Grand Theft Auto IV PlayStation 3

7.5

1. Jul 6, 2017
    Técnicamente es un desastre debido a la mala optimización que hicieron de él por parte de sus desarrolladores por lo menos en el port de PS3, con un velo tabaquero cubriendo las calles de Liberty City, además de lo poco definido que están los "muñecos" con caras de plástico e inexpresivas un déficit incluso para la generación de la época, sino comparad con su hermano GTA 5. Su historiaTécnicamente es un desastre debido a la mala optimización que hicieron de él por parte de sus desarrolladores por lo menos en el port de PS3, con un velo tabaquero cubriendo las calles de Liberty City, además de lo poco definido que están los "muñecos" con caras de plástico e inexpresivas un déficit incluso para la generación de la época, sino comparad con su hermano GTA 5. Su historia principal es cruda pero superior al resto de la serie Grand Theft Auto. Expand
  2. Jul 4, 2017
    Rating: 9.8 out of 10.
    With hours and hours of story and fun to enjoy, Grand Theft Auto IV not only is one of the best offerings from Rockstar Games but also of the best games of all time.
  3. Jun 26, 2017
    The best game of Grand Theft Auto franchise!!!!!!!!! This is much better than cof cof, GTA San Andreas. The people are very hipocrite to say this game is a trash.
  4. Jun 21, 2017
    Take Two and Rockstar threatened to sue a modder without good reason. This sort of toxic behavior should not be tolerated. Don't support them by giving them your money.
  5. May 9, 2017
    I played the game recently in 2017 and was surprised at the rating of the game so far. While it has some good missions overall, the game mechanics is poor. Even when comparing this game to some others released in and around the same period, the game has some serious issues.

The graphics for the game is good and enjoyable, the missions are good too. The annoyance comes in when you fail a mission and then you need to drive all the way up to the mission start point. Very frustrating for some missions. Does not add to difficulty, but just waste of time.

The controls act very poorly, selecting the right weapon, throwing a grenade, riding the chopper all get tricky just because your played does not move properly. This after me having played several games with a higher difficulty quotient.

Very disappointed with this version of GTA.
  6. Mar 17, 2017
    Meh, it's entertaining for a couple hours, but that's about it. I'm not sure I could justify the cost, especially when there's so many good, inexpensive options for the PC now.
  7. Mar 12, 2017
    One of the best games ever made, it deserves the second place, it have it all, good gameplay, amazing history, good physics, man.. this game and rdr are the master pieces of rockstar. Congrats
  8. Mar 11, 2017
    Where to start. Let me preface this by saying that I'm a fan of the GTA series. I started with GTA 3 when I was 10 and it had just come out. But this game...I hate this game with every fiber of my being. I loathe this game. It is the second worst game I have ever played (Call of Juarez: The Cartel being number 1.)

The characters - This is the only game I've ever played where I wanted

The characters - This is the only game I've ever played where I wanted every single character to die at the end. I was hoping some catastrophic event would happen that would wipe them all out. Niko is a bland, boring, irritating lead character. A stereotype of Baltic crime. Roman was always calling and irritating me. He was one of the worst characters from any GTA title. Brucie was always yelling, constantly talking about being the alpha male, and while I understand he was meant to be an over the top take of steroid users and "manly men," he didn't come across that way. He came across as just downright annoying. And then all of the supporting characters are forgettable in every way.

The gameplay - The driving was like driving a boat that someone had stuck training wheels on and then made you drive through both molasses AND ice. Somehow that happened. It doesn't even make sense, but GTA IV managed to do it. The shooting and fighting was slow and clunky.

The revamp of Liberty City wasn't bad. I liked bits and pieces of it even though I'm partial to the original design from 3. That's the only reason this game gets a 1 and not a 0.

I just...my hatred for this game borders on unnatural.
  9. Mar 10, 2017
    Worst game ever! All you do is play with druggies and drunkies and idiots! You just go kill everyone in the game for no reason and keep on killing and killing all these idiots! this game should be banned because it sucks!
  10. Mar 4, 2017
    The terrible driving made the game unplayable for me. Worst GrandTheft Auto of all time. If your thinking of getting it just skip it for GTA 5 and you'll have a much better experience.
  11. Jan 13, 2017
    Can't remember a lot because it was many years ago, but sure it was fun, and San Andreas put the level so high so it had a hard task to surpass it. Most probably the GTA I played the less hours because besides bowling and a few sidequests, there's not much else to do but the missions, some of them interesting. This one made a high jump when it comes to quality, but maybe lacked some charmCan't remember a lot because it was many years ago, but sure it was fun, and San Andreas put the level so high so it had a hard task to surpass it. Most probably the GTA I played the less hours because besides bowling and a few sidequests, there's not much else to do but the missions, some of them interesting. This one made a high jump when it comes to quality, but maybe lacked some charm and charisma. Let's go play some bowling cousin, and play with the swing! (that was truly hilarious and glad that Rockstar didn't fix that bug) Expand
  12. Dec 19, 2016
    Short. Very few hours you can play in the game. The map is so freakin' small and on top of that it's full with buildings. Boring repetitive missions. Few guns available in the game, and also there's no weapon customization. The physics are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Cars felt goofy, not realistic AT ALL. Graphics are bad. After finishing the boring repetitive storyline there's almost nothing toShort. Very few hours you can play in the game. The map is so freakin' small and on top of that it's full with buildings. Boring repetitive missions. Few guns available in the game, and also there's no weapon customization. The physics are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Cars felt goofy, not realistic AT ALL. Graphics are bad. After finishing the boring repetitive storyline there's almost nothing to do. Very few vehicles. Very few stores available. Such a downgrade from GTA SA.

Still, it has that DARK Grand Theft Auto feeling tho, and characters are great.
  13. Dec 8, 2016
    I am actually surprised this game is so high. It was a good game and I played through the campaign and The Lost and The Damned DLC, enjoying it for the most part. Like all GTA games, V being better, there is too much damn driving and flying around, back and forth like a real life. I would love some more skip options on that stuff. I also thought the controls were too heavy and awkward onI am actually surprised this game is so high. It was a good game and I played through the campaign and The Lost and The Damned DLC, enjoying it for the most part. Like all GTA games, V being better, there is too much damn driving and flying around, back and forth like a real life. I would love some more skip options on that stuff. I also thought the controls were too heavy and awkward on this game. I do love how dark and gritty the game looks and feels, but the shortcomings make it one of my least favorite GTA games. Expand
  14. Dec 1, 2016
    Very dull and uninspired for a Grand Theft Auto game. Rockstar's attempts to make the game more serious don't work very well because seriousness doesn't contrast well against Grand Theft Auto's formula. Grand Theft Auto IV isn't a bad game by any means, it's just a very underwhelming one.
  15. Nov 18, 2016
    I played this game around 2011 so that is probably why I didn't like the game It just seems a bit shallow & boring but that's the thing I still love GTA 3 but then again GTA 3 is the only GTA game I like.
  16. Nov 11, 2016
    Awful and very overrated. The graphics and environments are dim and overused. The gameplay is repetitive boring and very overused. There are alot of very awkward moments too.
  17. Nov 1, 2016
    Overhyped junk.
    You see:
    Plot is dull and vague
    Missions are repetetive and unoriginal.
    Downfall of R* started here, with this lousy game.

graphx is good, so youngsters maybe be pleased, but that's it.
  18. Oct 31, 2016
    Graphics: 9.6 Sound: 9.7 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9.8

What a great game, storytelling, graphics, characters, plot and contemporary problems it reports. One more time, Rockstar has burst all done before.
  19. Oct 27, 2016
    This was the first GTA game I ever got my hands on. Fun as hell! The driving was excellent, the missions was fun (except for that annoying ass motorcycle chase), pretty good story, alive world, great gameplay. Lazy review but I gotta have at least 150 words whateva
  20. Oct 12, 2016
    The bottom line is this game is not that fun. It's a GTA game, so there will be some fun car racing scenes, a few good shootouts, and a bunch of missions. It's playable, and fans of the series will play it, obviously.

