8.2

1. Mar 29, 2014
    This game is great... for about a month. Sure, jumping out of airplanes and stealing fancy cars is fun, but it gets old after a while. The story was amazing, but after you finish it, the game loses all of it's challenges. I found most of the side missions to be quite boring as well. I bought this game the day it was released and I have to say that I was expecting more. GTA online is okay, but it could have been done better. I just wish this game was like San Andreas or GTA 4. I definitely recommend it though. Expand
  2. Apr 9, 2014
    After you finish the extremely short campaign, you're stuck with the very boring grind multiplayer where the game expects you to pay real money for the in game money. This game was a big let down to me, but it's not a horrible game. If you can find it somewhere for around 30 dollars, I'd say it's worth that.
  3. Jun 1, 2014
    Now im not trying to be an **** on this site, but let me give you the experience of a guy that wasn´t overhyping/overrating things here.
    GTA is a really great game.. After 1 month, it isn´t anymore. The story didn´t feel like anything special though, but i must say that the characters in this game has a really interesting experience. GTA Wouldn´t have got a so big score, if it wasn´t
    because it was so extremely popular as it is. The series are legend, the games are always not extremely disappointing us, but giving it 90, 90, 100, 95, 95, 100.. ETC. is really making me thinking "You´re kidding me." And why do i think like this? Because it´s like Justin Bieber, girls are **** crazy with him, some don´t care about he´s music, they care about HIM. He can be an **** but still some people loves him, like many girls do, but the boys are just hating on him most of the time. Think about what i mean. Now to be honest, when i first played this game, i was seriously pissing my pants, even starting my Xbox 360 got me to think "Holy **** I´m going to play this game!" (i was borrowing it on the library), and i must say, that the Design, and Technology in this game was incredibly good balanced, even though that the PS3, and X360 Couldn´t even run this game, but that one little thing that probably pissed me most off, was that i WASNT on Next-Gen, it WASNT on PC, and GTA Earned around 1 Billion dollars on this game (so far from now), but you know what? They could´ve **** earned 1.5 Billion dollars if it was on PC, and maybe if we take the next-gen following 1.7 Billion dollars, then they had alot more profit to a new, perfect art of a game. The history feels like: "KILL, STEAL, ROBBERY, **** SHOOOOOT!!", but it doesn´t have that little thing that makes me cry (as i´ve done to alot of ends in some games). I feel too, that this game is not even for kids, or 18+ Years old people, its more for people around 16 Years old. The physics in this game is one thing i like about this game, and the different vehicles you can drive/fly/dive with.

One thing GTA Was about the whoole time in this game, was to make a Realistic, bloody, ****-the-world, kind of game, and i think that GTA Offered alot of details in the entire game, and it was damn fun playing in 1 week, but hey, let me give you an example here: "You´re playing GTA At summer, you just got the game, and you´re that kind of nerd that doesn´t have anything to do at home, so you´re going to nerd this game EVERYDAY in one straight week, and you´ll keep going, but you know what? The game is slowly getting boring, and it feels like the way it´s slowly killing your fun, because you´re beginning to play online now. You dont have any friends to play with, and the game feels a bit more boring time after time."

GTA Online (Stand-Alone review):
    When you start GTA Online, you can make you character, which i think many people love about video games when you´re playing online. The little problem about GTA Online When you´re making a character, is the way it´s getting you to think "Soo... This is how i can make my character? Well.. Ok." Because first of all, it´s almost impossible to make a really ugly character, and it´s too almost impossible to make a character looking cool, and good. The most funny thing is, that you for some reason just NEEDS to looks really damn ugly around the eyes, and if you´re making a girl character, you can´t extend her boobs.

The main online free-roam is **** annoying. People are trying to kill you EVERYTIME they see you, so if you´re trying to be a friendly guy, they´ll just react like they were the biggest ****s of all time. The little problem about GTA Online was they sweared to every single fan, that you could be able to earn mon ey through being shares/companies, but we got completely nothing. The first thing i checked, was all the they promised us, but not many of the things was there. After some time, they told us too we could rob banks like in single-player. But still this day nothing happened. Now i dont want to be evil through the community, but mother of lord, please stop giving children access to these kind of games, even the main director (this is TRUE words) said that people that gave their childs access to Rockstar games were psychopaths.

