8.2

1. Sep 17, 2013
    It's a big impressive game but when it comes down to it it simply isn't that fun. Grand Theft Auto fans will likely be pleased but it didn't convert me.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is great for an open world experience but when it comes to raw gameplay, it grows boring. Gameplay is such a key aspect of a video game and this one's grows tiresome before long.
  3. Oct 5, 2013
    Its a fun game but some aspects really annoy me, the main one is the framerate, some places i had to turn on the auto aim because i was wasting to much ammunition, maybe my console is getting old, the game has some bad textures what is ok since how BIG the map is, the driving is very sensible but good, some cars models are "indestructible" they dont take much damage compared with othersIts a fun game but some aspects really annoy me, the main one is the framerate, some places i had to turn on the auto aim because i was wasting to much ammunition, maybe my console is getting old, the game has some bad textures what is ok since how BIG the map is, the driving is very sensible but good, some cars models are "indestructible" they dont take much damage compared with others models, if you like to explore you will find several hours of fun otherwise you will get tired easily even doing the campaign. The multiplayer isn't working no matter how much i try. Expand
  4. Sep 29, 2013
    Pros:

- Most playable GTA yet in terms of combat mechanics - Lots of fun missions - Great graphics (for consoles) - Great voice acting - Well crafted world - Rockstar are putting real effort into the MP this time (we'll see how they do on Oct 1st) - Very funny writing Cons: - I don't know if it's because I'm a PC gamer and not used to console controls, however I still don't
    Pros:

- Most playable GTA yet in terms of combat mechanics
    - Lots of fun missions
    - Great graphics (for consoles)
    - Great voice acting
    - Well crafted world
    - Very funny writing

Cons:

- I don't know if it's because I'm a PC gamer and not used to console controls, however I still don't think the combat is all that great, close combat sucks, it's hard to work out where people are also as often they're not shown on the mini map.
    - Stealth sucks, you cannot stealth anywhere with it really, again enemies don't have a cone of vision or often not on the mini map so it's hard to see where to stealth, the animation is also crap, hard to tell if you're even in it.
    - Radios suck
    - Lack of interiors
    - World feels smaller than they were claiming
    - The story is weak, it's not very well paced and individual character stories seem to end very quickly
    - Poor supporting characters, GTA 4 had Brucie and Packie who were amazing, GTA V doesn't really have anyone who is memorable, even GTA SA had a much better cast.
    - Damage is toned down, vehicles don't deform like they did in GTA 4
    - The driving physics are a step down from 4 IMO
    - You die too easily now, it's no fun to crash your car to destroy it or to run around causing chaos because you cannot take much damage any more.
    - Shooting from vehicles sucks, too hard to tell where you're aiming half the time.
    - Vehicles do not catch on fire to give you a warning when to bail anymore, they just randomly explode, again this makes it unfun to try to see how much damage you can cause to your vehicle.
    - slightest shunts can destroy a wheel making the car impossible to drive.

etc etc.

This is by far the world GTA released relative to the time released, it really doesn't feel much of an evolution over GTA 4, it's worse in some cases, I just expected more 5 years later than just better graphics.

There are many more good and bad points, I'm just listing the ones that spring to mind.
  5. Oct 23, 2013
    I've completed 80% of all the challenges this game offers, and got the achievement for exploring all of the map. I was quite underwhelmed by the story. I expected something fresh. Like a sudden china town mission or catching a whale or something. But it stayed way within the GTA formula, using some non-exceptional settings spread around the map, and it never felt like anything was reallyI've completed 80% of all the challenges this game offers, and got the achievement for exploring all of the map. I was quite underwhelmed by the story. I expected something fresh. Like a sudden china town mission or catching a whale or something. But it stayed way within the GTA formula, using some non-exceptional settings spread around the map, and it never felt like anything was really at stake.

The shooting mechanics are not deserving of a game world of this caliber. You can read about that before you buy the game if it matters to you.

The side missions were often more 'wacky-fun' than the main ones, and they made me like the game more. The best thing about GTA V is the satire, which is uniquely expansive and cynical. Oh and the soundtrack might be the best GTA soundtrack ever. So many lyrics that comment on the game. So many hidden gems from recent music history.

The worst thing about the game (GTA games infamously have one element that sucks) was diving for collectibles. Outside of the main missions, I spent one full hour diving for 30 x 'nuclear waste' and it might have been the most boring fetch quest I've ever played.

I've played the game for about 40 hours and I could still keep playing it for more achievements, not mentioning Online which is 'acceptable' despite crazy loading times and often mediocre sessions. A game that ticks all the right boxes but nonetheless plays like yesteryear's. A bit like a really big Fifa game with a new campaign and new amazing stadiums. It could just benefit from a game-changer, like when planes were introduced.

All in all, a very polished and ambitious GTA game. Maybe the most ambitious, and certainly the most expansive and detailed. But also the one where each gameplay element doesn't feel as rewarding as back in the old days of difficult gameplay.
  6. Jun 26, 2014
    I have considered that playing essentially the same game over and over has worn thin, or maybe it just isn't fun at all. We'll see how I feel when it comes out on PC.
  7. Jan 21, 2015
    This is another evolved big franchise in fast changing game industry. If you're an old GTA fan, don't expect too much from this title. It's lighter, thinner, shorter and easier than its predecessors. On the other hand game's production quality is unquestionable and it has the best interactive story mechanic in series. Story is realistic and entertaining. And it works well with newThis is another evolved big franchise in fast changing game industry. If you're an old GTA fan, don't expect too much from this title. It's lighter, thinner, shorter and easier than its predecessors. On the other hand game's production quality is unquestionable and it has the best interactive story mechanic in series. Story is realistic and entertaining. And it works well with new multi-character system but too short for me. Shooter mechanics is okay and challenging if you turn off auto aim. (but don't expect RDR or GTA 4 mechanics) Game world is huge. But after 3 hours of gameplay it feels lifeless. Game map has no role on game progression. All parts of map are accessible. Almost all vehicles are presented from beginning of the game. And there is no more "i'll unlock other side of the map" motivation. Last and disappointing part of the game is driving mechanics. I think Rockstar tried to grab NFS and Midnight Club players with new car physics but i am out their scope. This game has too many casual design elements when compared to old GTA games. Non of these elements bothered me except driving. Driving the fastest car of the game nearly feels same as driving the slowest one (steering experience). If you're not obsessed with old game mechanics like I am, i guarantee you'll enjoy with this high quality experience. PS 4 version has stunning visuals and FPS mod. I advice PS 4 version if you really want to pay for this game. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2013
    Taking in game pictures is in cloud servers that are periodically dead, on-line was postponed to 1.10 and three days later is a total mess, cars are disappearing from garage, in-game payment for faster boosting characters in multiplayer (one would think that 1 billion dollars would be enough to skip that part)... A lot of problems but all of them are covered with magical cure- marketingTaking in game pictures is in cloud servers that are periodically dead, on-line was postponed to 1.10 and three days later is a total mess, cars are disappearing from garage, in-game payment for faster boosting characters in multiplayer (one would think that 1 billion dollars would be enough to skip that part)... A lot of problems but all of them are covered with magical cure- marketing (i.e. payments to gaming reviewing sites) is more expensive than game it self. GTA5 is great game but it is not perfect, unless someone thinks that so many problems are perfectly acceptable.
    I have preordered game, payed premium price and now I am wasting my time working as beta tester for Rockstar. Wow, that is amazing.
    I had similar experience with sim city 5 but that was widely covered in gaming media, and we were all angry how could they take money from us and not providing us good service. A little advice to EA and Blizzard- next time give more money to reviewing sites and your games will get much better scores, including Diablo 3 and Sim City 5.
    And concerning rockstar- next time I will skip preorder and instead buy second hand copy from some frustrated owner for less money.
  9. Jun 25, 2014
    Wow, standards are slipping...fast.

Wow, standards are slipping...fast.

First let me say I Loved Almost all previous iterations of this once great series, but GTA V is by far an away the most disappointing. The graphics are average at best ( cutscenes are even worse ) and the map while large isn't very dense, in terms of both mini games and Easter eggs which made exploring enjoyable, now we're left with few mediocre side missions and virtually no reward for completing them. The story while enjoyable is short lived and certain characters aren't haven't had personalities developed for them, namely Franklin and Michael. Driving is fun but able to flip vehicles and control in the air makes no sense and shooting is bad, GTA 4 Shooting was much better, hand to hand combat is garbage and rockstar have no excuse for this since rock star made the warriors ( PS2/PSP ) which had fantastic combat and good stealth mechanics as well. The ocean area which makes up a FIFTH of the map is a waste of memory space, but would make for a good dynamic background. The single player was very underwhelming but the online makes its look like a masterpiece by comparison. Only 16 player on such a large map is stupid, and is poorly developed, hence the bad scores for gta online, and the fact pay outs are so low, most players get bored quickly, and activities vary from average to rubbish, and rockstars clear focus on online over single player is frustrating for long time fans. The euphoria physics, yep you guessed it are worse than Gta 4.

Let's Hope rockstars next installment in the GTA Series is Fantastic like previous gta games.
  10. Mar 13, 2014
    This is a great game and I would otherwise give it a 10 but remind me why a game that started out on the PC now is released 6 months later for the platform it started on...
  11. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played almost every iteration of grand theft auto, along with most other Rockstar games, so I get what they are supposed to be like. Open-world, gang drama, drugs, alcohol, prostitutes and humour are what I consider these games to be about. This game had all that, but in a weird way.

Now I'll just say I loved the first third of this game, but after that it just got annoying and repetitive. As soon as you start working with what is supposed to be the CIA or FBI, it all goes to **** I wanted to be pulling heists and bringing in cash a lot, which you do a few times, but then you have to do missions for this organization for the bulk of the game and the story gets lost in something else.

The ending was pretty fun though and I liked how there was some selection as to how you would like it to go, even if I thought Michael was the main character the whole time and it should of been his decision.

Now on to what there is to do and see. Everyone said this map was the biggest ever and was going to be amazing. I will agree there is a lot to see and do, but it's not really that impressive when a lot of it is just mountains and grass. I mean If you weren't gonna make the city a little bigger at least make the other side cities larger or make another city the size of the original one on the opposite end of the map. Just Cause 2 has a map that's likely four times larger than this, and the tiny city in that game is likely as big as the city portion of this game.

All of the side quests are fun to do, but kind of take you out of the reality of the game. All of the hobbies are boring after you play them once or twice. I think Rockstar wanted this to be the be all, end all open-world game and they added a lot, but forgot in other areas. I believe this game should of been just single-player with the online coming out at a different date and being made by another studio.

The graphics are sub-par, there's tons of frame rate issues and the line of sight is so small and extremely noticeable while flying. The best thing this game has going for it is the voice acting and how the vehicles drive.

I'll recommend this game to people who are fans of the series, but if you are new to open-world games or this series just get San Andreas, Vice City or Red Dead Redemption!
  12. Jul 16, 2014
    Great game, but better than Half Life? Counter Strike? no. Better than GTA IV? Just Cause 2? Saints Row IV? Yes. This is by far the best of it's category and most other games. Is it better than GTA San Andreas? I think so, I think others are too attached to old memories of it, GTA San Andreas.
  13. Nov 22, 2014
    Gran Theft Auto is a game that suffers from repetition, a mediocre story, and an online mode that feels barren and still lacks a proper heist mode. The map is large but filled with empty space and there is almost a complete absence of interior space. The good things though are the great controls and while the campaign suffered from repetition and being too long it was largely still fun.Gran Theft Auto is a game that suffers from repetition, a mediocre story, and an online mode that feels barren and still lacks a proper heist mode. The map is large but filled with empty space and there is almost a complete absence of interior space. The good things though are the great controls and while the campaign suffered from repetition and being too long it was largely still fun. One thing the game does well it definitely having plenty of content. I just wish there was a little more variety and more satisfying gun play. Expand
  14. Oct 5, 2013
    Rockstar Games and the GTA series helped make the open world action game genre what it is today, and because of that both deserve our respect. I'm just going to go ahead and say that this is just a review of the single-player experience only and not GTA online. I will reference GTA online in this review briefly, but will go more into depth about it with a separate review for it that youRockstar Games and the GTA series helped make the open world action game genre what it is today, and because of that both deserve our respect. I'm just going to go ahead and say that this is just a review of the single-player experience only and not GTA online. I will reference GTA online in this review briefly, but will go more into depth about it with a separate review for it that you can read when it is posted.

