6.6

1. May 28, 2013
    Thank you for creating this amazing game. I'm loving it, the cars are incredible, the gameplay is perfect and the tracks are very well done! and what about the "Live Routes"? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
  2. May 28, 2013
    Finally! Its been too long since original Grid. Im loving this this should keep any racing fan entertained until gt6 announcements or The Last of Us comes out
  3. Jun 1, 2013
    As a gamer who has always preferred simulators like Gran Turismo, I bought this game because I really enjoyed the first Grid game. It is a lot of fun, as even though it isn't really a simulator, it isn't overly arcady like a Need For Speed game. The graphics are absolutely stunning, really pushing the limits of the PS3. The controls take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, the turning feels really good. I haven't tried online play yet, but the single-player story has been good enough to keep me occupied. Expand
  4. May 28, 2013
    i bought via psn n i like it, but i couldnt find co-op, anyone knows able to do or not? anyway normally im not using view,so it doesnt matter for me. they didnt make or not. thats why i love it. i will wait grand6 w grid2 :D
  5. May 31, 2013
    I have about 2 hours into the game so keep that in mind as you read this review. If you know the original Grid, you know that this game is not a sim however the original was sheer arcade brilliance compared to other racing titles, with a good number of cars both street and race and fun tracks that ranged from real world circuits to concept street courses based in real cities.

Graphically, the game is a big step forward the visuals are great and each city is a joy to drive through. The track set is similar in mix to the original Grid, but with different courses. This is about where the improvements end... The car count seems lower and I have yet to drive an actual race car of any kind and rumors report this second title is more street car based as a whole. The cars i HAVE driven are boats and cornering is impossible without kicking the rear end out some amount of drift is required in non-drift events. The game is more linear and you aren't as free to choose your path and disciplines as you were in the original GRID. So far it appears that money is not involved in the game and sponsors are less important than GRID; You are given a choice of the appropriate car for each set of challenge races.

I am still enjoying the game and understand that this is far from a complete review given the low hours i have spent but it's hard to change a first impression and it just doesn't seem like there are 5 years worth of improvements in this game.
  6. May 29, 2013
    Good game. Love the whole "earning fans" idea. It makes you feel like an actual racer. If you're a sim junkie, don't buy this. If you're looking for a variety of race types and some casual racing with awesome crashes, then this is for you.
  7. Jun 25, 2013
    It is a very generic racing game, but even for that, it is mediocre. I feel bad for Codemasters (the developers), I actually enjoyed Grid 1, but now they made this game way too different from what it was before.
  8. Aug 7, 2013
    If you're looking for an extension of the original Grid, one that has the same feel and gameplay, stay away from this title. I say this because most good sequels have a familiar feel (along with additions) to the original title. This is where Grid 2 falls on it's face. I absolutely loved Grid and couldn't wait for the second installment.. Unfortunately, the only thing familiar here are it's flashbacks, liveries and it's name. I'm well aware that this isn't meant to be a SIM but right off the bat the handling in Grid 2 is awful. (You can blame the drifting craze for this). On EVERY turn you're forced to skid out the back end and perform some sort of 'drift'. Along with this, no view, lacklustre visuals and zero race-feel make this game disappointing at best.

