Heavenly Sword PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Sep 12, 2007
8.3

1. Aug 15, 2013
    I thought it was a pretty solid game. The difficulty level was just right, there was enough variety in the levels to keep me entertained, and the story was fun. It's not the greatest game ever, but well worth playing.
  2. Aug 6, 2010
    It was a good game with amazing gameplay, but it could have been better with more gameplay options. I like this game in general. if you have 5-6 hours to kill, try it out.
  3. JonasL.
    Jan 7, 2008
    Beautiful and captivating. Graphics, voice acting, animations, story and gameplay are extremely well done. Best use of the sixaxis control so faar.
  4. KevinT.
    Feb 8, 2008
    This was a really good game, graphics were great, a training level would have been good to get used to the arrows, but once you get a hang of firing those its actually really fun. some of the bosses were lame and repeatitive. The cutscenes were amazing, the king should get an oscar (maybe the best villian performance voice acting in any game ever) One of the better games I have played on This was a really good game, graphics were great, a training level would have been good to get used to the arrows, but once you get a hang of firing those its actually really fun. some of the bosses were lame and repeatitive. The cutscenes were amazing, the king should get an oscar (maybe the best villian performance voice acting in any game ever) One of the better games I have played on any next gen system. Expand
  5. ShinliChi.
    Apr 5, 2008
    Awesome graphics. Not just a 3rd person action game! Every level the differences are thrilling - no boring game like Devil may Cry 4 here! Only thing that can be improved upon is have more customization to the character; and that would detract from the game!
  6. MiKE
    May 31, 2008
    An excellent game! Gets better and better once you get into it! The gameplay is great as well! highly recommend it!
  7. ChristopherSimmons
    Jun 12, 2009
    I though this game was amazing and it's a lot better than these other games that are coming out lately that only seem to rely on graphics. This game was fun and I love the camera angles when she does counter attacks. I thought the story was amazing and her character development throughout the game was flawless. To me this is one of the best games I have ever played!
  8. Jun 18, 2011
    Almost perfect!

The game is SO beautiful! Its an old 2007 game, but even as I played it in 2011, its still so much better than most of the games out there. Sure, there's lot of button meshing battles, but it only happens because the player hasn't spend enough time exploring and learning the huge number of moves. If one is willing to study those 100+ skills, the gameplay can be as
    Almost perfect!

The game is SO beautiful!

Its an old 2007 game, but even as I played it in 2011, its still so much better than most of the games out there. Sure, there's lot of button meshing battles, but it only happens because the player hasn't spend enough time exploring and learning the huge number of moves. If one is willing to study those 100+ skills, the gameplay can be as rewarding as your Ninja Gaiden, God of War & Devil May Cry fighting games. But I digressed. This old game is pure Gold! Why? Because its so gorgeous. The story is original. The atmosphere, mode & music of the game is just so captivating. However, the thing that strikes me most is how unique and believable those in-game characters are. Flawlessly depicted emotions, personality and facial expressions (not to mention smooth fighting actions)! This motion-capture and facial rendering technology of Ninja Theory is ahead of its time.

I want so much to be a part of the story.

I'm just sad there's no Heavenly Sword 2.

