8.3

1. Sep 17, 2013
    Outstanding game worth every freaking penny!!!!!! Outstanding in every aspect from graphics story to every little detail the city the countryside full of details and and enormous map that more than lives to it's expectations for you to explore. Best Grand Theft Auto Sequel. R* made another AAA title.
    A MUST for every gamer. Do yourself a favor and play it.
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    What else could a gamer wish? Nothing. GTA V is why I like playing games. Is was 5 long years waiting but every minute was worth it. Eating? sleeping? Not important any more as long as you can slide your copy of GTA V in your console and play the best game of the last 5 years.
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    This is the best free roam game of this generation. Skyrim just its pants while playin this game. It covers a vast area. The city is just the beginning. Liberty City in gta4 is just a little bit bigger than los santos, but when you compare it to the whole entire map it like 10x bigger. One minus about it is the graphics. rockstar is mostly using the same engine. Overall gta5 is perfectThis is the best free roam game of this generation. Skyrim just its pants while playin this game. It covers a vast area. The city is just the beginning. Liberty City in gta4 is just a little bit bigger than los santos, but when you compare it to the whole entire map it like 10x bigger. One minus about it is the graphics. rockstar is mostly using the same engine. Overall gta5 is perfect for any gamer. It shines number 1 as the best sandbox game ever made. It might even win game of the year 2013. Gta online is going to be the best!!! Expand
  4. Sep 29, 2013
    Another Rockstar game and yet another masterpiece. For a game of this magnitude Rockstar have really pushed the boat out on this one, considering we are now around the 7 year console life cycle you will be amazed in how far they have come not only for a GTA title in itself but for also how amazing it looks and feels on an 7 year old piece of hardware.

Despite the phenomenal graphical

Despite the phenomenal graphical technical achievements, the game play has also vastly improved over it's predecessors; Thanks to Max Payne 3 they were able to implement the gun mechanics and now the gun shooting is so fluid and responsive which makes a big deal in a big open world crime game. The driving has also been vastly improved; now I know there is a lot of complaints regarding the driving but in my opinion it's definitely a lot tighter and is a lot more enjoyable and fun to drive compared to GTA IV. The activities are more diverse this time, (respectfully because of the huge diverse open world) ranging from parachuting to jet skiing, playing golf to hunting. There is so much to do, you will easily clock a 100hrs maybe even more you will just have to let your imagination run wild.

However as with any GTA title the story is what the core of the game is all about and I gotta say this is by far the best story/plot in any GTA game ever produced. The missions are so enjoyable to play and they actually make sense now as oppose to some of the mindless pointless missions in GTA IV. There was not a single mission where I was bored and it's very cool to see a lot of references to films of what the missions were based on. The story length might be a little shorter compared to previous GTA titles but I take quality over quantity any day.

All we can wait for now is GTA: Online and I have no doubt that will also be equally as awesome if not better.

So what you all waiting for, if you haven't picked up this title go frigging do it no!
  5. Sep 21, 2013
    The missions are varied and highly entertaining. They aren't all just repetitive shooting missions like in GTA 4. And there are some really cool heist missions.

The driving is fluid and fun, more like the driving in the PS2 games. The side activities like tennis, golf, shooting range are all very fun. Tennis is my favourite. There are many weapons and cars, and both are customizable.

The driving is fluid and fun, more like the driving in the PS2 games.
    There are many weapons and cars, and both are customizable.
    There is a huge world to explore, with submarine, planes, bicycles and much more.
    Money is useful in this game, and it is fun to work your way up to millionaire status

GTA V is more like GTA San Andreas than GTA 4, I personally found GTA 4 disappointing but this game brought back the "fun factor". Everything is just excellent, whether your playing missions or just messing around, its super fun.

6. Sep 30, 2013
    Just immaculate. The characters are interesting, the missions are fun, and the graphics are outstanding. The game is just so addicting that you never want to turn it off, which shows just how good it truly is.
  7. Sep 22, 2013
    Ideal GTA.:)
    This should be GTA4. Five years ago. Beat sandbox. Best of the best :)
    One of the best game of this generation and its beautiful finish.:)
  8. Sep 17, 2013
    GTA5 versus. GTA IV:
    Better graphics
    Better controls
    Better story
    Better alter egos
    The best GTA game so far.Period!
    Hope vision of GTA6 on Playstation 4 will make me another step forward.
  9. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game of the outgoing generation. Definitely.
    The variety in the game just rolls over. It has everything: car chases, great music, great story, and as many different animals. Which have previously generally been in the series. In general I advise you to buy, and if you do not buy, you lose a lot.
  10. Sep 17, 2013
    Great Work, Rockstar.

Great Work, Rockstar.

New game big company "Rockstar" gave a great twist to this year with its latest release, the "GTA V" certainly was improved to its maximum capacity, the graphics editing astonishing at the "PS3", the gameplay is improved considerably, also here is notice the effort and commitment of the company to the fans of the series "GTA", I will most certainly "Rockstar" will hit home to the "PS3", this game gave him a great end to a generation of "PS3", well if you subsequently create more games for "PS3", but what is inportant that left a great impression to the fans of GTA.
  11. Sep 17, 2013
    Ladies and gentleman, this is GTA V, the best game ever made! I don't know if Rockstar had some help from God or aliens or other force majeure, because it seems to be impossible to create this game only by hands of a man. And no! This game ain't overrated. This game is deserves the highest ratings and
    rewards. Man, in this game even the sky is awesome! I salute and congratulate Rockstar, they have made a totally miraculous piece of art. Peace and good gaming!
  12. Sep 17, 2013
    Well what can i say, this is one of the best games i have ever played, rockstar have excelled them self's again, if you liked San Andres and IV you will love this game
  13. Sep 17, 2013
    This game will never end.

The most amazing game this current get has ever encountered. The graphics are incredibly optimized for the PS3 and runs very smoothly! Just mind blowing
  14. Sep 17, 2013
    Awesome game, truly awesome!!!
    The world is massive massive massive! The actual map, the amount of missions, the variety, the outcomes, everything!
    The ONLY downside is vehicles handling is still a bit poor (But i play a lot of racing games so have a high expectation)
  15. Sep 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been waiting for this game for a long time now and I didn't expect it to be this great.I mean, it's basically San Andreas with better graphics, physics engine and overall, eveything.This game is the greatest game of the year, maybe Watch Dogs can come close to it, but no way it's getting past GTA.Only one thing that disturbed me was the torture scene with Trevor.If they had a "Skip this Session" option, like MW 2 did for the No Russian mission, that would stop any hate on GTA V I believe.
    Don't doubt it's greatness, get the game, it's the best
  16. Sep 17, 2013
    This is absolutely the best game i have ever played in my 24 years of living. For all those who are bashing the game are literally brain dead and dont know a true masterpiece go play saints row aka knock off infamous. This game does absolutely everything right!!
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    The transmission between the characters is well made, the city and the surroundings look absolutely stunning, the story line is compelling. Gta V simply is one amazing game!
  18. Sep 17, 2013
    WOW just wow the best game i've ever played... this game will throw me in my cave again for the winter haha! seriously the game have sooooo much variety and sooo much things to do!!
  19. Sep 17, 2013
    I am a seasoned gamer and a middle aged man by now. I have seen and played many games by now.
    I don't really like playing with a controller (I prefer kb+m) or playing on a console.
    For this title I simply don't care. The game is so good, so rich, so full of story that controls, graphics (surprisingly beautiful for an aging PS3) just don't get in the way of full immersion. I challenge
    For this title I simply don't care.
    I challenge anyone to do a better game, I don't hesitate to give it a full 10, just for the sheer amount of content that's in it in day one.
    In the days of DLCs, freeemium, getting such a vast expanse of a game to play with is just pure bliss.
  20. Sep 17, 2013
    Perfect sequel in the GTA series and one of the most anticipated games of all time. Rockstar is one of the few developers that deliver and live upto the hype. I can't call it the best in the series since it depends on one's opinion but its on par with Sanandreas and the other major Gta titles that made Gta what it is today...

A solid 10/10
  21. Sep 30, 2013
    no more no less than the best open world video game of all times. nuff said.

no more no less than the best open world video game of all times. nuff said.
  22. Sep 17, 2013
    This is simply a brilliant game. Rockstar North have invented the wheel all o er again. Never has a sandbox game had this much content and life and at the same time wonderfully stunnig graphics. And of course GTA V is misogynistic, racist, violent and tabu.... It's a satire. And with a story critisizing not just the aftermath of the economy crash but the whole political system it managesThis is simply a brilliant game. Rockstar North have invented the wheel all o er again. Never has a sandbox game had this much content and life and at the same time wonderfully stunnig graphics. And of course GTA V is misogynistic, racist, violent and tabu.... It's a satire. And with a story critisizing not just the aftermath of the economy crash but the whole political system it manages to be smart, entertaining and funny. Buy-play-enjoy. Expand
  23. Sep 17, 2013
    Wow! Just wow. I can't fully review it as I have only had it a matter of hours. However. It is better than GTA4 in every way. Driving is better, Shooting is better more like Red Dead). The graphics are better, the map is bigger...well you get what I am saying. Changing between characters gives a real opportunity to explore more than just a single viewpoint of a mission of situation. ItWow! Just wow. I can't fully review it as I have only had it a matter of hours. However. It is better than GTA4 in every way. Driving is better, Shooting is better more like Red Dead). The graphics are better, the map is bigger...well you get what I am saying. Changing between characters gives a real opportunity to explore more than just a single viewpoint of a mission of situation. It also allows you to travel around a lot quicker. Although cabs are now included from the start and they arrive pretty quick don't get me started on cabby AI .....one thing Rockstar haven't cracked yet) You can also go anywhere from the get go no bridges with police guarding them hehe). The general feel of the world is more fluid and believable than GTA4 Although the cleaner graphics do sometimes mean it lacks the same atmosphere 4 had hard to explain but sometimes in 4 is was so bright it made me happy The stories are good so far) some of the other characters are rather annoying Lamar and such) but they are still believable. It is great to have a dog and watch him maul streetpunks. I have to stop here however as I haven't done much more. Oh and missions are now auto-saved so none of the whole 'lets drive for an hour only to die' moments. Multi-player isn't around until OCT 1 ETA) so I can't comment...but if it is half as good as the single player then I'm hooked for years. I just hope they have better game modes DOM SABO or assassination games modes please). So overall yes I am just 10% in but so far it is epic. If it all turns to crap which I can't see it doing then I will gladly eat my words. So far the main protagonists aren't as likeable as Nico Belic but hey I am a stubborn man and need a few hours in their skins to like them. 10/10. Epic. Expand
  24. Sep 18, 2013
    Possibly one of the best examples of open world game design to date.

Possibly one of the best examples of open world game design to date.