I'm a die hard Codemasters fan and have enjoyed all of their titles, especially Grid. So much that I still play it to this day! This is largely why I'm baffled as to why this game is so uncharacteristic and unlike the bulk of what this Dev company usually puts out. Yes it's a fun arcade experience that features a solid campaign with a unique concept, one that could have worked really well if they had kept the Grid feel. If I was looking for a Drift-heavy arcade game, I would have bought a $10 bargain bin flop. Codemasters, you took one of your best racing titles, dumbed it down to appeal to the mindless Drift-heads and left a ton of your loyal fans in the dust with one turd of a game.
  9. Jun 14, 2013
    As an owner of a 360 and a PS3 I have to say that this isn't the best racing game that is for sure, that title goes to Forza series. This game has alright graphics, decent controls but the game is nowhere near the caliber of Forza, its not even the same caliber of Gran Turismo.. I didn't really have much fun in this game, maybe if this was the fist racer that I played in my life, it would of got a better score, the game fails in comparison to other racers, nuff said.. Expand
  10. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is AMAZING!!! Until now I have always said that I hate racing games but now I am converted. Everything about Grid 2 is fantastic. So realistic, so enjoyable, don't want to stop playing it. Well done Codemasters. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
  11. Jun 5, 2013
    Tiz a good game. I like everything about it, the split screen, the realistic feel of the control and the graphics. Great fun. The best game I've seen in ages.
  12. Jul 6, 2013
    Race-driver: Grid was an excellent game, this game was really bad. I wasn't happy with he way the game moved, for a racing game is felt very rigid and hard to play. Even on the multiplayer the graphics of the game looked like PS1 graphics, I'm not a graphics junkie but come on that was horrendous. Even the selection of cars on multiplayer, wait....what selection? I wanted a fun game to play with a friend that came round and this came to mind but i turned it off after 10 minutes, There is no choice and i have to say its turning in the wrong direction. Expand
  13. Feb 8, 2014
    This game has to much hate on its shoulders! The visuals are amazing and the gameplay is funny to. This game might not be like Grid 1 but this is a car game worth the cash in my opinion!
  14. Feb 28, 2014
    Solid racing game. Not sure why the bad reviews. You get in a car and you go. Graphics, sound, controls, online features, semi-worth while single player... its all there.
  15. Jan 13, 2014
    It's been a long time since I've last played a racing game. I think Grid 2 was a nice to way to maybe sort of ease my way back into the genre. It's tight, fun, and deep, yet accessible to newcomers. I do have my pet peeves with the game, but overall I enjoyed the experience.

As far as presentation goes when you're on the track everything looks great. Cars are incredibly detailed and the
    tracks look great. Off the track the everything looks dated, but that's ok because the only time you're off the track is when you're selecting the next race. The cars sound incredibly realistic, but I wish there was some kind of soundtrack to the game.

As far as gameplay goes everything is mostly smooth. There's a large amount of single-player races and a healthy online community for you to race against. Tracks a great but I wish there were more of them as they get repeated far too often in the single-player experience. The controls are very good and responsive, even if there were a few times where I wondered if the controller registered that I was trying to make a turn. Thankfully a helpful "flashback" system helped me make up for my mistakes by allowing me to rewind the race to just before I messed up. In order to not break the game this system only has limited uses. The only other real issue I had with the game was the grind heavy nature of it all. Still, I did have a lot of fun with this game.

If you're looking for a good racing game I recommend Grid 2. It's got a lot of content and can be a lot of fun to play. I do feel that it's not the most polished game in the world, but it's not bad. The best part is that it manages to be accessible newcomers without sacrificing the hardcore crowd.
  16. Feb 18, 2014
    Decent racing game. Looks nice and damage modeling looks good. There's even slight effect how the car handles after taking few hits.
    For online racing, there's a major balance issue. Wheel users are in disadvantage against gamepad users due to the driving assists (traction control and ABS) gamepad gets. And you can't turn them off.
    Still lots of fun to play in single player
  17. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been waiting for ever to get my hands on this game... Finally got it and here is my views on it: cant see what the diffs is between this one and the previous one; feels like I'm in an arcade; delinquents get away with murder in online game play (feels like a destruction derby); is you start off late playing online it's diffcult to catch-up due to poor balance of cars; and a boring single player campaign.

