8.2

1. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA5 is essentially what GTA4 should have been. However the gameplay grows boring after a while. And it got to the point that playing a psychopath senselessly killing people made me turn off the game. I'm sure it will please fans of the series but it definitely not GOTY like so many say
  2. Oct 2, 2013
    Don't listen to the fan boys, I'm re-reviewing after initially giving this game a solid 7. The single player is good value, apart from the low frame rate everything else is pretty fun. Online mode is a joke, once you get online lots of people can't for obvious and understandable reasons it's nothing more than a fancy lobby for death matches, racing minigames and mindless robbing of stores. You do these activities to earn money, to buy cars, houses, garages to set you up for the heists which are not included just yet. A free DLC at a future date will be released with this content available.

The combat is awful, auto aim, and free roam is like a ghost town, 16 players in a map so large. It can only really be played with friends.

Not what i expected.
  3. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the things I really liked about the GTA IV was driving with the cars and crashing them.... now in GTA V driving cars feels boring and unrealistic and when it comes to wrecking cars... I mean it feels like GTA 3 or san andreas. And that is why I hate this game 0/10.
  4. Sep 19, 2013
    Not even game of the year for PS3, that belongs to TLoU which is an original franchise. This has all been done before! With less glitching and pop-in. Dark Souls has way more challenge, gameplay, and more story for one character than GTA V has in its entirety!
  5. Sep 23, 2013
    If GTA5 was an interactive screensaver I would give it a 10/10. However it's supposed to be a game.
    On one hand Dan Houser is quoted as saying that Rockstar North is committed to being true to themselves. On the other hand Dan is quoted as saying that they are making the games easier to control to expand their audience. I've always been a huge gta fan because the games have been fun and
    infinitely replayable. GTA5 is not fun. GTA5 is not replayable. 1 star wanted level for swearing at someone. Arcade vehicle physics a gorilla could master in 10 minutes. Cars that fall apart by just driving over gutters. The l1 camera is atrocious. Why does it pop out 2 metres from the car when driving in car. Am I expected to aim with this garbage? The bullets always hit the roof of the car in front of you and not the driver. It's like zero thought was put into the gameplay quality of the game, and sacrifices were made simply to make it more cinematic. I don't care if I can see the characters in the car when looking backwards. If i'm looking backwards I want to see what's behind me, not the inside of the car. The missions are too controlling and often that results in mission failure for strange reasons. Some missions hold your hand every step of the way and tell you what to do, while others have little or no information besides "stand on the yellow dot". Anyone giving this game a 10/10 is delusional in the extreme, or is not very good at most modern games. GTA5 should have been released for $2.99 on a tablet, and not full price on a console. There should be two main settings in every game. One for the people who know absolutely nothing and are happy to press one button at a time (the current state of GTA5), and one for the hardcore crowd who want a fully functional sandbox to play around in. R.I.P GTA. Expand
  6. Oct 1, 2013
    I must revise my original 10/10 review, sadly. On October 1, 2013, Rockstart unveiled the online component of GTA5, and it is nothing more than a microtransaction rip-off scheme, just like so many other promising but ruined games of this era. What may have been the best game ever made, reveals itself to be nothing more than a pay-to-not-be-terribly-inconvenienced scheme designed to frustrate the player into shortcutting a horrible and boring grind in favor of buying your way to in-game success. The game gives you a choice: Boring, repetitive grind for in-game cash....or just buy your way to "fun" with your real money. This explains the incredibly high prices of in-game stuff....and the difficult time you have earning money. It is designed to be too boring to play without spending on microtransactions. And why not, from a corporate perspective? The customer pays once...then again and again! Brilliant, if you're an accountant. Terrible if you are a fan of full, complete, and immersive gaming experiences. The single player campaign is fun though. GTA 5 just has zero replay value now, unless microtransactions are removed. Expand
  7. czg
    Sep 20, 2013
    This is a first impression review. I try to remain balanced, but hell, why shouldn't I just went it?...

In all honesty, I think this game is, well, a rather misplaced, overblown piece.
    I have played with GTA3, Vice City, GTA4, TBOGT, and I wonder: where is the writer who the characters of those games? Because the ones in this game are clearly inferior even to the mute protagonist of
    the good ol' 3.
    The humourless figures of Michael and Franklin are even more aggravated by the retarded brutishness of Trevor. IT IS NOT FUN to play a psycho, who is just, well, a psycho.

Then there are the controls and the difficulty curve. I am not a pro gamer, though neither a casual one. Simply, when I play a game I like to relax. However, in GTA5 you need constant retries to finish a mission from the beginning of the game. On Easy difficulty. I know, I'm lame, but y'see, there are people who play games for relaxation, as they have other things to do during their day. The game's difficulty curve is choppy, too.

And finally, that comes from the most expensive game ever?! Wow. It seems to me that the testers had to be all hardcore and most importantly, retarded GTA fans. It seems they and the production team have became so self-obsessed that no one considered that the game may need more, much more depth, and with an 18 y.o. PEGI rating it has to appeal to the adult gamers and not just to desensitised teens.

But, since I am also a film and 'story' fan, let me rant a bit more about the characters...
    The choice of playing three characters is a brave new innovation, so there's no mistake there. But they are kind of lacking... why? Well, Michael is the only one who you can consider balanced. Franklin could be okay, but his secondary buddies seem, again, simply retarded. Why would a smart kid like he continue to run with the ragged bunch of Lamar and the other retards? But all right, the two of them are just slightly inconsistent.
    However Trevor and his acquaintances are not. Trevor is a shallow bully, who only likes to hurt people, abuses all of his 'friends', who are, guess what, also poor, backwards and retarded people... Well, nice. Like we don't meet them in everyday life. The problem here is that since Trevor is an actual depiction of a real life thug (no empathy, selfish, deceitful, violent), his victims are really victims, and this offers no escape from reality and thus I feel inclined to turn off the console. Heck, if you watch Joe Pesci's psycho characters in Goodfellas and Casino, at least they get capped after 2 hours. But here, I am supposed to stick with a guy like that? For a 100 hours?! No, thanks.