Grand Theft Auto has always been a game franchise that pushes boundaries, not only in their controversial subject matter and take on plot and story following the (mis)adventures of criminals and their cohorts, but also the technical way they achieve their vision in the medium. Starting with their first forays, they pushed new limits in the way a game can be (and possibly should be) designed and have not stopped in their continuing process of evolution since.

Many have argued which game is their favorite in the franchise for either story and/or mechanics, and there is no doubt that argument will continue with this entry into the series, but what cannot be argued is this game may well be the next step in evolution not only of the series as a whole, but the potential future of open world games.

Continuing the more "real" approach to the game that Grand Theft Auto 4 took, this game, in some ways, is more realistic than any previous game. There are moments of over the top action and scenes which play out more like a movie than anything one might encounter in real life, but it is still a game, and sometimes fun over rules real.

Fun is a key word that the developers obviously held high in the making of this game. There are a great deal of activities and diversions to partake of in this game as well as random side missions and missions that are stranger than sense might allow (aptly named Stranger and Freak missions). The main missions are well designed (tho still fall prey to many "flaws" in mission design, such as forcing you to chase someone to kill them when they reach their destination instead of just letting you use your equipped gun to blast them on route, or simply forcing you into a specific vehicle when another might be better) and the story is such that you remain invested in the characters as they develop.

That may be the main draw of this game. The characters are so interesting all of them, from main, to side, to extras on the street that you want to see them develop. You feel interested in their weird over the top, and sometimes disturbing lives and want to see "how it all ends". Whether you want it to end well or end badly for each character is personal taste.

Again, you end up with one of the best aspects of the whole game. Personal taste. Whether it is how you complete the missions, when you decide to do them, which side activities you do, how you dress, what cars you drive, or the hair on your head (and face), personal choice is exemplified in this game. The mission structure is so well designed that it makes the open world feel far more open and at the same time inviting. Whether you are out in the country, up in the mountains, or in the main city, you will always feel the freedom to do whatever you want however you want (even if it is simply a game of golf).

The mission structure does not suffer from the absolute open design in this case either. Unlike some games that have tried to give you absolute freedom to take missions in any order you want, but fail at various points, this game has a way of making it feel compelling when you do the missions, but not restrictive when you choose to take them. The story never suffers from the order in which you choose to complete it and in some ways, completing things in a different order might give you different perspectives and lead to new ways to attempt missions.

Replay is high for this game in the franchise. Not only can you replay individual missions by using your in game phone, but the game offers a scoring system for each mission that rates your completion on various factors, leading to built in replay. In addition, you may want to go about playing from a new save multiple times as the open nature of the structure allows for differing perspectives on the overall play through. Without spoiling it, I will say that you should play through every available mission at the beginning of the game between Michael and Franklin from one perspective first, then on a second play from the other... it leads to some interesting views on missions.

Overall the game is a vast improvement in not only the franchise, but in the genre first made famous by the Grand Theft Auto name. We can only hope other developers (and Rockstar too) pay attention to this games successful points and start a new trend in designing future games in the genre.

If you want a comparison, Grand Theft Auto 4, meets Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Meets Red Dead Redemption (without the old west themes).

Note: I cannot in good conscience give this game a 10 as it has some flaws that probably could have been remedied that have plagued the genre since it's inception. Not fixing these after so many years is just not forgivable at this point... a shame too, because otherwise this game is nearly perfect.
  25. Sep 17, 2013
    In 2008 I was severely disappointed by a game known as GTA4. It had extremely high reviews but was plagued with many issues. The cars controlled horribly, like slippery boats. There were many steps backward in customization. Only a few outfits were available and you couldn't really change Niko, the main character. Pop-in textures were common and really hindered the actual gameplay. TheIn 2008 I was severely disappointed by a game known as GTA4. It had extremely high reviews but was plagued with many issues. The cars controlled horribly, like slippery boats. There were many steps backward in customization. Only a few outfits were available and you couldn't really change Niko, the main character. Pop-in textures were common and really hindered the actual gameplay. The game just wasn't as good as its predecessor, San Andreas. Now we have GTAV, a game that brings back all the features that made the series great in the first place. I can tell you right now that this is the most ambitious game ever. It has introduced a large amount of new features and fixed nearly every issue that GTA4 created. Now the cars have tight handling. The controls are 100% responsive. This even includes the gunplay, which feels smooth and comfortable. The amount of content and world to explore will keep you playing forever. Add in the awesome narrative and missions with actual variety and you get a nearly flawless experience. One of the best games ever made. PERIOD. Expand
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    Best gta game ever made massive, detailed map and lots of entertaining stuff to do. Those who cry about graphics think again its open world you see it, you can go there. It is still looking 2x as good as gta iv. And also it is running on 7 year old hardware.
    As a gaming platform i prefer PC, and i think it will be great loss for humanity not to have version for this platform. But then again it doesnt change the fact that this game is awesome.
  27. Sep 17, 2013
    I know there are a ton of positive things to say about this game, but i would like to point out what I feel is its biggest weakness. The look sensitivity is too way slow, even on the highest setting. Any possibly of this game winning over FPS fans seems doubtful in its current state due to this oversight. This disappointing blunder severely needs to be addressed in a future patch. AtI know there are a ton of positive things to say about this game, but i would like to point out what I feel is its biggest weakness. The look sensitivity is too way slow, even on the highest setting. Any possibly of this game winning over FPS fans seems doubtful in its current state due to this oversight. This disappointing blunder severely needs to be addressed in a future patch. At some points the limitations of current-gen gaming already make me hope for an announcement from Rockstar of a PS4 version of the game. That, with the aim sensitivity fixed, would truly be your perfect-10 game. However, this is still one of the best games available on the current-gen systems. 9.75 out of 10. Expand
  28. Sep 19, 2013
    A great game with many hours of gameplay. I wont go overboard and give the game a perfect score as most people here seem to be doing, or lowball it with a really low score it doesn't deserve. The game is much improved over GTA IV in a few different areas. Mainly the graphics, driving, and stat additions.

While driving is improved and the vehicles are much better to control instead of sliding around everywhere annoyingly, I am slightly disappointed at the arcade style damage and crashes. I can drive around and slam into other cars/objects all day and my car hardly takes a dent nor is any health drained.

Graphically I have no issues with the game and they are improved quite a bit. I am also not experiencing any framerate issues like others are complaining about. Maybe that has something to do with having an older model playstation or something? Driving, running, shooting, and the cinema scenes are all very smooth for me.

Besides the driving my other major gripe is the story/characters you control. The characters are not likable at all, and the dialogue is just awful. It's basically as someone else summed it with Franklin using the N word in every sentence(gets very old), Michael being a whinny prick, and Trevor a psychopath. They could have toned down the cursing as well as it just makes the characters in the game seem unintelligible in spots, and just plain unintelligent for not using better words.

Overall the game is fun, and you will easily get your money's worth even with those few gripes as the open world and other aspects are all great. The online aspect is not out yet, but it's supposed to be a significant aspect to the game which will help as well.
  29. Sep 17, 2013
    Best multiplatform game for the current-gen consoles! It's one massive story that if you don't get sidetracked (and you get that easily) spans over 25+ hours without even touching the sidequests. Considering that the game runs on quite 'old' hardware it can be considered a masterpiece in terms of content and graphics.
    Things i've been missing were:
    -Sniping the moon doesn't change it's
    Things i've been missing were:
    -Sniping the moon doesn't change it's size anymore
    -The unrealistic vehicle overtakes (on bikes). But you can have most of that crazy open world stuff with saints row 4

Things that made me smile:
    -Retro-like cheats (I loved those button combos as a child and now they are back! Get ready to remember those in no time)
    -All those small details that make this game great. The whole world creates an illusion where every piece fits together and after a short time you'll get to love it

tl;dr
    This massive open world masterpiece sucks you in and devours your time like no other multi platform game before. Must have for every current-gen console owner.
  30. Sep 17, 2013
    GTA V brings just what the fans of the series hoped for; a huge open world you can explore with plenty of interesting additions and three interesting characters you can control. The game not only provides a truckload of fun, but it also showcases the obstacles troubled people like our three protagonists have to overcome everyday, both emotional and physical ones. The graphics weren't whatGTA V brings just what the fans of the series hoped for; a huge open world you can explore with plenty of interesting additions and three interesting characters you can control. The game not only provides a truckload of fun, but it also showcases the obstacles troubled people like our three protagonists have to overcome everyday, both emotional and physical ones. The graphics weren't what I expected to be honest, but I am guessing Rockstar had to tone them a bit because of the limitations of the hardware.
    Overall, this game provides us with an engaging story, a vast open world to explore with lots of spare activities to do and three awesome characters each one with unique abilities and vehicles. The only reason why I wouldn't suggest it is that maybe you just might get too addicted to it and drool all over the floor after 60 hours of gameplay.

31. Sep 25, 2013
    A widespread of land that is Los Santos gives you the chance to do things you're not legally capable of doing in real life. The graphics are better, the space has increased and the functionality of the game has improved. Nothing can be said about GTA V except "hard work and patients really pays off." Rockstar has grown to become one of the best video game creators in history and with theirA widespread of land that is Los Santos gives you the chance to do things you're not legally capable of doing in real life. The graphics are better, the space has increased and the functionality of the game has improved. Nothing can be said about GTA V except "hard work and patients really pays off." Rockstar has grown to become one of the best video game creators in history and with their latest installment in the franchise, we wonder what they will come up with next? Expand
  32. Sep 17, 2013
    about 10% into the game.. completed 1st heist... up to the heist cash was hard to come by, especially for Franklin... thus far, a well rounded game... only improvement I would make would be the tageting 'dot'.. it's a little small... maybe the 'holo-graphic dot' would have been better...