GTA V's city of Los Santos feels alive, brimming with personality and activities. The story and characters are excellent and fully fleshed out. You may be playing as scumbags, but they are the kind of scumbags you can sympathize with and actually are actually likable characters despite their numerous personality flaws. There is some crazy funny stuff going on in Los Santos, stuff so bizarre and hilarious that honestly a lot of it wouldn't have looked out of place in a Saint's Row game. Just turning on your TV or radio and a commercial could pop up with some of the most hilariously un-subtle social commentary you'll ever hear, making for some intentional comedic gold. It's moments like these that help GTA V set itself apart from other games in the genre that its predecessors helped create, but inconsistencies with the gameplay make it feel like GTA is lagging behind recent competitors in the open world genre.

The story missions are packed with some cool moments and tense shoot-outs, and the game is fun overall, but too often did it feel like the events leading up to these moments were just busy work used to extend the length of the game in some of the dullest ways possible. At one point the game tasked me with mopping, MOPPING! Who wants to do that in a video game? Cop chases are another frustration of mine, I can't tell you how many times I've almost escaped the cops only to have one cop car spawn right in-front of me alerting all cops to my new location and keeping the chase going. It's irritating to no end. Most of my other complaints are minor but did still hurt my opinion of the game. The graphics are a little dated, the radio stations never play anything good, and travel time can be a little too long at times. GTA Online is also still buggy, but you can read more about that in its individual review when I post it.

All of these flaws bring GTA V down, but they don't make it a bad game. It's still packed with enough fun and impressive moments to make it a good game, it's just not as impressive or as fun as a lot of the other open world games out there. But if you're looking for an open world crime game with a fantastic story, or are just a fan of the series, then you may find GTA V worth your time. Just don't expect anything particularly impressive as far as gameplay is concerned.
  15. Oct 11, 2013
    The graphics are horrible and not suitable for big screens, there's some questionable game design, auto-aim is necessary because those idiots at rockstar decided to put this on consoles and sony and microsoft are idiots for not allowing to have other control methods than the controllers. I recommend waiting for a PC version so nothing is holding back your experience.
  16. Jul 12, 2014
    Overrated game. The world is fine, but then it remains. The story is mediocre. Multiplayer sucks.

In fact, I pulled the story to force through. Since then, I have not touched the game.
  17. Sep 27, 2013
    I want to start out by saying this is a very good game. Overall, it is more enjoyable than GTA IV. However, I do not consider it as complete and as whole a game as Red Dead: Redemption.

It is much more engaging, beautiful, and overall less bleak than IV. The graphics (well as expected), models and world building are beautiful and well researched. The dialogue is overall much better and

The dialogue is overall much better and as are many characters (though anyone is compared to Niko).

I actually feel for Michael and his scum life, scum family and understand that is many ways, it is his fault for where he is in life, from his upbringing, to bringing up children in scum city USA and our new scum age. I legit feel sorry for him when that sad-dad music plays, but it feels anemic overall.

Our three characters are great, but feel spread thin and so does the world. Yes, it is an open world game, yes it is fantastic to explore and beautiful, and yes you can do everything from yoga to submarine exploration, to a triathlon, to a stripped-touching minigame, to robbing convenience stores.

It is just most of these things are utterly pointless and I will never do them again. The reward is either nothing (or arthritis in your dumb from the last 25 minute triathalon) or sooo largely incomparable to the prices in the rest of the world that they might as well give you nothing.

It feels like, to me, many aspects of the game are half-explored, half thought-out and don't sync with others. Heists are the most glaring example of this wasted potential. Properties are entirely useless. The only one you made a profit on is Trevor's airstrip after 12.5 missions on the plane and dune buggy, the next accessible one is Smoke on the Water for Franklin, which will earn off the initial price in about 22 weeks of in-game days. Or (assuming each save is 12 hours?) 308 times seeing Franklin go to bed, clicking past the save screen, seeing Franklin wake up..

I hear there is no reason at all to manage them, the weekly price doesn't change if you ignore them (except Trevor's I mentioned, which is mission based). There is one property that will take 5 YEARS of in game days to pay off (or 3650 saves)

I'm getting real tired of writing this review/rant, so I am just going wrap it up.

This is a well-made game, but not as much overall as RDR. This is a fun game, but the gunplay isn't as good as RDR and the driving is arcade-y and less rewarding than IV (you weren't breaking right people; don't handbreak, tap footbreak at the right moment!)

There is plenty to do, but outside of around or shooting cops, largely many of them are pointless mini-games, rewardless, or something you'll never repeat.
    This is an incredibly well-made game that feels like overall the peak of what this console generations technology can achieve, but also like parts of it were designed by committees that didn't network.

In closing I want to say that I really do enjoy this game and the characters are fun and interesting, but to me, this just isn't as complete a game as the most expensive video game ever developed should be like.

Maybe there is a chance a patch could fix the content that doesn't jive.

Also I am hoping these rumors of GTA Online being 7 dollars a month aren't true. I am just not willing to pay that, monthly fees, micro-transitions and MMOS encourage terrible, terrible behavior from developers.
  18. Sep 28, 2013
    An OK game. Nothing spectacular. As with many open world games, it becomes boring in a short while. Travelling from point A to B and watching cutscenes, that's how I would describe the gameplay. This is essentially GTA IV loaded with more features. If you weren't a fan of the previous games, don't buy this and expect it to be any different. If you were however, then you're gonna love it.
  19. Sep 22, 2013
    I appreciate the scale and extra content Rockstar has put into the game. It does feel like there is a lot to do, and it's making me slow down the pace of the story just to check stuff out. However, the story is kind of doing that already. It really doesn't flow well. The characters are ordinary in the previous games there were seriously funny characters and cutscenes, this feels like aI appreciate the scale and extra content Rockstar has put into the game. It does feel like there is a lot to do, and it's making me slow down the pace of the story just to check stuff out. However, the story is kind of doing that already. It really doesn't flow well. The characters are ordinary in the previous games there were seriously funny characters and cutscenes, this feels like a fairly action film.

What it does it does well, driving and shooting is still fun, some of the race have been great, but for difficulty and longevity of the missions themselves, I'm feeling there is something missing. The missions are so short and have not yet been a challenge...

Great game as to be expected but they could have put more time in where the game needed it, rather than building a huge map, of which most of it you'll never see....
  20. Oct 2, 2013
    This game really blew me away when I first started playing. The graphics, music selection, tight controls, insane level of detail, and some of the best satire I've ever experienced. The plot and story seemed interesting. Overall, everything about this game is pretty much top notch, except for the story. Its a decent story and has some interesting developments and twists, but in the endThis game really blew me away when I first started playing. The graphics, music selection, tight controls, insane level of detail, and some of the best satire I've ever experienced. The plot and story seemed interesting. Overall, everything about this game is pretty much top notch, except for the story. Its a decent story and has some interesting developments and twists, but in the end it wasn't satisfying. It started out strong, but just dragged on towards the middle and end. Also, the missions got pretty repetitive with the driving. It started to become a chore to play the game than fun. Overall, the social commentary is what makes this game amazing though. Its satire at its best and its so relevant to our modern day culture. Expand
  21. Oct 4, 2013
    I'm going to keep this shirt, sweet and to the point.

I'm going to keep this shirt, sweet and to the point.

I did not enjoy GTA4, I found the storyline tedious and Nico Belik an empty shell In comparison to Claude Speed and Carl "CJ" Johnson.... Granted Franklin didn't ring my bell, but Michael and Trevor Phillips (especially "T") were tremendous. The game is pretty same as any other GTA game since 3, however the storyline, crude humour and engrossing side missionscharacters kept me giggling like a school girl from start to finish..... Time to develop the basic fundamentals of what made GTA, GTA I think guys, another title using the same control mechanism's and game dynamics isn't going to cut it..... Fun, laugh out loud humour, lacking in the gameplay department.... Enjoyable, not an instant classic, role on Dark Souls 2.
  22. Oct 13, 2013
    Long time GTA fan, waited for this game for years and I was very disappointed.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the story and the characters but once you finish the game you wish you hadn't.
    Long time GTA fan, waited for this game for years and I was very disappointed.
    There's nothing fun to do, cops and enemies are way too accurate and kill you very easily. Rockstar could of easily down something different with police, non lethal ways to take you down (like tasers and mace?) Committing crimes are difficult which some may argue is more realistic but it takes away the fun. Escaping the police is easy, but takes a while for the stars to go away.

Stealth feels useless, no crouching, none of those minigames that some enjoyed in GTA 4, and no gambling.
    The city could of been a lot bigger while still having a big rural area, it feels like im just playing an HD texture pack of GTA: San Andreas.
    Also there weren't many heists.
  23. Oct 1, 2013
    Meh! I've played for about 10 hours or so and am already getting bored, there is some really funny dialogue and that's what is keeping me going but otherwise its just the same old over-hyped GTA. Its not a bad game by any means and Rockstar have done an amazing job with the graphics, open world design and script but it just gets a bit samey to quickly for me. I'm looking forward to theMeh! I've played for about 10 hours or so and am already getting bored, there is some really funny dialogue and that's what is keeping me going but otherwise its just the same old over-hyped GTA. Its not a bad game by any means and Rockstar have done an amazing job with the graphics, open world design and script but it just gets a bit samey to quickly for me. I'm looking forward to the multiplayer hopefully that will be awesome. Expand
  24. Oct 2, 2013
    So let me get this straight..
    Tonnes of glitches! (Don't believe me, Google some of the ridiculous glitches people have posted)
    AND no online at launch. If this was ANY OTHER game with these issues, people would be complaining non stop and the review scores would be somewhere at 4/10. But because it's GTA it can do no wrong. This does not mean its a bad game, but it is not the 10
    So let me get this straight..
    AND no online at launch.
    This does not mean its a bad game, but it is not the 10 people are giving it.
    Sorry, but it's true.
  25. Oct 2, 2013
    GTA V is terribly overrated, like most AAA games these days, the missions are just an afterthought to tie together cutscenes. There is no challenge, no tactical decision making, no sense that you are outwitting the computer AI. The paradox is that even though it's a sandbox game, the mission sections have never felt so limiting and 'on rails'. The opening heist held some promise, but asGTA V is terribly overrated, like most AAA games these days, the missions are just an afterthought to tie together cutscenes. There is no challenge, no tactical decision making, no sense that you are outwitting the computer AI. The paradox is that even though it's a sandbox game, the mission sections have never felt so limiting and 'on rails'. The opening heist held some promise, but as the game unfolds it's clear that the designers adhere to the "rollercoaster" approach where the mission events and dialog are so scripted that there is little to no room for player creativity.

Having said that, the sandbox world is quite an achievement, the radio stations both talk and music are great, and the characters and cutscenes are probably the most entertaining you'll find in a video game. But unless you're suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder and absolutely must fly under all 50 bridges, pick up all the notes, complete all the jumps, tennis matches, etc.. the open world gets old rather quickly. And, as fun as the cutscenes are, they come at the expense of gameplay and the feeling that the game is little more than an expensive cutscene player, where you execute, basic, menial tasks to trigger them.

Like I alluded to, I like games that present a challenge and demand some kind of strategic thinking from the player. I gave GTA V a chance, because the heists sounded like they involved planning, choosing preferred/appropriate weapons for the job, maybe scoping out the building, planning which side to come in on, where to position the 3 players you control, etc... All features that a sandbox world would seem to accommodate very well. Unfortunately, the gameplay is simply not there in this one. Style over substance.
  26. Oct 15, 2013
    This game was hyped for months as one of the best games of this generation, but I just can't see it. I bought the game based on a co-worker saying it was better than the Last of Us. Boy was he wrong. The story is so-so but I did like the three characters. However, GTA 5's gameplay is fun at first, but the fun wears off quick after you finish the story. In plain, it just gets boring. It wasThis game was hyped for months as one of the best games of this generation, but I just can't see it. I bought the game based on a co-worker saying it was better than the Last of Us. Boy was he wrong. The story is so-so but I did like the three characters. However, GTA 5's gameplay is fun at first, but the fun wears off quick after you finish the story. In plain, it just gets boring. It was only entertaining for the 14 or so hours I played the story. After that, no motivation. Expand
  27. Oct 12, 2013
    Rockstar have truly lost their way, instead of fun over the top games they now create messy, misogynistic games that try far too hard to be offensive for the sake of it. GTA 5 does have some amazing features to it, such as the world and how detailed it is, but sooner or later everything you appreciate the game will come crashing down due to one thing or another.

The controls in this

The controls in this game are absolutely awful, I expected Rockstar to have worked on this after the mess that was GTA 4, but they feel practically the same. You can't just throw in an auto aim that is far too generous because you couldn't be bothered to fine out the aiming, that is just shameful. The driving is better admittedly, but it couldn't have gotten any worse after GTA 4. Every action is over animated, it makes the controls incredibly cumbersome and frustrating and nearly impossible to get through small doorways without running into walls first.

