8.2

1. Sep 17, 2013
    It's a big impressive game but when it comes down to it it simply isn't that fun. Grand Theft Auto fans will likely be pleased but it didn't convert me.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is great for an open world experience but when it comes to raw gameplay, it grows boring. Gameplay is such a key aspect of a video game and this one's grows tiresome before long.
  3. Oct 5, 2013
    Its a fun game but some aspects really annoy me, the main one is the framerate, some places i had to turn on the auto aim because i was wasting to much ammunition, maybe my console is getting old, the game has some bad textures what is ok since how BIG the map is, the driving is very sensible but good, some cars models are "indestructible" they dont take much damage compared with othersIts a fun game but some aspects really annoy me, the main one is the framerate, some places i had to turn on the auto aim because i was wasting to much ammunition, maybe my console is getting old, the game has some bad textures what is ok since how BIG the map is, the driving is very sensible but good, some cars models are "indestructible" they dont take much damage compared with others models, if you like to explore you will find several hours of fun otherwise you will get tired easily even doing the campaign. The multiplayer isn't working no matter how much i try. Expand
  4. Oct 12, 2013
    Rockstar have truly lost their way, instead of fun over the top games they now create messy, misogynistic games that try far too hard to be offensive for the sake of it. GTA 5 does have some amazing features to it, such as the world and how detailed it is, but sooner or later everything you appreciate the game will come crashing down due to one thing or another.

The controls in this

The controls in this game are absolutely awful, I expected Rockstar to have worked on this after the mess that was GTA 4, but they feel practically the same. You can't just throw in an auto aim that is far too generous because you couldn't be bothered to fine out the aiming, that is just shameful. The driving is better admittedly, but it couldn't have gotten any worse after GTA 4. Every action is over animated, it makes the controls incredibly cumbersome and frustrating and nearly impossible to get through small doorways without running into walls first.

The story in this game is about as disjointed as they come, the only real connection being that everyone needs to make money, which is once again an incredibly lazy plot driving point. I never had a sense that what I was doing was important to progressing the story or characters once during my time with the GTA 5 main missions and I found myself getting tired of it very often. Free roaming is a lot of fun, probably where the most fun will be had with this game, there is a lot on offer in the world of Los Santos and it rewards the observant gamer. It is a shame then that the police will punish you for even the slightest of crimes, tap one of their cars? Accidently bump into an officer due to the clunky controls? They will shoot you on sight for it. I'm not sure if there is an underlying message to this about America and its police brutality or if Rockstar really were just too lazy once again to bother adding different reactions to each wanted level.

The biggest problem with this game is GTA Online, unfortunately it comes as part of the package so it should be rated as part of the entirety of this game. The playerbase is absolutely awful, one of the worst standing side by side with the Call of Duty community. This however is not Rockstar's fault, but like it or not you will have to rely on these people sooner or later to help you either in missions or just roaming around. The missions themselves are pretty much just cut and copy over and over with only the bare basics changed; such as mission location or how many enemies you need to kill. Practically all the missions will revolve around killing a group of people, collecting something and then reaching a destination.