love the humor and spoofs at "the american dream"
  33. Sep 17, 2013
    It appears to be a lot of nay sayers in these review, I'm never opposed to adversity, but when it comes from the mouth of the ignorant, It's simply belligerent. Not a single one of the bad reviews gives a solid reason, they all simply complain about the graphics or having to play as a "bad-guy misogynist", and then afford the game a 0. I'm absolutely glad they aren't real reviewers. TheIt appears to be a lot of nay sayers in these review, I'm never opposed to adversity, but when it comes from the mouth of the ignorant, It's simply belligerent. Not a single one of the bad reviews gives a solid reason, they all simply complain about the graphics or having to play as a "bad-guy misogynist", and then afford the game a 0. I'm absolutely glad they aren't real reviewers. The game is not only great for a GTA game. It's great for a game period, The map is gigantic of course, and it isn't mostly just filler like some games I know, *cough* skyrim. The gunplay is fantastic for and OtS game, very responsive, the game is long, and will offer alot of replay value, not to mention the free gtaonline that releases to us later, all in all It's generally hard to get me to admit spending 60 on a launch title is a good idea, but this game is worth every penny. Expand
  34. Sep 17, 2013
    Certainly the best game for this generation. Overall the games is perfect, the physics, all the activities and things to do. The story is great, and the script is awesome. Simply the best game of the series.
  35. Sep 18, 2013
    This aint your father's GTA...as it's been stated already, the major difference with number Five is the ability to change main characters, opening new missions and side missions. It is still basically Grand Theft Auto centering on stealing cars, gunfights, revenge, more f-bombs than Scarface, and not PC in any way shape or form. But the gameplay and graphics are polished to nearThis aint your father's GTA...as it's been stated already, the major difference with number Five is the ability to change main characters, opening new missions and side missions. It is still basically Grand Theft Auto centering on stealing cars, gunfights, revenge, more f-bombs than Scarface, and not PC in any way shape or form. But the gameplay and graphics are polished to near perfection. Expect to spend a LOT of time exploring this baby. Expand
  36. Sep 17, 2013
    This Game's truly a masterpiece. Everything seems smooth and belonging together, starting from the excellent 3 characters, their personality, their voice, their movements, just everything. Then teh World, this unbelievable huge, content-stuffed masterpiece; you can find something new everywhere, there's so much to discover, it's like chasing butterflies in skyrim, same goes for GTA V.This Game's truly a masterpiece. Everything seems smooth and belonging together, starting from the excellent 3 characters, their personality, their voice, their movements, just everything. Then teh World, this unbelievable huge, content-stuffed masterpiece; you can find something new everywhere, there's so much to discover, it's like chasing butterflies in skyrim, same goes for GTA V. Every second you spend in the Game is fascinating and seems unique, the missions are a huge amount of fun and they finally managed to improve the variety greatly!
    This Game's definitely one of the best games i played in the last 15 Years!
  37. Sep 17, 2013
    People need to stop yelling GOTY at this game, because that title belongs to The Last of Us. GTA V is a great game, but it just doesn't have the same level of polish and immersion as the TLoU. Period. That being said, the world is massive and there's a ton of stuff to do. R* did manage to improve upon many of the mechanics presented in GTA IV, but at times, it will seem a bit repetitive.
  38. Sep 17, 2013
    What an absolutely incredible game.

What an absolutely incredible game.

I luckily received the game early to review it for a smaller gaming journalism website and I legitimately feel that this is the best game i've played in these eight years of the seventh console generation, perhaps even of all time. I hope I don't lose any manpoints but I am happy to tell you that at a certain point of the game (avoiding spoilers) I shed a tear. This isn't just a video game, it's artwork.

Regardless of the consoles it has been released for, this game isn't just a 'taste' of next-gen... it IS next-gen.

(Be wary. It seems that the trolls are out in droves and giving it a negative userscore to lower the average. Likely PC users who won't have a chance to play the game for a very long time. My heart *bleeds*.)
  39. Sep 18, 2013
    Hats off to Rockstar North whom have taken the lessons learnt from San Andreas, IV, and Read Dead Redemption to create a game that is extremely well crafted and incredibly polished. Although the game mechanics are amazing, the sandbox world is beautifully rendered and the storyline amusing, I cannot help feeling I have played it all before, and here lies perhaps the games only negative.Hats off to Rockstar North whom have taken the lessons learnt from San Andreas, IV, and Read Dead Redemption to create a game that is extremely well crafted and incredibly polished. Although the game mechanics are amazing, the sandbox world is beautifully rendered and the storyline amusing, I cannot help feeling I have played it all before, and here lies perhaps the games only negative. There is little new or surprising elements in the gameplay; no new standout, amazing technological breakthrough. It can best be compared to the new iPhone 5s, which is a little bit faster, has a slightly improved camera and is a touch better looking but is still essentially the same as my old iPhone 4. Perhaps the hint is in the title, GTA V, which implies it's the continuation of a theme and my expectations for some glimmer of true originality are set too high. Instead I should just sit back and enjoy the game for what it is, the best iteration of the title to date where every aspect is implemented to its fullest potential. Expand
  40. Sep 17, 2013
    This is by far the best and most ambitious title i have played this generation and its a mayor improvment over GTA IV. Combine the best parts from San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, some Max Payne 3 add some new extra features and you got this game. The level of the detail and the effort to make this game is mind blowing. It cant be any other than a 10/10 game.

I was hyped about

I was hyped about this game and it exceeds my expectations.
  41. Sep 17, 2013
    The journey of the three protagonists and their pursuit of the dollar in the beautiful, sun-drenched state of San Andreas is a breath taking experience. Quite simply put, this is the best video game I have played for the current generation of consoles.

EDIT:

It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans. For the time being, i'd disregard the user score.
  42. Sep 18, 2013
    Having played a few previous GTA 3 and GTA Vice City, I can say that I had never been impressed with Grand Theft Auto. Often, the open world would leave me bored as I would not be drawn into the story enough to keep moving forward. Combined with the time necessary to travel, repetitiveness of the missions, I felt as though I would never play open world games again.

After much time

After much time though, I saw the trailer for Grand Theft Auto V. The trailer looked stunning featuring planes, scuba diving, and multiple playable characters. After reading about the improvements Rockstar, the developer, has made in other games (Red Dead Redemption, Midnight Club, and LA Noir) I knew that it would be unfair to write this off as "just another GTA". Upon putting in the disc (PS3), you are greeted with an 8GB installation. This took about 15 minutes on my PS3 Slim, your mileage may vary though. The game immediately begins with the characters in a fantastic tutorial that not only introduces some characters, but also gets you intrigued by the plot early. The tutorial is interesting and fun, though the tutorial text in the upper left of the screen was hard to read on my screen (1080i on a 42" Plasma TV). This was easily supplemented fixed by the print manual or the iOS "GTA Manual" application but did lead to an unnecessary death rather early in the game.

Upon playing this, you immediately will notice that many of the controls have been refined in comparison to previous GTA games. The shooting feels much tighter (it's easier to aim clearly and quickly, switching weapons is simple and doesn't get in the way), the driving is better (cars and trucks feel as though they drive like the type of car they are. Sports car handle amazingly while a tow truck is much slower and harder to maneuver). This makes for a much more enjoyable experience and thus far in my travels have fixed the issues I have had.

Unlike previous games, this also features one huge update, a quick save/autosave which fixes the need to drive for 15 minutes each time you fail a mission. Now, you can pick it back up and keep trying making the game more involved and less repetitious.

The graphics in Los Santos, the city in which GTA V occurs, are fantastic. Explosions feature depth and clarity, the characters are well detailed and thus far I have not seen any technical issues where textures appear randomly. The views from the different parts of the city are amazing as well, with nice sunsets and sunrise, beautiful villas, and more.

The audio is fantastic as well, featuring Dolby Digital surround sound, which uses all the speakers to create a wonderful and involving soundtrack. Whether providing off-screen directional cues, subtle background noise, or enveloping you in your favorite radio station, Grand Theft Auto V provides a wonderful soundstage.

Overall Grand Theft Auto V feels like a new game. With the revised controls, improved graphics, and new mechanics, I feel like this game address most if not all of the biggest issues I have with open world video games. The story thus far is captivating and enticing and is keeping me coming back for more. I would highly recommend this game even if you do not consider yourself a huge fan of previous entries into the series. I hope you enjoy this game as much as I am.
  43. Sep 17, 2013
    I will say that the story line is very innovative. The massive world became a instant escape from reality so much to do play tennis play golf (which Ive never been so excited to actually play golf) Driving was very fluent and easy to control I hate playing the others where im crashing everywhere. The gun play is easy and comfortable for a non gun gamer. It has decent amount of replay valueI will say that the story line is very innovative. The massive world became a instant escape from reality so much to do play tennis play golf (which Ive never been so excited to actually play golf) Driving was very fluent and easy to control I hate playing the others where im crashing everywhere. The gun play is easy and comfortable for a non gun gamer. It has decent amount of replay value I hope the Online changes my mind on that. I dont really consider a goty for me persay but I do think its one thats it up on that list. Expand
  44. Sep 17, 2013
    A near perfect came. Minus the shooting while driving mechanics. A complete redemption from GTA 4. Moving between characters is easy. Great graphics, good story so far. Contacts not irritating like GTA 4. A must buy.
  45. Sep 17, 2013
    This is no doubt the best in the series, but like any game. It can't be perfect. You start off with Michael and Franklin for the first few hours. Everything isn't unlocked from the beginning, you unlock activities by completing missions with the three protagonists. I have been playing for merely six hours and I have uncovered a small fraction of the map and I'm only 7 completed.At theThis is no doubt the best in the series, but like any game. It can't be perfect. You start off with Michael and Franklin for the first few hours. Everything isn't unlocked from the beginning, you unlock activities by completing missions with the three protagonists. I have been playing for merely six hours and I have uncovered a small fraction of the map and I'm only 7 completed.At the very beginning it throws you into the action. The mechanics are much much improved from previous games and has a Midnight Club/ Max Payne vibe to it. (Previous Rockstar games) The controls will take awhile to get used to. Even if you played GTA IV for hundreds of hours...You'll still have a hard time adjusting. The controls are a bit more tight and fluent and the cars have appropriate weight with them...If your at all like me...All you wanted to do was to drive around in sports car getting to know your surroundings. There are countless things to do in Los Santos...All within a 20 year period. (Grand Theft Auto timeline) It took me an half hour just to play two games of tennis, and I enjoyed every second of it. I spent a while doing taxi fairs just so I could scrape up some money and get Franklin a haircut. If you loved any of the previous Grand Theft Auto game, you will with this one. There are some texture pop-ins sometimes but that really only happens if your going real fast in a vehicle. I can't tell you what is all in the game, for this is just a written review. But, I hope this helped what you think of Grand Theft Auto V. If you have any questions, just ask and i'll be able to answer them. Expand
  46. Sep 17, 2013
    It can't top two hot chicks making out in front of you. I mean, two really hot chicks, and you know them both. The only way that gets better is if they bring you home. The game is pretty cool too, I guess.
  47. Sep 17, 2013
    Perfect Game for the Current Generation.

Perfect Game for the Current Generation.

I played a lot of games with a lot of hype built around it, and I'd say this is the first game to truly exceed my extremely high expectations! Everything R* tried to accomplish, they hit a bullseye with. The scope of Los Santos is the largest of any game made, period. The world is full of possibilities and things to do, unlike GTA IV, and it is endlessly fun like GTA San Andreas. The characters are the most developed and interesting in this one than all of GTA (Next to Niko Bellic). The story has some of the best set pieces and hilarious interactions, seriously, this is one of the funniest games I've ever played. Playing the game is exhillieratingly fun and Epic, everything feels refined and realistic such as the Car driving which is now completely enjoyable.

