• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: May 20, 2008
6.6

1. Oct 16, 2011
    The game is interesting and the idea of the story is very good. Unfortunely the story mode is crap. Fortunely the multiplayer saves the game by being very good, just like any other Free Radical title's multiplayer. Even better is the fact, that the game is still alive.
  2. Aug 18, 2010
    Haze just can't shake the fact that it looks and feels like a mid-PS2-life-cycle game. The graphics are some of the worst to be found on PS3, the gameplay never really takes off and glitches and bugs appear tremendously often. The amount of times I fell through a floor is unreal. Perhaps the only thing that saves Haze is that the perks of playing on each side are imaginative and fun to use, if a little overpowered on the Mantel side (your insta-heal-and-reveal-enemy-locations-and-give-you-Hulk-strength ability for example) and underpowered on the Rebel side (the ability to plant a mine was rarely used, and it didn't work in one instance where the game cried out for it to be used). Playing as a rebel is definitely the highlight, and using unique tactics to take down the Mantel soldiers is the saving grace of the game. If you can overlook the fact that this is indeed a sub-par looking PS2 game and let yourself shut off and enjoy the few perks of Haze, you may well enjoy it. I found it a fun, if incredibly lacking game. Expand
  3. May 31, 2012
    Easily the worst game I've ever purchased in my life. The story does not make any literal sense, there is freezing and blacking in cutscenes that also do not make any sense. Characters are incredibly dumb and voice acting is amazingly awful. By far some of the worst in any game of this generation. Boring gameplay. Sounds are awful, graphics are awful. Nothing good from this old piece of shovelware. Expand
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    The plot is a Hijacking mess. Ok, you're with the Mantel's...Now you're with the other guys but now you're not and now you're not on any team....and then BLAHBLAHBLAH! All the characters are unlikeable stone-cold dick-heads who I seriously want to die. And you are an annoying, whining little school boy, which is hard to beleive after you've mowed down entire colonies of Terrorists. And when you do swap sides, it makes NO SENSE.
    They're armour basically turns into cake.

Oh, and when you do swap sides, your current team takes away your : Sights, Scope, HP Indicator, Nectar, all your Shotguns and Rifles and leaves you with a **** Magmum that wouldn't even count as a splinter.

Too annoying, too stupid, and the characters are annoying.

BUT! I played through the game about 5 times, and not one did I encounter a bug...And the Online modes are fun.

Infact, you can even play the Campaign online, so more people from other countries can suffer too! ****
  5. Aug 30, 2011
    Some horrible story telling and acting to boot. Poor A I, have given this game a bad name but it does manage to shine sometimes. Judging by all the other reviews I had read, I wasn't going to rent this. But you cant always believe everybody else either. Graphics = Not too bad, a couple cutscenes were noticeably muddy, but the stages looked great and characters were good. Sound = Effects are awesome, Voice acting is treacherous, enough to make you not like the game at first.

Story = Not really the bread and butter of this game, standard change of heart bad guy to good.

Controls = Responsive and easy, 1/4 through the game theyll change a bit though, with new abilities

Learning curve = About 15 minutes because the enemy AI is so bad it wont matter how good you are really.

Value = I seen this game for $20 new at best buy, Id say if you can find it used for $10-15 pick it up.

Overall value = The story,acting suck pretty bad but once you get down to the core gameplay its still a good game, There are a couple levels that will blow you away, but others that just suffer. Rent first, decide later.
  6. May 18, 2012
    haze in my opinion is one of the WORST games ever made the story is completely uninteresting the characters are very unlikable the graphics look ps2 glitches everywhere the controls are terrible in short this game is just terrible its just sad that this game came from a company that created the masterpiece known as time splitters
  7. Jun 27, 2013
    This is not a good game, period. Combat is repetitive, and even though the story has a wonderful concept, the execution completely flops. The message is forced and heavy-handed, and relies on a series of amazing coincidences to even function. You meet exactly the right people at the right time to advance the plot.

Aside from that, voice acting ranges from average to painful. I spent the
    entire game wanting to shoot my meatheaded chest-thumping squadmates in the face, and the absolute best part of the entire game was when I actually got to kill them.

