Haze PlayStation 3

• Release Date: May 20, 2008
6.5

1. JasonS.
    May 20, 2008
    Mind-numbingly awful. One has to wonder how a developer can put such garbage on the market without knowing it's complete garbage. Are their ego's that large, or are they just hoping the rest of us are that stupid?
  2. PaulS.
    May 21, 2008
    In a packed genre such as FPS there's really no excuse for such a dull, generic and flawed game.
  3. AmitB.
    Wost thing ever to exist on a ps3
  4. cody
    Jun 2, 2008
    This is one of the worst games ever made. its like cysis/farcry/ turok but so much worse because its outright shovelware. i give it 1/10 because its a blu ray disk and you can use the case to hold another game.
  5. JayD.
    Jun 3, 2008
    WTF is with all the STUPIID talking?????Get on with the game!!!!!Rent it..was ok,not overly impressed.COme Resistance 2!!!!!!
  6. Mar 26, 2011
    The plot is a Hijacking mess.
    Ok, you're with the Mantel's...Now you're with the other guys but now you're not and now you're not on any team....and then BLAHBLAHBLAH!
    All the characters are unlikeable stone-cold dick-heads who I seriously want to die. And you are an annoying, whining little school boy, which is hard to beleive after you've mowed down entire colonies of Terrorists. And
    The plot is a Hijacking mess.

And when you do swap sides, it makes NO SENSE.
    They're armour basically turns into cake.

Oh, and when you do swap sides, your current team takes away your : Sights, Scope, HP Indicator, Nectar, all your Shotguns and Rifles and leaves you with a **** Magmum that wouldn't even count as a splinter.

Too annoying, too stupid, and the characters are annoying.

BUT! I played through the game about 5 times, and not one did I encounter a bug...And the Online modes are fun.