The story in this game is about as disjointed as they come, the only real connection being that everyone needs to make money, which is once again an incredibly lazy plot driving point. I never had a sense that what I was doing was important to progressing the story or characters once during my time with the GTA 5 main missions and I found myself getting tired of it very often. Free roaming is a lot of fun, probably where the most fun will be had with this game, there is a lot on offer in the world of Los Santos and it rewards the observant gamer. It is a shame then that the police will punish you for even the slightest of crimes, tap one of their cars? Accidently bump into an officer due to the clunky controls? They will shoot you on sight for it. I'm not sure if there is an underlying message to this about America and its police brutality or if Rockstar really were just too lazy once again to bother adding different reactions to each wanted level.

The biggest problem with this game is GTA Online, unfortunately it comes as part of the package so it should be rated as part of the entirety of this game. The playerbase is absolutely awful, one of the worst standing side by side with the Call of Duty community. This however is not Rockstar's fault, but like it or not you will have to rely on these people sooner or later to help you either in missions or just roaming around. The missions themselves are pretty much just cut and copy over and over with only the bare basics changed; such as mission location or how many enemies you need to kill. Practically all the missions will revolve around killing a group of people, collecting something and then reaching a destination.

GTA Online was never going to live up to the hype it created, but it could have been so much more. Because of the disappointing single player and the outright horrid Online feature I can only give GTA 5 a 6/10.
  28. Sep 18, 2013
    There is no denying that this game is huge and was always going to be a smash hit....but you can't help but think as you play that GTA IV was better, i preferred the characters, the story was better as well as the city. There have been improvements in some game play (though aiming is too easy and makes shoot outs almost pointless) but it doesn't feel like a new game, simple a continuation.There is no denying that this game is huge and was always going to be a smash hit....but you can't help but think as you play that GTA IV was better, i preferred the characters, the story was better as well as the city. There have been improvements in some game play (though aiming is too easy and makes shoot outs almost pointless) but it doesn't feel like a new game, simple a continuation. Had it's day??? Probably not, there will always be a new generation of game player who wants to experience the thrill of gansta life, init! Expand
  29. Oct 3, 2013
    When buying GTA 5 I became extremely excited thinking it would of improved on everything wrong with GTA 4 and therefore make it the better game. I was wrong. The story was awful with only 69 main missions overall of which some were stealing vans and driving them back for storage. There are only three big heists in the game in which 2 are boring and easy. The last mission was also extremelyWhen buying GTA 5 I became extremely excited thinking it would of improved on everything wrong with GTA 4 and therefore make it the better game. I was wrong. The story was awful with only 69 main missions overall of which some were stealing vans and driving them back for storage. There are only three big heists in the game in which 2 are boring and easy. The last mission was also extremely disappointing as it was ridiculously easy and long winded. After finishing the game I looked at my stats and found that I had only played 5 hours as Trevor, 8 as Micheal and 10 as Franklin, throughout the whole story I never got attached to one character like I did with Niko and Roman which I feel was because of the lack of personal story based missions and the fact you have to play as 3 people constantly switching.

If you were a fan of the GTA 4 flying and driving you will be massively disappointing, they moved away from realism in the cars and instead went to Saints Row style driving with every car having an insane amount of grip which leaves you almost not needed to even concentrate on driving at all. They unfortunately went the complete opposite way in the flying department making it to realistic, you cant fly a helicopter straight for more than 5 seconds even with the maximum flying stat. This also applies for flying planes. I've tried numerous times to steal a jet which admittedly should be hard but not as crazy as it is on this, I got shot out of the sky while parachuting almost near the clouds by a tank! This level of accuracy also goes for the police who will not give up even on a 1* wanted level for at least 2 minutes, the tutorial says to hide in alleys to get away from them, but guess what as soon as you do this they pull up near you, get out their cars and start looking for you on foot.

I have been playing the online over the last 2 days and I can say I'm un-pleased with this aswell, I dont mind the constant bugs because I know so many people are on it and that its still got alot to work on. Your online character creation is horrendous and virtually impossible to make look like yourself or any human being for that matter. Rockstar also felt the need for each user to be allowed 5 online characters 2 of which are unlocked straight away, I doubt anyone will even use more than 2 character slots as you don't have special abilities or load outs for them and you may as well just play as one person and get there stats up as high as possible.

Overall I am very disappointing in the lack of enjoyment I got out of this game, If I was you I would rent before buying this game and even then with the price it is now just go and buy GTA4 as you will have more fun in every second,
  30. Feb 17, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is the most overrated game of the year, if not all time. Let me make clear, I don't think it's a bad game, it just an okay one. GTA V does nothing excellent in a game that does hundreds of things. Instead it does them average. From tedious driving to unresponsive shooting, GTA V is a bore to get through. Its story line is complete garbage and is a sad excuse of a story.Grand Theft Auto V is the most overrated game of the year, if not all time. Let me make clear, I don't think it's a bad game, it just an okay one. GTA V does nothing excellent in a game that does hundreds of things. Instead it does them average. From tedious driving to unresponsive shooting, GTA V is a bore to get through. Its story line is complete garbage and is a sad excuse of a story. While some missions are fun, particularly bank heist, most of them are just filler to make the game longer. Once you beat the game there is no reason to go back to it. Yea you can play golf, ride a bike, or skydive, but after a couple times nothing new is offered. GTA Online is also falls into its own trap. When you is a world with 12 others you get killed time and time again from guys with nothing better to do. When you decide to do missions, they get very old very quick, due to the fact that they are extremely bland. GTA V is worth a playthrough, but once your done with the main missions and spend a couple hours online, you will be glad its over. Expand
  31. Oct 15, 2013
    The buggiest game I've played in years.

The buggiest game I've played in years.

At its core there is a brilliant game in here somewhere. When it does work it's a great game that's great fun and far more so than any other open world game. However, this game is bugged beyond belief. Clearly it was rushed out to try and come out before people invested in next gen consoles and it really shows. The game crashes during installs, it crashes during loading, it'll freeze as your driving down the street, your character will carry invisible weapons, you'll drive through walls that shouldn't be there. And this is just the story mode, lets not even talk about the horror that is the online mode.

It's the sort of release that I'm sure will highly benefit from the fact that you can release patch for consoles in the modern era. But if this game had come out on Playstation 2 like this, the franchise would be dead,
  32. Dec 8, 2013
    Not as great as everyone is saying. There is a lot to do but you will find the side missions repetitive, boring, or uninteresting. The big map is more than half countryside which isn't fun to explore. Online is okay though character creation is poor. Main story isn't to good.
  33. Sep 27, 2013
    Good, but not the best Grand Theft Auto, the gameplay sucks, driving a car is a mess and fly a plane, is worst. But let's see the bright side, GTA V has an awesome storyline and a decent variety.
  34. Oct 22, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V had my expectations high and it almost reached them.
    Like every game GTA V has pros and has cons. Somethings I have a problem with might just be my opinion, so they won't be listed as pros or cons.
    PROS: +The story/dialogue; even if you don't like the plot of the game, you must admit that the dialogue makes the characters feel very real. +Los Santos. The open world
    Grand Theft Auto V had my expectations high and it almost reached them.
    PROS:
    +Los Santos. The open world is the most famous thing about the GTA series, and this doesn't disappoint! It feels so alive and is incredibly large!
    +Missions, lots of 'em! The story is fairly long, but there are dozens of side missions, and my favorite: the random events that happen are just as enjoyable as the regular missions, and can add hours to your experience.
    +The abilities. Not really much to say on this one; chances are you know about them.
    +The customization! Customize your save into a completely different story than anyone else's! There is so much to customize: weapons, vehicles, and the 3 stooges.
    Now we get into the not so nice part the cons.
    CONS:
    -The missions are very linear. You do have the options on how you rob something, (stealth or loud), but nothing has been more frustrating to my game time than having to land a helicopter EXACTLY on the yellow target area. Seriously, why can't I land it 5 feet away? While there aren't really many ways to go about missions, still, why are we punished for trying something we see just as logical.
    -A game about heists has a lack of them. When there are heists it is superb, but unfortunately, you have to beat 50-60% of the game to really get into it; overall, the heists are too far between.
    -Not noob friendly. Probably my biggest problem with the game is it isn't noob friendly. Now, I had trouble with 20% of the missions, and I'd say I am slightly less than the average gamer, but I know that there might be people just getting into video games, or people who just might enjoy video games but are simply just not good at them, they are not going to enjoy the missions later down the road. But I guess everything is a matter of practice.
    -This is a very, very, VERY teeny-tiny complaint; the women in the game are 2D. Again, this isn't a huge issue, it is just that Franklin and Michael are 2 very rounded, realistic characters and they don't have to look like super-models to appeal to people. But the female characters seem to be nothing more than a pair of in this game.
    Overall I would say this a good game if you have patience for a few things. I'm not fully sure if I'd say spend $60 on it, but if you like open world, amazing character development, and a challenge, why the heck not.
  35. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game can be fun if you want more of GTA, not if you want new and better GTA. In fact you are better off with Episodes or IV... there are glitches and limits to everything. It just takes the fun away. One should be able to have more interaction with non playable characters, go inside more buildings, customize more vehicles; even have more vehicles available. Nowadays it just seems like a new paint job is enough to make one content. Well it isn't. After you finish it, you desperately wonder around and you cannot even go into your properties!! In Gay Tony you could pop in the club and do some bits. I just feel like this game has fallen very short of what it could be.
    It should be an open world game, but you get anywhere and what is the point to go somewhere to clear the grey bit on your map if you get there and there's nothing going on?
    Driving is not sim nor arcade, so it is annoying. Also, I can understand why locked and not owned properties are unavailable to explore, but why, in your own place do you have inaccessible areas?
    Why can we not change the way our character looks any further, apart from Franklin, two haircuts?? What!!!? One other thing that annoys me lots is the distribution of the available properties and garages. Why are they so far from one's house, and why can you not have a car delivered to your in house garage? it is a garage... try this one: buy a vehicle, when your purchased garage is full. Then park it outside to remove one vehicle from within. when you go out the one you just purchased is gone. Now you're mad and want to go back in to see if it is there, but it isn't. Then you go out only to find you lost two cars. Then you think the police impounded it and you get there and you dunno which car it is because you haven't bothered to write down the brand of the car. then you spend $500 releasing both cars and they're just cars you don't even remember driving. But if you got home or meet up with someone and park your car, even illegally, when you come back it is there, even if it is not your assigned car, which is another silly thing. Shame this game has so much potential. I don't believe that it is focused on delivering fun, but merely selling one more GTA instalment. Every game maker should try to make games as if they never had anyone liking them before. I am sorry I purchased GTA V on the day it came out. I could have waited some time for it to be less expensive.
  36. Nov 26, 2013
    Lets start with the campaign. Personally the campaign wasn't anything new, the game itself has been a rehash of GTA 4, simply adding 3 perspectives barely changes anything, even the missions feel a little stolen theft, chasing and killing are the premises for every mission. I felt no attachment for any of the characters, especially since the main character gets slapped around like aLets start with the campaign. Personally the campaign wasn't anything new, the game itself has been a rehash of GTA 4, simply adding 3 perspectives barely changes anything, even the missions feel a little stolen theft, chasing and killing are the premises for every mission. I felt no attachment for any of the characters, especially since the main character gets slapped around like a common hooker for the majority of the game, he has no drive to get revenge usually, and only occasionally turns into the bad ass mafia man we all assumed he would be with constant ramifications. Then the side missions are also insane; smoke pot then go shoot aliens I do believe Saints row beat them to the punch. This game does feel exactly like a coalition between GTA and SR which isn't all bad but means you feel like you're replaying an older game. The main redeeming quality is the multiplayer which is fun for hours at a time as long as you play with friends the solo gamer with find it tedious with repetitive missions and heists, constant wanted stars, and the annoying high levelled gamer who follows you round for the sole purpose of killing you. Even with friends this game becomes redundant after a couple weeks, and I only pick it up for an hour every fortnight. Expand
  37. Sep 21, 2013
    All i can say is that i'm thankful i rented it. I played for about five hours and was bored. I much prefer story driven games. This one seems all over the place. I guess if i tried to stay with it i'd find some good game play but i don't think it's worth it. I did find the scenery and movement throughout the world excellent so i guess people who liked the older versions will love this.
  38. Sep 23, 2013
    The good:
    The story. (was ok)
    The characters. Illusion of a living city. Good GFX for old console. Great sound. The Bad: Only a few and duplicated shops/activities spread around map. Very little interaction with city allowed. Simple gameplay. The missions are a breeze. Only challenge was when first learning to land a plane. Disappearing cars and people when you look away then
    The good:
    The story. (was ok)
    The characters.
    Illusion of a living city.
    Good GFX for old console.
    Great sound.

