God of War III PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 16, 2010
8.7

1. Jul 12, 2016
    this is an extremely entertaining game. god of war has always been known for its amazing presentation, over the top violence and extremely satisfying hack and slash gameplay, all these things still ring true for this game and then some. easily the most grand of all the god of war games and the most fun to play. the set pieces are unlike any other game as far as there scope goes, and thethis is an extremely entertaining game. god of war has always been known for its amazing presentation, over the top violence and extremely satisfying hack and slash gameplay, all these things still ring true for this game and then some. easily the most grand of all the god of war games and the most fun to play. the set pieces are unlike any other game as far as there scope goes, and the one thing god of war 3 does better then the previous games is make you feel as powerful as ever striking down the largest and most dangerous foes kratos has yet to face. the downside to this game is its story, while the writing isn't necessarily bad, it is really goofy and hard to take seriously, especially when compared to the previous games that felt a lot more thought out and had a much more enjoyable story that added to the experience. The story in this installment is overly simple and still manages to feel goofy and unnatural in many parts, especially when you meet Pandora. this definitely was disappointing and is the weakest as far as story goes, but strongest in gameplay. the other thing that brought the game down was the puzzles. Some of the puzzles were enjoyable but many felt unnecessary and slowed down the game to the point of annoyance. that's the only real thing wrong with the game, otherwise its an absolute thrill ride, to its incredible opening to its climatic end. Expand
  2. Jun 25, 2016
    Enjoyable for the most part, though not as good as the second installment.
    good:
    Great opening
    Fantastic graphics
    Fun gory killing spree

Bad:
    trying too hard to be epic
    too much time spent in dungeons doing stupid puzzles
    underwhelming final boss fight
  3. Apr 11, 2016
    God Of War III is the only game i have played more then 7 times non stop.The graphic in the game blow me away,the smooth gameplay,gore,violence,EPIC opening.All you need in an action game.This might be the Game Of The Year for the PS3 System.If you have been following God Of War franchise since the 1st God Of War.There is no point in saying "pass" to this game.
  4. Apr 10, 2016
    I usually hate mindless slashers but this game is just amazing. Absolutely gorgeous graphics and environments, accompanied by an epic soundtrack. The fights are inventive and gory; they push the boundaries of linear violence to near ridiculousness, but it's just so fun! The story is a little weak and the ending didn't do much for me, but there are too many pros to care about the ending.I usually hate mindless slashers but this game is just amazing. Absolutely gorgeous graphics and environments, accompanied by an epic soundtrack. The fights are inventive and gory; they push the boundaries of linear violence to near ridiculousness, but it's just so fun! The story is a little weak and the ending didn't do much for me, but there are too many pros to care about the ending. You get engrossed in the bloodshed to the point where you feel quite sadistic for enjoying it. If you love violence and feeling like a badass, then you will have a treat with this. Expand
  5. Apr 9, 2016
    When i played God of War III 2 years ago i thought it was a very abridge game, but when i sat down, put the controller in my hands and played it from beginning to end 2 years after that...i think i was too quick in my decision...THIS is the BEST God of War game there has ever been.

STORY: God of War III begins right where God of War II left off, with the Titans climbing Mount of Olympus (And no that is not a Spoiler at this point because ,c'mon, it's been almost 10 years since God of War II launched). When the God's notice this, they all go attack the Titans. Poseidon ,specifically, goes for Gaia, which is the one holding Kratos. After a very cool boss battle and epic tutorial. Poseidon gets killed by Kratos and from there on out your journey to Zeus begins.

PRESENTATION: The jump from the PS2 to the PS3 is incredibly clear. This game competes with Uncharted 2 for best looking game on the console and it definitely shows what the PS3 is capable of.

Not only has the Models and animations have improved, but this time the focus where on the lightning effects. Everything projects light in here. From the Blades of Kratos, to the orbs, to even the chests themselves.

The environments are incredible to look at and the music, once again, helps the atmosphere of the game and when things get tense the music follows.

My only 2 nitpicks with the presentation is that for one, the game runs at 720p instead of 1080p (probably to get a smooth frame rate without sacrificing the graphics) and 2 of the models look..off to me. And those two are both Gaia and Pandora. Gaia is good for the most part, but i don't like her baby eyes and puppet mouth and Pandora just look derpy as all ****. But aside from those nitpicks the presentation is pretty sweet.

GAMEPLAY: God of War III doesn't reinvent the wheel for the God of War formula or anything, but it does take everything that made God of War II so incredibly fun and adds some little improvements that just make it overall more strong.

Little things like making the walls fights and pushing stuff more faster just removes some little annoyingness from the previous games. The ability to rotate stuff at will, dropping to the bottom of ledges, collect 3 eyes, phoenix feathers and the new miniatur horns instead of 5, or being able to approach your enemies with your blades make the game just a lot more fluid.

And speaking of fluid, the combat system ,for the most part, has remain untouched. You still have your light and heavy attacks, the block button, the magic button and this time they added a new element, the items. Which leads me to:

Main weapon:

Blades of Exile: The weapon that you will use all the time. You do combos with it and it contains The Army of Sparta.

Sub Weapons:

Claws of Hades: This functions just like the Blades of Exile, aldo i do feel like they are a bit faster. However it does give a Magic ability named "Soul Summon" that i will explain on the magic abilities part.

Nemean Cestus: You get this things from Hercule and man they hit HARD, you can punch the **** out of your enemies and you can break certain blue rocks with it.

Nemesis Whip: Just like the Blades of Exile, but you can hold down the button to do multiple hits.

Magic abilities:

The Army of Sparta: Your new ability. A bunch of shields come in and trust the enemies with a bunch of spears.

Blade of Olympus: This time is not used as a weapon, this time is the replacement of the rage of the titans, this time being the Rage of Sparta, and it functions in a very similar way with Kratos getting a boost of speed and strength under a time limit that you refill by hitting enemies and collecting "yellow orbs".

Soul Summon: When you get the Claws of Hades, you'll get this ability that allows you to spawn Souls from creatures that will fight for you.

Nemean Roar: You punch the ground and a big wave hurts everyone in range.

Items:

Bow of Apollo: It's a bow...you shoot things, but this time you can charge it to burn stuff and it has its own bar so it doesn't take magic away...that's nice.

Head of Helios: This will allow you to illuminate certain areas to see better and find secrets. Oh! and it also uses the same bar of Apollo's Bow.

Boots of Hermes: This Boots will allow you to dash into enemies, run on walls and dash in the air. And it also uses the same bar as the Bow and Helios head

Like you read, the items have a different bar from the magic and each magic is now locked to a specific weapon, but let's be honest, you will use the Blades of Exile and Nemean Cestus and nothing more.