The score is brilliant, graphics breathtaking, gameplay over the top ridiculously fun and the amount of hours you spend on the game just flys by. This is not only my favourite in the GTA franchise, but one of my favourite games of all time.

You done it again Rockstar Games, job well done!
  48. Sep 17, 2013
    How do you define Genius?? The answer must be GTA V!! The experience of this game defines what this generation of consoles is best at by trial and error learned over the years and proves it with a satirical, dark universe that is propelled by the stories of the three main characters--- in this case the sum of the parts is the total enjoyment that is so much fun....Be warned though, youHow do you define Genius?? The answer must be GTA V!! The experience of this game defines what this generation of consoles is best at by trial and error learned over the years and proves it with a satirical, dark universe that is propelled by the stories of the three main characters--- in this case the sum of the parts is the total enjoyment that is so much fun....Be warned though, you will be enthralled by challenges that are never repetitive and so entertaining and you will be truly spoiled.... Expand
  49. Sep 17, 2013
    This game has the same problem GTA IV had, the world may be large but the game has nothing to do other than the activities, i will adjust my score when the MP comes out.
  50. Sep 18, 2013
    When I first put gta5 in my ps3, expectations where high. I can say that GTA is one of those games that has always been better than the sum of all its parts...and man, there are MANY of these parts in this one. You can literally spend hundreds of hours outside of the main mission.

Having 3 main characters is awsome and the gameplay elements that this brings to the game is groundbreaking. Be ready for exeptionals on the edge of you'd seat missions. It is also great that the objectives are varied and range from simple 3 minutes walk to elaborate heist set up.

Controls are a bit clumsy, as usual, but the shooting and cover mechanics are greatly improved over gta4. Think red dead redemption. Thank god they fixed the check point system so we don't have to make the same 10 miles drive over and over again. There is even an option to skips a mission if you find it to hard. Its a great option for the casual gamers, preventing someone to be stuck for hours and eventually give up on the game.

In the graphics department, this game pushes the ps3 to its limits. Some other titles are prettier but don't have the sheer size of GTA. Fly a plane over Los Santos a night and you will realize that this game is in a class of its own.

A must buy for every gamer. Its not a perfect game but its damn close. The most bang for your buck this generation.
  51. Sep 17, 2013
    It's a big impressive game but when it comes down to it it simply isn't that fun. Grand Theft Auto fans will likely be pleased but it didn't convert me.
  52. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is great for an open world experience but when it comes to raw gameplay, it grows boring. Gameplay is such a key aspect of a video game and this one's grows tiresome before long.
  53. Oct 2, 2013
    Don't listen to the fan boys, I'm re-reviewing after initially giving this game a solid 7. The single player is good value, apart from the low frame rate everything else is pretty fun. Online mode is a joke, once you get online lots of people can't for obvious and understandable reasons it's nothing more than a fancy lobby for death matches, racing minigames and mindless robbing ofDon't listen to the fan boys, I'm re-reviewing after initially giving this game a solid 7. The single player is good value, apart from the low frame rate everything else is pretty fun. Online mode is a joke, once you get online lots of people can't for obvious and understandable reasons it's nothing more than a fancy lobby for death matches, racing minigames and mindless robbing of stores. You do these activities to earn money, to buy cars, houses, garages to set you up for the heists which are not included just yet. A free DLC at a future date will be released with this content available.

The combat is awful, auto aim, and free roam is like a ghost town, 16 players in a map so large. It can only really be played with friends.

Not what i expected.
  54. Oct 1, 2013
    I must revise my original 10/10 review, sadly. On October 1, 2013, Rockstart unveiled the online component of GTA5, and it is nothing more than a microtransaction rip-off scheme, just like so many other promising but ruined games of this era. What may have been the best game ever made, reveals itself to be nothing more than a pay-to-not-be-terribly-inconvenienced scheme designed toI must revise my original 10/10 review, sadly. On October 1, 2013, Rockstart unveiled the online component of GTA5, and it is nothing more than a microtransaction rip-off scheme, just like so many other promising but ruined games of this era. What may have been the best game ever made, reveals itself to be nothing more than a pay-to-not-be-terribly-inconvenienced scheme designed to frustrate the player into shortcutting a horrible and boring grind in favor of buying your way to in-game success. The game gives you a choice: Boring, repetitive grind for in-game cash....or just buy your way to "fun" with your real money. This explains the incredibly high prices of in-game stuff....and the difficult time you have earning money. It is designed to be too boring to play without spending on microtransactions. And why not, from a corporate perspective? The customer pays once...then again and again! Brilliant, if you're an accountant. Terrible if you are a fan of full, complete, and immersive gaming experiences. The single player campaign is fun though. GTA 5 just has zero replay value now, unless microtransactions are removed. Expand
  55. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA5 is essentially what GTA4 should have been. However the gameplay grows boring after a while. And it got to the point that playing a psychopath senselessly killing people made me turn off the game. I'm sure it will please fans of the series but it definitely not GOTY like so many say
  56. Oct 17, 2013
    Most depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shoot someone,Most depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shoot someone, steal some money, goto a clothes shop, buy a burger, swim around, use the cheats....Nee naw nee naw, some (as the game puts it) swearing non stop YAAAAWWWWNNNNN....They just promote it to make money ...One big cash in. The game is rubbish!
    Ok so the latest GTA game, number 5... First off, EVERYTHING you do in this game takes AGES. This is very clearly a game for people with no life whatsoever. Installing the game takes ages, you will spend hours trying to be able to save the game because it throws you into one boring mission after another (which entails driving around a massive landscape that all looks the same in a boring car (which all steer the same)). You complete the mission which goes on and on with endless chit chat and a (as the game puts it), saying 'pus£y as£ motha£u£in homeboy hoe' and 'move chor bi$ch as% fatherfu&ker homey' and 'whut id it wit choo (and such things non-stop throughout the game). It will do your head in that much you would rather the main characters got killed instead. Just a bunch of idiot main characters with nothing about them to like. You will murder, steal etc and all the time not give a toss about the person you are playing as...Just pointless. The game is racist, sexist, full of filth, corruption and murder. It's seedy and depressing. It's not a true representation of real life at all. When have you ever heard a rea; 'coloured' guy talk like these idiots they dig out for games and movies? It's like having Samuel Sackson in die hard 3 and an angry coked-up Eggie Murphy shouting in your ear for hours on end... And again it's been done and been done better before. We had all this nonsense in San Andreas with 'CJ'. 'Hey dat man chillin in ma crib homey' stupid talking rubbish. Again; It's impossible to relate to the characters because they are rapists, idiots, thieves and murderers (and worse)...Just scum. The radio drives you off your head and how anyone with an actual real life can play this game I will never know....I mean it's so unnecessarly detailed you can even choose the ringtone on your fake phone in the game or take photos with the phones camera, check texts, messages online etc. It's just too much for a game. Fake girlfriends, fake friends etc etc. Wtf? Get a life folks! The strip club is a joke. I mean if they are going to have all that stuff why not just go the full hog and put in detailed sex etc instead of beating around the bush with a bit of tittie here and there? The game is just a cop out. It can't even do the violence and sex thing right without shi&&ing out. As I said, EVERYTHING takes ages in this game. I went to play it online thinking "I've got an hour to kill (before i went out to live in the real world"...But It went on and on and on with some coloured guy showing me around (another idiot) saying this, that, sh^& hoe bit&hin motha&^ka that for hours again, only to drop me somewhere in the world with more criminal activity to do as I controlled another lowlife (myself this time which i created with the character creation which is also totally rubbish (you pick your granny and grandad and their granny and grandad to get your looks). I played the game for a few hours (which was pretty good going) and after all the drugs, violence and utter boredom I was begging someone to take me into the shops to trade the (sh%t) game in...I couldn't wait! The main characters are cowards too which makes it even more unbearable and when angry go into little girlie hissy fits etc...They reminded me of wanabees on x factor getting told they can't sing and then they go all spotty and teenage and display their little temper tantrums....Just pathetic. I usually buy these games to drive around the virtual world with my steering wheel. On this game the wheel doesnt work (it works with every other car game). Nothing of use actually works in this game. Even the cheats are rubbish. No lock wanted level, nothing. Your forced to just play the dull, sick storyline. Who wants to play a game hearing throughout non-stop some bit$% as£ hoe, complain about their sad life all the way through a game? There are 3 characters in this game...3 whingers that do nothing but complain about their rubbish pathetic lives and see violence and behaving as an idiot as the only way out. They all have mental issues and see phychologists, take drugs, drink etc. Hardly a cheery game and not something I would pollute my mind with. I took this back to the shop the next day, sorry I ever bought it. Everything about this game bored me stupid
  57. Oct 6, 2013
    By far the worst online launch for a video game in the history of all online launches. If not being able to connect the first couple days and having a completely broken PS3 version, any progress that was made afterwards was met with having my character deleted. This is an open beta product and we were swindled into thinking this was a completed product.
  58. Sep 19, 2013
    Not even game of the year for PS3, that belongs to TLoU which is an original franchise. This has all been done before! With less glitching and pop-in. Dark Souls has way more challenge, gameplay, and more story for one character than GTA V has in its entirety!
  59. Sep 23, 2013
    Quite possibly the most disappointing release I've ever experienced.

Quite possibly the most disappointing release I've ever experienced.

I could have easily given the game a 7 or 8 but after the hype of this thing its just pathetic. I have played every single GTA since the first one. This is the worst one ever made. Here's the main issue, this game is not fun... People can sit there emotionless and list all the "features" of the game but it can have it all it wants, it doesn't make the things your listing fun to do. The driving physics have been completely destroyed. You could be drving a SUV or a Ferrari, it doesn't make a difference at all. All the cars go extremely fast, and you don't even ever need to brake to go around a turn. Just let go of the gas and turn. Every vehicle is the same cartoonish ride. Its as if they've taken every single feature of previous games, ruined them, and then put them into the game. The unarmed combat system is destroyed. Shooting is the same as ever. I mean dear god... I thought GTA 4 was going to be my least favorite GTA game ever but... no sir. GTA 5 is a pointless shell of a game. The easiest way I can break this down for somebody who is looking at these reviews for the purpose of being actually concerned about the quality of the game, I can say this with 100% full confidence: Red Dead Redemption is a better game. Sleeping Dogs was better. and GTA 4 was better in my opinion as well. The only good thing about this game is the story is quite different for a while then previous GTA games, but quickly devolves into the same old stuff. This is really quite dissapointing for me as I can't really think of any other game company I like more than R*. They've made quite a few of my favorite games of all time. They just dropped the ball on this one to please the masses i guess. I really do not like this game... Its boring.

Now, when GTA online comes out that might be a little more "interesting" considering the way the game is designed. It seems like they may have sort of neglected the single player in a lot of areas in order to focus on the online element.
  60. czg
    Sep 20, 2013
    This is a first impression review. I try to remain balanced, but hell, why shouldn't I just went it?...