The story, while 'engaging' and 'emotional', is packed full of cliche. There's just nothing interesting there. Yes, immigrant trying to make a new life, except he jumps immediately into crime and we have no reason to care about him.

The missions are frankly pretty weak. There are a couple winners, like the bank heist. But, in an attempt to make this game more 'real', they neutered it of what makes GTA games fun, and that is the all-out insanity of a game you can do essentially anything you want. It complete pales in comparison to the missions (AND PARTICULARLY MISSION VARIETY!) of San Andreas.

And for a huge, realistic city, there wasn't anything in it I actually wanted to do. I could... play pool. Give us hundreds of jumps, or treasures to find. Something!

I found myself just going through the motions. Shoot, run, drive, with little pushing me on. It simply wasn't that fun.
  21. Aug 31, 2016
    This game describes how the crisis of 2008 maked the life of some americans fall down, because all in this game is based on that historical moment, i really enjoyed to play as Niko Bellic, a serbian guy whch comes becuase war destroyed his life, and he arrives a travel to liberty city, the worst city to live in america.
  22. Aug 14, 2016
    Лучшая игра на PS3 (после GTA 5)! Несмотря на сложную архитектуру PlayStation 3 и нераскрытый потенциал консоли - игра получилась достаточно красивой, с долей мрачности и серости Либерти-Сити. Единственный минус - апскейл до HD. Но стоит учитывать, то что игра вышла в начале поколения и все тонкости железа не знали. На этот раз игра стала серьезной, она повзрослела. Теперь сюжет стал болееЛучшая игра на PS3 (после GTA 5)! Несмотря на сложную архитектуру PlayStation 3 и нераскрытый потенциал консоли - игра получилась достаточно красивой, с долей мрачности и серости Либерти-Сити. Единственный минус - апскейл до HD. Но стоит учитывать, то что игра вышла в начале поколения и все тонкости железа не знали. На этот раз игра стала серьезной, она повзрослела. Теперь сюжет стал более драматичным и интересным. И игра действительно показывает, что связавшись с криминалом - ты будешь многое терять. И на этот раз Нико Беллик хотел начать новую жизнь, но всё пошло к черту. Теперь ему предстоит пройти сложный путь со своим кузеном Романом. Ещё интересно, что игра связана с Россией. Много персонажей из русской мафии Либерти-Сити, который срисован с Нью-Йорка. Ещё стиль игры и сюжет очень похож на фильм "Брат-2". Шедеврально. Expand
  23. Jul 12, 2016
    Grand Theft Auto 4 is the best in the series in my opinion and the reason for this is because it's more realistic, it's open world like the other games is great, it has a great story, it has more weapons and it has more vehicles that you can drive in. I just love going around and shooting and running over people (don't worry, i won't do that in real life).
  24. Jul 11, 2016
    Grand Theft Auto IV presents new characters, new mechanics, a new setting and a new universe. A serious man with a dark past, Niko Bellic comes to America expecting to live the American dream with his rich cousin, who is actually mired in debt. Niko is then forced to deal with his cousin's problems, but ends up making friends - and enemies - in the way. Ultimately, he discovers theGrand Theft Auto IV presents new characters, new mechanics, a new setting and a new universe. A serious man with a dark past, Niko Bellic comes to America expecting to live the American dream with his rich cousin, who is actually mired in debt. Niko is then forced to deal with his cousin's problems, but ends up making friends - and enemies - in the way. Ultimately, he discovers the American dream has a price. A high price. While it may miss some good features from its predecessors, GTA IV manages to be perfect on its own way. Expand
  25. Jun 20, 2016
    With a great story, sprawling open-world, amazing physics, and better-than-ever gameplay, GTA 4 is a masterpiece. There is so much to do in the freshened Liberty City. The graphics are a huge departure from the PS2 and PSP era GTA games. You can now freely aim your gun, and car damage is surprisingly realistic. I love the story and the characters. It is extremely entertaining and funny.With a great story, sprawling open-world, amazing physics, and better-than-ever gameplay, GTA 4 is a masterpiece. There is so much to do in the freshened Liberty City. The graphics are a huge departure from the PS2 and PSP era GTA games. You can now freely aim your gun, and car damage is surprisingly realistic. I love the story and the characters. It is extremely entertaining and funny. The online mode is good. I always like to play the races. However, it doesn't have a countdown timer, so people will always forget to click the "ready" button and a game could literally NEVER start. The problem with the PS3 version of this game is the framerate. I'm not even kidding, this game runs at an unsteady 20 fps, with the framerate dipping to sub-10fps more than you'd expect. The Xbox 360 version gets a 10/10, but this game is still a must-have PS3 game. Expand
  26. Jun 17, 2016
    Pretty good. There's a lot of detail and effort put into the game, some mechanics may seem outdated, but it lives up to its legacy. The framerate in PS3 might be a problem, but it doesnt break the fun overall.
  27. May 22, 2016
    Graphic: 8/10
    Sound: 10/10
    + great story, awesome characters, big soundtrack, big open world, good multiplayer, tons to discover, +100 vehicles - blurry graphic/textures, spongy control of characters Conclusion: As a big fan of the GTA games I can say this is a great masterpiece of a game. The game shows how the eastern immigrants life and have to fight to survive, in a America
    Graphic: 8/10
    Sound: 10/10