GTA Online was never going to live up to the hype it created, but it could have been so much more. Because of the disappointing single player and the outright horrid Online feature I can only give GTA 5 a 6/10.
  5. Sep 23, 2013
    As someone who has been playing Grand Theft Auto since GTA I on the Playstation 1 back in the day, it's hard to see GTA V as anything but another formulaic sandbox game fresh off the assembly line from rockstar games. As someone who has played every grand theft auto game except for the London expansion packs it is quite clear that every entry post Grand Theft Auto 3 is essentially theAs someone who has been playing Grand Theft Auto since GTA I on the Playstation 1 back in the day, it's hard to see GTA V as anything but another formulaic sandbox game fresh off the assembly line from rockstar games. As someone who has played every grand theft auto game except for the London expansion packs it is quite clear that every entry post Grand Theft Auto 3 is essentially the exact same game. You run, gun and carry out generic formulaic missions. Grand Theft Auto is nothing but a generic and formulaic series now. With all that said I feel that even though Grand Theft Auto V doesn't offer much to the series, it is still the best entry since Grand Theft Auto 3. This game is what GTAIV should have been. The voice acting and characters are excellent. Los Santos is the most alive a city has been in a sandbox video game. Unlike GTA IV where everything felt like a cardboard toy town, slightly empty and lacking in depth, GTA V Los Santos feels alive and bustling. The ambient sound work is excellent and helps to truly give a feeling of populous and activity. I will continue playing this game for the side missions and exploration but I can't help but be bored to death of this series. Expand
  6. Sep 27, 2013
    Good, but not the best Grand Theft Auto, the gameplay sucks, driving a car is a mess and fly a plane, is worst. But let's see the bright side, GTA V has an awesome storyline and a decent variety.
  7. Oct 3, 2013
    Taking in game pictures is in cloud servers that are periodically dead, on-line was postponed to 1.10 and three days later is a total mess, cars are disappearing from garage, in-game payment for faster boosting characters in multiplayer (one would think that 1 billion dollars would be enough to skip that part)... A lot of problems but all of them are covered with magical cure- marketingTaking in game pictures is in cloud servers that are periodically dead, on-line was postponed to 1.10 and three days later is a total mess, cars are disappearing from garage, in-game payment for faster boosting characters in multiplayer (one would think that 1 billion dollars would be enough to skip that part)... A lot of problems but all of them are covered with magical cure- marketing (i.e. payments to gaming reviewing sites) is more expensive than game it self. GTA5 is great game but it is not perfect, unless someone thinks that so many problems are perfectly acceptable.
    I have preordered game, payed premium price and now I am wasting my time working as beta tester for Rockstar. Wow, that is amazing.
    I had similar experience with sim city 5 but that was widely covered in gaming media, and we were all angry how could they take money from us and not providing us good service. A little advice to EA and Blizzard- next time give more money to reviewing sites and your games will get much better scores, including Diablo 3 and Sim City 5.
    And concerning rockstar- next time I will skip preorder and instead buy second hand copy from some frustrated owner for less money.
  8. Oct 22, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V had my expectations high and it almost reached them.
    Like every game GTA V has pros and has cons. Somethings I have a problem with might just be my opinion, so they won't be listed as pros or cons.
    PROS: +The story/dialogue; even if you don't like the plot of the game, you must admit that the dialogue makes the characters feel very real. +Los Santos. The open world
    Grand Theft Auto V had my expectations high and it almost reached them.
    PROS:
    +Los Santos. The open world is the most famous thing about the GTA series, and this doesn't disappoint! It feels so alive and is incredibly large!
    +Missions, lots of 'em! The story is fairly long, but there are dozens of side missions, and my favorite: the random events that happen are just as enjoyable as the regular missions, and can add hours to your experience.
    +The abilities. Not really much to say on this one; chances are you know about them.
    +The customization! Customize your save into a completely different story than anyone else's! There is so much to customize: weapons, vehicles, and the 3 stooges.
    Now we get into the not so nice part the cons.
    CONS:
    -The missions are very linear. You do have the options on how you rob something, (stealth or loud), but nothing has been more frustrating to my game time than having to land a helicopter EXACTLY on the yellow target area. Seriously, why can't I land it 5 feet away? While there aren't really many ways to go about missions, still, why are we punished for trying something we see just as logical.
    -A game about heists has a lack of them. When there are heists it is superb, but unfortunately, you have to beat 50-60% of the game to really get into it; overall, the heists are too far between.
    -Not noob friendly. Probably my biggest problem with the game is it isn't noob friendly. Now, I had trouble with 20% of the missions, and I'd say I am slightly less than the average gamer, but I know that there might be people just getting into video games, or people who just might enjoy video games but are simply just not good at them, they are not going to enjoy the missions later down the road. But I guess everything is a matter of practice.
    -This is a very, very, VERY teeny-tiny complaint; the women in the game are 2D. Again, this isn't a huge issue, it is just that Franklin and Michael are 2 very rounded, realistic characters and they don't have to look like super-models to appeal to people. But the female characters seem to be nothing more than a pair of in this game.
    Overall I would say this a good game if you have patience for a few things. I'm not fully sure if I'd say spend $60 on it, but if you like open world, amazing character development, and a challenge, why the heck not.
  9. Nov 9, 2013