In previous games, sub-weapons weren't really useful, however here they putted some extra functionalities to them like burn plant with the Bow of Apollo or break blue rocks with Nemean Cestus to make them more useful and have better creativite with the Puzzles (and they do). Overall God of War III deserves that 92 metacritic score and i definitely recommended it to any PS3 user. I'll give it a 10/10.
  6. Mar 13, 2016
    God of war 3 is the best, i think this was the most hilarious and succesful hack and slash games ive played on ps3, screw dantes inferno and go support this big aaa title guys, kratos is a legend
  7. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  8. Feb 21, 2016
    Fantastic game from santa monica the game is great the story was good to end the zeus conflict gameplay is amazing puzzles to test your mind and graphics of the highest caliber
  9. Feb 13, 2016
    God Of War 3 is a great action game, with spectacular boss fights, and an interesting story. You play as Kratos as he climbs Mount Olympus to kill Zeus, and all the gods. The levels and setpieces are great, the fighting is crunchy and satisfying, and Kratos gets a bunch of new weapons to kill enemies with, like Hercules's Gauntlets, or Hades's Claws.The graphics are great also. Kratos isGod Of War 3 is a great action game, with spectacular boss fights, and an interesting story. You play as Kratos as he climbs Mount Olympus to kill Zeus, and all the gods. The levels and setpieces are great, the fighting is crunchy and satisfying, and Kratos gets a bunch of new weapons to kill enemies with, like Hercules's Gauntlets, or Hades's Claws.The graphics are great also. Kratos is very brutal and ruthless in this game. I am anxious to see if God Of War Ascension can stack up to this excellent game. Expand
  10. Dec 29, 2015
    I am not joking.This was the reason i bought a PS3.I was waiting for gow3 for a long time.I dont beleive my favorite series in full HD unimaginable graphics and polygons.I wish this series continues.
  11. Dec 27, 2015
    Gameplay: 1 (Unplayable)
    Fun: 1 (You can't Have Fun)
    Story: 7 (Story is set during Era 5000BC to 500BC)
    Cast: 7 (Great)
    Score: 1/10

Overrated By All should got less then 7.8s
  12. Nov 22, 2015
    God of War III

Game-Play:The game-play in this game could be a lot better but uses QTE very often but the combos in combat are amazing and the way you use your weapons mid combat is great. Story:The story similar to the previous games and continuous to butcher the Greek mythology but sometimes is fun but in the end nothing special it took me to complete about 8 hours. Graphics:One
    God of War III

Graphics:One of the most beautiful games I have ever played .

Notes:This game is good not excellent just good if you are going to buy it a price drop would be good .
  13. Oct 29, 2015
    Perfect. This game is just perfect. Even if it's 5 years old, still has outstanding graphics and an amazing story. The fight are really epic. One of the best games ever.
  14. Oct 28, 2015
    Great gameplay great graphics great boss fights great game god of war 3 is the best game ı have ever played if you have ps3 or ps4 you must buy it and dont play with children
  15. Oct 24, 2015
    A climactic visual masterpiece. Kratos left his stamp on the bloody action adventure world and is still the standard for hack and slash to this day. One of the few games in my library that I have beaten on multiple difficulties and yet can still pop in on a weekend and go through it completely having just as much fun as the first time I played it. A must have game for people of all genresA climactic visual masterpiece. Kratos left his stamp on the bloody action adventure world and is still the standard for hack and slash to this day. One of the few games in my library that I have beaten on multiple difficulties and yet can still pop in on a weekend and go through it completely having just as much fun as the first time I played it. A must have game for people of all genres and styles. Expand
  16. Oct 3, 2015
    El cierre de la triologia en el que al fin Kratos se venga de los dioses . Un personaje y una saga que pasaran los anales de la historia de los videjuegos ! OBRA MAESTRA !
  17. Aug 25, 2015
    God of War 3.
    *NOTE* Theres not much I can say about this game that has not already been said, so I'm just going to give you my feelings on the game. So if you want more in depth information on the game, their are many other reviews out there.
    God of War 3.

So just to get it out of the way the game looks amazing, even today (2014). But as your mom would tell you, looks aren't everything, it's whats inside that counts. So... other then the great production values what does this game have to offer? Well in case you so how didn't know this is a hack and slash game with puzzles mixed in. Their are also quite-a-few quick-time events that happen in boss battles and such which look cool, but you aren't really doing anything. It's more like a somewhat interactive movie which some are quick to criticize but I don't mind it too much. The puzzles are simple for the most part but from time to time you will be going around wondering what your supposed to do. And last but not least the combat. I know I'II get some hate for this but I found the combat rather repetitive. I know theirs "4" different wepions but, their really only variations on the chain-blades. Though the story is half decent, but I wont spoil that for you.
    Overall this is an above adverge game that's enjoyably while it last. Did I forget to mention that the game is only around 7 hours (even thought thats normal now-in-days).
    I give it a 6.5/10, its worth playing through but it in my opinion is not the 9/10 game so people say it is.
  18. Aug 23, 2015
    One of the best game i have in my live. The graphics in the game is amazing and gameplay is best i ever see in one game. The end of this story is amazing too. I recommend everyone
  19. Aug 21, 2015
    i am happy in play this game continuously. game shows awesome graphic, and gives cool hitting sense. the only flaw of this game is the storyline. but i do not care a snap.
  20. Aug 19, 2015
    Vengeance is sweet! Santa Monica Studios successfully ended their greatest franchise ever. Although Kratos retains his main protagonist's role as the fallen God of War, at his arsenal of weapons and magic abilities, you feel more powerful than any of the legendary Greek Gods. The music in the game is beautiful and really fits the setting of ancient Greece. My problem with this game is thatVengeance is sweet! Santa Monica Studios successfully ended their greatest franchise ever. Although Kratos retains his main protagonist's role as the fallen God of War, at his arsenal of weapons and magic abilities, you feel more powerful than any of the legendary Greek Gods. The music in the game is beautiful and really fits the setting of ancient Greece. My problem with this game is that the story depletes in quality from the first and second games for the PlayStation 2. Action in this game is perfected (ironically) from the first two games also. Graphics in this game are a visual spectacle while the voice acting in my opinion falls in quality from the PS2 titles. This saga has a fitting end for Kratos' journey. 8/10. Great Game! Expand
  21. Aug 14, 2015
    This game froze my entire console during the same scene, again and again. The problem persisted across standard and 'Essentials' editions, and both with patch and with no patch. Needless to say, this was a game-breaking experience that cut off my access to an otherwise polished action game. The issue seems to be rare, though, and I only subtract one point from my "decent game" score. WhyThis game froze my entire console during the same scene, again and again. The problem persisted across standard and 'Essentials' editions, and both with patch and with no patch. Needless to say, this was a game-breaking experience that cut off my access to an otherwise polished action game. The issue seems to be rare, though, and I only subtract one point from my "decent game" score. Why not a higher score? 6/10 means that the game delivers on your expectations, but it does nothing really mindblowing or new or necessary for you. It's a game that no one has to play.