Gaming is more than you typical mindless COD shooters. We should more of this kind of "Works of Art".
  9. Apr 12, 2011
    For a 2007 game this is a gem, for playing it for the first time in 2011 it lacks multiplayer and is a bit short. This game has simply GREAT cut scenes and voice acting, the list of stars in this game is amazing. The levels are beautiful and the combat great fun, with a compelling story too. Great!
  10. mk
    Oct 27, 2007
    This is similar to what Onimusha did for PS2 back in the early days of PS2. Graphical powerhouse with short story. While it might be longer than Onimusha, it just doesn't have that power. There are so many graphically impressive titles thesedays that it just seems meet the standard now. Facial animation can be hit and miss. Initally, voice-over looked out of sync. However, it seems This is similar to what Onimusha did for PS2 back in the early days of PS2. Graphical powerhouse with short story. While it might be longer than Onimusha, it just doesn't have that power. There are so many graphically impressive titles thesedays that it just seems meet the standard now. Facial animation can be hit and miss. Initally, voice-over looked out of sync. However, it seems to sync in cut scenes. I have reason to believe that out-of-sync were done in real-time and in-sync are in done in prerendered CG. Gameplay is mixed bag too. It's great initially. Perhaps even greater at mid-point of the game. By the time I was impressed with the gameplay, I also got slightly tired from it for being repetitive. Too much focus on counters rather than simply kicking ass. A touch of RPG leveling up could've helped. Secondary character is also entertaining initially, but I couldn't wait until I was done with her mission. It's woth a play, but it's not a system seller. Expand
  11. JoeY.
    Sep 29, 2007
    WOW! Anybody who gave this game a 0 on this site is way off! The game is beautiful, engaging and fun to play. Even if you dont buy this game you should rent it!
  12. JohnB.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Perfect 10 gameplay and story, along with perfect 10 graphics make me wanna give this a 10. The only thing stopping me is the length. Would it have killed ya to make a game longer than 5 hours?
    Oct 23, 2007
    Beautiful and revolutionary. Good things come in small packages.
  14. AnthonyS.
    Oct 5, 2007
    It's too bad there's no way to filter fanboy fiction from these comments. Maks F gives it a 0... A zero. Riiiiiight. He clearly has never played the game. I suspect he's a 360 fanboy that watched someone else play it, perhaps at a kiosk or friend's house. The sixaxis control are in fact, NOT forced. You can quite easily switch them off and do all aftertouch and It's too bad there's no way to filter fanboy fiction from these comments. Maks F gives it a 0... A zero. Riiiiiight. He clearly has never played the game. I suspect he's a 360 fanboy that watched someone else play it, perhaps at a kiosk or friend's house. The sixaxis control are in fact, NOT forced. You can quite easily switch them off and do all aftertouch and catapult aiming with the analog stick. Like just about everyone who played this game with their TV sets switched ON have said before, the visuals are stunning. The combo system is a little complex, and I will agree that results in button mashing but it doesn't matter when you pull off some of the insanely cool combos and fatalities I have yet to see rivaled anywhere except maybe God of War 2. The story is engaging with cinema quality animation and solid acting. The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because it's too short. However, like a Dynasty Warriors title, this is the kind of game you can replay just for the aimless carnage and sweet takedowns even if you have completed the story (except that DW games have no compelling storyline). Highly recommended. P.S. I personally paid $60 for this game. If you paid $600 like Maks F than yes, you may feel ripped off. ;-) Expand
  15. RaulC.
    Oct 8, 2007
    I believe this game has been mashed up with no reason, so I put it simply. THe best action game in next generation, period. Nothing touches the graceful movement of the beautifully designed characters and environments, we're not talking the moving tanks of Gears of War(no UT engine thank God), or the lame detailed secondary characters in Halo 3. Great story great action, superb I believe this game has been mashed up with no reason, so I put it simply. THe best action game in next generation, period. Nothing touches the graceful movement of the beautifully designed characters and environments, we're not talking the moving tanks of Gears of War(no UT engine thank God), or the lame detailed secondary characters in Halo 3. Great story great action, superb production values, maybe not as long as it could have been, so it could be really a 9, but if everyone can give Halo the 10's so easily without deserving it, Heavenly Sword deserves this much more, so here is my 10. Expand
  16. SteveQ.
    Oct 9, 2007
    Just beautiful. A must own; don't believe that bad press.
  17. SeanNunan
    Aug 10, 2007
    Simply stunning game. A hack and slash/puzzler, thought of as a God of War type game, but this time we take the role of Nariko, and we have the power of Playstation 3's cell proccessor to carve a beautifully made game into history.