In all honesty, I think this game is, well, a rather misplaced, overblown piece. I have played with GTA3, Vice City, GTA4, TBOGT, and I wonder: where is the writer who the characters of those games? Because the ones in this game are clearly inferior even to the mute protagonist of

I have played with GTA3, Vice City, GTA4, TBOGT, and I wonder: where is the writer who the characters of those games? Because the ones in this game are clearly inferior even to the mute protagonist of the good ol' 3.
    The humourless figures of Michael and Franklin are even more aggravated by the retarded brutishness of Trevor. IT IS NOT FUN to play a psycho, who is just, well, a psycho.

Then there are the controls and the difficulty curve. I am not a pro gamer, though neither a casual one. Simply, when I play a game I like to relax. However, in GTA5 you need constant retries to finish a mission from the beginning of the game. On Easy difficulty. I know, I'm lame, but y'see, there are people who play games for relaxation, as they have other things to do during their day. The game's difficulty curve is choppy, too.

And finally, that comes from the most expensive game ever?! Wow. It seems to me that the testers had to be all hardcore and most importantly, retarded GTA fans. It seems they and the production team have became so self-obsessed that no one considered that the game may need more, much more depth, and with an 18 y.o. PEGI rating it has to appeal to the adult gamers and not just to desensitised teens.

But, since I am also a film and 'story' fan, let me rant a bit more about the characters...
    The choice of playing three characters is a brave new innovation, so there's no mistake there. But they are kind of lacking... why? Well, Michael is the only one who you can consider balanced. Franklin could be okay, but his secondary buddies seem, again, simply retarded. Why would a smart kid like he continue to run with the ragged bunch of Lamar and the other retards? But all right, the two of them are just slightly inconsistent.
    However Trevor and his acquaintances are not. Trevor is a shallow bully, who only likes to hurt people, abuses all of his 'friends', who are, guess what, also poor, backwards and retarded people... Well, nice. Like we don't meet them in everyday life. The problem here is that since Trevor is an actual depiction of a real life thug (no empathy, selfish, deceitful, violent), his victims are really victims, and this offers no escape from reality and thus I feel inclined to turn off the console. Heck, if you watch Joe Pesci's psycho characters in Goodfellas and Casino, at least they get capped after 2 hours. But here, I am supposed to stick with a guy like that? For a 100 hours?! No, thanks.

Finally, a closing accord about, yes, women. I am no big feminist, but still, female characters are supposed to be better developed. Even in a game that 'embraces the thug masculinity', which is utter marketing BS anyway. Even if they are only on the supporting cast, they need to be more than what is in the game.

The visual execution is good, in times even flabbergasting, but there are serious problems with the game's spine or rather with its soul.
  61. Oct 5, 2013
    Its a fun game but some aspects really annoy me, the main one is the framerate, some places i had to turn on the auto aim because i was wasting to much ammunition, maybe my console is getting old, the game has some bad textures what is ok since how BIG the map is, the driving is very sensible but good, some cars models are "indestructible" they dont take much damage compared with othersIts a fun game but some aspects really annoy me, the main one is the framerate, some places i had to turn on the auto aim because i was wasting to much ammunition, maybe my console is getting old, the game has some bad textures what is ok since how BIG the map is, the driving is very sensible but good, some cars models are "indestructible" they dont take much damage compared with others models, if you like to explore you will find several hours of fun otherwise you will get tired easily even doing the campaign. The multiplayer isn't working no matter how much i try. Expand
  62. Sep 23, 2013
    If GTA5 was an interactive screensaver I would give it a 10/10. However it's supposed to be a game.
    On one hand Dan Houser is quoted as saying that Rockstar North is committed to being true to themselves. On the other hand Dan is quoted as saying that they are making the games easier to control to expand their audience. I've always been a huge gta fan because the games have been fun and infinitely replayable. GTA5 is not fun. GTA5 is not replayable. 1 star wanted level for swearing at someone. Arcade vehicle physics a gorilla could master in 10 minutes. Cars that fall apart by just driving over gutters. The l1 camera is atrocious. Why does it pop out 2 metres from the car when driving in car. Am I expected to aim with this garbage? The bullets always hit the roof of the car in front of you and not the driver. It's like zero thought was put into the gameplay quality of the game, and sacrifices were made simply to make it more cinematic. I don't care if I can see the characters in the car when looking backwards. If i'm looking backwards I want to see what's behind me, not the inside of the car. The missions are too controlling and often that results in mission failure for strange reasons. Some missions hold your hand every step of the way and tell you what to do, while others have little or no information besides "stand on the yellow dot". Anyone giving this game a 10/10 is delusional in the extreme, or is not very good at most modern games. GTA5 should have been released for $2.99 on a tablet, and not full price on a console. There should be two main settings in every game. One for the people who know absolutely nothing and are happy to press one button at a time (the current state of GTA5), and one for the hardcore crowd who want a fully functional sandbox to play around in. R.I.P GTA.
  63. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the things I really liked about the GTA IV was driving with the cars and crashing them.... now in GTA V driving cars feels boring and unrealistic and when it comes to wrecking cars... I mean it feels like GTA 3 or san andreas. And that is why I hate this game 0/10.
  64. Sep 29, 2013
    GTA V is the game of this console generation

GTA V is the game of this console generation

Rockstar has really done something special with GTA V. To begin the scale and amount of detail Rockstar put in to this game is immense, everything from the cracks in the roads to the small detail on Michael's flip flops. The scale of the map is massive and vast, coming from dense city streets out to the top of mount chilled, everything looks and feels great, exploring the world is fun and exciting. Los Santos and Blaine County Feel like they are part of a real world with real people. GTA V is packed with a very exciting campaign, it should take the average gamer around 30 hours to finish it. In my opinion most of the missions were very diverse and challenging. A main part of the storyline being able to plan and orchestrate heists. I found these heists very fun and each one was very entertaining to setup and execute. Considering the game is running on 8 year old hardware I think that the game looks and runs beautifully, there are times when the frame rate definitely dipped below 30 but it did not take away from the immersive experience. The random occurring events felt very fun though some felt a little repetitive. A large selling point for the game was the use of 3 charters which you could switch during missions and also in free roam, the loading times were a little lengthier then advertised, but I can't complain because it is running on my ps3 from 2006. To sum it up for you GTA V is the pinnacle of gaming and should defiantly be on your list of games to play.
  65. Mar 8, 2014
    I love grand theft auto V it improves on every aspect of Grand theft auto IV. Shooting mechanics are better than before, the shooting is somewhat improved. My favorite part of grand theft auto V is the story they have great characters some are Trevor, Lamar, Franklin have different personalitys and great in their own ways. You will probably never get bored Los Santos have many things to doI love grand theft auto V it improves on every aspect of Grand theft auto IV. Shooting mechanics are better than before, the shooting is somewhat improved. My favorite part of grand theft auto V is the story they have great characters some are Trevor, Lamar, Franklin have different personalitys and great in their own ways. You will probably never get bored Los Santos have many things to do like watching a movie or bike riding or getting a five star rampage with the cops. The online in my opinion is not very fun and i get really bored but if you play with your friends it could be fun for a while. The graphics has improved so much making Los santos fell alive more than Liberty City. I really like this game even though to me it is not game of the year it has a lot of things to do and it's fun Expand
  66. Jul 10, 2014
    El juego se merece el 10 sí o sí. Las críticas negativas se deben al hype desmesurado que muchos tenían. GTA V es sobresaliente. Es todo un gustazo para cualquier fan de los sandbox jugar este juego. Yo el primer dia estuve 4 horas seguidas sin poder parar de jugar...
    La historia promete desde el principio pero es cuando Michael o Trevor están en pantalla cuando la cosa funciona. Franklin es algo mas simple (como ocurría con CJ en SA). El hecho de tener tres personajes me asustaba un poco al principio pero ha sido una gran idea, cambiar entre ellos es rápido y satisfactorio.
    Llaman la atención muchas cosas desde que cojemos el mando. Visualmente el juego parece de otra galaxia. Ver en PS3 una ciudad así de viva y un entorno tan grande y bien definido es un placer para la vista. La iluminación ha mejorado, los modelados de la gente están logrados, los coches lucen mejor y se manejan con mas facilidad, sobretodo para los iniciados en este tipo de juegos. También los vehículos acuáticos y aéreos se manejan mejor. El multijugador es bastante bueno. Tiene unos cuantos fallos, pero engancha y está compensado (aunque luego hayan algunos hackers que estropeen la experiencia). Me gusta mucho el creador de partidas aunque debería ser mas sencillo que la gente juegue a las que creas tú.

Sin duda es un juego tan bueno que se hace corto, cuando lo terminas al 100% quieres mas y realmente no hay tanto que hacer como prometían. Menos mal que jugar con trucos es bastante distraído porque si no...

Resumiendo, cualquiera que tenga PS3 o Xbox 360 debe tener este juego. Quien sabe cuando volveremos a ver algo así.
  67. Jan 3, 2017
    Grand Theft Auto V, foi sem duvidas o game mais esperado de 2013, e um dos mais esperado de todos os tempos, e o jogo nao decepcionou, o jogo é fantastico, tanto que ganhou o premio de melhor game do ano (mesmo eu achando que o The Last of Us deveria ter ganho), o personagens sao excelente, temos o Franklin, Michael e o grande Trevor, que é engraçado e bem carismatico, o grafico é lindo, oGrand Theft Auto V, foi sem duvidas o game mais esperado de 2013, e um dos mais esperado de todos os tempos, e o jogo nao decepcionou, o jogo é fantastico, tanto que ganhou o premio de melhor game do ano (mesmo eu achando que o The Last of Us deveria ter ganho), o personagens sao excelente, temos o Franklin, Michael e o grande Trevor, que é engraçado e bem carismatico, o grafico é lindo, o mapa é gigantesco, tem muito coisa para explorar, tem a area das cidades, e tem area mais deserta (em relaçao a predios), cheio de floresta e etc, tem missoes de caças que sao excelente, tem uma boa variedade de animais, tem muitos carros, motos, avioes, barcos e etc, tem missoes incriveis, a trilha sonora é ótima, tem uma variedade gigantesca de easter eggs, de disco voadores á mensagens em parede e etc, Grand Theft Auto V é sem duvidas um dos melhores jogos de todos os tempos, e se voce nao jogou ainda (se é que alguem ainda nao tenha jogado esse game), vai jogar. Nota 10 Expand
  68. Sep 29, 2013
    Doesn't feel much different than GTA IV. Graphics are pretty outdated and the resolution is kinda low, gameplay is very much the same but the story is different and you have three characters to control this time around.

