8.1

1. Oct 4, 2012
    Strangely addictive platform puzzler. With Halloween just around the corner, the folks at the PSN have served up their annual helping of blood curdling gruesomeness in the form of Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit.

It is a platformer by legends of the genre Sega and it done with their usual flair and confidence. The gameplay is addictive and enjoyable and there is enough variation
    and surprises that you will feel inclined to 'another 5 minutes' quite often.

The game is stylish and very easy on the eye the boss battles are well done and overall the game is a nice easy distraction after a session on FIFA 13 or a heavy RPG.

Well worth a look.
  2. Sep 27, 2012
    This game is awesome! Each level is a new discover in the twisted brain of Arkedo's developers. The 100 enemies are so nice and crazy! The ending of each monsters are so great and funny!
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    What I would consider an over looked gem of the downloadable game market hell yeah is a very fun platformer which is very unique not so much in the sense of gameplay but specific aspects such as graphics, art style, presentation, characters, dialogue and more. Overall hell yeah is a fairly simple charming 2D platformer that never quite got the attention it deserved in my opinion the price may make some people sceptical and also the fact of next to no reply value and limited amount of collectables besides from gems (which act as currency) that allow you to buy things such as new guns, hats, new designs for your saw jet pack and upgrades for your weapons which may sound like a lot but you will most likely get everything in your first playthrough that being said however it is satisfying to collect said gems knowing that you are constantly working towards achieving something with every gem collected also with the game taking around 5-6 hours on average first playthrough its not a bad deal for the price your paying.

What can be said about the story I mean its a platformer so as you've probably guessed the story isn't too in depth which is okay because this game like many platfomers shouldn't be played for a fantastic story but rather the experience and let me tell you this game will keep a lasting impression on you with some of its bizarre humour and its beautiful unique art style. Commenting on what story is there it is silly but will at least make you chuckle despite if your a teen or a grown man and considering this game focuses a lot on comedy the story sets out and achieves what it was aiming for.

One thing i should mention before carrying on further is that hell yeah is not a kiddy platformer although very colourful the humour is definitely targeted towards teens and adults although the dialogue isn't laugh out loud funny there are several lines that will put a grin on your face or make you chuckle but i would have to say that the funniest moments of the game do not come from the dialogue but from some of the sequences which are so bizarre and silly that they will make you laugh just from thinking what the hell remember what I said earlier about the humour keeping a lasting impression on you? well these sequences are the highlight of that statement.

The music is half and half there are several songs in the game that fit the mood and are quite memorable but then there are the songs that although fit the mood can be pretty forgetful. One thing that impressed me about the music is the variety there a several different types of music such as techno, rock and more over all the music is pretty good and meets it criteria.

The level design is very unique and you will never see two levels that look anything alike some levels have minor gimmicks that some may not like but it does change up the gameplay a bit and the majority of the game is the platforming that you will be used too by time you get to these points.

I wanted to save the most criticized aspect of this game for last which are the controls often they are said to be the make or break deal for people interested in this game and for the most part people have said that they are quite awkward and are what stop this game from rising above a lot of the mediocre downloadable games out there. I have personally never had any problems with the controls what so ever although I have only played the ps3 version of hell yeah and can not comment how the controls are on the xbox 360 and pc versions I can comfortably say that the controls are barely an issue on the ps3 version in my option i mean the only slight difficulty iv had with the controls are when first getting the saw jet pack but after experimenting around with the controls for about two minutes after obtaining the item and seeing how the physics work it didn't become a problem to me at all and I was able to see the game from start to finish with no control difficulties.

Overall hell yeah is a game that I am thankful exists and all though not perfect and there being many better downloadable games out there for the same price if not cheaper I do not regret downloading it and would happily beg for a sequel. If you were a kid growing up in the 90's and you were a big gamer at the time you most likely remember the era of mascots and that's what's so amazing about hell yeah it brings some of that mascot nostalgia back which in the video game world now a days is a very VERY rare thing Overall would a recommend this game?.... HELL YEAH .

1. Nov 26, 2012
    Prince Ash's underworld is a sadistic delight. [Christmas 2012, p.97]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    Stupidly entertaining. [Christmas 2012, p.89]
  3. An exceptionally colourful platformer in which you control a groovy dead rabbit. The game often surprises you with its visual style and funny cut scenes, but drops the ball here and there when it comes to precise controls and navigation. [November 2012, p.93]