In GTA V There´s too many bugs too, not the glitches are bad, but the bugs. Rockstar vs GTA Community was like World War II. People are finding more and more to bomb Rockstar with, even money was beginning to be send illegally to each other. The thing i didn´t get about Rockstar, was WHY they´ve maked so many spots in the game, that people got in because of glitching, and bugging, but they didn´t open it to the game? It was like they said "Hehe! Lets get people to glitching through this **** so they can experience the game another way". It was a waste of time making it like that, even through they had ideas with these spots, why not unlock them?

Final Quote: Dont make things you cant handle
  4. Apr 9, 2014
    This is the best game ever created. Rockstar have completely outdone themselves with GTA V the attention to detail with the story mode is exquisite and a stunning idea that you have the choice to change between three exceptionally thought up characters. The story mode includes variety of realistic occurrences within it. Also Rockstar have not stooped there as they have added online mode which allows you to enjoy the experience of Grand Theft Auto V with your friends and others around the world. This game includes anything you could ever want for a game and is definitely the best game I have personally ever played and a highly recommend you purchase this game. Expand
  5. Jun 20, 2014
    This Gta have the best story mode and the best online play of all.Great characters,awesome graphics this is one of the best video game ever.The online play is full off mission cars and others.I highly recommend it.
  6. Jun 13, 2014
    This is by far the best GTA game so far. Playing different characters is enjoyable. Open world, driving, missions, and all the regular demented GTA content, you gotta love it.
  7. Apr 20, 2014
    grand theft auto games get an instant 8 out of 10 just for all the fun you can have from messing around in them, but characters and story of this game are awesome. Trevor, Michael and Franklin are some of my favorite video game characters especially Trevor. the missions are a lot of fun for the most part and I actually wanted to play through the story unlike grand theft auto 4 where I just wanted to cause havoc to the city. there is more than meets the eye with this game that's for sure and is in my opinion the best game in the series. Expand
  8. Apr 28, 2014
    Wow. Just Wow. Rockstar Games continues it's legacy with Grand Theft Auto V. It shows us that Rockstar has not lost it's touch in making incredible games. This is by far the best GTA to date and passes up Red Dead Redemption as Rockstar's best game. I don't even need to get into the story or the gameplay. 10/10. Game of the generation. A must buy.
  9. May 1, 2014
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

There are few things I didn't like about GTA V.
    1. Not being able to enter buildings.
    2. Maybe I liked GTA V more than San Andreas including the map, but they could of added SF LV.
    3. The launch of the online, even though it wasn't as bad as battlefield 4's, they should of seen this coming.