God Of War III pulls off similar tricks to the Devil May Cry series, Dark Souls, Bayonetta and similar action games. It's often as linear as Uncharted, so if you want to figure things out, this is not the most appealing game. I did enjoy the puzzles and not knowing what to expect from the epic but very gory campaign.
  22. Jun 8, 2015
    Undoubtedly the best Game Series across all platforms. All the more reasons why I picked PS over XBOX. GoW III has great improvements in terms of Graphics, and quite less tougher than I and II. The weapons are classy and powerful. Story is a perfect 10, a wonderful end to the Trilogy (sans Ascension)
  23. May 21, 2015
  24. Apr 5, 2015
    Beautiful Scenery, beautiful graphics, buttery smooth gameplay, amazing greek-themed story and compelling characters. This is a MUST have for every Ps3 owner. The weapon arsenal is very diverse, it is full of different types of weapons with unique attacks that mow on hordes of enemies. LOVE IT!!!! Also boobs lol.

I do have a few problems with this game that the graphics and story line

I do have a few problems with this game that the graphics and story line could not make up. I apologize in advance to my fellow gamers, but I can't help but think the gameplay is too easy for my taste. Especially since Kratos is battling Gods, creators of Elysium, Earth and the Underworld. The gameplay spoon feeds, babies players too much and doesn't match with the storyline. I feel like the gameplay needs to be harder in order to match the environment of The God of War theme. I finish Chaos mode without any problems and it left me feeling "That's it?". Give me more please
  25. Jan 31, 2015
    Beautiful game. Amazing mythology. Amazing combat. Borderline terrible story.

Lack of counters, puzzle are annoying in this one. Camera becomes an obstacle in random platforming sections which have no reason to be here. If I could rate it on symbolism and mythos it would be a ten - easy. Unfortunately, the story is seriously lackluster and leaves me feeling less empathetic for
    Beautiful game. Amazing mythology. Amazing combat. Borderline terrible story.

If I could rate it on symbolism and mythos it would be a ten - easy.

Unfortunately, the story is seriously lackluster and leaves me feeling less empathetic for Kratos than I should have.

perhaps, I should have played 1 and two first.
  26. Jan 29, 2015
    Excellent game. Polished.Challenging on harder difficulties. Usually seems fair. Love greek mythology, even though this is their own version. Controls great.Graphics great.Played though It many times. Beaten all difficulties exept easier 1. 1 of the best of its kind.
  27. Jan 18, 2015
    The best god of war(gow)game.I loved killing gods and taking their weapons but the 3 of them are blades but they have got differences.The story is good and u will love it.Krats is at his best and he seeks revenge with so passion!!!You should buy it
  28. Jan 7, 2015
    Perfect game. Can't seem to find any cons except the ending. Game play is awesome. weapons are much more deadlier then previous GOW games. Awesome boss fights. You get to fight Titan and kill him while he begs for mercy. Simply the BEST Hash and Slash game ever made.
  29. Dec 9, 2014
    An epic blood-fuelled (presumable) finale to the Kratos saga. The plot may be a little thin compared to previous installments - it's basically kill all the gods - but the gorgeous graphics and unequalled set pieces are a joy to behold.
  30. Nov 19, 2014
    It should be better. Story line is reduced to the end and a shadow like Athena compare to the previous products. But product play is still amazing and even more.
  31. Sep 20, 2014
    Anyone who badmouths this game is simply put "a hater". This game is beautiful, fun, balanced and a PS3 must have. This is a game that makes 360 owners hate themselves or convinces them to buy a PS3. You will not be dissapointed!
  32. Aug 2, 2014
    10/10. Is there any other way to score this game? No. It's pure perfection. It's Sony's Coup d'etat, the Microsoft killer. God of War 3 is the one title that solidified Sony as the King of Console gaming. First party titles matter and this puts everything Microsoft produces to shame. Stunning graphics, bone-crunching sound, beautiful score, simple controls, killer narrative. This10/10. Is there any other way to score this game? No. It's pure perfection. It's Sony's Coup d'etat, the Microsoft killer. God of War 3 is the one title that solidified Sony as the King of Console gaming. First party titles matter and this puts everything Microsoft produces to shame. Stunning graphics, bone-crunching sound, beautiful score, simple controls, killer narrative. This game is simply perfection. 10/10 Expand
  33. Jun 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As its prequels, this game is godlike too. I enjoyed every part of it, especially boss battles, which are more brutal then ever. It's fascinating how much attention was payed to details of gods butchering.
    Although it's a pure 10, there are some inconsistencies present - for example, why killing Zeus for 2nd time when it was already done in GoW2? Or why do skeletons bleed like pigs when they're made of bones?
    Nevertheless, I'd recommend it to everyone who enjoy detailed brutality, excessive violence and gore, and full action from the beginning up to the end.
  34. May 5, 2014

