• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Dec 6, 2013
7.6

1. May 3, 2014
    Let's resume that quickly, this is Gran Turismo 5.5 . Nothing Else, an upgrade. I would like to be the same thrill that was when i switched from Gran Turismo 2 to 3.
  2. Jun 27, 2014
    I have had every Grand Turismo Game from the very first one all the way back since the late 90s all have been great games realistic & graphically superior to most driving sims, by far the best out of the bunch is Grand Turismo 5 ,Grand Turismo 6 is lacking a lot it feels incomplete, were do I start ? Soundtrack is abysmal the worst ever for the series, the menu set up looks straight fromI have had every Grand Turismo Game from the very first one all the way back since the late 90s all have been great games realistic & graphically superior to most driving sims, by far the best out of the bunch is Grand Turismo 5 ,Grand Turismo 6 is lacking a lot it feels incomplete, were do I start ? Soundtrack is abysmal the worst ever for the series, the menu set up looks straight from PS1,driving performance is poor getting rid of the Bspec mode bad move, Prizes seemed to limited especially when completing the Career mode challenges and what’s with the stars total rubbish! This game is a cheaped up arcadey version rushed to the shelves id never thought I’d say this simply the worst Gran Turismo ever by far Grand Turismo 5 is the best driving sim ever this one completely sucks utter garbage and a waste of money a total disappointment. Expand
  3. Apr 17, 2014
    Somehow better and somehow worse than GT5.
    The cars handle better, but there's no B-spec mode.
    The designers are a-holes though...why force me to use racing hard tyres in a bloody wet weather race? Game devs must really hate their job to pour so much hate our way.
    Thankfully the microtransactions are not in-yer-face.
    Roll on GT7.
  4. Jul 6, 2014
    3 years...waiting and these changes to this kind of game...WHY? New graphics, 100+ cars, more tracks but still the same game as GT5. Disappointment. I expected more for this game. Still btw it's not bad game(it's a still excellnt game) but it still 7/10
  5. Apr 25, 2014
    To put it short, compared to GT5 this is much better but it is still let down by some niggles Polyphonic Digital should have phased out ages ago. If you're a GT fan, then you won't be disappointed (much). The physics have been much improved over GT5, you can easily tell a front wheel drive from a rear wheel drive, rear wheel drive cars are playful now and are controllable rather than theTo put it short, compared to GT5 this is much better but it is still let down by some niggles Polyphonic Digital should have phased out ages ago. If you're a GT fan, then you won't be disappointed (much). The physics have been much improved over GT5, you can easily tell a front wheel drive from a rear wheel drive, rear wheel drive cars are playful now and are controllable rather than the classic GT spin of doom - overall physics have matured although frustratingly GT5 should have already been at that stage.

The niggles come down to Gran Turismo not challenging it's own status quo - most races are rolling starts which in reality means you're doing time trials with traffic most of the time and very annoying traffic at that. You get no sense of realism as soon as they hit simply because they cannot break a static racing line, brake randomly when not needed and seem to slow down for you if you've made a mistake. Generally then, it's easy as usual.

The other fustration is the severe lack of races that actually use tyre wear, pit stops, fuel usage. damage etc. What is the point in putting these features in if you only make use of them occasionally? I really hope the first GT to come out on the PS4 finally incorporates all of these feedback from many fans otherwise it will just be an aging franchise - not one that pushed the console racing boundary of the later years.

Online is fairly poor too. You can get in races no problem but the experience and incentives to play this game online are really lacking.

