GOW fans will be disapointed . Expand
  36. Nov 22, 2010
    Amazing!This game is so unbelievable.I have a backwards compatible ps3 just to play all of the god of wars.These games really speak for themselves.From the get go it's amazing,no waiting for incredible just the minute you start you say WOW.I'm for great games,I've played all of the Halo's and If I had to chose then I would pick the God of war's.Halo is awsome and They had a good run for 10 years but look what this franchise did in just 5 years.I can't get enough,and I will be playing these 3 games for a long time! Expand
  37. Aug 18, 2010
    With even higher production and technical value attached to the third game in the series, God of War III is certainly a must-buy purchase for the ps3. Simply put, its a beautiful game.
  38. Dec 4, 2010
    god of war 3 is what you think itll be..... gory, violent, and awesome, yes santa monica studios created another god of war game that people will love until the next console release (if there is going to be another console release) god of war 3 is beautiful to look at, fun to play, and you will realize its over before you know thats right even though the game was magnificent it came up to short literally thats why it gets a 9 out of 10 but is still worth the money to go and buy before it goes to the greatest hits. Expand
  39. Nov 12, 2010
    There isn't much more I can say about this game that hasn't already been said. The graphics are phenomenal, the sense of scale is staggering. There are so many moments where you just sit and say "That is the coolest thing I've ever done in a video game". The gameplay is nothing new compared to God of War I and II, but it is refined so well here that it is perfectly smooth and flawless. This was definitely my favourite game of the series because I think that it got the pacing best. This game will go down as one of the showpieces of this console generation. It is a thrilling game, very entertaining to play, and definitely worthy of a perfect 10 score. Expand
  40. Sep 30, 2010
    Hugely cinematic, excellent combat, and the highest production values I've seen. There is some need for innovation to keep this franchise fresh, but it doesn't spoil the experience. If you're an action game fan, get it & love it.
  41. Aug 29, 2010
    I'd give it a 10... absolutely great game, even if it's not much of a change from it's predecessors, it's great fun and addictive to play. graphics are amazing, and cut scenes are incredible....

giving it a 10, Metacritic score is just about right, however uncharted 2 still annoys me being all the way up there.
  42. Sep 1, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 10 marshall