- blurry graphic/textures, spongy control of characters

Conclusion: As a big fan of the GTA games I can say this is a great masterpiece of a game. The game shows how the eastern immigrants life and have to fight to survive, in a America far away from the pleasant life you see in TV. The main character Nico and his cousin and all characters in this masterpiece are well done, the voice actors does it good, the soundtrack with hours of good music is also a big point in this game, especially the east European bands and your pop music is nice to hear. At long last, GTA 4 is a worthy successor with typical strong points of the series and a weak graphic (consoles) compared with a strong PC.
  28. Apr 21, 2016
    Un juego de transición entre GTA San Andreas y GTA V, Cuando se lanzo gráficamente (a mi) me parecía bestial, no tenia la ps3 y la quería por este juego, estaba obsesionado (Ya había jugado a sagas anteriores) El juego en historia es un poco flojo aunque tiene misiones muy divertidas. Y el Multijugador (Aunque no es lo mismo que el GTA V y el Samp de San Andreas) lo disfrute en su épocaUn juego de transición entre GTA San Andreas y GTA V, Cuando se lanzo gráficamente (a mi) me parecía bestial, no tenia la ps3 y la quería por este juego, estaba obsesionado (Ya había jugado a sagas anteriores) El juego en historia es un poco flojo aunque tiene misiones muy divertidas. Y el Multijugador (Aunque no es lo mismo que el GTA V y el Samp de San Andreas) lo disfrute en su época muchísimo, Si quieres este juego solo te lo recomiendo para jugar la campaña y hacer el chorra por Nueva York, Porque para eso ya tienes el GTA V que esta mas pensado para ello. Expand
  29. Apr 11, 2016
    After playing GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas it was hard to imagine being swept away again by another GTA game but man does this game deliver. The story, the characters, the setting and the game world are so well crafted and put together it's nice to see some developers still take time to prepare their works and not just milk a franchise with yearly releases.
  30. Mar 5, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't care about negative comments. I have my opinion. In this game you feel like in criminal life. And I played GTA 5 which was great but something was missing. And I remembered that GTA 5 lacks good story. And until this day I am a big fan of GTA 4, because of atmosphere in this game. Expand
  31. Feb 26, 2016
    I was only 9 years old I loved bowling so much,
    I had all the balls and shoes
    I pray to Roman every night before bed thanking him for the life I've been given. Roman is love I say, Roman is life Niko overhears me and calls me a yokel I knew he was just jealous of my devotion for bowling I called him an unloving brother He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep Im crying now, and my
    I was only 9 years old I loved bowling so much,
    I had all the balls and shoes
    Roman is love I say, Roman is life
    Niko overhears me and calls me a yokel
    I knew he was just jealous of my devotion for bowling
    I called him an unloving brother
    He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep
    Im crying now, and my face hurts
    I lay in bed and its really cold
  32. Feb 9, 2016
    GTA4 is nice game for xbox360 and ps3.
    Because pc version have gfwl and pc potting is awful.
    I can't save the game because focking gfwl.
    I played GTA4 with R9 270x, average frame is 55
    So,if you want to play GTA series, do another series
  33. Jan 27, 2016
    How did this get a higher critic score than GTA V? The story was bland and boring compared to GTA V which was really enjoyable this was nothing the characters were highly irritating their Serbian accents (I believe) were truly annoying as if it wasn't for the subtitles I wouldn't know what they were saying.
  34. Jan 15, 2016
    For me as as a GTA fan this is great game.Even now 7 years after release this is must have game.
    Graphic is solid,Game-play is very good.Only minus is vehicle control,specially entering in corner at high speed.Like driving carriage.8.5/10
  35. Jan 6, 2016
    Whilst GTA IV had the recipe for one of the greatest games of all time, it couldn't really capture the magic a Grand Theft Auto game would truly need to excel. GTA IV was far too dark, the main character was one dimensional and the game simply lacked the vibrant world it had the potential to produce. Nevertheless, it provided a premise that could perhaps be fulfilled in later instalments.
  36. Dec 29, 2015
    This was the most amazing gta after gta V.But i remember how bad was driving mechanics I always had to call taxi.I still love this game but its getting its age and no longer interests me.
  37. Dec 3, 2015
    This is by no doubt the best game ever made. GTA IV is holding up so well, there are few games that are as good or will ever be as good.

It is by no doubt it is one of the highest rated games of ALL TIME.
  38. Nov 23, 2015
    Grand Theft Auto VI

Grand Theft Auto VI

Game-Play:The game-play is a very big improvement from the previous games of the series much better gun play that suits the series very well and now you can point a gun and fire while you are inside the car this last part is not very well executed but I am happy that they put it in the game.Also they put cover in the game that i think it was needed from the Grand Theft Auto III .The driving is not that good sometimes it is like driving a boat not a car also the took out planes from the game witch i thing is really bad.Last but not least i would like more weapons in the game especially handguns I found only 2 in the game.

Story:The story is very simple at times and very complicated in others but it is nothing very special except the final missions which were awesome.But the story in general will be just enough to get you going.The story took me about 25 to 30 hours to finish it.

Graphics: The graphics are great and big improvement from previous titles in the series.

Notes:The clothing options were very limited and most of them were not even good but the game is great and I totally recommend to everyone to buy it ,this game worth the full price.
  39. Nov 20, 2015
    Twice i Have tried to play through this game and both times i have never finished it.
    This is one of those games that is just highly overrated and did not really leave me with much feelings besides negative towards it!
    The story was pretty well as far as i played but almost every other aspect to the game was just so uncaptivating messy and needed improvement. Driving - was murky and

Driving - was murky and shallow really not as fun as most open world driving games.

Shooting - One of the biggest problems in the game aim was terrible the aim assist was always either good or extremely bad i mean its soo hard to free aim if you wanted to.

Customization - Besides cars and clothing theres not really too much or at least anything really worth considering customizable

Gameplay - I found missions to be mostly boring and a little too difficult (because of aiming) to be really enjoyable.

My recommendation is if you have a ps3 still just get GTA V you dont need to suffer through GTA IV to play V
  40. Nov 18, 2015
    Rockstar produces a great game. Falls right in line with all the other GTA games. Does have a little bit more of a serious tone to it but that didn't take away from the game at all for me. The only thing in the game I didn't care for was the friends calling up wanting to do something all the time. Love everything else about the game though and have played it several times since beating theRockstar produces a great game. Falls right in line with all the other GTA games. Does have a little bit more of a serious tone to it but that didn't take away from the game at all for me. The only thing in the game I didn't care for was the friends calling up wanting to do something all the time. Love everything else about the game though and have played it several times since beating the story line Expand
  41. Nov 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm seeing a lot of dumb comments about people claiming to know "the truth" about gta4...because obviously this is just some big conspiracy by all the game reviewers to trick you into buying a bad game! no, artards gta4 is a great game and you are just incapable of seeing it. even worse though is your attitude that the reviews, all 64 reviews from different magazines websites and newspapers, are somehow rigged. Maybe they all got together and thought as a laugh they would give gta4 great ratings to trick you into buying it. idiots, this game got great ratings cause it deserved it. GTA4 is an amazing game, don't listen to those noobs who downrated it cause they sucked to hard to beat the campaign. Expand
  42. Oct 12, 2015
    The best grand theft auto game and the story is priceless. There is nothing that I would change its fun and makes you feel emotional for the people in the game.
  43. Oct 7, 2015
    GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas on the PS2 were some of the best games ever created. Beautiful graphics, excellent soundtrack, good gameplay...

GTA IV on the PS3 must be a huge step forward, right? Unfortunately that's wrong, GTA IV took almost all the fun out of previous instalments and replaced it with a boring game with bad controls. Especially the driving sucks big time (motorbikes!) and the shooting, which admittedly never was the strong point of GTA, is not much better.

The main character is uninteresting and the graphics are not colorful and rather bland. Everything looks kinda yellowish.

Luckily both DLC's (The Lost and Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony) are rumored to be much better than the main story of GTA IV.

But there is now an online feature, that will spice things up considerably, right? Not really, the online gameplay is not very good since the controls are so bad and you have to wait ages to get the game started.

With GTA IV Rockstar was trying to make their most popular game series more serious and realistic, but it ended up being just ugly and boring. Luckily GTA V (2013) put the series back on track, that game is beautiful and fun and in my opinion the best game on PS3 (although still with a lacking online game mode).

