• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 16, 2010
8.7

1. Dec 9, 2014
    An epic blood-fuelled (presumable) finale to the Kratos saga. The plot may be a little thin compared to previous installments - it's basically kill all the gods - but the gorgeous graphics and unequalled set pieces are a joy to behold.
  2. Nov 19, 2014
    It should be better. Story line is reduced to the end and a shadow like Athena compare to the previous products. But product play is still amazing and even more.
  3. Sep 20, 2014
    Anyone who badmouths this game is simply put "a hater". This game is beautiful, fun, balanced and a PS3 must have. This is a game that makes 360 owners hate themselves or convinces them to buy a PS3. You will not be dissapointed!
  4. Aug 2, 2014
    10/10. Is there any other way to score this game? No. It's pure perfection. It's Sony's Coup d'etat, the Microsoft killer. God of War 3 is the one title that solidified Sony as the King of Console gaming. First party titles matter and this puts everything Microsoft produces to shame. Stunning graphics, bone-crunching sound, beautiful score, simple controls, killer narrative. This10/10. Is there any other way to score this game? No. It's pure perfection. It's Sony's Coup d'etat, the Microsoft killer. God of War 3 is the one title that solidified Sony as the King of Console gaming. First party titles matter and this puts everything Microsoft produces to shame. Stunning graphics, bone-crunching sound, beautiful score, simple controls, killer narrative. This game is simply perfection. 10/10 Expand
  5. Jun 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As its prequels, this game is godlike too. I enjoyed every part of it, especially boss battles, which are more brutal then ever. It's fascinating how much attention was payed to details of gods butchering.
    Although it's a pure 10, there are some inconsistencies present - for example, why killing Zeus for 2nd time when it was already done in GoW2? Or why do skeletons bleed like pigs when they're made of bones?
    Nevertheless, I'd recommend it to everyone who enjoy detailed brutality, excessive violence and gore, and full action from the beginning up to the end.
  6. May 5, 2014
    God of War 3.
    *NOTE* Theres not much I can say about this game that has not already been said, so I'm just going to give you my feelings on the game. So if you want more in depth information on the game, their are many other reviews out there.
    God of War 3.

