5.3

1. Oct 2, 2013
    Despite the terrible servers, grand theft auto online is basically just a terrible online game. It's like World of Warcraft and Diablo in the sense that you have to grind money to buy things with no actual goals. The game modes jobs, missions or whatever the f*** they are, they are pretty badly made up.

I'm really disappointed because I was really looking forward to the online. They should of stuck to GTA IV way of doing it. Oh well, rockstar are now with EA in my game developers rank list, that's how low they are.
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    Sorry Rockstar even Cod and Activision games servers work on day one and you don't lose your character details and progression after a few hours with those games.

Also the character creations a joke as well, what did you research for inspiration when you made that? The Sims?
  3. Oct 5, 2013
    Shows so much promise, but remains unplayable a week into launch due to glitches and server problems. Players are plagued with connection issues, with many reporting complete loss of progress after logging hours into characters due to an unreliable cloud server.
  4. Oct 3, 2013
    I couldn't played game. Always or "you are kicked from the session" (the newest error), or "cloud servers ain't available" or something else. Rockstar, if you want to BETA TEST you must say "we wan't OBT for GTA O" and everyone will understand. But if this is release go duck yourselves!
  5. Oct 22, 2013
    How rockstar could up the online part of the greatest game this year is beyond me, it seems like they spent all the developing time of GTA online on marketing since the game is in no way as good as it was portrayed to be. One of the biggest reasons for that is the way rockstar talked about performing heists with your friends when the only "heist" you can perform is robbing a liquor storeHow rockstar could up the online part of the greatest game this year is beyond me, it seems like they spent all the developing time of GTA online on marketing since the game is in no way as good as it was portrayed to be. One of the biggest reasons for that is the way rockstar talked about performing heists with your friends when the only "heist" you can perform is robbing a liquor store or a 24/7 not robbing banks as they showed in the trailer.
    The worst thing is the community where everyone just shoots everyone on sight because no one uses voice chat, and if you don't want to play on public like me and just with your friends you will have a hard time doing missions and jobs since when you leave a job you will be kicked right back into public instead of private and sometimes you end up in different jobs then your friends after starting a tennis match for example.
    If you expected a multiplayer like rockstar talked about you better have 15 friends that want's to play like you otherwise you mighte wanna wait for something else.
  6. Oct 3, 2013
    Disgusting, the complete opposite of single player, a fancy lobby for minigames interwoven with a grind for money farm fest. Not to mention the minigames are so bad. You replay missions to grind for money, races and deathmatches, 16 players in a map so big, the free roam is pathetic. This is not even mentioning the servers were a disgrace, even though they release it 2 weeks after launchDisgusting, the complete opposite of single player, a fancy lobby for minigames interwoven with a grind for money farm fest. Not to mention the minigames are so bad. You replay missions to grind for money, races and deathmatches, 16 players in a map so big, the free roam is pathetic. This is not even mentioning the servers were a disgrace, even though they release it 2 weeks after launch to avoid the bad reviews. Billion dollar game huh? Can't even get the concept for a good online game right, but you nailed single player which i loved. Shame really. The people who came up with the online design should not be considered for the next GTA. Good job on milking those stupid enough to buy money with real money. Expand
  7. Oct 20, 2013
    I have held back on writing a review on this hoping the issues would be solved, however since the latest patch made it so hours spent on my character were lost as it did not save I no longer will hold back. Other multiplayer games (MMO's) do not get the favourable treatment that some review sights are giving Rockstar by holding back with reviews. Rockstar anticipated there would be issues,I have held back on writing a review on this hoping the issues would be solved, however since the latest patch made it so hours spent on my character were lost as it did not save I no longer will hold back. Other multiplayer games (MMO's) do not get the favourable treatment that some review sights are giving Rockstar by holding back with reviews. Rockstar anticipated there would be issues, if so why was there no public beta testing period before release!? I admit when it works, I have had one hell of a laugh with my friends online. The graphics are really good, it runs smoothly 99% of the time but the issues with the cloud servers plague this game either not letting you in at all or now not saving progress meaning wasted hours. This is now weeks after release and is unacceptable with no signs of improving and as stated the last patch seems to have made it worse. The character creator is the worst I have ever come across, why they didn't go for something that allowed the player to be in full control of how they look is beyond me, I am forced to wear something on my face due to the fact that my eyes look extremely freakish as though they are trying to drill through to the back of my head. I really hope all issues with this game are solved but I have to admit I'm in doubt Rockstar will be able to fix the mess the game is left in seeing as there is no sign of light at the end of the tunnel. I have given it a 4 out of 10 as when it has briefly worked, I have never laughed so much in my life with my friends online Expand
  8. Oct 21, 2013
    GTA v as a game is great, but online still is a joke. Between character deletion, downtimes, the bad sport system (which meens you cannot play it like GTA or you'll be kicked), glitches that effect missions (have had several rounds where randomly die with no apparent reason, races where I finished two or three positions different than what I was, or when fleeing the police never fails carsGTA v as a game is great, but online still is a joke. Between character deletion, downtimes, the bad sport system (which meens you cannot play it like GTA or you'll be kicked), glitches that effect missions (have had several rounds where randomly die with no apparent reason, races where I finished two or three positions different than what I was, or when fleeing the police never fails cars will mystically spawn right in front of you). The list goes on besides the fact its a boring grind your way to be better than everyone else, which u won't because glitchers are far ahead of the curve.Needless to say by the time they get everything working no one will be playing it anymore. Expand
  9. Oct 7, 2013
    There are a myriad of problems on the PS3 version of GTA Online:
    - Disconnecting issues (Prominently 'Timed Out' error messages)
    - Jobs not downloading - Kicking everybody from Freeroam when you come near them - Constant resetting of character's - Being stuck on loading screens for 10-20 minutes and most of the time it not launching the session - Mandatory Tutorials (Of which you're
    There are a myriad of problems on the PS3 version of GTA Online:
    - Disconnecting issues (Prominently 'Timed Out' error messages)
    - Jobs not downloading
    - Kicking everybody from Freeroam when you come near them
    - Constant resetting of character's
    - Mandatory Tutorials (Of which you're forced to playthrough everytime you lose a character)
    - XP resetting randomly throughout a game.

