8.2

1. Sep 22, 2013
    Ideal GTA.:)
    This should be GTA4. Five years ago. Beat sandbox. Best of the best :)
    One of the best game of this generation and its beautiful finish.:)
  2. Sep 22, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, great game play. It's a great game overall, the open world is beautiful and also the largest map out of the franchise. After completing the game's missions, you can really feel the connection with the characters. There is always things to do; from exploring to activities. I honestly can't wait for the online aspect of the game.
  3. Sep 30, 2013
    Just immaculate. The characters are interesting, the missions are fun, and the graphics are outstanding. The game is just so addicting that you never want to turn it off, which shows just how good it truly is.
  4. Sep 27, 2013
    Its definitely a game that should not be missed but by the end I felt my expectations were once again too high for the GTA series or that the game itself just started falling flat.

I had a level of excitement I rarely have in games from the first mission to the last mission. However, when I finally finished the final mission I just expected...I don't know...more. It's really hard to expect more from a game that gives you so much but the game felt like a jack of all trades, master of none. everything from gun play, driving, flying, and sports all felt solid but none of them felt great. None of them felt like something that would be easy to learn and hard to master. Its like everything was fun to do but I always wanted a little more.

My main gripe with the game was I felt like there was too much hand holding. The game was easy and rarely did I fail any missions. I suppose turning off the gun locking system could somewhat alleviate that but that't not how I want the game to be harder. I wish the game let me figure out how to do my own heists. Maybe walk me through the steps needed to plan it or to let me just try to go in guns blazing without a plan. Every step of the way you're just walked through how to do everything you need to. It wasn't that the heists weren't fun because they were. but like a lot of other fun games, they leave dreaming about how it could have been done better.

My second gripe is that the city is huge and the story doesn't really let us get to know it like I had hoped we would. I hoped that more places would become familiar to me around the map. The map is so full and detailed that as the major character in the game, I wanted to really get to know it better. I do like the fact that the game doesn't force you to do much and lets you experience certain aspects of the game if you want to, but sometimes you really have to go out and look for things to do by yourself.

My third and final major gripe is the story or more the end of the story. The story is fairly well written and the scripts were great and entertaining the whole time but things start to feel a bit rushed by the end and one of the final mission options is surprisingly anticlimactic. The other two options make absolutely no sense to the story line or the characters and frankly make a certain characters development pretty irrelevant by the end.

I only wanted to share my gripes in this review because there is just too much to go over for all of my likes, Despite my gripes, this is a great game and I had a lot of fun playing through it. The music, the characters, the writing, the gameplay, the world, and just about everything else is just solid. I had no issues with bugs(although I did seem to lose a few cars that I thought would go to the impound lot) and the framerate was smooth. For some of the truly great games out there, by the end you want more but at the same time you feel complete. With GTA V I wanted more and more but I didn't feel complete.

Who knows what DLC will bring to the game and I honestly hope R* plans to support this game with a lot of single and multiplayer content. Obviously GTA online isn't out yet so this review is focused only on my initial single player experience and I'm still anxiously waiting to trying it out.

Its a fun game and the sheer scale will make your jaw hit the floor. It looks and plays great but either my expectations were too high(likely) or the game actually could have been a little better in a few regards(also likely). Either way, it's definitely worth checking out.
  5. Oct 13, 2013
    This game is nearly perfect. So detailed and so magnificent. Gameplay is fun. However, there were several flaws in the game which I unfortunely had to take some points off and also confused me a little. Kind of away from what I expected. First, Some of the storylines are leaving me so many question after the credits rolled. The game left me so many mini cliff hangers and confuse messages.This game is nearly perfect. So detailed and so magnificent. Gameplay is fun. However, there were several flaws in the game which I unfortunely had to take some points off and also confused me a little. Kind of away from what I expected. First, Some of the storylines are leaving me so many question after the credits rolled. The game left me so many mini cliff hangers and confuse messages. Trevor's apparently "love interest" just kinda...well I know she had to leave him because of her husband, but she often call Trevor once in a while and just wut. Am I the one missing something here? Or does the lady just want to annoy him for the rest of his life? (also he totally ignored Molly.) But enough about love, lets talk about the three main characters. Honestly, the pictures and the box art gave me a little bit of wrong idea of all three of their relationship, before I play the game. I thought they were like 3 best buddies and they all had big dreams and worked together since day one. So I thought they would be like super close. But I somehow could not feel the connection between the three of them. Especially Trevor and Franklin. I felt like they are just forced to work together and just all about business. Not just them, Franklin felt like he s kinda an errand boy and just want to get done. I think those two were the biggest flaws. Also, in-between the story, I thought there would be more. Like robbing the jewelry story I thought there will be more like that and Michael and Amanda's relationship. Rockstar procrastinate too long in the beginning. I thought there would be more right after he beat up the yoga dude...am I the only one? I think theres more but I don't want to point out all of them. But I did had a lot of fun playing this game, time went by like a jet. Expand
  6. Oct 2, 2013
    Some people say that this didn't live up to its hype, if you know what they're smoking then I'd love to get some. Great game, but not perfect (that driving is not much different from GTA IV).
  7. Sep 19, 2013
    When you spend you hard earned money on entertainment you want it to be on average good so that you feel as though you at least got you monies worth.
    Well GTA V will exceed every expectation you ever had.
    GTA V is everything that the entertainment industry should strive to be from this point on.
  8. Jan 5, 2014
    This game is amazing. It's one of the greatest games of the last console generation. I'm giving this a 9 because of two reasons. First off, i encountered a ridiculous glitch which didn't let me progress further in the story, i couldn't even select Michael as a character anymore, so i had to restart the story all over again. The other reason is because there's alot of pop-in textures thatThis game is amazing. It's one of the greatest games of the last console generation. I'm giving this a 9 because of two reasons. First off, i encountered a ridiculous glitch which didn't let me progress further in the story, i couldn't even select Michael as a character anymore, so i had to restart the story all over again. The other reason is because there's alot of pop-in textures that occur when i drive really fast, and also in the GTA Online intro. I'm willing to let it slide though because the hardware is very dated. It's impressive that Rockstar achieved this much with such limitations. All in all great story, great gameplay, great soundtrack, must-buy. Expand
  9. Oct 2, 2013
    This is the GTA that I've been waiting for. Complete freedom, Multiple likable characters, Customization... Just everything that fans asked for! Huge improvement over GTA 4, which felt more like a Tech demo compared to this.
    Seriously, this is the perfect GTA. If you don't like this... well, then GTA just isn't your thing.
    It's a fantastic game and I can't wait to see what more this can offer.
  10. Sep 22, 2013
    best game i have ever played. fresh story although could have been a little longer in th back story of some characters. no mission main story mission felt the same. all round best game
  11. Sep 27, 2013
    Great game! Cool physics, interesting story and characters. Car's physics is easier than in GTA 4, but driving is very funny. You always have something to activities. Control is simple when you are driving or walking, but hard when you are shooting. Best of series.
  12. Sep 23, 2013
    Jump into the world of the huge and beautiful world of Los Santos, a world that makes you feel like you're in Los Angeles. This immersive masterpiece completely deserves a perfect score. The characters look and feel real, as well as the cars. The cars handle just like they do in real life when you drive, you feel like you have that much control. The missions are fun yet challenging, it'sJump into the world of the huge and beautiful world of Los Santos, a world that makes you feel like you're in Los Angeles. This immersive masterpiece completely deserves a perfect score. The characters look and feel real, as well as the cars. The cars handle just like they do in real life when you drive, you feel like you have that much control. The missions are fun yet challenging, it's everything you could want from a game. Expand
  13. Sep 25, 2013
    Has gone beyond what anyone could have expected from a game on this generation of consoles. Amazing story and game-play with a brilliant variance in each mission, you won't find yourself repeating gruellingly boring tasks as it was in GTA IV. With so much to do off mission you will find be mind-blown by the huge array of activities! Rockstar has produced a pure masterpiece! (Please ignoreHas gone beyond what anyone could have expected from a game on this generation of consoles. Amazing story and game-play with a brilliant variance in each mission, you won't find yourself repeating gruellingly boring tasks as it was in GTA IV. With so much to do off mission you will find be mind-blown by the huge array of activities! Rockstar has produced a pure masterpiece! (Please ignore butthurt PC gamers, they are only giving poor ratings because they can't have it like a crying toddler in a supermarket.) Expand
  14. Sep 25, 2013
    When this game was announced I was instantly excited. Up until it came out I was extremely anxious. When I finally got my hands on it, I was instantly impressed. The controls are in every way improved, with vehicle handling at an all time high, and shooting physics that are mechanically flawless. The story has it's minor flaws, but the big picture is captured through the eyes of the 3 mainWhen this game was announced I was instantly excited. Up until it came out I was extremely anxious. When I finally got my hands on it, I was instantly impressed. The controls are in every way improved, with vehicle handling at an all time high, and shooting physics that are mechanically flawless. The story has it's minor flaws, but the big picture is captured through the eyes of the 3 main characters, and with humor, precision, and great acting, this games flaws are quickly forgotten. Some of this games missions are so unforgettable, and Trevor is the best character in GTA history. With all the new features, and online sure to be an enthralling and addictive experience, GTA V sets the bar for open world games. Expand
  15. Sep 25, 2013
    Can not see how this game has people rating it a 0. you have to be a brain dead noob who does not know how to scratch your own arse to rate this a 0. The game is fantastic you get to play as 3 intense characters with an amazing story line. i for one could not put this game down and i have been hooked non stop. slightly disappointed that it still has the whole jump completion thing but notCan not see how this game has people rating it a 0. you have to be a brain dead noob who does not know how to scratch your own arse to rate this a 0. The game is fantastic you get to play as 3 intense characters with an amazing story line. i for one could not put this game down and i have been hooked non stop. slightly disappointed that it still has the whole jump completion thing but not a big issue and does not ruin the game.