A must have, not just for the PS3, but for everyone who likes EXELLENT gaming.
  18. MickW.
    Sep 11, 2007
    Truly a phenomenal piece of gaming. From the presentation, production values, storytelling. A "must-have killer app" for the ps3 that people will be talking about in years to come, as it is a groundbreaking title. One of the most fun, memorable, action games of all time. Buy It.
  19. LMac
    Sep 13, 2007
    It may be a short ride, but it is a darn good one.
  20. SeanH.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Anyone who can find fault in this game is looking too hard. Heavenly Sword delivers a Hollywood Blockbuster quality experience with artistry and finesse that is rarely seen in games. There are the constant comparisons to God of War but you could compare God of War to Devil May Cry all day long as well. Each game has its own merit. if God of War is like a big rare steak hearty and Anyone who can find fault in this game is looking too hard. Heavenly Sword delivers a Hollywood Blockbuster quality experience with artistry and finesse that is rarely seen in games. There are the constant comparisons to God of War but you could compare God of War to Devil May Cry all day long as well. Each game has its own merit. if God of War is like a big rare steak hearty and satisfying, then Heavenly Sword is like fine cuisine as beautiful to behold as it is to savor. After playing through the game for several hours I am impressed at every turn with wide open spaces to fight in, dazzling acrobatic attacks, stunning visuals and animations, well balanced AI and a fast a furious combat system that even manages to include some SIXAXIS functionality. If you like actions games like DMC or GOW then Heavenly Sword delivers the goods. A+ if I could give the game an 11 I would. Expand
  21. gravitygravv
    Sep 10, 2007
    for the very first time in my life i fell in love with a game that has female main character i hate tomb raider and other games with female heroines, cuz girls are meant to suck d1ck but nariko was born to kick every single d1ck out there HS FTW!! sorry for my bad english anyway :D
  22. GaryB.
    Sep 17, 2007
    Super fab game, this is the best game I've played this year, sure its short, but what there is of it, is sublime!
  23. TomL.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Short it may be, but perfectly formed! The cinematography is the best you will ever see on a computer game and while the overall pure combat is not perfect this is an absolute must have!
  24. WaineS.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Great graphics and sound, great cut-scenes and story with solid gameplay. A winning combination that would get full marks if it were a bit longer. That said I'm happy with the quality and wouldn't want it sacrificed for quantity.
  25. JonathanK.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Simply beautiful.
  26. jburr
    Jun 2, 2008
    Even thought this game is a God of War clone I still really enjoyed it. The story was ok and the graphics are Fantastic. The controls felt kind of sloppy and scripted poorly. I didn't really feel like I was executing combos, but rather just waiting for the game to decide it was ready to let me play again. The learning curve for this game is steep and I didn't really get the hang Even thought this game is a God of War clone I still really enjoyed it. The story was ok and the graphics are Fantastic. The controls felt kind of sloppy and scripted poorly. I didn't really feel like I was executing combos, but rather just waiting for the game to decide it was ready to let me play again. The learning curve for this game is steep and I didn't really get the hang of it until I was fighting the final boss. This game definitely should have been longer. Even with it's negative aspects, this is one of the better games I've played on the PS3. Expand
  27. JoshuaP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    It just flows so smooth while dispatching the enemy, very good control response. Exceptional Voice acting to say the least. Love the Blood Red hair, too.
  28. EduardoR
    Oct 4, 2007
    Great acting, Awesome visuals and sound. The framerate slowes down at times. A little bit more levels would have been nice.
  29. MorkS.
    Oct 8, 2007
    Best game I've played to date on the PS3. Revolutionary title. This isn't just a game but an interactive movie. Every PS3 owner should at least rent this game. Buying it and supporting a first party IP like Ninja Theory is really the best way to go in my view.
  30. JohnS.
    Sep 11, 2007
    The Game is simply AMazing the fightings is pretty deep the story is great, and the graphics superb, a must buy.
  31. ChristianK.
    Sep 10, 2007
    Really a hell of a game. Played only the demo, but graphics are amazing and gameplay equals god of war. Just perfect
  32. EikoS.
    Sep 12, 2007
    Very good storyline and addictive gameplay. Feels like a great jump start for a trilogy series. Hopefully the makers at ninja theory take all the criticism and make for a better sequel should it ever come such as being able to jump, and definitely length. Its a wonderful refreshment to the ps3's dry exclusive list.
  33. GeoffY.
    Sep 13, 2007
    Absolutely fantastic. Yes this game is a bit short, but who cares? This game more than makes up for it with it's amazing gameplay and incredible graphics. I haven't played a game with better facial animation than this one. Ninja Theory mixes up the gameplay very nicely with being able to use the Sixaxis controller to control the flight of arrows, hammers, bodies, etc. Probably Absolutely fantastic. Yes this game is a bit short, but who cares? This game more than makes up for it with it's amazing gameplay and incredible graphics. I haven't played a game with better facial animation than this one. Ninja Theory mixes up the gameplay very nicely with being able to use the Sixaxis controller to control the flight of arrows, hammers, bodies, etc. Probably the best use of the Sixaxis on the PS3 that I've come across - you really haven't lived until you've shot a guy hundreds of metres away using the motion sensing controller! Expand
  34. Vincent
    Sep 15, 2007
    Pros: + Mindblowing voiceacting, lipsyncing and facial animations. + Unique combatsystem + Mindblowing visuals, some of the best to date. + Although it's pretty short, it's got some significant replay value to it. Cons: - VERY short. - It's got some framedrops and tearing issues every now and then, but this doesn't really affect the gameplay. Overall, it's game Pros: + Mindblowing voiceacting, lipsyncing and facial animations. + Unique combatsystem + Mindblowing visuals, some of the best to date. + Although it's pretty short, it's got some significant replay value to it. Cons: - VERY short. - It's got some framedrops and tearing issues every now and then, but this doesn't really affect the gameplay. Overall, it's game you can't miss. Be it rental or buy, everyone with a PS3 should play this game. It definitely lived up to the expectations and the only real flaw is the shortness of the great experience that is Heavenly Sword. Expand
  35. ChristianT.
    Sep 15, 2007
    Beautiful graphics, gameplay, and story. A bit short, but worth replaying for Andy Serkis' acting alone.
  36. DionysusJ.
    Sep 16, 2007