Finally, a closing accord about, yes, women. I am no big feminist, but still, female characters are supposed to be better developed. Even in a game that 'embraces the thug masculinity', which is utter marketing BS anyway. Even if they are only on the supporting cast, they need to be more than what is in the game.

The visual execution is good, in times even flabbergasting, but there are serious problems with the game's spine or rather with its soul.
  8. Oct 17, 2013
    Most depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shoot someone, steal some money, goto a clothes shop, buy a burger, swim around, use the cheats....Nee naw nee naw, some (as the game puts it) swearing non stop YAAAAWWWWNNNNN....They just promote it to make money ...One big cash in. The game is rubbish!
    Ok so the latest GTA game, number 5... First off, EVERYTHING you do in this game takes AGES. This is very clearly a game for people with no life whatsoever. Installing the game takes ages, you will spend hours trying to be able to save the game because it throws you into one boring mission after another (which entails driving around a massive landscape that all looks the same in a boring car (which all steer the same)). You complete the mission which goes on and on with endless chit chat and a (as the game puts it), saying 'pus£y as£ motha£u£in homeboy hoe' and 'move chor bi$ch as% fatherfu&ker homey' and 'whut id it wit choo (and such things non-stop throughout the game). It will do your head in that much you would rather the main characters got killed instead. Just a bunch of idiot main characters with nothing about them to like. You will murder, steal etc and all the time not give a toss about the person you are playing as...Just pointless. The game is racist, sexist, full of filth, corruption and murder. It's seedy and depressing. It's not a true representation of real life at all. When have you ever heard a rea; 'coloured' guy talk like these idiots they dig out for games and movies? It's like having Samuel Sackson in die hard 3 and an angry coked-up Eggie Murphy shouting in your ear for hours on end... And again it's been done and been done better before. We had all this nonsense in San Andreas with 'CJ'. 'Hey dat man chillin in ma crib homey' stupid talking rubbish. Again; It's impossible to relate to the characters because they are rapists, idiots, thieves and murderers (and worse)...Just scum. The radio drives you off your head and how anyone with an actual real life can play this game I will never know....I mean it's so unnecessarly detailed you can even choose the ringtone on your fake phone in the game or take photos with the phones camera, check texts, messages online etc. It's just too much for a game. Fake girlfriends, fake friends etc etc. Wtf? Get a life folks! The strip club is a joke. I mean if they are going to have all that stuff why not just go the full hog and put in detailed sex etc instead of beating around the bush with a bit of tittie here and there? The game is just a cop out. It can't even do the violence and sex thing right without shi&&ing out. As I said, EVERYTHING takes ages in this game. I went to play it online thinking "I've got an hour to kill (before i went out to live in the real world"...But It went on and on and on with some coloured guy showing me around (another idiot) saying this, that, sh^& hoe bit&hin motha&^ka that for hours again, only to drop me somewhere in the world with more criminal activity to do as I controlled another lowlife (myself this time which i created with the character creation which is also totally rubbish (you pick your granny and grandad and their granny and grandad to get your looks). I played the game for a few hours (which was pretty good going) and after all the drugs, violence and utter boredom I was begging someone to take me into the shops to trade the (sh%t) game in...I couldn't wait! The main characters are cowards too which makes it even more unbearable and when angry go into little girlie hissy fits etc...They reminded me of wanabees on x factor getting told they can't sing and then they go all spotty and teenage and display their little temper tantrums....Just pathetic. I usually buy these games to drive around the virtual world with my steering wheel. On this game the wheel doesnt work (it works with every other car game). Nothing of use actually works in this game. Even the cheats are rubbish. No lock wanted level, nothing. Your forced to just play the dull, sick storyline. Who wants to play a game hearing throughout non-stop some bit$% as£ hoe, complain about their sad life all the way through a game? There are 3 characters in this game...3 whingers that do nothing but complain about their rubbish pathetic lives and see violence and behaving as an idiot as the only way out. They all have mental issues and see phychologists, take drugs, drink etc. Hardly a cheery game and not something I would pollute my mind with. I took this back to the shop the next day, sorry I ever bought it. Everything about this game bored me stupid
  9. Oct 6, 2013
    By far the worst online launch for a video game in the history of all online launches. If not being able to connect the first couple days and having a completely broken PS3 version, any progress that was made afterwards was met with having my character deleted. This is an open beta product and we were swindled into thinking this was a completed product.
  10. Sep 23, 2013
    Quite possibly the most disappointing release I've ever experienced.

I could have easily given the game a 7 or 8 but after the hype of this thing its just pathetic. I have played every single GTA since the first one. This is the worst one ever made. Here's the main issue, this game is not fun... People can sit there emotionless and list all the "features" of the game but it can have
    it all it wants, it doesn't make the things your listing fun to do. The driving physics have been completely destroyed. You could be drving a SUV or a Ferrari, it doesn't make a difference at all. All the cars go extremely fast, and you don't even ever need to brake to go around a turn. Just let go of the gas and turn. Every vehicle is the same cartoonish ride. Its as if they've taken every single feature of previous games, ruined them, and then put them into the game. The unarmed combat system is destroyed. Shooting is the same as ever. I mean dear god... I thought GTA 4 was going to be my least favorite GTA game ever but... no sir. GTA 5 is a pointless shell of a game. The easiest way I can break this down for somebody who is looking at these reviews for the purpose of being actually concerned about the quality of the game, I can say this with 100% full confidence: Red Dead Redemption is a better game. Sleeping Dogs was better. and GTA 4 was better in my opinion as well. The only good thing about this game is the story is quite different for a while then previous GTA games, but quickly devolves into the same old stuff. This is really quite dissapointing for me as I can't really think of any other game company I like more than R*. They've made quite a few of my favorite games of all time. They just dropped the ball on this one to please the masses i guess. I really do not like this game... Its boring.