i can understand those who wait for the price to drop but this is a MUST BUY!!! GOTY contender for sure.
  16. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is dope. If anyone says otherwise, they need to not be so damn needy and uptight about a video game. Definitely a must buy. The different aspects of the game are fun and you can never get tired of playing. I beat it the story mode but there is always something to do.
  17. Sep 27, 2013
    Good, but not the best Grand Theft Auto, the gameplay sucks, driving a car is a mess and fly a plane, is worst. But let's see the bright side, GTA V has an awesome storyline and a decent variety.
  18. Oct 5, 2013
    O jogo ótimo, a Rock Star investiu pesado nele para termos a melhor experiencia... O problema que vem uns palhaços aqui e negativam o jogo, vão se foderem.
  19. Oct 22, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V had my expectations high and it almost reached them.
    Like every game GTA V has pros and has cons. Somethings I have a problem with might just be my opinion, so they won't be listed as pros or cons.
    PROS: +The story/dialogue; even if you don't like the plot of the game, you must admit that the dialogue makes the characters feel very real. +Los Santos. The open world
    Grand Theft Auto V had my expectations high and it almost reached them.
    PROS:
    +Los Santos. The open world is the most famous thing about the GTA series, and this doesn't disappoint! It feels so alive and is incredibly large!
    +Missions, lots of 'em! The story is fairly long, but there are dozens of side missions, and my favorite: the random events that happen are just as enjoyable as the regular missions, and can add hours to your experience.
    +The abilities. Not really much to say on this one; chances are you know about them.
    +The customization! Customize your save into a completely different story than anyone else's! There is so much to customize: weapons, vehicles, and the 3 stooges.
    Now we get into the not so nice part the cons.
    CONS:
    -The missions are very linear. You do have the options on how you rob something, (stealth or loud), but nothing has been more frustrating to my game time than having to land a helicopter EXACTLY on the yellow target area. Seriously, why can't I land it 5 feet away? While there aren't really many ways to go about missions, still, why are we punished for trying something we see just as logical.
    -A game about heists has a lack of them. When there are heists it is superb, but unfortunately, you have to beat 50-60% of the game to really get into it; overall, the heists are too far between.
    -Not noob friendly. Probably my biggest problem with the game is it isn't noob friendly. Now, I had trouble with 20% of the missions, and I'd say I am slightly less than the average gamer, but I know that there might be people just getting into video games, or people who just might enjoy video games but are simply just not good at them, they are not going to enjoy the missions later down the road. But I guess everything is a matter of practice.
    -This is a very, very, VERY teeny-tiny complaint; the women in the game are 2D. Again, this isn't a huge issue, it is just that Franklin and Michael are 2 very rounded, realistic characters and they don't have to look like super-models to appeal to people. But the female characters seem to be nothing more than a pair of in this game.
    Overall I would say this a good game if you have patience for a few things. I'm not fully sure if I'd say spend $60 on it, but if you like open world, amazing character development, and a challenge, why the heck not.
  20. Oct 28, 2013
    A pretty entertaining game with good characters and a solid enough story. Some missions are much better than others and you may find yourself bored with what you're doing, making it hard to play for long periods of time. I've finished 68% the story and am still not overly invested. That said, messing around is as fun as ever. Definitely not game of the year, but an impressive effort.
  21. Nov 7, 2013
    Goods
    - 3 Main characters
    - Good characters - Fun heist missions - Fun multiplayer - so much activities - such much to collect property clothes cars ) Bads - Main characters feel inconherent as there are 3 - Some missions felt boring or annoying - Shooting can feel sloppy - Driving and flying takes time to get used too Extras - I feel like Michael and Trevor standout
    Goods
    - 3 Main characters
    - Good characters
    - Fun heist missions
    - Fun multiplayer
    - so much activities
    - such much to collect property clothes cars )

Bads
    - Main characters feel inconherent as there are 3
    - Some missions felt boring or annoying
    - Shooting can feel sloppy
    - Driving and flying takes time to get used too

Extras
    - I feel like Michael and Trevor standout and Franklin feels like a support
  22. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game can be fun if you want more of GTA, not if you want new and better GTA. In fact you are better off with Episodes or IV... there are glitches and limits to everything. It just takes the fun away. One should be able to have more interaction with non playable characters, go inside more buildings, customize more vehicles; even have more vehicles available. Nowadays it just seems like a new paint job is enough to make one content. Well it isn't. After you finish it, you desperately wonder around and you cannot even go into your properties!! In Gay Tony you could pop in the club and do some bits. I just feel like this game has fallen very short of what it could be.
    It should be an open world game, but you get anywhere and what is the point to go somewhere to clear the grey bit on your map if you get there and there's nothing going on?
    Driving is not sim nor arcade, so it is annoying. Also, I can understand why locked and not owned properties are unavailable to explore, but why, in your own place do you have inaccessible areas?
    Why can we not change the way our character looks any further, apart from Franklin, two haircuts?? What!!!? One other thing that annoys me lots is the distribution of the available properties and garages. Why are they so far from one's house, and why can you not have a car delivered to your in house garage? it is a garage... try this one: buy a vehicle, when your purchased garage is full. Then park it outside to remove one vehicle from within. when you go out the one you just purchased is gone. Now you're mad and want to go back in to see if it is there, but it isn't. Then you go out only to find you lost two cars. Then you think the police impounded it and you get there and you dunno which car it is because you haven't bothered to write down the brand of the car. then you spend $500 releasing both cars and they're just cars you don't even remember driving. But if you got home or meet up with someone and park your car, even illegally, when you come back it is there, even if it is not your assigned car, which is another silly thing. Shame this game has so much potential. I don't believe that it is focused on delivering fun, but merely selling one more GTA instalment. Every game maker should try to make games as if they never had anyone liking them before. I am sorry I purchased GTA V on the day it came out. I could have waited some time for it to be less expensive.
  23. Nov 26, 2013
    Lets start with the campaign. Personally the campaign wasn't anything new, the game itself has been a rehash of GTA 4, simply adding 3 perspectives barely changes anything, even the missions feel a little stolen theft, chasing and killing are the premises for every mission. I felt no attachment for any of the characters, especially since the main character gets slapped around like aLets start with the campaign. Personally the campaign wasn't anything new, the game itself has been a rehash of GTA 4, simply adding 3 perspectives barely changes anything, even the missions feel a little stolen theft, chasing and killing are the premises for every mission. I felt no attachment for any of the characters, especially since the main character gets slapped around like a common hooker for the majority of the game, he has no drive to get revenge usually, and only occasionally turns into the bad ass mafia man we all assumed he would be with constant ramifications. Then the side missions are also insane; smoke pot then go shoot aliens I do believe Saints row beat them to the punch. This game does feel exactly like a coalition between GTA and SR which isn't all bad but means you feel like you're replaying an older game. The main redeeming quality is the multiplayer which is fun for hours at a time as long as you play with friends the solo gamer with find it tedious with repetitive missions and heists, constant wanted stars, and the annoying high levelled gamer who follows you round for the sole purpose of killing you. Even with friends this game becomes redundant after a couple weeks, and I only pick it up for an hour every fortnight. Expand
  24. Jan 2, 2014
    Great game. I loved how you can switch between characters and play different side stories. One of the best editions to the series. Overall it is a great game you can spend hours playing with out getting bored
  25. Feb 8, 2014
    its not perfect but it is better than GTA 4 (which i don't think should have a metacritic score of 98) that being said there are so many things the developer could of improved on such as being able to go into more buildings, i mean come on, look at all the things san andreas had compared to this game, you could even play pool in san andreas, why would they replace that with yoga.its not perfect but it is better than GTA 4 (which i don't think should have a metacritic score of 98) that being said there are so many things the developer could of improved on such as being able to go into more buildings, i mean come on, look at all the things san andreas had compared to this game, you could even play pool in san andreas, why would they replace that with yoga. Definitely a great game and the graphics are top notch but the hype was a bit too much Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2013
    This's awessome.This game is GOTY winner, or maybe Ultimate Game.
    Like a GTA-Fanboy, i love gta since the first edition, in 1996~97. This is the Grand Theft Auto 5.
  27. Feb 3, 2014
    I got a free copy of GTA5 when I was forced to purchase a new PS3 when my first generation model finally croaked. The GTA5 bundle was the least expensive deal, so that's the only reason I got the game. And I'm glad I didn't spend a single dime on this piece of crap game. The industry complex for some reason loves to herald Rockstar as a great game developer, and all GTA5 is is aI got a free copy of GTA5 when I was forced to purchase a new PS3 when my first generation model finally croaked. The GTA5 bundle was the least expensive deal, so that's the only reason I got the game. And I'm glad I didn't spend a single dime on this piece of crap game. The industry complex for some reason loves to herald Rockstar as a great game developer, and all GTA5 is is a smut-ridden, foul-language oversaturating, horrible game mechanics, terrible gun battling, stereotyping piece of garbage. Just like every other GTA game. I don't know I bothered to pop it into my console and dirty it up. No clue. How does this game have such a huge rating? How?

The driving is terrible, the shooting...snap L2 and you instantly aim at and track your opponents, and if you fail a mission you have to start all over again. The story is horrible, and so what if Los Santos or whatever it's called is a big, sprawling city? So what??? And don't even get me started on MP mode.

This is a piece of trash like nothing ever before it...except for GTA4. These games are the reason the game industry gets hammered and hounded, and the bad part is they're not even good. They placate to a crowd of the gaming community that are as low as the characters in the games.
  28. Sep 22, 2013
    This is an am amazing game to end this generation. I'm a big GTA fan, and while I enjoyed 4, but it felt lacking on some fronts from the PS2 era GTA games. GTA V brings in a good balance of the realism and darker themes of GTA 4 with characters with their own issues, but the craziness from previous games is back to an extent.

I've grown older and more mature from the PS2 era, but it's

I've grown older and more mature from the PS2 era, but it's nice to have a variety of missions in regards to gameplay, and throughout the entire game it isn't just a handful of missions that are interesting, but overall majority of the missions are interesting and fun. The problem with GTA games main storyline is there are usually some long lows in which not much happens until the next big game. Obviously the heists are the big high point in this game, but there are plenty of missions for each characters that are fun and memorable. On top of that you have plenty of side activities which GTA 4 lacked.

Finally the three character progression and switching back and forth during missions is a bold idea that was executed really well. It's fun switching between characters during a mission in real time, and it really enhances the gameplay. In a sense it gives it more realism that it isn't one person handling everything as you worked together as a crew in a lot of missions. If you haven't played this yet, then get it. It's amazing!
  29. Sep 21, 2013
    All i can say is that i'm thankful i rented it. I played for about five hours and was bored. I much prefer story driven games. This one seems all over the place. I guess if i tried to stay with it i'd find some good game play but i don't think it's worth it. I did find the scenery and movement throughout the world excellent so i guess people who liked the older versions will love this.
  30. Sep 23, 2013
    Well, I absolutely love Grand Theft Auto 5. The best out of the GTA franchise, best game Rockstar ever brought out in my opinion. Love the storyline, the graphics have improved, gameplay is awesome, you can now actually see boob! Which lets be honest is the best bit! The first thing I did as well as countless others was go to a strip bar and get a dance! BEST THING EVER! The 3 charactersWell, I absolutely love Grand Theft Auto 5. The best out of the GTA franchise, best game Rockstar ever brought out in my opinion. Love the storyline, the graphics have improved, gameplay is awesome, you can now actually see boob! Which lets be honest is the best bit! The first thing I did as well as countless others was go to a strip bar and get a dance! BEST THING EVER! The 3 characters you can be Michael, Franklin and Trevor are great together. Trevor is by far my favorite character, with his witty humor, threats and his, well lets say 'Gay Tendencies' (you will know when u play it or if u've played it) have kept me entertained for hours on end. I like the fact that you can switch between characters, its a good feature which I hope they keep in on the other GTA games. The customization is awesome, you can customize anything from cars to motorbikes, as well as your characters clothes, hair cut, facial hair and/or tattoos. All in all I give GTA V a rating of 10/10.

