7.9

1. Jun 20, 2011
    Outstanding!! Can't honestly say I ever thought rock bands would be this much fun. Recently I decided to have some people over and try out a some of the guitar hero games so we tried Smash Hit, GH5, Beatles rock band and this disc. By far and large the quality of this disc far exceeds the other 3. I do admit I was a huge fan of this band in my earlier days, thus the purchase but it isOutstanding!! Can't honestly say I ever thought rock bands would be this much fun. Recently I decided to have some people over and try out a some of the guitar hero games so we tried Smash Hit, GH5, Beatles rock band and this disc. By far and large the quality of this disc far exceeds the other 3. I do admit I was a huge fan of this band in my earlier days, thus the purchase but it is actually the sheer quality of the production of this disc that is second to none. At first I thought i was bias to liking Metallica so much but I was amazed all my company was so fully entertained with this particular disc. I would have guessed the music would have been too harsh for them but no, of all the guitar heros we played this one seemed to satisfy everyone the most. The most fun was introducing an 8 yr old to Motorhead and the fastness of Metallica's song Battery. Somehow some bands just capture the essense of entertainment whether it is listening or playing. The other discs, well to be honest after playing Metallica I thought they were done just ok at best. They just didn't have the right feel as i felt their songs generally had no very good production values. They sounded tinny. I was most surprized by the Beatles because the reviews went on and on how good the production values were. I just didn't see it. But maybe that's because Guitar Hero Metallica's were so far and above all the others. I definately recommend if you think you can handle some new fast paced music in your life this is outstanding, if you already enjoy the music, wow, you are in for a treat. Expand
  2. Jan 5, 2012
    The game is great. It lets you play all the classic Metallica songs with four different instruments. Game has a great soundtrack consisting of metal and has both easy fun to play songs and very challenging songs.
  3. Mar 5, 2011
    Guitar Hero: Metallica is the best band game to date. Since its old, no matter what its Metallica. Good to the beginning, playing For Whom The Bells Toll and playing Master of Puppets with the double bass pedal on drums gave me blisters. This is something to keep for hard core fans and with the other that are in the game such as Mercyful Fate which makes an apperance especially Lemmy fromGuitar Hero: Metallica is the best band game to date. Since its old, no matter what its Metallica. Good to the beginning, playing For Whom The Bells Toll and playing Master of Puppets with the double bass pedal on drums gave me blisters. This is something to keep for hard core fans and with the other that are in the game such as Mercyful Fate which makes an apperance especially Lemmy from Motorhead and others like Queen, Thin Lizzy, and Judas Priest pretty much help. If only they could put the entire songs from Metallica history, I want to play ...And Justice For All and Battery with its spanish guitar tingle. It's fun to play together with friends just the person who hasen't acknowledged the drums put their difficulty to medium or easy. They should make more of this why not Slipknot or The Beatles (Sorry Taken), how about Aerosmith (We did that its the same thing as Guitar Hero 3). Fun to play and will be buried with it. Expand

A great music game, one that has a track list that almost seems like it was written expressly for the purpose of this title. A lot of care was put into the production to ensure that it is both true to the band and its music, while also offering fans cool insight into the group's on-goings.
  2. With Guitar Hero: Metallica, it looks like Neversoft was able to balance the interests of fans of the band and fans of the franchise.
  3. An amazing track list compiling important songs from every album of the bands history, solid character animations of the band, accurate representations of the stages the band has played on that fans will recognize, a digital "diary" of the band, and even special attacks in the Battle mode. There's not much else you could ask for. Guitar Hero: Metallica sets the bar for upcoming band-specific titles.