• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: May 20, 2008
6.6

1. Oct 16, 2011
    The game is interesting and the idea of the story is very good. Unfortunely the story mode is crap. Fortunely the multiplayer saves the game by being very good, just like any other Free Radical title's multiplayer. Even better is the fact, that the game is still alive.
  2. AlexA
    Dec 4, 2008
    This game requires each gamer personal opinion. No question about it. In my opinion - its realy fun game. If you like Call of Duty and Sci-Fi, HAZE waits you, but not critics haze of course.
  3. AmitB.
    Wost thing ever to exist on a ps3
  4. PaulM.
    May 24, 2008
    The low scores are lies. Reviewers in the UK, Japan and Australia have rated haze as high as 9/10. Mantel represents the US Army. Nectar is the US Army's arrogance and the propaganda it uses. That's why US sites are bashing the game. Plain and simple.
  5. cody
    Jun 2, 2008
    This is one of the worst games ever made. its like cysis/farcry/ turok but so much worse because its outright shovelware. i give it 1/10 because its a blu ray disk and you can use the case to hold another game.
  6. CarlJ.
    May 20, 2008
    This game is good. It isn't the best game out there, but it is definately worthy of a higher score than that (i'm looking at you IGN!)
  7. PaulS.
    May 21, 2008
    In a packed genre such as FPS there's really no excuse for such a dull, generic and flawed game.
  8. JasonS.
    May 20, 2008
    Mind-numbingly awful. One has to wonder how a developer can put such garbage on the market without knowing it's complete garbage. Are their ego's that large, or are they just hoping the rest of us are that stupid?
  9. JayD.
    Jun 3, 2008
    WTF is with all the STUPIID talking?????Get on with the game!!!!!Rent it..was ok,not overly impressed.COme Resistance 2!!!!!!
  10. Mar 26, 2011
    The plot is a Hijacking mess.
    Ok, you're with the Mantel's...Now you're with the other guys but now you're not and now you're not on any team....and then BLAHBLAHBLAH!
    All the characters are unlikeable stone-cold dick-heads who I seriously want to die. And you are an annoying, whining little school boy, which is hard to beleive after you've mowed down entire colonies of Terrorists. And
    The plot is a Hijacking mess.

And when you do swap sides, it makes NO SENSE.
    They're armour basically turns into cake.

Oh, and when you do swap sides, your current team takes away your : Sights, Scope, HP Indicator, Nectar, all your Shotguns and Rifles and leaves you with a **** Magmum that wouldn't even count as a splinter.

Too annoying, too stupid, and the characters are annoying.

BUT! I played through the game about 5 times, and not one did I encounter a bug...And the Online modes are fun.