35. Mar 29, 2014
    The scope and scale of this game is unprecedented with one of the most memorable openings to a video game ever. The combat is fluid the graphics are extraordinary and the bosses are some of the best.
  36. Mar 2, 2014
    One of the best games for the ps3, and one of the best games in recent gaming generations, period. A work of art. I work on a 10, 5, 0 score. 10 = Id buy for ps3, 5 = Probably wouldnt buy. 0 = Would not buy.
  37. Feb 22, 2014
    This is definitely the best God of War in the series! I loved everything about this game! It is brutal and extremely entertaining! The story concludes the trilogy and it was amazing! The graphics and game play is great! After beating the story I highly recommend beating the challenges!
  38. Feb 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best God of war ever made. The graphics and blood are so cool and it's not boring cause there are lots of bosses. The story of god of war 3 is great but if you know the Greek mitology it gets even better cause you'll understand it even more.
    And the best thing in this game are weapons. You have a lot of weapons and that's why god of war 3 is never boring to play even when you already finished the story.
  39. Feb 8, 2014
    Just perfect in every way.
    Especially like the dynamic and dimensional battle stages on the huge thearchy, which is so epic, so exciting, so fast and so diverse. Controlling Kratos to fleet in these stages makes you fully appreciate his great vigor and god power although he is physically tiny.
    Masterpiece does not need words to boast. Just enjoy.
    A must-play PS3 exclusive.
  40. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 5 out of 10, Graphics: 9 out of 10, Fun: 7 out of 10, Controls: 5 out of 10, Difficulty: 9 out of 10, Length: 9 out of 10, Re-play: 3 out of 10, Value: 5 out of 10
  41. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a very fun game but when you fall in to the underworld and get the blades of exile some moves cant be done but over all i love this action packed game Expand
  42. Jan 31, 2014
    Before I start I have to say that God of War and God of War 2 were and probably still are action games of their time. They had just the right mix of simplistic action thrown into a great setting. If God of War 3 would have came out in PS2 days instead of 2010 while I probably would be more likely to overlook glaring issues that are present in this game. The first and foremost of them isBefore I start I have to say that God of War and God of War 2 were and probably still are action games of their time. They had just the right mix of simplistic action thrown into a great setting. If God of War 3 would have came out in PS2 days instead of 2010 while I probably would be more likely to overlook glaring issues that are present in this game. The first and foremost of them is that apart from graphics the game has not evolved from previous titles and even may have been simplified further in GoW3. The combat itself feel very unresponsive when comparing it with other hack and slash games even not of AAA category like Conan, Sengoku Basara Samurai heroes and Afro Samurai. Not only is it unresponsive but its flow is constantly interrupted by quicklime connected to finishers, counter moves and all the bosses are littered with them instead just letting player fight bosses with weapons of their choice. Since this is a boss heavy title lets talk about bosses. Depending on the difficulty level you can just button mash through all of their attacks or on higher difficulty levels due to inability to cancel combos you can only do 1-2 hits and then wait for boss to do its thing and hope bad camera angle doesn't make you take a hit. Neither of the approaches is very fun. Apart from combat there is platforming and it is terribly executed with atrocious camera angles and jumping technique.
    This GoW game also lacks a story or interesting characters that in some way enhance the experience.
    To me it feels like this game was all about graphic and no substance.
  43. Jan 28, 2014
    God of War III is simply...well, amazing in all aspects. The gameplay is perhaps the best in the series with 4 weapons in all, each suiting the style of a particular player. All though 2 of the weapons are similar to the blades they are still unique in their own way. The rage mode is not that epic as it was in previous games but is still very good due to the amount damage dealt in thatGod of War III is simply...well, amazing in all aspects. The gameplay is perhaps the best in the series with 4 weapons in all, each suiting the style of a particular player. All though 2 of the weapons are similar to the blades they are still unique in their own way. The rage mode is not that epic as it was in previous games but is still very good due to the amount damage dealt in that mode added with the fact that it gives you limited invincibility. Magic is unique to each weapon and is extremely useful in tough situations. The items in this game are also nice to behold. The combos of each weapon are simply exceptional and numerous, giving you a large variety. The Quick Time Events are very enjoyable too. Story is good but at a few times just does not blend in. The graphics will make you stare at the screen with your jaw wide open and each character is so refined in terms of graphical quality that at times you fell like your eyes are going to pop out. Kratos himself has to be graphically the most perfectly designed character in a video game. Overall, the game can simply be called as "The Game Of The Century". Expand
  44. Jan 27, 2014
    God of War 3, is a amazing game, the history begins right at the end of God of War 2. The beginning of the game is spectacular and will not let a second of quiet, the battles with titans and others gods are very fun. The gameplay is the same a others god os war but with more movements. The story has more a surprise, is the epic conclusion the god of war saga. 100% recommended.
  45. Jan 2, 2014
    Simply the best game in the world! Amazing graphics, amazing story, amazing combat, amazing everything! No game is as epic as this one. If I were to scrap out a small complaint it would be that Kratos looks way too realistic while other characters do not, it makes it a little inconsistent. Overall game of the century.
  46. Dec 31, 2013
    I don't know what exactly, but something is missing from this game. But still, if you've played the first two games than this is worth playing. Whatever is missing (or repeated from the previous games), it makes up for it with some epic scenes and nice graphics. Word of advice, don't start the game at hard level.
  47. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, great history, excellent graphics
    I liked the story, although I felt shorter than the previous two, that if there was a lot more action.The battle against some gods felt very easy, even in hard mode is easy the moment, just need to protect yourself well from the blows. Something that looks very silly, was the ease of movement to get to meet the other gods of Olympus, compared with earlier took forever to get to meet a senior chief.
    The game looks great graphically, detailed scenarios are very beautiful I like the brightness of the scenarios. In the action scenes it shows exactly what was done by Santa Monica, killing any enemies all the blood left in the body of Kratos, as there is nothing remarkable graphics to criticize, and they did a great job.
  48. Nov 22, 2013