My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
  10. May 27, 2014
    Einfach nur großartig, was R* da abliefert. Detaillierte spielwelt, gute Protagonisten, und einen Umfangreichen Multiplayer, der aber von der Community, ziemlich versaut wird.
  11. Jun 17, 2014
    I`ve played the PS3 version at a friend`s house,which made me want to buy a console just for that game.But,when i heard it comes to the glorious PC,i`ll raise some money for the Collector`s Edition.So,Rockstar North,shut up and take my money.
    P.S.: I wonder why they did not launch the game on the PC last year...Lucky console gamers...
  12. May 12, 2014
    I really did like the story, but I thought the story was way too short. The online was amazing and makes up for the short story easily. You get a lot more customization than Grand Theft Auto 4 offered.
  13. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best series in gaming history and this journey really deserved to be a part of it! I really enjoyed all characters and the activity this game has to offer. 10/10, it really deserved. Peace, dog! :) Expand
  14. May 20, 2014
    after spending what feels like months on this game i can say i really like this game if i could i would have given it 8.5 for a few reasons one the story is a little bit meh i thought there was going to be more heists and a lot of the other missions feel like its just build up to a heist and two im sorry but online is just boring and crap but some positives the heists that do happen are awsome trevor is awsome the driving, view soundtrack and the list goes on so gta v a million times better than 4 its just a little over hyped thats all Expand
  15. May 22, 2014
    SOOO GOOD!!!!! ooohhh ya in need 150 characters so nhgrethrihnbugyvftcdrsxeawzesxcdrgtvbyhnujhbgyftvcdrscftvgybhunbftvcdrftvbgyhunbgyfvtcdrftvg and by
  16. Aug 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This GTA 5 is the best GTA ever!
    That graphic, gameplay, interface....actually EVERYTHING is perfect!
    And of course, that 3 characters is great idea, respect for R*
  17. May 28, 2014
    Let me start off by saying that I don't believe that any game, no matter how good it may be, deserves a 10/10. Every game has its flaws and GTA V is one of them, mainly in it's tri-tiered ending that had many gamers a little disappointed despite the notion that there was an aspect of 'choice' throughout that would dictate where the game would end up. While the endings are not awful, the two non-canon options just seem a little anti climatic after everything you've been through. That being said, GTA V is another home run for Rockstar and fans of the open world game that is celebrating it's fifth entry (depending on how you count) into the series. Complete with x-rated sex and toilet humor that you've come to expect from these games, GTA is ripe with violent sociopaths, humorless women, side splitting social commentary, and just good ol' fashioned chaotic fun. The graphics have been upgraded since its last entry and looks great on both 360 and PS3, with a stunning interpretation of modern day Los Angeles and its surrounding country and marinas. With a myriad of side quests, adventures and activities that will be sure to keep you occupied for hours, GTA always has something to keep coming back to. Multiplayer is a lot of fun as well, and with a handful of friends, buyable properties, vehicles, clothing and free updates every so often, is another sure fire reason to buy this game. Most certainly another tremendous entry into the Rockstar catalogue, if you haven't played it yet I strongly encourage you to go out and buy it immediately. Expand
  18. May 28, 2014
    This game is almost too good. The entire game is just epic. The story was great not as good as the last of us. The shooting felt great , and the driving excellent. Characters are awesome especially Trevor ;). there is almost too much to do and any one who as got 100% completion has played all day every day. side missions are fun and almost as cool as the main story line. online is great i rarely bug and honestly is sometimes more fun then story mode. the best game in along time. Expand
  19. May 29, 2014
    there is no topping a flawless* rockstar game , gta 5 is the most perfect sandbox ever , and a perfect final chapter to the 7th generation of gaming and an intro into the 8th . No words can describe how great the games is , 10/10 !
  20. Jul 2, 2014
    Rockstar's Magnum Opus. GTA 5 is the crowning glory of the PS3 generation, it is the open world game to which all others must be compared. I loved the story, the charaters and the setting. The heist missions are monumental and very well scripted, there are so many jaw-dropping moments in the game there are too many to list. Character-wise, Trevor is probably the best video game character ever created. Michael is the perfect cliche old timer ex-hood who needs to get back in the game and Franklin, the first time ever GTA:SA, CJ I'm looking at you) I've been remotely interested in a character from the ghetto, he's got a soul and a personality which CJ does not. The way the stories intertwine is excellent, the way the chararcter switch works is perfect. Honestly I can't fault this game. I've put in around 115hrs and have 100%'d it. I've tinkered with multiplayer but its not a priority for me, what I did play was alright but I really struggled finding team mates online. As far as a single player game, GTA5 is easily one of the best! 10/10 Expand