All in all, a good game but it doesn't innovate, just a different wrapping to a familiar game. Still fun wreaking havoc.
  69. Oct 16, 2013
    Perfect in every way I can easily find myself lost in this enormous world in the months to come. My only complaint would be that it really wasn't challenging enough and the ending could've had more thought put into it. Too simple for my taste, but really it's insignificant when compared to the rest of what the game offers. Current gen games can't get better than GTA V. Rockstar outdidPerfect in every way I can easily find myself lost in this enormous world in the months to come. My only complaint would be that it really wasn't challenging enough and the ending could've had more thought put into it. Too simple for my taste, but really it's insignificant when compared to the rest of what the game offers. Current gen games can't get better than GTA V. Rockstar outdid themselves once more Expand
  70. Sep 27, 2013
    Its definitely a game that should not be missed but by the end I felt my expectations were once again too high for the GTA series or that the game itself just started falling flat.

I had a level of excitement I rarely have in games from the first mission to the last mission. However, when I finally finished the final mission I just expected...I don't know...more. It's really hard to expect more from a game that gives you so much but the game felt like a jack of all trades, master of none. everything from gun play, driving, flying, and sports all felt solid but none of them felt great. None of them felt like something that would be easy to learn and hard to master. Its like everything was fun to do but I always wanted a little more.

My main gripe with the game was I felt like there was too much hand holding. The game was easy and rarely did I fail any missions. I suppose turning off the gun locking system could somewhat alleviate that but that't not how I want the game to be harder. I wish the game let me figure out how to do my own heists. Maybe walk me through the steps needed to plan it or to let me just try to go in guns blazing without a plan. Every step of the way you're just walked through how to do everything you need to. It wasn't that the heists weren't fun because they were. but like a lot of other fun games, they leave dreaming about how it could have been done better.

My second gripe is that the city is huge and the story doesn't really let us get to know it like I had hoped we would. I hoped that more places would become familiar to me around the map. The map is so full and detailed that as the major character in the game, I wanted to really get to know it better. I do like the fact that the game doesn't force you to do much and lets you experience certain aspects of the game if you want to, but sometimes you really have to go out and look for things to do by yourself.

My third and final major gripe is the story or more the end of the story. The story is fairly well written and the scripts were great and entertaining the whole time but things start to feel a bit rushed by the end and one of the final mission options is surprisingly anticlimactic. The other two options make absolutely no sense to the story line or the characters and frankly make a certain characters development pretty irrelevant by the end.

I only wanted to share my gripes in this review because there is just too much to go over for all of my likes, Despite my gripes, this is a great game and I had a lot of fun playing through it. The music, the characters, the writing, the gameplay, the world, and just about everything else is just solid. I had no issues with bugs(although I did seem to lose a few cars that I thought would go to the impound lot) and the framerate was smooth. For some of the truly great games out there, by the end you want more but at the same time you feel complete. With GTA V I wanted more and more but I didn't feel complete.

Who knows what DLC will bring to the game and I honestly hope R* plans to support this game with a lot of single and multiplayer content. Obviously GTA online isn't out yet so this review is focused only on my initial single player experience and I'm still anxiously waiting to trying it out.

Its a fun game and the sheer scale will make your jaw hit the floor. It looks and plays great but either my expectations were too high(likely) or the game actually could have been a little better in a few regards(also likely). Either way, it's definitely worth checking out.
  71. Oct 13, 2013
    This game is nearly perfect. So detailed and so magnificent. Gameplay is fun. However, there were several flaws in the game which I unfortunely had to take some points off and also confused me a little. Kind of away from what I expected. First, Some of the storylines are leaving me so many question after the credits rolled. The game left me so many mini cliff hangers and confuse messages.This game is nearly perfect. So detailed and so magnificent. Gameplay is fun. However, there were several flaws in the game which I unfortunely had to take some points off and also confused me a little. Kind of away from what I expected. First, Some of the storylines are leaving me so many question after the credits rolled. The game left me so many mini cliff hangers and confuse messages. Trevor's apparently "love interest" just kinda...well I know she had to leave him because of her husband, but she often call Trevor once in a while and just wut. Am I the one missing something here? Or does the lady just want to annoy him for the rest of his life? (also he totally ignored Molly.) But enough about love, lets talk about the three main characters. Honestly, the pictures and the box art gave me a little bit of wrong idea of all three of their relationship, before I play the game. I thought they were like 3 best buddies and they all had big dreams and worked together since day one. So I thought they would be like super close. But I somehow could not feel the connection between the three of them. Especially Trevor and Franklin. I felt like they are just forced to work together and just all about business. Not just them, Franklin felt like he s kinda an errand boy and just want to get done. I think those two were the biggest flaws. Also, in-between the story, I thought there would be more. Like robbing the jewelry story I thought there will be more like that and Michael and Amanda's relationship. Rockstar procrastinate too long in the beginning. I thought there would be more right after he beat up the yoga dude...am I the only one? I think theres more but I don't want to point out all of them. But I did had a lot of fun playing this game, time went by like a jet. Expand
  72. Sep 22, 2013
    GTA V strives to make good on fan expectations that the franchise has been known for. In many ways GTA actually exceeds the limit we came to expect since GTA IV, this is done by throwing us into the most vibrant and realistic world yet created by Rockstar. Populated by amazing sights and interesting characters, through to a story that actually takes the usual formula of GTA story lines butGTA V strives to make good on fan expectations that the franchise has been known for. In many ways GTA actually exceeds the limit we came to expect since GTA IV, this is done by throwing us into the most vibrant and realistic world yet created by Rockstar. Populated by amazing sights and interesting characters, through to a story that actually takes the usual formula of GTA story lines but doesn't follow any conventional GTA story.
    The game feels so fresh that you become hooked almost instantly especially if you're a prior fan of the series. The gameplay itself is a cross between many games developed by Rockstar including Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption and of course previous GTA games. GTA V takes many of these games mechanics to develop a meta-game that feels natural to play.
  73. Sep 20, 2013
    An awesome game but not perfect!

BAD The story was not as as long as previous GTAs and the ending (the one that makes sense) was weak. Money is pointless in the end game. Stat building is pointless as all the characters start with high stats anyway. I towed heaps of cars and dropped off heaps of guns but there isn't a level process such as other GTAs and you get nothing special for
    An awesome game but not perfect!

BAD

The story was not as as long as previous GTAs and the ending (the one that makes sense) was weak. Money is pointless in the end game. Stat building is pointless as all the characters start with high stats anyway. I towed heaps of cars and dropped off heaps of guns but there isn't a level process such as other GTAs and you get nothing special for it. Most properties are boring and missing their missions means nothing. Map is no where near as big as people made it out to be. Most of the north is just mountains with nothing interesting. The heists, which are awesome fun, are a one off with the reward. Only point replaying is to beat scores. The radio stations are horrible and repetitive.

GOOD

Awesome collection of guns and cars with heaps of customization available. It's a good looking and sounding game as expected. Flight school and shooting ranges are back. Playing sport can be fun (building strength however would've made more sense going to a gym or boxing ring...). Underwater is amazing for the 1st half hour. The 3 main characters are funny and the switch between them is really well done. Special moves also make each character more unique. Main missions are fun and interesting and the hidden missions that I've found so far have been fun. Kifflom

Now that I have finished about 80% of the game it's just boring. Probably not going to touch it again until multi-player finally comes out.
    Still it was fun while it lasted.
  74. Sep 22, 2013
    Ok people, i hope you are not one those people who say "all GTA games are the same 0/10". It's just a stupid thing to say such thing and then go buy a new GTA game. I think this is an awesome game. Not the best in the series and not without problems, but it's definitely a very fun game. Just don't expect the best game ever done. I'm about half way into the game and my main criticism isOk people, i hope you are not one those people who say "all GTA games are the same 0/10". It's just a stupid thing to say such thing and then go buy a new GTA game. I think this is an awesome game. Not the best in the series and not without problems, but it's definitely a very fun game. Just don't expect the best game ever done. I'm about half way into the game and my main criticism is that i don't think the characters are good enough. I just can't bond with them. Michael is too much of a loser as a dad and Trevor.. is a "usual" psycho and because of what he does to Johnny Klebitz i immediately hated him. I liked Franklin most among the three as he seems to be the only one that is not an idiot but he constantly whines about what he's doing and it sometimes gets annoying. It has some more weak points but none of them are serious enough to reduce the amount of fun you get. Try it, you won't regret. Expand
  75. Sep 23, 2013
    Excellent game, has a few problems and glitches but it never breaks the game. Seeing how big the world is its not a huge deal breaker. Amazing GTA game, recommend it to everyone.
  76. Sep 24, 2013
    To be honest, I've never really liked any of the Grand Theft Auto games. The stories and missions weren't interesting to me, and I always just used the game as an excuse to go around and cause mass destruction because I felt there was nothing better to do. But GTA 5 actually has characters and missions that I found really entertaining. Everything here from past games has been refined andTo be honest, I've never really liked any of the Grand Theft Auto games. The stories and missions weren't interesting to me, and I always just used the game as an excuse to go around and cause mass destruction because I felt there was nothing better to do. But GTA 5 actually has characters and missions that I found really entertaining. Everything here from past games has been refined and everything feels a lot more natural (including driving and shooting). This isn't the best game of all time, but its definetely one of the best games of this year, if not THE best so far. Its one everyone should experience and with AT LEAST 35 hours of just story content, it is well worth 60 bucks. Expand
  77. Sep 20, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V expands on everything that made IV so great and for once, you can believe the hype. In the game, you play as three characters that you can switch between at will. Each character has different, intertwining campaigns thus, longer playtime and strategic gunfights The controls feel more tight and the weapon wheel works really well. The graphics are a big step up from GTAGrand Theft Auto V expands on everything that made IV so great and for once, you can believe the hype. In the game, you play as three characters that you can switch between at will. Each character has different, intertwining campaigns thus, longer playtime and strategic gunfights The controls feel more tight and the weapon wheel works really well. The graphics are a big step up from GTA IV and I'm still getting used to it. This game comes with many new features like weapon customization, checkpoints during missions, and character advantages( Trevor deals double-damage with guns, Michael can go into bullet-time in combat, much like Max Payne and Franklin can enter bullet-time while driving). This is one hell of a game and should not be missed. It's a great way to end the generation and I'll be anticipating for multiplayer. Expand
  78. Sep 20, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, this is an amazing game. However, unlike most games, I am able to stop playing it quite easily. This isn't a bad thing but it's probably because you are flitting around so much that you don't get totally immersed. It's a huge game with incredible detail and I can see me playing it for months to come. Luckily, without the all-nighters I usually have to endure.
  79. Sep 19, 2013
    I borrowed a friends PS3 just to play this. Not sure how someone can give this a low-score, what were you expecting? Friendship is Magic?*

This is the best sandbox game of its type, and is thoroughly fun just messing around with the mechanics and the virtual denizens of this hyper-realistic world. I'm sure there are areas not to everyone's satisfaction, like I would like the option of increased vehicle damage.