    Its a decent game. Fun to play, but it could be better. The graphics are exceptional, but I feel the game play is not. It's much like liberty cities, with a few new features. I think you should be able to rob and go in any store. Make friends and actual conversation with strangers. Search the web. Turn only lights on in police cruisers. Vehicles still vanish. Very fast. Nothing isIts a decent game. Fun to play, but it could be better. The graphics are exceptional, but I feel the game play is not. It's much like liberty cities, with a few new features. I think you should be able to rob and go in any store. Make friends and actual conversation with strangers. Search the web. Turn only lights on in police cruisers. Vehicles still vanish. Very fast. Nothing is interactable on the map. People are always towing empty boat trailers The police should have more vehicles. The map should be bigger. There should be more vendors. Cops aren't patroling or have any one pulled over. Vehicles such as trucks and commercial vehicles should be more up grade-able. You should be able to put flashing lights on any vehicle. Multi-player sucks. These are just a few that are off the top of my head. I thought for the time spent developing this game and all of the hype, it would have been much better than what it is. Overall, I'd give it a 5 out of 10. Much like all of the big name games in the industry, its just a newer version of previous games with a few new toys.. Expand
  10. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game can be fun if you want more of GTA, not if you want new and better GTA. In fact you are better off with Episodes or IV... there are glitches and limits to everything. It just takes the fun away. One should be able to have more interaction with non playable characters, go inside more buildings, customize more vehicles; even have more vehicles available. Nowadays it just seems like a new paint job is enough to make one content. Well it isn't. After you finish it, you desperately wonder around and you cannot even go into your properties!! In Gay Tony you could pop in the club and do some bits. I just feel like this game has fallen very short of what it could be.
    It should be an open world game, but you get anywhere and what is the point to go somewhere to clear the grey bit on your map if you get there and there's nothing going on?
    Driving is not sim nor arcade, so it is annoying. Also, I can understand why locked and not owned properties are unavailable to explore, but why, in your own place do you have inaccessible areas?
    Why can we not change the way our character looks any further, apart from Franklin, two haircuts?? What!!!? One other thing that annoys me lots is the distribution of the available properties and garages. Why are they so far from one's house, and why can you not have a car delivered to your in house garage? it is a garage... try this one: buy a vehicle, when your purchased garage is full. Then park it outside to remove one vehicle from within. when you go out the one you just purchased is gone. Now you're mad and want to go back in to see if it is there, but it isn't. Then you go out only to find you lost two cars. Then you think the police impounded it and you get there and you dunno which car it is because you haven't bothered to write down the brand of the car. then you spend $500 releasing both cars and they're just cars you don't even remember driving. But if you got home or meet up with someone and park your car, even illegally, when you come back it is there, even if it is not your assigned car, which is another silly thing. Shame this game has so much potential. I don't believe that it is focused on delivering fun, but merely selling one more GTA instalment. Every game maker should try to make games as if they never had anyone liking them before. I am sorry I purchased GTA V on the day it came out. I could have waited some time for it to be less expensive.
  11. Nov 26, 2013
    Lets start with the campaign. Personally the campaign wasn't anything new, the game itself has been a rehash of GTA 4, simply adding 3 perspectives barely changes anything, even the missions feel a little stolen theft, chasing and killing are the premises for every mission. I felt no attachment for any of the characters, especially since the main character gets slapped around like aLets start with the campaign. Personally the campaign wasn't anything new, the game itself has been a rehash of GTA 4, simply adding 3 perspectives barely changes anything, even the missions feel a little stolen theft, chasing and killing are the premises for every mission. I felt no attachment for any of the characters, especially since the main character gets slapped around like a common hooker for the majority of the game, he has no drive to get revenge usually, and only occasionally turns into the bad ass mafia man we all assumed he would be with constant ramifications. Then the side missions are also insane; smoke pot then go shoot aliens I do believe Saints row beat them to the punch. This game does feel exactly like a coalition between GTA and SR which isn't all bad but means you feel like you're replaying an older game. The main redeeming quality is the multiplayer which is fun for hours at a time as long as you play with friends the solo gamer with find it tedious with repetitive missions and heists, constant wanted stars, and the annoying high levelled gamer who follows you round for the sole purpose of killing you. Even with friends this game becomes redundant after a couple weeks, and I only pick it up for an hour every fortnight. Expand
  12. Dec 14, 2013
    As always, rockstar has released an excellent open-world adventure. The driving has improved brilliantly over IV, the map is the largest ever in the series(bigger than all others combined!) and the story line is enthralling. It's nice to see they've finally gone about fixing that annoying random cell phone calls from your buddies. Indeed, You'll never hear, "Hey Niko, wanna go bowling?"As always, rockstar has released an excellent open-world adventure. The driving has improved brilliantly over IV, the map is the largest ever in the series(bigger than all others combined!) and the story line is enthralling. It's nice to see they've finally gone about fixing that annoying random cell phone calls from your buddies. Indeed, You'll never hear, "Hey Niko, wanna go bowling?" in this series, ever. There are several disappointments, however. I'll break it down for you;

