• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 24, 2009
7.3

1. mobius
    Nov 30, 2009
    reminds me of the old classic fount on the Atari ST. OIDS. the game uses the same graphics found in games like Geometry wars but give extra gameplay.
  2. SueB
    Nov 24, 2009
    Love it, love it, love it! I really dig old school retro games and I have loads of emulators on my laptop like MAME. On PS3 this is just so slick and lovely, it's like a big neon ice-cream - I could almost lick the screen! The gameplay is fun, and each level brings something new. I've tried the level editor, and it's SO easy to use. The sound effects are Love it, love it, love it! I really dig old school retro games and I have loads of emulators on my laptop like MAME. On PS3 this is just so slick and lovely, it's like a big neon ice-cream - I could almost lick the screen! The gameplay is fun, and each level brings something new. I've tried the level editor, and it's SO easy to use. The sound effects are nice'n'retro, and the soundtrack is just sublime - a really nice mix of 80's kitch and noughties electro which I must get onto my iPod somehow. I massively recommend this game! Expand
  3. MarkM
    Dec 10, 2009
    I tried hard to find a reason to NOT give this game a score of 10. I own about 20 downloaded games on my PS3 and this game is in my top 2 or 3 (my other favourite is Comet Crash). Pros: - $10 - Fantastic retro visuals and music. As another reviewer put it, it's a neon ice-cream that makes you want to lick the screen. - Fantastic controls. - You can land your spacecraft (to rescue I tried hard to find a reason to NOT give this game a score of 10. I own about 20 downloaded games on my PS3 and this game is in my top 2 or 3 (my other favourite is Comet Crash). Pros: - $10 - Fantastic retro visuals and music. As another reviewer put it, it's a neon ice-cream that makes you want to lick the screen. - Fantastic controls. - You can land your spacecraft (to rescue crashed crews) and it's as challenging as the popular 'Moon Lander' type of games. My favourite part. - Cool water effects (yes, the spacecraft can swim.). - It doesn't deserve a 10/10 score if you're not into simple retro and must have the latest eye-candy like Madden, Barbie Adventures, or Final Fantasy. Cons: - It doesn't have a lot of depth.. the story is very light. However I'm a 20-minute-a-day gamer so this game suits me well. Expand
  4. GeorgeC
    Dec 4, 2009
    Very good game, there are some small gripes but nothing that makes me regret purchasing it. I wish just a bit more time was taken to round out community interaction, but hey this is just what the Dr. ordered until pj Shooter!!
  5. TobD
    Nov 29, 2009
    Ahhh, the sweet feeling of true gameplay. For people who loved the game Gravity Force on Amiga (and similar games like gravitar, thrust and oids) run to your psn store and get this game! There is no doubt in my mind that you will love this game too. Everyone should at least check out the trial, i'm guessing most of you won't regret it. May the gravity be with you.

1. Gravity Crash is undeniably a well refined product: the graphics are derivative but amazing, the soundtrack is atmospheric and the whole package surely works. Yet the addictive "last one before i quit" factor, that's so typical of the great arcade classics, is kinda missing here, and the result is a game that will entertain you without making you go crazy. It's not an Apollo 13, but neither a big step for the retro-humanity.
  2. The slow gameplay and sensitive controls ensure that Gravity Crash isn’t for everyone. When you take the time to master the controls, you’ll get a game with very deep gameplay and warm, vector-like graphics that are a joy to watch. Both the multiplayer and the level editor lengthen the experience.
  3. For what it is Gravity Crash is an exceptionally well-realised game in almost every way but whether or not it finds a home amongst modern gamers will be its sternest test. I only hope that it passes that test as it is definitely a title and a style of game-play which deserves attention.