pure and simple A MASTERPIECE OF VIDEOGAME spectacular battles,amazing enemies a great story,magnificeint final bosses,this game is not only the GOTY is also the best game ive play in the last 15 years.
  43. Sep 3, 2010
    There's not much more to say then a masterpiece! I've completed this game a long time ago, and I still go back to the game just to look at the visuals. They are so stunning you can't believe it's actually a game! This game deserves a 11 but the score won't go higher.
  44. Jan 10, 2012
    God of War 3 é uns dos jogos mais sensacionais dessa geração de consoles com um visual gráfico impressionante que é de deixar todos de boquiaberta.A jogabilidade continua ótima é os momentos épicos continua firmes.
  45. Sep 9, 2010
    Epic in its scale, beautiful graphics and visceral gameplay make for one amazing game, though it is a hard blow to think Kratos' legacy ends here. A must buy for PS3 owners.
  46. Apr 17, 2013
    HOLY SHYT!!!! I can't believe all that happened in just one game. I will remember this game when I am 90 years old and on my death bed. It's just so phucking amazing. Amazing is a huge understatement
  47. Oct 2, 2010
    This is certainly a graphical and artistic accomplishment you will be stunned by the battles and how they are crafted and specially floored by how good this game looks. As for combat and animations it's more of the same winning formula used in past GoW games. This game is good and a testament to that is so many modern games copying the style of this game and many of it's aspects.
  48. Dec 13, 2010
    The third god of war game is extremely good even though it might not be as good as the first two games. The graphics and gameplay really stand out as always , I ended up only making use of the cestus and the blades of chaos (obviously) . The other two weopens were too similar, which made them boring. The games length is great for all the action packed into I would have just wanted to spend more time scaling mount olympus (and no not 8 hours like so many say you cant the count game time from the last save). The ending of the game was epic although i still wanted to know what happened to Kratos. Anyway the god of war games are my all time favourite for their gameplay and graphics and this was still an extremely good game.â Expand
  49. Oct 10, 2010
    Graphic, best of the best, damn, first game I have play that have no jaggy at all. Characters model look phenomenal with great details. Gameplay is better than GoW2 and GoW1, but still lack a few things that could have make it much better. Sound and musics, perfect, great voices acting too. The pace isn't that good that was all. I would have give this a 10/10, but its almost the same thing as GoW2.
    9/10.
  50. Mar 5, 2011
    Stig Asmussen did what no one else dared do - he made God of War fun to play. GOW 1 and 2 suffered from tedious set pieces, poor placement of checkpoints, and puzzles that ground the fun and action to a halt. Amsussen did the most obvious thing and removed aspects of the previous games that made them an aggravation. What's left is a title that is a joy to play through and through. Incredible set pieces - check. Outstanding graphics - check. Compelling story - check. Puzzles that don't ruin the flow of the game - check. GOW3 is a celebration of the action-adventure genre. Eagerly awaiting Asmussen's next projects. A remarkable achievement. Expand
  51. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = Pacing issues don't affect the fact that this is one of the greatest action titles to date. One of the best looking as well.
  52. Nov 21, 2010
    All these 360 fanboys need to get off these PS3 reviews. This is truly the best game in the series and it was a graphical beast. With nice 60 fps, this game was among the best looking games ever made. The blood and gore explodes on the screen, and it wraps up the series on a really high note. Lots of diversity in game play and made me not want to stop playing it. GOW3 was the best game of 2010 in my opinion. The long journey was extremely rewarding the farther you went through the game, and the ending was amazing. The only thing i had a problem with was the replay value, but im glad it didn't turn into some lame COD freak out session for n00bs. If you want to get this game, ignore these bad reviews, because they're just a bunch of 360 trolls that are mad that their games can't get higher. Amazing. 10/10 Expand
  53. Dec 10, 2010
    One of the best PS3 games I've played. The gameplay is varied so you don't spend the entire time button bashing and it stays channeling without going overboard. I played it through first time at a lower difficulty than I'd normally go for, but that was due to laziness more than anything. Rest assured, I enjoyed it so much that I will come back and play it through a good few times yet. A few challenges frustrated me slightly and lowered my overall score (such as the musical one, which took me about an hour to get bloody right), but the rest was fantastic. The graphics were also the most impressive I've seen yet. Made me really wish I had something bugger than a 21 inch TV. Expand
  54. Dec 30, 2010
    One of the best games of 2010, and even better than the other prequels of this series. Even by looking at the trailer or game itself, this game is worthy to be one of the nominees of Game of the Year.
  55. Jan 1, 2011
    This is one of the best games I've played on the PS3 and it doesn't require you to be a fan to enjoy all of which the game has to offer. Graphics, sound, and controls are all top notch and with an impressive story the player will enjoy. The only thing keeping me from giving it a ten is the last five minutes of the game I felt did not fit. But as to the 18 hours prior, I was engulfed and didn't want out. Expand