Infact, you can even play the Campaign online, so more people from other countries can suffer too! ****
  7. May 18, 2012
    haze in my opinion is one of the WORST games ever made the story is completely uninteresting the characters are very unlikable the graphics look ps2 glitches everywhere the controls are terrible in short this game is just terrible its just sad that this game came from a company that created the masterpiece known as time splitters
  8. Apr 12, 2016
    Esperaba mucho de este juego y me llevé una decepción enorme, no es nada innovador, los tiroteos son toscos y las mecanicas muy pobres, y la historia aunque interesante, está muy mal llevada
  9. Jun 23, 2016
    crap...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  10. YaxleyS.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Major major let down. just didnt work very well. poorly executed. not the killer app promised.
  11. JamesC.
    May 12, 2008
    People should stop voting before they've played this game. I have and it sucks.
  12. HazeS.
    May 20, 2008
    Once I knew this was a PS3 exclusive, I was sure it was like Lair.
  13. RobJ.
    May 20, 2008
    Terrible game, sluggish story utter, boring mediocre gameplay and multiplayer. Slightly enjoyable co-op but apart from that this game is not worth buying. Definitely below average. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't played many FPS in recent times.
  14. MikeyK.
    May 20, 2008
    I got this title a day early due to preordering mistakes. were they serious with this title? I guess i'll just wait for killzone 2.
  15. NickA.
    May 20, 2008
    Man judging from the demo this game is atrocious.
  16. ZachD.
    May 20, 2008
    Worst Game that I have ever played. Gameplay and Graphics are broken, Uwe Boll could write a better story.
  17. RayM
    May 20, 2008
    It's like someone took a dump or a crap inside my ps3.
  18. John
    May 20, 2008
    This is just an absolutey boring game. Graphically it can best be described as crap. If this had come out in 2002 on a PC it might be OK but this is 2008 on a PS3!. The "gimmicky gameplay" is just dull throughout. The AI is indeed a joke, both friendly and enemy. I'm so disapointed about this game. Waited a long time for something awfull.
  19. JohnathanK
    May 21, 2008
    Another horrible PS3 exclusive. What a surprise! Switch to the 360 while you still can.
  20. M.
    May 22, 2008
    This game lacks polish, length, and pretty much everything that makes a game good. Some mere 7hrs of pitiful content doesn't even warrant a rental in my book. It's a kind of game I've come to expect from Blockbuster Licence games, but it seems that Ubisoft managed to stoop into a new low - and surpass even the mighty EA.
  21. Dan
    May 22, 2008
    HUGE disappointment. This had been my 2nd most-anticipated game of 2007, (before it was delayed), and I'm quite shocked at how bad it is.
  22. AndrewA.
    May 24, 2008
    Wow, they really cheaped out on this game. For something that got pushed back. First are the awful graphics. Scenary and weaponry aside, since those aren't half bad. The noticable cop out is in the details. The fact that when you aren't close to the textures they dumb down to the low poly version, I can understand that you would want to dumb down graphics due to disance, but all Wow, they really cheaped out on this game. For something that got pushed back. First are the awful graphics. Scenary and weaponry aside, since those aren't half bad. The noticable cop out is in the details. The fact that when you aren't close to the textures they dumb down to the low poly version, I can understand that you would want to dumb down graphics due to disance, but all you have to do is walk away about 15 feet and they dumb down. Of all the PS3 games I have this is the only one that I've actually noticed, I don't see the reason for it. Next is the obvious, horrendous storyline and voice acting. The story had potential, it started off not so bad, but then later tanked. You could see what the end fight was going to be by about the 3rd or 4th chapter. The never ending swearing. Yes, we get it, you can swear in games, wonderful, the fact that in this game every second or third word is either shit, asshole or fuck. The reload function, this is probably the only realistic, yet annoying, thing on the planet. There's about a 2 or 3 second "click click click" before your character will auto reload. So it's easier to reload after every kill or two or he will reload the second you let go of the R1 button. Finally, the online play. Next to no servers are going, max I've seen is about 10 servers at once and I would have to retry over and over to actually connect to one. The rebels are out matched, troopers have the clear advantage. I rarely ever have the chance to actually steal a gun, it always ends in death, playing dead is useless, the other players know you're playing dead, so they'll camp your body until you despawn, the mine laying is probably your best bet, I'm not sure if they despawn after you die but I'll have to say that they probably do. All in all, this is a bargain game or renter. I would reccomend you not pay the 60$ price tag on it, the only person I would reccomend get this game are the die hard FPS players, but even then, I still wouldn't reccomend it. So there you go, my take on Haze, not that it matters, but really, they could have done so much better. Oh and I forgot, the game is super short, like Heavenly Sword short, but at least Heavenly Sword was good. Expand
  23. RogerS.
    May 26, 2008
    Bought it 2 days ago, sold it today and of course didn't finish it. Why? Because it's ugly and absolutely not fun!
  24. JohnB.
    May 27, 2008
    This game is awful. The graphics is basically on the ps2 level, the gameplay mechanics is broken and the story is sooo corny it couldn't make it on a crappy morning show. It's the most generic story with awful voice acting with a crap script. Also, the game is filled with bugs. The AI is very stupid.
  25. AndrewT.
    May 31, 2008
    An anticipated FPS PS3 exclusive gone terribly horrible. I would say rental would be the best for this game. The AI and the story didnt appeal to me at all. A very disappointing game. Good Job Ubisoft you did it again.
  26. DavidW.
    Jun 1, 2008
    What a load of crap, go back to the TimeSplitter games because this was an epic fail.
  27. KevinM.
    Jun 10, 2008
    Probably the worst game in all history.
  28. LD
    Jun 16, 2008