The Bad:
    Only a few and duplicated shops/activities spread around map.
    Very little interaction with city allowed.
    Disappearing cars and people when you look away then back.
    Cop chases are boring. Too easy to escape.

Summary: A nice looking virtual dollhouse for guys to fantasize in with tacked on weak gameplay.
  39. Sep 18, 2013
    I figure I'd start at a 5 rating if the game was as good as its predecessor; then work up or down from there. If you’ve played the previous GTAs allot, then this game will feel much the same. Better controls, nicer graphics, more verity, and more realistic sound, but essentially the same. This of course is expected (it is a sequel to a very successful game that works on a provenI figure I'd start at a 5 rating if the game was as good as its predecessor; then work up or down from there. If you’ve played the previous GTAs allot, then this game will feel much the same. Better controls, nicer graphics, more verity, and more realistic sound, but essentially the same. This of course is expected (it is a sequel to a very successful game that works on a proven formula) and welcome since it’s been quite a while since I’ve played a GTA game (it is foreign enough to enjoy again). That all said, it still has that clunky feel of old GTA games and it will grow mundane fairly quick if you’ve really played others in the line. If you’ve never played a GTA game then it’s an absolute must buy, otherwise; I’d recommend renting, borrowing, or buying at a reduced price later in the year. Expand
  40. Sep 19, 2013
    Let me start by saying that I have not finished this game yet, I am around a third of the way through the main missions, and completed some additional activities on the side.

Grand Theft Auto V is the story of 3 lead characters and their interwoven stories. Michael, Franklin and Trevor. The 3 character system is a great idea, and I can see the advantages from a story point of view. However, I feel that it simply isn't implemented as well as it could be, or as useful as some of the pre-release footage showed. Any mission I have played to date with multiple characters doesn't let you switch as much as I would like. Chasing a boat with Franklin and Michael was fun, But when Franklin boarded the boat, I wanted to control him, not follow the chase as Michael. Later in the same mission, I would have preferred to continue driving, instead of being forced to switch to the shooter. Maybe that seems like a minor gripe, but the more I have played, the more I see the switching system as an inconvenience. Missions that can only be completed by specific characters, property that has to be bought by the right character, and separate pools of cash and ammo.

The gameplay aside from switching is tight. Cars control well for the most part, cover and gun play are fun, and the tennis and golf activities play better than some full fledged sports titles I have had the misfortune of playing. But I still find myself getting bored. For such an expansive map there are wide areas of nothing. Mount Chiliad for example. Is massive, it looms large as you approach it, and the mountain base sprawls to cover an area not dissimilar to the area covered by Los Santos itself. But it is barren. I have flew over it a number of times, drove past it even more, and have no desire to go anywhere near it.

The game is technically very impressive, with no load screens in sight, however, the resulting frame-rate issues occasionally make me wish the game would have stopped for 10 seconds to finish what it was doing before letting me carry on. Graphically it's competent, it does what it sets out to do, and the explosions are very pretty, but graphics are not this games strongest asset.

The characters are, at least most of them. Most of the characters are well written, well voiced, and have their endearing aspects. At the same time, there are a handful of characters that have bit parts that you feel should be fleshed out more, perhaps I will see them again later in the game. However, I had read other reviews, and from what I was expecting, Trevor was supposed to be the favourite for the player, and Chop the dog was supposed to be a great leap in the 'dogs in games' movement that Peter Molyneux seems to have started.

But Trevor is just a scumbag, and not the funny kind that he should be, but just a straight out scumbag, his motivations are skewed in such a way that it's hard to empathise with him, when he does some of the things he does, you just wish he would stop. As far as Chop goes, I was forced to use him in one mission, which was painful to see included in a game of this calibre and haven't looked at him since, which makes the companion app redundant so far.

I feel like I am focusing too much on the negatives, but it's only because I had such hope and hype for this title, and 15 hours in, I am only still playing it because I have nothing else taking me away right now. (So much so that I am taking to writing a review on a site I have never written on before so that I have something else to do for a while)

It's a solid game, it has some brilliant moments, but just isn't what I was hoping for, and feels like a step in the wrong direction since GTA IV. Perhaps the game will prove me wrong by the time I reluctantly finish it. But right now it feels like there will be more monotony than joy to reach the end game
  41. Nov 11, 2013
    GTA V was the most overrated game of this year, this game is awesome, but gets boring when you've played for 3 weeks. The campaign was funny, the sound, the misions but the story is very predictable and turns bad when you´ve played games like The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Halo, etc. The Multiplayer is full of activities to do, but if you aren't playing with friends the multiplayerGTA V was the most overrated game of this year, this game is awesome, but gets boring when you've played for 3 weeks. The campaign was funny, the sound, the misions but the story is very predictable and turns bad when you´ve played games like The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Halo, etc. The Multiplayer is full of activities to do, but if you aren't playing with friends the multiplayer gets repetitive and boring. This is my opinion, probably you will like this game, but when you play for a month, you will understand what I'm talking about Expand
  42. Sep 23, 2013
    While I did enjoy the exploration the story was at best, muddled. The game milks the initial conflict all the way through the end. There's no plot twists, no character development. My second gripe is that there's no vigilante helicopter missions nor ambulance missions, In short, after completing the game with all the side missions I don't feel compelled to play it any more at all. I reallyWhile I did enjoy the exploration the story was at best, muddled. The game milks the initial conflict all the way through the end. There's no plot twists, no character development. My second gripe is that there's no vigilante helicopter missions nor ambulance missions, In short, after completing the game with all the side missions I don't feel compelled to play it any more at all. I really hope Rockstar doesn't try to charge me extra for content such as this. Expand
  43. Oct 7, 2013
    I want to give this game a 10, I really do, but with the complete and utter failure that is this online launch I simply cannot in good conscious give it a high rating. I wouldn't have bought this game if it weren't for the online, and after losing my character 3 times and finally finishing the 4th tutorial, I now can't connect to my friend's games, until rockstar fixes their completelyI want to give this game a 10, I really do, but with the complete and utter failure that is this online launch I simply cannot in good conscious give it a high rating. I wouldn't have bought this game if it weren't for the online, and after losing my character 3 times and finally finishing the 4th tutorial, I now can't connect to my friend's games, until rockstar fixes their completely unfinished product, I need to leave my score for this game here, because this game is half online, and that half is a 0. Once it gets fixed, at all, the game becomes an instant 10 Expand
  44. Dec 19, 2013
    I'M SICK OF YOUR ROCKSTAR!

I'M SICK OF YOUR ROCKSTAR!

Not only did they decide that releasing this for PC would have been a stupid idea (I'm not considering this in my score however as this is a review for the console version) but then they told us that we would have to wait to play GTA Online and when it was released it was a buggy pile of crap that barely anyone could play. A much hyped feature of GTA Online, heists weren't even released with GTA Online...

OK now on to the game which has some lag issues (Not too often or game breaking thankfully) as Rockstar decided to release this for current gen instead of you know... a next gen console like PC hint hint. And skills don't seem to have much of an effect on the characters at all, not to mention the stealth skill is pretty much completely useless as no missions allow for it and even if they did, you can't drag bodies because that just isn't important at all with stealth and the single-player heists offer you the bare minimum choice usually giving you the option to choose one guy to go with you and he will improve his skills but that won't matter because you'll never be able to use him again.

The water is fantastic and the huge map is cool but I can't help but feel it could have been put to more use. This game is nowhere near as good as the hype would have you believe but it is still a great game nonetheless.
  45. Sep 23, 2013
    As someone who has been playing Grand Theft Auto since GTA I on the Playstation 1 back in the day, it's hard to see GTA V as anything but another formulaic sandbox game fresh off the assembly line from rockstar games. As someone who has played every grand theft auto game except for the London expansion packs it is quite clear that every entry post Grand Theft Auto 3 is essentially theAs someone who has been playing Grand Theft Auto since GTA I on the Playstation 1 back in the day, it's hard to see GTA V as anything but another formulaic sandbox game fresh off the assembly line from rockstar games. As someone who has played every grand theft auto game except for the London expansion packs it is quite clear that every entry post Grand Theft Auto 3 is essentially the exact same game. You run, gun and carry out generic formulaic missions. Grand Theft Auto is nothing but a generic and formulaic series now. With all that said I feel that even though Grand Theft Auto V doesn't offer much to the series, it is still the best entry since Grand Theft Auto 3. This game is what GTAIV should have been. The voice acting and characters are excellent. Los Santos is the most alive a city has been in a sandbox video game. Unlike GTA IV where everything felt like a cardboard toy town, slightly empty and lacking in depth, GTA V Los Santos feels alive and bustling. The ambient sound work is excellent and helps to truly give a feeling of populous and activity. I will continue playing this game for the side missions and exploration but I can't help but be bored to death of this series. Expand
  46. Nov 9, 2013
    Its a decent game. Fun to play, but it could be better. The graphics are exceptional, but I feel the game play is not. It's much like liberty cities, with a few new features. I think you should be able to rob and go in any store. Make friends and actual conversation with strangers. Search the web. Turn only lights on in police cruisers. Vehicles still vanish. Very fast. Nothing isIts a decent game. Fun to play, but it could be better. The graphics are exceptional, but I feel the game play is not. It's much like liberty cities, with a few new features. I think you should be able to rob and go in any store. Make friends and actual conversation with strangers. Search the web. Turn only lights on in police cruisers. Vehicles still vanish. Very fast. Nothing is interactable on the map. People are always towing empty boat trailers The police should have more vehicles. The map should be bigger. There should be more vendors. Cops aren't patroling or have any one pulled over. Vehicles such as trucks and commercial vehicles should be more up grade-able. You should be able to put flashing lights on any vehicle. Multi-player sucks. These are just a few that are off the top of my head. I thought for the time spent developing this game and all of the hype, it would have been much better than what it is. Overall, I'd give it a 5 out of 10. Much like all of the big name games in the industry, its just a newer version of previous games with a few new toys.. Expand
  47. Dec 14, 2013
    As always, rockstar has released an excellent open-world adventure. The driving has improved brilliantly over IV, the map is the largest ever in the series(bigger than all others combined!) and the story line is enthralling. It's nice to see they've finally gone about fixing that annoying random cell phone calls from your buddies. Indeed, You'll never hear, "Hey Niko, wanna go bowling?"As always, rockstar has released an excellent open-world adventure. The driving has improved brilliantly over IV, the map is the largest ever in the series(bigger than all others combined!) and the story line is enthralling. It's nice to see they've finally gone about fixing that annoying random cell phone calls from your buddies. Indeed, You'll never hear, "Hey Niko, wanna go bowling?" in this series, ever. There are several disappointments, however. I'll break it down for you;

My first qualm is with the map. Although it's big(Huge, infact.) the problem is that it lacks the ability to interact with the environment to any real extent. i'd say 98% or more of the buildings are unenterable shells. that's not much of a change from the other series, but i'd have been willing to sacrifice large sections of this huge world just to be able to enter a casino, break into someones home etc.

My second qualm is in regards to the heists. Yes, those heists that we were promised. They're awesome, and fun. The problem is, you only get to experience them in the storyline and never again. The great thing about GTA that has made it stand out was it's open and interactive world. I think that is where the developers went wrong this time, they focused on size and less on interaction and depth. The other problem with no-heists-after-the-story-line is that after that, making money is hard as hell. Considering the sheer depth of new things to spend your money on besides guns(such as customization), you don't have enough opportunities to earn serious cash to fund your extravagant lifestyle after the several heists on the storyline.

My third qualm is in regards to the stock market, i still haven't fully figured out how to use the thing and it wasn't fully explained to me at any point in the game.

My fourth issue is the three character system. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, entertaining and new. But i'd rather have one character i could customize. Maybe buy a house for him, his cars and so on. But having to buy new things for all three characters, such as ammunition and guns etc was seriously irritating to me after the storyline was over.

My last qualm is that they abandoned San Andreas humor and adventure, in my opinion, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, for it's time, was a better game than GTA V. It had more to do, it was more entertaining and memorable for me, considering the limitations they had at the time. GTA San Andreas is still the high water mark in the GTA series, and they should look back at it before considering GTA 6.