  21. May 29, 2014
    The story. The game starts ten years before the present day. Micheal and Trever are two of the three characters in THIS mission. after that its present day and you play as Franklin whose current job is a Repo man. about two missions after the prologue the game gives you total FREEDOM. to run around to kill people. to drive cars! all fun and good GTA style! it slowly introduces the other two main characters Micheal and Trever. its difficult at times. and the checkpoints are amazing! i never got frustrated with dieing over and over. the total time of the story missions alone is...well for me it took around 55+ hours. That's not counting the stunt jumps! the race's! the rampages! and just messing around with cheats! now Ps3 VS Xbox360 the only real difference is Ps3 has slightly better graphics. the voice acting is amazing! the gameplay is amazing! all around it's just fun to play! not that many glitches since recent updates. we need some single player DLC. cause after all the side missions and everything there's only the online portion to play! which is so freaking clunky. it keeps disconnecting! rock* needs to fix this! the game has been out for 6 to 7 months already! its so annoying cause i love the online. but besides the fact. overall this is one of the best games ever!!! Expand
  22. Nov 19, 2014
    As I've played this game a year ago and did the 100% restarted to drive around a bit. And I'm still waiting for this special immersing GTA-experience and can't grasp the hype.
    I'm happy with every gamer who can enjoy GTA V. But what I've missed most is the fun to cruise. In GTA SA; VC and even IV and EfLC I always liked to just drive around and listen to the music. GTA SA K-Rose was best
    radio station ever. Much later I started the missions because I was happy just driving around..
    In GTA V the map feels artificial in a bad sense. Lifeless, anemic, map limited, uninspired, humorless. Sorry, having to say that as I always was an addicted fan. In GTA SA I always had the feeling of an endless journey. IN GTA V the streets are edged by heaps of interfering stuff which hinders a nice game flow: road signs, piles and garbage cans which is very competing in races.
    The controls of cars and bikes where very good in GTA IV: It was great for MP races. GTA V car mechanics are strange. Whenever I want to go left or right the stick is overreacting. Same with bikes where often the bike jumps to the opposite lane.
    Maybe this disappointing game feeling will change while progressing in the story missions I've thought but it didn't happen. And yes, I've really tried to like GTA V. Hopefully the PC Edition will iron out some of the unpleasant issues.
    Most annoying is the sound of the car when collisions happen with the surrounding. I wonder why R* did not fixed that cheap sound until now.
    The characters have nothing to identify with. They lack the human touch. I still dislike all of them.
    What is getting on ones nerves is this endless driving and driving. As soon as you own the villa uphill you always have to drive to the opposite side of the town. Exhausting!
    And sorry, but the map is way too small... It took me 15 minute to drive around the entire map with a bike! Los Santos is small compared to GTA San Andreas. The problem is that you know half of Los Santos already from GTA SA. The car handling is as feared over reactive.
    I miss San Fierro. I miss Las Venturas. Or other cities. Driving faster causing nausea because the resolution is dropping dramatically (PS3). So I'd to stop gaming after an hour. I hope the special GTA feeling will re-appear some day hopefully in fall 2014.
    GTA V is a PC game, consoles are limited always by outdated hardware.
  23. May 31, 2014
    My god, this game is just as boring as it gets. Not to talk about the completely lifeless city full of NPCs that react the same way to everything and have nothing to offer whatsoever, not to talk about the horrible multiplayer and community full of 10 year old kids that yell at you for everything, not to talk about the worst gun mechanics ever, this game is just not to talk, and not to play.
  24. Jul 11, 2014
    Думаю не нужно слов.
    эту игру нельзя пропустить!
    Касательно онлайн режима - он просто шикарен,мало подобных игр.С каждым обновлением игра просто растет на глазах!
    Бесспорно 10 из 10.
  25. Jun 21, 2014
    I wanted to like this game more than I did. The open world setting is excellent, and the characters are well written and actually well thought out. But the story isn't great and Grand Theft Auto V suffers from that. Rockstar has made so many fantastic games with a good story like L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption and even the past GTA games, Vice City had a fantastic story! I wish they would do more of that. Expand