-AG-
  31. Sep 23, 2013
    The good:
    The story. (was ok)
    The characters. Illusion of a living city. Good GFX for old console. Great sound. The Bad: Only a few and duplicated shops/activities spread around map. Very little interaction with city allowed. Simple gameplay. The missions are a breeze. Only challenge was when first learning to land a plane. Disappearing cars and people when you look away then
    The good:
    The story. (was ok)
    The characters.
    Illusion of a living city.
    Good GFX for old console.
    Great sound.

The Bad:
    Only a few and duplicated shops/activities spread around map.
    Very little interaction with city allowed.
    Disappearing cars and people when you look away then back.
    Cop chases are boring. Too easy to escape.

Summary: A nice looking virtual dollhouse for guys to fantasize in with tacked on weak gameplay.
  32. Sep 19, 2013
    stop to cry little girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  33. Dec 9, 2013
    Zero replay value, forgettable characters, and less than astounding graphics puts this as one of my biggest wastes of money this year. The online is purely based on whoever is most popular getting all the teammates, and whoever exploited the replay function most. VGA GOTY? The world clearly doesn't have my taste in games.
  34. Sep 21, 2013
    The missions are varied and highly entertaining. They aren't all just repetitive shooting missions like in GTA 4. And there are some really cool heist missions.

The driving is fluid and fun, more like the driving in the PS2 games. The side activities like tennis, golf, shooting range are all very fun. Tennis is my favourite. There are many weapons and cars, and both are customizable.

The driving is fluid and fun, more like the driving in the PS2 games.
    There are many weapons and cars, and both are customizable.
    There is a huge world to explore, with submarine, planes, bicycles and much more.
    Money is useful in this game, and it is fun to work your way up to millionaire status

GTA V is more like GTA San Andreas than GTA 4, I personally found GTA 4 disappointing but this game brought back the "fun factor". Everything is just excellent, whether your playing missions or just messing around, its super fun.

35. Oct 14, 2013
    Great single player, but wait for the actual real release on PC and next gen consoles. No reason to give Rockstar your money twice for the same product. The online aspect was released separately because the developer knew it was broken. Have some respect for yourself as gamers and go against broken games and pay to win, when you expect more you get more.
  36. Sep 18, 2013
    I figure I'd start at a 5 rating if the game was as good as its predecessor; then work up or down from there. If you’ve played the previous GTAs allot, then this game will feel much the same. Better controls, nicer graphics, more verity, and more realistic sound, but essentially the same. This of course is expected (it is a sequel to a very successful game that works on a provenI figure I'd start at a 5 rating if the game was as good as its predecessor; then work up or down from there. If you’ve played the previous GTAs allot, then this game will feel much the same. Better controls, nicer graphics, more verity, and more realistic sound, but essentially the same. This of course is expected (it is a sequel to a very successful game that works on a proven formula) and welcome since it’s been quite a while since I’ve played a GTA game (it is foreign enough to enjoy again). That all said, it still has that clunky feel of old GTA games and it will grow mundane fairly quick if you’ve really played others in the line. If you’ve never played a GTA game then it’s an absolute must buy, otherwise; I’d recommend renting, borrowing, or buying at a reduced price later in the year. Expand
  37. Sep 19, 2013
    Let me start by saying that I have not finished this game yet, I am around a third of the way through the main missions, and completed some additional activities on the side.

Grand Theft Auto V is the story of 3 lead characters and their interwoven stories. Michael, Franklin and Trevor. The 3 character system is a great idea, and I can see the advantages from a story point of view. However, I feel that it simply isn't implemented as well as it could be, or as useful as some of the pre-release footage showed. Any mission I have played to date with multiple characters doesn't let you switch as much as I would like. Chasing a boat with Franklin and Michael was fun, But when Franklin boarded the boat, I wanted to control him, not follow the chase as Michael. Later in the same mission, I would have preferred to continue driving, instead of being forced to switch to the shooter. Maybe that seems like a minor gripe, but the more I have played, the more I see the switching system as an inconvenience. Missions that can only be completed by specific characters, property that has to be bought by the right character, and separate pools of cash and ammo.

The gameplay aside from switching is tight. Cars control well for the most part, cover and gun play are fun, and the tennis and golf activities play better than some full fledged sports titles I have had the misfortune of playing. But I still find myself getting bored. For such an expansive map there are wide areas of nothing. Mount Chiliad for example. Is massive, it looms large as you approach it, and the mountain base sprawls to cover an area not dissimilar to the area covered by Los Santos itself. But it is barren. I have flew over it a number of times, drove past it even more, and have no desire to go anywhere near it.

The game is technically very impressive, with no load screens in sight, however, the resulting frame-rate issues occasionally make me wish the game would have stopped for 10 seconds to finish what it was doing before letting me carry on. Graphically it's competent, it does what it sets out to do, and the explosions are very pretty, but graphics are not this games strongest asset.

The characters are, at least most of them. Most of the characters are well written, well voiced, and have their endearing aspects. At the same time, there are a handful of characters that have bit parts that you feel should be fleshed out more, perhaps I will see them again later in the game. However, I had read other reviews, and from what I was expecting, Trevor was supposed to be the favourite for the player, and Chop the dog was supposed to be a great leap in the 'dogs in games' movement that Peter Molyneux seems to have started.

But Trevor is just a scumbag, and not the funny kind that he should be, but just a straight out scumbag, his motivations are skewed in such a way that it's hard to empathise with him, when he does some of the things he does, you just wish he would stop. As far as Chop goes, I was forced to use him in one mission, which was painful to see included in a game of this calibre and haven't looked at him since, which makes the companion app redundant so far.

I feel like I am focusing too much on the negatives, but it's only because I had such hope and hype for this title, and 15 hours in, I am only still playing it because I have nothing else taking me away right now. (So much so that I am taking to writing a review on a site I have never written on before so that I have something else to do for a while)

It's a solid game, it has some brilliant moments, but just isn't what I was hoping for, and feels like a step in the wrong direction since GTA IV. Perhaps the game will prove me wrong by the time I reluctantly finish it. But right now it feels like there will be more monotony than joy to reach the end game
  38. Sep 20, 2013
    What else could a gamer wish? Nothing. GTA V is why I like playing games. Is was 5 long years waiting but every minute was worth it. Eating? sleeping? Not important any more as long as you can slide your copy of GTA V in your console and play the best game of the last 5 years.
  39. Nov 11, 2013
    GTA V was the most overrated game of this year, this game is awesome, but gets boring when you've played for 3 weeks. The campaign was funny, the sound, the misions but the story is very predictable and turns bad when you´ve played games like The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Halo, etc. The Multiplayer is full of activities to do, but if you aren't playing with friends the multiplayerGTA V was the most overrated game of this year, this game is awesome, but gets boring when you've played for 3 weeks. The campaign was funny, the sound, the misions but the story is very predictable and turns bad when you´ve played games like The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Halo, etc. The Multiplayer is full of activities to do, but if you aren't playing with friends the multiplayer gets repetitive and boring. This is my opinion, probably you will like this game, but when you play for a month, you will understand what I'm talking about Expand
  40. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You know, GTA V being a very sensitive subject, I would just like to start by saying I am a huge fan of the franchise. Here's my two cents.

The loggerhead sea GTA V (Caretta caretta), or loggerhead, is an oceanic GTA V distributed throughout the world. It is a marine reptile, belonging to the family Cheloniidae. The average loggerhead measures around 90 cm (35 in) long when fully grown, although larger specimens of up to 280 cm (110 in) have been discovered. The adult loggerhead sea GTA V weighs approximately 135 kg (298 lb), with the largest specimens weighing in at more than 450 kg (1,000 lb). The skin ranges from yellow to brown in color, and the shell is typically reddish-brown. No external differences in gender are seen until the GTA V becomes an adult, the most obvious difference being the adult males have thicker tails and shorter plastrons than the females.

The loggerhead sea GTA V is found in the San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, and Vice City, as well as the Vice City Stories. It spends most of its life in and estuarine habitats, with females briefly coming ashore to lay eggs. The loggerhead sea GTA V has a low reproductive rate; females lay an average of four egg clutches and then become quiescent, producing no eggs for two to three years. The loggerhead reaches sexual maturity within 17–33 years and has a lifespan of 47–67 years.
  41. Dec 10, 2013
    Most hyped and overrated game of the year, The first days were good until you finished the campaign. Multiplayer mode had its problems which R* took a while to fix. Then they lowered the amount of reward cash from missions. They still haven't published the heist for online mode like they announced before the game launched. This is easily one of the worst GTA games I've ever played.
  42. Sep 20, 2013
    An awesome game but not perfect!

BAD The story was not as as long as previous GTAs and the ending (the one that makes sense) was weak. Money is pointless in the end game. Stat building is pointless as all the characters start with high stats anyway. I towed heaps of cars and dropped off heaps of guns but there isn't a level process such as other GTAs and you get nothing special for
    An awesome game but not perfect!

BAD

The story was not as as long as previous GTAs and the ending (the one that makes sense) was weak. Money is pointless in the end game. Stat building is pointless as all the characters start with high stats anyway. I towed heaps of cars and dropped off heaps of guns but there isn't a level process such as other GTAs and you get nothing special for it. Most properties are boring and missing their missions means nothing. Map is no where near as big as people made it out to be. Most of the north is just mountains with nothing interesting. The heists, which are awesome fun, are a one off with the reward. Only point replaying is to beat scores. The radio stations are horrible and repetitive.