Now, when GTA online comes out that might be a little more "interesting" considering the way the game is designed. It seems like they may have sort of neglected the single player in a lot of areas in order to focus on the online element.
  11. Oct 6, 2013
    Con la cabeza fria, y despues de pasarmelo muy bien jugando al juego, veo realmente claroscuros en esta entrega. Unos graficos muy buenos( no así lo que se prometia), un mapa no tan grande como se decia, una duracion extremadamente corta, misiones faciles de correveidile.......porque el juego es facil con ganas, 5 golpes tiene el juego de los cuales solo 3 son importantes y se nota en demasía la capada al offline para agrandar su nuevo producto: GTA Online, y es que en eso se a convertido GTAV, en 2 juegos, dejando la parte offline muy tocada. Un juego que se pasa todo el mundo que se vicia en una semana, eso es GTA V, ya no es ese juego que dura meses y meses...........o sí, si pasas por el aro de tenerte que contentar con que¡ es que el online esta muy guapo!. Muy triste, un paso atras. Expand
  12. Oct 14, 2013
    The GTA series always gets astonishingly high reviews from the same critics every single time. Even GTA IV, which was so awful in pacing that the devs decided to put in *MANDATORY* hanging out with your completely unlikable "friends" to play darts, or bowling, or other things that were apparently what Rockstar believed would create classic GTA moments.

Unfortunately, ever since San
    Andreas, the GTA series has not improved. There is no room for argument here. It hasn't. San Andreas did practically everything right that could possibly be done in a GTA game. It was complex, well-written, and just freaking fun.

Then came IV, which got rave reviews across the whole planet. Except it was so obviously a step back from San Andreas that even after buying the entirety of it with the expansion, I was still working my way through it waiting for the fun to happen. Something that justified the emphasis on "realism" in things like driving (because in the Vice City/San Andreas times, the #1 complaint was, of course, the lack of realism in the driving physics, as cars were just way too easy to control, and that was something the series desperately needed. Yes, that's sarcasm, because that concept alone as a "feature" was astonishingly stupid.), the mandatory bromances (they didn't even let you hang out with girls? No reward for even putting up with those things? Not even so much as a cheap dating sim mechanic? Just, here are some people you never want to see again, forcing you to go out with them. Yeah, that was executed brilliantly.), and the idiotic story that not one person can even joke about enjoying.

So, despite that IV was clearly worse than San Andreas and lacked a massive number of features that SA had that were awesome, it got better reviews. Okay, whatever. I've never heard anyone in the history of time mention it as a classic, something that redefined gaming to the level that was stated in the reviews, but I know that happens sometimes when the hype reviews itself.

So, here comes V, and the monstrous hype-machine to go with it.

And, my goodness, did they hype this game. It was everywhere. You couldn't ignore it. It was so pumped up worldwide, they might as well have announced that DLC was a thing of the past, being the dumbest idea that still worked and resulted in games often costing twice as much as their originals for "complete editions".

Now that would be something to hype. But here's the thing with GTA V: Not one person really says *WHY* it's good.

That's the really astonishing part. Everyone talks about the scope, the scale, the scenery, the graphics, the improved targeting system that was basically Red Dead Redemption's, the nice little features like not needing to drive from place to place to re-do a failed mission (it only took them FOUR past games to figure out that that was annoying), and lots of *little touches* to the basic formula. Not a lot really changed. It's still GTA, for better or worse, depending on how you look at it.

But that's the problem. It's still the same GTA you've been playing and, oddly enough, still doesn't come anywhere close to San Andreas. Rockstar realizes they don't actually have to change anything, nor should they, because people see that Roman numeral next to Grand Theft Auto, and that's enough for people to go completely insane and buy copies on day one.

The thing is, these people are crazy. They are stone-cold nuts. I can't be kind about this, because these people lack basic pattern recognition on a level that is staggering. I've yet to hear a single aspect I must be missing that justifies the exosphere-high reviews, as if GTA now has the last game it'll ever need--that the formula's been perfected, everything's come together, and something beautiful has happened.

Well, I still have yet to see anything besides another sub-San-Andreas GTA game without any really exciting features or even real improvements over anything besides the scenery and a few basic improvements to the controls and interface. To put it simply, it's stupid. It's a stupid game. It wastes its potential carelessly, without regard, but it doesn't take a genius to know why: Rockstar knows they don't really have to put any effort into "improving" the game. That's not the selling point. The selling point is that there's another GTA game, even bigger in scope, even prettier. The fact that the mechanics are still virtually identical doesn't matter, really. People will buy it. And they have. Which makes people with pattern recognition skills like me a little sad, and not very hopeful about the future of console gaming.