So just to get it out of the way the game looks amazing, even today (2014). But as your mom would tell you, looks aren't everything, it's whats inside that counts. So... other then the great production values what does this game have to offer? Well in case you so how didn't know this is a hack and slash game with puzzles mixed in. Their are also quite-a-few quick-time events that happen in boss battles and such which look cool, but you aren't really doing anything. It's more like a somewhat interactive movie which some are quick to criticize but I don't mind it too much. The puzzles are simple for the most part but from time to time you will be going around wondering what your supposed to do. And last but not least the combat. I know I'II get some hate for this but I found the combat rather repetitive. I know theirs "4" different wepions but, their really only variations on the chain-blades. Though the story is half decent, but I wont spoil that for you.
    Overall this is an above adverge game that's enjoyably while it last. Did I forget to mention that the game is only around 7 hours (even thought thats normal now-in-days).
    I give it a 6.5/10, its worth playing through but it in my opinion is not the 9/10 game so people say it is.
  7. Apr 30, 2014
    this is the best god of war game in the series! it is the climax of the story in kratos' goal to kill Zeus, and it is an epic nonstop violent adventure all the way through, with some of the most intense cinamatics and gameplay in video game history. mechanics are the same, but hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it. and there are new cooler weapons in this game compared to the rest of thethis is the best god of war game in the series! it is the climax of the story in kratos' goal to kill Zeus, and it is an epic nonstop violent adventure all the way through, with some of the most intense cinamatics and gameplay in video game history. mechanics are the same, but hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it. and there are new cooler weapons in this game compared to the rest of the games. you are taking out the greatest and most powerful greek gods in history and you feel unstoppable, not to say the game is easy, but it makes you feel so powerful, a feeling that you cant get from any other game at quite the same level. Expand
  8. Mar 29, 2014
    The scope and scale of this game is unprecedented with one of the most memorable openings to a video game ever. The combat is fluid the graphics are extraordinary and the bosses are some of the best.
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    One of the best games for the ps3, and one of the best games in recent gaming generations, period. A work of art. I work on a 10, 5, 0 score. 10 = Id buy for ps3, 5 = Probably wouldnt buy. 0 = Would not buy.
  10. Feb 22, 2014
    This is definitely the best God of War in the series! I loved everything about this game! It is brutal and extremely entertaining! The story concludes the trilogy and it was amazing! The graphics and game play is great! After beating the story I highly recommend beating the challenges!
  11. Feb 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best God of war ever made. The graphics and blood are so cool and it's not boring cause there are lots of bosses. The story of god of war 3 is great but if you know the Greek mitology it gets even better cause you'll understand it even more.
    And the best thing in this game are weapons. You have a lot of weapons and that's why god of war 3 is never boring to play even when you already finished the story.
  12. Feb 8, 2014
    Just perfect in every way.
    Especially like the dynamic and dimensional battle stages on the huge thearchy, which is so epic, so exciting, so fast and so diverse. Controlling Kratos to fleet in these stages makes you fully appreciate his great vigor and god power although he is physically tiny.
    Masterpiece does not need words to boast. Just enjoy.
    A must-play PS3 exclusive.
  13. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 5 out of 10, Graphics: 9 out of 10, Fun: 7 out of 10, Controls: 5 out of 10, Difficulty: 9 out of 10, Length: 9 out of 10, Re-play: 3 out of 10, Value: 5 out of 10
  14. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a very fun game but when you fall in to the underworld and get the blades of exile some moves cant be done but over all i love this action packed game Expand
  15. Jan 31, 2014
    Before I start I have to say that God of War and God of War 2 were and probably still are action games of their time. They had just the right mix of simplistic action thrown into a great setting. If God of War 3 would have came out in PS2 days instead of 2010 while I probably would be more likely to overlook glaring issues that are present in this game. The first and foremost of them isBefore I start I have to say that God of War and God of War 2 were and probably still are action games of their time. They had just the right mix of simplistic action thrown into a great setting. If God of War 3 would have came out in PS2 days instead of 2010 while I probably would be more likely to overlook glaring issues that are present in this game. The first and foremost of them is that apart from graphics the game has not evolved from previous titles and even may have been simplified further in GoW3. The combat itself feel very unresponsive when comparing it with other hack and slash games even not of AAA category like Conan, Sengoku Basara Samurai heroes and Afro Samurai. Not only is it unresponsive but its flow is constantly interrupted by quicklime connected to finishers, counter moves and all the bosses are littered with them instead just letting player fight bosses with weapons of their choice. Since this is a boss heavy title lets talk about bosses. Depending on the difficulty level you can just button mash through all of their attacks or on higher difficulty levels due to inability to cancel combos you can only do 1-2 hits and then wait for boss to do its thing and hope bad camera angle doesn't make you take a hit. Neither of the approaches is very fun. Apart from combat there is platforming and it is terribly executed with atrocious camera angles and jumping technique.
    This GoW game also lacks a story or interesting characters that in some way enhance the experience.
    To me it feels like this game was all about graphic and no substance.
  16. Jan 28, 2014
    God of War III is simply...well, amazing in all aspects. The gameplay is perhaps the best in the series with 4 weapons in all, each suiting the style of a particular player. All though 2 of the weapons are similar to the blades they are still unique in their own way. The rage mode is not that epic as it was in previous games but is still very good due to the amount damage dealt in thatGod of War III is simply...well, amazing in all aspects. The gameplay is perhaps the best in the series with 4 weapons in all, each suiting the style of a particular player. All though 2 of the weapons are similar to the blades they are still unique in their own way. The rage mode is not that epic as it was in previous games but is still very good due to the amount damage dealt in that mode added with the fact that it gives you limited invincibility. Magic is unique to each weapon and is extremely useful in tough situations. The items in this game are also nice to behold. The combos of each weapon are simply exceptional and numerous, giving you a large variety. The Quick Time Events are very enjoyable too. Story is good but at a few times just does not blend in. The graphics will make you stare at the screen with your jaw wide open and each character is so refined in terms of graphical quality that at times you fell like your eyes are going to pop out. Kratos himself has to be graphically the most perfectly designed character in a video game. Overall, the game can simply be called as "The Game Of The Century". Expand
  17. Jan 27, 2014
    God of War 3, is a amazing game, the history begins right at the end of God of War 2. The beginning of the game is spectacular and will not let a second of quiet, the battles with titans and others gods are very fun. The gameplay is the same a others god os war but with more movements. The story has more a surprise, is the epic conclusion the god of war saga. 100% recommended.
  18. Jan 2, 2014
    Simply the best game in the world! Amazing graphics, amazing story, amazing combat, amazing everything! No game is as epic as this one. If I were to scrap out a small complaint it would be that Kratos looks way too realistic while other characters do not, it makes it a little inconsistent. Overall game of the century.
  19. Dec 31, 2013
    I don't know what exactly, but something is missing from this game. But still, if you've played the first two games than this is worth playing. Whatever is missing (or repeated from the previous games), it makes up for it with some epic scenes and nice graphics. Word of advice, don't start the game at hard level.