Despite all of this though I have give it an 8 because I love racing sims and this is hands down the best of them all that so far I have played on a console - features as mentioned above would have made it a 9 maybe a 10, but Gran Turismo has a lot to answer for so I am being harsh in the hope PD will listen.
  6. May 18, 2014
    Não há um salto gráfico em relação ao 5(é melhorado em poucos detalhes), mas o dinamismo nos menus, o sistema de habilitação, os loadings, tudo foi aprimorado dando muito mais prazer ao jogar. a física continua fantástica e é muito mais fácil de perder o controle do carro (mesmo com as assistências ligadas) que seu antecessor. Muito bom
  7. Feb 17, 2014
    Disappointing, but still a good Gran Turismo experience
    Disappointing, but still a good Gran Turismo experience
    The Gameplay has become more realistic with it's new physics engine, making the driving feel more like you're driving the car, I even like that if you go off track, the car will get dirtier, HUGE improvement, Sadly, doesn't apply in all cars. The Moon missions even emulate the gravity in the moon, the coffee break challenges give a nice opportunity to have fun with your own car. But.... Some of the cars don't look good, it gets worse with it's awful traction sounds, I was like..."That is not how a Bugatti Veyron sounds like" The graphics look more downgraded than GT5, the shadows look worse and it looks less bright. Still no damage, Really? THIS IS PS3!
    The huge dealership is a better improvement, easier to find a car you need, the career mode is even better.
    The arcade mode SUCKS, only a small selection of cars, less custom features for your race and less racers. 8 instead of 16 in your race.
    Overall, if you're a racing fan with a PS3, Stick with 5, this is a disappointment, but still, this game is good, just good.
  8. Feb 25, 2014
    The game itself is O.K but the graphics are ordinary and the difficulty is highly contrasted. The play-through is terrible and it should have kept the old engine sounds. I understand that there will be updates to improve the game and i'm sure they will, but I still regret ever getting it. It is underwhelming as a game and it gets me very angry because it only takes a millisecond forThe game itself is O.K but the graphics are ordinary and the difficulty is highly contrasted. The play-through is terrible and it should have kept the old engine sounds. I understand that there will be updates to improve the game and i'm sure they will, but I still regret ever getting it. It is underwhelming as a game and it gets me very angry because it only takes a millisecond for everything to go completely down the drain. So yes, I am giving it a 1, because it is awful. Polyphony digital, i expected better than this. Do better next time. Expand
  9. Feb 28, 2014
    GT6 is just the latest of what have been an amazing line up of racing games over the years. I love starting and mastering the simple stuff... a Honda Civic and then working my skills and my bank account up to an Nissan GTR Spec V and then on to the big boys like a Bugatti Veyron. The graphics, controls, sound effects, music and anything else you can think of is all there. Waiting to beGT6 is just the latest of what have been an amazing line up of racing games over the years. I love starting and mastering the simple stuff... a Honda Civic and then working my skills and my bank account up to an Nissan GTR Spec V and then on to the big boys like a Bugatti Veyron. The graphics, controls, sound effects, music and anything else you can think of is all there. Waiting to be driven to a million RPMs. Expand
  10. Feb 28, 2014
    Great game, a pretty large improvement over GT5. Although yes, there are still standard cars and God-awful sounds, the simulation is the best I have ever experienced. Easily my favorite GT game.
    Once PD gives the game better sounds, the Community and Quick-Race modes, plus all the other things they promised would be later implemented in the game, I will give the game a 10. For now, I think it deserves a 9.
  11. Sep 24, 2014
    When it comes to simulation in driving in Video Games, Gran Turismo 6 is no.1 for sure. After recently having a battle to what I like more Forza or Gran Turismo. And after playing Forza 5 and 4 and GT5. GT6 makes me a PS fanboy of a sort. With its massive selection of cars, tracks, and it's beautiful day and night cycle. With rain, gravel, snow and dirt tracks, it's a very variedWhen it comes to simulation in driving in Video Games, Gran Turismo 6 is no.1 for sure. After recently having a battle to what I like more Forza or Gran Turismo. And after playing Forza 5 and 4 and GT5. GT6 makes me a PS fanboy of a sort. With its massive selection of cars, tracks, and it's beautiful day and night cycle. With rain, gravel, snow and dirt tracks, it's a very varied experience. But no game is perfect. This has it flaws.

Pros:
    - 1200+ Cars
    - GT6 career mode is varied and diverse.
    - driving, turn everything off, Apex everything, become a legend.
    - tracks, a huge selection, including my personal favourite. Bathurst.
    - sounds are amazing.

Cons:
    - the game freezes a bit too much, especially after races when you claim victory
    - the graphics are pretty, but some tracks and cars don't have as much attention to detail.
    - blackout cockpits is just lazy.

Overall running at a stunning 1080P 60FPS on the PS3, presumably the last on this gen, it's an amazing game with flaws that don't hold it back too much.