Guns are standard shooter fare. Play literally any other generic shooter and you'll find the same list of weapons.

There are very few multiplayer maps, and the multiplayer itself is horribly unbalanced. The Mantel win almost every match, and the only time they lose it's because the match is so full of teamkillers that nobody can get anything done.

There are some redeeming qualities. For example, I like that you can scavenge similar ammunition between different weapons. The idea of scavenging Mantel self-propelled rockets for flamethrower fuel was creative. In addition, cooperative multiplayer allows a friend (local or online) to join your campaign. This would be great, except the game itself still isn't very good and I don't recommend that you make a friend subject themselves to this kind of monotony.
  8. Apr 12, 2013
    5-Presentation: The menu's are well laid out, but the story is lifeless.
    4-Graphics: Ugly textures, drab color, and bad fire and smoke effects.
    7.5-Sound: Voice acting is hit or miss, but the sound effects and music is good.
    7.5-Gameplay: Level design is hit or miss. But the mechanics are solid and the controls are excellent. 4 player co-op makes up for some bad AI.
    8.5-Lasting appeal:
    The co-op adds value to the campaign. The muliplayer features plenty of weapons, vehicles, modes, and maps to play around with. The ranking system is decent.
    Overall-6.5/10 Okay
  9. Jun 17, 2013
    Just nah, i tried to play this game but i gave up. I started and it was only s mediocre shooting game with that nectar thing, nothing impressive or innovative. The multiplayer with splitscreen can give you some minutes of fun, but nothing more.
  10. May 19, 2013
    Where to begin. This is a little known gem that is exclusive to the PS3. Everything about this game was a revolution in some aspect. It had fantastic graphics and gameplay that take full advantage of the Cell processor. The single player campaign has remarkable characters that you will feel like you've known them for your whole life as friends. The over campaign sent shivers down my spine as it was simply unbelievable. It is truly the multiplayer that makes this game however. It is intricately crafts red and even deeper than any call of duty. In short then, this game is a must have for any PS3 owner.

P.S Free Radical also have worked on Crysis 2 and 3
  11. Jun 22, 2013
    For a $1.50, you can't go wrong. I added this dirty little gem to my collection yesterday. It lacks a lot of modern FPS tropes, and aesthetics. But the performance enhancing drug, Nectar, is a very refreshing gameplay mechanic that I would love to see implemented much more fully in a sequel. Which we won't be getting. The worst part about this game, is that it takes it's sole redeeming quality away from you so early in the game, that it will leave withdrawing for just one more hit. A 7 out of 10. If I took the price out of consideration, it would receive a 5 out of 10. Expand
  12. Oct 13, 2013
    Haze is the perfect example of how it should be developed Fps. A dull plot, just a discrete graphics and gameplay unoriginal and unfunny represent 4 defects not indifferent. If the free-radical should engage more Haze could become the new Killzone, but unfortunately it did not happen. A title to be left on the shelf without much thought.
  13. Jul 20, 2014
    Haze is a nice game, the story is sort of original, the controls are good,the graphics are not as bad as some people describe it, but certainly not good either. the 4 player coop is nice. the problem is , that the game just doesn't deliver at any point, but at the same time it never goes below the 6 point standard. during the play-trough, there was some texture glitching in the far, but nothing occurs that would have prevented me from playing at any point. Expand

1. More narratively cohesive than the Halo trilogy, but less inventive and compelling than Resistance: Fall Of Man, Haze does finally give us a self-aware portrait of videogame soldiers, and a foil for all the head-butting, "boo-yah" behavior that's been the norm for far too long in the medium. Too bad it's paired with one of the more pedestrian FPS games to come along in recent years.
    Haze does not live up to the company's reputation thanks to a horrible plot, weak gameplay mechanics and visuals that are truly underwhelming. While playing with friends is enjoyable, not even those are enough to bring this lackluster title around.
  3. Ultimately, Haze is still sitting in the wake of Call of Duty 4, and falls into that category of being just another FPS.