When GTA improves significantly, I'll totally praise Rockstar for it. There's certainly more than enough room to make improvements. Until then, though, V is only another game in a downhill series. That's all it is. The GTA Online tragedy that screwed absolutely everyone over aside, that's really all there is to it.
  13. Sep 27, 2013
    I bought GTA V hoping that Rockstar will deliver an amazing story and gameplay in a huge open world just as it did in my favourite Red Dead Redemption. But it did not. I tried very hard to like the newest GTA but after 10+ hours of playing it just came to me that this game is really not that good. Sure, the map is big and there is plenty of activities to do, but those activities are feeling like a mini games lacking polish (to be honest, most of them are just dumb or boring). Driving is far from excellent, and if you wish to drive cars on your PS3 there are a lot of better games at that. Shooting is awful! RDR had it way smarter. The game has no atmosphere. Its all colorful, driving/killing for fun game. No regrets, no remorse, no responsibility, no consequences. The game is 18+ but it doesn't deliver the content for the mature player (except for bad rape or dog fingering jokes and some nudity). The gaming season is starting and I suggest everybody to choose something other than GTA V. Expand
  14. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is good but not great and the online sucks gameplay is stale story is soso I played 3 games this year that were better and the ending lol why have multiple endings the choices at the end do not fit Franks character
  15. Sep 21, 2013
    After the initial "9 year ago" opening scene, I thought Rockstar might have actually tried something different this time, but once the actual game starts you are treated to more of the same... start at point A, collect that/kill him at point B, return to point A.
    Admittedly this is a first impression after two seperate one hour session, but that was all i could manage before I totally
    lost interest. Maybe it might be better in a year or so, when I come back to it with very low expectations. But for the foreseeable future it is going to be gathering dust on my bookshelf. Expand
  16. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played GTA since the third installment up until this new one. This is the worst one yet. R* is going the way of EA with souless games and trying to squeeze every cent they can out of you with DLC and microtransactions. If you plan to only play single-player, you should skip this one. The campaign is a total of 69 missions and once you complete them your already at over 50% complete with the game. Remember all those cool 'odd jobs' in previous installments? Pretty much gone except for the taxi missions.

- Not enough heists. What is the point of improving your crew member's skills when you barely get to use them?

- Grove Street was totally different. I barely recognized it from SA. If it wasn't for the cul-de-sac I wouldn't even know that it was Grove Street. Plus, the Ballas are now living there and there isn't an explanation why that is; which brings me to my next point.

- No gang territory. I loved taking over gang territory in SA. With GTA V you can't start gang wars, take over territory or recruit members. I wanted to retake Grove Street for the GSF but it will forever be Balla turf now. There were about 4 missions that involved the 'hood'. Way too short. One of the missions Trevor just decides to go down to Grove Street just for the hell of it. Literally for no reason.

- There is a casino in GTA V but you can't go inside and gamble. Another feature missing from SA.

- Purchasable properties You can buy them but cannot go inside? The missions for the 'properties' you own are mostly delivery missions that serve no purpose. It doesn't matter if you ignore them or not, you just won't get payed your $1k that week. There should be sub-missions for your properties which improve them.

- No purchasable safehouses. Franklin starts out with a house in the hood but then moves out to Vinewood. No longer can I buy a house in the hood, walk out the door and start shooting rival gang members like in SA. Now I have to drive from Vinewood all the way down to the 'bad' part of town, or take a cab and just steal a car when I get there. They saved all of the purchaseable safehouses for 'GTA Online'. So, if you only want to play singleplayer or don't have an internet connection, R* is basically saying screw you.

- The world map is bigger than SA only because of the ocean. I would have much rather preferred more land. Rockstar claimed that the world map for this game would be bigger than Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV combined with "the oceans, land and enterable locations." Well, the ocean is boring and there really is no point in being underwater and the enterable locations are very few and far between. There is A strip club, one, and about 15 gas stations that are all copy and paste. If you've been in one gas station you've seen 'em all. There are a bunch of clothing stores but they are copy and paste aswell, with just 3 different types. Suburban, Discount and a high-end one. There are also a few banks to go into but you can't do anything with them and they are also copy and paste. For Rockstar to claim that this is the biggest world yet just because of the ocean is very misleading advertising.

-On a random encounter mission, you had to transport a guy to the airport and when you got him there he tells you to buy stock that isn't listed on the stock market webpage.

-Vehicle Customization is back and was a major feature missing from IV.

-Stock market is a waste of time after you've completed the assasination missions. Also there isn't an option to short sell stock when you know the CEO for example will be assasinated.

-The movie studio was too short-lived.

-Fast-food resturants are still around but you can't interact with them at all or even go inside.

If you have ever played GTA: San Andreas you will know this game sucks but if you started playing GTA with IV you will think this game is the best in the franchise. Well, it isn't. The story sucks, the gameplay sucks, the characters are boring, the driving is very old style, overall just the worst GTA. After 5 years and over 260 million dollars this is the best R* can come up with? I guess paying for reviews on all those gaming sites aren't cheap.
  17. Oct 20, 2013
    GTA5 is a very bad game, on many levels. There's only a couple of funny missions, the rest is totally lame (do yoga and click on pop up, really guys and the top of the worse in this poor game is the control... i'v never seen a gameplay like this... Mockstar should have play to other games like just cause 2 or Sleeping dogs: so they could learn some tricks (the shooting phases on car is a nightmare in GTA5 and so is the gameplay of few vehicule like the helicopter).

the only good point: it's big... but so empty.