All these problems that the online is plagued with make it intolerable to play online. Hardly anything can be done, all aspects of the online are broken. The updates have improved it somewhat with the features and stability but it's still a disjointed, unfocused heap of a mess. Please sort this out Rockstar! For now, I'm giving this a 0 for unplayability but for effort it'd be an 8 or 9.
  10. Dec 21, 2013
    I honestly got addicted to this multiplayer but it was nothing compared to the amazing singlplayer. the multiplayer is sort of unbearable for people who don't have the free time to play it, for example your stats going down when you are not playing it. people over 18 don't exactly have the free time to play this multiplayer to its fullest extent its just people with the free time such asI honestly got addicted to this multiplayer but it was nothing compared to the amazing singlplayer. the multiplayer is sort of unbearable for people who don't have the free time to play it, for example your stats going down when you are not playing it. people over 18 don't exactly have the free time to play this multiplayer to its fullest extent its just people with the free time such as children which there are lots of who at a level gamer like myself who plays multiple games could only dream of achieving. I feel microtransaction are supposedly being forced down our throat in this multiplayer as rockstar have made it nearly impossible to get anything without playing for twenty hours. I managed to get a tank however without buying microtransactions. This tank took me forever to achieve however soon after I get it I end up in a bad sport server because frankly you are not allowed to blow up other peoples cars in grand theft. when I ended up in the bad sport server I could no longer join my friends freely and it is really annoying to be forced to not play with your friends in a online game because you did something you should be allowed to do when some one tries to kill. I stopped playing the game for a few days until it was gone but if you don't play your time will be extend which it has for me as I have now triple the amount of bad sport time as when I started. Expand
  11. Oct 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Problem ridden... Character creation SUCKS D**K!! I mean the fact that you have to make your character off of F***K**G HERITAGE? REALLY? It is completely irrelevant and is a waste of time... Not only that you have to literally SUFFER TO MAKE MONEY!!! As in, do certain jobs in hope of decent money to even purchase a characters sock!! Now there's only 2 ways to make DECENT MONEY and that is TIME ABSORBING SURVIVAL which honestly takes to long or you steal a STANDARD (non-purchasable) vehicle and sell it at LS CUSTOMS and you'll barely make any money!! THANK YOU ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also sometimes people lose purchased properties and their content!! And HEISTS which were shown on the M****RF***ING trailer AREN'T IN THE ONLINE GAME? WHY?!?!?!?!?! I just say get online for social experience and maybe once every 10 days SHOOT SOME RANDOM A**H**E. I honestly say that ROCKSTAR F**KED UP THE ONLINE whereas the Story Mode is FANTASTIC... GREAT F**KING JOB ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!! I'M CERTAIN THAT THE F**KING 500K STIMULUS PACKAGE WON"T DO SH*T ABOUT THE SH*T-TACKULAR GAMEPLAY!! And lastly crews and friends are the only thing that makes online worth playing...
  12. Oct 20, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto Online is the single-player activities of Grand Theft Auto V transplanted into the multiplayer format of Red Dead Redemption.