unless you are 10 years old.. you are waisting your money...
  18. Dec 29, 2013
    So, you are a ps plus subscriber, and one day you see this game free for you. But you hate racing games, you are not good at them and you do not know what to do. If you relate to what has been previously said, then you are like me. A racing games newbie. But boy, I fricking love Grid 2!!!
    First of all, let me tell you what I most love about this game. The controls. There are the triggers
    and the joystiqs and that's it. AWESOME! Less controls, more simplicity is equal to a smooth gameplay, only downed a bit because of a lack of tutorial (Just important for me of course, because I am a rookie at these games). It is also a damn beautiful video game. If you are able to take a minute in the fast-paced gloriously exhilarating gameplay, you will see some ridiculously detailed tracks. Everything about this game is great so far. It also has a pretty extensive variety of game modes to choose from (Elimination being my favourite because of the adrenaline rush).
    Until you are forced to play in the same tracks over and over again, with a little collection of cars. Yes, that is a downfall of Grid 2 because to have so much visual punch and gameplay intensity, they gone down on the car and tracks side. It is ok, Grid 2, I forgive you. But I understand why someone else would not.
    In the end, get Grid 2, even if you don't like racing games. And if you are a PS Plus subscriber and not downloaded this game already, you better hurry, if not, I'm going to pop in your house with a shotgun and the entire cast of "Sons of Anarchy" to punish you for your moronic sins.
  19. Jan 11, 2014
    Very polished graphics, probably the best of any racing game on PS3 perhaps aside from Gran Turismo. There are a good variety of cars each with their own unique handling characteristics which provides a nice blend between arcade and simulation. Racing online can get your adrenaline flowing, and even though the start of each race has a high chance of turning into a huge multi-car wreck, the rewind feature offsets this somewhat and gives you up to 5 second chances. Definitely an enjoyable game, but unless you are a racing addict you may find the replay value somewhat lacking. Expand
  20. Jan 8, 2014
    Grid 2 is yet another Codemasters racing game but can it live up to the other Codemaster's game series. Grid 2 does have a campaign mode that offers some compelling races. You go around the world racing new cars on different tracks and there is quiet a variety. The game play is a mix of arcade style racing and a simulation style. It mixes well enough to keep my playing through the campaign. The multiplayer is standard and is basically the same as the campaign just that you are racing other, more skilled players. The graphics do not stand out, but still run smoothly and do their job. Grid 2 is a good racing game but does not impress like Codemaster's other series and lacks anything unique as its own game. Expand
  21. Jun 2, 2013
    This is good racing games because of the awesome crashes no doubt about that. I find this to be boring after while. The tracks weren't great, but okay. they were to much like grid tracks. Well atleast i got the feeling of that they were. You need racing wheel. Its boring with controller as is every other racing game. Steering was good and and cars were realistic in all way. The game is very linear, but it is good that now it has split screen and multiplayer. It helps this game alot. I liked playing split screen with my friend. I haven't yet tried the multiplayer so this review doesn't count multiplayer.
    In overall this is good game, but the linearity kills this game badly. You should think of buying this game and especially if you liked the first you will like this.
  22. Jun 11, 2013
    wish i could rate this higher but i really cant and i dont know why to be honest. the game looks good however no dashboard views and story seems to jump around alot u seem to go from nobody to superstar in like 1 hour gameplay visually nice but gameplay makes it feel a bit to need for speedy
  23. Jun 19, 2013
    It's OK.

Let's face it, there hasn't been a decent racing game since Burnout 3 and GRiD2 isn't going to change that.

The social-networking backdrop provides us with the most excruciatingly misjudged raison d'etre for car racing that videogamers have ever seen. Whoever came up with that idea needs to be slapped heartily in the face with a cold trout and left outside to think carefully
    about what they've done. It's so insanely stupid that it beggars belief.

On the track things look amazing but, like so many other racers, feel just a little bit off. The cars either slide around like a drunkard on ice skates or grip the tarmac like spiderman. Silly.