I rate GTA IV 6 out of 10.
  44. Aug 10, 2015
    A truly masterpiece. The best from the whole series. Deep characters, real life matters, choices, crime, money and all this 'dark city' kind of things. Spend alot of hours with this game like with a proper RPG or some. I am finding this game much more enjoyable and close to my taste than the comic GTA V where story or characters was shallow and spectacular as possible, even drivingA truly masterpiece. The best from the whole series. Deep characters, real life matters, choices, crime, money and all this 'dark city' kind of things. Spend alot of hours with this game like with a proper RPG or some. I am finding this game much more enjoyable and close to my taste than the comic GTA V where story or characters was shallow and spectacular as possible, even driving mechanism is way better in this one. GTA V is good but not in terms of story or realism, it is not serious anymore. GTA 4 is not perfect either, but its mature story rewarding experience make it closer to be perfect, or a game to my taste at least. Expand
  45. Aug 5, 2015
    Great game in general, a good story, many things to do after you finish the game, an awsome online mode with a huge content, a must own for everyone, the online mode will attract you for many hours.
  46. Jul 31, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, multiplayer is not the best in the world, but the argument of the game is freaking amazing and so cool
    so I give this game a 10 just for the satisfaction of killing Dimitri
  47. Jul 11, 2015
    This game is so awesome. The gameplay has progressed so much. And the story is so thrilling and interesting with some comedy which touches different people in society but touches on their negative side with a range of moral decisions to make. I was more interested in the story than the gameplay itself as the story is about a Russian who comes to liberty city for revenge and is influencedThis game is so awesome. The gameplay has progressed so much. And the story is so thrilling and interesting with some comedy which touches different people in society but touches on their negative side with a range of moral decisions to make. I was more interested in the story than the gameplay itself as the story is about a Russian who comes to liberty city for revenge and is influenced by the American dream and finds out its just propaganda as he dives into the criminal ranks. Since his cousin has to pay debt to very dangerous people. Expand
  48. Jun 11, 2015
    GTA 4 is great but sometimes boring and awesome in times and the narrative is amazing and the graphic are okay and the game world is large man this game is amazing.
  49. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game that I played for many years. Masterpiece.great story.great characters. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand
  50. Apr 14, 2015
    It's 2015, maybe I tried this game too late, but it feel it very outdated from every aspect: graphics, controls, driving model, etc. Maybe GTA V will be way better on PC.
  51. Mar 22, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................
  52. Mar 22, 2015
    I'll be the first to admit that I don't appreciate the use of drugs and/or sexual content found in the game but Grand Theft Auto IV does thankfully improve over III massively. The open world and narrative are amazing and it seems as though a lot of work was put into designing such an intricate game. Open world is always something I love in games with this one not disappointing one bit. TheI'll be the first to admit that I don't appreciate the use of drugs and/or sexual content found in the game but Grand Theft Auto IV does thankfully improve over III massively. The open world and narrative are amazing and it seems as though a lot of work was put into designing such an intricate game. Open world is always something I love in games with this one not disappointing one bit. The combat's a huge improvement with its fluidity and swift controls. This installment in the GTA franchise isn't to be missed. Expand
  53. Feb 22, 2015
    I can't find the words to say how Grand Theft Auto IV is a great game. Brilliantly and beautifully.

"We're all looking for that special someone." (Niko Bellic)
  54. Feb 16, 2015
    Overrated piece of **** just like Ocarina of Time, worst GTA of them all....................................................................................................................
  55. Feb 5, 2015
    I played GTA:San Andreas for PS2 to death. That's why I'm disappointed with this game. I played it without the updates when I had no internet connection so maybe I'm talking about something that has been fixed (but I don't think so). I was strongly hoping that the amazing character that Rockstar created for this title was not going to fall into the same storyline plot of every GTA title.I played GTA:San Andreas for PS2 to death. That's why I'm disappointed with this game. I played it without the updates when I had no internet connection so maybe I'm talking about something that has been fixed (but I don't think so). I was strongly hoping that the amazing character that Rockstar created for this title was not going to fall into the same storyline plot of every GTA title. It wasn't the case. The plot was flat and it lacked thrilling elements. You can make some choices during the story but in no way you can alterate the flow of events, and, let's be honest, it's always the same criminal story featured in every GTA (but San Andreas, there was the "gang war" theme). There are still some fun features like the "get drunk" thing, or the mini games that you play in some locations (like bowling with Roman, you sure heard of that), but they removed all those things that really sticked me to the display for hours when playing San Andreas. Not a bad game after all, but it could have been made better, it's for games like this that people like me leaves a franchise, I have no interest in GTA5 and I will not buy it because of this game, try Sleeping Dogs instead! Expand
  56. Jan 20, 2015
    I cannot believe the 98 meta score. Ridiculous. Probably the worst GTA there is. Boring repetitive missions, boring characters except maybe for brucie. Driving and getting around just feels tedious. Gameplay = clunky and unintutitive. might not be a bad game if all you want to do is run around shooting random people and crashing cars ignoring the characters, plot, missions etc. Even thenI cannot believe the 98 meta score. Ridiculous. Probably the worst GTA there is. Boring repetitive missions, boring characters except maybe for brucie. Driving and getting around just feels tedious. Gameplay = clunky and unintutitive. might not be a bad game if all you want to do is run around shooting random people and crashing cars ignoring the characters, plot, missions etc. Even then it's only mediocre and not much different than previous GTAs. Bad game, horribly overrated. Expand
  57. Jan 18, 2015
    First of all this is a great game in a great serie, no arguying there, but for me it did not feel as alive as some of the others, especially Vice City, which are my favourite. Some of the mission just did not feel that exciting to me, maybe because it is similar to the other gta games and It did not feel fresh anymore.
    I enjoyed it, but the story, the graphics and some of the mission
    I enjoyed it, but the story, the graphics and some of the mission where not top notch, so therefore I would give this game a 8/8.5.
  58. Jan 16, 2015
    Después de Jugar a san andrea me parecio un poco malo.............................................................................................................................................
  59. Jan 12, 2015
    While GTA IV had more of a dark story, the overall 'everything' for this game is quite disappointing.

7 years later, GTA IV is still boring after story completion, and there isn't anything to do afterwards, unless you like killing pigeons across LC. For this game to get a 98, and for GTA V to get a 97 is quite ridiculous. When I played the game in 2008, I still had the same

For this game to get a 98, and for GTA V to get a 97 is quite ridiculous.

When I played the game in 2008, I still had the same opinion I have now.

I give this game a 6.5/10, because the story is the only thing that had me on this game for more.
  60. Nov 12, 2014
    Full disclosure: I haven't really been a GTA fan since the first game. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it's how easy the games are. Like it's incredibly dumbed down so everyone can skate by with ease.

GTA IV is no different. They really need a difficulty level option or something. This particular GTA I found somewhat boring. The variety of things you can do is nice, but each

This particular GTA I found somewhat boring. The variety of things you can do is nice, but each mini-game is even more boring than the main game, which at least has some interesting aspects to it. I find the protagonist bland, and most of the supporting characters highly annoying. The story is lackluster, at least as much of it as I saw. I only got about 10 hours in before I gave up on the game.