    in terms of graphics and detailing God of War III is the best ever game i had ever played. felt like i'm indeed fighting in a spartan war. the introduction of new mythical creatures new combat system was expected. the only downfall titan mode was the easiest as they left 1 move which made you untouchable which made titan mode easy. and the challenges was real easy based on graphics cutin terms of graphics and detailing God of War III is the best ever game i had ever played. felt like i'm indeed fighting in a spartan war. the introduction of new mythical creatures new combat system was expected. the only downfall titan mode was the easiest as they left 1 move which made you untouchable which made titan mode easy. and the challenges was real easy based on graphics cut scenes and game play it lived upto my expectation so 9 is prefect Expand
  49. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is fantastic. The graphics are incredible. The gameplay is as fantastic as ever. The God of War saga is amazing and this installment is arguably the best one yet.
  50. Nov 20, 2013
    this game is the best on all the god of war series,it is almost the same as god of war 2 but with amazing graphics and with a biggest world.this game was one of the best for playstation 3.
  51. Nov 19, 2013
    Uno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3,no tiene rival en este modo y sin duda es imprescindible tenerlo apra la consola ps3,aunque no te guste este genero el juego te encantara,un modo historia brutal,una ambetacion bestial y un doblaje soberbio para una trama sin igual,su puntuacion son estas: Jugabilidad: 9 Tecnologia: 9 Graficos:9 Sonido:10 Innovacion:8 Bueno espero os haya servidoUno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3,no tiene rival en este modo y sin duda es imprescindible tenerlo apra la consola ps3,aunque no te guste este genero el juego te encantara,un modo historia brutal,una ambetacion bestial y un doblaje soberbio para una trama sin igual,su puntuacion son estas: Jugabilidad: 9 Tecnologia: 9 Graficos:9 Sonido:10 Innovacion:8 Bueno espero os haya servido este analisis para daros cuenta de que este juego lo tienes que tener si o si y haberlo jugado minimo una vez Expand
  52. Oct 31, 2013
    It's an amazing hack'n'slash game, feels great, looks great ans is a lot of fun.
    Not much to say about this game, only one word and that is: Masterpiece
  53. Oct 14, 2013
    o jogo traz tudo que o god 1 e 2 trouce e melhora infinitamente adicionando alguns poucos elementos novos os graficos sao impressionantes para o ano lançado e ate hoje impressiona a historia e excelente talvez em exceção pelo seu final mas ae vem do gosto de cada pessoa a jogabilidade continua extremamente parecida ,alias um ponto um pouco negativo no game sao 3 armas secundariaso jogo traz tudo que o god 1 e 2 trouce e melhora infinitamente adicionando alguns poucos elementos novos os graficos sao impressionantes para o ano lançado e ate hoje impressiona a historia e excelente talvez em exceção pelo seu final mas ae vem do gosto de cada pessoa a jogabilidade continua extremamente parecida ,alias um ponto um pouco negativo no game sao 3 armas secundarias que se parecem muito com a arma principal nao alterando muito nos combos durante a jogatina vai ter momentos especiais que a jogabilidade vai se modificar ao situação durante um pequeno tempo mas o destaque realmente e as lutas contra os chefes que são impressionantes Expand
  54. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I hate to see all the gods being slaughtered but it's just plain addicitive. I find it strange to be playing a character I find highly unlikable but that doesn't hinder me from enjoying the game. It's a hack-slash action of a different kind and there is barely any time for calm moments. It's brutal fun and a very interesting way of explaining how the gods of Greek mythology are no longer around. Expand
  55. Oct 8, 2013
    I could say this is a god of war 2 game(ignoring the storyline) cos of the same fighting styles. nevertheless, gOW 3 still makes a great game. Wonderful storyline and epic graphics(the blood spill wasn't realistic at all)
  56. Oct 2, 2013
    This game truly is a masterpiece from start to finish from the very first scene you can see how much time and hard work santa monica put in to this game and it now has come and being one of the best games ive ever played. So lets break it down the graphics are mesmerizing and a solid 5/5 because the textures are awesome the lighting is great and the bbody design is outstanding. TheThis game truly is a masterpiece from start to finish from the very first scene you can see how much time and hard work santa monica put in to this game and it now has come and being one of the best games ive ever played. So lets break it down the graphics are mesmerizing and a solid 5/5 because the textures are awesome the lighting is great and the bbody design is outstanding. The gameplay is also outstanding, while they dont broing really anything new to the combat and gamplay they do perfect and make it better than its predeccesors.So overall as you can guess i am giving this game a solid 10/10 and is the new benchmark for action titles. Expand
  57. Sep 28, 2013
    "God of War III" es totalmente bienvenido a mi lista de juegos preferidos: peleas impresionantes, GRAN diseño de personajes, gráficos de la alta élite, banda sonora épica para prenderte de la mano de Kratos y, de su mano luchar contra sus rotundos y poderosos enemigos que se oponen a su violenta venganza. Un juego que satisface todos tus sentidos, con unas de las imágenes más"God of War III" es totalmente bienvenido a mi lista de juegos preferidos: peleas impresionantes, GRAN diseño de personajes, gráficos de la alta élite, banda sonora épica para prenderte de la mano de Kratos y, de su mano luchar contra sus rotundos y poderosos enemigos que se oponen a su violenta venganza. Un juego que satisface todos tus sentidos, con unas de las imágenes más impresionantes de todos los tiempos en la historia de los videojuegos. Expand
  58. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is a marvelous masterpiece, the graphics are the best ive ever seen. The gameplay is better than ever, the new combos and new weapons are awesome. Kratos just brutalises all of the gods, one by one they all fall. This is the most brutal, dark, action packed game youll find in the market and it is one of the best games of all time.
  59. Sep 17, 2013
    I really enjoyed the whole trilogy. But this one was the best and more challenging. Cool puzzles and battles. To be honest I never liked Kratos and find it hard to accept his story. But it was nice at the end of the day. not bad at all.
  60. Aug 30, 2013
    god of war III meeting, which was one of the best games released for time so far, because all the people who played the ps2 look forward to the output of that and it was the best thing since surpassed graphic and the story was best
  61. ERB
    Aug 2, 2013
    An epic game!One of the best games ever made.Game play is bloodily cool and story is epic!Killing all the gods is so awesome.I advise you to get out of house and try buying this game and play It at home.
  62. Jul 19, 2013
    First of all the actual score i wanted to give is something like 9.25, but this stupid site has ratings that go by ones. This is an excellent hack and slash adventure game. Make no mistake this is a god of war game, so god of war players should feel right at home. This is my first game that i got a platinum in, and i've played this game like 8 times and it's definitely one of myFirst of all the actual score i wanted to give is something like 9.25, but this stupid site has ratings that go by ones. This is an excellent hack and slash adventure game. Make no mistake this is a god of war game, so god of war players should feel right at home. This is my first game that i got a platinum in, and i've played this game like 8 times and it's definitely one of my favourites. Also this is my first god of war game, but at the time i am writing this review i have played all the games in the franchise, both psp and PS3.