  20. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, great history, excellent graphics
    I liked the story, although I felt shorter than the previous two, that if there was a lot more action.The battle against some gods felt very easy, even in hard mode is easy the moment, just need to protect yourself well from the blows. Something that looks very silly, was the ease of movement to get to meet the other gods of Olympus, compared with earlier took forever to get to meet a senior chief.
    The game looks great graphically, detailed scenarios are very beautiful I like the brightness of the scenarios. In the action scenes it shows exactly what was done by Santa Monica, killing any enemies all the blood left in the body of Kratos, as there is nothing remarkable graphics to criticize, and they did a great job.
  21. Nov 22, 2013
    in terms of graphics and detailing God of War III is the best ever game i had ever played. felt like i'm indeed fighting in a spartan war. the introduction of new mythical creatures new combat system was expected. the only downfall titan mode was the easiest as they left 1 move which made you untouchable which made titan mode easy. and the challenges was real easy based on graphics cutin terms of graphics and detailing God of War III is the best ever game i had ever played. felt like i'm indeed fighting in a spartan war. the introduction of new mythical creatures new combat system was expected. the only downfall titan mode was the easiest as they left 1 move which made you untouchable which made titan mode easy. and the challenges was real easy based on graphics cut scenes and game play it lived upto my expectation so 9 is prefect Expand
  22. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is fantastic. The graphics are incredible. The gameplay is as fantastic as ever. The God of War saga is amazing and this installment is arguably the best one yet.
  23. Nov 20, 2013
    this game is the best on all the god of war series,it is almost the same as god of war 2 but with amazing graphics and with a biggest world.this game was one of the best for playstation 3.
  24. Nov 19, 2013
    Uno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3,no tiene rival en este modo y sin duda es imprescindible tenerlo apra la consola ps3,aunque no te guste este genero el juego te encantara,un modo historia brutal,una ambetacion bestial y un doblaje soberbio para una trama sin igual,su puntuacion son estas: Jugabilidad: 9 Tecnologia: 9 Graficos:9 Sonido:10 Innovacion:8 Bueno espero os haya servidoUno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3,no tiene rival en este modo y sin duda es imprescindible tenerlo apra la consola ps3,aunque no te guste este genero el juego te encantara,un modo historia brutal,una ambetacion bestial y un doblaje soberbio para una trama sin igual,su puntuacion son estas: Jugabilidad: 9 Tecnologia: 9 Graficos:9 Sonido:10 Innovacion:8 Bueno espero os haya servido este analisis para daros cuenta de que este juego lo tienes que tener si o si y haberlo jugado minimo una vez Expand
  25. Oct 31, 2013
    It's an amazing hack'n'slash game, feels great, looks great ans is a lot of fun.
    Not much to say about this game, only one word and that is: Masterpiece
  26. Oct 14, 2013
    o jogo traz tudo que o god 1 e 2 trouce e melhora infinitamente adicionando alguns poucos elementos novos os graficos sao impressionantes para o ano lançado e ate hoje impressiona a historia e excelente talvez em exceção pelo seu final mas ae vem do gosto de cada pessoa a jogabilidade continua extremamente parecida ,alias um ponto um pouco negativo no game sao 3 armas secundariaso jogo traz tudo que o god 1 e 2 trouce e melhora infinitamente adicionando alguns poucos elementos novos os graficos sao impressionantes para o ano lançado e ate hoje impressiona a historia e excelente talvez em exceção pelo seu final mas ae vem do gosto de cada pessoa a jogabilidade continua extremamente parecida ,alias um ponto um pouco negativo no game sao 3 armas secundarias que se parecem muito com a arma principal nao alterando muito nos combos durante a jogatina vai ter momentos especiais que a jogabilidade vai se modificar ao situação durante um pequeno tempo mas o destaque realmente e as lutas contra os chefes que são impressionantes Expand
  27. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I hate to see all the gods being slaughtered but it's just plain addicitive. I find it strange to be playing a character I find highly unlikable but that doesn't hinder me from enjoying the game. It's a hack-slash action of a different kind and there is barely any time for calm moments. It's brutal fun and a very interesting way of explaining how the gods of Greek mythology are no longer around. Expand
  28. Oct 8, 2013
    I could say this is a god of war 2 game(ignoring the storyline) cos of the same fighting styles. nevertheless, gOW 3 still makes a great game. Wonderful storyline and epic graphics(the blood spill wasn't realistic at all)
  29. Oct 2, 2013
    This game truly is a masterpiece from start to finish from the very first scene you can see how much time and hard work santa monica put in to this game and it now has come and being one of the best games ive ever played. So lets break it down the graphics are mesmerizing and a solid 5/5 because the textures are awesome the lighting is great and the bbody design is outstanding. TheThis game truly is a masterpiece from start to finish from the very first scene you can see how much time and hard work santa monica put in to this game and it now has come and being one of the best games ive ever played. So lets break it down the graphics are mesmerizing and a solid 5/5 because the textures are awesome the lighting is great and the bbody design is outstanding. The gameplay is also outstanding, while they dont broing really anything new to the combat and gamplay they do perfect and make it better than its predeccesors.So overall as you can guess i am giving this game a solid 10/10 and is the new benchmark for action titles. Expand
  30. Sep 28, 2013
    "God of War III" es totalmente bienvenido a mi lista de juegos preferidos: peleas impresionantes, GRAN diseño de personajes, gráficos de la alta élite, banda sonora épica para prenderte de la mano de Kratos y, de su mano luchar contra sus rotundos y poderosos enemigos que se oponen a su violenta venganza. Un juego que satisface todos tus sentidos, con unas de las imágenes más"God of War III" es totalmente bienvenido a mi lista de juegos preferidos: peleas impresionantes, GRAN diseño de personajes, gráficos de la alta élite, banda sonora épica para prenderte de la mano de Kratos y, de su mano luchar contra sus rotundos y poderosos enemigos que se oponen a su violenta venganza. Un juego que satisface todos tus sentidos, con unas de las imágenes más impresionantes de todos los tiempos en la historia de los videojuegos. Expand
  31. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is a marvelous masterpiece, the graphics are the best ive ever seen. The gameplay is better than ever, the new combos and new weapons are awesome. Kratos just brutalises all of the gods, one by one they all fall. This is the most brutal, dark, action packed game youll find in the market and it is one of the best games of all time.
  32. Sep 17, 2013
    I really enjoyed the whole trilogy. But this one was the best and more challenging. Cool puzzles and battles. To be honest I never liked Kratos and find it hard to accept his story. But it was nice at the end of the day. not bad at all.
  33. Aug 30, 2013
    god of war III meeting, which was one of the best games released for time so far, because all the people who played the ps2 look forward to the output of that and it was the best thing since surpassed graphic and the story was best
  34. ERB
    Aug 2, 2013
    An epic game!One of the best games ever made.Game play is bloodily cool and story is epic!Killing all the gods is so awesome.I advise you to get out of house and try buying this game and play It at home.
  35. Jul 19, 2013
    First of all the actual score i wanted to give is something like 9.25, but this stupid site has ratings that go by ones. This is an excellent hack and slash adventure game. Make no mistake this is a god of war game, so god of war players should feel right at home. This is my first game that i got a platinum in, and i've played this game like 8 times and it's definitely one of myFirst of all the actual score i wanted to give is something like 9.25, but this stupid site has ratings that go by ones. This is an excellent hack and slash adventure game. Make no mistake this is a god of war game, so god of war players should feel right at home. This is my first game that i got a platinum in, and i've played this game like 8 times and it's definitely one of my favourites. Also this is my first god of war game, but at the time i am writing this review i have played all the games in the franchise, both psp and PS3.