and i don't talk about the online part...
  18. Sep 20, 2013
    Ridiculously overhyped. Having played GTA IV, I had very high expectations for this game, especially given that Rockstar had 5-6 years to develop this game, it was disappointing. The shooting mechanic is as broken as ever, aiming at targets that are nowhere near me while I am being shot by a cop 5 feet away from me, and the small reticule is basically useless. The driving does not feel any different although that is not entirely a complaint as there was nothing really wrong with it. The graphics and textures look subpar compared to other releases of this year and even last year. The game is good, I am not denying that, but I am just denying it all of it's overdone praise and hype. Not a huge step from GTA IV, not impressed. Expand
  19. Sep 17, 2013
    While it's certainly not perfect, but HUGE and corrects a lot of the things that were wrong with the previous entires. If you're a GTA fan you will feel right at home with this in all of it's updated, fully realized glory. A fully explorable ocean is pretty sweet too.
  20. Sep 25, 2013
    overall gameplay good, but due to the recent microtransaction news i feel online play will be ruined by people buying weapons and making it unbalanced for a game i've already paid for its a joke, trading it in sharpish and getting Diablo 3.
  21. Sep 26, 2013
    Great script corrupts absolutely murdered approach to gameplay. The game went back arcade elements, the police still appears from nowhere and knows exactly where the years. In the missions, as there is only one version of the action: the one that came up with the designers. If you have not guessed their plan to fail. No freedom of action. No use of modified cars they still disappear, and their take on the job in 90% of cases it is impossible. AI traffic has not changed since the days of GTA 3.

Damn Google translator. From Russia with vodka, punks
  22. Nov 9, 2013
    Graphics are soooo bad. Look at the face of the shrink in the beginning. Then go play Beyond Two Souls or The Last of Us and look at the textures and faces. Sorry, in this time period, I can't play a game with faces that look that plastic and fake with horrible lighting. Also, the gameplay was horrible. I don't want to run around doing that crap.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    This game was not good at all. I don't get why people get so excited about it. There is no point for this. I don't know about you but I did not enjoy it at all.
  24. Dec 11, 2013
    That´s only a critic against Rockstar because of his betray at the PC users, don´t be angry! I´m not jealous, just dissappoint...
    Sorry for the bad English..
  25. Dec 3, 2013
    its a big world with lots to do and all in all acts as a distraction from the original objective and story which can eventually break the dramatic tension. i believe people all over the world have thrown their money at this game without thinking. what happened to all those games that told a story without all the distraction of the surrounding environment, after all i only ever see myself and other people playing this game driving around and killing people which can be fun but whats the point, after they eventually come to their senses and realize what they have been doing for past 3 hours and do a damn mission they end up saying to themselves "what the is going on!?" Expand
  26. Feb 3, 2014
    I got a free copy of GTA5 when I was forced to purchase a new PS3 when my first generation model finally croaked. The GTA5 bundle was the least expensive deal, so that's the only reason I got the game. And I'm glad I didn't spend a single dime on this piece of crap game. The industry complex for some reason loves to herald Rockstar as a great game developer, and all GTA5 is is a smut-ridden, foul-language oversaturating, horrible game mechanics, terrible gun battling, stereotyping piece of garbage. Just like every other GTA game. I don't know I bothered to pop it into my console and dirty it up. No clue. How does this game have such a huge rating? How?

The driving is terrible, the shooting...snap L2 and you instantly aim at and track your opponents, and if you fail a mission you have to start all over again. The story is horrible, and so what if Los Santos or whatever it's called is a big, sprawling city? So what??? And don't even get me started on MP mode.

This is a piece of trash like nothing ever before it...except for GTA4. These games are the reason the game industry gets hammered and hounded, and the bad part is they're not even good. They placate to a crowd of the gaming community that are as low as the characters in the games.
  27. Sep 21, 2013
    I've playing GTA since GTA 3 was released in 2001. After Vice city and San Andreas i was satisfied. I don't care about graphics. I consider the most important part to a game is how addicting and fun it is. Plus this game is huge its overwhelming. I have GTA's and i see no need for another.
  28. Oct 14, 2013
    At first this game might look like it's very amusing. But as soon as one finishes the storyline and most of the additional missions, it becomes boring at a pase much higher than other Grand Theft Auto games. It's just too overhyped.

Secondly, I'm having massive problems regarding Grand Theft Auto V: Online. First of all, there are still numerious people still unable to go online as they
    receive errors like "cloud servers unavailable" or "timed out locating session". Secondly, without forwarding ports and doing other crap you don't actually want to do, you'll be placed in an almost empty session with max. 4 players in the entire map. Thirdly, there are too many bugs in the online section regarding gameplay (getting kicked out of sessions, etc.).

In the end, this game is released too soon, is way overhyped and reviewers have proven to be once more subjective and typical sheep.
  29. Dec 23, 2013
    this game is the worst of gta world I never thought that this would be the worst of all gta, it's a completely a spend of money well, everyone does with his money what he pleases
  30. Mar 4, 2014
    A sh*tty a** game that is so bad and the graphics suck and the story is terrible.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  31. Dec 9, 2013
    Zero replay value, forgettable characters, and less than astounding graphics puts this as one of my biggest wastes of money this year. The online is purely based on whoever is most popular getting all the teammates, and whoever exploited the replay function most. VGA GOTY? The world clearly doesn't have my taste in games.
  32. Oct 14, 2013
    Great single player, but wait for the actual real release on PC and next gen consoles. No reason to give Rockstar your money twice for the same product. The online aspect was released separately because the developer knew it was broken. Have some respect for yourself as gamers and go against broken games and pay to win, when you expect more you get more.
  33. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You know, GTA V being a very sensitive subject, I would just like to start by saying I am a huge fan of the franchise. Here's my two cents.