  26. Jun 8, 2014
    Why did I give this game an 9, whilst others give it a 10? Because I did greatly enjoy the game, with a decent story and good writing, combined with a massive open world with a lot of mini-games. However, this game did have it's problems, like all games. Online was a mess at launch, for a while it did not even work, but is playable now. The graphics are good, but the characters kind of draw me out of giving this a ten. While I did like some of the characters, others were a bit bland and static (i.e. Michael's son Jimmy). I was a fan of Grand Theft Auto 4's characters, namely Roman and Niko. Here, there are still good characters, just not as interesting as GTA 4's. Getting past that, and that the uniteresting characters where minor, is the fact that the game is very good. If a okay storyline and decent characters with a few bland characters is enough to keep you interested in open world mayhem with tons of side actvities (hunting, rampage, and more) then by all means purchase this game. My final verdict is exactly what the average critic's verdict is, a 9.7/10. Expand
  27. Jun 12, 2014
    I'll simply start off by saying that GTA5 is the best videogame I have ever played and for a lot of reasons.First I'd like to praise its original implementation of multiple playable characters based gameplay which brilliantly compliments the jaw dropping level design, most of which put to shame the best action sequences in most Hollywood movies these days.From epic set piece shootouts to the over the top action chase sequences and a variety of special missions which I don't want to spoil.Let me also give a huge nod to the heist missions, mixed up in the middle of these regular missions, they come along every now and then and add to the lighting pace of GTA5 with a mission design that is nothing short of epic at its ultimate definition.From setting them up..to finalising the crew and the plan and to the actual execution, everything in these heist missions are extremely fun and all of the missions also play out to the fun character switch mechanic, which is a perfect balance with scripted switches and giving you the ability to switch at your will.Apart from that there's this GTA usual list of very entertaining cut scenes filled with cool dialogues and humor which opens each mission and the missions are also accompanied by catchy original scores which further adds to the immersion.
    For the narrative, I'd once again like to praise the original and mature story of struggle it tells.Michael, Franklin and Trevor are all very engaging and interesting characters and they're perhaps equally supported with a big list of entertaining support cast, a personal favorite of mine being "Nervous Ron" who is the unfortunate right hand of Trevor.All the characters are well voiced as well.
    For graphics GTA5 in quiet an achievement on hardwares that are more than half a dozen years old.The super huge Los Santos is detailed to the level of the insanity, take the water for e.g..The water in Alamo sea is oily black while the water near the shores of industrial area in muddy orange, go to a small pond and it's green while the beaches have a blue colored water.The detail extents to the level where all of these different colored waters make a seamless transaction in the areas where they meet, ride a boat from an industrial area to a beach and see how slowly and seamlessly it changes from orange to blue(yes, R* is that obsessed with detail).The same level of detail extends to a lot of other aspects of the game of course.
    For sound the game has a great list OST and almost each of the tracks picked for the radio is very good and it features something for each taste.
    I can go on for another few paragraphs(quiet frankly, I haven't touched on most other important aspects all all) on why it's it's the best game I've ever played but I think I've highlighted most of the important aspects.
    Even people who have issues should admit that GTA5 has set a new bar for the entire industry and it'll be a real challenge for games to reach such a scale.
  28. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is huge, and you don't just get one story as in the previous games, but you get to follow a total of three different characters and their side stories, the main story/misson has many hours of game-play, and this title is a must have for this generation.
  29. Jun 14, 2014
    It's like the perfect game, huge world to be explored, long and funny campaign, the gameplay is perfect, the voice acting is excellent, and the graphics are impressive even for a last-gen console they are better than any game. I always was a fan of GTA but Grand Theft Auto V is a magnificent game, garanted pre-order for PC/XONE/PS4. Thanks for the attention and sorry for my bad english, hope this review helped you. Expand
  30. Jun 24, 2014
    Probably the only 10 I will ever give to a game. Everything is perfect. The storyline is better than most action movies, the humour is fun, the characters are really well chosen, the city is huge, the graphics are unbelievable for the PS3, you can spend hours on this game just doing anything.