9/10.
  12. Jan 22, 2015
    I'm sorry but this game is plain inadequate. The worst thing about GT6 is the sound: a lot of cars share the same generic engine noises and most of the time they sound like hairdryers and lawnmawners. Ford GT sounds absolute shiet. I spent like a month and a half on this game, I'm not saying it's bad or anything... it's just that there are so many better racing games out there...
  13. Ozy
    Nov 5, 2014
    Gran turismo is the best race simulator you can find out there. Must have a wheel for the absolute experience. What i hate is everything other than the actual racing. The game menu's online menu's waiting time - just the overall set out of the menus really suck! No jokes, if i were to sit down now for an online race, it would take me at least an hour before im actually racing. Why? wellGran turismo is the best race simulator you can find out there. Must have a wheel for the absolute experience. What i hate is everything other than the actual racing. The game menu's online menu's waiting time - just the overall set out of the menus really suck! No jokes, if i were to sit down now for an online race, it would take me at least an hour before im actually racing. Why? well either i have to work on my car, win money to by a new car, find a game online, join a group who are about to finish up, etc etc etc. I hate to say this but GT needs some sought of arcade online racing - the shuffle race was good where is it now? Apart from taking the game seriously - it really needs a simple side too. Gamers should be able to sign on and race as quickly as COD online. Expand
  14. May 11, 2014
    el gran turismo 5 era mejor que el 6 por que tenia el 3d para las pantallas que lo soportaran y era mas realista en los controles y tenia conectividad con el psp pero aqui lo que destaca el la jugabilidad y modo de responder de los vehiculos y los carros y sus circuitos son buenos pero no llegara a ser lo que fue el gran turismo 5 pero es buen jueg
  15. May 20, 2014
    im not the worlds biggest fan of the gt series i have only played two five and six and i have to say six is a massive improvement on five but the only thing missing is a damage system most of the races are too easy i just chose my beefed up ferrari and just bash and crash my way to the line and most of the time that works still a bunch of fun but until damage comes in its only an 8
  16. Jun 18, 2014
    As a huge fan of the series, this is the best version on PS3...load time improvements are the first thing I noticed over GT5. Car physics certainly feel more realistic and I don't think the micro-transactions take away from the game at all. They are simply there for people who don't have the time/patience to earn credit the hard way...not a big deal. I'd say GT2 is easily my favoriteAs a huge fan of the series, this is the best version on PS3...load time improvements are the first thing I noticed over GT5. Car physics certainly feel more realistic and I don't think the micro-transactions take away from the game at all. They are simply there for people who don't have the time/patience to earn credit the hard way...not a big deal. I'd say GT2 is easily my favorite probably followed by a tie between this and GT4. My only complaint is there is nothing really exciting and new feeling. It feels like the same GT as it has since the beginning but they need to do something more...smarter tougher AI would be a good start. The AI feels just as dumb as it was in GT1 Expand
  17. Jul 4, 2014
    While I've only played GT5 for less than 20 hours, I can say the improvements made to GT6 were in my case worth while. Previously on GT5, rally races resulted to a strange 'hollowed wood' knocking noise on my Logitech G27, possibly caused by improper use of the FFB (force feedback). Not only has that dissipated, the general feel of the wheel and responsiveness seems to have been improvedWhile I've only played GT5 for less than 20 hours, I can say the improvements made to GT6 were in my case worth while. Previously on GT5, rally races resulted to a strange 'hollowed wood' knocking noise on my Logitech G27, possibly caused by improper use of the FFB (force feedback). Not only has that dissipated, the general feel of the wheel and responsiveness seems to have been improved and is now more enjoyable. in addition the UI has been cleaned up dramatically; it's now much more organized and easily navigable. While I can't say that this installment has brought in many new innovative features, just having the force feedback signal somehow repaired was well money spent in my case. Expand
  18. Aug 28, 2014
    An enormous disappointment, because the sixth installment of what was once the world's premier console racing game not only has fallen far behind the industry leaders, it's actually slipped relative to its predecessors. Poll after poll shows that the most popular (and in this reviewer's opinion, most fun) game of the Gran Turismo series was GT4, which came out at the end of 2004; sinceAn enormous disappointment, because the sixth installment of what was once the world's premier console racing game not only has fallen far behind the industry leaders, it's actually slipped relative to its predecessors. Poll after poll shows that the most popular (and in this reviewer's opinion, most fun) game of the Gran Turismo series was GT4, which came out at the end of 2004; since then the game's graphics have been improved (though not enough to keep up with the industry leaders) but Polyphony Digital has managed to suck almost all of the enjoyment out of playing the game.

Specifically what's wrong? I'm not talking about the issues the series has always had, such as the designers' frustrating (to non-Japanese players) obsession with Japanese cars, which still make up a disproportionate number of those available (though the balance has improved greatly and the selection really isn't too bad any more). Nor do I mean the oft-talked-about "standard" cars, those whose graphics models haven't been updated since the PS2 days and that therefore look primitive (and lack interior views completely). The former issue is something every Gran Turismo fan has learned to live with; the latter isn't really a problem considering how many premium cars (i.e., those whose graphics are reasonably in keeping with the hardware) there are.