Infact, you can even play the Campaign online, so more people from other countries can suffer too! ****
  11. Avark
    May 20, 2008
    Great game and lovely graphics. The sound is great and the nectar game mechanic is brill. Top marks!!!
  12. RobJ.
    May 20, 2008
    Terrible game, sluggish story utter, boring mediocre gameplay and multiplayer. Slightly enjoyable co-op but apart from that this game is not worth buying. Definitely below average. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't played many FPS in recent times.
  13. MikeyK.
    May 20, 2008
    I got this title a day early due to preordering mistakes. were they serious with this title? I guess i'll just wait for killzone 2.
  14. SimonD.
    May 24, 2008
    I played this agame and loved it. i am bored of all the other shootes out there atm, this has a different angle.
  15. stevet
    May 20, 2008
    Ignore the idiotic IGN review - the guy has a private agenda!
  16. BobJ.
    May 29, 2008
    THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!! the guns are cool, the plot is a bit different, and the whole nectar thing is amazing.
  17. BradleyD.
    Jun 8, 2008
    After the hype that we endured, Haze proved to be an underwhelming delivery of an interesting idea. Done right, this game could have lived up to it's own speculation and become PS3's Halo.
  18. ChristopherS.
    Jun 8, 2008
    I had a feeling this game wasn't going to be as bad as many were claiming. I rented it, finished it in five days and was for the most part entertained. The graphics are very good, despite what many have said. This graphics engine is a winner and I look forward to playing other games that utilize it. In fact I consider this one of the best looking first person shooters I have ever I had a feeling this game wasn't going to be as bad as many were claiming. I rented it, finished it in five days and was for the most part entertained. The graphics are very good, despite what many have said. This graphics engine is a winner and I look forward to playing other games that utilize it. In fact I consider this one of the best looking first person shooters I have ever played on a console. The textures are sharp and the engine does a fantastic job with big open spaces. Visually very impressive. Most importantly it runs smoothly with no frame-rate issues whatsoever. The controls are precise and responsive, what more can you ask for? Granted the AI wasn't perfect but AI never is and for the most part it was better than adequate. Was the story lame? Not more then any other. Was the voice acting bad? No, it was average at worst. I really don't know what people were expecting? Were their expectations just so incredibly and unrealistically high? Granted this game isn't worth 60 bucks, but not many games are. It definitely is worth a rental. I am glad I rented it and I don't regret spending roughly six to eight hours playing it. Expand
  19. mikes
    Jul 1, 2008
    Clunky controls, horrible A.I, even worse story, and zero fun factor. HAZE should have lived up to the Timesplitters series... instead it's the PS3s biggest disappointment.
  20. MattM.
    Oct 30, 2007
    it looks like a promising game, but the fact that people are giving it 10's already is ridiculous. Ps3 fans are desperate for a good game, sony is banking on this one to come through, or things could turn disasterous.
  21. daver
    Oct 14, 2008
    Its a fun game at its core. isnt what games is all about???I liked the graphics, trust me ive seen worst than that. to anyone who liked the timesplitters serie, youll feel at home playing this, the controls are tight, the gameplay is solid, team assault online is a blast. my only concern is the that the game can freaking hard at time, even in multiplayer coop. just ridiculously hard, to Its a fun game at its core. isnt what games is all about???I liked the graphics, trust me ive seen worst than that. to anyone who liked the timesplitters serie, youll feel at home playing this, the controls are tight, the gameplay is solid, team assault online is a blast. my only concern is the that the game can freaking hard at time, even in multiplayer coop. just ridiculously hard, to the point where we had to stop and play something else. anyway, if youre not ready to pay a full 60$ on it, wait to get in the bargain bin at 30$ or so. its worth your time. one thing for sure, I had high expectations for this game and they werent met, I'll wait and see with timesplitters 4. Expand
  22. MichelS.
    Feb 22, 2008
    This PS3-only game is a real HALO rival. If you saw the trailers of it, you will know its awesome features. This game is the Halo of the PS3. It is so fun that you will be so happy buying the game once released!
  23. Harry
    Mar 21, 2008
    Looks better than halo, and its a ps3 exclusive, runs well too.
  24. MJBB
    May 11, 2008
    Awesome game, plays like COD4 in the future.
  25. KayN.
    May 10, 2008
    From what I've played it's a really good game. The idea of online co-op campaign is also good. It's got alot of humour in it as well. I can't see how this game will fall short unlesss it's campaign is not very long but it beats Conflict: Denied Ops by a mile
  26. ArmadilloW.
    May 16, 2008
    Pretty damn amazing game. Getting to play both sides is cool. The co-op mode makes this game a 10!
  27. JacobF.
    May 19, 2008
    10 hour short single player but loads of fun to play over and over again on coop and a long lasting online multiplayer, great graphics, gameplay, and new ideas awesome game must buy for ps3 owners.
  28. dash
    Hardly anything special.
  29. HenryS.
    May 20, 2008
    Reviewers really need to stop dipping their pens in the buckets of cash coming from their entertainment media owners. IGN was obviously paid to slam Haze. The graphics are on par - not revolutionary but not horrible. The plot is on par - not quite Tom Clancy but not as retarded as the likes of Halo. The gameplay is the best of any FPS on the PS3 at this time. What are they talking about?
  30. M.
    May 22, 2008
    This game lacks polish, length, and pretty much everything that makes a game good. Some mere 7hrs of pitiful content doesn't even warrant a rental in my book. It's a kind of game I've come to expect from Blockbuster Licence games, but it seems that Ubisoft managed to stoop into a new low - and surpass even the mighty EA.
  31. firstpersonshooterking