A hugely impressive effort by the coders and artists at Rockstar, many who poured years of their lives into this game so millions could enjoy. Yes it's violent, but its also funny, and packed with moments of sheer artistry.
  80. Sep 24, 2013
    While the general look and feel of the game isn't a huge improvement over GTA IV hey have certainly improved on the gameplay and missions. Missions are more varied and interesting and there is a massive amount of extra content to get stuck into. Gameplay feels really smooth and any glitches I've encountered haven't prevented me from progressing in the game. My only problem is that thereWhile the general look and feel of the game isn't a huge improvement over GTA IV hey have certainly improved on the gameplay and missions. Missions are more varied and interesting and there is a massive amount of extra content to get stuck into. Gameplay feels really smooth and any glitches I've encountered haven't prevented me from progressing in the game. My only problem is that there wasn't a sense of working your way up from the dirt like there has been in past GTA games. Still, a fantastic game that deserves everyone's attention. Expand
  81. Sep 20, 2013
    GTA V THE GAME OF THE YEAR, hell yeah people, gorgeous graphics, awesome story, why some people hate this game? Oh yeah because they are retards, GTA V GAME OF THE YEAR, and one world for this game, Trevor
  82. Sep 23, 2013
    I created this account just to rate this game. First let me say that I've played EVERY GTA since GTA 1. There is something wonderful about this game. Running around in the wilderness makes me wonder how awesome this game would be as a dayz type game. There are so many good things that I'm just going to tell you what is "wrong" even though most of the problems are console limitations. LoadI created this account just to rate this game. First let me say that I've played EVERY GTA since GTA 1. There is something wonderful about this game. Running around in the wilderness makes me wonder how awesome this game would be as a dayz type game. There are so many good things that I'm just going to tell you what is "wrong" even though most of the problems are console limitations. Load time. Die during a mission? Expect around 10+ seconds of load time before you get another go. Load time gets annoying on tough missions. If you run and jump into a wall it knocks your dude out for like 5 seconds. It was funny the first 20 times, but got old when I'm trying to run from the police. The iFruit app used for training the dog is currently only available on iPhone. From an app developers perspective this is bad juju. A good app developer could convert that entire thing in just hours, yet they released the game without the Android app; this really...really bothers me and it should bother everyone else as well. They only explanation I can think of is how they are blatantly bashing Android devices within the game on radio advertisements. I had a laugh at the ads, they are clever, but come on let us train our pooch. The map is annoying as well. I'm about 8 hours in and have no idea what the map markers mean or who they are for. I go to each map marker with each character until I find the right character because it puts the marker on every characters map for some strange reason. Vehicle handling? Annoying at first, lovely after the first few hours of gameplay. The police? I would like a witness type system. If I kill everyone then police shouldn't know what I look like, it makes no sense. Why can't I mask up, kill some dudes, then take the mask off or just change my getaway vehicle to get off the police radar unless they spotted the vehicle tradeoff? They are making great progress in how the police "track" you, but the whole star system is still weak. I can shoot the rotors of a helicopter and it still will not go down. I love the addition of the stock market, made me rich so fast by just diversifying shares and selling at the smallest margin of profit, same as real life, just with less news as to what the company is doing....lol. I started a savings fund to buy a Tesla because of this games Coil, which is awesome. Basically this game helped save the planet a little See I cannot even stay on the negatives...the game just has too many positives about it for me to focus on the negatives. Final thought here is that the game wasn't ready. Online wasn't ready, the store wasn't ready, the police AI wasn't ready, the Android and Windows app wasn't ready....Big stuff there, enough to make me give it a 9/10. Believe me though, this game is worth quadruple what you pay for it. It's the price of watching 6 movies in theater. Do you remember the last 6 or 7 movies you saw? Me neither, but I'll remember GTA 5 just the same as GTA 4 and before. Expand
  83. Oct 2, 2013
    Some people say that this didn't live up to its hype, if you know what they're smoking then I'd love to get some. Great game, but not perfect (that driving is not much different from GTA IV).
  84. May 11, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    What's unique about GTA 5 compared to any other open world action game is having 3 main protagonist come together in this engaging and branching storyline. You start off as Michael, a retired bank robber whose life is now miserable thanks to his family. Then there's Franklin, a former street hustler who's trying to escape the hood and make some good cash, but his friends keep bringing him back into trouble. Finally, there's Trevor, Michael's old Canadian friend and a guaranteed psychopath. You never know what he'll do next thanks to his explosive personality. All the other supporting characters (Lester, Lamar, Michael's family, etc.) are also interesting with their own stories as well. Thanks to some excellent dialogue and voice acting, all these characters really come to life, especially Trevor's character. Steven Ogg does an incredible job as Trevor. As for the plot, Rockstar does a great job branching the plot between these 3 characters. There are some twist here and there, there is an interesting backstory with Michael and Trevor, and it's cool seeing how all 3 protagonist meet up and get forced into all these missions. This is by far some of Rockstar's best storytelling yet. 10/10

Gameplay:
    It's your classic GTA gameplay with the added feature of special abilities for all 3 characters. Michael can slow down time while shooting, Franklin can slow down time while driving, and Trevor can go into "rampage" mode and deal double damage while taking half damage. The biggest highlight of the SP is definitely the heist missions which reminded me a lot of Payday 2. The new in-game stock market is a nice way of earning some extra money on the side. The driving here is significantly better than GTA 4's realistic driving. Now it's back to the classic driving that's fast and sometimes out of control (in a good way). The shooting is still the same as in GTA 4, There are more weapons this time around to play with, San Andreas's skill system returns, and the map is way larger than liberty city. The only complaint I had was that the cops were too annoying at times. Overall, Rockstar did a great job improving on the classic GTA gameplay while adding some new things in as well. Also, the strip club here is vastly superior to any other video game strip club ever made ;). 9/10

Graphics:
    The game looks good on consoles (could look way better on PC), but I noticed some pop-ins that happened at times, and the frame rate also occasionally dropped when the action was heating up fast. Oh if only there was a PC version. 7/10

Sound:
    All the gunshots, car sounds, and city sounds are really good, but the biggest shocker to me was how good the soundtrack was compared to GTA 4. The radio soundtrack contains rock, punk, pop, old school rap, hip-hop, techno, and other varieties of genres to choose from. I personally really like the rock, techno, pop, rap, and hip-hop stations (beats Russian stuff). Great job Rockstar on getting better music this time around. 9/10

Multiplayer:
    This is where everything falls apart. The Online was not only broken at launch (R* should've prepared for the high amount of traffic on their servers better), but the Online gets repetitive fast. after the tutorial, you're off to do missions, races, deathmatches, parachuting, and capture (CTF) jobs to make $ and rank up (level cap is technically 1000, but you stop unlocking items at 120). You can also try to interact with the other 15 players on the map, but most of them will just shoot you on sight for no reason (luckily, passive mode will help you as it makes you ignore player fire). Besides jobs, there's not much to do in GTA online. But there are some REALLY frustrating things about the multiplayer: The cops are more annoying here than in SP (their search times can take up to 1 MINUTE), most of the missions are fetch missions, the auto-aim makes shooting others more easier than in Call of Duty, and all the exploits (money and RP glitches) and hackers broke the game's economy and competitive circuit even more. To top it all off, R* SEVERELY reduced the amount of $ and RP you get from missions, making the game a chore to level up if you're an "all legit" type of player. This is still better than GTA 4's multiplayer, but because of the way R* marketed this, GTA Online is a MASSIVE disappointment. 5/10

Verdict: GTA 5 has an amazing single player mode with a disappointing multiplayer mode. The graphics are good, the soundtrack is great, and the mission variety is large (with most of them being entertaining to play). If not for the mediocre Online mode, GTA 5 could've been a perfect 10. But just like with Far Cry 3 and the Tomb Raider reboot, a weak multiplayer is what ruins the whole package.

Rating: 9/10.
  85. Sep 24, 2013
    Ahaha the very few negative reviews that there is have no warrant to them! LOL like almost 80% of the people don't agree. So i will go with the flow and mention that i love this game for what it is. San Andreas Meets Saints Row 2 Equal GTA 5 Level Awesome! I have no Issues with game-play i imagine someone complained about how hard some missions are but that is life of the open world gamesAhaha the very few negative reviews that there is have no warrant to them! LOL like almost 80% of the people don't agree. So i will go with the flow and mention that i love this game for what it is. San Andreas Meets Saints Row 2 Equal GTA 5 Level Awesome! I have no Issues with game-play i imagine someone complained about how hard some missions are but that is life of the open world games evil missions.
    The Way you switch between characters during missions is awesome as hell!
    Gun play is sort of like Red Dead Redemption meet GTA San Andreas.
    Entertaining to say the least of this game.
  86. Feb 15, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V Review:
    Pros/ Good Points:
    Grand Theft Auto V Review:
    Pros/ Good Points:
    + One of the biggest, most detailed and alive worlds ever created. Heists are amazing, with the developers letting you choose who to go with and how to do it. Diverse and completely fun missions. Character switching is an exceptional addition. A way more "consumer friendly" driving, and tons of customization. Cousins don't call you to go bowling. It has a lot of activities to chose from in the free time. Weapon wheel. Top-notch voice acting. Great flying controlls. Frame rate rarely drops. A long and enjoyable single-player campaign, but also a ton of side quests. Online is really fun with friends/ crew. Impressive graphics, not the best, but still very impressing. The sound of weapons, walking, sea and many others feel correct. Great Trophy list. Outstanding Ocean and what is to be found in it's depths. Mostly bug free during the whole experience.
    Cons/ Bad Points:
    - Though the missions are really fun, the story is weak and not very interesting. Really weak female characters. Controls haven't improved a lot. The Original Score is weak and only has a few good themes in it. The animals and hunting in the game barely gets atenttion, which is really wasted potentiall. No Animals in Online. The Online portion of the game has a lot more content than the singleplayer. Buggy and no heists at the launch of GTA Online.
    Final Thoughts and Score:
    Grand Theft Auto V was the most anticipated game of recent times. Unfortunately it doesn't fully deliver on it's promise. Some weak narrative and not very improved controlls make the game fail to achieve greatness, however, Grand Theft Auto V is a technical achievement and a worth playing game.
    Average Score: 8.8/10
    For Assassin's Creed Reviews go to:
  87. Sep 21, 2013
    Well....That's what I call perfection.Grand Theft Auto 5 gives us a big map to explore Mini games that actually look like full games Great Graphics Action driving its Realistic It has a Great storyline with Great Characters who have different and interesting personalities and of course countless hours of fun.
    I can't really find anything wrong in this game.