It seems to be reasonably well-conceived but very poorly implemented as it's loaded with both bugs and oversights. What remains to be seen is whether it's also poorly executed if and when it finally does work as intended. For now, it's plagued by underwhelming (and at times incompetent) performance, incomplete content, and player abuse of game mechanics.

It's a shame that this comes in the same packaging as GTA V.
  13. Nov 15, 2013
    wrote a review about GTA V as a whole on other page but here ill give it a 2 because that's what the online truly deserves at this point. I will update and revise this as online perhaps gets better with updates but in its current state, it is frustrating and unplayable. more details soon. the main problem being loosing money every time you die, even if your killed by some jerk over andwrote a review about GTA V as a whole on other page but here ill give it a 2 because that's what the online truly deserves at this point. I will update and revise this as online perhaps gets better with updates but in its current state, it is frustrating and unplayable. more details soon. the main problem being loosing money every time you die, even if your killed by some jerk over and over. the money in your bank gets drained by it too, so its all pointless so far. missions pay so lil, barley covers costs of bullets. for shame. poorly designed and launched. Expand
  14. May 7, 2014
    I've decided to finally review GTA's Online counterpart, after almost a good year of playing it. This review is only my opinion and doesn't reflect yours or others.

Terrible Online game based strictly on Microtransactions. Heist were scrapped so they could sell it in a future DLC Pack, but advertised like they would be in the game on day one. 7 months later, still no heist. FIrst it was before winter, then it got bumped to sometime in 2014, then it got bumped to spring time, now that spring is almost over, it has now been pumped to being part of paid DLC in the future. I am not stupid enough to pay for a feature that was advertised as being free and part of the game on day one.

Passive Mode serves no purpose other then to make you waste $100. No one can shoot you, but you can still be ran over and killed or blown up.

You get put in bad sport lobbies, strictly for defending yourself against bad sports.

Guns and Ammo are extremely over priced. Jobs pay out low strictly so Rockstar can hopefully force their over priced cash cards onto you that give you very little cash for your real cash. I don't mind grinding some jobs out, but to lower the payout each time I play that job or mission multiple times is asinine and in a way, punishing the player for playing the game.

Online Match Making and Lobbies are broken beyond repair. Game Sessions freeze and shut down consistently. You would think a company that made a BILLION dollars in 3 days would be on top of this, but sadly nope. Even almost a full year later, Servers are still unstable.

They took out a few cars online, I had one truck in specific, the "Clean" Karin Rebel, that I actually spent 10 dollars on for a cash card just to upgrade to look like my real truck that was taken out. So...not only did I pay them real money so I can upgrade this car to use as my default car, it was also taken away and I was never compensated in any way, shape or form. Rockstar pretty much robbed me for $10 and told me there was nothing they can do after being on the phone for two hours with costumer support.

For how big the world is, there is not a whole lot to do. Your pretty much playing the same set of 10 missions, with different names, taking place in different locations. Extremely lazy development on that end. Doesn't matter what apartment you buy. they all are the exact setup, just different garage sizes.