The graphics in this game are just phenomenal at the time this game was released in 2010. My sole reason to get the PS3 was to get this game after seeing some gameplay at E3 2009. The only other console game that looks just as impressive is Uncharted 2 Among thieves. Kratos is probably the most badass looking video game character ever lol.

The story isn't as tight as the previous ones, especially God of War 2 which i think has the best story. It's pretty much a game where you are angry all the time and kill a lot of greek gods, which i have no problem with. I mean the fight with poseidon in the beginning just shocked me. So much adrenaline was pumping through my body when playing the first 30 mins. Also the sudden relationship that forms with kratos and pandora is somewhat weird. Also this game is shorter than the previous ones. An extra hour could have been used to form a tighter father daughter relationship with pandora, just saying. I wish there were more gods and demigods to fight to make the game atleast 1-2 hrs longer. My favourite was the hercules battles. DAMN that music was heart pounding.

As mentioned before the music was both epic and eerie at times especially at hades underworld area.

Gameplay is pretty much god of war, and i love the fact that each weapon associates a magic power and there is quick switching to other weapons with the d-pad. What i dont like is that only the cestus is different, and the other 3 weapons are pretty much similar when using them. The Bow is awesome and i just spamming the bow. I wish there were more weapons like in god of war 2

All in all this is definitely an experience that you wont want to miss on the PS3. Its a game worthy of the gods lol.
  63. Jun 28, 2013
    Calling this game a huge disappointment is putting it mildly. As someone who's a big fan of all the previous God of War games I went into this game fully expecting to love it. It's the same formula the series has been using since the first game, just without all of the awesomeness that made those games so great to play. There are some thrills here and there and the combat is suitablyCalling this game a huge disappointment is putting it mildly. As someone who's a big fan of all the previous God of War games I went into this game fully expecting to love it. It's the same formula the series has been using since the first game, just without all of the awesomeness that made those games so great to play. There are some thrills here and there and the combat is suitably entertaining, but what makes GOW 3 so disappointing is that where the previous games were epic and raised the bar for action games, GOW 3 is just average and feels like another face in the crowd. The game looks gorgeous, three years later and this is still one of the PS3's best looking titles, and the soundtrack is fantastic. The story takes a hit this time around by making Kratos a much less likable character. I was able to sympathize and support Kratos' motives in previous GOW games, but after watching Kratos butcher innocent people who had nothing to do with his conflict I began to like the character less and less. He manages to have a few redeeming moments near the end, but I still wouldn't call him a likable character after this game. The story still has some cool moments, especially when it references all the other GOW games (even the PSP titles!). It's not a bad game, just a dull one. It's a disappointing conclusion to a fantastic series because while the other games are amazing this one manages to just be passable experience because it lacks the fun that previous GOW titles have brought. Expand
  64. Jun 27, 2013
    "Legendary" is the only way to describe this game. Kratos and his quest are bloody and beautiful from start to finish, not to mention this game has some of the best boss battles ever.
  65. Jun 16, 2013
    what we've all waited for the third part that i've been waiting for a long time and it is pretty damn good this may be the best action game that you'll ever play in your life
  66. May 31, 2013
    Bloody, gory, graphic, crazy, and stunning! God of War III is an absolute BLAST! The graphics are great, controls (while the same) are solid still, the story is flawless, and the boss fights are an OMG CRAZY scale! I hope the franchise will never end!
  67. May 21, 2013
    I'm a GoW fan but this game make me a little sad. Have a great story but you get to the end too fast! Btw, this end sucks... I hoped for a better ending.
  68. May 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The way you Poseidon up at the beginning of the game is phenomenal.. The best in the franchise (including Ascension) and Santa Monica has easily elevated to the elite class of game making. Expand
  69. May 1, 2013
    One word that best describes God of War 3, EPIC. This game has the most fun and satisfying combat ever and moments which will make your jaw drop at the sheer spectacle of whats happening on screen. The graphics are awesome just like the environments and you can't deny that Kratos is the ultimate badass. The boss fights are the best part of this game with the Cronos fight ranking as one ofOne word that best describes God of War 3, EPIC. This game has the most fun and satisfying combat ever and moments which will make your jaw drop at the sheer spectacle of whats happening on screen. The graphics are awesome just like the environments and you can't deny that Kratos is the ultimate badass. The boss fights are the best part of this game with the Cronos fight ranking as one of my favourite video game fights ever! Truly a great game Expand
  70. Apr 27, 2013
    Perhaps one of the most over-priced games. Let's start with the pros: Excellent graphics; Excellent management. It is a pity, because this end pros and cons of starting: The game is incredibly dull and boring; No action, all the action is very slow (it slashers!) The story is idiotic, like her characters, trying to understand someone's motives and seek logic useless. Fixed camera is just aPerhaps one of the most over-priced games. Let's start with the pros: Excellent graphics; Excellent management. It is a pity, because this end pros and cons of starting: The game is incredibly dull and boring; No action, all the action is very slow (it slashers!) The story is idiotic, like her characters, trying to understand someone's motives and seek logic useless. Fixed camera is just a shame; Quick Time Events is only hatred, in heavy rain, and it's done to the place and a lot to think over. Game from Santa Monica for kids who like violence in games, because the game has nothing more to offer.
    Prior to DmC, Bayonetta, Blades of Time and others, it has still a long way, it is unlikely Santa Monica ever be able to make a quality slashers.
  71. Apr 19, 2013
    Best hack and slash ever i love this game is so gory and fun you have no idea until you play it, the graphics are amazing and the bosses are just unbelievable
  72. Apr 17, 2013
    HOLY SHYT!!!! I can't believe all that happened in just one game. I will remember this game when I am 90 years old and on my death bed. It's just so phucking amazing. Amazing is a huge understatement
  73. Apr 16, 2013
    this game hands down has the best graphics I have ever seen on the ps3 everything looks stunning the combat is fun but on harder difficulties its tough as nails
  74. Mar 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are no words for this game except, EPIC. The graphics, the music, the story, the bosses, the gameplay did I already say story? It's must play game por PS3 owners. And makes a great end for Kratos story. Expand
  75. Mar 19, 2013
    Everyone loves God of War III. Everyone but me. Sure, the game looks beautiful and has a fairly interesting tale to tell, so I can partially understand why people rave about it. Unfortunately, the simplistic button mashing gameplay, ultra-linear environments and truly awful jumping mechanics are harder to lend praise to. God of War III was a game that I just couldn't muster much passionEveryone loves God of War III. Everyone but me. Sure, the game looks beautiful and has a fairly interesting tale to tell, so I can partially understand why people rave about it. Unfortunately, the simplistic button mashing gameplay, ultra-linear environments and truly awful jumping mechanics are harder to lend praise to. God of War III was a game that I just couldn't muster much passion for and ultimately had no fun with. Despite an entire decade separating the two titles, I would still much rather play the original Soul Reaver than God of War III. Expand
  76. Mar 18, 2013
    I love God of War games since the starting of the saga. God of War 3 is one of the best games of Play Station 3 and probably is the best of the saga.
  77. Mar 6, 2013
    God of War is back and the superior gameplay is as great as ever. The story keeps going downhill but it is still very decent. It's the best action game on the PS3 so I wanted to give it a 10 but I decided to give a 9 because God of War I has a better story and God of War II has better gameplay (boss battles). Kratos was a great character in the first game, but now he is becoming aGod of War is back and the superior gameplay is as great as ever. The story keeps going downhill but it is still very decent. It's the best action game on the PS3 so I wanted to give it a 10 but I decided to give a 9 because God of War I has a better story and God of War II has better gameplay (boss battles). Kratos was a great character in the first game, but now he is becoming a caricature of himself. It's getting more diffcult to take him seriously. The game is still great though. If you like this genre then you'll love this game because it's simply one of the best in the genre. Expand
  78. Mar 3, 2013
    let me start by saying this game is awsome having been a fan of the series since its inception i was excited to see what they could do with the ps3s power i was disappointed this game runs amazingly with some absolutly stunnig graphics. the story continues kratos journey of revenge and what fun it is killing gods has neverbeen so much fun a must buy for any ps3 owner
  79. Dec 28, 2012
    God of War III is an immensely satisfying, epic close to an outstanding series. The story could not have been better. The scale and grandeur of previous God of War games is still there as you are thrown in the most unlikely and exciting situations imaginable. The music is also noteworthy; it is so excellent as to make the entire game better and enhance the atmosphere distinctively. MyGod of War III is an immensely satisfying, epic close to an outstanding series. The story could not have been better. The scale and grandeur of previous God of War games is still there as you are thrown in the most unlikely and exciting situations imaginable. The music is also noteworthy; it is so excellent as to make the entire game better and enhance the atmosphere distinctively. My biggest concern with the game, however, is that the gameplay is literally identical to the previous two. For that reason, and although God of War III might even be the best in the trilogy, I haven't had as much fun as I had with the first and second. As a series God of War is unique, but every one of its iterations is the same. Combined with the simple and linear gameplay inherent in the GOW series, the third deserves an 8. Expand
  80. Dec 11, 2012
    This is a hard one to review. It has been a while since I have played it, I think I beat it in December 2010, but I remember being disappointed. Now, I am a huge God of War fan, I remember following the first one before it ever came out watching all the videos from e3, and loved twisted metal, so I had high hope for the first game, and it absolutely blew me away, The second game was theThis is a hard one to review. It has been a while since I have played it, I think I beat it in December 2010, but I remember being disappointed. Now, I am a huge God of War fan, I remember following the first one before it ever came out watching all the videos from e3, and loved twisted metal, so I had high hope for the first game, and it absolutely blew me away, The second game was the first game I actually beat completely and It exceeded my even higher exceptions that I had had from playing the first game. Then I played the PSP chains of olympus and loved it, and was amazed at how well it was for the limitation of the PSP, but still thought it was an enjoyable game.