Oh, one more, really minor thing. They should have waited several months or a year and just released it on PS4 and Xbone. They could have upgraded all the graphics, etc. It's obvious that the current generation of consoles struggles to bring this great vast expanse of a game to life and it would have been much better on PS4 than PS3.
  48. Oct 8, 2013
    I just cant find any incredible things in GTA V despite of its highly anticipated game, i dont think this should be the game of the year (for me), i dont say that i waste 60 bucks with this games, im just not happy on what changes i saw on this latest gta series, it is still boring eversince, i am only happy at the graphics that i dont think old hag console can handle HDR lighting butI just cant find any incredible things in GTA V despite of its highly anticipated game, i dont think this should be the game of the year (for me), i dont say that i waste 60 bucks with this games, im just not happy on what changes i saw on this latest gta series, it is still boring eversince, i am only happy at the graphics that i dont think old hag console can handle HDR lighting but anyway rockstar made another job well done Expand
  49. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rethinking my opinion of Grand Theft Auto 5 now that it's been two weeks since i've beaten it and thought about the game/storyline. First off will be the negatives. Gameplay is very rough, such as the terrible input lag during aiming that's somehow worse than GTA4's. Cover play is just as clunky and looking at the AI during combat, i see it's not that different either. Repetitive side activities such as golf, jobs or others aren't that fun and feel like a grind for stat raising. Graphics look only slightly different than GTA4, there's just no murky screen filter anymore.
    There are 3 different endings that you chose. It's literally press A, B or C on your phone when the choice comes along. Ending A and B are both pointless when C is a huge Deus Ex Machina that makes the whole point of half the storyline invalid to create a super cheesy happy ending. The humor of the game is completely juvenile thats over the top in use, and dialogue is very bland and at points annoying. (I know GTA is known for this, but it's so obvious and crudely done now.) This includes most of the storyline speech as well.
    The Map is huge, most likely 4x the size of Liberty City in GTA4, but there's a catch. All of this huge countryside that takes up half of the map is covered with trees and practically nothing to do, save a handful of badly written boring side activities. (Collect 20 of these, 30 of these, 50 of these, etc.) Vehicle control is the best it's been in the series, but then there's magically flipping your car now with the left stick and still being able to drive into a brick wall going 90 mph almost unscaved.
    Each character in the game has little to no likable traits. Trevor is a Psychopathic who breaks the laws of physics too open, and can't stop threatening others or bringing up a previous event all the way to the end annoyingly. Michael being the only slightly interesting character, but his dysfunctional family is completely overdone in satire and have some of the cheesiest moments of the game. And finally Franklin, who is basically a CJ clone when it comes to his goals, which is the typical 'get out of the ghetto into serious crimes' approach many black characters are sadly written into with GTA games. Any connection these characters feel to each other matters none in the end and at times seems completely non-existent.
    Now to look at the positives. The 3 character approach is fresh in GTA, and gives players more accustomed to squad play something similar to work with. Customization for almost everything is stepped up in GTA5, this includes cars, clothes, hair, tattoos, weapons and more. This adds a little more immersion and personalization to the game. The murky color filter from 4 is gone thankfully as stated at the beginning. Slightly better face models for characters and view distance being sort of better nice touches. Sounds in this GTA are a step above previous titles, immersing you much more.
    The heist system is very approachable, and a few of the predetermined story missions are interesting and fun. Design of the whole map is great, even if left contentless mostly. Statistics similar to that of GTA:SA are back and characters also have a unique special ability to give them an edge. Property ownership is back in GTA5, similar to that of Vice City Stories, allowing players to rake in currency to spend on the massive amount of purchases ready.
    This review was written after 40 hours of playtime and all single player content was completed. I have no urge to play the infamous multiplayer or to replay the story again.
  50. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well thank god I DIDN'T buy into the hype. This game even not all hyped up failed to meet expectations. The 3 characters Trevor especially was WAY beyond over the top and just stupid and irritating. The Soundtrack don't even get me started talk about pure GARBAGE worse soundtrack yet. Trevor kills of Jonny from The Lost expansion in the first 20 seconds of first seeing Trevor that's some BS Jonny would trash him. The Heist were a HUGE let down there is all of what 4 MAYBE 5 that you get to plan and that's IT?! The mission are fun and the game is beautiful and fun but NOT even remotely worth game of the year I don't care about sale those mean nothing other then people buying into mass hype. Bioshock Infinite and Splinter cell blacklist are FAR more fun in my opinion and id get them over GTA 5. I will say that online hant been release YET BUT if it is ANYTHING like GTA 4 online it will just morph into a damn mass kill fest and get incrediably old very fast. To me this felt like a glorified GTA 4 with a GARBAGE sound track bad driving physicis and glitchy garages (car saves) and 3 main characters that I couldn't ever follow or ever connect with because I couldn't even lable them as anti-heros or protagonists that are all just complete scum.

These are just MY OPINIONS don't get all butt hurt and offended because I DIDN'T like the "best game of 2013"

END RANT.
  51. Oct 3, 2013
    Well i wont be bragging recklessly for GTA V like the most of the fans are doing actually,i'll be honest.GTA V is a good game with massive map and tons of activities but it quickly gets boring after a while.I dont know why but it really bored me to death after playing through a repititive storyline jobs like go there,drive to that,kill that,,blah blah and once trevor appeared i literallyWell i wont be bragging recklessly for GTA V like the most of the fans are doing actually,i'll be honest.GTA V is a good game with massive map and tons of activities but it quickly gets boring after a while.I dont know why but it really bored me to death after playing through a repititive storyline jobs like go there,drive to that,kill that,,blah blah and once trevor appeared i literally turned off the game.Personally i am a huge fan of R* games and even now obsessed with the excellent titles like Red dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 and they never get boring.The driving in GTA V feels lame and playing as a Psychopath Trevor killing people for no reason was a real pain in the bu**.GTA V may have earned U.S $1 bn in 3 days but its no different than GTA IV in a sense that it quickly becomes boring Expand
  52. Oct 6, 2013
    Anyone who has played Dead Space 2 may remember a certain set piece which left Isaac suspended upside down. The player then had to fend off a bunch of attacking necromorphs with inverted controls. Earlier this year The Last of Us copied that very sequence and now Grand Theft Auto V lives up to it's name by ripping it off again. Copying shooting sections from DS 2 is a very bad idea for GTAAnyone who has played Dead Space 2 may remember a certain set piece which left Isaac suspended upside down. The player then had to fend off a bunch of attacking necromorphs with inverted controls. Earlier this year The Last of Us copied that very sequence and now Grand Theft Auto V lives up to it's name by ripping it off again. Copying shooting sections from DS 2 is a very bad idea for GTA V because GTA V has far weaker shooting mechanics.

It's not just Dead Space though suddenly I'm seeing elements I've seen before in Call of Duty and Uncharted. In terms of mission design Rockstar have played it safe here to the obvious delight of the mainstream gaming media who appear to have had their 10/10 reviews ready to go to print before the first prostitute had been whacked.

Grand Theft Auto V is not a true sequel. In reality it's Grand Theft Auto 4: San Andreas. The driving and shooting has been tweaked to make cornering and aiming easier but you can tell it's the same game engine underneath. The jokes are the same too. Republican Space Rangers, Cluckin Bell, e-Cola, to GTA veterans like myself it just feels a bit too familiar and not as funny this time round.

Did I mention there's a few cutscenes? There is, occasionally some gameplay breaks out. The script is terrible. It's mostly shouting, swearing, moaning and arguing with hardly any comedy at all. And there's so much of it and it's so constant it wears you out. With the focus very much on the three hateful characters you play as, the satire of GTA's past is pushed into the background with just one radio talk show.

The game is full of half baked ideas. 'Stealth mode', suddenly GTA needs a stealth mode. Activating stealth mode see's your character creep around slowly like an 90 year old with a dodgy hip. Yoga could have been a rhythm action score attack mini-game instead you just press the buttons your told to pointlessly. Car mods and weapon upgrades again feel underdeveloped. Races aren't real races, rubber band AI stops you pulling away or getting left behind. Just don't crash and you cross the finish line first. Golf and tennis are to easy. Even getting a lap dance see's your chat up lines run out and repeat well before you've finished wooing the stripper making it a chore.

Triathlons are the worst. Running swimming and cycling all require the same input of pressing up on the left stick and hammering the X button. It doesn't matter how fast you press either you will run at the same speed. You will overtake and be overtaken randomly by your AI opponents to give the illusion you are in a real race. Your not though just keep going, you will win. One of the triathlons lasted 28 minutes and busted my hand up pretty good so thanks for that.

I can't say GTA V is a bad game. There was a brief spell during the middle when the map was still half blocked out and the other half was bustling with activity that I felt I was enjoying it. It's not broken, it's competent and above all else it's boring. It feels slow and clunky compared to other open world games which have now surpassed it. You can't really blame Rockstar for playing it safe though, they had a lot of money riding on this and they knew that more of the same would get the job done.
  53. Sep 30, 2013
    He is 150% right on this one.

Marcus nailed. But by the way, I bought GTA V played 25 hours expecting to find some relevancy and all I've got were useless and pointless missions. There are a couple of funny moments here and there, but this is the kind of game that you play and feel numb. It's too much information and pointless missions. GRAPHICS are amazing and there are funny
    He is 150% right on this one.

Marcus nailed.

It's too much information and pointless missions.

GRAPHICS are amazing and there are funny moments, but that's it.

I'm getting really bored playing at the point to quit and return the game.

I'm not the kind of guy who buy GTA just light up the chaos. I like the story mode and how its develop but I didn't get interested on this. NICO BELIC RULES!
  54. Sep 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked this game at first. However, the more I played it, the more I felt that I was caught up in the hype. Here are some of my problems with GTAV after playing for 3 days.

-The car handeling is better but still not as good as San Andreas.
    -The guns don't feel as satisfying as those in IV.
    -Unlikable protagonists and characters. (I have to admit I liked Michael at first but as the game progressed..)
    -Eventhough the missions have improved, it's now heavily focused on cut-scenes, which makes for a boring second playthrough.
    -Cops are annoying. Its such a major pain to get rid of 1 star wanted level.
    -Game freezes which kills the immersiveness and lets you fear whether this is damaging your PS3
    -I alsot feel that they did not do good with the remake of San Andreas city. Sections I love in GTA San Andreas was not acuratte in this game. Seriously.Take a look at Grove Street. Although, the graphics are nice, I'll give them that.
    -There are also a few late texture/buiding pop ins. I ran into what I thought was an invisible wall but it took a few seconds for a fence there to load.
    -Rockstar was disrespectfull with the potrayal of women
    -Disrespect for peoples religouiis beliefs.
    -Repitition of racial slurs. GTA San Andreas was centered around being a gangster and the n-word here was thrown around more in one cut-scene than the entire game. It's not realistic and it becomes annoying.
    -Not to mention their handeling of a previous protaginist-Johnny K.
    -Using submarines and helicopters are not fun.It honestly feels broken.
    -Content taken away (DLC)

Do yourself a favour and get The Last of Us instead. It's way more fun and a masterpiece than GTA V. In the end this game gave me more respect for IV eventhough a lot of people find it the worst in the series. GTA episodes from Liberty City was a step in the right direction. This one was just insulting and boring. I don't even want to finish it and wait for the online anymore. I'm takeing this back to the game store first thing next morning. GAH SO DiSSAPOINTING
  55. Sep 17, 2013
    claudionmc
    Sep 17, 2013
    7 First of all, I really liked the game, and I'm not a hater... but I think that getting a 10 is too much for the game overall. The amount of things that you can do is tremendous, but also the amount of bugs. Regarding graphics, they are "good" (for a 256mb console), but I cannot give them a 10 remembering graphics of metro:last light, uncharted 2/3, gears of
    claudionmc
    Sep 17, 2013
    First of all, I really liked the game, and I'm not a hater... but I think that getting a 10 is too much for the game overall. The amount of things that you can do is tremendous, but also the amount of bugs. Regarding graphics, they are "good" (for a 256mb console), but I cannot give them a 10 remembering graphics of metro:last light, uncharted 2/3, gears of war: judgement or the last of us.

