7.8

1. JimB.
    Nov 19, 2007
    A suprisingly lackluster effort, even from Activision. Gone are the minimalistic but well executed graphics of the previous games, replaced with what can only be described as Playstation 1 era stick figures. Especially the drummer. Just another example of how selling out can ruin a franchise, and how corporations nearly always fail to grasp the principles behind assets they have had no A suprisingly lackluster effort, even from Activision. Gone are the minimalistic but well executed graphics of the previous games, replaced with what can only be described as Playstation 1 era stick figures. Especially the drummer. Just another example of how selling out can ruin a franchise, and how corporations nearly always fail to grasp the principles behind assets they have had no actual hand in developing. Expand

1. You're in for one hell of a good time. [Oct 2007, p.108]
  2. I got a gang of friends together to test it out and we spent hours unlocking songs and fooling around, but, because some of us are guitar heroes and some are guitar zeroes, having a truly quality time is a tougher than it should be. It's still well worth a look. [Nov 2007, p.63]
  3. Basically more of the same, but we aren't complaining...It's Guitar Hero, it's next-gen, and it's the party game PS3 owners have been waiting for. [Dec 2007, p.74]