The graphics in this game are just phenomenal at the time this game was released in 2010. My sole reason to get the PS3 was to get this game after seeing some gameplay at E3 2009. The only other console game that looks just as impressive is Uncharted 2 Among thieves. Kratos is probably the most badass looking video game character ever lol.

The story isn't as tight as the previous ones, especially God of War 2 which i think has the best story. It's pretty much a game where you are angry all the time and kill a lot of greek gods, which i have no problem with. I mean the fight with poseidon in the beginning just shocked me. So much adrenaline was pumping through my body when playing the first 30 mins. Also the sudden relationship that forms with kratos and pandora is somewhat weird. Also this game is shorter than the previous ones. An extra hour could have been used to form a tighter father daughter relationship with pandora, just saying. I wish there were more gods and demigods to fight to make the game atleast 1-2 hrs longer. My favourite was the hercules battles. DAMN that music was heart pounding.

As mentioned before the music was both epic and eerie at times especially at hades underworld area.

Gameplay is pretty much god of war, and i love the fact that each weapon associates a magic power and there is quick switching to other weapons with the d-pad. What i dont like is that only the cestus is different, and the other 3 weapons are pretty much similar when using them. The Bow is awesome and i just spamming the bow. I wish there were more weapons like in god of war 2

All in all this is definitely an experience that you wont want to miss on the PS3. Its a game worthy of the gods lol.
  36. Jun 28, 2013
    Calling this game a huge disappointment is putting it mildly. As someone who's a big fan of all the previous God of War games I went into this game fully expecting to love it. It's the same formula the series has been using since the first game, just without all of the awesomeness that made those games so great to play. There are some thrills here and there and the combat is suitablyCalling this game a huge disappointment is putting it mildly. As someone who's a big fan of all the previous God of War games I went into this game fully expecting to love it. It's the same formula the series has been using since the first game, just without all of the awesomeness that made those games so great to play. There are some thrills here and there and the combat is suitably entertaining, but what makes GOW 3 so disappointing is that where the previous games were epic and raised the bar for action games, GOW 3 is just average and feels like another face in the crowd. The game looks gorgeous, three years later and this is still one of the PS3's best looking titles, and the soundtrack is fantastic. The story takes a hit this time around by making Kratos a much less likable character. I was able to sympathize and support Kratos' motives in previous GOW games, but after watching Kratos butcher innocent people who had nothing to do with his conflict I began to like the character less and less. He manages to have a few redeeming moments near the end, but I still wouldn't call him a likable character after this game. The story still has some cool moments, especially when it references all the other GOW games (even the PSP titles!). It's not a bad game, just a dull one. It's a disappointing conclusion to a fantastic series because while the other games are amazing this one manages to just be passable experience because it lacks the fun that previous GOW titles have brought. Expand
  37. Jun 27, 2013
    "Legendary" is the only way to describe this game. Kratos and his quest are bloody and beautiful from start to finish, not to mention this game has some of the best boss battles ever.
  38. Jun 16, 2013
    what we've all waited for the third part that i've been waiting for a long time and it is pretty damn good this may be the best action game that you'll ever play in your life
  39. May 31, 2013
    Bloody, gory, graphic, crazy, and stunning! God of War III is an absolute BLAST! The graphics are great, controls (while the same) are solid still, the story is flawless, and the boss fights are an OMG CRAZY scale! I hope the franchise will never end!
  40. May 21, 2013
    I'm a GoW fan but this game make me a little sad. Have a great story but you get to the end too fast! Btw, this end sucks... I hoped for a better ending.
  41. May 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The way you Poseidon up at the beginning of the game is phenomenal.. The best in the franchise (including Ascension) and Santa Monica has easily elevated to the elite class of game making. Expand
  42. May 1, 2013
    One word that best describes God of War 3, EPIC. This game has the most fun and satisfying combat ever and moments which will make your jaw drop at the sheer spectacle of whats happening on screen. The graphics are awesome just like the environments and you can't deny that Kratos is the ultimate badass. The boss fights are the best part of this game with the Cronos fight ranking as one ofOne word that best describes God of War 3, EPIC. This game has the most fun and satisfying combat ever and moments which will make your jaw drop at the sheer spectacle of whats happening on screen. The graphics are awesome just like the environments and you can't deny that Kratos is the ultimate badass. The boss fights are the best part of this game with the Cronos fight ranking as one of my favourite video game fights ever! Truly a great game Expand
  43. Apr 27, 2013
    Perhaps one of the most over-priced games. Let's start with the pros: Excellent graphics; Excellent management. It is a pity, because this end pros and cons of starting: The game is incredibly dull and boring; No action, all the action is very slow (it slashers!) The story is idiotic, like her characters, trying to understand someone's motives and seek logic useless. Fixed camera is just aPerhaps one of the most over-priced games. Let's start with the pros: Excellent graphics; Excellent management. It is a pity, because this end pros and cons of starting: The game is incredibly dull and boring; No action, all the action is very slow (it slashers!) The story is idiotic, like her characters, trying to understand someone's motives and seek logic useless. Fixed camera is just a shame; Quick Time Events is only hatred, in heavy rain, and it's done to the place and a lot to think over. Game from Santa Monica for kids who like violence in games, because the game has nothing more to offer.
    Prior to DmC, Bayonetta, Blades of Time and others, it has still a long way, it is unlikely Santa Monica ever be able to make a quality slashers.
  44. Apr 19, 2013
    Best hack and slash ever i love this game is so gory and fun you have no idea until you play it, the graphics are amazing and the bosses are just unbelievable
  45. Apr 17, 2013
    HOLY SHYT!!!! I can't believe all that happened in just one game. I will remember this game when I am 90 years old and on my death bed. It's just so phucking amazing. Amazing is a huge understatement
  46. Apr 16, 2013
    this game hands down has the best graphics I have ever seen on the ps3 everything looks stunning the combat is fun but on harder difficulties its tough as nails
  47. Mar 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are no words for this game except, EPIC. The graphics, the music, the story, the bosses, the gameplay did I already say story? It's must play game por PS3 owners. And makes a great end for Kratos story. Expand
  48. Mar 19, 2013
    Everyone loves God of War III. Everyone but me. Sure, the game looks beautiful and has a fairly interesting tale to tell, so I can partially understand why people rave about it. Unfortunately, the simplistic button mashing gameplay, ultra-linear environments and truly awful jumping mechanics are harder to lend praise to. God of War III was a game that I just couldn't muster much passionEveryone loves God of War III. Everyone but me. Sure, the game looks beautiful and has a fairly interesting tale to tell, so I can partially understand why people rave about it. Unfortunately, the simplistic button mashing gameplay, ultra-linear environments and truly awful jumping mechanics are harder to lend praise to. God of War III was a game that I just couldn't muster much passion for and ultimately had no fun with. Despite an entire decade separating the two titles, I would still much rather play the original Soul Reaver than God of War III. Expand
  49. Mar 18, 2013
    I love God of War games since the starting of the saga. God of War 3 is one of the best games of Play Station 3 and probably is the best of the saga.
  50. Mar 6, 2013
    God of War is back and the superior gameplay is as great as ever. The story keeps going downhill but it is still very decent. It's the best action game on the PS3 so I wanted to give it a 10 but I decided to give a 9 because God of War I has a better story and God of War II has better gameplay (boss battles). Kratos was a great character in the first game, but now he is becoming aGod of War is back and the superior gameplay is as great as ever. The story keeps going downhill but it is still very decent. It's the best action game on the PS3 so I wanted to give it a 10 but I decided to give a 9 because God of War I has a better story and God of War II has better gameplay (boss battles). Kratos was a great character in the first game, but now he is becoming a caricature of himself. It's getting more diffcult to take him seriously. The game is still great though. If you like this genre then you'll love this game because it's simply one of the best in the genre. Expand
  51. Mar 3, 2013
    let me start by saying this game is awsome having been a fan of the series since its inception i was excited to see what they could do with the ps3s power i was disappointed this game runs amazingly with some absolutly stunnig graphics. the story continues kratos journey of revenge and what fun it is killing gods has neverbeen so much fun a must buy for any ps3 owner
  52. Dec 28, 2012
    God of War III is an immensely satisfying, epic close to an outstanding series. The story could not have been better. The scale and grandeur of previous God of War games is still there as you are thrown in the most unlikely and exciting situations imaginable. The music is also noteworthy; it is so excellent as to make the entire game better and enhance the atmosphere distinctively. MyGod of War III is an immensely satisfying, epic close to an outstanding series. The story could not have been better. The scale and grandeur of previous God of War games is still there as you are thrown in the most unlikely and exciting situations imaginable. The music is also noteworthy; it is so excellent as to make the entire game better and enhance the atmosphere distinctively. My biggest concern with the game, however, is that the gameplay is literally identical to the previous two. For that reason, and although God of War III might even be the best in the trilogy, I haven't had as much fun as I had with the first and second. As a series God of War is unique, but every one of its iterations is the same. Combined with the simple and linear gameplay inherent in the GOW series, the third deserves an 8. Expand
  53. Dec 11, 2012
    This is a hard one to review. It has been a while since I have played it, I think I beat it in December 2010, but I remember being disappointed. Now, I am a huge God of War fan, I remember following the first one before it ever came out watching all the videos from e3, and loved twisted metal, so I had high hope for the first game, and it absolutely blew me away, The second game was theThis is a hard one to review. It has been a while since I have played it, I think I beat it in December 2010, but I remember being disappointed. Now, I am a huge God of War fan, I remember following the first one before it ever came out watching all the videos from e3, and loved twisted metal, so I had high hope for the first game, and it absolutely blew me away, The second game was the first game I actually beat completely and It exceeded my even higher exceptions that I had had from playing the first game. Then I played the PSP chains of olympus and loved it, and was amazed at how well it was for the limitation of the PSP, but still thought it was an enjoyable game.

Now finally for GOW 3, this game is epic, and is GOW, but some where some things that should out to me that kept this game from being what the other ones are. First off I loved how they made changes to the basic formula, the magic for instance is better used and the addition of an action bar for ranged weapons like the bow was a smart move because I hardly ever used it in GOW 2 because it used my magic and I preferred other things. There are numerous other small additions as well like charging into solders and grabbing them while running, and climbing a cyclops attacking, it is all additions to help perfect the combat. Now what I felt disappointed about was the color scheme, which was dark the whole way through, which granted did fit the story but to me I got kind of old. The aerial Labyrinth: the prison of Pandora and Daedalus was especially dark I thought and just could have been more impressive with more color to the art. The vistas were limited or the same one was used, ( the one where the option to look ), and the whole game felt kinda small. This is hard to describe but it was felt especially since that is a lot of backtracking in the game it became more of an almost open world game of sorts where you had one big level and smaller levels in between that you would go to and would eventually go back to. Now this will be misleading to those who haven't played the game but it makes sense to me. Anyways so to me it made the whole game feel smaller and one part in particular that I thought would have been awesome was when you are climbing from the bottom of the chain to get to the top you start climbing and then it blacks out and you appear on top, This makes sense because you probably would have spent like 1 hour climbing the dang thing, But to me it would have been absolutely amazing and probably would have fixed the Epic feel for me to see the camera zoom all the way out so you could see the levels at the bottom of the chain, and the levels that are above the chain and then the camera zoom in and you would be on he top. That would have been epic, but I guess that is a technical impossibility. All in all this is a great game, I also loved how there were times where it was slower and you finally got to really meet different characters like the blacksmith for example, and this game is an obvious for anyone who is on the fence but I wanted to be a little more picky to help those thinking about making a new one.

