7.8

1. Mar 24, 2011
    love the song list for this game but there is nothing other than that to set it apart from the others so if you have played one then you have played them all but i still love going back for more
  2. DonP.
    Oct 31, 2007
    This third installment looses a lot of what made the first two excellent. My largest complaint is that the songs are unnecessarily difficult. When I beat GH1 on Expert, most of the difficulty came from learning the song (what a concept) and mastering a couple tricky licks, but in GH3 it feels like I'm fighting with the controller and notes that seem to be arbitrarily placed on the This third installment looses a lot of what made the first two excellent. My largest complaint is that the songs are unnecessarily difficult. When I beat GH1 on Expert, most of the difficulty came from learning the song (what a concept) and mastering a couple tricky licks, but in GH3 it feels like I'm fighting with the controller and notes that seem to be arbitrarily placed on the fret board. I want to be challenged by the music, not challenged by video game programmers looking to surpass the difficulty of the last release. Expand
  3. JimB.
    Nov 19, 2007
    A suprisingly lackluster effort, even from Activision. Gone are the minimalistic but well executed graphics of the previous games, replaced with what can only be described as Playstation 1 era stick figures. Especially the drummer. Just another example of how selling out can ruin a franchise, and how corporations nearly always fail to grasp the principles behind assets they have had no A suprisingly lackluster effort, even from Activision. Gone are the minimalistic but well executed graphics of the previous games, replaced with what can only be described as Playstation 1 era stick figures. Especially the drummer. Just another example of how selling out can ruin a franchise, and how corporations nearly always fail to grasp the principles behind assets they have had no actual hand in developing. Expand
  4. Mar 24, 2011
    First Guitar Hero game that I have purchased. I enjoyed learning and actually performing the notes on my tiny gameplay guitar. Spent about two weeks perfecting the songs to an average of 95%. Then I didn't care anymore. Really no game play to this type of game at all. I rather watch someone else play it.
  5. HeevinKim
    Oct 27, 2007
    Well, I really do not mind about the graphics in this game. The song list is not what I expected. I wish we could have seen more songs from Metallica such as Master of Puppets or For whom the bell tolls and much more like Enter Sandman, Nothing else matters, Fade to black or Unforgiven. Iron Maiden such as the wicker man! I'd love to see some ACDC in it too.
    Oh well, thanks guys
    Oh well, thanks guys I'm sure ready to enjoy this game.
  6. SethM.
    Oct 31, 2007
    This game is a blast. Definitely a great party game. The easy level is hard enough to be a challenge for a beginner, but not to hard as to get frustrating.
  7. Antti
    Jan 8, 2008
    For those who are new to Guitar hero it's must buy thing for ps3. It rocks totally with lots of good songs and so called filler songs aren't bad either. I liked it. But those who have been playing this game since the first one it doesn't bring anything new to gameplay but couple of new songs to play and new battle mode.
  8. MasJ.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Fun for a while, but then gets boring quick and stays boring.
  9. MatthewC.
    Oct 28, 2007
    Guitar Hero is a great franchise, but when Harmonix left, they took their ability to make a GREAT set list with them. GHIII marks what every true Guitar Hero fan has worried of, a more mainstream than rock approach. This has also been a niche franchise, and to make it anything else shames the GH name. And let's face it; it's the third installment and almost nothing has changed Guitar Hero is a great franchise, but when Harmonix left, they took their ability to make a GREAT set list with them. GHIII marks what every true Guitar Hero fan has worried of, a more mainstream than rock approach. This has also been a niche franchise, and to make it anything else shames the GH name. And let's face it; it's the third installment and almost nothing has changed to the formula. Thankfully Rock Band will be here soon to reaffirm our devotion to this genre in video games. Expand
  10. JeffD.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Unfortunately PS2 owners get shafted on the graphics. The animations are a huge step down in quality and smoothness from the Guitar Hero 2. The performers always look awkward, especially the drummer. Oh, the drummer... (shudder).
  11. Jan 5, 2012
    The game has some classic rock tracks and lets you play them with a guitar controller. The game has four different difficulty settings letting you to progress and beat career mode on the difficulty level that suits you best. The story is surprisingly good and ends with an epic guitar battle. Beating it on Expert level makes you feel very rewarding as you've mastered the entire game.

1. You're in for one hell of a good time. [Oct 2007, p.108]
  2. I got a gang of friends together to test it out and we spent hours unlocking songs and fooling around, but, because some of us are guitar heroes and some are guitar zeroes, having a truly quality time is a tougher than it should be. It's still well worth a look. [Nov 2007, p.63]
  3. Basically more of the same, but we aren't complaining...It's Guitar Hero, it's next-gen, and it's the party game PS3 owners have been waiting for. [Dec 2007, p.74]