    Anyone who calls the combat "repetitive" in this game, isn't making proper use of the three fighting stances (or the combos). The moves from each stance flow together beautifully, which in turn makes for a fluid, non-stop action experience (especially the aerial combos...wow). To support this intense gameplay, is a slew of gorgeous enviroments & characters that go beyond anything Anyone who calls the combat "repetitive" in this game, isn't making proper use of the three fighting stances (or the combos). The moves from each stance flow together beautifully, which in turn makes for a fluid, non-stop action experience (especially the aerial combos...wow). To support this intense gameplay, is a slew of gorgeous enviroments & characters that go beyond anything that you've ever seen in HD gaming. In addition to the stellar art-style, you also have entertaining believable characters that propel you face-first into a great storyline (and Nariko's sister, Kai, is perhaps the best animated character that I've ever seen in a game). While it's true that the game can be completed in normal mode in about 8 hours, you can also retry your skills in "hell mode" after the first play-through (and in this mode, it will not take you 8 hours). Personally, this is a game that I want to keep in my collection to show-off (or at least until the sequel), but at the very least...you should at least give this game a rent. That is, if you can pull yourself away from Warhawk for long enough. But trust me, you're not gonna want to miss this Heavenly game. Expand
  37. LukeM.
    Sep 20, 2007
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  38. JoshuaL.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Great game fun,fresh and the best on ps3 so far.
  39. AndyK.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Amazing Game...breathtaking Presentation,This Is Gaming !!!
  40. AshC.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Excellent cinema feel. Excellent story. Gameplay is fine but repetitive at times. Use of SIXAXIS is actually really good once I got the hang of it. I want a sequel with a few more gameplay innovations.
  41. KenL.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Let me start with things that I like improvement. First, I would be happier if they offer a block control. Second, the frame rate is not good at times where images shuddered. Third, I wish the game was longer as I didn't want to stop playing. Except the minor things mentioned above, this is a fantastic game. The graphics, game play, voice acting, motion capture, facial expression on Let me start with things that I like improvement. First, I would be happier if they offer a block control. Second, the frame rate is not good at times where images shuddered. Third, I wish the game was longer as I didn't want to stop playing. Except the minor things mentioned above, this is a fantastic game. The graphics, game play, voice acting, motion capture, facial expression on the main characters, music, and sound effect are totally awesome. Nariko and Kai, and Bohan were like real and Ninja Theory was able to breathe life into these characters. I felt like I was in the battle and was emotional about the Nariko and Kai. That was an awesome gaming experience. Forget about what other people say, go get a copy and see for yourself. I am keeping a copy and showcase it to my other non PS3 friends. I bought an Xbox 360 and Gears of War first. I thought the game was good. The moment I saw Heavenly Sword in a game store, I immediately sold the Xbox 360 and Gears of War and bought PS3 and Heavenly Sword. I never look back. I am confident, upcoming PS3 games will blow you away. Expand
  42. LarsS.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Simply put: games like this are why I buy consoles. Lot's of hack slashing fun. Cut-scenes and scripted events are the best I've ever seen. 'Aftertouch' is awesome.
  43. ChrisP.
    Sep 12, 2007
    Absolutely stunning! This is clearly one of the greatest games ever released on a console and clearly the greatest graphics ever released in a game (this point there can be no argument over). Truly a masterpiece. Don't bother to rent this it is a must own game.
  44. ChrisC.
    Sep 14, 2007
    A game that is just as much movie as it is game. The lush environment, exhilarating action, and brilliant story-telling will enthrall gamers. Rather than drag out a story and water down the game with repetitive action, the game gracefully takes a bow when the story is done. A refreshing change from exhausting epic action adventure games that don't know when/how to stop.
  45. AdamA.
    Nov 12, 2007
    Beautiful. I don't think you can sum it up any clearer than that. Amazing combat, incredible animations, engaging characters, and fantastic vistas all coalesce into a visually stunning game that will keep you entertained long into the night, and possibly into the next week if you try for all the goodies. Sadly, the game's poor puzzle elements and short main storyline (about five Beautiful. I don't think you can sum it up any clearer than that. Amazing combat, incredible animations, engaging characters, and fantastic vistas all coalesce into a visually stunning game that will keep you entertained long into the night, and possibly into the next week if you try for all the goodies. Sadly, the game's poor puzzle elements and short main storyline (about five or six hours) mar an otherwise beautiful gem. Here's hoping for a sequel. Expand
  46. RavenG.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Stunning and beautiful. Innovative, AMAZING.
  47. DanA.
    Dec 23, 2007
    The cinematic feel to this game is simply enticing, considering that there is apparently 10gb worth of voice acting alone. Gameplay was more than good, though not excellent. Maybe an increase in health or new weapons as the game goes on would be beneficial, and an increase in character development would have been great. This title is certainly not a 10, but it does make it to a The cinematic feel to this game is simply enticing, considering that there is apparently 10gb worth of voice acting alone. Gameplay was more than good, though not excellent. Maybe an increase in health or new weapons as the game goes on would be beneficial, and an increase in character development would have been great. This title is certainly not a 10, but it does make it to a high-8/low-9. Gamespot, IGN, and even Metacritics really underrated this game by not giving it at least an 8.5. Oh, and I've read that at least one, if not two, sequels have been confirmed. Expand
  48. Oct 7, 2010
    a fun god of war looking clone that looks amazing in the graphics department . the game is about 6-7 hours long so its abit on the short side . not alot of replay value eather unless you wana 3 star all your missions for some bonus content . the combat feels epic though and there are sceanes where you will see what looks like 1000s!!! of enimys on the screen at once which reall makes youa fun god of war looking clone that looks amazing in the graphics department . the game is about 6-7 hours long so its abit on the short side . not alot of replay value eather unless you wana 3 star all your missions for some bonus content . the combat feels epic though and there are sceanes where you will see what looks like 1000s!!! of enimys on the screen at once which reall makes you feel like you are in a epic battle. the story and voice acting is great all though abit over the top which does fit for the game. there is a decent varity of moves and combos but coulda used some new wepons and custimizable gear for nariko woulda been nice. there is some break up in the hack n slash when you play as Kia and use the cross bow which i found alot of fun . i loved the slow motion shooting and guiding your bolt into some guys head. the real problem is there is no enimy varity they all look the same for the most part with just afew higher ups . you would think they coulda added some more skins . the boss fights are great and the game is a fair challange at first time through but after that i could destroy every thing with ease . there is a hardcore mode which will amp up the challange . its a good game just not enough there to make it a great game. Expand
  49. Aug 8, 2012
    It is pretty good game.
    Pros : Good voice acting, fun game play, stylish, impressive characters, Cons : Very short.