My first qualm is with the map. Although it's big(Huge, infact.) the problem is that it lacks the ability to interact with the environment to any real extent. i'd say 98% or more of the buildings are unenterable shells. that's not much of a change from the other series, but i'd have been willing to sacrifice large sections of this huge world just to be able to enter a casino, break into someones home etc.

My second qualm is in regards to the heists. Yes, those heists that we were promised. They're awesome, and fun. The problem is, you only get to experience them in the storyline and never again. The great thing about GTA that has made it stand out was it's open and interactive world. I think that is where the developers went wrong this time, they focused on size and less on interaction and depth. The other problem with no-heists-after-the-story-line is that after that, making money is hard as hell. Considering the sheer depth of new things to spend your money on besides guns(such as customization), you don't have enough opportunities to earn serious cash to fund your extravagant lifestyle after the several heists on the storyline.

My third qualm is in regards to the stock market, i still haven't fully figured out how to use the thing and it wasn't fully explained to me at any point in the game.

My fourth issue is the three character system. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, entertaining and new. But i'd rather have one character i could customize. Maybe buy a house for him, his cars and so on. But having to buy new things for all three characters, such as ammunition and guns etc was seriously irritating to me after the storyline was over.

My last qualm is that they abandoned San Andreas humor and adventure, in my opinion, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, for it's time, was a better game than GTA V. It had more to do, it was more entertaining and memorable for me, considering the limitations they had at the time. GTA San Andreas is still the high water mark in the GTA series, and they should look back at it before considering GTA 6.

Oh, one more, really minor thing. They should have waited several months or a year and just released it on PS4 and Xbone. They could have upgraded all the graphics, etc. It's obvious that the current generation of consoles struggles to bring this great vast expanse of a game to life and it would have been much better on PS4 than PS3.
  13. Jun 25, 2014
    Wow, standards are slipping...fast.

Wow, standards are slipping...fast.

First let me say I Loved Almost all previous iterations of this once great series, but GTA V is by far an away the most disappointing. The graphics are average at best ( cutscenes are even worse ) and the map while large isn't very dense, in terms of both mini games and Easter eggs which made exploring enjoyable, now we're left with few mediocre side missions and virtually no reward for completing them. The story while enjoyable is short lived and certain characters aren't haven't had personalities developed for them, namely Franklin and Michael. Driving is fun but able to flip vehicles and control in the air makes no sense and shooting is bad, GTA 4 Shooting was much better, hand to hand combat is garbage and rockstar have no excuse for this since rock star made the warriors ( PS2/PSP ) which had fantastic combat and good stealth mechanics as well. The ocean area which makes up a FIFTH of the map is a waste of memory space, but would make for a good dynamic background. The single player was very underwhelming but the online makes its look like a masterpiece by comparison. Only 16 player on such a large map is stupid, and is poorly developed, hence the bad scores for gta online, and the fact pay outs are so low, most players get bored quickly, and activities vary from average to rubbish, and rockstars clear focus on online over single player is frustrating for long time fans. The euphoria physics, yep you guessed it are worse than Gta 4.