Now finally for GOW 3, this game is epic, and is GOW, but some where some things that should out to me that kept this game from being what the other ones are. First off I loved how they made changes to the basic formula, the magic for instance is better used and the addition of an action bar for ranged weapons like the bow was a smart move because I hardly ever used it in GOW 2 because it used my magic and I preferred other things. There are numerous other small additions as well like charging into solders and grabbing them while running, and climbing a cyclops attacking, it is all additions to help perfect the combat. Now what I felt disappointed about was the color scheme, which was dark the whole way through, which granted did fit the story but to me I got kind of old. The aerial Labyrinth: the prison of Pandora and Daedalus was especially dark I thought and just could have been more impressive with more color to the art. The vistas were limited or the same one was used, ( the one where the option to look ), and the whole game felt kinda small. This is hard to describe but it was felt especially since that is a lot of backtracking in the game it became more of an almost open world game of sorts where you had one big level and smaller levels in between that you would go to and would eventually go back to. Now this will be misleading to those who haven't played the game but it makes sense to me. Anyways so to me it made the whole game feel smaller and one part in particular that I thought would have been awesome was when you are climbing from the bottom of the chain to get to the top you start climbing and then it blacks out and you appear on top, This makes sense because you probably would have spent like 1 hour climbing the dang thing, But to me it would have been absolutely amazing and probably would have fixed the Epic feel for me to see the camera zoom all the way out so you could see the levels at the bottom of the chain, and the levels that are above the chain and then the camera zoom in and you would be on he top. That would have been epic, but I guess that is a technical impossibility. All in all this is a great game, I also loved how there were times where it was slower and you finally got to really meet different characters like the blacksmith for example, and this game is an obvious for anyone who is on the fence but I wanted to be a little more picky to help those thinking about making a new one.

All in all the graphics are amazing, the combat is truly perfect now, but the overall darkness of it all, and I don't even mean just the dark feeling but lack of lighting along with the use of it all being felt like it was all in the same level, didn't help me feel like I was in another kratos adventure like the others.
  81. Dec 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. EPIC. With a capital AWESOME. I love mythology and I love video games, particularly video games with a lot of action and violence (coupled with a compelling and interesting story of course). What does God of War III have? You guessed it. Mythology, violence, and a story. The first two games were really a joy, and I loved them, but to end the series they really went to epic and divine proportions. I mean, what other game has you taking on Mt. Olympus and the gods of Greek Mythology???? AND KILLING THEM. BRUTALLY. Every time Kratos took out a god, I wanted the Mortal Kombat voice to state "FATALITY". I definitely took great pleasure in the fact that Kratos' badassedness (yes that's a word) culminated with the killing of the mightiest of all gods, Zeus himself. The fact that the team stayed true to the powers, appearance, and character of the gods appealed to my love for mythology. And the way they are killed is also believable actually. Amazing visuals, fantastic fight scenes (particularly the boss fights against the gods of course), and the only downside is that you eventually run out of gods to kill. Sadface. The pacing is well done too, you definitely feel like you're progressing up the mountain instead of jumping to different "levels" as most games make you do. Buy this game if you don't have it, and play it to your heart's content. Then once you're done, and whenever you feel like letting off a little steam and take out someone supposedly more powerful than you, pop this game in and bring Mt. Olympus to its knees. Expand
  82. Nov 29, 2012
    God of War still with his maximum strength, the main character always strong releasing his fury on his enemies. The cinematographic scene were great, nice dialogue, epic music, giant bosses (literally), a perfect 10.
  83. Nov 17, 2012
    I did not play the previous games, but I did like this game. It's not really those games that make you think, its those games make you escape from thinking, and focus on killings. Everything is good and well made in the game, but it may not be people who dislikes violence.
  84. Nov 15, 2012
    Excellent game. It has a very good story, great gameplay, it's challenging, and it exceeds expectations for a hack and slash game. The only problem I had with the game is so few boss fights. I thought the minotaur and Ares fights were great and after watching what the studio had to cut out of the game, I kinda feel that they wanted to add more but they didn't have the budget. :(
  85. Nov 5, 2012
    The graphics are very beautiful, like a pixar job. The history is interesting, but little infant for me. I don´t like this kind of gameplay (only fast hands, don´t think), but its efficient. If you liked Gow 1 and 2, its a great choice.
  86. Nov 3, 2012
    Played God Of War III again and simply it is brilliant in every way. This game really deserves a 10 IMO and it stays comfortably in my game collection. Brutality is the theme of the series. I wonder what the 4th installment will be like. Hah hah.
  87. Oct 28, 2012
    Ended it yesterday. What a game! Brutal, gory and completely satisfying! Never the less it's a linear adventure not much to my liking. The linearity not the adventure. The quick time events are also a pain in the a.. but all the rest is just to good and satisfying so who cares? God of War III rocks and Kratos is the ultimate bad ass.
  88. Oct 22, 2012
    I've already beaten God of War III, but some of the levels including challenges are hard to beat. Kratos has gone from Ladies Man to pissing every scum in the universe. Hades, Zeus, and even that backstabbing Athena and Gaia. Best of all, I love God of War III. It's way better than God of War I or II.
  89. Oct 6, 2012
    The graphics of the characters and scenarios is at its best and not spoiled by any technical shortcomings. Kratos brings an action-adventure of the superclass.
  90. Oct 1, 2012
    Sure, it looks and sounds amazing but I just think this is a really poor action game. The combat is dull, no matter how amazing it looks. The camera is really quite frustrating and I just don't care for the story. A very overhyped, but very mediocre action game.
  91. Sep 20, 2012
    (Translate from Portuguese into English)Melhor jogo que já joguei até hoje,do começo ao fim empolgante,gráficos de ponta,trilha sonora perfeita,jogabilidade idem,chefes dignos da grandiosidade do jogo,derrotar Chronos foi uma das lutas mais épicas que já vi em um jogo,valeu cada centavo,a cada jogo novo do espartano Kratos ele se supera ,só(Translate from Portuguese into English)Melhor jogo que já joguei até hoje,do começo ao fim empolgante,gráficos de ponta,trilha sonora perfeita,jogabilidade idem,chefes dignos da grandiosidade do jogo,derrotar Chronos foi uma das lutas mais épicas que já vi em um jogo,valeu cada centavo,a cada jogo novo do espartano Kratos ele se supera ,só poderia ser um pouco maior o jogo,mas mesmo assim ele compensa em muitos outros aspectos.Kratos neste jogo não perdoa nada que entre em seu caminho.Épico o define. Expand
  92. Sep 17, 2012
    God of War III masters the following: Graphics, Story, and from time to time gameplay. The game was kinda
    short I thought but still is a masterpiece. I'm though I didn't spend $60 on this game because I would have felt unsatisfied.
  93. Aug 22, 2012
    Best first 15 minutes of a game I ever had im my life was in God of War 3, the game is like the predecessors, with astonishing visuals and a lot of brutality and gore, lots of gods to get killing, new perspectives and camera changes in some fights brought the game even closer to the best game i ever played, I just don't give it a 10 because its similar to the predecessors in many ways,Best first 15 minutes of a game I ever had im my life was in God of War 3, the game is like the predecessors, with astonishing visuals and a lot of brutality and gore, lots of gods to get killing, new perspectives and camera changes in some fights brought the game even closer to the best game i ever played, I just don't give it a 10 because its similar to the predecessors in many ways, but, GoW 1 and 2 were rate 10 games in its times so its well deserved 9. A must have if you own a PS3, and now 2012 you can buy it very cheap, you will not regret it. Expand
  94. Aug 9, 2012
    God of War III the name itself has great meaning inside that how it would be from inside. I bought my play station 3 recently, about one month ago and this is my first game. I have no words for this it is extremely good. I didn't feel anything wrong. Game play, graphics, story line, camera views, dialogs, characters, expressions while talking, fighting..... every thing is just perfect. IGod of War III the name itself has great meaning inside that how it would be from inside. I bought my play station 3 recently, about one month ago and this is my first game. I have no words for this it is extremely good. I didn't feel anything wrong. Game play, graphics, story line, camera views, dialogs, characters, expressions while talking, fighting..... every thing is just perfect. I cant give more than 10 least I would give it 100 out of 10. This is my most favorite games. Top of the list. Expand
  95. Aug 7, 2012
    This game is oh so close to a 10. If I had to put an extra decimal in there I'd have it as a 9.4, so just not quite enough to round up to that next number. Either way, this is a plain awesome game. It looks great, especially if you play it right after playing the first two in the series, the difference really shows what the PS3 is capable of over the PS2, as it very well should. It's stillThis game is oh so close to a 10. If I had to put an extra decimal in there I'd have it as a 9.4, so just not quite enough to round up to that next number. Either way, this is a plain awesome game. It looks great, especially if you play it right after playing the first two in the series, the difference really shows what the PS3 is capable of over the PS2, as it very well should. It's still a fun thing to do. The controls and overall gameplay for this game are not much different than the rest of the series. It's easy to play, and the difficulty levels are actually very well done. If you're more of a person who just wants to mash, the easy level is right for you. If you're someone who likes to incorporate more strategy, then playing on a higher difficulty will make you happy. The story for this game is nothing short of epic as well. As for the gore and nudity, I'm not someone who will be swung either way by that stuff, I've been out of high school for over a decade, I don't automatically associate either of those things with coolness anymore.