  56. Jan 15, 2011
    Bought today in a buy 3 pay 2 offer and to say truth, it wasnt my first choice of three. After trying Demon's souls, i've tried it and...omg...Its really awesome: a fantastic graphic (even my GF has stopped to watch it for some minutes...incredible), controls easy to understand even for an rpg fan like me :), a gorgeous sound. I've only killed Poseidon till now but can't wait to see what's next. I've tried the 1 & 2 on Ps2 and i wasnt so impressed (bored?) but 3 is a state of the art Well, everyone can kill aliens, zombies, white rabbit and gargoyle, but killing gods it makes feel a real a**whooper. And if these words are coming from a not really action-games fan and x360 owner too, you can trust me. Good game to everyone and sorry for my poor english. Expand
  57. Jan 17, 2011
    I had great hours of entertainment from this then did it all again on a higher difficulty. A game with great graphics, great gameplay and a great story. Overall well worth buying i give it a 9.
  58. Jun 13, 2011
    Wow...Just wow.Having been a fan from the beginning I can say that this is the best and most ambitious GOW.Though the gameplay is identical to the previous titles,that matters little when blown away by the scope of this game.Face melting graphics,brutal hack and slash and pure sexyness make this one to remember.
  59. Jul 10, 2011
    Incredibly powerful, starting with the story, is fantastic and fascinating. The outstanding combat is good, but i thing they could have given more combos and more brutal attacks. The graphics are beautiful, the remarkable environments. The control plays smooth, you need to to yell to your controller to respond. Fighting to the gods makes you feel unstoppable. This is a most own tittle for the PS3 as for inFamous 2 and probably Uncharted. Expand
  60. Oct 18, 2011
    Epic, intense, strong! Wonderful graphics, sensational story and perfect gameplay. Game indispensable for anyone who owns a PS3. Definitely is one of my three favorite games of all time.. KRATOS!
  61. Jul 12, 2011
    This is an absolute masterpiece. Every second of the game will be enjoyable and will not disappoint the player. I recommend that you pick this title up, play, and pass on to a friend, ask for the title back, and play again! It is amazing. The storyline is very engaging, the graphics are spectacular, and the game is genuinely fun! This concludes the Kratos saga and is an intricate part of the entire story that NO ONE should miss out on. Expand
  62. Aug 8, 2011
    This is the best console game for ever!!! Graphics, story, voice acting, action. One of the best gaming experiences to be had bar none. As many have said before it is like playing in a real action movie and if you like action at all you will love this game.
  63. Jun 30, 2011
    I wish the trolls would just leave this game alone, anyone giving the game less than a 10 is a **** simple as that. Also as Matrix01 said, why wasn't Machinima's review score added? This game should be 93/100!!!
  64. Feb 3, 2012
    So immersing. The soundtrack is just amazing. The graphics are the best i have seen on PS3. Gameplay still the same as God of War II but it feels more redefined. Story isn't the best of the franchise. A must play for PS3 haters.
  65. Oct 22, 2012
    I've already beaten God of War III, but some of the levels including challenges are hard to beat. Kratos has gone from Ladies Man to pissing every scum in the universe. Hades, Zeus, and even that backstabbing Athena and Gaia. Best of all, I love God of War III. It's way better than God of War I or II.
  66. Aug 27, 2011
    This is one of the best game I've ever played. Graphics and animations are beyond your imagination. Battles are amazing. Brutal, gore game. Story was nice. Not a difficult game in normal mode. Definitely, you must add it to your collection. I didn't play yet the previous games but I'll definitely get them too.
  67. Sep 21, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game loved every second wish we had of gotten the extended ending a must own for any gamer regardless of system preference! GOW2 is still my favorite but that by no means is a knock on this game!
  68. Sep 16, 2011
    Absolutely amazing visuals, music and blood fighting make this game one of the most intensive and thrilling adventure in all history. of course, it's the end story of Kratos, but i hope there will be next games in this brutal universe.
  69. Sep 25, 2011
    I've been playing games since i was a young boy on my dad's NES. Let me just say that this is a fantastic installment in the epic (and this actually deserves that adjective...i'm not just throwing it around lik everybody else seems to be) story of Kratos. The battles are huge and fun. They require skill and timing (provided you don't play on normal which is actually easy - "easy mode" is for infants). The story is good and we actually feel for Kratos. One of my favorite games of all time. Expand
  70. Nov 17, 2011
  71. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is fantastic. The graphics are incredible. The gameplay is as fantastic as ever. The God of War saga is amazing and this installment is arguably the best one yet.
  72. Nov 11, 2011
    The God of War series is always known for its gore and absolute violence and the epic boss battles that comes with it. God of War III is no different. Its graphics is stunning, from Kratos' skin to the Titans waging war with gods in the background. The combat system is still the same, but with its pacing and some of the little twists that comes in later parts of the game, it avoids feeling repetitive.Although I preferred to have each weapon its own quick time event when killing enemies. With better graphics as well as extremely improved detail, the gore feels more violent and completely awesome. Seeing a centaur's guts wiggling after Kratos slices its stomach is nothing short of amazing. The story however, isn't as good as the first installment. Being the continuation of God of War II there isn't much Santa Monica can add to the story other than killing gods after gods after gods. Most of the boss battles are great, especially the first one and the face off with another popular demigod and a TITAN! God of War III is an epic climax to Kratos' story and an exemplary of technological power. This is a MUST buy. Expand