    May 20, 2008
    I think the review has been harsh on IGN. This game delivers everything promised. The mantle soldiers are fired up by blood lust and the truth of the situation eventually dawns and you switch sides. The graphics are consistantly good with that of pther ps3 experiences. I think there are a few xbox fanboys out there who are looking to protect their halo bragging rights.
  32. HazeS.
    May 20, 2008
    Once I knew this was a PS3 exclusive, I was sure it was like Lair.
  33. tomk.
    May 23, 2008
    I thought this game was great the game graphics were incredeble, that the prologe of the game was very intresting and i cant wait till the next comes out and the 4 player co op mode makes me take a run for my money and i dont regret the money i spent on HAZE.
  34. sweetp
    May 23, 2008
    the question is, with all of these bad and half good reviews, is it possible that this many critics could be wrong? the answer is, yes. clearly, too many expected one thing, and got another. i'm loving everything about it. the story is funny, dark and smart. the graphics have a glow about them. not every wall is amazing to look at. but, the graphics are impressive. a few spots in the the question is, with all of these bad and half good reviews, is it possible that this many critics could be wrong? the answer is, yes. clearly, too many expected one thing, and got another. i'm loving everything about it. the story is funny, dark and smart. the graphics have a glow about them. not every wall is amazing to look at. but, the graphics are impressive. a few spots in the game stand out. as in, fair better than even that of bioshock, for one instance. the swamps, in particular, for swamps, were the best i have seen in a game. the gameplay is the kind, where i'm not having to ask myself if i'm having a great time. i'm always moving, and always enjoying the heck out of myself, playing it. listen, i don't see what the big deal is. and, i'm not blind. not dumb. not biased. i'm just saying, i'm personally highly impressed with haze. i'm proud to show it off to my friends without a ps3 to play it on. and, already, those friends think it's incredible. they all wished they had it. so, maybe you will like it. maybe you won't. but, just because twenty burnt-out critics agree on something, doesn't make it true. Expand
    May 24, 2008
    One of the best games I played this year although the graphics are outdated the rest of the game easily makes up for it.
  36. RogerS.
    May 26, 2008
    Bought it 2 days ago, sold it today and of course didn't finish it. Why? Because it's ugly and absolutely not fun!
  37. JohnB.
    May 27, 2008
    This game is awful. The graphics is basically on the ps2 level, the gameplay mechanics is broken and the story is sooo corny it couldn't make it on a crappy morning show. It's the most generic story with awful voice acting with a crap script. Also, the game is filled with bugs. The AI is very stupid.
  38. KeetM.
    May 27, 2008
    Great Story and Awesome 4 player Co-op give you a unforgettable experience.
  39. GustavA.
    May 20, 2008
    Its a pretty decent game. It lays down what should be standard. But in the same time it has some flaws. Its a game were you either like it, or not.
  40. JerryL.
    May 30, 2008
    I was very skeptical but now I'm a... believer!! HAZE is quite a unique FPS. At first it seems normal, you run around and get some dialogue going, easy missions, but once you get your nectar on - a sort of omni-enhancer which speeds things up, makes you stronger, gives you trippy visuals ETC - the game becomes really intense. And once the conspiracies start setting in, you've I was very skeptical but now I'm a... believer!! HAZE is quite a unique FPS. At first it seems normal, you run around and get some dialogue going, easy missions, but once you get your nectar on - a sort of omni-enhancer which speeds things up, makes you stronger, gives you trippy visuals ETC - the game becomes really intense. And once the conspiracies start setting in, you've got yourself a classic FPS. Expand
  41. SimonP
    May 30, 2008
    Better than the reviews say it is... If anything, some elements of the story could have been explored more thoroughly such as Nectar side effects, Mantels history and Shane's (the character you play as) backstory.
  42. KevinM.
    Jun 10, 2008
    Probably the worst game in all history.
  43. DavidW.
    Jun 1, 2008
    What a load of crap, go back to the TimeSplitter games because this was an epic fail.
  44. Jared
    Jul 16, 2008
    This game was ok but not horrible like everyone is making it out to be. The only reason the reviews are so low is because the game was over-hyped. Everyone thought it would be excellent but it just turned out average so everyone was angry so they gave it really low scores. The worst thing about this game is the flamethrower graphics.
  45. C.Davenport
    Sep 25, 2008
    Haze isn't as good as it should have been, but it's far from the bomb it's been made out to be. Free Radical's narrative shines right through the muddy graphics and disappointing level design, but in the end Haze proves to be a disappointing offering. Here's hoping the developer's next effort makes good on their exceptional history.
  46. Gordy
    Apr 19, 2009
    First of all let me warn you, these graphics are pretty rough for a PS3 game. Think "Black" for xbox one only slightly better. Having said that, i found the game play to be nice and tight. Using the nectar was a blast because it encouraged you to go out "balls to the wall" into a room full of guys w/guns blazing. Which i found a nice change from all the other "cover" heavy shooters. Also First of all let me warn you, these graphics are pretty rough for a PS3 game. Think "Black" for xbox one only slightly better. Having said that, i found the game play to be nice and tight. Using the nectar was a blast because it encouraged you to go out "balls to the wall" into a room full of guys w/guns blazing. Which i found a nice change from all the other "cover" heavy shooters. Also this had some of the best voice acting and story i've seen in a game. Especially Moreno. The main character is kinda a weiner, but it fits well w/the story. I bought this for $13 at gamestop used, and i think it's a great game. Would i have been pissed had i spent $60 on it? Maybe, but all in all this should be in everyone's collection now that it's at this price. Plus how many other games let you play through the normally single player campaign mode w/three of your buddies online! Plus how the gameplay and everything changes halfway through was really cool and interesting. Yeah, it's not the best but if you like decent shooters, pick up a used copy and 8 hrs later when you beat it, you'll be glad you did. Expand