GOOD

Awesome collection of guns and cars with heaps of customization available. It's a good looking and sounding game as expected. Flight school and shooting ranges are back. Playing sport can be fun (building strength however would've made more sense going to a gym or boxing ring...). Underwater is amazing for the 1st half hour. The 3 main characters are funny and the switch between them is really well done. Special moves also make each character more unique. Main missions are fun and interesting and the hidden missions that I've found so far have been fun. Kifflom

Now that I have finished about 80% of the game it's just boring. Probably not going to touch it again until multi-player finally comes out.
    Still it was fun while it lasted.
  43. Sep 23, 2013
    I created this account just to rate this game. First let me say that I've played EVERY GTA since GTA 1. There is something wonderful about this game. Running around in the wilderness makes me wonder how awesome this game would be as a dayz type game. There are so many good things that I'm just going to tell you what is "wrong" even though most of the problems are console limitations. LoadI created this account just to rate this game. First let me say that I've played EVERY GTA since GTA 1. There is something wonderful about this game. Running around in the wilderness makes me wonder how awesome this game would be as a dayz type game. There are so many good things that I'm just going to tell you what is "wrong" even though most of the problems are console limitations. Load time. Die during a mission? Expect around 10+ seconds of load time before you get another go. Load time gets annoying on tough missions. If you run and jump into a wall it knocks your dude out for like 5 seconds. It was funny the first 20 times, but got old when I'm trying to run from the police. The iFruit app used for training the dog is currently only available on iPhone. From an app developers perspective this is bad juju. A good app developer could convert that entire thing in just hours, yet they released the game without the Android app; this really...really bothers me and it should bother everyone else as well. They only explanation I can think of is how they are blatantly bashing Android devices within the game on radio advertisements. I had a laugh at the ads, they are clever, but come on let us train our pooch. The map is annoying as well. I'm about 8 hours in and have no idea what the map markers mean or who they are for. I go to each map marker with each character until I find the right character because it puts the marker on every characters map for some strange reason. Vehicle handling? Annoying at first, lovely after the first few hours of gameplay. The police? I would like a witness type system. If I kill everyone then police shouldn't know what I look like, it makes no sense. Why can't I mask up, kill some dudes, then take the mask off or just change my getaway vehicle to get off the police radar unless they spotted the vehicle tradeoff? They are making great progress in how the police "track" you, but the whole star system is still weak. I can shoot the rotors of a helicopter and it still will not go down. I love the addition of the stock market, made me rich so fast by just diversifying shares and selling at the smallest margin of profit, same as real life, just with less news as to what the company is doing....lol. I started a savings fund to buy a Tesla because of this games Coil, which is awesome. Basically this game helped save the planet a little See I cannot even stay on the negatives...the game just has too many positives about it for me to focus on the negatives. Final thought here is that the game wasn't ready. Online wasn't ready, the store wasn't ready, the police AI wasn't ready, the Android and Windows app wasn't ready....Big stuff there, enough to make me give it a 9/10. Believe me though, this game is worth quadruple what you pay for it. It's the price of watching 6 movies in theater. Do you remember the last 6 or 7 movies you saw? Me neither, but I'll remember GTA 5 just the same as GTA 4 and before. Expand
  44. Dec 3, 2013
    its a big world with lots to do and all in all acts as a distraction from the original objective and story which can eventually break the dramatic tension. i believe people all over the world have thrown their money at this game without thinking. what happened to all those games that told a story without all the distraction of the surrounding environment, after all i only ever see myselfits a big world with lots to do and all in all acts as a distraction from the original objective and story which can eventually break the dramatic tension. i believe people all over the world have thrown their money at this game without thinking. what happened to all those games that told a story without all the distraction of the surrounding environment, after all i only ever see myself and other people playing this game driving around and killing people which can be fun but whats the point, after they eventually come to their senses and realize what they have been doing for past 3 hours and do a damn mission they end up saying to themselves "what the is going on!?" Expand
  45. Dec 11, 2013
    That´s only a critic against Rockstar because of his betray at the PC users, don´t be angry! I´m not jealous, just dissappoint...
    Sorry for the bad English..
  46. Sep 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been waiting for this game for a long time now and I didn't expect it to be this great.I mean, it's basically San Andreas with better graphics, physics engine and overall, eveything.This game is the greatest game of the year, maybe Watch Dogs can come close to it, but no way it's getting past GTA.Only one thing that disturbed me was the torture scene with Trevor.If they had a "Skip this Session" option, like MW 2 did for the No Russian mission, that would stop any hate on GTA V I believe.
    Don't doubt it's greatness, get the game, it's the best
  47. Sep 23, 2013
    Excelent videogame,the best grand theft auto,game of the year.............................................................................................
  48. Nov 13, 2013
    Simply put, this game is overrated. Especially for me, the kind of player who likes to get sidetracked with killing sprees. The limitations on who you can attack, where you can go, what happens when you don't follow orders during a mission, and how often police descend upon you is rather stifling. In this regard, I had a great deal more fun in GTAIV and RDR. As far as missions and storySimply put, this game is overrated. Especially for me, the kind of player who likes to get sidetracked with killing sprees. The limitations on who you can attack, where you can go, what happens when you don't follow orders during a mission, and how often police descend upon you is rather stifling. In this regard, I had a great deal more fun in GTAIV and RDR. As far as missions and story goes, everything is feels like a big string of loosely-connected events, with little sense of progression or narrative structure. I'm sure things will pick up later in the game, but until then I have little motivation to play errand boy. Not to mention the initial story arc of having to "get enough money to pay for the big bad boo boo we made" is ridiculously stupid (in my opinion).

Anyway, note that this is only a part of my dislike for this game. I don't feel I should bother to explain myself any further, considering the number of other reviews you can read, and my perception of the validity of this site (which is very, very low), but yeah...thoroughly disappointing.
  49. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright, so this game sucks monkey balls. I mean, you don't even have any super powers! I own all of the possible Superman and Spiderman comic books, so I totally know my comic book heroes, so don't argue with me! Rockstar isn't very clever for releasing this title. I mean, this is just a remastered edition of Call of Duty for the Nintendo Gamecube. I don't know why this is labeled as a PS3 game. I mean, that system is so ancient. I have a PS9, and I'm totally telling the truth. For every person that rates this game helpful, I'll give you a Lamborghini. FREE OF CHARGE! With limited entry. I'm totally someone you can trust. Thank you boo's. Good night. Expand
  50. Apr 29, 2014
    Terrible handling (esp. helicopters and planes), can make money only by playing story missions, no fast travel, optional objectives are shown after you complete the mission and you must unlock weapons by completing missions!! And a lot of the missions are very boring.
  51. Sep 23, 2013
    While I did enjoy the exploration the story was at best, muddled. The game milks the initial conflict all the way through the end. There's no plot twists, no character development. My second gripe is that there's no vigilante helicopter missions nor ambulance missions, In short, after completing the game with all the side missions I don't feel compelled to play it any more at all. I reallyWhile I did enjoy the exploration the story was at best, muddled. The game milks the initial conflict all the way through the end. There's no plot twists, no character development. My second gripe is that there's no vigilante helicopter missions nor ambulance missions, In short, after completing the game with all the side missions I don't feel compelled to play it any more at all. I really hope Rockstar doesn't try to charge me extra for content such as this. Expand
  52. Sep 18, 2013
    I try and make this as straight forward as possible and not come over as a fanboy, even though i have been a great fan of the series since they went full 3D with GTA 3. It's probably the most hyped game since the last GTA release, even people robbing people from their game when they bought it at a store! But beside that. Rockstar always tries to make their next GTA better than the lastI try and make this as straight forward as possible and not come over as a fanboy, even though i have been a great fan of the series since they went full 3D with GTA 3. It's probably the most hyped game since the last GTA release, even people robbing people from their game when they bought it at a store! But beside that. Rockstar always tries to make their next GTA better than the last one, and they did! In GTA IV people were missing the huge map and fun activities you could do in GTA San Andreas, that is now returned, we have a huge map, allot of activities, you can just do a bike race, a triathlon or take your dog Chop to the beach and throw a ball. With the help of a real app for Itunes called iFruit you can make chop a better dog, like learning tricks and such that will benefit you in game as well! Only downside now for this app is that its using the Rockstar Social Club servers and they have been so busy since release it can't be used.

The graphics look good, i did not expect a big improvement over the last GTA, but they sure did their best to make it look great and try and keep a stable framerate for a already outdated hardware. When you are driving real fast the framerate will take a dip down, but this was also present in the release version of GTA IV, they managed to fix that in a patch. I have no doubt we will get a patch soon. Only big downside on the graphics is the lack of Anti Aliasing so you got allot of jaggy edges going on. But for the current performance of the game i can live with that.

The characters as always are very fitting for a GTA world, but this time they seem to be a mix of three previous GTA main characters, Michael look like a high roller from Vice City, Franklin like CJ from San Andreas, and Trevor more like Nico from GTAIV, only completely insane (how insane you might ask? He deviled a teddybear at one moment, thats how crazy!)

The physics have been improved allot as well, cars handle more precise than in the previous GTA, where i crashed more than i wanted too! The rag-doll physics also are a great improvement and i can tell they used them prior in Max Payne 3. The fighting system also has gotten a needed improvement, and it can lead to funny scenes on the streets, especially when you cheap shot someone and knock him out in one punch.

The missions are allot better, and they are allot more diverse than the previous GTA's, what i like the most was during the start of the game, when you start as Franklin, you are a repo men. Meaning you had to steal back cars from people who did not pay for them anymore! Basically making Grand Theft Auto Legal Theft Auto, but the main idea is still there! A funny addition to Franklin is Chop, that eventually becomes your dog, you can take him around for a walk, throw a ball around and when someone attacks you, he will take that guy out!

Back to the missions, the big missions, are heists, they bring you more back into the heist instead of just go to the place and start the mission, like for the first heist, you rob a jewelry store, do you go in with allot of violence and witnesses? Or do you throw in sleeping gas in the AC and nobody will see you and escape quikly? If you choose the sleeping gas method, you have to a Exterminators fan and sleeping gas, choose the right crew for your mission, if you cheap out on one of your crew members, as i did with the guy who handled the weapons, you could loose a cut (of the profit) seeing he was very poor in his driving skills and crashed head on against a bridge while trying to escape on bikes.

And there are of course more side missions from helping out strangers or mission that involve around the three main characters.

The thing that stood out the most for me was how they made Los Santos even more feel like a real alive city than the previous GTA cities, when you are in Franklins neighborhood, basically a ghetto, you will see gang bangers around the corner, including with a guy on a small bike! Hookers,drunks and bums can be found in the alleys. If you go towards the beach area, that seems to be heavily inspireed by the area of Miami's Muscle Beach, you will encounter musicians, big muscled guys working out and people on the beach, and the beach really is a beach now, with towels, surfboards, lots of people sun bathing and the life guard towers are manned as well, there are even people swimming in the sea. If you walk across the beach shore, you eventually even come across a place where you can enter a triathlon! Where you start with swimming, than biking, and than running! your physical health also comes in play this time, run more, and you can sprint longer, shoot more, you get to become more handy with weapons!

Overall, the game has been improved allot since GTA IV, and we havent even seen GTA Online yet with what looks to become very promising!
  53. Sep 22, 2013
    It just looks so good for console and the main characters are so awesome. The map is f***ing massive like there are tons of things to do. I only have noticed framerate drop few times in cut scenes but never in gameplay. Only downsides are aiming and poor antialiasing. Mouse aiming is just so much better. Still I give this game a 10 and it's hands down the best game this year. It is also inIt just looks so good for console and the main characters are so awesome. The map is f***ing massive like there are tons of things to do. I only have noticed framerate drop few times in cut scenes but never in gameplay. Only downsides are aiming and poor antialiasing. Mouse aiming is just so much better. Still I give this game a 10 and it's hands down the best game this year. It is also in my top 10 video games of all time if not even in top 5. Expand
  54. Sep 21, 2013
    Rockstar has highlighted once again why they are the best developer in the business with their latest installment of Grand Theft Auto.

Grand Theft Auto 5 excels in so many different ways its beyond belief its almost impossible to praise everything in this game because of the sheer amount of content and possibilities, and is fully deserving of all the positive reviews and scores it has achieved thus far.

The story telling in this game is absolutely sublime, and everyone involved in the voice overs and acting has done an excellent job of portraying their characters in a way which other video games are unable to do.