You want to go to that mission using a Titan and parachuting on a truck, or maybe steal a
    bicycle and take 20 minutes to reach the other side of the city ? Well you can, and that's what it is all about.

Haters will always find that the sky is not blue enough, but who cares, if you can't enjoy this game, then you should consider selling your ps3. I mean you can even not play the missions at all and still have a good time doing races on-line, cause chaos and steal a jet.

Conclusion : This is a perfect game, enjoy it as much as you can !
  31. Jun 27, 2014
    Best game I've ever played. The vast amount of bugs is only to be expected with such a huge, complex and detailed game. I'm only buying a PS4 so I can continue playing this game nearly everyday on a better OS.
  32. Jun 27, 2014
    Biggest entertainment launch of any medium? Check. Most expensive video game ever produced, with each dollar being showcased to the player at every turn? Check. A ultra-violent, and unforgettable action-adventure game that will be enjoyed by almost any mature gamer for endless hours? ABSOLUTELY!

I fully recommend this game to GTA lovers and mature gamers who enjoy tongue-in-cheek
    humour, and are willing to explore and experience the biggest and most fully-detailed sandbox ever created. This was the biggest gaming event of 2013, and that is no secret. Expand
  33. Jul 6, 2014
    Best game ever: Amazing campaign + Cool graphics + Awesome online = perfect game

If you are a True-Gamer you must play this game, if not, too. GTA Five keep essence of grand theft auto series, an Open-World game with a lot of possibilities. The map is very detailed, interactive. alive and big. A lot of secrets behind it. It's very addictive, I have played it more than one hundred hours
    and i didn't completed the hole game. When you are driving, killing people, scuba diving or whatever you are doing you can find hidden mission and secrets that expand the game-time. Online it's the funniest multiplayer when you play with friends. I think is a good game to close the seventh generation. I'm really waiting to play it on PS4 or PC.

If I could choose between the best game and GTA V, I'll choose GTA V.
  34. Jul 6, 2014
    I'm going to say this right now. Grand Theft Auto V is the best video game I've ever played. I really went nuts for this game. I couldn't even stop playing it. Not one bit. This is actually so much better than Grand Theft Auto IV. The best part is that if you are having trouble passing a mission, you can literally skip to the next scene of the mission. And I loved playing golf in that game and same with Tennis. Though, there is one house that is tough purchasing (which is the Los Santos Country Club). But however, I am really hoping Rockstar Games makes more Grand Theft Auto games. So my suggestion is to buy that game. Expand
  35. Jul 10, 2014
    El juego se merece el 10 sí o sí. Las críticas negativas se deben al hype desmesurado que muchos tenían. GTA V es sobresaliente. Es todo un gustazo para cualquier fan de los sandbox jugar este juego. Yo el primer dia estuve 4 horas seguidas sin poder parar de jugar...
    La historia promete desde el principio pero es cuando Michael o Trevor están en pantalla cuando la cosa funciona. Franklin
    es algo mas simple (como ocurría con CJ en SA). El hecho de tener tres personajes me asustaba un poco al principio pero ha sido una gran idea, cambiar entre ellos es rápido y satisfactorio.
    Llaman la atención muchas cosas desde que cojemos el mando. Visualmente el juego parece de otra galaxia. Ver en PS3 una ciudad así de viva y un entorno tan grande y bien definido es un placer para la vista. La iluminación ha mejorado, los modelados de la gente están logrados, los coches lucen mejor y se manejan con mas facilidad, sobretodo para los iniciados en este tipo de juegos. También los vehículos acuáticos y aéreos se manejan mejor. El multijugador es bastante bueno. Tiene unos cuantos fallos, pero engancha y está compensado (aunque luego hayan algunos hackers que estropeen la experiencia). Me gusta mucho el creador de partidas aunque debería ser mas sencillo que la gente juegue a las que creas tú.

Sin duda es un juego tan bueno que se hace corto, cuando lo terminas al 100% quieres mas y realmente no hay tanto que hacer como prometían. Menos mal que jugar con trucos es bastante distraído porque si no...