No, what brings me to type this review isn't so much the stuff that PD has never gotten right, it's the things they had done well and that have now gotten worse. The most obvious of these is the events and features that are missing completely. Did you enjoy rally events in GT4 or 5? Too bad — they're completely gone. (But the shop still sells dirt tires...) Did you like the endurance races? They're gone too. Did you enjoy getting prize cars after winning a series or a long endurance race? Those have been largely eliminated, unless you want to play online (a feature that I am not commenting extensively on, as it isn't available to everyone as part of the game itself, but I'll note in passing that nearly every aficionado of online play finds PD's system nearly unusable...). And the simple interface of GT4, with everything in view at once? Gone, replaced by an ugly set of menus that aren't so much nonfunctional as... well, just bad.

Oh, there's one thing that they've added (back), after it disappeared with GT5: license tests. Yes, no matter how many racing games (including Gran Turismo) you've played, GT thinks that you shouldn't be allowed to race a fast car until you've shown, repeatedly, that you know how to find a braking point, an apex, and so on. I've never met anyone who thinks the license tests are in any way a positive addition to the game, but Kaz (Kazunori Yamauchi, the game's lead designer) is obsessed with the technical aspects of racing, so licenses are back, whether you (or anyone else) likes them or not.

Ah, but the racing — that's where it's at, right? GT has always been the premier racing game, so there's where it should shine... except this is actually where it falls flattest. For one thing, most of your early forays into racing will be in dull, slow cars — from the beginning you are forced to race PD's idea of what is best for a brand new driver (whether you are one or not). I guess there are joys to be had racing 80 horsepower front-drive econoboxes... and you'll get to experience them, a lot, of you want to graduate to anything faster. Woo hoo.

Once you're actually racing something worthwhile, the disappointments will become even more acute. I didn't think it was possible for an AI to be worse that that of previous GT games, but PD managed it — the opposing cars drive on rails, rubberband at times, and commit random inexplicable errors that mean that any competent driver should blow them a way in a "fair" race. Except that qualifying is also gone, so that race starts with you far behind the leaders. Oh, and be careful as you pass everyone (as you will if you don't completely stink at this), because they also like to knock you off the track without warning, even on straightaways.

So much else is missing too. There's no car damage (well, technically there are minor visual indications of damage, but they have no effect on the driving). Nothing to keep you from wall-riding and cutting corners. No rewinding. No trading cars among users. Ridiculous restrictions on what color you can paint your cars. Sounds that, without exception as far as I can tell, do not at all resemble those of the cars in question. Questionable tuning dynamics. And on and on.

We're told, repeatedly, that many of these issues will be fixed in updates that are coming "soon". Well, even if they were coming tomorrow this review is of the game that you can buy today, and that game stinks. Further, GT6 has been out a year and almost no significant flaw has been rectified; none of us is holding his breath.

Gran Turismo was once both a fine simulator and a fun game. It's no longer either.
  19. Sep 28, 2014
    All I have to say is best real racing game of 2013. Probably my most favirate game on the PS3. Just wait in the future and there will be some awesome new updates coming up. The game would be better.
  20. Sep 29, 2014
    + Very good racing physics
    + Nice graphics
    + Online is OK (for now)
    + A lot of cars and tracks
    + Quick loadings and menu

- Very poor sounds
    - Too many "basic" models of cars
    - Veeery slow improvements in updates (developing not useful things such as car data acquisition, while everyone engine sounds like a vacuum)
  21. Nov 11, 2014
    This game is the best gt on ps3
    it have over 1200 cars (400 premium), a total of 100 track on 30+ location, best physics on console, full time transition and weather.
    there still the sound, damage and AI thats still lacking.
    True score: 8.7
  22. Mar 2, 2015
    This game is awesome! Nice graphics and physics, exciting cars, nice tuning system, great courses and awesome events. You can drive everything from good old to future-looking cars on many fun courses. The menus and navigation are going much faster than on GT5, especially the loading time when you are starting a race. Another thing i like are GT vision, you can find many beautiful andThis game is awesome! Nice graphics and physics, exciting cars, nice tuning system, great courses and awesome events. You can drive everything from good old to future-looking cars on many fun courses. The menus and navigation are going much faster than on GT5, especially the loading time when you are starting a race. Another thing i like are GT vision, you can find many beautiful and exciting cars to try out there. I liked the online system too, it worked well and you can start a quick match if you want to, or make a new lobby. You can play different special events too, they are really fun to try out! One thing i did not like about this game are the soundtrack. The menu songs are OK, but when you are preparing for a race, the songs are giving me an arcade racing game feeling, and i am not a big fan of that. Expand
  23. Nov 20, 2014
    Gran Turismo 6 is evidently an improvement from its predecessor, but it can still at times feel unfinished at times. I believe this era is one to forget for Polyphony Digital, and perhaps to start fresh for the next. The circuits available are much more appealing to real drivers, and some cars look gorgeous, however I think the game could've been released for Playstation 4.
    An
    An enthusiastic racing fan should definitely pick this up, as the physics are exquisite.
  24. Dec 10, 2014
    Having Played 5, It's just... like there's less here.