Improved mechanics in this game has given us many games rolled into one, the driving is superb and at one point blasting through the hills in Vinewood, it felt like the Need for Speed game we always wanted, but without the awful forced drifting. The shooting mechanics for GTA as always are fantastic, and at last have made it more of a challenge to shoot with the buzzards in comparison to TBOGT.

There is a reason this game has becoming the fastest selling entertainment product to hit £1billion of all time, and its because quite frankly this is the greatest game ever created and puts the developers who rehash the same game every year such as Activision, to shame. Rockstar have taken their time and delivered on everything we wanted and then some, from owning pets in the game, to heists online and even rallying.

The added entity of GTA Online isnt even out yet, and already GTA 5 has received worldwide acclaim, lord only knows the kind of praise it will get on October 1st.

Overall, this game is a graphical masterpiece with everything we ever needed, from being able to hunt in the wilderness, to modding cars and having our NFS fun, to planning bank robberies and stealing fighter jets from the military, there really is very little left out when you fully play this game, and even after you think you've seen and done it all, the game throws something else at you.

My advice, ignore the negative reviews from those Call of Duty fan boys, they will all run off this game when Ghosts drops later in the year, and read the reviews of the overall gamers who play all games to a solid level. GTA 5 is a MUST play game, just like Skyrim was a few years ago, and LA Noire a few years before that, its a game which yet again has changed what we perceive as great, in this constantly evolving industry.
  55. Sep 19, 2013
    Ok first off I haven't played nowhere enough to really review this game but it seems unreal in its quality. It is obvious Rockstar has been working on this since gta4 and it really shows!!! It is a template for them for next gen but they have gotten so much out of this game on this hardware I can't believe it and shows these systems in the right hands can still create something new andOk first off I haven't played nowhere enough to really review this game but it seems unreal in its quality. It is obvious Rockstar has been working on this since gta4 and it really shows!!! It is a template for them for next gen but they have gotten so much out of this game on this hardware I can't believe it and shows these systems in the right hands can still create something new and beautiful. They easily could have used the same graphic engine as gta4 or red dead or max payne and they have improved on them all. People saying this game is no good or either ADD kids who don't pay attention PC gamers people wanting the online portion(my son) or they are just so spoiled by the great games these days they aren't noticing the detail. Its great I was amazed last night when playing how the characters feet even hit steps just right Get this game and love it unless your a child or pro life woman those are the only people I can say wouldn't like this game. Oh and the soundtrack is great. Back to Los Santos for me!!! Expand
  56. Sep 19, 2013
    People have to remember this game is made on CURRENT gen.... everyone was expecting this amazing game with NEXT gen capabilities. For a PS3 game this IS amazing.

My problems.... Car mods are VERY shallow... can't do nearly as much modding as R* led us to believe. No NITRO!!!!! WTF!!!!... No jetpack, no hydra, no Apache helicopter, no vigilante,fire truck, or ambulance missions. Al

My problems....

No jetpack, no hydra, no Apache helicopter, no vigilante,fire truck, or ambulance missions. Al though they do have a fighter jet and a helicopter with missiles, so that isn't so bad.

Air planes are way way too slow. I understand they couldn't make them real speed or else you would be around the map in 30 seconds... but my goodness they are SLOW (even the fighter jet)... not even close to what they show in the trailers.

Basically any kind of modding is shallow (especially weapon modding).

Even though I gave the game a 9/10... it's really more of a 9.8. And I focused on the negative stuff because that negative stuff only makes up about 0.01% of the game and there isn't enough room to list the other 99.99% of the game that R* got right.
  57. Sep 24, 2013
    Ahaha the very few negative reviews that there is have no warrant to them! LOL like almost 80% of the people don't agree. So i will go with the flow and mention that i love this game for what it is. San Andreas Meets Saints Row 2 Equal GTA 5 Level Awesome! I have no Issues with game-play i imagine someone complained about how hard some missions are but that is life of the open world gamesAhaha the very few negative reviews that there is have no warrant to them! LOL like almost 80% of the people don't agree. So i will go with the flow and mention that i love this game for what it is. San Andreas Meets Saints Row 2 Equal GTA 5 Level Awesome! I have no Issues with game-play i imagine someone complained about how hard some missions are but that is life of the open world games evil missions.
    The Way you switch between characters during missions is awesome as hell!
    Gun play is sort of like Red Dead Redemption meet GTA San Andreas.
    Entertaining to say the least of this game.
  58. Sep 24, 2013
    After playing over 20 hours; I can safely say, this is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. Makes me feel as if I'm inside of the movie "Heat" And hey, all of you fans of GTAV? Trust me, go watch it if you haven't seen it. You'll see a strong influence from this 1995 classic!

And to anyone who'd rate this game lower than a 5? Is simply drinking their own haterade go back under the bridge, troll nobody is going to listen to your smear campaign.

I keep asking myself the same question a lot of gamers are asking right now. Do I consider GTAV the best video game ever made? That right away speaks so much about this title. Truthfully, It's hard for me to say. That being said, I don't think I, or anyone else, has any business rating this game until they've finished it, it's THAT big. Theirs THAT much to do.

But, it's also such a well made game, that I needed to get on here and give it my opinion especially when seeing 132 negative trolls.

Witty humorous dialog, a blast to play, enthralling storylines that twist and turn, excellent graphics, and a huge amount of of things to spend your money on, makes for an incredibly addictive, if not memorable, experience.

By far, the heists are my favorite part of the game. When that music starts up? (Again, go watch Heat. You'll see what I mean!)

The only thing that encourages me more about this game is the door being left wide open for future DLC. I hope they add as much as they added with GTA IV, if not more.

Listen, to me? A 9 is a masterpiece. 10? That'd be the best game ever made.

My honest to god feeling is somewhere between 9 and 10. I do want to dock a half or quarter point, simply due to the PS3 literally being pushed to it's limit to run this game at a playable level. Make no doubt, it IS playable extremely playable but as someone who maintains a legit gaming PC? I expect sustained frame rates of 45 or better. Thats simply not possible on the PS3 with this game its too much (I'd be scared to see how the 360 is coping!) Nonetheless Frame rates of mid 20's to mid 30's? That's perfectly playable. You may not even notice if you aren't a big PC gamer.

Is it the most enjoyable game I've ever played? Wow... Yeah, I think so. Honest to god I think it is. Does that make it the best game I've ver played? Well... if it ran a tad smoother? Maybe... Still the fact that so many of us are even having this conversation is incredible praise, considering I've been gaming since 2600 and C64.

That's all irrelevant I'm giving it a 10 anyway; not just because it deserves a 10, but because at its LOWEST, it deserves a 9 but thanks to all the butt hurt crybaby's with sand in their vj's, with the gall to rate this title any lower than 5? Then I'm going to do my part, as a life long gamer, to balance it out.

Literally; some of you need to take off your grandma's panties whats the point actively working a smear campaign? Has the press not spoken with overwhelming praise? Did you not think most of us already knew how well made it was? Or, we're you just offended somehow. By a video game. In the world of fantasy. Lol jesus, good luck in the real world; I'm sure your pastor is proud of you.

Folks The developers spent $137,000,000 on making this game. This aint no racing game its not a yearly football roster they dont need to pay licsences for car logos or player associations.

That went into the game your playing.

And wow.... does it show.

Excellent job Rockstar you did not disappoint. Considering how high my, nay, OUR expectations were? I think the crown of gaming belongs to you.... Again.

My only caveat:

I just want to say This is not a game for children you'd be surprised how many irresponsible guardians will buy this for a 11 year old.

Parents? You know those stories you hear on the news when some mom or dad does something incredibly irresponsible; and then all the other parents who are watching, shake their heads in disapproval and mutter "no wonder that kid's so messed up"? Buying this game for a child? This would be one of those mistakes. Only you know where your kid is at on the maturity scale but buying this for a 13 year old? It aint the same as buying it for a 17 year old. Frankly, I'm not even sure some 20 year olds are mature enough for this game. That being said if you're messed up in the head enough to blame your twisted outlook on humanity on a video game? Then you're already lost. If there was no such thing as violent games? It'd be Catcher in the Rye or Joadie Foster messed up people are messed up. That doesn't mean you can discount the desensitizing effect this game can have on a young mind. This game is rated M. It earns it more so than any other game I've ever played.
  59. Sep 19, 2013
    The city is top notch. Captures L.A. perfectly without being too exact. I was driving through Rockford Hills and it felt just like Beverly Hills in real life where I have visited a few times. I go into places that I figure the game designers wouldn't expect me to go to see if they detail everything in the world and they do. The storyline is seamless and interesting. The missions are funThe city is top notch. Captures L.A. perfectly without being too exact. I was driving through Rockford Hills and it felt just like Beverly Hills in real life where I have visited a few times. I go into places that I figure the game designers wouldn't expect me to go to see if they detail everything in the world and they do. The storyline is seamless and interesting. The missions are fun and rewarding. The cars drive a bit more arcade like then the last GTA and I think that is a bad thing. I appreciate realism even if it more challenging. Some may like it. The PS3 has a hard time rendering everything smoothly all the time. You can tell this game is doing everything it can with the aging PS3's hardware. PC port may fix that for high end machines. I will probably purchase the PC port as well the game is so fun. Switching between characters is a really interesting addition. When I go from one to the other, the character I switch to is in the middle of something I didn't have him do. It makes the city and the characters feel more alive. I am having a blast with this game and the only reason I didn't give it a perfect 10 was because of the frame rate and rendering issues and the cars driving too arcade like now. Expand
  60. Oct 7, 2013
    I want to give this game a 10, I really do, but with the complete and utter failure that is this online launch I simply cannot in good conscious give it a high rating. I wouldn't have bought this game if it weren't for the online, and after losing my character 3 times and finally finishing the 4th tutorial, I now can't connect to my friend's games, until rockstar fixes their completelyI want to give this game a 10, I really do, but with the complete and utter failure that is this online launch I simply cannot in good conscious give it a high rating. I wouldn't have bought this game if it weren't for the online, and after losing my character 3 times and finally finishing the 4th tutorial, I now can't connect to my friend's games, until rockstar fixes their completely unfinished product, I need to leave my score for this game here, because this game is half online, and that half is a 0. Once it gets fixed, at all, the game becomes an instant 10 Expand
  61. Dec 19, 2013
    I'M SICK OF YOUR ROCKSTAR!

I'M SICK OF YOUR ROCKSTAR!

Not only did they decide that releasing this for PC would have been a stupid idea (I'm not considering this in my score however as this is a review for the console version) but then they told us that we would have to wait to play GTA Online and when it was released it was a buggy pile of crap that barely anyone could play. A much hyped feature of GTA Online, heists weren't even released with GTA Online...

OK now on to the game which has some lag issues (Not too often or game breaking thankfully) as Rockstar decided to release this for current gen instead of you know... a next gen console like PC hint hint. And skills don't seem to have much of an effect on the characters at all, not to mention the stealth skill is pretty much completely useless as no missions allow for it and even if they did, you can't drag bodies because that just isn't important at all with stealth and the single-player heists offer you the bare minimum choice usually giving you the option to choose one guy to go with you and he will improve his skills but that won't matter because you'll never be able to use him again.

