7.1

1. Mar 19, 2013
    To take on the task of bringing a MOBA from PC to Console is a very daunting task. Fortunately, Monolith gets it right. Lord of the Rings is a fantastic universe filled with lore and characters that stand out from the rest- I personally think making a MOBA out of this was a great idea, since you can visually imagine the characters themselves. For example, Beregond, he would obviously be a warrior type where as elven mages like Galadriel would be support. This works in their favor pretty well, and is executed very well. The graphics are very good for what it is, although I will say the Menu Interface is very intimidating at first, feeling clunky and slightly messy. The gameplay is very solid and easy to get a hang of while actually being more in-depth and more than meets the eye. Like any other MOBA, teamwork is key to victories, is teamwork is evident here like in LoL. However I will say that GoME is a MOBA in it's own right and should not be compared to LoL or Dota. There are (unfortunately) lag issues and disconnects that are common even to this day. It can mean the difference between getting hooked or not playing this game at all because it really does become annoying and bothersome. There are also micro-transaction characters you can buy- but why? The characters you can buy with in-game currency are just as good (if not, actually better) than the ones you pay for. Also, survival for $3.99? No thanks. I came to play a MOBA, not a dungeon survival- but I will say it is a nice breath of fresh air. Survival should be free.

Overall, Monolith gets it right. The gameplay (if it doesn't lag) is super fun and very in depth WHILE being user-friendly (Seriously, a new person can be just as good as a regular) and very lore-filled. If it were not for the lag issues, and the $1.99 per character that is not as good as the rest, it would be a solid 9 or 10.
  2. Feb 17, 2013
    Great game, tons of fun when all goes smoothly. Highly competitive games, strategy involved, and teamwork make this game worth the 15$. However, matchmaking issues, long wait times for games, and disconnects during matches hold this game back from its full potential.
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Update for those interested in playing on PS3. The number of people playing can be a bit low at times. Today (10pm EST weeknight) I had half AI on my team. My connection has at least been stable, though. No disconnects. Gameplay, wise, I agree with most other comments here. I am a longtime MOBA player (Dota, HoN, LoL, Dota 2) and this is a pretty decent game for being on a console. It's very simplified, but the mechanics you would want are all there. Laning, pushing, ganking, even a bit of jungling/rune control. The lack of items removes some of the complexity, but makes for a more smooth, less involved game. Good for newbies or MOBA fans who just want to escape the raging in the current game they're playing. This is much more relaxed. I would consider getting this for 360, but I don't want to have to get an Gold subscription. I really don't play my 360 that much (I am mostly a PC Gamer). It's a shame this game seems to be lacking a community, because I would like to play it more for PS3. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2012
    You've seen the hobbit already right?? lol yeah this game was released just at the right time in the marketing world but honestly it's just that good. it has a great graphics engine, great controls, great multiplayer, great story (obviously). it's just all around outstanding.
  5. Dec 11, 2012
    For $15 it's not a bad game. But at least so far, the long lobby waits, often unfilled player slots (about half the time half the "players" are AI), lag times, and the periodic disconnects (so far for me about every 3rd game) are very frustrating. When I can stay connected and the game is actually filled with real players, it's a blast, despite my total lack of tactical and or MOBA skills so far. Hopefully the developer will straighten out the server and matchmaking issues and the player base will remain strong enough for me to enjoy it for at least a couple of weeks. Expand
  6. Dec 10, 2012
    Top level MOBA players will enjoy it as a different way to play their genre as it allows the player to game in a more relaxed loungeroom setting, and new players to the genre will love learning the MOBA style gameplay without the intense pressure of the current pc community. It has a Blizzard-like 'easy to learn, hard to master' mentality and I would recommend it for any gamer.
  7. EZ4
    Dec 9, 2012
    Overall, it is a good MOBA game and it feels complete. The minus points are given for the detailed textures on both the map and characters. It is quite easy to get a moment of confusion when guardians (players) clash, along with soldiers (minions) and animations leaving you in sticky situations despite your reflexes and skills. To me, MOBA games should have simpler designs. I wouldn't see this game becoming an e-sport like other MOBAs on the PC/current market albeit it is worth the price tag and will definitely keep you entertained for quite some time. Whether you're a fan of the genre or not, give it a go with the trial which might just sell you. It isn't without its flaws, some balance and response issues but they are not imposed enough (and certainly not permanent) to stop the player from thoroughly enjoying their experience. Expand
  8. Dec 6, 2012
    Really great game, anyone who like MOBA type games, MUST try this one. Everything is there to have a good time or to go competitive. If you've never tried MOBA games, this is a good opportunity to try it out, easy to learn. This is the best 15$ I've spent in a while!
  9. Dec 6, 2012
    Finally a great MOBA game for the console. Characters are varied and a lot of customization is available using the loadout system. The character balance is good and the developers are active and will correct anything that's out of balance.

It's a steal for $15
  10. Dec 6, 2012
    One of the best gamne on console since a long time we just need more player and this will be an awesome game so everybody who is a fan of Lol,HoN,DotA or Awesomenauts come play on ps3 and youMll have fun!!!
  11. Dec 6, 2012

It's a steal for $15

1. Sep 24, 2013
    This is a well thought out game with a huge amount of complexity. Unfortunately the steep learning curve means the ladder to the top looks almost impossible to climb when you first begin.
  2. Feb 9, 2013
    Great fun and an excellent excuse to recreate your very own Helm's Deep with friends. [March 2013, p.85]
  3. As a Lord of the Rings property, this is disappointing. [Feb 2013, p.112]