Finally, the IA is not very good, and there is a lot of scripted issues along the game. So that's why I think that a 7/10 is appropriate.
  56. Sep 20, 2013
    Biggest problem I have with this is the controls. I mean driving a car feels like pushing an elephant. It just simply feels like S**t. That is what takes away from the fun. I want to be able to floor that sucker to get away from the cops but if you hit a car, wall, or hell a post then your dead in the water for about 10 seconds until you get the car rolling again. They really need to patchBiggest problem I have with this is the controls. I mean driving a car feels like pushing an elephant. It just simply feels like S**t. That is what takes away from the fun. I want to be able to floor that sucker to get away from the cops but if you hit a car, wall, or hell a post then your dead in the water for about 10 seconds until you get the car rolling again. They really need to patch it and make it much more punchy. Expect power when I take the pedal to the metal. Other then that the framerate is terrible. I really hope they release it for next gen consoles. At first I didn't care for the story but it grew on me. They are pretty hilarious characters and the missions while repetitive (going from A to B and rinse and repeat) they are fun in their own way. I get the feeling the MP will be a blast so long as they have the right content for it. Just please fix the handling of the cars!! Expand
  57. Nov 19, 2014
    As I've played this game a year ago and did the 100% restarted to drive around a bit. And I'm still waiting for this special immersing GTA-experience and can't grasp the hype.
    I'm happy with every gamer who can enjoy GTA V. But what I've missed most is the fun to cruise. In GTA SA; VC and even IV and EfLC I always liked to just drive around and listen to the music. GTA SA K-Rose was best radio station ever. Much later I started the missions because I was happy just driving around..
    In GTA V the map feels artificial in a bad sense. Lifeless, anemic, map limited, uninspired, humorless. Sorry, having to say that as I always was an addicted fan. In GTA SA I always had the feeling of an endless journey. IN GTA V the streets are edged by heaps of interfering stuff which hinders a nice game flow: road signs, piles and garbage cans which is very competing in races.
    The controls of cars and bikes where very good in GTA IV: It was great for MP races. GTA V car mechanics are strange. Whenever I want to go left or right the stick is overreacting. Same with bikes where often the bike jumps to the opposite lane.
    Maybe this disappointing game feeling will change while progressing in the story missions I've thought but it didn't happen. And yes, I've really tried to like GTA V. Hopefully the PC Edition will iron out some of the unpleasant issues.
    Most annoying is the sound of the car when collisions happen with the surrounding. I wonder why R* did not fixed that cheap sound until now.
    The characters have nothing to identify with. They lack the human touch. I still dislike all of them.
    What is getting on ones nerves is this endless driving and driving. As soon as you own the villa uphill you always have to drive to the opposite side of the town. Exhausting!
    And sorry, but the map is way too small... It took me 15 minute to drive around the entire map with a bike! Los Santos is small compared to GTA San Andreas. The problem is that you know half of Los Santos already from GTA SA. The car handling is as feared over reactive.
    I miss San Fierro. I miss Las Venturas. Or other cities. Driving faster causing nausea because the resolution is dropping dramatically (PS3). So I'd to stop gaming after an hour. I hope the special GTA feeling will re-appear some day hopefully in fall 2014.
    GTA V is a PC game, consoles are limited always by outdated hardware.
  58. Nov 22, 2013
    GTA V is a fun game, with a good story, interesting characters and has fixed my issues with previous GTAs (E.G Vice City, no motion blur, arrest mechanic is wallowed down, you keep your guns) and is hellbent on making you feel like a badass. This is the best action movie you will ever play. Wether it's blowing up a skyscraper, doing epic drivebys or just having a simple police chase, youGTA V is a fun game, with a good story, interesting characters and has fixed my issues with previous GTAs (E.G Vice City, no motion blur, arrest mechanic is wallowed down, you keep your guns) and is hellbent on making you feel like a badass. This is the best action movie you will ever play. Wether it's blowing up a skyscraper, doing epic drivebys or just having a simple police chase, you will feel epic. So what problems do I have with this game? Lots of them. The game enjoys bugging out at times, which damages the gameplay experience, GTA V is also a convicted E.G the Merryweather heist, the terrible flying mechanics are also a major problem, and make flying feel clunky, and there are in total, only three or four heists where you actually get any money. GTA V is a game you should definately play. Expand
  59. Nov 29, 2013
    GTA V is a good game yet it does not truly reach the upper scores of 9/10. I have completed everything within the single player domain and cannot help but feel that there isn't much left to do after 100% completion; the few things left at the end are mainly activities that quickly lose interest and of course there are still plenty rampages to go on. The game-play is pretty good bothGTA V is a good game yet it does not truly reach the upper scores of 9/10. I have completed everything within the single player domain and cannot help but feel that there isn't much left to do after 100% completion; the few things left at the end are mainly activities that quickly lose interest and of course there are still plenty rampages to go on. The game-play is pretty good both offline and online. The story is decent but what it lacked was an interesting plot; that been said the interactions between characters at certain times are funny and commendable. The online aspect of the game was repulsive when I attempted to play online but to each individual their own opinion. Many of my friends play it online but I stopped playing due to issues with their servers which oddly enough never allow me to play online regardless of my superb internet connection. In any case, GTA V is a game that is worth buying but not at $60. Expand
  60. Sep 24, 2013
    I love this game, it bring backs some elements of old GTA games. Those who are giving this game 0's just to be complete the game isn't THAT horrible, it's not horrible at all. It has flaws yes, but what game doesn't?. It might not be GOTY worthy, but it certainly is a fun ass game to play. The problems I have with it though is the vehicle controls, their so sensitive, one tiny jerk ofI love this game, it bring backs some elements of old GTA games. Those who are giving this game 0's just to be complete the game isn't THAT horrible, it's not horrible at all. It has flaws yes, but what game doesn't?. It might not be GOTY worthy, but it certainly is a fun ass game to play. The problems I have with it though is the vehicle controls, their so sensitive, one tiny jerk of the analog stick and my car's doing frickin' donuts on the other side of the road. It's hard to make a sharp and complete turn without coming to a complete stop first then stopping. PPL claim The Last of Us is GOTY, that game is not impressive to me in the least bit, it's glitch galore. But we're not talking about The Last of Us. GTA V is beautiful, the graphics are impressive. the transition from cutscene to gameplay is well done and the characters are fun to listen to and watch during cutscenes. Their relatable in a way and I'm glad the protaganists are given more dialogue in and out of cutscenes, makes them more human. Los Santo's looks beautiful, as well as the countryside.. I just love this game and I rarely ever get tired of it. There's always something to do. Expand
  61. Sep 25, 2013
    I'm going to go against the trend here. I'm a good few days into the plot now and mixing up the characters is a good addition and the missions I have played have all been up to the usual standard BUT, and its a big BUT for me. It feels like a game put on as the last swansong for the console generation. I can see why there is no PC release it would have been slaughtered. A massive map withI'm going to go against the trend here. I'm a good few days into the plot now and mixing up the characters is a good addition and the missions I have played have all been up to the usual standard BUT, and its a big BUT for me. It feels like a game put on as the last swansong for the console generation. I can see why there is no PC release it would have been slaughtered. A massive map with large sections largely for show, doors which might as well be walls and generally off the linear path is a deserted one. I'm thinking this is like when sonic the hedgehog first came out on the MegaDrive. Us Master system owners got a version, lacking in speed content and just everything. I think the better version of this game is in it's future release. Running a console version on the PS3 and 360 with the limitations they have done the best they can. the game is stunning to look at and despite dodgy collision controls, long periods of driving to here and there there is some value, I'm just not sure I've fully found this yet. compared to what Skyrim achieved on the 360 (the PS3 not so much) this is still a question mark to me...... To be continued Expand
  62. Oct 27, 2013
    Booooooring!
    I've played gta a long time and they ain't going to the right direction on their games.
    The open world experience is awesome, graphics ain't much better than gta IV but wasn't expecting much better from the old consoles. Storyline are just getting worse and worse. San Andreas is my personal favourite, IV was ok but V is just crap. Only thing that saves my gaming
    Booooooring!

Storyline are just getting worse and worse. San Andreas is my personal favourite, IV was ok but V is just crap. Only thing that saves my gaming experience is the online feature!
  63. Nov 30, 2013
    Very over rated, yet very good. This game receives way too much praise for what it has. Yes, it's a great game, but it's not nearly as good as many other triple a titles that have come out this year. Definitely not 10/10, and definitely not GOTY.
  64. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Is this game amazingly fun. Yes... but game of the year is just out of bounds for this game.
    Grand theft auto has taken a massive step forwards from the austerity that was GTAV. A well improved visual engine and spectacular views are to die for as well as countless ways to customise your characters the way you want. the characters are humorous and have neat little abilities for you to use. Not to mention the overwhelming amount of missions activities you can enjoy within the game.

However this game does have its flaws. the worst of which are the protagonists behaviours. Franklin is the "good guy" in the situation and is probably the most believable/enjoyable. Michael is unusual in that he is sometimes fun to play and other times not so fun. Trevor is hilarious when first met but becomes a hindrance to the fun of the game later.
    side characters in the game sometimes have nothing or little to do with the plot. If you are expecting to meet Tanisha, she will only appear once in the game (excluding a certain animation when you choose to play as Franklin. Tonya also disappears after her missions are completed.
    statistics are useless in the game as they either make you superhuman or do nothing at all. E.g. flying at stat 20 is incredibly difficult. Flying at stat 100 is still incredibly difficult. stamina at 80 means you can run for a while without hurting yourself but at 100 you can run forever? weird.
    Many side missions are sub-par but most are very enjoyable. However I was quite disappointed with the heists. I love the fact that you can decide what to do for it but your crew levelling up is useless as there are only five heists in the game (two of which they aren't needed). Also the last mission was horribly easy. All this build-up for a heist easier than the first? that's not how you end on a high note. Money was a problem in the game. Throughout most of the game you will be lucky to make 6million dollars for each character if you spend nothing. As soon as you finish the game you have 30 million dollars more. suddenly you become over encumbered with wealth and go on a shopping spree only to find out that a 150 million dollar golf course can be bought. When making money was so difficult and dare I say it boring before, why would we want to try and reach 150 mil.

My verdict is that this game is definitely worth the £40 or $50 you pay for it. In fact I would like it if you did play it. But don't listen to all this "best game ever" nonsense. It like a blockbuster. It had a huge budget and gained a colossal amount of money but we all remember the classics better.
  65. Nov 3, 2013
    Let me start by saying, I love the GTA series and it's ALWAYS a day 1 purchase for me. With that said, I was underwhelmed by GTA 5 for many reasons.

Like always, you can see the time and effort put into this game, much like every other game made by Rockstar year in and year out. The map is a generous size and very nicely detailed, you definitely get plenty to explore and keep you busy. I never count graphics into my reviews for a game, but Rockstar certainly delivered there.

My gripes are...

1. Outside of the 3 main characters, there's only maybe 1 or 2 other interesting characters that you interact with, unlike in other releases where I found the characters to be vastly better.
    2. For a game that was supposed to be centered around heists, there isn't that many, and they drastically overhyped how much control and input you have on them, along with being kinda dull in the first place.
    3. The missions are more detailed and involving than previous titles in the series, but the game still seems way too short, and the side missions aren't that spectacular.
    4. The story didn't click with me... this goes back to the "Heist" part, outside of that, you do some mundane little tasks for each character.
    5. The online, while a GREAT idea in theory... not really that well implemented. GTA online is a perfect candidate for something called a "Beta". I'll admit, after they made it somewhat "stable", it was enjoyable for a few days, then it either deleted all of my characters progress (many times), or the cloud storage was down, etc.

Overall, I'm sure rockstar busted their butts to make this game, it just didn't do it for me like the other games in the series, outside of online, it's a quality game like every other Rockstar release. I played through it to 100% completion and traded it in. I thought this could topple San Andreas, but to no avail.
  66. Nov 6, 2013
    Its good but its not great. The story lacks and is very boring for most of the game. The controls are a bit clunky especially when it comes walking/running.
  67. Nov 7, 2013
    I have been a fan of the GTA series for a long time and don't get me wrong this game was brilliant but it lacked content after completion and just felt a little bit empty.
  68. Nov 28, 2013
    To call it excellent would be disingenuous. GTA V is a good game. It has very high quality banter going between characters most of the game and it does have a wealth of content. Main story missions are somewhat varied even if all of the side missions are mind numbingly generic.

The game suffers from occasional pop-ins, a still inept multiplayer experience, and the famous jack of all trades master of none phenomenon. You can do anything which often feels a lot like nothing.