As a whole this is a great game. I had a lot of fun throughout playing this game. There was not a single dull moment throughout. This is a game that will clearly be seen as one of the better games throughout this generation, if not an all time great itself.
  96. Jul 31, 2012
    Epic game. Epic Boss battles. Epic Ending to the trilogy. Epic gameplay. Epic Music. This game have many great moments and the mythology is fascinating.
  97. Jul 30, 2012
    A conclusion to end krato's misery for good in God of war 3

Story- Kratos wants to kill every god so he can claim vengeance for himself. Graphics- A good upgraded graphics in this game but nothing else to talk about. Gameplay- Still retains its awesome, grusome, hack and slash, and challenging puzzles to entertain fans. only new thing is for every enemy that kratos kills all their
    A conclusion to end krato's misery for good in God of war 3

Story- Kratos wants to kill every god so he can claim vengeance for himself.

Graphics- A good upgraded graphics in this game but nothing else to talk about.

Gameplay- Still retains its awesome, grusome, hack and slash, and challenging puzzles to entertain fans. only new thing is for every enemy that kratos kills all their blood is poured into the outside of kratos body and skins which i was shocked in seeing such pure epic for how many people kratos just so he can cause vegeance in happen.

Overall- God of war 3 does end in a big bang but the story end in a WTF moment where it'll lead you in wondering if santa monica is ever going to continue after god of war 3 which may happen who knows but Kratos will still be our badass who killing many enemies and making the ladies get laid by him.

Final Score- 9.5
  98. Jul 23, 2012
    This review is written by somebody that has played GOW 1 and 2 and I'm being 100 truthful in this review.
    This game is dated, it's everything we hate in game today, button mashing, quick time events and lots of just stupid mini puzzles and confusing level design + fixed camera.
    Yes it is epic at times, but in the end you'll just spend most of the game mad at all the problems, and most epic moment you wont even be able to enjoy because they are quick time events, so you'll just be looking at the little markers on the extremes of the screen.
    I wish I'd never bought it, I only got it to see how it ended.
    For me this was a true Greek tragedy. 4/10
  99. Jul 13, 2012
    Without a doubt, the best game I have ever played and the reason I bought a PS3. I seriously recommend acquiring all the other God of War games in the series before playing this one though, so as to get up to speed with what is going on. The fact that the cutscenes are entirely made from in-game graphics exhibits how confident Santa Monica was that they have indeed achieved somethingWithout a doubt, the best game I have ever played and the reason I bought a PS3. I seriously recommend acquiring all the other God of War games in the series before playing this one though, so as to get up to speed with what is going on. The fact that the cutscenes are entirely made from in-game graphics exhibits how confident Santa Monica was that they have indeed achieved something amazing. As with previous entries in the series, this game is bloody, gory, run super-smoothly and features some nice gratuitous nudity. A must get for every gamer. Expand
  100. Jul 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An epic conclusion to the God of War trilogy, GoWIII picks up exactly where II left off. Krato has finally completely gone off the deep end now that all the Gods and Goddesses are standing in his way, as far as he's concerned. The game takes a few turns plot wise that you won't expect, several that you will, and some twists will take you completely for a spin.

The graphics are beautiful and this might be the best example of what the Playstation 3 is capable of visually, there are few games that really try to come near the console's performance limits. The combos are still just as awesome as they've ever been with a God of War game, some of the weapons/attacks/items you'll gain will be really cool. If you like somewhat bastardized Greek Mythology, any of the other God of War games, or a good hack and slash adventure with a few puzzle elements, then you will definitely like God of War III.

Please play this trilogy in order though to really appreciate that great story telling that Santa Monica Studio provides in these games.
  101. Aug 22, 2010

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you liked the previous God of War titles, you're going to feel right at home with this one.
  2. But despite God of War III being afraid of flying too close to the sun -lest those carefully crafted wings should melt- the journey is relentlessly exciting; a blistering spectacle told in blood and thunder. Truly epic, then. And I defy anyone to argue with the definition this time around.
  3. God of War 3 is fantastic, and has at least three scenes that are utterly magnificent. Design and gameplay-wise, it's absolutely stunning. The downside is that it doesn't have that clear cut perfection that its predecessor had; the polish shine that brilliantly lit up our eyes when we first enjoyed God of War 2.