10/10 and deserves it.
  88. Sep 30, 2013
    Sure it is not like san andreas but rockstar nailed it this time with making a great game i love how you can change to trevor and he just wakes up drunk or something i love the humor too 10/10 a most play!
  89. Oct 1, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 for me is the GTA I have been waiting for yes it has its glitches and bugs and gamers will get annoyed at it but doesn't all games have bugs and glitches the textures on the game weren't great but what can you expect from a 3.25 year old consoles its a next gen game and they had to limit what they could do to get it to work on the old gen consoles and for that I amGrand Theft Auto 5 for me is the GTA I have been waiting for yes it has its glitches and bugs and gamers will get annoyed at it but doesn't all games have bugs and glitches the textures on the game weren't great but what can you expect from a 3.25 year old consoles its a next gen game and they had to limit what they could do to get it to work on the old gen consoles and for that I am giving Rockstar and there game a 10 out 10 I am sure Grand Theft Auto 5 will be an amazing game when they can release it for the new gen consoles as there limits will be much much larger and they will give Rockstar plenty of ways to expand there game and make it better as the graphics and gameplay can be upgraded finally we have all been waiting for this game and now that we have it we are upset that the graphics are bad and gameplay was terrible but why are we complaining about the game that has been made for the old gen consoles that we know are horrible are expectations should be set for the next gen consoles to make are game experience a lot better and make Grand Theft Auto 5 an amazing game with the new graphics and the gameplay extended. Expand
  90. Sep 19, 2013
    When you spend you hard earned money on entertainment you want it to be on average good so that you feel as though you at least got you monies worth.
    Well GTA V will exceed every expectation you ever had.
    GTA V is everything that the entertainment industry should strive to be from this point on.
  91. Feb 17, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is the most overrated game of the year, if not all time. Let me make clear, I don't think it's a bad game, it just an okay one. GTA V does nothing excellent in a game that does hundreds of things. Instead it does them average. From tedious driving to unresponsive shooting, GTA V is a bore to get through. Its story line is complete garbage and is a sad excuse of a story.Grand Theft Auto V is the most overrated game of the year, if not all time. Let me make clear, I don't think it's a bad game, it just an okay one. GTA V does nothing excellent in a game that does hundreds of things. Instead it does them average. From tedious driving to unresponsive shooting, GTA V is a bore to get through. Its story line is complete garbage and is a sad excuse of a story. While some missions are fun, particularly bank heist, most of them are just filler to make the game longer. Once you beat the game there is no reason to go back to it. Yea you can play golf, ride a bike, or skydive, but after a couple times nothing new is offered. GTA Online is also falls into its own trap. When you is a world with 12 others you get killed time and time again from guys with nothing better to do. When you decide to do missions, they get very old very quick, due to the fact that they are extremely bland. GTA V is worth a playthrough, but once your done with the main missions and spend a couple hours online, you will be glad its over. Expand
  92. Dec 8, 2013
    Not as great as everyone is saying. There is a lot to do but you will find the side missions repetitive, boring, or uninteresting. The big map is more than half countryside which isn't fun to explore. Online is okay though character creation is poor. Main story isn't to good.
  93. Jun 26, 2014
    I have considered that playing essentially the same game over and over has worn thin, or maybe it just isn't fun at all. We'll see how I feel when it comes out on PC.
  94. Jul 12, 2014
    Overrated game. The world is fine, but then it remains. The story is mediocre. Multiplayer sucks.

In fact, I pulled the story to force through. Since then, I have not touched the game.
  95. Oct 12, 2013
    Rockstar have truly lost their way, instead of fun over the top games they now create messy, misogynistic games that try far too hard to be offensive for the sake of it. GTA 5 does have some amazing features to it, such as the world and how detailed it is, but sooner or later everything you appreciate the game will come crashing down due to one thing or another.

The controls in this

The controls in this game are absolutely awful, I expected Rockstar to have worked on this after the mess that was GTA 4, but they feel practically the same. You can't just throw in an auto aim that is far too generous because you couldn't be bothered to fine out the aiming, that is just shameful. The driving is better admittedly, but it couldn't have gotten any worse after GTA 4. Every action is over animated, it makes the controls incredibly cumbersome and frustrating and nearly impossible to get through small doorways without running into walls first.

The story in this game is about as disjointed as they come, the only real connection being that everyone needs to make money, which is once again an incredibly lazy plot driving point. I never had a sense that what I was doing was important to progressing the story or characters once during my time with the GTA 5 main missions and I found myself getting tired of it very often. Free roaming is a lot of fun, probably where the most fun will be had with this game, there is a lot on offer in the world of Los Santos and it rewards the observant gamer. It is a shame then that the police will punish you for even the slightest of crimes, tap one of their cars? Accidently bump into an officer due to the clunky controls? They will shoot you on sight for it. I'm not sure if there is an underlying message to this about America and its police brutality or if Rockstar really were just too lazy once again to bother adding different reactions to each wanted level.

The biggest problem with this game is GTA Online, unfortunately it comes as part of the package so it should be rated as part of the entirety of this game. The playerbase is absolutely awful, one of the worst standing side by side with the Call of Duty community. This however is not Rockstar's fault, but like it or not you will have to rely on these people sooner or later to help you either in missions or just roaming around. The missions themselves are pretty much just cut and copy over and over with only the bare basics changed; such as mission location or how many enemies you need to kill. Practically all the missions will revolve around killing a group of people, collecting something and then reaching a destination.

GTA Online was never going to live up to the hype it created, but it could have been so much more. Because of the disappointing single player and the outright horrid Online feature I can only give GTA 5 a 6/10.
  96. Feb 3, 2014
    I got a free copy of GTA5 when I was forced to purchase a new PS3 when my first generation model finally croaked. The GTA5 bundle was the least expensive deal, so that's the only reason I got the game. And I'm glad I didn't spend a single dime on this piece of crap game. The industry complex for some reason loves to herald Rockstar as a great game developer, and all GTA5 is is aI got a free copy of GTA5 when I was forced to purchase a new PS3 when my first generation model finally croaked. The GTA5 bundle was the least expensive deal, so that's the only reason I got the game. And I'm glad I didn't spend a single dime on this piece of crap game. The industry complex for some reason loves to herald Rockstar as a great game developer, and all GTA5 is is a smut-ridden, foul-language oversaturating, horrible game mechanics, terrible gun battling, stereotyping piece of garbage. Just like every other GTA game. I don't know I bothered to pop it into my console and dirty it up. No clue. How does this game have such a huge rating? How?

The driving is terrible, the shooting...snap L2 and you instantly aim at and track your opponents, and if you fail a mission you have to start all over again. The story is horrible, and so what if Los Santos or whatever it's called is a big, sprawling city? So what??? And don't even get me started on MP mode.

This is a piece of trash like nothing ever before it...except for GTA4. These games are the reason the game industry gets hammered and hounded, and the bad part is they're not even good. They placate to a crowd of the gaming community that are as low as the characters in the games.
  97. Oct 14, 2013
    At first this game might look like it's very amusing. But as soon as one finishes the storyline and most of the additional missions, it becomes boring at a pase much higher than other Grand Theft Auto games. It's just too overhyped.

Secondly, I'm having massive problems regarding Grand Theft Auto V: Online. First of all, there are still numerious people still unable to go online as they receive errors like "cloud servers unavailable" or "timed out locating session". Secondly, without forwarding ports and doing other crap you don't actually want to do, you'll be placed in an almost empty session with max. 4 players in the entire map. Thirdly, there are too many bugs in the online section regarding gameplay (getting kicked out of sessions, etc.).

In the end, this game is released too soon, is way overhyped and reviewers have proven to be once more subjective and typical sheep.
  98. Sep 19, 2013
    The city is top notch. Captures L.A. perfectly without being too exact. I was driving through Rockford Hills and it felt just like Beverly Hills in real life where I have visited a few times. I go into places that I figure the game designers wouldn't expect me to go to see if they detail everything in the world and they do. The storyline is seamless and interesting. The missions are funThe city is top notch. Captures L.A. perfectly without being too exact. I was driving through Rockford Hills and it felt just like Beverly Hills in real life where I have visited a few times. I go into places that I figure the game designers wouldn't expect me to go to see if they detail everything in the world and they do. The storyline is seamless and interesting. The missions are fun and rewarding. The cars drive a bit more arcade like then the last GTA and I think that is a bad thing. I appreciate realism even if it more challenging. Some may like it. The PS3 has a hard time rendering everything smoothly all the time. You can tell this game is doing everything it can with the aging PS3's hardware. PC port may fix that for high end machines. I will probably purchase the PC port as well the game is so fun. Switching between characters is a really interesting addition. When I go from one to the other, the character I switch to is in the middle of something I didn't have him do. It makes the city and the characters feel more alive. I am having a blast with this game and the only reason I didn't give it a perfect 10 was because of the frame rate and rendering issues and the cars driving too arcade like now. Expand
  99. Jan 5, 2014
    This game is amazing. It's one of the greatest games of the last console generation. I'm giving this a 9 because of two reasons. First off, i encountered a ridiculous glitch which didn't let me progress further in the story, i couldn't even select Michael as a character anymore, so i had to restart the story all over again. The other reason is because there's alot of pop-in textures thatThis game is amazing. It's one of the greatest games of the last console generation. I'm giving this a 9 because of two reasons. First off, i encountered a ridiculous glitch which didn't let me progress further in the story, i couldn't even select Michael as a character anymore, so i had to restart the story all over again. The other reason is because there's alot of pop-in textures that occur when i drive really fast, and also in the GTA Online intro. I'm willing to let it slide though because the hardware is very dated. It's impressive that Rockstar achieved this much with such limitations. All in all great story, great gameplay, great soundtrack, must-buy. Expand
  100. Jan 5, 2014
    The best GTA since San Andreas. The city of Los Santos is an incredible place, and is really the greatest world ever created in a game. But GTA IV had a great story, and that is what is lacking in GTA V. I felt that the story was a bit forced, as when Michael destroys the home of tennis coach and eventually gets back to the assaults to make money, and from there the story involves well,The best GTA since San Andreas. The city of Los Santos is an incredible place, and is really the greatest world ever created in a game. But GTA IV had a great story, and that is what is lacking in GTA V. I felt that the story was a bit forced, as when Michael destroys the home of tennis coach and eventually gets back to the assaults to make money, and from there the story involves well, but I really did not like the beginning and the end of the game actually, I hope they come up with a better ending next time, it was not bad, but it was nothing special either. The multiplayer is really good, but it constantly failing, but is actually a multiplayer that has never been done in any GTA game. Rockstar promised varied activities, but still does not reach the point of San Andreas, and even when we go out with friends, there is almost nothing to do with them. Overall I think it's the second best GTA game, and for me I would place it in number four on my list of Game of the Year 2013. Expand

1. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 24, 2013
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Play UK
    Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]