All in all the graphics are amazing, the combat is truly perfect now, but the overall darkness of it all, and I don't even mean just the dark feeling but lack of lighting along with the use of it all being felt like it was all in the same level, didn't help me feel like I was in another kratos adventure like the others.
  54. Dec 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. EPIC. With a capital AWESOME. I love mythology and I love video games, particularly video games with a lot of action and violence (coupled with a compelling and interesting story of course). What does God of War III have? You guessed it. Mythology, violence, and a story. The first two games were really a joy, and I loved them, but to end the series they really went to epic and divine proportions. I mean, what other game has you taking on Mt. Olympus and the gods of Greek Mythology???? AND KILLING THEM. BRUTALLY. Every time Kratos took out a god, I wanted the Mortal Kombat voice to state "FATALITY". I definitely took great pleasure in the fact that Kratos' badassedness (yes that's a word) culminated with the killing of the mightiest of all gods, Zeus himself. The fact that the team stayed true to the powers, appearance, and character of the gods appealed to my love for mythology. And the way they are killed is also believable actually. Amazing visuals, fantastic fight scenes (particularly the boss fights against the gods of course), and the only downside is that you eventually run out of gods to kill. Sadface. The pacing is well done too, you definitely feel like you're progressing up the mountain instead of jumping to different "levels" as most games make you do. Buy this game if you don't have it, and play it to your heart's content. Then once you're done, and whenever you feel like letting off a little steam and take out someone supposedly more powerful than you, pop this game in and bring Mt. Olympus to its knees. Expand
  55. Nov 29, 2012
    God of War still with his maximum strength, the main character always strong releasing his fury on his enemies. The cinematographic scene were great, nice dialogue, epic music, giant bosses (literally), a perfect 10.
  56. Nov 17, 2012
    I did not play the previous games, but I did like this game. It's not really those games that make you think, its those games make you escape from thinking, and focus on killings. Everything is good and well made in the game, but it may not be people who dislikes violence.
  57. Nov 15, 2012
    Excellent game. It has a very good story, great gameplay, it's challenging, and it exceeds expectations for a hack and slash game. The only problem I had with the game is so few boss fights. I thought the minotaur and Ares fights were great and after watching what the studio had to cut out of the game, I kinda feel that they wanted to add more but they didn't have the budget. :(
  58. Nov 5, 2012
    The graphics are very beautiful, like a pixar job. The history is interesting, but little infant for me. I don´t like this kind of gameplay (only fast hands, don´t think), but its efficient. If you liked Gow 1 and 2, its a great choice.
  59. Nov 3, 2012
    Played God Of War III again and simply it is brilliant in every way. This game really deserves a 10 IMO and it stays comfortably in my game collection. Brutality is the theme of the series. I wonder what the 4th installment will be like. Hah hah.
  60. Oct 28, 2012
    Ended it yesterday. What a game! Brutal, gory and completely satisfying! Never the less it's a linear adventure not much to my liking. The linearity not the adventure. The quick time events are also a pain in the a.. but all the rest is just to good and satisfying so who cares? God of War III rocks and Kratos is the ultimate bad ass.
  61. Oct 22, 2012
    I've already beaten God of War III, but some of the levels including challenges are hard to beat. Kratos has gone from Ladies Man to pissing every scum in the universe. Hades, Zeus, and even that backstabbing Athena and Gaia. Best of all, I love God of War III. It's way better than God of War I or II.
  62. Oct 6, 2012
    The graphics of the characters and scenarios is at its best and not spoiled by any technical shortcomings. Kratos brings an action-adventure of the superclass.
  63. Oct 1, 2012
    Sure, it looks and sounds amazing but I just think this is a really poor action game. The combat is dull, no matter how amazing it looks. The camera is really quite frustrating and I just don't care for the story. A very overhyped, but very mediocre action game.
  64. Sep 20, 2012
    (Translate from Portuguese into English)Melhor jogo que já joguei até hoje,do começo ao fim empolgante,gráficos de ponta,trilha sonora perfeita,jogabilidade idem,chefes dignos da grandiosidade do jogo,derrotar Chronos foi uma das lutas mais épicas que já vi em um jogo,valeu cada centavo,a cada jogo novo do espartano Kratos ele se supera ,só(Translate from Portuguese into English)Melhor jogo que já joguei até hoje,do começo ao fim empolgante,gráficos de ponta,trilha sonora perfeita,jogabilidade idem,chefes dignos da grandiosidade do jogo,derrotar Chronos foi uma das lutas mais épicas que já vi em um jogo,valeu cada centavo,a cada jogo novo do espartano Kratos ele se supera ,só poderia ser um pouco maior o jogo,mas mesmo assim ele compensa em muitos outros aspectos.Kratos neste jogo não perdoa nada que entre em seu caminho.Épico o define. Expand
  65. Sep 17, 2012
    God of War III masters the following: Graphics, Story, and from time to time gameplay. The game was kinda
    short I thought but still is a masterpiece. I'm though I didn't spend $60 on this game because I would have felt unsatisfied.
  66. Aug 22, 2012
    Best first 15 minutes of a game I ever had im my life was in God of War 3, the game is like the predecessors, with astonishing visuals and a lot of brutality and gore, lots of gods to get killing, new perspectives and camera changes in some fights brought the game even closer to the best game i ever played, I just don't give it a 10 because its similar to the predecessors in many ways,Best first 15 minutes of a game I ever had im my life was in God of War 3, the game is like the predecessors, with astonishing visuals and a lot of brutality and gore, lots of gods to get killing, new perspectives and camera changes in some fights brought the game even closer to the best game i ever played, I just don't give it a 10 because its similar to the predecessors in many ways, but, GoW 1 and 2 were rate 10 games in its times so its well deserved 9. A must have if you own a PS3, and now 2012 you can buy it very cheap, you will not regret it. Expand
  67. Aug 9, 2012
    God of War III the name itself has great meaning inside that how it would be from inside. I bought my play station 3 recently, about one month ago and this is my first game. I have no words for this it is extremely good. I didn't feel anything wrong. Game play, graphics, story line, camera views, dialogs, characters, expressions while talking, fighting..... every thing is just perfect. IGod of War III the name itself has great meaning inside that how it would be from inside. I bought my play station 3 recently, about one month ago and this is my first game. I have no words for this it is extremely good. I didn't feel anything wrong. Game play, graphics, story line, camera views, dialogs, characters, expressions while talking, fighting..... every thing is just perfect. I cant give more than 10 least I would give it 100 out of 10. This is my most favorite games. Top of the list. Expand
  68. Aug 7, 2012
    This game is oh so close to a 10. If I had to put an extra decimal in there I'd have it as a 9.4, so just not quite enough to round up to that next number. Either way, this is a plain awesome game. It looks great, especially if you play it right after playing the first two in the series, the difference really shows what the PS3 is capable of over the PS2, as it very well should. It's stillThis game is oh so close to a 10. If I had to put an extra decimal in there I'd have it as a 9.4, so just not quite enough to round up to that next number. Either way, this is a plain awesome game. It looks great, especially if you play it right after playing the first two in the series, the difference really shows what the PS3 is capable of over the PS2, as it very well should. It's still a fun thing to do. The controls and overall gameplay for this game are not much different than the rest of the series. It's easy to play, and the difficulty levels are actually very well done. If you're more of a person who just wants to mash, the easy level is right for you. If you're someone who likes to incorporate more strategy, then playing on a higher difficulty will make you happy. The story for this game is nothing short of epic as well. As for the gore and nudity, I'm not someone who will be swung either way by that stuff, I've been out of high school for over a decade, I don't automatically associate either of those things with coolness anymore.