It'll pass an hour or three.
  24. Jun 24, 2013
    I wanted to love this game, but after the (Easy) Platinum I'd have to say I like it...there is something missing from the career mode and at times my eye lids were getting heavy in some races. The graphics are ok, the sounds are nice and raspy...Online was fun, but ruined at times by people thinking it's destruction derby...In summary it's a solid, fun racer...it's a light snack though, not a sunday dinner. Expand
  25. Sep 21, 2013
    Sensacional jogo de corridas da Codemasters. Muito bom, em relacao ao primeiro. O online dele muito divertido, graficos bons e jogabilidade excelente. Diversao com certeza.
  26. Jul 12, 2013
    Great, huge, beautiful, love the drift so much
    the sound effects are just amazing with good sound systeme and the in-car view seems real but that's really hard to win with inside camera
  27. Jul 13, 2013
    i waited a long time for this and i wasn't disappointed. in terms of racing, be it one-player or online, this game is second to none. it's handling is much improved on codemaster's previous title (dirt3) with the exception of the 'drift' cars which i just can't get to grips with. the cars, tracks and scenery are beautiful and the frame rate is exceptional. most of the tracks are easy to pick up and hard to master giving the game a lasting appeal. there is good news for trophy hunters as well as developers consulted with fans prior to issuing the trophies and the online gaming is seemingly faultless with one exception. touge. take note, if someone rams into me and i get disqualified that does not maketh a good time. hence grid 2 scores a 9 and not a 10. Expand
  28. Dec 13, 2013
    absolutely the best racing simulation I've ever played. I always wanted realistic damage in racing game and here I've found it good for taking on a opponents but watch your back! exciting. Rewarding. Awesome.
  29. Dec 2, 2013
    I may not be better than the first GRID, or the best Codemasters game, but GRID 2 it's still a gem, and it's another earnest racing game form Codemasters
  30. Mar 10, 2014
    Good, but extremely generic racing game. Tracks lack any sign of their distinct atmosphere, cars are plenty in quantity, but without any character. I liked racing itself, there is nothing wrong with that, but when you want to finish this game, you just keep racing in the same generic tracks only in slight variations all over again that it can become boring quite quickly. Even the voice of the moderator becomes annoying in time as it's repeating the same things all over. The cockpit view is also missing, sadly, but other than that Grid 2 is quite a big dose of racing, which might last you many hours until you're done with the season on higher difficulties or until you've played through the multiplayer enough. 6/10 Expand
  31. Dec 4, 2013
    Wasn't really much of a fan of the first one but Grid 2 greatly improves over it's predecessor. The driving mechanics and customization are greatly improved. The cars feel weighty and respond like a car should. Going around a turn at high speed will kick the rear out and this is where it gets really fun. Not only can you drift cars in the game around turns but it's encouraged. Codemasters finally give you the option to change the color, livery, sponsor decals, and wheels of your car. Still lacking upgrade customization but I find I don't miss it because the racing is so spot on. Grid 2 is a pure racing game where it's all about the racing and not about the bells and whistles! Expand
  32. Jun 29, 2014
    When I saw it in the shops, I thought it was just another one of those racing games. Mediocre graphics, poor handling quality and a game you put down after 10 minutes. But I bought it anyway. Turns out, as soon as I started playing it, I discovered that I was severely mistaken. The graphics were astounding, the handling started out poor BUT I knew I had to get used to it (which I did) and most of all, I loved how your crew manager actually said your name. The career was a bit short for my liking but overall a fantastic game. Highly recommend getting this if you don't have it already. Expand
  33. Nov 19, 2014
    Race Driver Grid demonstrates how fun racing games can be. Codemasters have produced a racing game that many, many racing fans will enjoy, even those who want to take a break from simulation racing. Multiplayer is where Grid shines, 12-player touring car races can be extremely addictive and competitive.
    The graphics for damage are the best I've ever witnessed in a racing game & it could
    potentially be the best racing game of its generation. If you want a balance of arcade and simulation, Race Driver Grid is the definite answer. Expand

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Grid 2 feels rushed and unpolished, there is tons of better arcade racing games out there. I'd rather play the first GRID. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    To be honest, we didn’t quite expected GRID 2. It’s not as refreshing as the first part, but it still offers some spectacular races with amazing controls. Besides that, the multiplayer is of top class level and the audio will make your ears scream for more.
  3. Grid 2 comes close to perfection, but since nothing or nobody is perfect, we would like to point out a few tiny, little flaws. We miss the cockpit view dearly and the game could have benefited greatly from a dynamic weather system and longer races. [June 2013, p.80]