  47. guyr.
    Nov 16, 2008
    I really like the online multiplayer on this game. the team death match is so much fun. i dont care about story mode. this game has a ton of maps too which is a huge plus. great game. i know it sounds fanboyish but really its not. im going to have tons of fun with this game no matter what anyone says.
  48. JamesC.
    May 12, 2008
    People should stop voting before they've played this game. I have and it sucks.
  49. DennisK
    May 19, 2008
    Have been playing for the last three days. Good game but a little glitchy here and there. AI needs a little improvement. Server's are not up yet so I have not tried the online multiplayer, but single campaign mode is good. So far it is a solid 8 - 8.5 for me. Good graphics, but not COD4 good. I am liking it more and more the further along I get into the campaign. Can't wait to Have been playing for the last three days. Good game but a little glitchy here and there. AI needs a little improvement. Server's are not up yet so I have not tried the online multiplayer, but single campaign mode is good. So far it is a solid 8 - 8.5 for me. Good graphics, but not COD4 good. I am liking it more and more the further along I get into the campaign. Can't wait to try the multiplayer! Expand
  50. WillD
    May 21, 2008
    Dear oh dear. My hopes were high for this game but alas its just a standard shooter. It's worth a rent but nothing more. Alot of people who preordered this game or upgraded from an Xbox 360 to a PS3 are going to be disappointed. At least there still is MGS4 to look forward to.
  51. SalM.
    May 21, 2008
    WHOA! The haters are so wrong. A lot of people are hating on this game, but they MUST be playing something other than Haze. Though not the best I
  52. AustinB
    May 21, 2008
    This game is incredibly fun. After playing for several hours, I find it hard to put down. While the graphics may not be on par with some of the other games that have recently come out, they are NOT "bad" as some of the reviews say, and the story isn't BAD either. The story (no -important- spoilers) is very intriguing. It shows the negative effects of war without consciousness of This game is incredibly fun. After playing for several hours, I find it hard to put down. While the graphics may not be on par with some of the other games that have recently come out, they are NOT "bad" as some of the reviews say, and the story isn't BAD either. The story (no -important- spoilers) is very intriguing. It shows the negative effects of war without consciousness of consequences and lack of morals. The main character is believable, and you truly begin to care about him throughout the course of the story. Both sides are fun to play as, each side having advantages and disadvantages. I won't go into them all, but Nectar is both a blessing and a curse. Forced overdoses can lead to massive team death, while correct doses can lead to faster takedown of the enemy. I enjoy this game, and therefore I believe it deserves an 8.5-9. Expand
  53. BobS.
    May 20, 2008
    Good game but Ign are fanboys.
  54. AmandaH.
    May 20, 2008
    Top Marks for a first person shooter which breaks the mould. Well done frd for this game!
  55. NickA.
    May 20, 2008
    Man judging from the demo this game is atrocious.
  56. ZachD.
    May 20, 2008
    Worst Game that I have ever played. Gameplay and Graphics are broken, Uwe Boll could write a better story.
  57. EarlP.
    May 20, 2008
    The graphics are mediocre but so far the plot and gameplay are amazing! people keep comparing this game to halo but it's not all that similar. depends on what you're looking for. this is a lot more intelligent.
  58. JohnathanK
    May 21, 2008
    Another horrible PS3 exclusive. What a surprise! Switch to the 360 while you still can.
  59. MichaelW.
    May 20, 2008
    Ended up renting instead of buying because of the IGN review... had high hopes, then they crushed 'em. now i'm buying it. they're wrong. it's the best ps3 game i've played.
  60. RayM
    May 20, 2008
    It's like someone took a dump or a crap inside my ps3.
  61. John
    May 20, 2008
    This is just an absolutey boring game. Graphically it can best be described as crap. If this had come out in 2002 on a PC it might be OK but this is 2008 on a PS3!. The "gimmicky gameplay" is just dull throughout. The AI is indeed a joke, both friendly and enemy. I'm so disapointed about this game. Waited a long time for something awfull.
  62. JeffA.
    May 22, 2008
    The game is easily 8 / 10. There is no way Haze is 40 out of 100. Ask yourself this, most sites that previewed early builds of the game liked it. Now the game launches at it's 40 / 100? I'm not sure what SDTV reviewers were playing on but the graphics are fine. They look a lot like rainbow Six Vegas 2 graphics to me and nobody slammed that game for it's graphics. The AI is The game is easily 8 / 10. There is no way Haze is 40 out of 100. Ask yourself this, most sites that previewed early builds of the game liked it. Now the game launches at it's 40 / 100? I'm not sure what SDTV reviewers were playing on but the graphics are fine. They look a lot like rainbow Six Vegas 2 graphics to me and nobody slammed that game for it's graphics. The AI is no different than most games. Enemies roll to avoid bullets and limp when shot. Sure your squadmates are jerks. They are supposed to be. They are on drugs. Most reviewers missed this point. It's like your squad is on a combination of steroids and meth and they are supposed to be professional soldiers? I think the reviewers that scored this game low are in a Haze. Maybe too much Nectar. Expand
  63. TrevorB.
    May 22, 2008
    Better game than the reviews it's getting, it's much better than turok and that got 7's and 8's
  64. Dan
    May 22, 2008
    HUGE disappointment. This had been my 2nd most-anticipated game of 2007, (before it was delayed), and I'm quite shocked at how bad it is.
  65. RejaurR.
    May 23, 2008
    Very good game as the story line is very good and the the graphics are excellent.