Ultimately, I sunk a week into it and have no inspiration to continue the game. Not something I'm fond of with full price games. Get it on a sale or in an inevitable bundle some day.
  69. Dec 26, 2013
    GTA V offer the BEST open world in a game ive ever seen EVER. it is alive and awesome ranging from the city to the giant mountain scapes GTA V has detail everywhere. You play as 3 main charters Michael the rich dude, Franklin the guy who likes to go the strip club and then the best of them all the psychopath trevor philips. Michael and Franklin are horrible protagonist feeling very weakGTA V offer the BEST open world in a game ive ever seen EVER. it is alive and awesome ranging from the city to the giant mountain scapes GTA V has detail everywhere. You play as 3 main charters Michael the rich dude, Franklin the guy who likes to go the strip club and then the best of them all the psychopath trevor philips. Michael and Franklin are horrible protagonist feeling very weak development and generic with Michael getting a little better charter at the end Trevor is amazing this psychopath dose whatever the he wants and great charter with amazing development ahh i just love trevor. The gameplay is really weak with the guns felling all the same and generic the gunplay is really garbage and with the auto assit running aiming the gun recoil is horrible if there is any the cars handle and drive very well tho with plenty of cars and upgrades to them the story is very weak but the heist are amazing with a depth planing setting up and varying the gameplay. GTA V is packed with a whole load of content that im surprised it runs on the 360 and ps3 the graphics are fairly decent but in certain parts looking amazing. the gta online allows you to go online with friends and take part in missions but where it really shines is the creator mode you can make races and death matches its very deep and amazing. I rate GTA V a 7.5 this game is great but in my opinion its not the 10 out 10 game of year masterpiece but i can see why people would think that GTA V is more of a mess around sim for me i loved messing around making my own fun exploring the open world and chilling with mates in the gta online i can redmond this game to anyone who wants to mess around in a open world and found the one in saints row 4 and Trevor ahhhhhh when the price drops this a defiant buy you need to explore the open world you get alot of play time and fun but the general gameplay really lacks Expand
  70. Sep 11, 2014
    grand theft auto 5 is a great game the open world is large and there is an always endless list of things to do, however 3 characters although good meant each character wasn't able to develop as strongly as Niko & CJ from previous installments, the online mode is good but has problems. the irony is of course it gets marked down not because it is bad but because partly of the quality of thegrand theft auto 5 is a great game the open world is large and there is an always endless list of things to do, however 3 characters although good meant each character wasn't able to develop as strongly as Niko & CJ from previous installments, the online mode is good but has problems. the irony is of course it gets marked down not because it is bad but because partly of the quality of the rest of the series and also because after being delayed multiple times my expectations had grown to a level that the game couldn't reach, Expand
  71. Sep 18, 2014
    I just paid for a megladon shark card and It didn't give the money to me so I think it is **** and a scam I want my money you **** so give it to me!!!
  72. Oct 31, 2013
    They should call this game a tale of two cities. It's the best of times, it's the worst of times. From a technological visual design the game is absolutely amazing. The characters are all memorable and have some great dialog. Now the bad teleporting bad guys and cops. It's so bad that I've turned off the console on numerous occasions. It just happened a moment ago. I came across aThey should call this game a tale of two cities. It's the best of times, it's the worst of times. From a technological visual design the game is absolutely amazing. The characters are all memorable and have some great dialog. Now the bad teleporting bad guys and cops. It's so bad that I've turned off the console on numerous occasions. It just happened a moment ago. I came across a scene where a drug deal or some such event went down poorly and there were bodies everywhere. I found a case of money picked it up and looked around for any threats. Nothing. I drove to the bottom of the hill, got out of my car and two guys teleported in on motorcycles and killed me. This is truly not fun. The other thing is the cops. You get a wanted star for even the most minor infraction (e.g. kicking a car). The cops then teleport in and their cars are faster than yours and nearly impossible to P.I.T.T. Another example, I lost the cops found a spot hidden in the rocks under an overhang and ducked down. 10 seconds later, two cops showed up and wasted me. Their accuracy is amazing. Gone is the ability to just mess around. Anything you do gets the cops on you and that is fun the first bunch of times, but wears incredibly thin. Expand
  73. Sep 24, 2013
    It was ok. Not great, not horrible, just ok. I guess I was expecting it to be as awesome as it had been hyped but I found myself kinda bored and not terribly pleased. The characters were way too one-dimensional, making them hard to relate to (unlike gta iv, red dead) and the story was basic. Driving wasn't bad but i got enough of it in gta iv. The yoga, tennis, etc. was ok but there was noIt was ok. Not great, not horrible, just ok. I guess I was expecting it to be as awesome as it had been hyped but I found myself kinda bored and not terribly pleased. The characters were way too one-dimensional, making them hard to relate to (unlike gta iv, red dead) and the story was basic. Driving wasn't bad but i got enough of it in gta iv. The yoga, tennis, etc. was ok but there was no real incentive to do each more than once. Bottom line: meh. Expand
  74. Sep 25, 2013
    I feel like GTA V is solidly okay, without living up to the immense hype it is flawed in some areas, especially the driving, and the characters feel very under-developed and one-dimensional, but the landscape is pretty and there is a lot to do in the game's big world.
  75. Mar 21, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V. Exactly how a open world experience should be. Cars, Boats, Jets, Helicopters, Strip Clubs, Hookers Cultists, Gang bangers and a crazy Zombie that wants to eat your brain. The game improves its predecessors on a grand scale. More could of been doing to increase the difficulty in the game it was rather easy to get Gold Medals throughout every mission. The HeistsGrand Theft Auto V. Exactly how a open world experience should be. Cars, Boats, Jets, Helicopters, Strip Clubs, Hookers Cultists, Gang bangers and a crazy Zombie that wants to eat your brain. The game improves its predecessors on a grand scale. More could of been doing to increase the difficulty in the game it was rather easy to get Gold Medals throughout every mission. The Heists were fun, but there just wasn't enough! GTA Online is great, but the lag is unbearable at times and even worse when you try to play Tennis. Trophy Hunters, the game is a grind to get Platinum but manageable. Great game. Expand
  76. Oct 15, 2014
    I have never played a GTA game, played san andreas a little. I dont play many games only the best selling and those which are critically acclaimed well. Whether GTAV deserves 10/10 or 0/10, its upto one's personal opinion.

Talking about the positive things, it has open world environment offcourse you can go anywhere and do anything, anytime you want. Story is good but not great. You can play mini games and other stuff (doesn't matter you like it or not). Thats all positive I can say about it.

The game have more Cons then Pros in my opinion maybe because its not my type of game. Negative things include sexual contents, bad morality, lack of addiction to keep playing a game etc. In the beginning i felt like boring, i felt i should be watching a movie instead or any other entertainment stuff. But as i went further in the story, I wanted to know what's next and thats the only thing why i finished this game. My review doesn't matter the game has done business and already well acclaimed critically. But maybe it is the game of generation for those who like this kind.
  77. Oct 29, 2013
    GTA 5 is pretty decent but nothing special either. The game starts off great and steadily moves downhill from there. Not the best GTA by some margin..
  78. Mar 5, 2014
    The most over rated game ever! The whole game was made strictly for people who just want to goof off. The developers gives you an absurdly large open world city that allows you to do what you want just for the sake of doing it. Nothing in this game stands out as bing great. The driving in this game is good, but not great. The shooting in this game is good, but not great. The characters inThe most over rated game ever! The whole game was made strictly for people who just want to goof off. The developers gives you an absurdly large open world city that allows you to do what you want just for the sake of doing it. Nothing in this game stands out as bing great. The driving in this game is good, but not great. The shooting in this game is good, but not great. The characters in this game are good, but not great. Because their is so muc stuff to do in this game you would expect that this game would provide endless fun. But you soon start to get bored and begin to wonder why you're not having as much fun as should. Another huge problem I have with GTA is the fact that it completely glorifys the three things people love most: sex, drugs and alcohol. The problem is that it attracts some of the worst, most immature gamers around. Overral GTA is good game that suffers from focusing too much on trying to give quantity rather than quality in some of most explicit ways possible (you can even golf). Thus keeping it from being a great game. The only reason it gained as much popularity as it did in the past was beacause it helped popularize mature games (and for no other reason but that). Expand
  79. Nov 5, 2013
    This was a fun game, at times. Pros. 1. Map, its huge, oh boy is it big, and if that just too much for you, take a taxi or get into a plane. There is a lot to explore and a lot to do in this game. 2. Too Real? I like how real this game is, ish, specially online, having to get car insurance was a nice touch, but something i wish i had in the real game, but from graphics to language, thisThis was a fun game, at times. Pros. 1. Map, its huge, oh boy is it big, and if that just too much for you, take a taxi or get into a plane. There is a lot to explore and a lot to do in this game. 2. Too Real? I like how real this game is, ish, specially online, having to get car insurance was a nice touch, but something i wish i had in the real game, but from graphics to language, this game feels real. 3. Bank robbery, boy oh boy do i like this part the best. Choosing how you go in, who is part of your team, makes the game re playable, set yourself up for easy or hard, bigger cut or smaller cut, than its getting things together, this is my favorite part of the game, and these are the best missions in the game. 4. ALIENS? need i say more? 5. 3 Players, this was a great idea, everything about the missions or jumping over to a character and seeing what they are up to made this game feel very good. Cons 1. Boring missions. They game had a lot of boring boring missions. Driving or picking up a family member, driving across the map, listening to annoying conversation, this stuff i wish i could skip, but there are a lot of these, and side missions take the cake in this. Its fine to do this once in a while to improve your driving, and where everything is on the map, to do this %75 of the game is bad in my opinion, it makes the good missions look like dessert after a horrible vegetable filled meal, there is just too many slow, boring missions. 2. Glitches. Normally i would never say this is a problem for a game, but when it freezes, or you are stuck in a wall, or taxi wont drive and your stuck in the back or when your car goes through the ground and you can re level, there was a lot of glitches, after many patches, they are mostly gone, but when i bought it new day of, these caused a lot of frustration. 3. The End, the ending was great, i love being able to have different endings, i dont like not knowing and spending a lot of money with one character on cars, upgrades and gun to be very disappointed to find out after that characters death so is the death of those cars. I mean yeah i shouldnt of killed that guy, or saved before hand, but i wish i could have access to his garage. 4. Incomplete. This isnt the end all best grand theft auto, its the prototype to it, with the many boring side missions, and same old same old stuff, it added enough new to make you feel like you are playing a new game, but end of the day you are not, this is just the prototype, a step to best grand theft auto game. 5. Online, if you come into this not %100, you will die...alot...and be poor. Its frustrating, if you are a player whose life is all put towards the online, then i hate you, those players just kill you and wait and kill you and wait, they enjoy being the bully, stealing your money, weapons and making you poor, the casual player will not enjoy this so they will go into the mode the will help you do just the missions but than you are taking away the online experience than. Good Idea, just not fully executed right. Expand
  80. Apr 26, 2014
    This game is so overrated. The single player mode and story I must admit is top notch, but GTA online is literally worthless if you have no friends to play it with. This decreases the replayability a tonne. GTA online is full of pre pubescent 12 year olds that constantly kill you because they must get this game confused with Call of Duty. The map is also a lot more boring in my opinionThis game is so overrated. The single player mode and story I must admit is top notch, but GTA online is literally worthless if you have no friends to play it with. This decreases the replayability a tonne. GTA online is full of pre pubescent 12 year olds that constantly kill you because they must get this game confused with Call of Duty. The map is also a lot more boring in my opinion compared to GTA IV which then again makes the game get boring rather quickly. Saying that, I did pump in about 80 hours into the game in the first two weeks of release, but haven't really played it an awful lot since. Looking forward to a PC release sometime soon so I can play with all my friends on that. Expand
  81. Mar 2, 2014
    It was okay. My problem was with the seemingly ruined driving mechanics. I'm not sure if it was just me, but it feels like they dumbed down the driving a LOT, leading to a rather boring experience in what used to be the centerpiece of the game. Even just going around and blowing things up became rather boring, especially without tons of money to buy the higher-tier items. In reality,It was okay. My problem was with the seemingly ruined driving mechanics. I'm not sure if it was just me, but it feels like they dumbed down the driving a LOT, leading to a rather boring experience in what used to be the centerpiece of the game. Even just going around and blowing things up became rather boring, especially without tons of money to buy the higher-tier items. In reality, it's a ton of different things all done in a rather mediocre fashion. Also, it just felt... empty. It's an odd thing to feel in a GTA game but I felt closer to others playing DayZ than I did playing this game. They tried too much and due to the hideous technological constraints of such old and dated hardware they couldn't do what they should have been able to.

As for multiplayer, you can get considerably more fun on a scale that is literally exponentially larger (2000+ players on a map that's several times larger) for under $10 with the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod.

Frankly I played it on the last gen consoles and I don't care to see it come to PC, and I feel like not many others will, either. GTA IV was the best, hands down. Was just okay at best. Who knows, though, if they do more than port the game and decide to exploit the power of the PC platform maybe the game will live up to its full potential.
  82. MSY
    Jan 18, 2014
    Would have rated this higher if it wasn't for the bug-ridden multiplayer. If it was just based on singleplayer I would give it an 8/10 maybe 9/10 but I can't ignore the multiplayer.

Single player - 8.5/10 The story is fun and the characters interesting. The world is massive but it's lacking something, it's too big. The world lacks character and there is no incentive to explore the

Single player - 8.5/10
    The story is fun and the characters interesting. The world is massive but it's lacking something, it's too big. The world lacks character and there is no incentive to explore the massive map. The graphics are fantastic but there are some pop-in issues.