  73. May 21, 2012
    What a fantastic game! Everything, the graphics, gameplay and the amount of action is amazing. Boss-fights are seriously fun and challenging! You'll never get bored when you play this game! It's just packed with action and immersion. It's one of the best PS3 games out there and one of the reasons why 360 fanboys are butthurt.
  74. Apr 12, 2012
    i know this review is a little late but i picked up god of war 3(me being a ps3 owner just had to pick it up a give it a shot) first thing that im gonna say is that this game is probably one of the best ps3 exclusives Ive played. god of war3 has a great storyline which i thoroughly enjoyed along with over the top action and buckets of blood and gore. i would also like to point out that the bosses in the game are epic and massive on a huge scale. so if you like mythology tons of blood and gore and epic fights by all means pick this game up now. this game gets a 10/10 in my scale for just being so dam fun Expand
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    Es un juego que definitivamente está hecho para ser amado. Si te gusta el gore, violencia, acción, y música de fondo que ambienta las escenas de pelea, de diálogos... te enamoras del juego. Además, lo gráficos son excelentes y la historia es genial; todo lo ideal para dar fin a las series de GOW. Lo máximo! Expand
  76. Nov 16, 2011
    Every ounce of objectivity that I may have had is just going to get thrown out the window when i comes to this franchise. I love God of War games. I love the story, I love the somewhat cheesy architypal characters, I love the gore, but most importantly, I love the gameplay. For those of you who think this game is just button-mashing, go to "New Game" and select a difficulty other than normal or easy and grow a pair of balls. This game is the hardest in the franchise and I mean that it a good way. Beating this game on it's hardest difficulty was a feat that I wish a got a trophy for (as in a physical trophy). The weapons in this game are actually useful and the combos that are possible in this game are fun as all hell. The graphics are also some of the best on the PS3 and can stand next to Uncharted easily. The fact that his game is as big as it is, has somewhat short loading times, manages to keep a steady framerate, and only takes up about 5mb on your harddrive is an absolute techincal marvel. As for the story, this franchise in general has never been Ray Bradbury good, but they are atleast Illiad good. A simple revenge story isn't a bad thing, it's just simple. If there was any problem with this game it is that a few of the character models could be better, especially when you compare them to Kratos. But even on it's worst day the game looks really good. There is also an odd continuity error in the beginning that most people won't get unless they play through the game really fast (like I did) or catch it on their second playthrough. I loved this game and the issues I have with the game are small (really, really small). I can recomend this game to anyone who owns a PS3, but if you have a PS3 and don't already have this game then I have one question for you: Where the **** have you been? Expand
  77. Mar 28, 2012
    I originally played this game back in 2010 but never truly appreciate how graphically beautiful this game is until now. I'm playing this game again after a couple years with my PS3 and some enough gaming experience to begin to appreciate the little details in video game. As of this day Kratos in GOW3 is probably the single best character in terms of graphics I had ever lay my eyes on. The gameplay remain largely the same from the precious two and that's fine with me since the formula worked perfectly. That said I did have some minor annoyance with frequent crashes with the game, I don't know if it's my consoles fault or if I have a faulty disk. In terms of the game there were some minor tweaks from the previous that I find with minor irritation. Nothing that ruin the game but the pacing and feel of the game feel somewhat different in a slightly negative way. You have to be play the previous God of War games numerous times to understand where I'm coming from. Nonetheless its a solid game and I regard it the best hack and slash game of this generation. Expand
  78. Jan 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My first God of War game, and it is simply beautiful. The puzzles are on the simple side however, and I mean extremely simple, but the combat makes up for it! . For some reason I could not finish Dante's Inferno, but I played through God of War in 4 days! . Every chance I had at free time I would play it. It is incredibly gory, with 2 scenes where I literally groaned and turned my head away. Graphics are great as well. I am happy I purchased a ps3 this xmas! Expand
  79. Jan 8, 2012
    God of War III is absolutely beautiful. The game looks better than ever and features some of the most epic boss battles in the GOW trilogy. Though the story is the weakest of the three, it's still an epic adventure worth taking.
  80. Apr 3, 2012
    Alright,so i received this game on the 12th of March,5 days before release(long story) so i have had ample time to play the game so i am going to summarize it in three words:

Epic but flawed

When i popped the disc and started it up, i was expecting over-the-top action,massive scope and all the bloody gore that can be stuffed into one disc,and for the most part this game lives up to
    my expectations.the game is massive and the gameplay and graphics are nothing short of awe-inspiring.

Story: if you have or have not played the previous GoW titles you will be swiftly brought up to speed with the events in the game and the plot is fairly straight-forward. Kratos wants revenge and will stop at nothing to get it, but then again i hardly doubt that the people that are waiting for this are expecting a deep storyline ala Mass Effect 2.

Graphics: in a word,beautiful.the game made my jaw literally drop! problem is,when there is lighting this game really shines and shows what this game can really do,but whoever decided that a mass portion of this game should be placed in the dark,should be lined up against a wall and shot.the game looks just the same in the dark and there is nothing that really stands out,but when this game wants to,it will blow you away.

Gameplay: this is the sole reason why God of War 3 is one of the most anticipated games of the year,maybe even decade.this game yet again sets the bar for hack-and-slashers that all so blatantly copy this great game.The problem? the platforming and puzzles. yes it is a change of pace but this game simply was not designed for climbing and carefully jumping from one platform to another, but really im nitpicking right now.

verdict? it is a great game if you are into hack-and-slashers with a great soundtrack that puts movie scores to shame.if you can overlook slight problems then you are in for a great time and i would definitely recommend this game
  81. Mar 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are no words for this game except, EPIC. The graphics, the music, the story, the bosses, the gameplay did I already say story? It's must play game por PS3 owners. And makes a great end for Kratos story. Expand
  82. Apr 23, 2012
    This is a masterpiece. Graphics, cut-scenes, characters, everything looks and sounds great. The gameplay feeling is really nice, the best on the hack & slash department. The only downside? GoW III is so amazing that in the end you'll feel like the game is very short. Doesn't matter tho, you can't miss this one.
  83. Mar 10, 2012
    this game was the absolute best of its genre. it set the par really high in terms of graphics,set pieces,story telling.... its easily in my top 3 of best games i have played ever.
  84. Apr 12, 2012
    Kratos is even more angry this time around and he's ready to make Mount Olympus pay. This game is one of the definitive reasons to own a PS3. It's also one of the best games this generation. The story is great and the gameplay is packed with the insane amount of violence that God of War is known for. Some of the best boss battles of all time are found within this game as well. Don't call this a button-masher. Try it on Chaos mode and you'll change your mind. If you haven't played this yet, do yourself a favor and pick it up along with the God of War HD Collection. Expand
  85. Apr 23, 2012
    Its game like these that make me love ps3 over xbox. The 360 just does not have the firepower of the exclusives that the ps3 has and god of war is a perfect example of this. This game is one of the best looking games i have ever seen and is also one of the most unique games you'll play. For those of you who do not know the story i will explain without spoiling. You play Kratos who is a former god of war after killing Ares the previous god of war in the first game. You were told by the gods to kill him in return for the ability to forget the moment where you went insane and killed your wife and daughter. Once you kill him you are named the new god of war but Zeus did not keep his word and now its your turn for revenge. The game starts out where you are climbing Mt. Olympus with the living trees where the first god you face is Posiden. At this moment i knew it was going to be a magical game because of the graphics and how the combat was so smooth. This is one of the best storyline based games and always provides a challenge with the Uncharted like riddles and many different types of enemies. The tie into the greek mythology is another reason why i love this game as you are dealing with things that you learned about. It kind of has that history aspect like Assassins Creed and Uncharted, both good storyline based games. Overall it is one of the best games on the ps3 and all i have to say is to xbox fans, its a shame your missing out. Expand
  86. Apr 2, 2012