  66. AndrewA.
    May 24, 2008
    Wow, they really cheaped out on this game. For something that got pushed back. First are the awful graphics. Scenary and weaponry aside, since those aren't half bad. The noticable cop out is in the details. The fact that when you aren't close to the textures they dumb down to the low poly version, I can understand that you would want to dumb down graphics due to disance, but all Wow, they really cheaped out on this game. For something that got pushed back. First are the awful graphics. Scenary and weaponry aside, since those aren't half bad. The noticable cop out is in the details. The fact that when you aren't close to the textures they dumb down to the low poly version, I can understand that you would want to dumb down graphics due to disance, but all you have to do is walk away about 15 feet and they dumb down. Of all the PS3 games I have this is the only one that I've actually noticed, I don't see the reason for it. Next is the obvious, horrendous storyline and voice acting. The story had potential, it started off not so bad, but then later tanked. You could see what the end fight was going to be by about the 3rd or 4th chapter. The never ending swearing. Yes, we get it, you can swear in games, wonderful, the fact that in this game every second or third word is either shit, asshole or fuck. The reload function, this is probably the only realistic, yet annoying, thing on the planet. There's about a 2 or 3 second "click click click" before your character will auto reload. So it's easier to reload after every kill or two or he will reload the second you let go of the R1 button. Finally, the online play. Next to no servers are going, max I've seen is about 10 servers at once and I would have to retry over and over to actually connect to one. The rebels are out matched, troopers have the clear advantage. I rarely ever have the chance to actually steal a gun, it always ends in death, playing dead is useless, the other players know you're playing dead, so they'll camp your body until you despawn, the mine laying is probably your best bet, I'm not sure if they despawn after you die but I'll have to say that they probably do. All in all, this is a bargain game or renter. I would reccomend you not pay the 60$ price tag on it, the only person I would reccomend get this game are the die hard FPS players, but even then, I still wouldn't reccomend it. So there you go, my take on Haze, not that it matters, but really, they could have done so much better. Oh and I forgot, the game is super short, like Heavenly Sword short, but at least Heavenly Sword was good. Expand
  67. DanieleM.
    May 25, 2008
    Do not believe all those stupid reviews!! I am playing Haze since yesterday and it is really a great game! The stupid reviewers are maybe too drunk of GTAIV to understand the value of this game! Fuck off "professional" journalists!!!
  68. BernardK
    May 26, 2008
    If anybody tells you the PS3 has no good games they haven't played this yet! it's great, and then you get your nectar on and it becomes a psychedelic, fast paced craze. you really need to check this one out.
  69. HenryL.
    May 26, 2008
    It has it's moments and is worth playing if you don't have Halo3 or Gears but it needed to be quite a bit better than Resistance to justify all the hype.
  70. BrianW.
    May 28, 2008
    As an RPG junky who only dabbles in FPS I have to say I'm very impressed with the plot and its progression. It ends up being a tragedy with lots of irony and co dependence between a small time individual (you) and a huge company... from there the spoilers become rampant! So check it out yourself.
  71. SuboofF.
    Jun 1, 2008
    This game is far from excellent. There are many reasons i could see to have delayed this game even more than it already was, but they rushed it to release (even with a 6month delay). However, that being said, what is done well in this game is done very well. If they (FRD) would release a stability patch, it would solve alot of the negatives of this game. A higher res texture pack with This game is far from excellent. There are many reasons i could see to have delayed this game even more than it already was, but they rushed it to release (even with a 6month delay). However, that being said, what is done well in this game is done very well. If they (FRD) would release a stability patch, it would solve alot of the negatives of this game. A higher res texture pack with more effecient streaming would also make me much happier having shelled out $60 on this game. Expand
  72. DragOn
    Jun 10, 2008
    I have never seen a FPS that talked so damn much. It's rediculous! ! !
  73. GrantLancaster
    Jun 15, 2008
    Stupid AI but worth playing
  74. DeonM.
    Jul 14, 2008
    Whoever said this game was well-worth a rent, was lying through his teeth. I had the pleasent experience first hand.After playing the campaign- mode for about 45 minutes(struggling with dodgy controls through even dodgier graphics) I decided to give the multiplayer mode a try.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Haze is a complete waste of PS3`s time, and by the looks of it, wouldn`t even have been a Whoever said this game was well-worth a rent, was lying through his teeth. I had the pleasent experience first hand.After playing the campaign- mode for about 45 minutes(struggling with dodgy controls through even dodgier graphics) I decided to give the multiplayer mode a try.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Haze is a complete waste of PS3`s time, and by the looks of it, wouldn`t even have been a classic on PS2. How can you release a game like this unless you`re just looking to make a quick buck? Nobody can recommend this. Instead buy Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 or Devil May Cry 4 now if you haven`t already and see how a next-Gen game should play. Expand
  75. JaneP.
    Aug 1, 2008
    Very playable, excellent twist part way through. Made a change to have to change stlye of play, with each having their own characteristics. Would happily recommend this game. Something a little different from the norm.
  76. TylerH
    Apr 23, 2009