As a whole this is a great game. I had a lot of fun throughout playing this game. There was not a single dull moment throughout. This is a game that will clearly be seen as one of the better games throughout this generation, if not an all time great itself.
  69. Jul 31, 2012
    Epic game. Epic Boss battles. Epic Ending to the trilogy. Epic gameplay. Epic Music. This game have many great moments and the mythology is fascinating.
  70. Jul 30, 2012
    A conclusion to end krato's misery for good in God of war 3

Story- Kratos wants to kill every god so he can claim vengeance for himself. Graphics- A good upgraded graphics in this game but nothing else to talk about. Gameplay- Still retains its awesome, grusome, hack and slash, and challenging puzzles to entertain fans. only new thing is for every enemy that kratos kills all their
    A conclusion to end krato's misery for good in God of war 3

Story- Kratos wants to kill every god so he can claim vengeance for himself.

Graphics- A good upgraded graphics in this game but nothing else to talk about.

Gameplay- Still retains its awesome, grusome, hack and slash, and challenging puzzles to entertain fans. only new thing is for every enemy that kratos kills all their blood is poured into the outside of kratos body and skins which i was shocked in seeing such pure epic for how many people kratos just so he can cause vegeance in happen.

Overall- God of war 3 does end in a big bang but the story end in a WTF moment where it'll lead you in wondering if santa monica is ever going to continue after god of war 3 which may happen who knows but Kratos will still be our badass who killing many enemies and making the ladies get laid by him.

Final Score- 9.5
  71. Jul 23, 2012
    This review is written by somebody that has played GOW 1 and 2 and I'm being 100 truthful in this review.
    This game is dated, it's everything we hate in game today, button mashing, quick time events and lots of just stupid mini puzzles and confusing level design + fixed camera.
    Yes it is epic at times, but in the end you'll just spend most of the game mad at all the problems, and most epic moment you wont even be able to enjoy because they are quick time events, so you'll just be looking at the little markers on the extremes of the screen.
    I wish I'd never bought it, I only got it to see how it ended.
    For me this was a true Greek tragedy. 4/10
  72. Jul 13, 2012
    Without a doubt, the best game I have ever played and the reason I bought a PS3. I seriously recommend acquiring all the other God of War games in the series before playing this one though, so as to get up to speed with what is going on. The fact that the cutscenes are entirely made from in-game graphics exhibits how confident Santa Monica was that they have indeed achieved somethingWithout a doubt, the best game I have ever played and the reason I bought a PS3. I seriously recommend acquiring all the other God of War games in the series before playing this one though, so as to get up to speed with what is going on. The fact that the cutscenes are entirely made from in-game graphics exhibits how confident Santa Monica was that they have indeed achieved something amazing. As with previous entries in the series, this game is bloody, gory, run super-smoothly and features some nice gratuitous nudity. A must get for every gamer. Expand
  73. Jul 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An epic conclusion to the God of War trilogy, GoWIII picks up exactly where II left off. Krato has finally completely gone off the deep end now that all the Gods and Goddesses are standing in his way, as far as he's concerned. The game takes a few turns plot wise that you won't expect, several that you will, and some twists will take you completely for a spin.

The graphics are beautiful and this might be the best example of what the Playstation 3 is capable of visually, there are few games that really try to come near the console's performance limits. The combos are still just as awesome as they've ever been with a God of War game, some of the weapons/attacks/items you'll gain will be really cool. If you like somewhat bastardized Greek Mythology, any of the other God of War games, or a good hack and slash adventure with a few puzzle elements, then you will definitely like God of War III.

Please play this trilogy in order though to really appreciate that great story telling that Santa Monica Studio provides in these games.
  74. Jun 28, 2012
    This game is fire! My only serious complaint was that it was almost too manly, and my PS3 leaked testosterone every time I played for more than a few hours at a time. Aside from that, the story is interesting. The puzzles are fun, though not as challenging as those of the previous games. The combat is solid, boss battles are epic, and the environment and character design are absolute eyeThis game is fire! My only serious complaint was that it was almost too manly, and my PS3 leaked testosterone every time I played for more than a few hours at a time. Aside from that, the story is interesting. The puzzles are fun, though not as challenging as those of the previous games. The combat is solid, boss battles are epic, and the environment and character design are absolute eye candy. Kratos is probably the coolest character you can't relate to. He's such a kill happy douche that you can't really feel sorry for him, and at times i feel like I'm playing as the series' villain. He's such a badass though that it's forgivable Expand
  75. Jun 16, 2012
    O jogo é simplesmente Perfeito, a franquia em si é a minha predileta para o console da Sony, Kratos é capaz de remover todo o meu stress da semana com apenas alguns botões do joystick, platinei o game em "apenas" dois dias (Sei que algumas pessoas o fizeram em menos tempo), mas ainda hoje sou capaz de me divertir com o game. Mais do que com a grande maioria dosO jogo é simplesmente Perfeito, a franquia em si é a minha predileta para o console da Sony, Kratos é capaz de remover todo o meu stress da semana com apenas alguns botões do joystick, platinei o game em "apenas" dois dias (Sei que algumas pessoas o fizeram em menos tempo), mas ainda hoje sou capaz de me divertir com o game. Mais do que com a grande maioria dos games que tenho e ainda não finalizei. Expand
  76. Jun 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game through three times and I still love to play it. It is amazing in every way. Graphics, gameplay, boss battles, and story. The graphics are phenominal, especially the opening scene . The gameplay is fun and the story is good, although I had to read up on it more to fully understand it because I haven't played GOW and GOW2. And the boss battles are epic and unique. It was awesome taking down some of Ancient Greek Mythology's biggest Gods, Titans, and creatures, especially the battle with Cronos. If you own a ps3, you HAVE to buy this game. One of the best games on the console. Expand
  77. Jun 9, 2012
    God of War III is the epic conclusion to the God of War trilogy and your ultimate slasher game. With polished relentless combat, the ever-pissed-off main anti-hero Kratos and a plot involving slaying most of the Greek god pantheon, this one will keep you hooked from the epic beginning to the not-so epic (at least imo) end. Graphics are absolutely ground-breaking, I didn't think that PS3'sGod of War III is the epic conclusion to the God of War trilogy and your ultimate slasher game. With polished relentless combat, the ever-pissed-off main anti-hero Kratos and a plot involving slaying most of the Greek god pantheon, this one will keep you hooked from the epic beginning to the not-so epic (at least imo) end. Graphics are absolutely ground-breaking, I didn't think that PS3's hardware is even able to run those at a stable framerate. Combat hasn't changed much from the previous titles, with you still swinging fiery blades on the chains, but it has some improvements to make it more fluid. The plot may not be anything more than just a link between brutal murder of important Greek mythology characters, but I wouldn't call it "unsatisfying" and it still makes sense. So, if you own a PS3, you must own GoW 3. The end has begun. Expand
  78. May 27, 2012
    this game is pretty mindblowing mostly from the graphics and the epicness. The story was pretty lackluster though. It's epic level was something that had never been done before though, so kudos for that.
  79. May 25, 2012
    Not bad the game is hard at parts but god of war is a puzzler game. i guess that's why some people hate this game they are not smart enough to figure it out lol. The bosses are hard too but a walk through can fix that
  80. May 25, 2012
    Brilliant game, everything about this game is world class.