All in all, the Online part of the game, is just a terrible version of the single player. I lost a lot of faith in ROckstar after this and will always think twice about buying future games from them.
  15. Mar 22, 2014
    I would have to agree with Rockstar - GTA:O is a seperate game that comes with GTA V disc. That means I will review this title independently from the thoughts I've had on GTA V which I already gave a review for (review with a lot of praise included).

I did feel hyped when I started playing GTA Online, just like every child that gets excited by first impressions. Everything looked really promising and entertaining, even though it didn't look ambitious enough at the beginning. Not long after it made me completely bored without a warning.

Problems:
    -whole game is pretty glitchy and sometimes "holes" in the game are so intense that they can cause immense annoyance
    -making money is pain in the butt. Mission count is rather small and the fact that most pay as little as few thousand $ does not help at all. This is the main reason why players were doing these money glitches and altogether the importance of money seems to be neglected frequently
    -grinding is going slow... very slow. It took me 3 months to reach level 25 so imagine how much more it will take to reach level 120.
    -lots of great single player stuff is missing in Online - animals, heists, properties, etc.
    -I didn't get my stimulus package, especially after not playing for so many months and I guess there are more people like me
    -community is horrible. Chances are, certain players will want to f**k me up for various reasons, e.g. to troll and grief, because I'm a girl, because they don't like my car or simply because my character is inferior to theirs so they can show how powerful they are.

I know that you shouldn't judge the book by its cover and GTA:O is still not a finished title. However I can only promise that I'll track GTA:O news to the very end. If the game will change for better, I will redo a review, suggesting that "GTA Online Sucks" era should be over. However in current situation, I can't do it.
  16. May 14, 2014
    The concept of GTA:O is a good one, but extremely poorly executed. The progression works in a nice flowing way. Winning races unlock car upgrades - Good. level progression unlocks weapons, clothing etc - good. The Huge downside is the abysmal amount of money you get from completing missions. A quick example: the mission that is shortest and gives the most cash for your time gives $18750.The concept of GTA:O is a good one, but extremely poorly executed. The progression works in a nice flowing way. Winning races unlock car upgrades - Good. level progression unlocks weapons, clothing etc - good. The Huge downside is the abysmal amount of money you get from completing missions. A quick example: the mission that is shortest and gives the most cash for your time gives $18750. Subtract the average amount to refill ammo and armour before/after missions 2-3k. this means to buy the bugatti veyron, the fastest car in the game you would need to grind this mission approx 60 times.
    Thats far too long for 1 car. this doesn't take into consideration the purchasing of weapons/vehicles/garages you need along the way.

Way to go Rockstar, force people to grind for a huge amount of time just to get 1 vehicle.
  17. Oct 6, 2014
    The Freedom of GTA 5, Online? No. The Freedom to grind for a stupid f@#@%@# Pistol for hours, because everything is over priced. "GTA" Online F@#$%^# SUCKS!!!!!!!!
    This is not GTA. In GTA you steal cars, you cause rampages, and you have gunfights with police. "GTA" Online should be renamed "Good Samaritan Simulator 2013" Because ANYTHING you do is heavily punished. You can't fight with other players because the police instantly kill you, or they are higher level and if you're higher level you can kill people with no challenge at all. The player base is filled with 12 year olds running around killing people in tanks, and when you try doing a mission all you get on your team are a bunch of useless turds who blow up the mission documents, or who die instantly because they suck. You can't steal other players cars, Because this is "Grand theft Auto", Why would you want to steal cars?

Just Don't play this **** **** game. Avoid it as if it were the plague.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto Online is very entertaining and it has a lot of variation. Perhaps more than any online action game before. The player collecting routines could be better, though. [Nov 2013]
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    An ambitious project that delivers one of the most compelling and enjoyable online experiences ever. GTA Online is an amusement park at your disposal where the player decides what to do and how to do it. Amazing.
  3. Oct 23, 2013
    When everything works, it can be a really fun experience. But the character lost bug is inexcusable in a permanent online experience and the stability problems show this was not ready for prime time.