    I have to rate this a 0 because I paid full price for it on the day it was released. Hadn't I, it may have gotten a measly 1.5 or so. Dispite some users positive reviews, this is not a good game, not are te graphics at all good. This is a last gen game that appears rushed or perhaps ported to the ps3 instead of the ps2. The only decent graphics in the game are the characters I have to rate this a 0 because I paid full price for it on the day it was released. Hadn't I, it may have gotten a measly 1.5 or so. Dispite some users positive reviews, this is not a good game, not are te graphics at all good. This is a last gen game that appears rushed or perhaps ported to the ps3 instead of the ps2. The only decent graphics in the game are the characters (people). Shading is bad, 2D and flat backgrounds are hilarious to look at, gun models look and feel odd, vegetation textures are half-life 1. Maybe if this game had come out a couple years into the ps2's cycle of dominance, it may have thrilled some people and justifyed its price besides living up to the expectations that mostly Free Radical put on this title. Free Radical recently closed and Crytek bought them, hopefully that will be the kick in the ass that they need to start producing half way decent games again. At the very least, they can use the CryEngine instead of there Half-Life 1 from 1998-99 engine. I'd like to know where alot of the pics online of the in-game graphics came from, because your not ever viewing anything that good. Completly pre-rendered stills at there best. Actual gameplay is horrid. As you progress through the game, its pathetic in its telling of the crappy plot with the over-redundant characters that have been seen everywhere for the past 8 years, all of whom can't speak one sentence without you wanting to shoot there face off... while at the same time continously cursing and it doesnt fit the setting. AI is poor, to the point you can run around and shoot them in the face without much trouble. Generally hard to look around unless using nectar, which you dont get enough of, nor does it prove a strong enough "drug" to really need to use in the first place (storyline wise). Extremely short. Co-op is a nice feature, but why bother because the games terrible in its execution in all areas. Multiplayer is a joke due to its glitches and graphics, along with playing dead, dont work. Overall, this games only redeeming quality to me was the fact that I got 20 bucks for selling it right before the games price dropped. Dont even waste the money to rent it. Just look up some vids or pics of the game and that will be more interesting, or put in a video game you know you like, otherwise your wasting your time/money. One of the most significant gaming disappointments for me, up with Far Cry 2. Expand
  77. OliverT.
    Dec 15, 2007
    looks amasing, if it has everything the developer says it does it shud be THE BEST game ever, awsome online , great storyline, (you get to switch sides) no load time im hoping that it wont turn out rubbish like other hyped up games... shame about the delay but, if there is a problem im glad they delay it rather than ruin the game by relasing a bugy game
  78. JohnH
    Dec 6, 2008
    Ignore the microsoft fanboys who gave this a 0: They probably didn't even play the game. No, this game wasn't good, it was average. But it certainly wasn't below that either.
  79. YaxleyS.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Major major let down. just didnt work very well. poorly executed. not the killer app promised.
  80. SeanR
    Feb 22, 2008
    Haze looks to a very exciting game, from what I've seen. Plenty of online fun, and the co-op looks entertaining. The story looks intriguing, and Nectar seems pretty cool. The player's abilities look well done.
  81. Echo-4Whiskey
    May 21, 2008
    Wasn't this the game that the developers said the XBOX 360 couldn't handle? That only the power of the PS3 could play it? Well, what a load of crap! Gears of War and Halo totally blow this one away, talk about a total letdown. I was way too excited about this one. Hopefully Killzone 2 will finally give us PS3 players a decent FPS.
  82. Zak
    May 21, 2008
    First my only interest is on the solo campaign. Good story, better than a over hyped games that we needs to buy the novel to understand.
  83. GeorgiaW.
    This game is a well needed fps on the ps3, and it
  84. HelmuthR.
    May 25, 2008
    This is a pretty nice first person shooter on PS3 with a nice story and some cool new gameplay features. Co-op modes are also very nice and still kind of unique these days.
  85. dbdb
    May 26, 2008
    Coop mode is fun but the story is boring and I will never buy another game that has ubisoft anywhere on the cover because everything they touch seems to fall apart vevn when respectable company's develop the games.
  86. BrianB.
    May 26, 2008
    I'm not going to say it's BETTER than Call of Duty, but in how it differs makes it worth playing in and of itself. At least rent HAZE, you'll enjoy it immensely.
  87. DavidC.
    May 26, 2008
    I don't know if anyone reads user reviews anymore... as on IGN and Gamespot everybody is talking about the paid for reviews, but gametrailers gave an 8.8 in user reviews for HAZE and so i went out and bought it - i trust people over paid out journalists. and so i thought maybe the reviewers were right. the graphics really aren't very good. but i got over that pretty quickly. the I don't know if anyone reads user reviews anymore... as on IGN and Gamespot everybody is talking about the paid for reviews, but gametrailers gave an 8.8 in user reviews for HAZE and so i went out and bought it - i trust people over paid out journalists. and so i thought maybe the reviewers were right. the graphics really aren't very good. but i got over that pretty quickly. the story was very engaging, and while the controls were hard to get at first i prefer them over, say, halo controls. and then there's online cooperative. that's all you need to be convinced: haze is a great next gen game. check it out, gamers!! Expand
  88. BorsonH.
    May 28, 2008
    Too bad they hyped the game so damn much. they expected it to be the next jesus. it's a 7.5-8, not a 10, and they wanted it to be a 10. nevertheless it's a dope game. lots of action, good weapon selection, decent graphics (contrary to the nitpicky forum nerds) and great story to back the whole thing. do yourself a favor and add it to your ps3 collection - we don't have much Too bad they hyped the game so damn much. they expected it to be the next jesus. it's a 7.5-8, not a 10, and they wanted it to be a 10. nevertheless it's a dope game. lots of action, good weapon selection, decent graphics (contrary to the nitpicky forum nerds) and great story to back the whole thing. do yourself a favor and add it to your ps3 collection - we don't have much to put on the shelves yet as it is, be honest! Expand