The water is fantastic and the huge map is cool but I can't help but feel it could have been put to more use. This game is nowhere near as good as the hype would have you believe but it is still a great game nonetheless.
  62. Oct 7, 2013
    2 years waiting for this game, incredeble results, rockstar impressed me so much in this game, it just diserves a goty, why give a goty to a feeling game intead of this one?
  63. Dec 8, 2013
    One star for good but not great single player,actually missions in single player are based on 3-4 big heists, so story isnt great.
    But the worst pain is multiplayer.I just remind problem in multiplayers
    1.Loading times(sometimes loading taking more then missions or races) 2.After mission when players choose free roam, they go to separate server(so annoying when u play with frends)
    But the worst pain is multiplayer.I just remind problem in multiplayers
    1.Loading times(sometimes loading taking more then missions or races)
    3.Cant reply npc missions (u must go to free roam call npc wait form message, go to lobby loading loading etc, nightmare)
    4.Very small amonut of payouts in cash and rp after missions,deatchmatches, races (after patch 1.06)
    Rockstart wants ur real money, that u buy cash for real money, and ironicly they named it BALANCE
    5. No more boosting. So if u r trophy hunter u must spend a lots of hours to get 100 lvl so annoying, that boosting it shouldnt be a problem for nobody, if u wanna boost u boost and quit game, if wanna get fun u get fun.
    6.Wasting money too fast (cash cards again)Everythings is too expenisve, sticky bombs over 500 dollars, when u get 500 for 2 minutes racing plus 3 minutes loading, Dying cost 200 but even if u r in passive mode they cant easly kill u with cars etc

this is only 6 annoying problems not all of them
    THis game is over rated, its created for stole money from ur pocket,DLC is useless, every patch is not fixing but makeing game worst and worst, apartments are empty and useless
    Just compare Red Dead Redemption multiplayer to GTA 5 Online, u will see which game is better
  64. Sep 19, 2013
    I am not kidding when I say that GTA V is the best GTA game ever. It's essentially San Andreas with prettier graphics, awesome heists, and 3 lead characters.
    I wont even say anything else you need to experience GTA V for yourself.
  65. Sep 25, 2013
    I feel I have to write this review for this game because how great it is and to help combat the "Haters" on here. I haven't felt this way about a video game in a long time. The one where you're reaching the end of the game but you don't want it to end. Red Dead Redemption did this. Far Cry 3 did this. And now GTA 5.

The people complaining about graphics are PC-Fanboys who are upset that

The people complaining about graphics are PC-Fanboys who are upset that they don't have it on PC. They were either forced to buy it on their console, or saw it up a friends house. The graphics are great and one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. A much bigger step from GTA 4 so there's nothing to complain about there, but since when did graphics was all that mattered in a video game? You can't just look at a game and because it would look a little better on a high-end PC go and give that game a 0.

Also, some people who give this game a zero literally have merely experienced an hour of it at a friends house or observed them playing it. A lot of the people who give this game a 0, give other high-quality games a 0 too. Look at their profiles. These people are trolls.

Never have I played a game of this scope and detail. Never have I played a game this addicting. If I could, I'd give it an 11 out of 10.
  66. Sep 25, 2013
    One of best games of this year so far. GTA is back and better than ever. From a great story, to many side missions, and fun activities, and a huge city to explore, this game has almost everything. You'll be putting a lot of hours into this game is you really enjoy it like I have.
  67. Sep 21, 2013
    Well....That's what I call perfection.Grand Theft Auto 5 gives us a big map to explore Mini games that actually look like full games Great Graphics Action driving its Realistic It has a Great storyline with Great Characters who have different and interesting personalities and of course countless hours of fun.
    I can't really find anything wrong in this game.

10/10 and deserves it.
  68. Sep 23, 2013
    As someone who has been playing Grand Theft Auto since GTA I on the Playstation 1 back in the day, it's hard to see GTA V as anything but another formulaic sandbox game fresh off the assembly line from rockstar games. As someone who has played every grand theft auto game except for the London expansion packs it is quite clear that every entry post Grand Theft Auto 3 is essentially theAs someone who has been playing Grand Theft Auto since GTA I on the Playstation 1 back in the day, it's hard to see GTA V as anything but another formulaic sandbox game fresh off the assembly line from rockstar games. As someone who has played every grand theft auto game except for the London expansion packs it is quite clear that every entry post Grand Theft Auto 3 is essentially the exact same game. You run, gun and carry out generic formulaic missions. Grand Theft Auto is nothing but a generic and formulaic series now. With all that said I feel that even though Grand Theft Auto V doesn't offer much to the series, it is still the best entry since Grand Theft Auto 3. This game is what GTAIV should have been. The voice acting and characters are excellent. Los Santos is the most alive a city has been in a sandbox video game. Unlike GTA IV where everything felt like a cardboard toy town, slightly empty and lacking in depth, GTA V Los Santos feels alive and bustling. The ambient sound work is excellent and helps to truly give a feeling of populous and activity. I will continue playing this game for the side missions and exploration but I can't help but be bored to death of this series. Expand
  69. Sep 24, 2013
    you can immediately tell that it's the most expensive game ever produced. the details are amazing and realistic and oh it's a cartoon-like satire- can't imagine what next gen will be like once it gets going, but this game was delicious
  70. Oct 7, 2013
    Best game of the year by far, this game is truly what a next gen game should be, probably few next gen games will be as good as this current gen game though, as the attention to detail in this game is phenomenal, and the game play which casts you in the role of three amazingly driven characters, has never been better! The mechanics of the game has taken the best of all the rockstarBest game of the year by far, this game is truly what a next gen game should be, probably few next gen games will be as good as this current gen game though, as the attention to detail in this game is phenomenal, and the game play which casts you in the role of three amazingly driven characters, has never been better! The mechanics of the game has taken the best of all the rockstar franchises. I could spend time praising the games radio alone as every part of the game is phenomenal. If you did not like GTA before this may not be or game, as they have changed up alot and made the game a lot more accessible and entertaining, but it still is at its core GTA. Expand
  71. Oct 8, 2013
    Definitely one of the best games this generation.
    My SP experience is flawless, but there where problems with the Online portion which is totally understandable seeing that 13+ million people bought the game.
    Overall this game is a blast and must own!
  72. Nov 9, 2013
    Its a decent game. Fun to play, but it could be better. The graphics are exceptional, but I feel the game play is not. It's much like liberty cities, with a few new features. I think you should be able to rob and go in any store. Make friends and actual conversation with strangers. Search the web. Turn only lights on in police cruisers. Vehicles still vanish. Very fast. Nothing isIts a decent game. Fun to play, but it could be better. The graphics are exceptional, but I feel the game play is not. It's much like liberty cities, with a few new features. I think you should be able to rob and go in any store. Make friends and actual conversation with strangers. Search the web. Turn only lights on in police cruisers. Vehicles still vanish. Very fast. Nothing is interactable on the map. People are always towing empty boat trailers The police should have more vehicles. The map should be bigger. There should be more vendors. Cops aren't patroling or have any one pulled over. Vehicles such as trucks and commercial vehicles should be more up grade-able. You should be able to put flashing lights on any vehicle. Multi-player sucks. These are just a few that are off the top of my head. I thought for the time spent developing this game and all of the hype, it would have been much better than what it is. Overall, I'd give it a 5 out of 10. Much like all of the big name games in the industry, its just a newer version of previous games with a few new toys.. Expand
  73. Nov 15, 2013
    everything about this game is better than its predecessors. the fact they pulled of a 8gb map that has no pause for loading any section as its all loaded real time was magical. everything is smooth, looks great, runs great, loves the single player campaign, but the only reason i gave this an 8 is because of the online. if they had said, look, online is going to be a beta experience. ieverything about this game is better than its predecessors. the fact they pulled of a 8gb map that has no pause for loading any section as its all loaded real time was magical. everything is smooth, looks great, runs great, loves the single player campaign, but the only reason i gave this an 8 is because of the online. if they had said, look, online is going to be a beta experience. i would have been ok and accepted that.instead they told us nothing and we were given something less than to be desired. the online is quite bad, so bad, I stopped playing GTA V. It has horrible systems in place for all currency, and missions barley pay you enough to cover the bullets you have to buy to either defend yourself, or complete the missions. people cant rob each other like I was expecting, and if you destroy other peoples rides you get bad sportsmanship crap and they send you to another lobby. All in all they did a great job in single player BUT multi-player KILLED the game for me, I'm still waiting for the 500K they promised us all for the horrible excuse that online is. Expand
  74. Nov 18, 2013
    Lets start with the single player, the city of los santos is nice and big and fun to explore,but after 3 hours of game time you are done with the entire map there is just nothing more to do for you. And then the missions, it is just awful to play the exact same missions over and over again, you basically just spend 99% of your time driving to your target, then shooting someone (plus 50Lets start with the single player, the city of los santos is nice and big and fun to explore,but after 3 hours of game time you are done with the entire map there is just nothing more to do for you. And then the missions, it is just awful to play the exact same missions over and over again, you basically just spend 99% of your time driving to your target, then shooting someone (plus 50 other random dudes), then driving home again and watch a boring cut scene.
    About the multiplayer ...you spend decades to get on to a server and the you get bugs, not loading textures and random server crashes all in all not worth 50 bucks, no even 30
  75. Dec 13, 2013
    Yes, I'm rating it negative. This is both the most entertaining game I've played (story mode) and the most frustrating. It is at the same time technically the best and the worst, a real pity. Bugs (in story mode) and a bad development of the networking (in online mode) totally ruin the experience. I can't complete the game in story mode, because after the main mission ending, the sideYes, I'm rating it negative. This is both the most entertaining game I've played (story mode) and the most frustrating. It is at the same time technically the best and the worst, a real pity. Bugs (in story mode) and a bad development of the networking (in online mode) totally ruin the experience. I can't complete the game in story mode, because after the main mission ending, the side events disappear from the game. I can't enjoy the online mode, because you pass 80% of your time locating gaming sessions! you can just play alone in a solo session. Very, very bad. Expand
  76. Dec 14, 2013
    As always, rockstar has released an excellent open-world adventure. The driving has improved brilliantly over IV, the map is the largest ever in the series(bigger than all others combined!) and the story line is enthralling. It's nice to see they've finally gone about fixing that annoying random cell phone calls from your buddies. Indeed, You'll never hear, "Hey Niko, wanna go bowling?"As always, rockstar has released an excellent open-world adventure. The driving has improved brilliantly over IV, the map is the largest ever in the series(bigger than all others combined!) and the story line is enthralling. It's nice to see they've finally gone about fixing that annoying random cell phone calls from your buddies. Indeed, You'll never hear, "Hey Niko, wanna go bowling?" in this series, ever. There are several disappointments, however. I'll break it down for you;

My first qualm is with the map. Although it's big(Huge, infact.) the problem is that it lacks the ability to interact with the environment to any real extent. i'd say 98% or more of the buildings are unenterable shells. that's not much of a change from the other series, but i'd have been willing to sacrifice large sections of this huge world just to be able to enter a casino, break into someones home etc.