Let's Hope rockstars next installment in the GTA Series is Fantastic like previous gta games.
  14. Mar 13, 2014
    This is a great game and I would otherwise give it a 10 but remind me why a game that started out on the PC now is released 6 months later for the platform it started on...
  15. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played almost every iteration of grand theft auto, along with most other Rockstar games, so I get what they are supposed to be like. Open-world, gang drama, drugs, alcohol, prostitutes and humour are what I consider these games to be about. This game had all that, but in a weird way.

Now I'll just say I loved the first third of this game, but after that it just got annoying and repetitive. As soon as you start working with what is supposed to be the CIA or FBI, it all goes to **** I wanted to be pulling heists and bringing in cash a lot, which you do a few times, but then you have to do missions for this organization for the bulk of the game and the story gets lost in something else.

The ending was pretty fun though and I liked how there was some selection as to how you would like it to go, even if I thought Michael was the main character the whole time and it should of been his decision.

Now on to what there is to do and see. Everyone said this map was the biggest ever and was going to be amazing. I will agree there is a lot to see and do, but it's not really that impressive when a lot of it is just mountains and grass. I mean If you weren't gonna make the city a little bigger at least make the other side cities larger or make another city the size of the original one on the opposite end of the map. Just Cause 2 has a map that's likely four times larger than this, and the tiny city in that game is likely as big as the city portion of this game.

All of the side quests are fun to do, but kind of take you out of the reality of the game. All of the hobbies are boring after you play them once or twice. I think Rockstar wanted this to be the be all, end all open-world game and they added a lot, but forgot in other areas. I believe this game should of been just single-player with the online coming out at a different date and being made by another studio.

The graphics are sub-par, there's tons of frame rate issues and the line of sight is so small and extremely noticeable while flying. The best thing this game has going for it is the voice acting and how the vehicles drive.

I'll recommend this game to people who are fans of the series, but if you are new to open-world games or this series just get San Andreas, Vice City or Red Dead Redemption!
  16. Jul 16, 2014
    Great game, but better than Half Life? Counter Strike? no. Better than GTA IV? Just Cause 2? Saints Row IV? Yes. This is by far the best of it's category and most other games. Is it better than GTA San Andreas? I think so, I think others are too attached to old memories of it, GTA San Andreas.
  17. Nov 22, 2014
    Gran Theft Auto is a game that suffers from repetition, a mediocre story, and an online mode that feels barren and still lacks a proper heist mode. The map is large but filled with empty space and there is almost a complete absence of interior space. The good things though are the great controls and while the campaign suffered from repetition and being too long it was largely still fun.Gran Theft Auto is a game that suffers from repetition, a mediocre story, and an online mode that feels barren and still lacks a proper heist mode. The map is large but filled with empty space and there is almost a complete absence of interior space. The good things though are the great controls and while the campaign suffered from repetition and being too long it was largely still fun. One thing the game does well it definitely having plenty of content. I just wish there was a little more variety and more satisfying gun play. Expand
  18. Aug 24, 2015
    GTAV is a good game, but it has problems.
    GTAV is a good game, but it has problems.
    The world is beautiful with high detail. The story is okay. The cars and other vehicles are variating. Mechanics are good but could be better. Especially character movement. It's a little awkward and not solid. And there's no hanging from ledges which can be annoying. Take the wrong step and you fall of the building. Story mode is not interesting anymore to me so the following will be based on the online portion of the game.