The loggerhead sea GTA V (Caretta caretta), or loggerhead, is an oceanic GTA V distributed throughout the world. It is a marine reptile, belonging to the family Cheloniidae. The average loggerhead measures around 90 cm (35 in) long when fully grown, although larger specimens of up to 280 cm (110 in) have been discovered. The adult loggerhead sea GTA V weighs approximately 135 kg (298 lb), with the largest specimens weighing in at more than 450 kg (1,000 lb). The skin ranges from yellow to brown in color, and the shell is typically reddish-brown. No external differences in gender are seen until the GTA V becomes an adult, the most obvious difference being the adult males have thicker tails and shorter plastrons than the females.

The loggerhead sea GTA V is found in the San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, and Vice City, as well as the Vice City Stories. It spends most of its life in and estuarine habitats, with females briefly coming ashore to lay eggs. The loggerhead sea GTA V has a low reproductive rate; females lay an average of four egg clutches and then become quiescent, producing no eggs for two to three years. The loggerhead reaches sexual maturity within 17–33 years and has a lifespan of 47–67 years.
  34. Nov 13, 2013
    Simply put, this game is overrated. Especially for me, the kind of player who likes to get sidetracked with killing sprees. The limitations on who you can attack, where you can go, what happens when you don't follow orders during a mission, and how often police descend upon you is rather stifling. In this regard, I had a great deal more fun in GTAIV and RDR. As far as missions and story goes, everything is feels like a big string of loosely-connected events, with little sense of progression or narrative structure. I'm sure things will pick up later in the game, but until then I have little motivation to play errand boy. Not to mention the initial story arc of having to "get enough money to pay for the big bad boo boo we made" is ridiculously stupid (in my opinion).

Anyway, note that this is only a part of my dislike for this game. I don't feel I should bother to explain myself any further, considering the number of other reviews you can read, and my perception of the validity of this site (which is very, very low), but yeah...thoroughly disappointing.
  35. Dec 10, 2013
    Most hyped and overrated game of the year, The first days were good until you finished the campaign. Multiplayer mode had its problems which R* took a while to fix. Then they lowered the amount of reward cash from missions. They still haven't published the heist for online mode like they announced before the game launched. This is easily one of the worst GTA games I've ever played.
  36. Mar 16, 2014
    The engine feels ancient and clumsy. The graphics are uninspiring, as is the music and audio quality. The game itself glitches, freezes, and crashes on an almost regular basis. The controls are so clumsy and non responsive that I've had to quit playing several times solely because the controls were so irritatingly clumsy and non-responsive.

The solo gameplay is great for a couple of
    days. Once you beat it, there's really nothing left to do. Rockstar seems to have invested less of its time with fun gameplay content and more of its time with activities like golfing and tennis, arm-wrestling, and harassing your in-game cell phone with useless calls from equally useless NPCs.

The online game is exactly the same, except without the day or two of storyline and mission content. It's basically just a sprawling plaza of uninspired mini games of "team deathmatch" and "Capture the briefcase" lazily laid out over the same world map. Playing GTA V Online gives you three choices: 1) Drive around the city and PVP 2) Do the same missions and quests over and over again for cash, or 3) play a better video game.

I'm gonna go with 3 from now on.
  37. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright, so this game sucks monkey balls. I mean, you don't even have any super powers! I own all of the possible Superman and Spiderman comic books, so I totally know my comic book heroes, so don't argue with me! Rockstar isn't very clever for releasing this title. I mean, this is just a remastered edition of Call of Duty for the Nintendo Gamecube. I don't know why this is labeled as a PS3 game. I mean, that system is so ancient. I have a PS9, and I'm totally telling the truth. For every person that rates this game helpful, I'll give you a Lamborghini. FREE OF CHARGE! With limited entry. I'm totally someone you can trust. Thank you boo's. Good night. Expand
  38. Jun 26, 2014
    Does Rockstar send someone to your house to beat you up if you give their game a low rating? Admittedly, the game shows some technical excellence in graphics and sound. But the characters are drab and lifeless, the "storylines" are cliche, and it's so chock-full of juvenile subject matter, it's a depressing commentary on the state of gaming.
  39. Jun 7, 2014
    PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!!PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! Expand
  40. Oct 28, 2013
    This game is sick and not in a good way, the way it shows life is a sick and twisted look at the scum of the earth. Noone should play this trash and it should be pulled off the shelf and burned, who puts a torture section in a game then what sick person pays money to play it. There is nothing worth your time here in this sick sick waste of time and money.
  41. Dec 8, 2013
    One star for good but not great single player,actually missions in single player are based on 3-4 big heists, so story isnt great.
    But the worst pain is multiplayer.I just remind problem in multiplayers
    1.Loading times(sometimes loading taking more then missions or races)
    2.After mission when players choose free roam, they go to separate server(so annoying when u play with frends)

3.Cant reply npc missions (u must go to free roam call npc wait form message, go to lobby loading loading etc, nightmare)
    4.Very small amonut of payouts in cash and rp after missions,deatchmatches, races (after patch 1.06)
    Rockstart wants ur real money, that u buy cash for real money, and ironicly they named it BALANCE
    5. No more boosting. So if u r trophy hunter u must spend a lots of hours to get 100 lvl so annoying, that boosting it shouldnt be a problem for nobody, if u wanna boost u boost and quit game, if wanna get fun u get fun.
    6.Wasting money too fast (cash cards again)Everythings is too expenisve, sticky bombs over 500 dollars, when u get 500 for 2 minutes racing plus 3 minutes loading, Dying cost 200 but even if u r in passive mode they cant easly kill u with cars etc

