5.6

1. Oct 6, 2013
    So far GTA Online is a disappointment. It's far from the open world MMO style crime game I was hoping it would be. The content isn't particularly impressive and it is filled with glitches and server issues. It can still be fun, especially if you're playing with friends, but the uninspired and somewhat bland content brings the whole experience down. If Rockstar Games cleans up the bugs andSo far GTA Online is a disappointment. It's far from the open world MMO style crime game I was hoping it would be. The content isn't particularly impressive and it is filled with glitches and server issues. It can still be fun, especially if you're playing with friends, but the uninspired and somewhat bland content brings the whole experience down. If Rockstar Games cleans up the bugs and server issues, and adds some new content that will actually excite people, then they will have a truly great online game for people to play. As it stands right now GTA Online is fun, but sadly disappointing and hardly impressive at all. Expand
  2. Nov 11, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto Online is a fun game to start, but gets seriously repetitive and boring over time.

Character Creation in GTA Online is very weak. You are asked to pick two grand-parents, which will then create the look of your character, based on their look. Not really any customization involved, which lets it down. However, I did manage to make a character that I could stick with, but it did take some time after the awful issues at launch.

When I finally got into the game, after a few days of trying, I have to admit, it was pretty fun. Crashing into stores taking money, playing cool missions with your friends, maybe stealing cars or drugs, and of course, travelling around the huge map. You can also do races, death-matches or team based games, buy all sorts of things like cars and guns then customize them to your liking, and many other activities and even sports that you can do in the single-player.

Now, I barely play GTA Online. All that great sounding stuff introduced at the start quickly becomes dreadful. You start to realise the stores are all the same, and the money you get from them is almost useless. Missions become awfully repetitive. I must have collected a huge amount of cars for Simeon, and a ton of drugs for Gerald, it just gets boring doing almost the same thing in every mission! Of course, there are different missions, but again, they become painful after some time. I think you'll get the picture now. Everything available to you in GTA Online isn't fun to play again and again and again.

The most disappointing thing of all in GTA Online, is the absence of Heists. I few weeks before it launched, I asked a few people online, 'Will there be heists available to play, similar to the single player, where you can jump in a bank, use tactics like stealth or loud and dumb, and take all its money? Maybe something similar to Payday, but, with A GTA twist.' People laughed, thought I was being stupid, they even thought I was trolling. They said 'Of course, why wouldn't they include it?'. Well to this day, there are no heists in GTA Online. Who's laughing now? However, I won't lower the score because of this, as I have heard they are coming, but just later on. I still would like to play them now to be honest.

This game can be fun, at times. Hopefully you find the right thing for you which makes it enjoyable. For me, like said before, it's simply travelling around the huge world, interacting with other players, and being on the run. But overall, I am shocked by the lack of creativity from Rockstar, the makers of awesome games like Red Dead Redemption, how did they come to this? So much could have made this amazing, and it's quite funny how poor this is compared to GTA V.
  3. Nov 27, 2013
    Really disappointed with Online. It was fun to begin with, but now I don't have the urge to play it. Too many broken issues, especially around killing other players in cars/tanks!
  4. Nov 9, 2013
    GTA Online after playing the GTA V Single player is not that great. But it can be enjoyable if you really really want it hard. And it has it's moments. At level 20, I say worth a try.
  5. Oct 21, 2013
    Now that GTA on-line is up and running after the countless issues it had at the start, I can honestly say that the multi-player is a mixed bag, it revolves around an economical system where every player competes for reputation and money however its slow start and bland mission detract from the fact that to unlock some of the better vehicles, weapons and features you have to grind your wayNow that GTA on-line is up and running after the countless issues it had at the start, I can honestly say that the multi-player is a mixed bag, it revolves around an economical system where every player competes for reputation and money however its slow start and bland mission detract from the fact that to unlock some of the better vehicles, weapons and features you have to grind your way to the top and it may not always be enjoyable especially when the occasional glitch happens that makes you loose certain possessions.

I mentioned the missions being bland and that's because they really are, every mission plays out pretty much the same and the death matches simply are not well complimented by the style of game-play GTA has to offer. The races can be fun with friends however it can ultimately become frustrating and seems to only pay of when you are winning them and I found that the only real good way of grinding for cash is to play survival over and over again, but this can be really boring and tedious. The way the online tries to fuse in RPG elements detracts from the overall experience of the game and you can only feel it working well in you favour at higher levels and because they wanted a flowing economy in the game they needed to add npc features to game such as you doing missions for Simeon and Trevor which was a nice touch but i think they could of been implemented better and have a larger impact since obtaining the right amount of money is a chore.