GTA Online is sometimes alot of fun.
    When you're playing with a friend/friends and get the creativity flowing, it's really fun.
    You will come up with crazy **** to experiment with.
    However, things get boring quickly and if you don't come up with new things to try then it's not exactly great. Like the game isn't really interesting enough on it's own. It requires your input to be interesting and fun. And you can't feel creative all the time, right?
    It also has some balance issues and there's still cheaters roaming free.
    Balance issues I mean for example the CoD kid trick as me and a friend call it.
    These easy way taking noobs killing you from their super cars while facing you with the rear of the car, taking advantage of the 100% bulletproof cover that the rear have.
    It's absurd how things like this remains unpatched, while the Sticky Bomb trick was patched (you put a Sticky Bomb on a player then that player goes into Passive Mode and you go after people and the player with the bomb is unaffected by the explosion).
    Also the money system is clearly designed around micro transactions (and they're not that micro).
    If you prefer to progress without paying real money (if you're a morally and mentally stable person), then you will have to grind and grind until your mind is numb from boredom. If you don't play heists. But those require four players (apart from first one which requires two). And it's not everyone have three friends who don't mind, have time or whatever to play with you and two others. And it's not like that mode has been there since launch...
    And, the draw distance is horrible. Same goes for the range of weapons. Any distance from medium to long requires a sniper rifle. So it gets boring sometimes because it turns into a sniper game. And that wouldn't be a problem if the sniping was good. It's not. You can't go prone and camouflage is rarely used.

GTAV is a good game at best.
    I'm glad that there's a true solid experience coming on september 1.
  19. Oct 1, 2013
    Meh! I've played for about 10 hours or so and am already getting bored, there is some really funny dialogue and that's what is keeping me going but otherwise its just the same old over-hyped GTA. Its not a bad game by any means and Rockstar have done an amazing job with the graphics, open world design and script but it just gets a bit samey to quickly for me. I'm looking forward to theMeh! I've played for about 10 hours or so and am already getting bored, there is some really funny dialogue and that's what is keeping me going but otherwise its just the same old over-hyped GTA. Its not a bad game by any means and Rockstar have done an amazing job with the graphics, open world design and script but it just gets a bit samey to quickly for me. I'm looking forward to the multiplayer hopefully that will be awesome. Expand
  20. Oct 5, 2013
    Rockstar Games and the GTA series helped make the open world action game genre what it is today, and because of that both deserve our respect. I'm just going to go ahead and say that this is just a review of the single-player experience only and not GTA online. I will reference GTA online in this review briefly, but will go more into depth about it with a separate review for it that youRockstar Games and the GTA series helped make the open world action game genre what it is today, and because of that both deserve our respect. I'm just going to go ahead and say that this is just a review of the single-player experience only and not GTA online. I will reference GTA online in this review briefly, but will go more into depth about it with a separate review for it that you can read when it is posted.

GTA V's city of Los Santos feels alive, brimming with personality and activities. The story and characters are excellent and fully fleshed out. You may be playing as scumbags, but they are the kind of scumbags you can sympathize with and actually are actually likable characters despite their numerous personality flaws. There is some crazy funny stuff going on in Los Santos, stuff so bizarre and hilarious that honestly a lot of it wouldn't have looked out of place in a Saint's Row game. Just turning on your TV or radio and a commercial could pop up with some of the most hilariously un-subtle social commentary you'll ever hear, making for some intentional comedic gold. It's moments like these that help GTA V set itself apart from other games in the genre that its predecessors helped create, but inconsistencies with the gameplay make it feel like GTA is lagging behind recent competitors in the open world genre.

The story missions are packed with some cool moments and tense shoot-outs, and the game is fun overall, but too often did it feel like the events leading up to these moments were just busy work used to extend the length of the game in some of the dullest ways possible. At one point the game tasked me with mopping, MOPPING! Who wants to do that in a video game? Cop chases are another frustration of mine, I can't tell you how many times I've almost escaped the cops only to have one cop car spawn right in-front of me alerting all cops to my new location and keeping the chase going. It's irritating to no end. Most of my other complaints are minor but did still hurt my opinion of the game. The graphics are a little dated, the radio stations never play anything good, and travel time can be a little too long at times. GTA Online is also still buggy, but you can read more about that in its individual review when I post it.