Here's hoping GTA V will hold my interest when it comes out on PC this January!
  61. Oct 28, 2014
    while there is nothing really wrong with the game from a technical point and its fun to shoot things and drive around it doesn't stop the 30 hour campaign from being absolutely boring and this has to be the blandest looking game i have seen for a while its definitely the blandest gta ever i would highly recommend the Ballard of gay tony over this or gta v of course because both of thosewhile there is nothing really wrong with the game from a technical point and its fun to shoot things and drive around it doesn't stop the 30 hour campaign from being absolutely boring and this has to be the blandest looking game i have seen for a while its definitely the blandest gta ever i would highly recommend the Ballard of gay tony over this or gta v of course because both of those provide a pretty good story with humor with gta IV has non of. Expand
  62. Oct 19, 2014
    What does the American Dream mean today? For Niko Belic, fresh off the boat from Europe. It's the hope he can escape his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity. As they slip into debt and are dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover thatWhat does the American Dream mean today? For Niko Belic, fresh off the boat from Europe. It's the hope he can escape his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity. As they slip into debt and are dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them an a living nightmare for those who don't. Expand
  63. Oct 7, 2014
    Most overrated game of all time. How can this be highest rated game on PS3? This game sucks hard Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is 5 times batter the only improvement are graphics.
  64. Oct 5, 2014
    I played this game after I had already beaten GTA V and I have to say that I was not disappointed. GTA IV had a great story (better than 5 in my opinion), and great gameplay and missions. Though I thought the graphics weren't the best, if I had played the game when it originally came out in 2008, I would have been very impressed. I only had a couple of issues with the game. One being thatI played this game after I had already beaten GTA V and I have to say that I was not disappointed. GTA IV had a great story (better than 5 in my opinion), and great gameplay and missions. Though I thought the graphics weren't the best, if I had played the game when it originally came out in 2008, I would have been very impressed. I only had a couple of issues with the game. One being that it was very dark in some missions and even when I adjusted the brightness, it was still hard to see what to do or where to go. Also, there were some glitches and bugs, but none of these issues took away from my overall experience with the game. I spent about 26 hours to beat the game and I would advise that anyone who likes open world, hilariously written, violent and vulgar games, should get this game. It is a masterpiece. Expand
  65. Sep 20, 2014
    This game is overrated. Reasons? This game has done nothing new for the series as a whole, nor was it too interesting. GTA San Andreas was much better, brought a lot more to this game series and was actually pretty fun because it felt more immersive. I'm actually not sure what feeling of accomplishment or fun that I should be deriving from this game because all you are looking for isThis game is overrated. Reasons? This game has done nothing new for the series as a whole, nor was it too interesting. GTA San Andreas was much better, brought a lot more to this game series and was actually pretty fun because it felt more immersive. I'm actually not sure what feeling of accomplishment or fun that I should be deriving from this game because all you are looking for is either money, weapons, or cars. Not something that big of a deal considering all you are going to do with that is either kill for more money, weapons, or cars and the gameplay is not that great or fun enough to keep one's interest. The one thing that it did good on for the series was perhaps the story, but it wasn't really enough to continue to captivate my interest. Expand
  66. Sep 10, 2014
    This game is very good if not even excellent but not perfect. Few problems in game are the new physics (Not a big problem, and it is something new so we have to give the slack), and the voice actor. Maybe it is a bigger problem for me because I am from part of the world that the main character is, but I just don't find his "native" language to be good and for me it is an issue, but beyondThis game is very good if not even excellent but not perfect. Few problems in game are the new physics (Not a big problem, and it is something new so we have to give the slack), and the voice actor. Maybe it is a bigger problem for me because I am from part of the world that the main character is, but I just don't find his "native" language to be good and for me it is an issue, but beyond that it is a great game. Expand
  67. Aug 23, 2014
    This game is big and full of glitches. I love GTA but this game is hard to play. The controls and camera angle make this game very frustrating. With a little more focus on the basic game play this game could have been great. Compared to GTA 5 this game sucks. Compared to previous and new GTA games this game is at the bottom. The story and Characters are fine but game play is horrible.
  68. Aug 23, 2014
    I can understand the "pros" 98% but I fell sorry when some users give a 10 to a boring and repetitive game like this. The multiplayer can be fun and the story aspect of the game is great but the gameplay is absolute trash. Really disappointed with this one Rockstar.
  69. Aug 8, 2014
    Worst game in the Franchises history. I was having fun for about the first 12 hours and then I got bored. I had to force myself to pick it back up just to beat it. NOTHING to do after the story mode, ZERO replay value.
  70. Jul 28, 2014
    2014, I played this on 360 upon release. PS3, my 3rd playthrough and this is still one of the best games of last generation consoles. Yes its clunky, the cars handle like ocean liners, the bikes are neigh on impossible to steer and Niko moves like he is wading hip deep through a Florida swamp. But all those little niggles cannot take away from on of my all time favourite games. I love2014, I played this on 360 upon release. PS3, my 3rd playthrough and this is still one of the best games of last generation consoles. Yes its clunky, the cars handle like ocean liners, the bikes are neigh on impossible to steer and Niko moves like he is wading hip deep through a Florida swamp. But all those little niggles cannot take away from on of my all time favourite games. I love the story, the double crosses, the playing for all sides, the characters. I love the grittiness, how they've captured Liberty City in is post 9/11 paranoia. The satire, how RockStar took trends current to the time and predicted what a farce the media, cell-phone culture and political correctness would get in the years since. After playing GTA 5 I can honestly same that GTA 4 is just as good for different reasons. Love it 10/10 Expand
  71. Jul 15, 2014
    What can I say besides the fact that Grand Theft Auto is a great series of games. From the glamorous skirts of Vice city, to the wealthy city of individuals in San Andreas, too the concrete economy ridden streets of Liberty City, all the games made by Rockstar is just amazing. Grand Theft Auto 4 was one of the better games of the city. The game captures the struggling streets of LibertyWhat can I say besides the fact that Grand Theft Auto is a great series of games. From the glamorous skirts of Vice city, to the wealthy city of individuals in San Andreas, too the concrete economy ridden streets of Liberty City, all the games made by Rockstar is just amazing. Grand Theft Auto 4 was one of the better games of the city. The game captures the struggling streets of Liberty City as if it were right in front of me. The game takes place in modern 2008, which in my opinion, had the most unique and creative setting out of all the Grand Theft Auto games! Since I come from where the game takes place, I am able to better understand the struggles of main character Niko Bellic, and the hardships of other pedestrians, begging for spare change. Besides all this however, the game lacks in a few things. The NPC's AI is terrible, in many ways. From running into you, too driving their car furiously into your back bumper at a red light, all pedestrians take the "the city that doesn't sleep" phrase way too seriously. And speaking of cars, the driving mechanics in this game is flat out awful. It's as if your driving a monster truck on ice. A lot of uncalled frustration occurs from these driving mechanics. Also, the storyline sometimes became a major confusion, and often trailed away from my interest in it. But let's not nitpick here, Grand Theft Auto 4 has an enjoyable playlist of music, great characters, good graphics, awesome shooting mechanics... etc. Overall, I love this game, and you should too. Expand
  72. Jul 5, 2014
    Mind Blowing, even for today's standards. Rockstar gave us such a refined and detailed game with realistic characters and a vicious gameplay. And what's more exciting about GTA IV is running from the police, do you know what's like to have dozen of police cars and police choppers chasing you? Shooting at the police cars, while driving a car (or a motocycle), with an AK-47 or a 9mm? It'sMind Blowing, even for today's standards. Rockstar gave us such a refined and detailed game with realistic characters and a vicious gameplay. And what's more exciting about GTA IV is running from the police, do you know what's like to have dozen of police cars and police choppers chasing you? Shooting at the police cars, while driving a car (or a motocycle), with an AK-47 or a 9mm? It's f*cking exciting! The only small problem I had with this game is that after finishing the story, there's not much to do and it becomes boring. Expand
  73. Jul 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game ever!The best open-world game ever with good graphics quality,plot and city!You will be absolutely enjoy playing this game!Don't miss it! Expand
  74. Jun 20, 2014
    This game was and is far ahead of its time, it requires subtlety, patience and an attention to detail unlike any other game. First of all, I've put in well over 1500 hours into gta 4 and its two dlc's, so there are few if any gamers with as much experience in Liberty City as me. It's the first game that I played that the mature rating on the back dident just represent that there was bloodThis game was and is far ahead of its time, it requires subtlety, patience and an attention to detail unlike any other game. First of all, I've put in well over 1500 hours into gta 4 and its two dlc's, so there are few if any gamers with as much experience in Liberty City as me. It's the first game that I played that the mature rating on the back dident just represent that there was blood and fowl language, but rather that this form of media is best appriciated by mature individuals. Clearly a large number of you were not ready for a true mature experience based on the 7.5 user score, rather they wanted a San Andreas sequel. If you wanted a San Andreas sequel, PLAY SAINTS ROW, OR SLEEPING DOGS, they were created to occupy the cavity that San Andreas left in the gaming market! Sigh...
    Im a huge driving sim fan, and this is easily my favorite game to drive a car or moterbike in, the driving physics are impeccable. Ive owned every GT(Gran Turismo) and Forza game to date, so I have some experience. WAY too many people complain about the driving physics, saying its "too hard" or "too much body roll", if you drove your car at 100mph in oncoming traffic or around a hairpin turn in real life, you would most likely crash, so WHY should it be any different in a game thats attempting to simulate life as realistically as possible? Try driving at a reasonable speed, if you dont want to because thats "boring" then you should know that your attention span does not meet the required limit of this game, and that should tell you something about yourself, not this game.
    So after complaint after complaint after complaint , Rockstar felt they needed to cut almost every thing that differentiated GTA4 from San Andreas, Sleeping Dogs, and Saints Row. In GTA 5 The driving physics were completely scrapped for an arcade style that you can master in less than a day, catching any air in any vehicle is beyond comical, I literly laughed out loud when I saw that there is a moon gravity cheat, maybe my game is just stuck on moon gravity. The fighting Physics are GONE, ive never experienced a more unenjoyable fighting element in any game, (you square up, then throw right hand haymakers that glitch across 10 feet of open ground and KO the peson in 1 to 2 hits...and the AI can throw the same scripted punch that can glitch across 10 feet). They called it GTA 5(which I beleve it should have been callled San Andreas 2 because GTA 3 brought a major change in the form of 3d graphics, GTA 4 brought a major change in that it was the first on PS3, Xbox 360, and greatly stepped up the graphics from San Andreas. What exactly was the major change GTA5 brought? An ability to switch between 3 protagonists? Graphically speaking it looks great, but the jump from San Andreas to GTA4 was far greater. It seems like Rockstar was saving the numbers for truly ground breaking titles, then got lazy, and now im sure the next GTA will me named GTA 6). I remember arguing with my parent about the negative perception of the grand theft auto games, GTA 4 was the first time I felt I had a valid argument that GTA wasent only about sex, drugs, and ultra violence. You could enjoy the many physics systems interacting with eachother in perfect harmony(at least I could). I can no longer defend the GTA series, because now it seems like the game includes profanity and violence just for the sake of profanity and violence, I mean Niko was an interesting, deep character, while Trevor is just a psycopath who rapes any and everything that moves. My favorite thing about GTA 5 is that its motto or message is "the pursuit of the almighty dollar" its the ultimate joke at the consumes expence, its Rockstar who is pursuing your money, get it?
    In conclusion GTA 4 is the greatst media I have ever experienced, and was so great that I was convinced GTA 5 was going to be the greatest thing ever, I WAS WRONG.
    ps- I GLADLY welcome somebody with opposing beliefs to challenge any of the points I made, (as long as you coherently state your points in a non confrontational manner).
  75. Jun 12, 2014
    It may not be the best gta game but it is one of the best games I have ever played. Its got great graphics, great voice acting, so many memorable characters, good sound track, good realistic driving physics and one of the best stories I have ever seen in a videogame.
    But that doesn't mean the game doesn't have problems. Sometimes the framerate drops when the action gets too explosive, so many nice features from San Andreas and other previous gta games have been removed, its smaller than San Andreas and once you have finished the game there aren't a lot of fun activities to do but once you are in this situation you can always have fun with your friends using online multiplayer(just check out KYR Speedy's videos on youtube).
    My verdict is that even though its different from previous gta games its still a great game for current gen because of its graphics and physics but don't go into this game expecting it to find features from other gta games just play to experience the thrill of playing a gta game on a new gen of consoles.
  76. Jun 3, 2014
    Good game, but highly overrated in my opinion. Niko Bellic is an interesting character at first, but seems very monotonous and bland after some time. Other characters are forgettable due to no discernable trait. Driving is very frustrating and rage inducing during car chase sequences. Liberty City is very nice, but noticeably " copy and paste " after some time in the city. Controls areGood game, but highly overrated in my opinion. Niko Bellic is an interesting character at first, but seems very monotonous and bland after some time. Other characters are forgettable due to no discernable trait. Driving is very frustrating and rage inducing during car chase sequences. Liberty City is very nice, but noticeably " copy and paste " after some time in the city. Controls are sub-par and animations could have polished some more. In hindsight, the only redeeming quality is the DLC, both are very well done and offer much more than the base game. The game's problems with controls and driving wouldn't be noticeable if there was any form of checkpoint system in missions, instead you have to start from the beginning and painstakingly drive back to the area you died at. I think it doesn't deserves a 98, but it does deserve to be experienced at least once if you want to experience it for yourself.