The game is short, if you happen to see this game on bargain, buy it. If you can rent it, please do rent it. You will only need a few hours to finish this, but this game still deserves your attention and your money.
  50. Jun 10, 2012
    Heavenly Sword is one of the best adventure games the PS3 has to offer and shows why the PS3 is the best choice for gamers this generation. Graphically this game still stands up to new releases almost 5 years later. Combat is very addictive and the game guides you through with a suitable difficulty curve. Whilst not overly challenging, the AI is varied and tactical enough to see that youHeavenly Sword is one of the best adventure games the PS3 has to offer and shows why the PS3 is the best choice for gamers this generation. Graphically this game still stands up to new releases almost 5 years later. Combat is very addictive and the game guides you through with a suitable difficulty curve. Whilst not overly challenging, the AI is varied and tactical enough to see that you will die a few times before you reach the end. This is especially true for boss encounters, which range from the enjoyable, well-thought out fights to the not so fun to play, repetitive ones. The story in Heavenly Sword is incredible and will invoke emotions from the gamer quite a few times before the credits role. The voice acting in this game is fantastic from main characters and side characters alike, and there is a lot of humour mixed in throughout. This is a must buy for all PS3 users . Expand
  51. Nov 25, 2012
    While it certainly has its flaws, they are minor and certainly not large to discredit this as a must-have for any PS3 system.