Multiplayer - 2/10
    Bug-ridden, terrible launch, characters lost in the cloud, countless people hacking giving themselves and many others millions of dollars. Dying was a big problem, especially when you are trying to save, you would just lose thousands and slowly get back to square one. Rockstar intended multiplayer to be played for months, slowly getting enough money together to buy an apartment but all of that became pointless when people started hacking. Not enough to do, many of the races are the same generic bland. Rockstar promised so much with the multiplayer and didn't deliver. God awful.
  83. Feb 26, 2014
    i give this game a 6/10. for me it is overrated. sure the city is big and the graphics are awesome but the gameplay is where it lacks. you dont fell anymore like an unstoppable badass like in vice city or san andreas. but its decent.
  84. Feb 13, 2014
    Decent. Gets boring when you finish it, and online mode is garbage. Worth a rent, but buying it, it's a waste of money. .
  85. Feb 21, 2014
    GTA V is OKAY. Its not terrible its not amazing. after playing it i feel so bored of just going around and killing people, the game-play is just so slow compared to older games. I do play this game from time to time, but for no longer then MAYBE 5 or 10 minutes. I honestly have more fun playing San Andreas, A game released 10 years ago then playing this game. Overall GTA V isn't the worstGTA V is OKAY. Its not terrible its not amazing. after playing it i feel so bored of just going around and killing people, the game-play is just so slow compared to older games. I do play this game from time to time, but for no longer then MAYBE 5 or 10 minutes. I honestly have more fun playing San Andreas, A game released 10 years ago then playing this game. Overall GTA V isn't the worst game ever, but its certainly not as amazing as it is thought to be.

Gameplay-4/10
    Graphics-9/10
    Sound-7/10
    Presentation-3/10
    Lasting Appeal- 6.5/10

OVERALL RATING- 5.9/10
  86. Mar 29, 2014
    This game is great... for about a month. Sure, jumping out of airplanes and stealing fancy cars is fun, but it gets old after a while. The story was amazing, but after you finish it, the game loses all of it's challenges. I found most of the side missions to be quite boring as well. I bought this game the day it was released and I have to say that I was expecting more. GTA online is okay,This game is great... for about a month. Sure, jumping out of airplanes and stealing fancy cars is fun, but it gets old after a while. The story was amazing, but after you finish it, the game loses all of it's challenges. I found most of the side missions to be quite boring as well. I bought this game the day it was released and I have to say that I was expecting more. GTA online is okay, but it could have been done better. I just wish this game was like San Andreas or GTA 4. I definitely recommend it though. Expand
  87. Apr 9, 2014
    After you finish the extremely short campaign, you're stuck with the very boring grind multiplayer where the game expects you to pay real money for the in game money. This game was a big let down to me, but it's not a horrible game. If you can find it somewhere for around 30 dollars, I'd say it's worth that.
  88. Jun 1, 2014
    Now im not trying to be an **** on this site, but let me give you the experience of a guy that wasn´t overhyping/overrating things here.
    GTA is a really great game.. After 1 month, it isn´t anymore. The story didn´t feel like anything special though, but i must say that the characters in this game has a really interesting experience. GTA Wouldn´t have got a so big score, if it wasn´t because it was so extremely popular as it is. The series are legend, the games are always not extremely disappointing us, but giving it 90, 90, 100, 95, 95, 100.. ETC. is really making me thinking "You´re kidding me." And why do i think like this? Because it´s like Justin Bieber, girls are **** crazy with him, some don´t care about he´s music, they care about HIM. He can be an **** but still some people loves him, like many girls do, but the boys are just hating on him most of the time. Think about what i mean. Now to be honest, when i first played this game, i was seriously pissing my pants, even starting my Xbox 360 got me to think "Holy **** I´m going to play this game!" (i was borrowing it on the library), and i must say, that the Design, and Technology in this game was incredibly good balanced, even though that the PS3, and X360 Couldn´t even run this game, but that one little thing that probably pissed me most off, was that i WASNT on Next-Gen, it WASNT on PC, and GTA Earned around 1 Billion dollars on this game (so far from now), but you know what? They could´ve **** earned 1.5 Billion dollars if it was on PC, and maybe if we take the next-gen following 1.7 Billion dollars, then they had alot more profit to a new, perfect art of a game. The history feels like: "KILL, STEAL, ROBBERY, **** SHOOOOOT!!", but it doesn´t have that little thing that makes me cry (as i´ve done to alot of ends in some games). I feel too, that this game is not even for kids, or 18+ Years old people, its more for people around 16 Years old. The physics in this game is one thing i like about this game, and the different vehicles you can drive/fly/dive with.

One thing GTA Was about the whoole time in this game, was to make a Realistic, bloody, ****-the-world, kind of game, and i think that GTA Offered alot of details in the entire game, and it was damn fun playing in 1 week, but hey, let me give you an example here: "You´re playing GTA At summer, you just got the game, and you´re that kind of nerd that doesn´t have anything to do at home, so you´re going to nerd this game EVERYDAY in one straight week, and you´ll keep going, but you know what? The game is slowly getting boring, and it feels like the way it´s slowly killing your fun, because you´re beginning to play online now. You dont have any friends to play with, and the game feels a bit more boring time after time."

GTA Online (Stand-Alone review):
    When you start GTA Online, you can make you character, which i think many people love about video games when you´re playing online. The little problem about GTA Online When you´re making a character, is the way it´s getting you to think "Soo... This is how i can make my character? Well.. Ok." Because first of all, it´s almost impossible to make a really ugly character, and it´s too almost impossible to make a character looking cool, and good. The most funny thing is, that you for some reason just NEEDS to looks really damn ugly around the eyes, and if you´re making a girl character, you can´t extend her boobs.

The main online free-roam is **** annoying. People are trying to kill you EVERYTIME they see you, so if you´re trying to be a friendly guy, they´ll just react like they were the biggest ****s of all time. The little problem about GTA Online was they sweared to every single fan, that you could be able to earn mon ey through being shares/companies, but we got completely nothing. The first thing i checked, was all the they promised us, but not many of the things was there. After some time, they told us too we could rob banks like in single-player. But still this day nothing happened. Now i dont want to be evil through the community, but mother of lord, please stop giving children access to these kind of games, even the main director (this is TRUE words) said that people that gave their childs access to Rockstar games were psychopaths.

In GTA V There´s too many bugs too, not the glitches are bad, but the bugs. Rockstar vs GTA Community was like World War II. People are finding more and more to bomb Rockstar with, even money was beginning to be send illegally to each other. The thing i didn´t get about Rockstar, was WHY they´ve maked so many spots in the game, that people got in because of glitching, and bugging, but they didn´t open it to the game? It was like they said "Hehe! Lets get people to glitching through this **** so they can experience the game another way". It was a waste of time making it like that, even through they had ideas with these spots, why not unlock them?

Final Quote: Dont make things you cant handle
  89. Jun 20, 2014
    This Gta have the best story mode and the best online play of all.Great characters,awesome graphics this is one of the best video game ever.The online play is full off mission cars and others.I highly recommend it.
  90. Jun 21, 2014
    I wanted to like this game more than I did. The open world setting is excellent, and the characters are well written and actually well thought out. But the story isn't great and Grand Theft Auto V suffers from that. Rockstar has made so many fantastic games with a good story like L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption and even the past GTA games, Vice City had a fantastic story! I wish they wouldI wanted to like this game more than I did. The open world setting is excellent, and the characters are well written and actually well thought out. But the story isn't great and Grand Theft Auto V suffers from that. Rockstar has made so many fantastic games with a good story like L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption and even the past GTA games, Vice City had a fantastic story! I wish they would do more of that. Expand
  91. Dec 16, 2014
    If quantity over quality ever applied to a game, it would be Grand Theft Auto V. Don't get me wrong, this game is very good. But it is inescapably quantity over quality. It's part Third Person Shooter but it isn't the best shooter, there's lots of driving/racing but it isn't the best driving/racing game, and so on. The campaign has likable characters (at least about as likable as itIf quantity over quality ever applied to a game, it would be Grand Theft Auto V. Don't get me wrong, this game is very good. But it is inescapably quantity over quality. It's part Third Person Shooter but it isn't the best shooter, there's lots of driving/racing but it isn't the best driving/racing game, and so on. The campaign has likable characters (at least about as likable as it gets for scumbag criminals, anyway), and it has hours of content to keep you entertained. However, the game doesn't have much replay value, as once I completed the story and got all the stuff I wanted, I never felt the urge to do it all again. As for the multiplayer, NEVER PLAY IT WITH RANDOM PEOPLE. The community is full of toxic angry morons ranging from douchey 11-year-olds who are hell-bent on killing you for no reason, to people who legitimately act like Franklin and Lamar from the story (swear every five seconds, talk about drugs, sex, and rap all the time, etc.) It's funny to see it as characters, but when it's an actual person talking to you, it gets annoying real quick. Expand
  92. Aug 1, 2014
    Now let me start off by saying why my review is mixed (even though probably no one cares.) GTA 5 Is there, but not quite. I play GTA 5 fresh from playing GTA 4 on Xbox 360 and PC and I have to say that was superb. The graphics reflecting the gritty tone of the game and the great conclusion, while some hitches were here and there, it was close. GTA 5 is a mixed bag. I feel as of having theNow let me start off by saying why my review is mixed (even though probably no one cares.) GTA 5 Is there, but not quite. I play GTA 5 fresh from playing GTA 4 on Xbox 360 and PC and I have to say that was superb. The graphics reflecting the gritty tone of the game and the great conclusion, while some hitches were here and there, it was close. GTA 5 is a mixed bag. I feel as of having the 3 main protagonists is a bit messy to write around and more or less a cynical choice to make RockStar seem adventurous. There are some fun lines and quirks from the characters but it only seems to be coming from a few of the writers. More or less there're more than enough writers to found a small micro-nation.

But the game also doesn't as enough depth to it as I'd like, I wish to see even more interactivity and more places to explore but I guess that's our lot. The driving is fairly good and is no minor part there. I swear I can notice parts and places were I was driving in the "Cinematic Camera," and I noticed some cars in-front of me, that I would've have crashed into, disappeared before I could, though the pop-out isn't noticeable I still appreciated the little nifty coding there.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the depth of GTA 5 is in-consist because of the overwhelming large amount of people working on it. I know it speeds up production but It seems like that played a downfall to rockstar somewhat.
  93. Oct 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Al ser un GTA, es muy facil que haya ganado esa nota. Sin embargo, me ha decepcionado la promesa del Online. Se suponia que, tal y como decia el trailer del Online, GTA V iba a ser un juego donde fueramos con nuestros amigos a donde quisieramos, formaramos una Crew y lucharamos con otras Crews o bien la liaramos parda en la ciudad a base de atracos o robos para Simeon. Al cabo de un tiempo, el juego se torno lleno de gente que lo unico que hacia era matar por doquier a la primera persona que pillara, o bien destrozar todos tus coches con el tanque. Yo, sinceramente, pense que este juego seria distinto. Pense que el Online estaria mas basado en los juegos de ordenador, donde hay mundo abierto y puedes hacer lo que quieras, con amigos y sin fastidiar a la gente.
    La historia, dentro de lo que cabe, torna momentos muy chulos, pero el final sigue siendo una decepcion para mi. Yo creo, por lo menos, que el final se pudiera haber echo mas epico.
    Un punto extra que añado es que a diferencia de otras entregas, yo creo que se notaban mucho las parodias y la verdad que el juego no me gusto mucho. Habia parodia por todos lados, de la sociedad (la familia de Michael), de la religion (programa Epsilon), hasta de los jugadores (Trevor). En serio, que lo escondan un poquito, nada mas, asi cuando lo encuentres de verdad te hara gracia durante bastante tiempo, no los dejes asi al aire. También puedo ser yo que en las otras entregas habia la misma parodia pero yo no lo cogia, pero igualmente cuando cogia una yo me tronchaba de risa.
    Esta es mi opinion sobre el juego. La verdad podría haber llegado a mas.
  94. Oct 19, 2014
    Los Santos is a vast, sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and once-important, formerly-known-as celebrities. The city was once the envy of the Western world, but is now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and reality TV. Amidst the chaos, three unique criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster inLos Santos is a vast, sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and once-important, formerly-known-as celebrities. The city was once the envy of the Western world, but is now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and reality TV. Amidst the chaos, three unique criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster in search of real opportunities and serious cheddar; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Quickly running out of options, the crew risks it all in a sequence of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life. Expand
  95. Oct 20, 2013
    GTA5 is a very bad game, on many levels. There's only a couple of funny missions, the rest is totally lame (do yoga and click on pop up, really guys and the top of the worse in this poor game is the control... i'v never seen a gameplay like this... Mockstar should have play to other games like just cause 2 or Sleeping dogs: so they could learn some tricks (the shooting phases on car is aGTA5 is a very bad game, on many levels. There's only a couple of funny missions, the rest is totally lame (do yoga and click on pop up, really guys and the top of the worse in this poor game is the control... i'v never seen a gameplay like this... Mockstar should have play to other games like just cause 2 or Sleeping dogs: so they could learn some tricks (the shooting phases on car is a nightmare in GTA5 and so is the gameplay of few vehicule like the helicopter).

the only good point: it's big... but so empty.

and i don't talk about the online part...

1. Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]