All of these flaws bring GTA V down, but they don't make it a bad game. It's still packed with enough fun and impressive moments to make it a good game, it's just not as impressive or as fun as a lot of the other open world games out there. But if you're looking for an open world crime game with a fantastic story, or are just a fan of the series, then you may find GTA V worth your time. Just don't expect anything particularly impressive as far as gameplay is concerned.
  21. Oct 2, 2013
    So let me get this straight..
    Tonnes of glitches! (Don't believe me, Google some of the ridiculous glitches people have posted)
    AND no online at launch. If this was ANY OTHER game with these issues, people would be complaining non stop and the review scores would be somewhere at 4/10. But because it's GTA it can do no wrong. This does not mean its a bad game, but it is not the 10
    So let me get this straight..
    AND no online at launch.
    This does not mean its a bad game, but it is not the 10 people are giving it.
    Sorry, but it's true.
  22. Sep 21, 2013
    All i can say is that i'm thankful i rented it. I played for about five hours and was bored. I much prefer story driven games. This one seems all over the place. I guess if i tried to stay with it i'd find some good game play but i don't think it's worth it. I did find the scenery and movement throughout the world excellent so i guess people who liked the older versions will love this.
  23. Oct 11, 2013
    The graphics are horrible and not suitable for big screens, there's some questionable game design, auto-aim is necessary because those idiots at rockstar decided to put this on consoles and sony and microsoft are idiots for not allowing to have other control methods than the controllers. I recommend waiting for a PC version so nothing is holding back your experience.
  24. Sep 18, 2013
    There is no denying that this game is huge and was always going to be a smash hit....but you can't help but think as you play that GTA IV was better, i preferred the characters, the story was better as well as the city. There have been improvements in some game play (though aiming is too easy and makes shoot outs almost pointless) but it doesn't feel like a new game, simple a continuation.There is no denying that this game is huge and was always going to be a smash hit....but you can't help but think as you play that GTA IV was better, i preferred the characters, the story was better as well as the city. There have been improvements in some game play (though aiming is too easy and makes shoot outs almost pointless) but it doesn't feel like a new game, simple a continuation. Had it's day??? Probably not, there will always be a new generation of game player who wants to experience the thrill of gansta life, init! Expand
  25. Sep 23, 2013
    The good:
    The story. (was ok)
    The characters. Illusion of a living city. Good GFX for old console. Great sound. The Bad: Only a few and duplicated shops/activities spread around map. Very little interaction with city allowed. Simple gameplay. The missions are a breeze. Only challenge was when first learning to land a plane. Disappearing cars and people when you look away then
    The good:
    The story. (was ok)
    The characters.
    Illusion of a living city.
    Good GFX for old console.
    Great sound.

The Bad:
    Only a few and duplicated shops/activities spread around map.
    Very little interaction with city allowed.
    Disappearing cars and people when you look away then back.
    Cop chases are boring. Too easy to escape.

Summary: A nice looking virtual dollhouse for guys to fantasize in with tacked on weak gameplay.
  26. Oct 2, 2013
    GTA V is terribly overrated, like most AAA games these days, the missions are just an afterthought to tie together cutscenes. There is no challenge, no tactical decision making, no sense that you are outwitting the computer AI. The paradox is that even though it's a sandbox game, the mission sections have never felt so limiting and 'on rails'. The opening heist held some promise, but asGTA V is terribly overrated, like most AAA games these days, the missions are just an afterthought to tie together cutscenes. There is no challenge, no tactical decision making, no sense that you are outwitting the computer AI. The paradox is that even though it's a sandbox game, the mission sections have never felt so limiting and 'on rails'. The opening heist held some promise, but as the game unfolds it's clear that the designers adhere to the "rollercoaster" approach where the mission events and dialog are so scripted that there is little to no room for player creativity.

Having said that, the sandbox world is quite an achievement, the radio stations both talk and music are great, and the characters and cutscenes are probably the most entertaining you'll find in a video game. But unless you're suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder and absolutely must fly under all 50 bridges, pick up all the notes, complete all the jumps, tennis matches, etc.. the open world gets old rather quickly. And, as fun as the cutscenes are, they come at the expense of gameplay and the feeling that the game is little more than an expensive cutscene player, where you execute, basic, menial tasks to trigger them.