Resumiendo, cualquiera que tenga PS3 o Xbox 360 debe tener este juego. Quien sabe cuando volveremos a ver algo así.
  36. Jul 29, 2014
    I'm going to make this as simple as I can. The campaign is lots of fun, but there is really no reason to play it again once you've completed it. On the other hand, the Online is fun with friends, but if your friends are off doing something else, the online is atrocious. RockStar has increased prices for items drastically from the singleplayer, and they expect you to do these "missions" that in the end are tedious and hardly put any amount of money into your wallet. R* further screws you over by offering in-game money for real-life money. Just let that soak in. So either you pay out the ass for in game money you will spend in a matter of minutes, or you can decide you don't care about your social life and spend hours upon hours trying to get enough money in missions to buy that one cool car you wanted. Furthermore, the leveling system is completely broken, as you level up extremely slowly, and your character is defenseless up until about level 30, and even then you will get destroyed by the many higher ranking players. This leads me to my next point. The online "community" is full of douchebags and other **** that will shoot you and run you over for little to no reason, which is extremely irritating when you start trying to actually level up and get cash. The online in general is just one big cluster **** of anger-inducing garbage. But this garbage can be fun with friends who won't murder you over and over and over and over again. Bottom line: The campaign is plenty of fun but lacks replay value. The online is god-awful without friends to play with and I find it ironic that the developers make fun of the state that the video game industry is in, but then they go and try to get rich from your money even though you've already paid $60 for the game. If not for the online this game would be a 9/10. Expand
  37. Aug 1, 2014
    Now let me start off by saying why my review is mixed (even though probably no one cares.) GTA 5 Is there, but not quite. I play GTA 5 fresh from playing GTA 4 on Xbox 360 and PC and I have to say that was superb. The graphics reflecting the gritty tone of the game and the great conclusion, while some hitches were here and there, it was close. GTA 5 is a mixed bag. I feel as of having the 3 main protagonists is a bit messy to write around and more or less a cynical choice to make RockStar seem adventurous. There are some fun lines and quirks from the characters but it only seems to be coming from a few of the writers. More or less there're more than enough writers to found a small micro-nation.