The story consists of a revenge plot with a strange twist: our heroine has some major issues with the people she's avenging. The story provides enough of a plot to explore Nariko's character but mostly stays out of the way of the hordes of enemies and outlandish bosses that you get to slaughter. Rarely does this get said about a game, but: the acting is magnificent! The cutscenes were directed by none other than Andy Serkis, noted for his portrayal of Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" movies and Cesar in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," known as the best motion capture actor in the business. Serkis also plays the game's chief villain, the despicable King Bohan, a complex villain with heavy doses of heartlessness and insanity. Nariko is portrayed by Anna Torv (think Olivia Dunham from the TV series "Fringe"), and she does a great job of bringing us a badass heroine with some deep emotional flaws that you can't help but love. The game is told mostly in flashback, with some very bizarre monologues taking place during major breaks in the action that very few actressess could have pulled off convincingly in person, much less in motion capture. In many ways this game is like an interactive film.

But, I know most of you out there could care less! "How does the game play?" you are pleading. Short answer: great. Nariko has many options in combat with moves that require a bit of technical ability to execute mixed in with moves you can get by smashing square over and over again. While it is possible to beat the game "button mashing," it is certainly more satisfying to take the time to learn at least a few of the combos and employ them strategically as it will make the game much easier. Nariko has three stances with the Heavenly Sword (which is what you spend most of your time wielding): speed, power, and ranged. There is no guard button since Nariko automatically blocks attacks that she is capable of blocking in her current stance. Enemies glow with a colored aura when they attack, signaling which stance you should be in to successfully block the attack. For those with good timing, there is also a counterattack option, which becomes an automatic kill when executed in a short enough frame. Defeating enemies fills up your superstyle gauge which allows for the use of level 1, 2, or 3 superstyle attacks. These devastating attacks can literally level armies! These attacks, her myriad of combos, and counterkills give Nariko a gleeful ouch factor that adds to her smooth and visually pleasing combos resulting in a character that is mesmerizing to play.

As much as I love this game, I found myself giving it a lower score than I wanted to for a few reasons. First of all, there is some button mashing. There are some levels that require a level of knowledge of Nariko's fighting style to do well, such as when five enemies blitz you at once or some ninja chick pulls a reversal of your counterattack, but the majority of them can be mashed through if one is determined enough. The game features beautiful graphics (others have disagreed with me, they must have a poor video connection or something), but works against them in a couple of ways. First, there is no free-rotating camera. You can press the left and right triggers to force the camera to pan a limited direction one way or another, but it snaps back very quickly when released, making some camera angles difficult to deal with. The game also features quicktime sequences. While normally a good thing, the graphics are so pretty and the action so well scripted that I find myself wanting to just watch them and not press the buttons. Also, the response times are very quick, making a new player forego seeing the big sequences in lieu of watching the bottom of the screen for buttons. Lastly, the game is short. This was of course reflected in the lower pricing, but it is such a shame to come out of such a fun game craving more.