Like I alluded to, I like games that present a challenge and demand some kind of strategic thinking from the player. I gave GTA V a chance, because the heists sounded like they involved planning, choosing preferred/appropriate weapons for the job, maybe scoping out the building, planning which side to come in on, where to position the 3 players you control, etc... All features that a sandbox world would seem to accommodate very well. Unfortunately, the gameplay is simply not there in this one. Style over substance.
  27. Oct 3, 2013
    When buying GTA 5 I became extremely excited thinking it would of improved on everything wrong with GTA 4 and therefore make it the better game. I was wrong. The story was awful with only 69 main missions overall of which some were stealing vans and driving them back for storage. There are only three big heists in the game in which 2 are boring and easy. The last mission was also extremelyWhen buying GTA 5 I became extremely excited thinking it would of improved on everything wrong with GTA 4 and therefore make it the better game. I was wrong. The story was awful with only 69 main missions overall of which some were stealing vans and driving them back for storage. There are only three big heists in the game in which 2 are boring and easy. The last mission was also extremely disappointing as it was ridiculously easy and long winded. After finishing the game I looked at my stats and found that I had only played 5 hours as Trevor, 8 as Micheal and 10 as Franklin, throughout the whole story I never got attached to one character like I did with Niko and Roman which I feel was because of the lack of personal story based missions and the fact you have to play as 3 people constantly switching.

If you were a fan of the GTA 4 flying and driving you will be massively disappointing, they moved away from realism in the cars and instead went to Saints Row style driving with every car having an insane amount of grip which leaves you almost not needed to even concentrate on driving at all. They unfortunately went the complete opposite way in the flying department making it to realistic, you cant fly a helicopter straight for more than 5 seconds even with the maximum flying stat. This also applies for flying planes. I've tried numerous times to steal a jet which admittedly should be hard but not as crazy as it is on this, I got shot out of the sky while parachuting almost near the clouds by a tank! This level of accuracy also goes for the police who will not give up even on a 1* wanted level for at least 2 minutes, the tutorial says to hide in alleys to get away from them, but guess what as soon as you do this they pull up near you, get out their cars and start looking for you on foot.

I have been playing the online over the last 2 days and I can say I'm un-pleased with this aswell, I dont mind the constant bugs because I know so many people are on it and that its still got alot to work on. Your online character creation is horrendous and virtually impossible to make look like yourself or any human being for that matter. Rockstar also felt the need for each user to be allowed 5 online characters 2 of which are unlocked straight away, I doubt anyone will even use more than 2 character slots as you don't have special abilities or load outs for them and you may as well just play as one person and get there stats up as high as possible.

Overall I am very disappointing in the lack of enjoyment I got out of this game, If I was you I would rent before buying this game and even then with the price it is now just go and buy GTA4 as you will have more fun in every second,
  28. Oct 15, 2013
    This game was hyped for months as one of the best games of this generation, but I just can't see it. I bought the game based on a co-worker saying it was better than the Last of Us. Boy was he wrong. The story is so-so but I did like the three characters. However, GTA 5's gameplay is fun at first, but the fun wears off quick after you finish the story. In plain, it just gets boring. It wasThis game was hyped for months as one of the best games of this generation, but I just can't see it. I bought the game based on a co-worker saying it was better than the Last of Us. Boy was he wrong. The story is so-so but I did like the three characters. However, GTA 5's gameplay is fun at first, but the fun wears off quick after you finish the story. In plain, it just gets boring. It was only entertaining for the 14 or so hours I played the story. After that, no motivation. Expand
  29. Jul 12, 2014
    Overrated game. The world is fine, but then it remains. The story is mediocre. Multiplayer sucks.

In fact, I pulled the story to force through. Since then, I have not touched the game.
  30. Oct 8, 2013
    I just cant find any incredible things in GTA V despite of its highly anticipated game, i dont think this should be the game of the year (for me), i dont say that i waste 60 bucks with this games, im just not happy on what changes i saw on this latest gta series, it is still boring eversince, i am only happy at the graphics that i dont think old hag console can handle HDR lighting butI just cant find any incredible things in GTA V despite of its highly anticipated game, i dont think this should be the game of the year (for me), i dont say that i waste 60 bucks with this games, im just not happy on what changes i saw on this latest gta series, it is still boring eversince, i am only happy at the graphics that i dont think old hag console can handle HDR lighting but anyway rockstar made another job well done Expand

1. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 24, 2013
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Play UK
    Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]