But the game also doesn't as enough depth to it as I'd like, I wish to see even more interactivity and more places to explore but I guess that's our lot. The driving is fairly good and is no minor part there. I swear I can notice parts and places were I was driving in the "Cinematic Camera," and I noticed some cars in-front of me, that I would've have crashed into, disappeared before I could, though the pop-out isn't noticeable I still appreciated the little nifty coding there.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the depth of GTA 5 is in-consist because of the overwhelming large amount of people working on it. I know it speeds up production but It seems like that played a downfall to rockstar somewhat.
  38. Aug 23, 2014
    This game rocks! GTA 4 sucked. This game is every thing GTA should have been. Characters are great story is awesome and the gun fights are like modern warfare. I love this game and have played it several times all the way through. From being able to choose your close to the color of your ride this game gives you the freedom that was denied in GTA 4. Controls and game play are perfect. I can't wait for the next one. Expand
  39. Sep 9, 2014
    i see some **** copy and paste the same bad review and give it a 0/10 purposely to reduce the user scores for this game. this is easily the best game in ps3. the graphics are awesome. 0% glitch. big world with no glitch is something very rare we see in games. some **** games like skyrim are getting better reviews than this great game which i cannot bear. this game definitely deserves a way better user score. i give it a perfect 10. Expand
  40. Sep 11, 2014
    grand theft auto 5 is a great game the open world is large and there is an always endless list of things to do, however 3 characters although good meant each character wasn't able to develop as strongly as Niko & CJ from previous installments, the online mode is good but has problems. the irony is of course it gets marked down not because it is bad but because partly of the quality of the rest of the series and also because after being delayed multiple times my expectations had grown to a level that the game couldn't reach, Expand
  41. Sep 18, 2014
    I just paid for a megladon shark card and It didn't give the money to me so I think it is **** and a scam I want my money you **** so give it to me!!!
  42. Sep 30, 2014
    Amazing game, one of the best 5 ever. Amazing graphics and soundtrack, superb gameplay, amazing open world which feels alive with so much attention to little details, unforgettable characters, and an online mode that complements the story - simply a must have.
  43. Oct 5, 2014
    What can I say? This is the best game ever? This is the best video game experience out there? While being neither of these things, GTA V is a GREAT GAME and EXPERIENCE, just not the best. In my opinion, The Last of Us is my favorite game and experience with games, but GTA is definitely my #2. I first bought the game a couple days after it coming out and hadn't heard much about it (wasn't a big gamer back then) but my friends had told me it the best game they'd played in a long time. And they were right. So for the next 3-4 months I was obsessed. I was immersed in the most vast world in gaming. Though the story was not the best of the franchise, (4 taking that trophy) it was addictive. I loved every second I played until i beat the campaign in about 3 weeks. Just recently I got the 100% trophy and put about 87 hours into it doing so. Every second of playing was worth it. I would recommend this game to anyone. Almost everyone I've met who enjoys gaming, enjoys this game. Great game 10/10 Expand
  44. Oct 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Al ser un GTA, es muy facil que haya ganado esa nota. Sin embargo, me ha decepcionado la promesa del Online. Se suponia que, tal y como decia el trailer del Online, GTA V iba a ser un juego donde fueramos con nuestros amigos a donde quisieramos, formaramos una Crew y lucharamos con otras Crews o bien la liaramos parda en la ciudad a base de atracos o robos para Simeon. Al cabo de un tiempo, el juego se torno lleno de gente que lo unico que hacia era matar por doquier a la primera persona que pillara, o bien destrozar todos tus coches con el tanque. Yo, sinceramente, pense que este juego seria distinto. Pense que el Online estaria mas basado en los juegos de ordenador, donde hay mundo abierto y puedes hacer lo que quieras, con amigos y sin fastidiar a la gente.
    La historia, dentro de lo que cabe, torna momentos muy chulos, pero el final sigue siendo una decepcion para mi. Yo creo, por lo menos, que el final se pudiera haber echo mas epico.
    Un punto extra que añado es que a diferencia de otras entregas, yo creo que se notaban mucho las parodias y la verdad que el juego no me gusto mucho. Habia parodia por todos lados, de la sociedad (la familia de Michael), de la religion (programa Epsilon), hasta de los jugadores (Trevor). En serio, que lo escondan un poquito, nada mas, asi cuando lo encuentres de verdad te hara gracia durante bastante tiempo, no los dejes asi al aire. También puedo ser yo que en las otras entregas habia la misma parodia pero yo no lo cogia, pero igualmente cuando cogia una yo me tronchaba de risa.
    Esta es mi opinion sobre el juego. La verdad podría haber llegado a mas.
  45. Oct 15, 2014
    Classic game recreated with new characters over a giant landscape. This third person crime game is fantastic fun. Follow three different characters or create your own via multiplayer. You wont be disappointed with this purchase.

Rockstar has a masterpiece
  46. Oct 19, 2014
    Los Santos is a vast, sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and once-important, formerly-known-as celebrities. The city was once the envy of the Western world, but is now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and reality TV. Amidst the chaos, three unique criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster in search of real opportunities and serious cheddar; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Quickly running out of options, the crew risks it all in a sequence of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life. Expand
  47. Nov 22, 2014
    I think this game started out with the main story too slow, but the story overall becomes much better and interesting after you have played for a while.

The best thing about this game are the main characters, becuase of their realistic way of starting and ending conversations. There are many funny and interesting cutscenes, that makes you curious about what is going to happen next.

Another thing that i like very much is how detalied this game is. You can have fun on many new ways in this game. It's surprising how this game is so huge and detailed, and have good graphics at the same time!
  48. Nov 19, 2014
    In my opinion, the best part of GTA-ever.
    I was skeptical at first, if ever a GTA-part can be better than Vice City. However, this part has convinced me completely.
    Just a great game.

It was the reason (and Last Of Us) me to buy a PS3.
  49. Nov 22, 2014
    Gran Theft Auto is a game that suffers from repetition, a mediocre story, and an online mode that feels barren and still lacks a proper heist mode. The map is large but filled with empty space and there is almost a complete absence of interior space. The good things though are the great controls and while the campaign suffered from repetition and being too long it was largely still fun. One thing the game does well it definitely having plenty of content. I just wish there was a little more variety and more satisfying gun play. Expand

1. Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]