this is only 6 annoying problems not all of them
    THis game is over rated, its created for stole money from ur pocket,DLC is useless, every patch is not fixing but makeing game worst and worst, apartments are empty and useless
    Just compare Red Dead Redemption multiplayer to GTA 5 Online, u will see which game is better
  42. Nov 18, 2013
    Lets start with the single player, the city of los santos is nice and big and fun to explore,but after 3 hours of game time you are done with the entire map there is just nothing more to do for you. And then the missions, it is just awful to play the exact same missions over and over again, you basically just spend 99% of your time driving to your target, then shooting someone (plus 50 other random dudes), then driving home again and watch a boring cut scene.
    About the multiplayer ...you spend decades to get on to a server and the you get bugs, not loading textures and random server crashes all in all not worth 50 bucks, no even 30
  43. Dec 8, 2013
    this game got hyped up sooo much it was really disappointing i expected sooo much more the online mode is really bad the story mode is bad maybe ok the only good thing is the free roam and doing free roam over and over again gets too bad this game is not worth it when you can get bf4 or ac4 or fifa 14 and maybe even cod ghost
  44. Dec 8, 2013
    Probably one of the most overrated games of our generation. People throw themselves at rockstar without really thinking, rating every single one of their games with highest scores even though they don't deserve it. Worse is only Bethesda.

The Story is maybe funny, but not funny enough to let me see past the mediocre Storytelling and the time consuming, every-the-same sidequests that are
    only distraction to make you think the game is actually longer that it is. But the difference is that I acknowledge that this is not a bad game. It is just the same stuff they have made for the last 10 years but everybody takes these super small improvements as the top notch and gives it 10 Points without thinking. On the other hand giving it 0 points just because of one or two problems is just as ....lets just say problematic.

I will be honest. GTA has never been one of my favorite series. I understand why people like it...I just don't understand how it could get higher scores than games that are much MUCH better.
  45. Dec 13, 2013
    Yes, I'm rating it negative. This is both the most entertaining game I've played (story mode) and the most frustrating. It is at the same time technically the best and the worst, a real pity. Bugs (in story mode) and a bad development of the networking (in online mode) totally ruin the experience. I can't complete the game in story mode, because after the main mission ending, the side events disappear from the game. I can't enjoy the online mode, because you pass 80% of your time locating gaming sessions! you can just play alone in a solo session. Very, very bad. Expand
  46. Apr 2, 2014
    Im a huge grand theft auto fan but this is a huge disappointment in every way, they just spent all the money on the ads?!! how crazy is that?? Overall its not very good and doesn't live up to the hype...

EDIT: Ok guys, the check from Rockstar finally came in. The game is actually a solid 9/10, please disregard the previous score. Thank you. - EyeOfTheTiger69
  47. Apr 29, 2014
    Terrible handling (esp. helicopters and planes), can make money only by playing story missions, no fast travel, optional objectives are shown after you complete the mission and you must unlock weapons by completing missions!! And a lot of the missions are very boring.
  48. May 9, 2014
    Worst Grand Theft Auto game in a long time! There's nothing new to it. The map is way too small. The characters are basically more mainstream versions of the great characters of the previous games. Don't buy it, at least before it comes on the PC!
  49. May 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just your average over hyped pile of sh*t. A complete failure compared to Grand Theft Auto 4. Plot? There is no f*cking plot in this waste of 60 bucks. Gameplay? The gameplay is a joke. Everything has either been dumbed down or made for casual sh*ts that will play the game for a month and then go back to Battlefield 3.5. The melee system has been completely dumbed down and is also broken as f*ck(This is completely true in the Online) All the characters are either unoriginal and unlikable. The only characters I actually enjoyed were Floyd(who got killed by the worse character), Wade, Micheal and his family. Franklin is just your typical black character that just wants money. The only thing special about him is that he doesn't wanna be a gang banger and his slow-mo driving. Trevor is hands down the worse character in this pile of sh*t. Just your typical rapist, cannibal, psychopath that of course won COTY because the gaming community today is retarded. I gladly took the chance I got and killed him in Ending A. This game has 0 f*cking plot. You just do a bunch of missions and thats it. The only plot is how Micheal's family leaves him and than comes back and the whole Brad bullsh*t. The driving in this game is terrible. Not to mention that the car physics have been completely ruined and made casual. Every f*cking car is a god damn tank now. The funniest feature from GTA4 that Rockstar returned was flying out the car window. AND THEY COMPLETELY BROKE IT SINCE YOU DIE 7/10 TIMES IT HAPPENS NOW. At least it when came to doing extra things in Grand Theft Auto 4, you actually had to FIND them and they were actually pretty HARD. In this overrated pile of casual sh*t, they just mark everything on the map. The random events are nice, I will give them that. Its also nice to mention how much they BROKE this games cops. Actually no, they ain't cops. The LSPD is actually a massive army of super soldier robo cops with owl senses and the aim of f*cking highly trained Spetsnaz. I LOVE how this game talked and talked and TALKED about how there were gonna be so mainly f*cking heists. And what did we get? 6 heists. Oh, I am completely sorry, I mean 4. Since the other two gives you F*CKING NOTHING. HOW DO YOU GO FROM MAKING SUCH GREAT GAMES LIKE GRAND THEFT AUTO 4, RED DEAD REDEMPTION AND MAX PAYNE 3, WHICH ALL DESERVED TO HAVE 9/10 AND 10/10, TO THIS PILE OF SH*T THAT DESERVES NOTHING!? This game is nothing but a overhyped pile of a*s and it can easily be seen that Rockstar payed out the f*cking retards that reviewed this and gave it 9/10 and 10/10. F*ck this game, F*ck the reviewers, and F*ck the fanboys. Expand
  50. Nov 3, 2013
    All This is HD grand theft auto. I refuse to give this game a good rating when watchdogs looks ten time better. Lego City undercover Wii U has great overworld. Grand theft auto V is terrible.
  51. Nov 5, 2013
    I liked GTA San andreas it was a step into the future for GTA. There was so much to do nd it was so diverse. GTA 5 is nothing compared to it. I guess the graphics whores will ove it but honestly I play games to have fun not to look at graphics. You can't even go to the gym or fast food places. You cant do valet missions like police missions or taxi missions anymore. You can't even do them online. This game is not GOTY it's just a game for fans they should have come out with GTA San andreas HD that would have been awesome this is just a dumb wanna be. And the focus on story and graphics is bad go get saints row 4 way better. Expand
  52. Aug 25, 2014
    Game is nothing short of disappointing.The main characters were dull as a rock.The game has no replay value after u finish it.It's the same game 10 years ago.It's just mindless killing prostitutes,stealing cars and that's it.Very generic and bland story.GTAIV and San Andreas blow this game
  53. Jan 15, 2014
    I'm going to get a lot of hate for this....but this game is nothing innovative, creative, or memorable. It's simply muscle power.