However it isn't all bad as free roaming can be very fun at time especially when you are with friends, the bounty system can be a double edged sword but can provide with some excellent entertainment and challenging yourself to master entering the army base and stealing a jet to kill everyone in the lobby can really pay of in certain missions. When you finally go through the pain of grinding for cash and levels you can finally afford for a possession that you actually want and this can really bump up the game because when i purchased my first duper car i was especially delighted (only to go online the next day to find that the game did not save the transaction for purchasing the car and I lost all my money and the car).

Overall while this review is short I am guilty on not fully exploring the on-line because I am simply not captured by the way it works however I can understand as to why others would.
  6. Oct 3, 2013
    I can understand that it is was probably inevitable that GTA online would have issues due to it's popularity but rockstar really should have been prepared for this, I enjoyed the single player campaign without a doubt but the online issues as in game freeze and glitch's are frustrating, but not just that the character customization is rubbish there is no variety in the customization it'sI can understand that it is was probably inevitable that GTA online would have issues due to it's popularity but rockstar really should have been prepared for this, I enjoyed the single player campaign without a doubt but the online issues as in game freeze and glitch's are frustrating, but not just that the character customization is rubbish there is no variety in the customization it's very limited, it's the little things like this that make a difference. Expand
  7. Nov 11, 2013
    Start at a 5 and we'll adjust the score with +/-
    + Perfectly realised modern open world with stunning graphics
    + Vehicles handle very well with a realism that remains fun + Wide array of weapons to choose from, projectile, explosive and stabbing and bludgeoning + Ability to connect easily with friends and enjoy the game together + Large number of missions and races to choose from that
    Start at a 5 and we'll adjust the score with +/-
    + Perfectly realised modern open world with stunning graphics
    + Vehicles handle very well with a realism that remains fun
    + Ability to connect easily with friends and enjoy the game together
    + Large number of missions and races to choose from that will continue to be expanded on
    + Not very much lag overall in comparison to other online games of nearly the same scale
    + Things to do for solo gamers in the online experience
    + A nice rate of progression in levels and unlocks

- Improper sentancing to Bad Sport pool seperates gamers from their friends and forces them to wear a Dunce cap, sometimes for illegitimate reasons. Why are they punishing gamers for destroying personal vehicles in the game but we are free to murder policemen and destroy state property? Does not compute.
    - The tank should not be in the online experience, especially if you are punishing people for destroying vehicles, same goes for the Buzzard attack chopper, what were they thinking? Making them availabile in missions is one thing, but seeing them in freemode is ridiculous
    - Restricting character appearances via clothes unlocked at certain levels and a lackluster character design tool make everyone looks relatively the same, we need more tools that bring out the individual, more hats!
    - The missions seem too scattered, and while the forced opening scene with Lamar pissed me off to no end when I have to see it every time I make a new character, I would still appreciate a bit more incentive to follow a chain of missions
    - The freeroaming mode needs more depth and immersibility, there should be gangsters go to battle in the streets just like the original GTA:SA had, we should be able to join street gangs, there needs to be more connection between our characters and the world they are in,
    - it needs more persistence, more choices for property, the ability to own more than one garage, and the list goes on for the small things in the game but they only deserve one negative altogether

The game is overall ambitious and fun to play at times and I think it has a lot of potential. So adding it all up I give the game a 7/10
  8. Jun 6, 2014
    This is completely and utterly overrated. GTA Online is an online game included with GTA 5. First, the graphics are the same as the ones in GTA 5, which is definitely not a problem. The gameplay is the same as GTA 5, also, not a problem. The online community is absolutely horrible. Everyone just kills you on sight, and then there are some idiots that just steal your car or crash your planeThis is completely and utterly overrated. GTA Online is an online game included with GTA 5. First, the graphics are the same as the ones in GTA 5, which is definitely not a problem. The gameplay is the same as GTA 5, also, not a problem. The online community is absolutely horrible. Everyone just kills you on sight, and then there are some idiots that just steal your car or crash your plane into a mountain. GTA Online lacks about 75% of the realism of GTA 5. However, as you talk, either into a headset or into the PS Eye, your character's mouth will move. GTA Online had tons of glitches at launch, most of them have been removed since, however, some still remain. There are 'jobs' scattered all over Los Santos, which are fine. The deathmatches are part of the annoying community, but they are also fine. Overall, you don't need GTA Online. GTA 5 offers much, much more. GTA 5 has a great story, incredible graphics, interesting characters, incredible gameplay, and no horrible community. In fact, no community at all. Get GTA 5. However, do still try GTA Online. You might enjoy it. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto Online is very entertaining and it has a lot of variation. Perhaps more than any online action game before. The player collecting routines could be better, though. [Nov 2013]
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    An ambitious project that delivers one of the most compelling and enjoyable online experiences ever. GTA Online is an amusement park at your disposal where the player decides what to do and how to do it. Amazing.
  3. Oct 23, 2013
    When everything works, it can be a really fun experience. But the character lost bug is inexcusable in a permanent online experience and the stability problems show this was not ready for prime time.