Time did not do this game any favors, especially with how much Red Dead Redemption and GTA V have raised the standard expected of Rockstar games.
  77. Jun 2, 2014
    Genuine proof that Metacritic is bought and paid. How the hell did they earn this kind of rating for a GTA game? Not to mention this is undoubtedly the worst in a series that reached its peak with GTA 2.
  78. May 26, 2014
    It's really nice story and that car driving in game is so realistic, but graphic is not great, it's like "black and white" sometime...that's the only reason why i don't like GTA IV
  79. May 4, 2014
    No game is perfect but this game is as close as it gets. At the same time this game is not without flaws. Gameplay: no checkpoints during missions whatsoever. Sound: in-car dialogues are kinda inaudible (good thing there are subtitles), also most radio stations are uninteresting. Graphics: low framerate, and actually one issue of this game is that it's literally too dark. Navigating atNo game is perfect but this game is as close as it gets. At the same time this game is not without flaws. Gameplay: no checkpoints during missions whatsoever. Sound: in-car dialogues are kinda inaudible (good thing there are subtitles), also most radio stations are uninteresting. Graphics: low framerate, and actually one issue of this game is that it's literally too dark. Navigating at night is pretty hard sometimes even at the highest brightness setting. Yet this game is the best PS3 game I've ever played (if not the best game overall) and is much superior to GTA V. Don't believe the negative reviews on this site. Unless your favourite game is Crazy Taxi you're gonna love driving in GTA IV compared to driving in GTA 5. This game is probably the best game I've ever played and it's well worth its fame. Expand
  80. May 1, 2014
    This game was great. But I would honestly rate it a 7.85
    1.I loved the driving even though it was boaty.
    2. The shootouts were intense. 3. The story line was tough. 4. The map... since I'm form new york, I would rate it 7.25 5. The annoying calls from roman I didn't like. 6. The graphics were great, for it's time. 7. The online was good at first, but it got so boring. 8.The fact
    This game was great. But I would honestly rate it a 7.85
    1.I loved the driving even though it was boaty.
    2. The shootouts were intense.
    3. The story line was tough.
    4. The map... since I'm form new york, I would rate it 7.25
    5. The annoying calls from roman I didn't like.
    6. The graphics were great, for it's time.
    7. The online was good at first, but it got so boring.
    8.The fact that I needed to buy the DLC's to use more things did get on my nerves.
    9. The ending was great.
    10 The overall single player when the missions were done was boring.