Don't get me wrong, as of today, this is a very very good game. Super fun and addicting. Problem is, this is the definition of playing it safe. Rockstar had a massive amount of cash to blow, endorsements, major backings, hype, and what did they do? They
    gave us a half-decent story line, and a gigantic map to wreak havock. Boom, millions of violence-obsessed morons shout "game of the year!"

In reality, games like this are going to, in the near future, become all to commonplace. As memory's grow on consoles and games become larger and larger, budgets become bigger and bigger, it will be less costly than ever before to make a game with a bigass map and an okay storyline.

That's why I believe games like The Last of Us are so much more deserving of GOTY. If you gave Rockstar a frickin PS50 and 500 million dollars, they would still struggle to make a game as hard-hitting, emotional, and applicable to reality as TLOU.
  54. Dec 24, 2013
    I think the game was a little too over-hyped. The game world is large, but sadly, there isn't very much to do in it after the story and it get's boring very quickly.
    All the reviews I had read, except this one: http://gmacwebs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/gta-v-not-as-good-as-expected_4.html seemed to just over-sell he game, claiming it is the most advanced, immerdive and indepth game which,
    once I had actually gotten my hands on the game, just seemed to ring totally untrue.
    I understand that people gave it such a high and glowing review because either Rockstar told them too (it's too clear that IGN, Gamestop and Game Informer were in some way "bribed" to give it such a glowing review) or because they're die hard fans of the Grand Theft Auto series.
    In my personal opinion, the game is much less than I overall expected. I listened to the reviews and thought "wow! this game looks incredible" but was massively disappointed by the vast majority of the game.

The game does have some good sides. For example, the graphics are better than most of the games out this generation, the lighting is very good and the storyline, in places, was very good. But all of this is countered-out by the irritating police, the lack of things to do, lack of discovery aspect (there wasn't much to find from exploring as there were next-to no easter eggs or very interesting things to find once you just went on a ramble), lack of vehicular customisation, repetitive nature of the things to find (i.e: letter scraps) and many more features just took the wind out of my enjoyment of the game.
    Also, when they said the game would be largest, most in depth, immersive and advanced, clearly they had never played a Bethesda game namely: Skyrim which had more content and much more things to do outside of missions.

Overall, I give the game 3/10. This is simply due to the over-hype Rockstar gave, the over-selling IGN, Gamespot and Game Informer gave, and the lack of delivery the game gave. In short: It came up, sadly, too far under par. I really wanted to give the game 10/10 or oeve 9/10, but sadly, there's too many things wrong with the game, and too many of them are too frequent which takes the immersivity, enjoyment and pleasure out from the game.
  55. Apr 25, 2014
    I got this game because of the positive reviews. I played Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto 3 and those were good so I was excited to play 5. Playing the campaign was fun with all the cool characters, but there were two things that killed it for me. The first thing were the freezes and bugs I got. The second thing was the auto aim in multiplayer. The auto aim makes the game-play feel shallow and boring. It's also annoying that the reticule is hard to see when you shoot out your vehicle. (For me at least.) Expand
  56. May 28, 2014
    Terrible graphics, but it is on consoles so thats why, but still why the f''k is it not on pc???? the game is pretty boring to be honest, it doesen't deserve a 0 but im just darging down the overall from all the noobs who things bad games are cool like Call of Duty: Ghost for PC
  57. Jun 3, 2014
    This game is terrible, the worst characters ever made for a gta game, worst gta ever made, no much improves, too agressive and ugly characters, poor storyline, i have the disgrace to play this game for the ps3, and the driving mechanics are a disaster, if you want to go hunt, you can't, you want a race, you can't, you can't do nothing in this trash of game. I think rockstar is destroying his franchises like max payne 3.
    Just one of the worst titles for the ps3.
  58. Mar 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is such a disappointment, the game makes everything pretty easy, just a few simple missions before the first heist, I never got into the story, it was really boring, I barely completed the game only for the trophies, which was a pain because of the boring missions, the gameplay is not as funny as previous game, even Grand Theft Auto IV is better than this game, I tried the online, and it's really really boring, bad servers and very glitchy with all those cheaters around, but all because of bugs of the game to get so many RP and Money, just makes the game so annoying to play, but playing with friends is a bit funny for a moment, but gets boring really really fast. It's just the hype. Expand
  59. May 31, 2014
    My god, this game is just as boring as it gets. Not to talk about the completely lifeless city full of NPCs that react the same way to everything and have nothing to offer whatsoever, not to talk about the horrible multiplayer and community full of 10 year old kids that yell at you for everything, not to talk about the worst gun mechanics ever, this game is just not to talk, and not to play.

1. Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]