My second qualm is in regards to the heists. Yes, those heists that we were promised. They're awesome, and fun. The problem is, you only get to experience them in the storyline and never again. The great thing about GTA that has made it stand out was it's open and interactive world. I think that is where the developers went wrong this time, they focused on size and less on interaction and depth. The other problem with no-heists-after-the-story-line is that after that, making money is hard as hell. Considering the sheer depth of new things to spend your money on besides guns(such as customization), you don't have enough opportunities to earn serious cash to fund your extravagant lifestyle after the several heists on the storyline.

My third qualm is in regards to the stock market, i still haven't fully figured out how to use the thing and it wasn't fully explained to me at any point in the game.

My fourth issue is the three character system. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, entertaining and new. But i'd rather have one character i could customize. Maybe buy a house for him, his cars and so on. But having to buy new things for all three characters, such as ammunition and guns etc was seriously irritating to me after the storyline was over.

My last qualm is that they abandoned San Andreas humor and adventure, in my opinion, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, for it's time, was a better game than GTA V. It had more to do, it was more entertaining and memorable for me, considering the limitations they had at the time. GTA San Andreas is still the high water mark in the GTA series, and they should look back at it before considering GTA 6.

Oh, one more, really minor thing. They should have waited several months or a year and just released it on PS4 and Xbone. They could have upgraded all the graphics, etc. It's obvious that the current generation of consoles struggles to bring this great vast expanse of a game to life and it would have been much better on PS4 than PS3.
  77. Dec 22, 2013
    I've been a fan of the GTA series since III, but this has to be the best one of them, this is the first one I have beaten. If I were to say one flaw with it, it would be multiplayer, they promised so much but cut short, but who knows, they're still releasing patches for it and maybe those big heists are coming soon.
  78. May 9, 2014
    Worst Grand Theft Auto game in a long time! There's nothing new to it. The map is way too small. The characters are basically more mainstream versions of the great characters of the previous games. Don't buy it, at least before it comes on the PC!
  79. Sep 17, 2013
    Not sure why this has a low userscore, must be SR or old GTA trolls but this game is THE best open world game out there. Its like SA on massive roids, so much more than a hd remake. 10/10 One small note is that gta online isnt out yet so its a shame we have to wait 2 weeks for that but its going to be awesome i am sure. PS3 version is flawless not one bug and runs 30fps+ 720p native whichNot sure why this has a low userscore, must be SR or old GTA trolls but this game is THE best open world game out there. Its like SA on massive roids, so much more than a hd remake. 10/10 One small note is that gta online isnt out yet so its a shame we have to wait 2 weeks for that but its going to be awesome i am sure. PS3 version is flawless not one bug and runs 30fps+ 720p native which is VERY good for a gta game on any platform.

ifruit app is a bit dodgy but its early days and considering how smooth the retail launch was i have to say this is one of the most awesome launches ever
  80. Oct 8, 2013
    I just cant find any incredible things in GTA V despite of its highly anticipated game, i dont think this should be the game of the year (for me), i dont say that i waste 60 bucks with this games, im just not happy on what changes i saw on this latest gta series, it is still boring eversince, i am only happy at the graphics that i dont think old hag console can handle HDR lighting butI just cant find any incredible things in GTA V despite of its highly anticipated game, i dont think this should be the game of the year (for me), i dont say that i waste 60 bucks with this games, im just not happy on what changes i saw on this latest gta series, it is still boring eversince, i am only happy at the graphics that i dont think old hag console can handle HDR lighting but anyway rockstar made another job well done Expand
  81. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rethinking my opinion of Grand Theft Auto 5 now that it's been two weeks since i've beaten it and thought about the game/storyline. First off will be the negatives. Gameplay is very rough, such as the terrible input lag during aiming that's somehow worse than GTA4's. Cover play is just as clunky and looking at the AI during combat, i see it's not that different either. Repetitive side activities such as golf, jobs or others aren't that fun and feel like a grind for stat raising. Graphics look only slightly different than GTA4, there's just no murky screen filter anymore.
    There are 3 different endings that you chose. It's literally press A, B or C on your phone when the choice comes along. Ending A and B are both pointless when C is a huge Deus Ex Machina that makes the whole point of half the storyline invalid to create a super cheesy happy ending. The humor of the game is completely juvenile thats over the top in use, and dialogue is very bland and at points annoying. (I know GTA is known for this, but it's so obvious and crudely done now.) This includes most of the storyline speech as well.
    The Map is huge, most likely 4x the size of Liberty City in GTA4, but there's a catch. All of this huge countryside that takes up half of the map is covered with trees and practically nothing to do, save a handful of badly written boring side activities. (Collect 20 of these, 30 of these, 50 of these, etc.) Vehicle control is the best it's been in the series, but then there's magically flipping your car now with the left stick and still being able to drive into a brick wall going 90 mph almost unscaved.
    Each character in the game has little to no likable traits. Trevor is a Psychopathic who breaks the laws of physics too open, and can't stop threatening others or bringing up a previous event all the way to the end annoyingly. Michael being the only slightly interesting character, but his dysfunctional family is completely overdone in satire and have some of the cheesiest moments of the game. And finally Franklin, who is basically a CJ clone when it comes to his goals, which is the typical 'get out of the ghetto into serious crimes' approach many black characters are sadly written into with GTA games. Any connection these characters feel to each other matters none in the end and at times seems completely non-existent.
    Now to look at the positives. The 3 character approach is fresh in GTA, and gives players more accustomed to squad play something similar to work with. Customization for almost everything is stepped up in GTA5, this includes cars, clothes, hair, tattoos, weapons and more. This adds a little more immersion and personalization to the game. The murky color filter from 4 is gone thankfully as stated at the beginning. Slightly better face models for characters and view distance being sort of better nice touches. Sounds in this GTA are a step above previous titles, immersing you much more.
    The heist system is very approachable, and a few of the predetermined story missions are interesting and fun. Design of the whole map is great, even if left contentless mostly. Statistics similar to that of GTA:SA are back and characters also have a unique special ability to give them an edge. Property ownership is back in GTA5, similar to that of Vice City Stories, allowing players to rake in currency to spend on the massive amount of purchases ready.
    This review was written after 40 hours of playtime and all single player content was completed. I have no urge to play the infamous multiplayer or to replay the story again.
  82. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA 5 is fantastic. It's well made, well written, looks great, and the huge world is a lot of fun to explore.

My main gripe is that it is completely derivative, lacking any innovation whatsoever. While switching between three characters is a great idea (and done well), the basic mechanics of the game are pretty much the same as every other sandbox title. As such, it feels like re-playing the same game, just with different missions.

Perhaps ironic then that such a "controversial" game has played it so safe.
  83. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well thank god I DIDN'T buy into the hype. This game even not all hyped up failed to meet expectations. The 3 characters Trevor especially was WAY beyond over the top and just stupid and irritating. The Soundtrack don't even get me started talk about pure GARBAGE worse soundtrack yet. Trevor kills of Jonny from The Lost expansion in the first 20 seconds of first seeing Trevor that's some BS Jonny would trash him. The Heist were a HUGE let down there is all of what 4 MAYBE 5 that you get to plan and that's IT?! The mission are fun and the game is beautiful and fun but NOT even remotely worth game of the year I don't care about sale those mean nothing other then people buying into mass hype. Bioshock Infinite and Splinter cell blacklist are FAR more fun in my opinion and id get them over GTA 5. I will say that online hant been release YET BUT if it is ANYTHING like GTA 4 online it will just morph into a damn mass kill fest and get incrediably old very fast. To me this felt like a glorified GTA 4 with a GARBAGE sound track bad driving physicis and glitchy garages (car saves) and 3 main characters that I couldn't ever follow or ever connect with because I couldn't even lable them as anti-heros or protagonists that are all just complete scum.

These are just MY OPINIONS don't get all butt hurt and offended because I DIDN'T like the "best game of 2013"

END RANT.
  84. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is good but not great and the online sucks gameplay is stale story is soso I played 3 games this year that were better and the ending lol why have multiple endings the choices at the end do not fit Franks character
  85. Oct 6, 2013
    Con la cabeza fria, y despues de pasarmelo muy bien jugando al juego, veo realmente claroscuros en esta entrega. Unos graficos muy buenos( no así lo que se prometia), un mapa no tan grande como se decia, una duracion extremadamente corta, misiones faciles de correveidile.......porque el juego es facil con ganas, 5 golpes tiene el juego de los cuales solo 3 son importantes y se nota enCon la cabeza fria, y despues de pasarmelo muy bien jugando al juego, veo realmente claroscuros en esta entrega. Unos graficos muy buenos( no así lo que se prometia), un mapa no tan grande como se decia, una duracion extremadamente corta, misiones faciles de correveidile.......porque el juego es facil con ganas, 5 golpes tiene el juego de los cuales solo 3 son importantes y se nota en demasía la capada al offline para agrandar su nuevo producto: GTA Online, y es que en eso se a convertido GTAV, en 2 juegos, dejando la parte offline muy tocada. Un juego que se pasa todo el mundo que se vicia en una semana, eso es GTA V, ya no es ese juego que dura meses y meses...........o sí, si pasas por el aro de tenerte que contentar con que¡ es que el online esta muy guapo!. Muy triste, un paso atras. Expand
  86. Oct 3, 2013
    Well i wont be bragging recklessly for GTA V like the most of the fans are doing actually,i'll be honest.GTA V is a good game with massive map and tons of activities but it quickly gets boring after a while.I dont know why but it really bored me to death after playing through a repititive storyline jobs like go there,drive to that,kill that,,blah blah and once trevor appeared i literallyWell i wont be bragging recklessly for GTA V like the most of the fans are doing actually,i'll be honest.GTA V is a good game with massive map and tons of activities but it quickly gets boring after a while.I dont know why but it really bored me to death after playing through a repititive storyline jobs like go there,drive to that,kill that,,blah blah and once trevor appeared i literally turned off the game.Personally i am a huge fan of R* games and even now obsessed with the excellent titles like Red dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 and they never get boring.The driving in GTA V feels lame and playing as a Psychopath Trevor killing people for no reason was a real pain in the bu**.GTA V may have earned U.S $1 bn in 3 days but its no different than GTA IV in a sense that it quickly becomes boring Expand
  87. Oct 6, 2013
    Anyone who has played Dead Space 2 may remember a certain set piece which left Isaac suspended upside down. The player then had to fend off a bunch of attacking necromorphs with inverted controls. Earlier this year The Last of Us copied that very sequence and now Grand Theft Auto V lives up to it's name by ripping it off again. Copying shooting sections from DS 2 is a very bad idea for GTAAnyone who has played Dead Space 2 may remember a certain set piece which left Isaac suspended upside down. The player then had to fend off a bunch of attacking necromorphs with inverted controls. Earlier this year The Last of Us copied that very sequence and now Grand Theft Auto V lives up to it's name by ripping it off again. Copying shooting sections from DS 2 is a very bad idea for GTA V because GTA V has far weaker shooting mechanics.