  89. AndrewT.
    May 31, 2008
    An anticipated FPS PS3 exclusive gone terribly horrible. I would say rental would be the best for this game. The AI and the story didnt appeal to me at all. A very disappointing game. Good Job Ubisoft you did it again.
  90. LD
    Jun 16, 2008
    This game looked like it was gonna be 1 of the gr8 ones. I played it & it sucked big time. With the glitches, teammates that suck at helping you out and the fact that i had 2 pay $60 for this crap makes me really bad. I WANT MY $$ BACK!!!!!!!!!! almost as bad as i wanted back the necter that i only got to use 4 a bit.
  91. RioG
    Jul 11, 2008
    I love that Playstation finally has a serious first person shooter that can combat the Xbox halo.I love haze I play it eveyday,I like the game play,the storyline,the movement and the use of the nectar how original 4 a game.The only thing about haze is that a new map needs to come out,crosshairs need to be added for rebels,more weapons needed,a costomize feature should be added for I love that Playstation finally has a serious first person shooter that can combat the Xbox halo.I love haze I play it eveyday,I like the game play,the storyline,the movement and the use of the nectar how original 4 a game.The only thing about haze is that a new map needs to come out,crosshairs need to be added for rebels,more weapons needed,a costomize feature should be added for personal troopers or rebels and neural servers are needed to set up rank and unrank muliplayer games to stop users who are hosting the game from quitting when they are loosing.HAZE will be one of the great first person shooter games and am looking forward to the sequel. Expand
  92. MickeyW.
    Aug 14, 2008
    Great game, totally slept on. Everyone says the characters and voice acting is dumb but that's the whole point - if you paid attention to the story you'd understand why the soldiers are like that, and why that problem goes away at a certain point in the game. The controls are solid (aside from some difficulty with the vehicles) and it has solid multiplayer and co-op. The single Great game, totally slept on. Everyone says the characters and voice acting is dumb but that's the whole point - if you paid attention to the story you'd understand why the soldiers are like that, and why that problem goes away at a certain point in the game. The controls are solid (aside from some difficulty with the vehicles) and it has solid multiplayer and co-op. The single player campaign is a bit short but there's a lot of replay value there. Expand
  93. DennisD.
    Nov 12, 2008
    AVOID THIS GAME.... I generally have an affinity for mediocre shooters and play just about all of them. I thoroughly enjoyed Turok, Timeshift, Blacksite, even Turning point. With that said I absolutely hated this game... it wasn't fun at all. The coolest part of the game was juicing yourself with nector and mowing down the rebels. For some strange reason though the devs decided to AVOID THIS GAME.... I generally have an affinity for mediocre shooters and play just about all of them. I thoroughly enjoyed Turok, Timeshift, Blacksite, even Turning point. With that said I absolutely hated this game... it wasn't fun at all. The coolest part of the game was juicing yourself with nector and mowing down the rebels. For some strange reason though the devs decided to take away the best part of the game after about a half hour of play. Idiots! Seriously though this game blows... don't even bother. The vehicle sections are even worse than Blacksite. My vote for worst FPS of all time. Expand
  94. Aug 18, 2010
    Haze just can't shake the fact that it looks and feels like a mid-PS2-life-cycle game. The graphics are some of the worst to be found on PS3, the gameplay never really takes off and glitches and bugs appear tremendously often. The amount of times I fell through a floor is unreal. Perhaps the only thing that saves Haze is that the perks of playing on each side are imaginative and fun toHaze just can't shake the fact that it looks and feels like a mid-PS2-life-cycle game. The graphics are some of the worst to be found on PS3, the gameplay never really takes off and glitches and bugs appear tremendously often. The amount of times I fell through a floor is unreal. Perhaps the only thing that saves Haze is that the perks of playing on each side are imaginative and fun to use, if a little overpowered on the Mantel side (your insta-heal-and-reveal-enemy-locations-and-give-you-Hulk-strength ability for example) and underpowered on the Rebel side (the ability to plant a mine was rarely used, and it didn't work in one instance where the game cried out for it to be used). Playing as a rebel is definitely the highlight, and using unique tactics to take down the Mantel soldiers is the saving grace of the game. If you can overlook the fact that this is indeed a sub-par looking PS2 game and let yourself shut off and enjoy the few perks of Haze, you may well enjoy it. I found it a fun, if incredibly lacking game. Expand
  95. May 31, 2012
    Easily the worst game I've ever purchased in my life. The story does not make any literal sense, there is freezing and blacking in cutscenes that also do not make any sense. Characters are incredibly dumb and voice acting is amazingly awful. By far some of the worst in any game of this generation. Boring gameplay. Sounds are awful, graphics are awful. Nothing good from this old piece ofEasily the worst game I've ever purchased in my life. The story does not make any literal sense, there is freezing and blacking in cutscenes that also do not make any sense. Characters are incredibly dumb and voice acting is amazingly awful. By far some of the worst in any game of this generation. Boring gameplay. Sounds are awful, graphics are awful. Nothing good from this old piece of shovelware. Expand
  96. Aug 30, 2011
    Some horrible story telling and acting to boot. Poor A I, have given this game a bad name but it does manage to shine sometimes. Judging by all the other reviews I had read, I wasn't going to rent this. But you cant always believe everybody else either.