    I love The God Of War 3 and series!! The day of it's release i bought it. My favorite game of all time, and it deserves that because of it's fantastic game play, graphics and characters are beautiful. The story is also very intriguing :) :)
  87. Apr 3, 2012
    I am gonna say this ones and only ones if you like action games, adventure games, hack and slash, or any type of game like god of war you need to try out this game NOW!!!! It really really really REALLY f###ING FUN it exciting it just too awesome to say it one of my favorite game of all time. I have finished it at least 2 time and about to do it again it that dam good. If your not a fan try it out mostly the first game just play it just try it please. P.S Make god of war 4 please Santa Monica Expand
  88. May 25, 2012
    Brilliant game, everything about this game is world class.

Wasn't a big fan of the last boss fight, but this is the only game on PS3 I've gone back to complete multiple times.
  89. May 18, 2012
    This game was epic. I love the fighting against the larger than life gods. Yes, it's a button smashing game, and can get repetitive, but its still fun as heck. One word can describe this game: EPIC.
  90. Nov 15, 2012
    Excellent game. It has a very good story, great gameplay, it's challenging, and it exceeds expectations for a hack and slash game. The only problem I had with the game is so few boss fights. I thought the minotaur and Ares fights were great and after watching what the studio had to cut out of the game, I kinda feel that they wanted to add more but they didn't have the budget. :(
  91. May 25, 2012
    Not bad the game is hard at parts but god of war is a puzzler game. i guess that's why some people hate this game they are not smart enough to figure it out lol. The bosses are hard too but a walk through can fix that
  92. Jun 9, 2012
    God of War III is the epic conclusion to the God of War trilogy and your ultimate slasher game. With polished relentless combat, the ever-pissed-off main anti-hero Kratos and a plot involving slaying most of the Greek god pantheon, this one will keep you hooked from the epic beginning to the not-so epic (at least imo) end. Graphics are absolutely ground-breaking, I didn't think that PS3's hardware is even able to run those at a stable framerate. Combat hasn't changed much from the previous titles, with you still swinging fiery blades on the chains, but it has some improvements to make it more fluid. The plot may not be anything more than just a link between brutal murder of important Greek mythology characters, but I wouldn't call it "unsatisfying" and it still makes sense. So, if you own a PS3, you must own GoW 3. The end has begun. Expand
  93. Jun 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game through three times and I still love to play it. It is amazing in every way. Graphics, gameplay, boss battles, and story. The graphics are phenominal, especially the opening scene . The gameplay is fun and the story is good, although I had to read up on it more to fully understand it because I haven't played GOW and GOW2. And the boss battles are epic and unique. It was awesome taking down some of Ancient Greek Mythology's biggest Gods, Titans, and creatures, especially the battle with Cronos. If you own a ps3, you HAVE to buy this game. One of the best games on the console. Expand
  94. Jun 16, 2012
    O jogo é simplesmente Perfeito, a franquia em si é a minha predileta para o console da Sony, Kratos é capaz de remover todo o meu stress da semana com apenas alguns botões do joystick, platinei o game em "apenas" dois dias (Sei que algumas pessoas o fizeram em menos tempo), mas ainda hoje sou capaz de me divertir com o game. Mais do que com a grande maioria dos games que tenho e ainda não finalizei. Expand
  95. Jun 28, 2012
    This game is fire! My only serious complaint was that it was almost too manly, and my PS3 leaked testosterone every time I played for more than a few hours at a time. Aside from that, the story is interesting. The puzzles are fun, though not as challenging as those of the previous games. The combat is solid, boss battles are epic, and the environment and character design are absolute eye candy. Kratos is probably the coolest character you can't relate to. He's such a kill happy douche that you can't really feel sorry for him, and at times i feel like I'm playing as the series' villain. He's such a badass though that it's forgivable Expand
  96. Jul 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An epic conclusion to the God of War trilogy, GoWIII picks up exactly where II left off. Krato has finally completely gone off the deep end now that all the Gods and Goddesses are standing in his way, as far as he's concerned. The game takes a few turns plot wise that you won't expect, several that you will, and some twists will take you completely for a spin.

