GRID PlayStation 3

8.1

1. AmigaGuruToAks
    Jul 9, 2008
    a huge letdown, the demo was excellent but the game never really specialized it self on anything and it where just plain boring after a few hours. graphics and physics are cool but not outstanding.
  2. TimW.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Grid does not blur the line between simulators and arcade racers, it is a pure arcade racer and does little more than arcade racers before it.
  3. JackH
    Jun 29, 2008
    The graphical presentation is wonderful. The ammount of types of races is nice also...i especially enjoyed the destruction derby match. However my complaint here is the difficulty. I've never ban a fan of any of the gran turismo titles because of the controls in that game. If i can drive better in real life (and i drive like a race car driver) than i can in a racing game...i The graphical presentation is wonderful. The ammount of types of races is nice also...i especially enjoyed the destruction derby match. However my complaint here is the difficulty. I've never ban a fan of any of the gran turismo titles because of the controls in that game. If i can drive better in real life (and i drive like a race car driver) than i can in a racing game...i don't want to play it. I've enjoyed Need for Speed Underground and most wanted thoroughly though it's more of an arcade play control. With all this said, i found the drifting not as easy to maneuver in GRID as i did in Underground which controlled more realistically even. Even with all the normal settings and all the balancing and traction control ON in GRID the game is still a challenge. What upsets me about the difficulty of this game is how just one slip up (knicking the grass or just barely misjudging a curve or getting bumped into an opponent just slightly) can usher you into last place in a hurry, no sympathies. The only saving grace is the "Flashback" feature. but i often found myself needing more than the 4 provided during many given races. So bottom line is...the game is fun, but also quite frustrating at times. It also doesn't make me feel like anything i do is really important and i have no sense of pride in my vehicles. I wish there were deeper customization options...this is the next generation. you're supposed to top PS2 games in every way. Underground 2 had tons of customization items for your vehicles. Still a good game overall. Expand
  4. ChristopherS.
    Jan 28, 2009
    The game can be enjoyable at times and it sure is pretty to look at. I especially love the new and improved replay system. However, the handling is truly awful and is passable only with all assists activated which for all intents and purposes turns the game into a pretty decent arcade racer. The cars feel like hovercraft for there is no sensation of contact between tires and asphalt. The The game can be enjoyable at times and it sure is pretty to look at. I especially love the new and improved replay system. However, the handling is truly awful and is passable only with all assists activated which for all intents and purposes turns the game into a pretty decent arcade racer. The cars feel like hovercraft for there is no sensation of contact between tires and asphalt. The AI needs serious work, it's far too agressive, I liked the adjustable AI in ToCA Race Driver 3, something that should have been carried over. Races quickly devolve into death matches where kamikazee maneuvers and not proper technique is the key to success. The open wheel racing is especially bad which doesn't bode well for their upcoming F1 title. The graphic engine seems to be evolving nicely and everything zips along at a nice stutter-free clip, however the mirrored images are distractingly simplistic. I am of the opinion that if it doesn't look good it shouldn't be there. Some weather effects are also greatly needed. And I could have done without the drift events. Maybe I will grow to like them but I doubt it. I just can't take that sport seriously. Again Codemasters has given us a lot of content, unfortunately, it also comes with a lot of missed opportunities. Expand
  5. AndrewT.
    May 31, 2008
    This game didn't appeal to me when I was playing the demo. The driving in this game really aggravated me when the cars oversteered in a turn. Hopefully the full game will be better than what I experienced in the demo.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    GRID's jostling pack racing and slithery, varied events are almost entirely pure driving pleasure. And that's what it's all about. [June 2008, p.98]
    There are plenty of other racing games on the market, but Grid captures the soul of the track like none other.
  3. Race Driver: GRID is tearing up the tarmac this summer without a challenger in site.