It's not just Dead Space though suddenly I'm seeing elements I've seen before in Call of Duty and Uncharted. In terms of mission design Rockstar have played it safe here to the obvious delight of the mainstream gaming media who appear to have had their 10/10 reviews ready to go to print before the first prostitute had been whacked.

Grand Theft Auto V is not a true sequel. In reality it's Grand Theft Auto 4: San Andreas. The driving and shooting has been tweaked to make cornering and aiming easier but you can tell it's the same game engine underneath. The jokes are the same too. Republican Space Rangers, Cluckin Bell, e-Cola, to GTA veterans like myself it just feels a bit too familiar and not as funny this time round.

Did I mention there's a few cutscenes? There is, occasionally some gameplay breaks out. The script is terrible. It's mostly shouting, swearing, moaning and arguing with hardly any comedy at all. And there's so much of it and it's so constant it wears you out. With the focus very much on the three hateful characters you play as, the satire of GTA's past is pushed into the background with just one radio talk show.

The game is full of half baked ideas. 'Stealth mode', suddenly GTA needs a stealth mode. Activating stealth mode see's your character creep around slowly like an 90 year old with a dodgy hip. Yoga could have been a rhythm action score attack mini-game instead you just press the buttons your told to pointlessly. Car mods and weapon upgrades again feel underdeveloped. Races aren't real races, rubber band AI stops you pulling away or getting left behind. Just don't crash and you cross the finish line first. Golf and tennis are to easy. Even getting a lap dance see's your chat up lines run out and repeat well before you've finished wooing the stripper making it a chore.

Triathlons are the worst. Running swimming and cycling all require the same input of pressing up on the left stick and hammering the X button. It doesn't matter how fast you press either you will run at the same speed. You will overtake and be overtaken randomly by your AI opponents to give the illusion you are in a real race. Your not though just keep going, you will win. One of the triathlons lasted 28 minutes and busted my hand up pretty good so thanks for that.

I can't say GTA V is a bad game. There was a brief spell during the middle when the map was still half blocked out and the other half was bustling with activity that I felt I was enjoying it. It's not broken, it's competent and above all else it's boring. It feels slow and clunky compared to other open world games which have now surpassed it. You can't really blame Rockstar for playing it safe though, they had a lot of money riding on this and they knew that more of the same would get the job done.
  88. Oct 19, 2013
    It's a good game in every aspect except for the story.
    There's no catchy story, you just are sent somewhere to kill someone, then steal something in order to robe a bank, or assault a car.
    I feel a little bit disappointed now, because the game was getting almost perfect reviews everywhere and I think there are a lot of better games around.
  89. Sep 29, 2013
    It's huge, detailed and beautiful. Excellent game before we step up to the next generation. The best GTA so far. There is so much to do in this game; long story mode, side missions, exploring, different activities like golf, driving, tennis and parachuting... Excellent pacing and great variety in the storyline. Improved and fun gameplay. Many radio stations to listen and other great music.It's huge, detailed and beautiful. Excellent game before we step up to the next generation. The best GTA so far. There is so much to do in this game; long story mode, side missions, exploring, different activities like golf, driving, tennis and parachuting... Excellent pacing and great variety in the storyline. Improved and fun gameplay. Many radio stations to listen and other great music. This is the best sandbox game out there! Expand
  90. Oct 7, 2013
    I love this game. Perfect blend of open-world action-adventure and darkly comic social commentary. The three main protagonists were flawed but likable. Driving and shooting mechanics are flawless, and the stock market trading features are interesting. I've played my first playthrough in about 2-3 game days, but the checkpoint system is near-perfect. Lots of side quests, interestingI love this game. Perfect blend of open-world action-adventure and darkly comic social commentary. The three main protagonists were flawed but likable. Driving and shooting mechanics are flawless, and the stock market trading features are interesting. I've played my first playthrough in about 2-3 game days, but the checkpoint system is near-perfect. Lots of side quests, interesting characters and a story that is gripping and gritty with a touch of humor. I suggest you watch TV in your safehouses, especially the cartoons and commercials; they're a laugh riot! Recommended for someone new to the GTA franchise (like me) as well as veterans. Expand
  91. Oct 5, 2013
    This is really a good game. A lot of people were starting to forget about the current Gen systems. But before you switch, PLAY THIS GAME. It's awesome.
  92. Oct 28, 2013
    This game is sick and not in a good way, the way it shows life is a sick and twisted look at the scum of the earth. Noone should play this trash and it should be pulled off the shelf and burned, who puts a torture section in a game then what sick person pays money to play it. There is nothing worth your time here in this sick sick waste of time and money.
  93. Sep 21, 2013
    So far people hate the realism in GTA 4 well play GTA V when get to Trevor it feels more like old GTA, plus this world his huge compare to Liberty city. My only problem is the frame rate its stays at 30fps some times but it goes down to 24fps. This is the PS3 version. It looks awesome and make sure the put the brightness up to give it a better glare when your fighting on mid day. This isSo far people hate the realism in GTA 4 well play GTA V when get to Trevor it feels more like old GTA, plus this world his huge compare to Liberty city. My only problem is the frame rate its stays at 30fps some times but it goes down to 24fps. This is the PS3 version. It looks awesome and make sure the put the brightness up to give it a better glare when your fighting on mid day. This is my Game of the year.. Much better then GTA 4. i got trapped in the world these past 4 days not even wanting to do the main missions so that is awesome Expand
  94. Sep 29, 2013
    Great game... a "must have".
    You allways have something to do in this game, the scores are great.
    Having several playable characters is very funny, specially when you change and the new character is in a funny situation.
  95. Sep 20, 2013
    I've been putting off making a review until I beat the game. It took around 40 hours to beat the game and I had fun at every moment. Grand Theft Auto 5 breathes new life into the Grand Theft Auto series. After Grand Theft Auto 4, I thought that Rockstar wasn't going to release a game that could beat San Andreas. I was very wrong.

From the heists to the Strangers and Freaks missions,

From the heists to the Strangers and Freaks missions, there are over 100 missions and activities to keep you occupied for well over 40 hours. Most likely more once Online launches. There were few faults that I could find with the game. Still, the main fault I had was enough for me to deduct 1 point from the score. When you redo heists, you do not gain extra money. This makes an interesting concept(Being able to replay missions) fall short of being perfectly executed. It wouldn't be much of an issue if you could do generic bank robbery jobs but the only other cash you can get is a few thousand dollars from sticking up gas stations or robbing people; both of which are time consuming and tedious after a while.

The lack of generic bank jobs that you can execute whenever you feel like it makes the game fall a little short. Other than that, I have no complaints with the game.
  96. Sep 22, 2013
    I can't believe this game has a user rating below 8.5, it deserves much higher. Let me say this first, GTA V is one of the best games of this generation and deserves all the 10/10 reviews that it has been getting. Now everyone has been complaining about the graphics but honestly I think they are fine, yes there are muddy textures but the draw distances are impressive to say the least.I can't believe this game has a user rating below 8.5, it deserves much higher. Let me say this first, GTA V is one of the best games of this generation and deserves all the 10/10 reviews that it has been getting. Now everyone has been complaining about the graphics but honestly I think they are fine, yes there are muddy textures but the draw distances are impressive to say the least. Also, some of the vistas you can get are simply beautiful, especially involving water and sunlight.

The story is long, well written and full of varied and fun missions, you will never get bored of the same mission being repeated over and over again, a common trap of most open world games. The shooting feels great, cars drive much better now and the map of Los Santos is enormous, a huge dense city and a vast countryside full of huge mountains to drive up in sweet cars and enjoy the magnificent view from atop. There are tons of side missions, properties to buy, vebicles to drive and fly, activities and sports and races to partake in and collectibles to find. Heck even button cheats are back. This is a GTA game through and through. You can literally do anything and Rockstar have pulled out all the stocks, if you are giving this game below an 8/10 you simply have not played it, end of story. Overall, just go out and buy GTA V, so many fun things to do and stunning vistas to enjoy and you will not regret it, brilliant game.
  97. Sep 23, 2013
    If their was one word to describe this game it would be a masterpiece. First off the story is good and the levels are different and refreshing (except for the 1st couple of hours where not much action takes place.) Unlike GTA 4 where it was do a drug deal, get over, then escape. Switching between characters in game is fast and a great new addition. The gameplay is very good even though itIf their was one word to describe this game it would be a masterpiece. First off the story is good and the levels are different and refreshing (except for the 1st couple of hours where not much action takes place.) Unlike GTA 4 where it was do a drug deal, get over, then escape. Switching between characters in game is fast and a great new addition. The gameplay is very good even though it does kind of get annoying when your screen flashes for a split second every time you kill someone. And the 3 characters are likeable even though hearing or n***** in almost every sentence does get tedious after a while its not bad enough to take away form the experience. It is one of the greatest games EVER. Expand
  98. Oct 8, 2013
    This game along with The Last of Us are the games of the year. There's nothing you can't do in this game, it's just so much fun. And it will be hard for you to finish it soon because there are SO many things to do that you just get side tracked. If you haven't bought it yet, there's something deeply wrong with you.
  99. Sep 26, 2013
    GTA V falls just short of Game of The Year but boy is it a contender. The new iteration of Los Santos is absolutely gorgeous with great sun and weather effects and rich environment. GTA V features a city and a desert that feels alive almost all the time. Although some random encounters can get pretty repetitive, the main story is where it's all at. My only gripe about the main story is theGTA V falls just short of Game of The Year but boy is it a contender. The new iteration of Los Santos is absolutely gorgeous with great sun and weather effects and rich environment. GTA V features a city and a desert that feels alive almost all the time. Although some random encounters can get pretty repetitive, the main story is where it's all at. My only gripe about the main story is the minimal amount of heists in which you undertake. I was hoping for more from Rockstar considering they hyped it up to be a major heist game but I guess that is where GTA Online comes in. Expand
  100. Sep 26, 2013
    The best GTA?

Why? Beautiful detailed graphics. Huge scale diverse map (including mountains and ocean floors) Countless activities to take part in. Three very different playable characters and ability to switch between at almost any time. More user friendly driving (better handling) Police are relentless! Tonnes of different vehicles from tractors to sports cars to aircraft and
    The best GTA?

Why?
    Beautiful detailed graphics.
    Huge scale diverse map (including mountains and ocean floors)
    Countless activities to take part in.
    More user friendly driving (better handling)
    Police are relentless!
    Tonnes of different vehicles from tractors to sports cars to aircraft and boats
    Weapon, car and character customisation
    and GTA online hasn't began yet...

I wouldn't usually give a game 10 but there is just so much high quality entertainment in this game.
  101. Sep 24, 2013
    The Way you switch between characters during missions is awesome as hell!
    Gun play is sort of like Red Dead Redemption meet GTA San Andreas.
    Entertaining to say the least of this game.

1. Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]