This is a great GTA. But is it better than GTA V or GTA SA no.
  81. Mar 31, 2014
    Although GTA IV has nothing to do in the massive world, but its missions, story, planning for heists, these stuffs to do combine the fragments that builds up GTA IV from nothing to everything. To be more than really satisfied playing this game, "Don't put it in your mind, that I want every single store to be available" that wish tries to threaten your whole experience. Amazing, I see.
  82. Mar 29, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto IV ticks all the right boxes to be a great game, and it is still a great game even that GTA V came out less than a year ago. The story is brilliant, the voice actors and the characters.
  83. Mar 23, 2014
    This is the first GTA game I've ever played for myself. Other times, I played GTA games at a friend's house and we would do random funny stuff and try escape the cops. I borrowed this game from a friend and I was able to play the story. Man, I enjoyed it. You play as Niko Bellic, a Slavic man who travels to the US in search for a better life. But then he has to confront his past when heThis is the first GTA game I've ever played for myself. Other times, I played GTA games at a friend's house and we would do random funny stuff and try escape the cops. I borrowed this game from a friend and I was able to play the story. Man, I enjoyed it. You play as Niko Bellic, a Slavic man who travels to the US in search for a better life. But then he has to confront his past when he was a soldier in the Yugoslav Wars and then you want to see how things turn out. I heard that Niko is the most humane GTA protagonist, and that the protagonists in GTA V are just jerks, but I'd like to see for myself. There's lots to do and hilarious stuff does happen. You should get this game if you haven't already, even if its 6 years old. Stay tuned for my review of GTA V (if I ever should hehe). Expand
  84. Mar 21, 2014
    This game has the worst controls. I was terribly disappointed with the vehicle dynamics and controls. If any mission involves a vehicle chase, i just keep cursing the game controls and show a lot of misplaced anger towards my controller. Missions with bike chases are even more dreadful. I have given a 'three' rating for the exciting game-world with a lot happening around. The randomThis game has the worst controls. I was terribly disappointed with the vehicle dynamics and controls. If any mission involves a vehicle chase, i just keep cursing the game controls and show a lot of misplaced anger towards my controller. Missions with bike chases are even more dreadful. I have given a 'three' rating for the exciting game-world with a lot happening around. The random characters and side-missions are pretty good, even though i miss the taxi/ambulance/firefighting missions. The story-line is pretty bland and so are most of the characters. The nature of missions are also somewhat boring, repetitive and monotonous. This in no way comes close to the quality and excitement of vice city and san andreas missions. The 'Friendship' and 'Dating' activities were interesting at the start but became too irritating as we get more indulged with the missions. Expand
  85. Feb 25, 2014
    This the most over rated game to recent memory. I couldn't even finish the damn game it was so **** boring. I mean seriously wtf happened San Andreas and Vice City were so epic funny and awesome. Lets start with the Posatives. the world feels alive and realistic probably the most acurate adaptation of New York City. Plus it has that good American Dream story. Negatives. The Graphics areThis the most over rated game to recent memory. I couldn't even finish the damn game it was so **** boring. I mean seriously wtf happened San Andreas and Vice City were so epic funny and awesome. Lets start with the Posatives. the world feels alive and realistic probably the most acurate adaptation of New York City. Plus it has that good American Dream story. Negatives. The Graphics are awful Resident Evil 4 had better graphics and that was on the PS2. Niko is so **** boring Johnny Gat is a way more interesting and fun character. It has a terrible cover system and a god awful shooting mechanic. And last but not least these radio stations suck complete ass I mean wtf happened SA and VC had way better stations. Saints Row 2 has better stations too. As i began with this review this is the most over rated game to date. Expand
  86. Feb 16, 2014
    I cannot understand how this game is universally acclaimed. For starters, it has way too many flaws. The story is good, but that's the point - the game's all story and no gameplay, to the point that you have to create the gameplay yourself by going and smashing stuff up, diverging from the plot. And as a story gamer, that is something I simply can't do - Early in the game it destroysI cannot understand how this game is universally acclaimed. For starters, it has way too many flaws. The story is good, but that's the point - the game's all story and no gameplay, to the point that you have to create the gameplay yourself by going and smashing stuff up, diverging from the plot. And as a story gamer, that is something I simply can't do - Early in the game it destroys Nico's character. In addition, the car controls are awful - it feels like I'm driving on a black-ice rink. The missions are boring too - it's just "go drive somewhere and wach a cutscene" or ""take this girl out on a date". In a game like GTA, I want ACTION, not boring stuff like this. I bought this game, expecting something amazing. But what I got was something very, very boring. Grand Theft Auto IV is thoroughly boring and hideously overrated. I might as well play Saints Row, it's the same gamee but done right! Expand
  87. Feb 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing the outstanding PS2 GTAs I thought that on the PS3, the game would be fantastic.
    When I started the game, I thought it was pretty good, but soon after, I found it wasn't as fun as I had hoped.
    Graphically, the game is great, seeing as it was released in 2008.
    Liberty City is a great setting, the city has great detail and has some cool easter eggs. However, compared to the huge San Andreas, this feels really small and I found myself driving from the airport to the other side in no time.
    The characters are kind of a mixed back, I feel alienated by Nikos views on violence. Many a time would I hear things like "Blah blah I did terrible things at the war, cousin, blah blah." Right after he shot an employer (of sorts) in the head for having an affair with his cousins girlfriend. I do enjoy his random quotes after getting hit by cars or failing a mission.
    The other main characters are ok for the most part. Except for cousin Roman. He is the most annoying
    person in any video game ever. Brucie is kind of annoying but kind of funny. I like Jacob for some reason.

I can't stand the tone of the game. On the internet, you find news stories that may be related to your actions in the storyline, they're funny but you may not even see them. Mostly the game is all dull and dreary, with a grey feel to everything.

The gameplay is decent, I love the car control sometimes, but in missions when chasing people (as you will be with the very few unique missions in the game, mostly you just have to hunt someone, chase someone or intercept a drug deal) it gets so annoying. Cars control like a man in dress shoes on an ice rink. Shooting is quite alright.
    The pastimes are so tedious though, quite often you get a call from Roman or one of your other friends asking if you want to go bowling, I think you can disable these but if you do go bowling or whatever, its quite boring and tedious.

This game had alot of good features and alot of bad ones, neither outweigh eachother.
  88. Feb 9, 2014
    Great graphics and soundtrack but the driving aspect of the game is average to say the least and the less said the better about 3rd person shooter and melee side. I wouldn't have this down as the greatest game of all time and i think the professional reviewers just get taken over by the hype.
  89. Feb 9, 2014
    I remember playing this when it first came out and I also picked it up more recently as it was so cheap. I planned to play through and complete the game but unfortunately I have not. The game is by no means bad, lets face it, there are some pretty poor games out there and GTA IV is better than most games. However it just did not get me gripped enough to complete it. It must come down toI remember playing this when it first came out and I also picked it up more recently as it was so cheap. I planned to play through and complete the game but unfortunately I have not. The game is by no means bad, lets face it, there are some pretty poor games out there and GTA IV is better than most games. However it just did not get me gripped enough to complete it. It must come down to the fact that this GTA is much more restrictive and less fun than say GTA San Andreas on the ps2. What I remember of GTA growing up is that I used to just put it on, not to play missions all the time, but just to have a laugh, drive fast, fly planes or whatever. GTA IV kind of lost a lot of that. The story is decent and the missions fine overall. But I don't think there is enough variety to keep me entertained through was it probably quite a long game (at least if you do side missions etc).

I have decided to leave this now as I cannot bring myself to play it anymore in order to complete it. After all I should not be forcing myself to play it. Maybe I am being slightly harsh as this game is a number of years old now. I have not yet played GTA V and I plan to pick that up - it is clear that there is more to do so hopefully I will have more fun with that.

GTA IV is a decent game, especially when it was first released, but it did not do enough to keep me hooked on completing the game. Online again seemed ok but I did not play it online so much. For me an open world game like this needs more to do outside of missions. Higher hopes for GTA V.