Wasn't a big fan of the last boss fight, but this is the only game on PS3 I've gone back to complete multiple times.
  81. May 21, 2012
    What a fantastic game! Everything, the graphics, gameplay and the amount of action is amazing. Boss-fights are seriously fun and challenging! You'll never get bored when you play this game! It's just packed with action and immersion. It's one of the best PS3 games out there and one of the reasons why 360 fanboys are butthurt.
  82. May 18, 2012
    This game was epic. I love the fighting against the larger than life gods. Yes, it's a button smashing game, and can get repetitive, but its still fun as heck. One word can describe this game: EPIC.
  83. May 7, 2012
    God of War III is easily one of the best looking games of all time. The amount of detail in the environment and on Kratos is unbelievable. If you own a PS3, this game is a must buy for any casual gamer.
  84. Apr 23, 2012
    This is a masterpiece. Graphics, cut-scenes, characters, everything looks and sounds great. The gameplay feeling is really nice, the best on the hack & slash department. The only downside? GoW III is so amazing that in the end you'll feel like the game is very short. Doesn't matter tho, you can't miss this one.
  85. Apr 23, 2012
    Its game like these that make me love ps3 over xbox. The 360 just does not have the firepower of the exclusives that the ps3 has and god of war is a perfect example of this. This game is one of the best looking games i have ever seen and is also one of the most unique games you'll play. For those of you who do not know the story i will explain without spoiling. You play Kratos who is aIts game like these that make me love ps3 over xbox. The 360 just does not have the firepower of the exclusives that the ps3 has and god of war is a perfect example of this. This game is one of the best looking games i have ever seen and is also one of the most unique games you'll play. For those of you who do not know the story i will explain without spoiling. You play Kratos who is a former god of war after killing Ares the previous god of war in the first game. You were told by the gods to kill him in return for the ability to forget the moment where you went insane and killed your wife and daughter. Once you kill him you are named the new god of war but Zeus did not keep his word and now its your turn for revenge. The game starts out where you are climbing Mt. Olympus with the living trees where the first god you face is Posiden. At this moment i knew it was going to be a magical game because of the graphics and how the combat was so smooth. This is one of the best storyline based games and always provides a challenge with the Uncharted like riddles and many different types of enemies. The tie into the greek mythology is another reason why i love this game as you are dealing with things that you learned about. It kind of has that history aspect like Assassins Creed and Uncharted, both good storyline based games. Overall it is one of the best games on the ps3 and all i have to say is to xbox fans, its a shame your missing out. Expand
  86. Apr 12, 2012
    i know this review is a little late but i picked up god of war 3(me being a ps3 owner just had to pick it up a give it a shot) first thing that im gonna say is that this game is probably one of the best ps3 exclusives Ive played. god of war3 has a great storyline which i thoroughly enjoyed along with over the top action and buckets of blood and gore. i would also like to point out that thei know this review is a little late but i picked up god of war 3(me being a ps3 owner just had to pick it up a give it a shot) first thing that im gonna say is that this game is probably one of the best ps3 exclusives Ive played. god of war3 has a great storyline which i thoroughly enjoyed along with over the top action and buckets of blood and gore. i would also like to point out that the bosses in the game are epic and massive on a huge scale. so if you like mythology tons of blood and gore and epic fights by all means pick this game up now. this game gets a 10/10 in my scale for just being so dam fun Expand
  87. Apr 12, 2012
    Kratos is even more angry this time around and he's ready to make Mount Olympus pay. This game is one of the definitive reasons to own a PS3. It's also one of the best games this generation. The story is great and the gameplay is packed with the insane amount of violence that God of War is known for. Some of the best boss battles of all time are found within this game as well. Don'tKratos is even more angry this time around and he's ready to make Mount Olympus pay. This game is one of the definitive reasons to own a PS3. It's also one of the best games this generation. The story is great and the gameplay is packed with the insane amount of violence that God of War is known for. Some of the best boss battles of all time are found within this game as well. Don't call this a button-masher. Try it on Chaos mode and you'll change your mind. If you haven't played this yet, do yourself a favor and pick it up along with the God of War HD Collection. Expand
  88. Apr 4, 2012
    An amazing finale to an amzing series .All XBOX users must be jealous of this game .all ps3 users must own this game .Great combat System and gameplay .totally deserves a 10/10
  89. Apr 3, 2012
    I am gonna say this ones and only ones if you like action games, adventure games, hack and slash, or any type of game like god of war you need to try out this game NOW!!!! It really really really REALLY f###ING FUN it exciting it just too awesome to say it one of my favorite game of all time. I have finished it at least 2 time and about to do it again it that dam good. If your not a fanI am gonna say this ones and only ones if you like action games, adventure games, hack and slash, or any type of game like god of war you need to try out this game NOW!!!! It really really really REALLY f###ING FUN it exciting it just too awesome to say it one of my favorite game of all time. I have finished it at least 2 time and about to do it again it that dam good. If your not a fan try it out mostly the first game just play it just try it please. P.S Make god of war 4 please Santa Monica Expand
  90. Apr 3, 2012
    Alright,so i received this game on the 12th of March,5 days before release(long story) so i have had ample time to play the game so i am going to summarize it in three words:

Epic but flawed When i popped the disc and started it up, i was expecting over-the-top action,massive scope and all the bloody gore that can be stuffed into one disc,and for the most part this game lives up to

Epic but flawed

When i popped the disc and started it up, i was expecting over-the-top action,massive scope and all the bloody gore that can be stuffed into one disc,and for the most part this game lives up to my expectations.the game is massive and the gameplay and graphics are nothing short of awe-inspiring.