Heavenly Sword is a must-own just to see the marriage of cinematic and videogame production techniques. However, those who start it won't be disappointed with the gameplay or effects either. The most credit, however, needs to be the fact that the game gives us Playstation fans a new and likeable console-specific action heroine.
  52. ValC
    Jan 27, 2010
    One of the best hack and slash games I have ever played. The only things i didn't like about the game were the compulsory sixaxis controls and when you had to use the bow and arrow, that was irritating.
  53. AnonymousMC
    Aug 4, 2010
    Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review.Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Test Review. Expand
  54. Jan 15, 2013
    This game should have sold better than it did. Ninja theory need to be commended for creating one of the best PS3 games ever made. The story is clearly leaps and bounds ahead of something like Shakesphere.
  55. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is perfection. The story is told in such a cinematic way, the animation, graphics and acting is simply amazing and the best I've seen in just about any game except maybe Quantic Dreams games. This game is strictly for entertainment though and that's what it delivers. The action is similar to God of War but even more fluidly. There are no puzzles, which is a good thing, but thereThis game is perfection. The story is told in such a cinematic way, the animation, graphics and acting is simply amazing and the best I've seen in just about any game except maybe Quantic Dreams games. This game is strictly for entertainment though and that's what it delivers. The action is similar to God of War but even more fluidly. There are no puzzles, which is a good thing, but there are other ways in terms of variety. Sometimes you have to shoot a canonball or shoot an arrow and you control the arrow with the sixaxis. It works pretty well but not perfectly. The game is too short but you get a hell of a ride. Expand
  56. Nov 1, 2015
    This took me by surprise, especially now it is 2015. Firstly... graphics... wow, have you really seen as good character animation anywhere else? Overall the visual representation is quite a sight to behold!
    The characters themselves have actual character! they seem like living breathing people, unlike the majority of the games out there... you truly feel sucked into it, the developers of this game did themselves really proud, and should be commended for a 2007 release as high quality as this is! I am only giving this a 9 due to the final boss battle which is just pure tedium.
  57. Aug 20, 2013
    this is a nice piece of work from the beginning to the end amazing and addictive game play the plot was great as well and the graphics are amazing.
  58. Jan 12, 2015
    Excellent hack & slash game. Strange how this game has better graphics with better frame rate than games out nowadays. This game is a button masher but still enjoy it, especially enjoy the bullet view arrow shots that can be controlled by character.
  59. Dec 19, 2014
    A good game with incredible graphics, nice gameplay and superb voiceacting. You can pick it now up for real cheap so if you like hack and slash games you should give this one a try.
  60. Jan 31, 2015
    Stunning visuals, amazing combat, amazing story, amazing characters and a great counter system.

I suggest turning off the sixaxis and using french language.

Amazing, Excellent even.

The camera did get in the way a few times and I felt the last boss was unnecessarily difficult.

Still, an amazing action/beat em up that set the standard for ps3 games to follow.
  61. May 3, 2016
    I rented this game back when it was released, did not get enough exposure and everything about it was burned into my memory forever. Finally bought it and I absolutely love this game. Nariko is one bad B****!

1. Play Magazine
    What MotorStorm has become to racing and Odin Sphere to action role-playing, Heavenly Sword is now to 3D action: Perfection. [Sept 2007, p.17]
    So, while it doesn't eclipse the greatness of the original title that inspired it, Heavenly Sword is still a fun, engaging, and most importantly, exclusive PS3 title that Sony fanboys can brag to 360 fanboys about.
    Heavenly Sword's presentation is stellar and nicely ties the action sequences together, but we just wish that the same amount of care that went into these cutscenes were applied to the game's pacing.