Overall I give 6/10.
  90. Feb 8, 2014
    I can not actually write a proper review addressing the game content because I could not reach the mission destination due to the terribly awful driving system of the game
  91. Feb 7, 2014
    Despite the public opinion about violence in the GTA series, one can say this game is worthy of many praises. Firstly, it does not show a power-hungry as the protagonist, but a troubled man, disillusioned by corruption in society, despite his involvement in it. This makes the game much deeper and emotionally involving than the previous installment, GTA San Andreas. Although the designs ofDespite the public opinion about violence in the GTA series, one can say this game is worthy of many praises. Firstly, it does not show a power-hungry as the protagonist, but a troubled man, disillusioned by corruption in society, despite his involvement in it. This makes the game much deeper and emotionally involving than the previous installment, GTA San Andreas. Although the designs of the buildings and vehicles are lackluster and mundane, the personalities of the characters fill the void left by the lack of any creative design in the game. The character-driven plot of this installment is a gem among all of the other installments in the GTA series. Expand
  92. Feb 1, 2014
    Not Going to lie that i had some fun playing this game,dating,blowing stuff up,hang out with friends BUT they removed some of the fun sides of gta san andreas like hairstyle,Not really that big city.They only focused it on the graphics and stuff.But still it has a great storyline
  93. Jan 4, 2014
    Its a great game but compare to previous GTA, its a huge setback despite the graphics. The story is great for a videogame but not movie standard, the gameplay is a hit or miss, the graphics is great for 2008 but the physic engine is stupid as hell, the driving is realistic but its so annoying and a pain in the ass to drive any vehicle and after you complete all the mission, you got nothingIts a great game but compare to previous GTA, its a huge setback despite the graphics. The story is great for a videogame but not movie standard, the gameplay is a hit or miss, the graphics is great for 2008 but the physic engine is stupid as hell, the driving is realistic but its so annoying and a pain in the ass to drive any vehicle and after you complete all the mission, you got nothing else to do with Singplayer campaign like in San Andreas. Expand
  94. Dec 11, 2013
    Technically this game is very good. The story is good, the ending of the story is one off the most gripping moments ever. But, why is this game gta? Why has this game an open world? There is nothing do do in the open world, not like in the previous gta games. The gameplay has improved a lot over previous installments but if they focused on the story, made this exact game but more linearTechnically this game is very good. The story is good, the ending of the story is one off the most gripping moments ever. But, why is this game gta? Why has this game an open world? There is nothing do do in the open world, not like in the previous gta games. The gameplay has improved a lot over previous installments but if they focused on the story, made this exact game but more linear and focus more on the gameplay it could've been so much better. Such a big and beautiful world and nothing to do in it. It's a shame. Expand
  95. Nov 25, 2013
    The game has too many annoyances for me to play. I would put it lower, but the game still has a hint of the wacky freedom you see in GTA. But with that said it has an annoying friend mechanic, a story too dark for GTA, and some really annoying missions.
  96. Nov 25, 2013
    This is simply the best GTA storyline i have ever played, even better than Grand Theft Auto V, the graphics are pretty nice for 2008 and the gameplay it's quite awesome, well the negative part is that the game abuse of the "Blur" technique and you don't got many personalization options for Niko.
  97. Nov 1, 2013
    I regret to say I was swept up in the moment. Jumped on the bandwagon. Became a sheep to the games industry... and I regret it. Looking back now I realise just how austere GTA IV was. Once you had completed the game there was nothing more to do but tedious side missions. the campaign was only just better but the ending was a let down. This game was a large step back from its predecessorI regret to say I was swept up in the moment. Jumped on the bandwagon. Became a sheep to the games industry... and I regret it. Looking back now I realise just how austere GTA IV was. Once you had completed the game there was nothing more to do but tedious side missions. the campaign was only just better but the ending was a let down. This game was a large step back from its predecessor and dare I say it............................... Overrated. I do hate that word.)

Perhaps I am being to harsh, after all it was an old game on a brand new console back then. No one had played a game like it before on an Xbox or Ps3. however as games got better, you start to realise the flaws in a game you once thought the world of.
    To start of with the story is a bit cliché. some missions are a bit hit and miss. the cover mechanics are clunky and un-polished but the shooting is much like the others so no problems there. Driving is quite a nuisance because all the vehicles are massively heavy and cannot swerve without crashing. Speaking of crashing though, the explosions looked amazing back then and still hold up now. Despite the name of the game you wont want to commit any crimes though. The police apparently see everything and know exactly where you are when hiding. this angers me as it pretty much messes up an iconic part of GTA. exploring the city can be fun at times but I would take a helicopter.( the cheat is 359-555-0100 on Nikos phone).

But I could forgive that all if it wasn't for your cousin ringing you up every fifteen minutes to do dull activities with him. If you don't then his bond declines with you. Its punishment either way. At least let us say no.
    At the end of the game you have all your money so what do you spend it on... all. There is only a few things you can spend money on. Weapons which you will find anyway and clothes which there is very little choice of.

My verdict is that this game is not as good as the gleaming glistening reviews it got. But I understand why they gave it those perfect reviews and that's because we all did. Everyone who bought the game at one point, loved it. But time rots everything and surely enough when you want to replay years from now... you will sigh a breath of boredom when dear old cousin rings you up
  98. Oct 24, 2013
    How do you morons like this game. It is gloomy and the cars make walking become fun because they suckkkkkkkk. Give this game to someone obese and they will walk to return it.
  99. Oct 20, 2013
    'Grand Theft Auto IV' is, lets face it, a great game.

I found GTA IV to be so fulfilling, so deep, so interesting. The story based around Niko Bellic is a great one, possibly one of the best in the series. But, this great, beautiful game has a lot of drawbacks that for me lowered the score. The first; is that it isn't fun. Yes, GTA has always been fun, but, I feel that Rockstar
    'Grand Theft Auto IV' is, lets face it, a great game.

The first; is that it isn't fun. Yes, GTA has always been fun, but, I feel that Rockstar wanted to create a dramatic, serious film-like game where we just sit back and watch. I did mission after mission, because I couldn't find fun stuff to do in the spare time between missions.
    The atmosphere in Liberty City also makes the game seem boring, drab, and bland. Everything is colourless, grey, and just has an overall sad feel to it.

The second; is that your friends will constantly call you whilst you're doing something important. I can't count how many times I've heard Roman (Niko's Cousin) ask me if I wanted to go 'bowling' with him. This may not seem like a major issue, but, I warn you that it will get very annoying when your cousin constantly interrupts your daily shoot-out with the police, or a very important part of a mission.

Other than these issues, I found 'GTA IV' to be enjoyable. But, I have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as I did its predecessors. Overall, I recommend 'IV' for a hardcore fan of the series, but, I must warn you that although 'IV' is similar to its predecessors, it lacks a lot of traits that made the previous installments so amazing!
  100. Oct 11, 2013
    This game is completely and utterly terrible. Its boring and repetitive and ridiculously frustrating. The only thing I liked was the city. Liberty City breathes and feels real, That's the only thing I like about this game, other then that, it's simply terrible and a waste of money. Even the textures are terrible for its time.
  101. Oct 2, 2010

1. Grand Theft Auto IV is not a perfect game, but it is fantastic through and through, from start to finish and beyond. It is so massive, vast and impressive that it is almost mind-boggling to imagine how much work must have gone into the game to come up with so much detail.
  2. But GTA IV will never get old, or start repeating itself. It will always offer anyone who turns it on an experience to savour.
  3. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    GTA4 is a traditional crime story through and through, with a script that rarely strays from its purpose, a pitch-perfect supporting cast, and an expert combination of in-game storytelling and crafted cut-scenes. [June 2008, p.80]