Graphics = Not too bad, a couple cutscenes were noticeably muddy, but the stages looked great and characters were good. Sound =

Sound = Effects are awesome, Voice acting is treacherous, enough to make you not like the game at first.

Story = Not really the bread and butter of this game, standard change of heart bad guy to good.

Controls = Responsive and easy, 1/4 through the game theyll change a bit though, with new abilities

Learning curve = About 15 minutes because the enemy AI is so bad it wont matter how good you are really.

Value = I seen this game for $20 new at best buy, Id say if you can find it used for $10-15 pick it up.

Overall value = The story,acting suck pretty bad but once you get down to the core gameplay its still a good game, There are a couple levels that will blow you away, but others that just suffer. Rent first, decide later.
  97. May 18, 2012
    haze in my opinion is one of the WORST games ever made the story is completely uninteresting the characters are very unlikable the graphics look ps2 glitches everywhere the controls are terrible in short this game is just terrible its just sad that this game came from a company that created the masterpiece known as time splitters
  98. Jun 27, 2013
    This is not a good game, period. Combat is repetitive, and even though the story has a wonderful concept, the execution completely flops. The message is forced and heavy-handed, and relies on a series of amazing coincidences to even function. You meet exactly the right people at the right time to advance the plot.

Aside from that, voice acting ranges from average to painful. I spent the

Aside from that, voice acting ranges from average to painful. I spent the entire game wanting to shoot my meatheaded chest-thumping squadmates in the face, and the absolute best part of the entire game was when I actually got to kill them.

Guns are standard shooter fare. Play literally any other generic shooter and you'll find the same list of weapons.

There are very few multiplayer maps, and the multiplayer itself is horribly unbalanced. The Mantel win almost every match, and the only time they lose it's because the match is so full of teamkillers that nobody can get anything done.

There are some redeeming qualities. For example, I like that you can scavenge similar ammunition between different weapons. The idea of scavenging Mantel self-propelled rockets for flamethrower fuel was creative. In addition, cooperative multiplayer allows a friend (local or online) to join your campaign. This would be great, except the game itself still isn't very good and I don't recommend that you make a friend subject themselves to this kind of monotony.
  99. Apr 12, 2013
    5-Presentation: The menu's are well laid out, but the story is lifeless.
    4-Graphics: Ugly textures, drab color, and bad fire and smoke effects.
    7.5-Sound: Voice acting is hit or miss, but the sound effects and music is good. 7.5-Gameplay: Level design is hit or miss. But the mechanics are solid and the controls are excellent. 4 player co-op makes up for some bad AI. 8.5-Lasting appeal:
    5-Presentation: The menu's are well laid out, but the story is lifeless.
    4-Graphics: Ugly textures, drab color, and bad fire and smoke effects.
    8.5-Lasting appeal: The co-op adds value to the campaign. The muliplayer features plenty of weapons, vehicles, modes, and maps to play around with. The ranking system is decent.
    Overall-6.5/10 Okay
  100. Jun 17, 2013
    Just nah, i tried to play this game but i gave up. I started and it was only s mediocre shooting game with that nectar thing, nothing impressive or innovative. The multiplayer with splitscreen can give you some minutes of fun, but nothing more.
  101. Jun 27, 2013

Aside from that, voice acting ranges from average to painful. I spent the

1. More narratively cohesive than the Halo trilogy, but less inventive and compelling than Resistance: Fall Of Man, Haze does finally give us a self-aware portrait of videogame soldiers, and a foil for all the head-butting, "boo-yah" behavior that's been the norm for far too long in the medium. Too bad it's paired with one of the more pedestrian FPS games to come along in recent years.
    Haze does not live up to the company's reputation thanks to a horrible plot, weak gameplay mechanics and visuals that are truly underwhelming. While playing with friends is enjoyable, not even those are enough to bring this lackluster title around.
  3. Ultimately, Haze is still sitting in the wake of Call of Duty 4, and falls into that category of being just another FPS.