The graphics are beautiful and this might be the best example of what the Playstation 3 is capable of visually, there are few games that really try to come near the console's performance limits. The combos are still just as awesome as they've ever been with a God of War game, some of the weapons/attacks/items you'll gain will be really cool. If you like somewhat bastardized Greek Mythology, any of the other God of War games, or a good hack and slash adventure with a few puzzle elements, then you will definitely like God of War III.

Please play this trilogy in order though to really appreciate that great story telling that Santa Monica Studio provides in these games.
  97. Jul 13, 2012
    Without a doubt, the best game I have ever played and the reason I bought a PS3. I seriously recommend acquiring all the other God of War games in the series before playing this one though, so as to get up to speed with what is going on. The fact that the cutscenes are entirely made from in-game graphics exhibits how confident Santa Monica was that they have indeed achieved something amazing. As with previous entries in the series, this game is bloody, gory, run super-smoothly and features some nice gratuitous nudity. A must get for every gamer. Expand
  98. Sep 17, 2013
    I really enjoyed the whole trilogy. But this one was the best and more challenging. Cool puzzles and battles. To be honest I never liked Kratos and find it hard to accept his story. But it was nice at the end of the day. not bad at all.
  99. Jul 31, 2012
    Epic game. Epic Boss battles. Epic Ending to the trilogy. Epic gameplay. Epic Music. This game have many great moments and the mythology is fascinating.
  100. Jul 30, 2012
    A conclusion to end krato's misery for good in God of war 3 Story- Kratos wants to kill every god so he can claim vengeance for himself. Graphics- A good upgraded graphics in this game but nothing else to talk about. Gameplay- Still retains its awesome, grusome, hack and slash, and challenging puzzles to entertain fans. only new thing is for every enemy that kratos kills all their blood is poured into the outside of kratos body and skins which i was shocked in seeing such pure epic for how many people kratos just so he can cause vegeance in happen.

Overall- God of war 3 does end in a big bang but the story end in a WTF moment where it'll lead you in wondering if santa monica is ever going to continue after god of war 3 which may happen who knows but Kratos will still be our badass who killing many enemies and making the ladies get laid by him.

Final Score- 9.5

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you liked the previous God of War titles, you're going to feel right at home with this one.
  2. But despite God of War III being afraid of flying too close to the sun -lest those carefully crafted wings should melt- the journey is relentlessly exciting; a blistering spectacle told in blood and thunder. Truly epic, then. And I defy anyone to argue with the definition this time around.
  3. God of War 3 is fantastic, and has at least three scenes that are utterly magnificent. Design and gameplay-wise, it's absolutely stunning. The downside is that it doesn't have that clear cut perfection that its predecessor had; the polish shine that brilliantly lit up our eyes when we first enjoyed God of War 2.