Story: if you have or have not played the previous GoW titles you will be swiftly brought up to speed with the events in the game and the plot is fairly straight-forward. Kratos wants revenge and will stop at nothing to get it, but then again i hardly doubt that the people that are waiting for this are expecting a deep storyline ala Mass Effect 2.

Graphics: in a word,beautiful.the game made my jaw literally drop! problem is,when there is lighting this game really shines and shows what this game can really do,but whoever decided that a mass portion of this game should be placed in the dark,should be lined up against a wall and shot.the game looks just the same in the dark and there is nothing that really stands out,but when this game wants to,it will blow you away.

Gameplay: this is the sole reason why God of War 3 is one of the most anticipated games of the year,maybe even decade.this game yet again sets the bar for hack-and-slashers that all so blatantly copy this great game.The problem? the platforming and puzzles. yes it is a change of pace but this game simply was not designed for climbing and carefully jumping from one platform to another, but really im nitpicking right now.

verdict? it is a great game if you are into hack-and-slashers with a great soundtrack that puts movie scores to shame.if you can overlook slight problems then you are in for a great time and i would definitely recommend this game
  91. Apr 2, 2012
    I love The God Of War 3 and series!! The day of it's release i bought it. My favorite game of all time, and it deserves that because of it's fantastic game play, graphics and characters are beautiful. The story is also very intriguing :) :)
  92. Mar 28, 2012
    I originally played this game back in 2010 but never truly appreciate how graphically beautiful this game is until now. I'm playing this game again after a couple years with my PS3 and some enough gaming experience to begin to appreciate the little details in video game. As of this day Kratos in GOW3 is probably the single best character in terms of graphics I had ever lay my eyes on. TheI originally played this game back in 2010 but never truly appreciate how graphically beautiful this game is until now. I'm playing this game again after a couple years with my PS3 and some enough gaming experience to begin to appreciate the little details in video game. As of this day Kratos in GOW3 is probably the single best character in terms of graphics I had ever lay my eyes on. The gameplay remain largely the same from the precious two and that's fine with me since the formula worked perfectly. That said I did have some minor annoyance with frequent crashes with the game, I don't know if it's my consoles fault or if I have a faulty disk. In terms of the game there were some minor tweaks from the previous that I find with minor irritation. Nothing that ruin the game but the pacing and feel of the game feel somewhat different in a slightly negative way. You have to be play the previous God of War games numerous times to understand where I'm coming from. Nonetheless its a solid game and I regard it the best hack and slash game of this generation. Expand
  93. Mar 10, 2012
    this game was the absolute best of its genre. it set the par really high in terms of graphics,set pieces,story telling.... its easily in my top 3 of best games i have played ever.
  94. Feb 3, 2012
    So immersing. The soundtrack is just amazing. The graphics are the best i have seen on PS3. Gameplay still the same as God of War II but it feels more redefined. Story isn't the best of the franchise. A must play for PS3 haters.
  95. Jan 10, 2012
    God of War 3 é uns dos jogos mais sensacionais dessa geração de consoles com um visual gráfico impressionante que é de deixar todos de boquiaberta.A jogabilidade continua ótima é os momentos épicos continua firmes.
  96. Jan 8, 2012
    God of War III is absolutely beautiful. The game looks better than ever and features some of the most epic boss battles in the GOW trilogy. Though the story is the weakest of the three, it's still an epic adventure worth taking.
  97. Jan 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My first God of War game, and it is simply beautiful. The puzzles are on the simple side however, and I mean extremely simple, but the combat makes up for it! . For some reason I could not finish Dante's Inferno, but I played through God of War in 4 days! . Every chance I had at free time I would play it. It is incredibly gory, with 2 scenes where I literally groaned and turned my head away. Graphics are great as well. I am happy I purchased a ps3 this xmas! Expand
  98. Dec 29, 2011
    Fantastic graphics, good weapons... But it's kind of the same game as the second one. The fighting system still feels like a button mash even on the most difficult setting, and the game gets kind of foreseeable and repetitive, after all, it's not THAT better than its predecessors, and it gets repetitive, and it's not like the other two, I mean, GOW 1 and 2 are one of the best games fromFantastic graphics, good weapons... But it's kind of the same game as the second one. The fighting system still feels like a button mash even on the most difficult setting, and the game gets kind of foreseeable and repetitive, after all, it's not THAT better than its predecessors, and it gets repetitive, and it's not like the other two, I mean, GOW 1 and 2 are one of the best games from PS2, but GOW 3 isn't one of the best PS3 titles... It's rather disappointing, but still, a very good game. Expand
  99. Dec 22, 2011
    just one thing to say if u hv a ps3 go to the market and buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  100. Nov 17, 2011
    All these 360 fanboys need to get off these PS3 reviews. This is truly the best game in the series and it was a graphical beast. With nice 60 fps, this game was among the best looking games ever made. The blood and gore explodes on the screen, and it wraps up the series on a really high note. Lots of diversity in game play and made me not want to stop playing it. GOW3 was the best game ofAll these 360 fanboys need to get off these PS3 reviews. This is truly the best game in the series and it was a graphical beast. With nice 60 fps, this game was among the best looking games ever made. The blood and gore explodes on the screen, and it wraps up the series on a really high note. Lots of diversity in game play and made me not want to stop playing it. GOW3 was the best game of 2010 in my opinion. The long journey was extremely rewarding the farther you went through the game, and the ending was amazing. The only thing i had a problem with was the replay value, but im glad it didn't turn into some lame COD freak out session for n00bs. If you want to get this game, ignore these bad reviews, because they're just a bunch of 360 trolls that are mad that their games can't get higher. Amazing. 10/10 Expand
  101. Aug 22, 2010
    God Of War III is the only game i have played more then 7 times non stop.The graphic in the game blow me away,the smooth gameplay,gore,violence,EPIC opening.All you need in an action game.This might be the Game Of The Year for the PS3 System.If you have been following God Of War franchise since the 1st God Of War.There is no point in saying "pass" to this game.

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you liked the previous God of War titles, you're going to feel right at home with this one.
  2. But despite God of War III being afraid of flying too close to the sun -lest those carefully crafted wings should melt- the journey is relentlessly exciting; a blistering spectacle told in blood and thunder. Truly epic, then. And I defy anyone to argue with the definition this time around.
  3. God of War 3 is fantastic, and has at least three scenes that are utterly magnificent. Design and gameplay-wise, it's absolutely stunning. The downside is that it doesn't have that clear cut perfection that its predecessor had; the polish shine that brilliantly lit up our eyes when we first enjoyed God of War 2.