There's no track generator, so no more epic rally stages of awesomeness to conquer, no more twisting ribbons of treachery to admire/despise/redo/perfect . Enjoy like... 5 stages of rally, and a few roundabout courses that have been in numerous GT's before now. Joy. The car sounds, are Depressing. the chevy corvette sounds
    Having Played 5, It's just... like there's less here.

The car sounds, are Depressing. the chevy corvette sounds so uninspiring that it literally made me regret buying the C6R as good as it is. I am constantly rolling my eyes when I buy a new car, because it sounds like the last car with a Very tiny twist.

There are these icon cars for 20,000,000 credits that poly must think people are going to spend honest money to own. Who are they kidding?

Yes as always... there's some new tracks.
    Yes there's more hi def cars (I guess. Having to sort through 10 skylines that I would find preferable with their respective PP values, I find myself owning the ONE skyline because it doesn't look like **** for example. sooo...)

But there's no more used cars either!

The PP Ratings for races are always stupid high, resulting in 450-600 horsepower cars and nearly limitless viciousness to GT's AI speedup/slowdown technique of trying to manage difficulty. (Which is terrible in and of itself, as far as I am concerned, but that comes later.)

There should be beater series races with 400 max PP and comfort hard tires at the short courses! THIS is the sunday/clubman, not this, realize I can run this 250 horsepower hot hatch PD just HAPPENED TO HAVE GIVEN ME for getting all golds, which is eye rollingly easy compared with say, GT3/4 in the low pp series against cars that are just marginally faster than Kei cars.

There are no more grid starts! officially, what gives! and it's not even a rolling start. it's an arcade start with just running down AI crippled cars until just after you pass them!

online play is so very sparse. You can't ever seem to really find what you're after, in my case. I guess I should be snooping forums for series, instead of using the GT's engine. But it's just disapointing.

The physics are improved, but it's still not on par with Forza's techniques. the rubber-band effect of steering a slide is awful, and just uncatchable. It's frustrating, It's not enjoyable, and it doesn't lend realism or credibility to the "sim".

That being said, I like seeing the stance of the car change with every suspension move I make in setup, I like the new paintbooth setup A LOT.

GT Needs a legitimate tire simulation. One needs only look at the ten year old Live For Speed project in youtube, to see what I mean. real simulation of tire deformation, load, heating inside middle and outside, and it all affects how it grips and deforms visually and physics wise. Bonus points for watching slow motion vids. you will understand after that.

I like how quickly it loads, I really like the large grids, but we need MUCH closer starts, and tighter rules/regs.

It just feels like a cash grab more than an iteration of the series, and it's disapointing from that standpoint. I want my track generator, advanced grid starts from multi, in single player, furthermore I want qualifying rounds from the original gran turismos to make a comeback. Honestly. If one wants to market something as simulation, take it on. as it is, it's still a poser.
  25. Dec 17, 2014
    While this GT6 graphics are better, the cars are more awesome, and driving is actually pleasant, my complaint is the simulation! True, the simulation of your car is great, it is the AIs I have a problem with! if you bump into the other cars, or if they bump into you, YOU are the one to go flying around the track. THEY don't really move. This makes for a horrible time on the tracks,While this GT6 graphics are better, the cars are more awesome, and driving is actually pleasant, my complaint is the simulation! True, the simulation of your car is great, it is the AIs I have a problem with! if you bump into the other cars, or if they bump into you, YOU are the one to go flying around the track. THEY don't really move. This makes for a horrible time on the tracks, especially the NASCAR tracks! I'd love it if they would change this so at the least the other cars would spin out as well! Expand
  26. Feb 21, 2015
    After logging in more than 20 hours, I can safely say that this is one of the best racing. Theres a lot of tracks. Theres customisation. Theres amazing challenges

1. Mar 4, 2014
    In some ways GT6 feels like a robust expansion pack, but there are enough general improvements and additions that you'll find this release makes GT5 obsolete. A fine return to form at the tail end of the generation.
  2. Without a doubt the best GT in the series thus far, but held back by aging game design and time-delayed DLC features. [January 2014, p70]
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    Gran Turismo 6 continues the familiar path, not taking any risks but delivering solid, fun driving experience. Standard cars still really need a major update though. [Jan 2014]