    This game looked like it was gonna be 1 of the gr8 ones. I played it & it sucked big time. With the glitches, teammates that suck at helping you out and the fact that i had 2 pay $60 for this crap makes me really bad. I WANT MY $$ BACK!!!!!!!!!! almost as bad as i wanted back the necter that i only got to use 4 a bit.
  29. mikes
    Jul 1, 2008
    Clunky controls, horrible A.I, even worse story, and zero fun factor. HAZE should have lived up to the Timesplitters series... instead it's the PS3s biggest disappointment.
  30. DennisD.
    Nov 12, 2008
    AVOID THIS GAME.... I generally have an affinity for mediocre shooters and play just about all of them. I thoroughly enjoyed Turok, Timeshift, Blacksite, even Turning point. With that said I absolutely hated this game... it wasn't fun at all. The coolest part of the game was juicing yourself with nector and mowing down the rebels. For some strange reason though the devs decided to AVOID THIS GAME.... I generally have an affinity for mediocre shooters and play just about all of them. I thoroughly enjoyed Turok, Timeshift, Blacksite, even Turning point. With that said I absolutely hated this game... it wasn't fun at all. The coolest part of the game was juicing yourself with nector and mowing down the rebels. For some strange reason though the devs decided to take away the best part of the game after about a half hour of play. Idiots! Seriously though this game blows... don't even bother. The vehicle sections are even worse than Blacksite. My vote for worst FPS of all time. Expand
  31. TylerH
    Apr 23, 2009
    I have to rate this a 0 because I paid full price for it on the day it was released. Hadn't I, it may have gotten a measly 1.5 or so. Dispite some users positive reviews, this is not a good game, not are te graphics at all good. This is a last gen game that appears rushed or perhaps ported to the ps3 instead of the ps2. The only decent graphics in the game are the characters I have to rate this a 0 because I paid full price for it on the day it was released. Hadn't I, it may have gotten a measly 1.5 or so. Dispite some users positive reviews, this is not a good game, not are te graphics at all good. This is a last gen game that appears rushed or perhaps ported to the ps3 instead of the ps2. The only decent graphics in the game are the characters (people). Shading is bad, 2D and flat backgrounds are hilarious to look at, gun models look and feel odd, vegetation textures are half-life 1. Maybe if this game had come out a couple years into the ps2's cycle of dominance, it may have thrilled some people and justifyed its price besides living up to the expectations that mostly Free Radical put on this title. Free Radical recently closed and Crytek bought them, hopefully that will be the kick in the ass that they need to start producing half way decent games again. At the very least, they can use the CryEngine instead of there Half-Life 1 from 1998-99 engine. I'd like to know where alot of the pics online of the in-game graphics came from, because your not ever viewing anything that good. Completly pre-rendered stills at there best. Actual gameplay is horrid. As you progress through the game, its pathetic in its telling of the crappy plot with the over-redundant characters that have been seen everywhere for the past 8 years, all of whom can't speak one sentence without you wanting to shoot there face off... while at the same time continously cursing and it doesnt fit the setting. AI is poor, to the point you can run around and shoot them in the face without much trouble. Generally hard to look around unless using nectar, which you dont get enough of, nor does it prove a strong enough "drug" to really need to use in the first place (storyline wise). Extremely short. Co-op is a nice feature, but why bother because the games terrible in its execution in all areas. Multiplayer is a joke due to its glitches and graphics, along with playing dead, dont work. Overall, this games only redeeming quality to me was the fact that I got 20 bucks for selling it right before the games price dropped. Dont even waste the money to rent it. Just look up some vids or pics of the game and that will be more interesting, or put in a video game you know you like, otherwise your wasting your time/money. One of the most significant gaming disappointments for me, up with Far Cry 2. Expand
  32. May 31, 2012
    Easily the worst game I've ever purchased in my life. The story does not make any literal sense, there is freezing and blacking in cutscenes that also do not make any sense. Characters are incredibly dumb and voice acting is amazingly awful. By far some of the worst in any game of this generation. Boring gameplay. Sounds are awful, graphics are awful. Nothing good from this old piece ofEasily the worst game I've ever purchased in my life. The story does not make any literal sense, there is freezing and blacking in cutscenes that also do not make any sense. Characters are incredibly dumb and voice acting is amazingly awful. By far some of the worst in any game of this generation. Boring gameplay. Sounds are awful, graphics are awful. Nothing good from this old piece of shovelware. Expand
  33. Jun 17, 2013
    Just nah, i tried to play this game but i gave up. I started and it was only s mediocre shooting game with that nectar thing, nothing impressive or innovative. The multiplayer with splitscreen can give you some minutes of fun, but nothing more.
  34. Oct 13, 2013
    Haze is the perfect example of how it should be developed Fps. A dull plot, just a discrete graphics and gameplay unoriginal and unfunny represent 4 defects not indifferent. If the free-radical should engage more Haze could become the new Killzone, but unfortunately it did not happen. A title to be left on the shelf without much thought.

1. More narratively cohesive than the Halo trilogy, but less inventive and compelling than Resistance: Fall Of Man, Haze does finally give us a self-aware portrait of videogame soldiers, and a foil for all the head-butting, "boo-yah" behavior that's been the norm for far too long in the medium. Too bad it's paired with one of the more pedestrian FPS games to come along in recent years.
    Haze does not live up to the company's reputation thanks to a horrible plot, weak gameplay mechanics and visuals that are truly underwhelming. While playing with friends is enjoyable, not even those are enough to bring this lackluster title around.
  3. Ultimately, Haze is still sitting in the wake of Call of Duty 4, and falls into that category of being just another FPS.