• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Dec 6, 2007
8.1

1. JayK.
    May 10, 2008
    This is the best £5 I have ever spent. It is so addictive and there is so much to do for the money. There is a lot to unlock and it's quite challenging. The different characters are all creepy but weirdly likable. The controls are genius and are easily better than the Wii sports bowling game. Lastly, it is a great multiplayer game and you will find yourself becoming very This is the best £5 I have ever spent. It is so addictive and there is so much to do for the money. There is a lot to unlock and it's quite challenging. The different characters are all creepy but weirdly likable. The controls are genius and are easily better than the Wii sports bowling game. Lastly, it is a great multiplayer game and you will find yourself becoming very serious and competitive. Expand
  2. PorterB.
    Dec 10, 2007
    Puts wii bowling to shame. has a small learning curve that once you get it down is actually suprisingly fun!
  3. DaveA.
    Dec 14, 2007
    For $10 ..WOW! My kids (5&7) really have a great time! the 5 yr old needs a litle help but the 7 yr old is really good at it! I love it too! Simple and fun!
  4. Giterdone
    Dec 17, 2007
    Really suprisingly good and hands down the best downloadable game on the PSN (other than Warhawk of course). it is hard to hit consistent strikes, but once you get the hang of it, it's great fun.
  5. BillP.
    Dec 7, 2007
    By far the best downloadable game on the PS3.
  6. LaurandaK.
    Dec 8, 2007
    I love these websites. "It's low on content." It's bowling! It's not a very complex sport. Do they want over the top stuff like the Power Bowling in Wiisports? The characters are kind of goofy and annoying after awhile, but as far as the game itself, it has never been done better. Sure, you don't have full motiong sensing like Wiisports, but that prevents you from I love these websites. "It's low on content." It's bowling! It's not a very complex sport. Do they want over the top stuff like the Power Bowling in Wiisports? The characters are kind of goofy and annoying after awhile, but as far as the game itself, it has never been done better. Sure, you don't have full motiong sensing like Wiisports, but that prevents you from cranking your arm the same way everytime to easily get high scores like in Wiisports. The scoring here is much more on par with real bowling. Expand
  7. Bret
    Dec 14, 2007
    Fun game, definatly worth the money. They did a far better job on it then I thought they would (based on things I read). Reviewers that give scores compared to $60 games are ridiculous (which is why much of the PSN content scores lower). I have just about every PSN game and we play them more then many more expensive games. This one will get a lot of use in our house (especially when Fun game, definatly worth the money. They did a far better job on it then I thought they would (based on things I read). Reviewers that give scores compared to $60 games are ridiculous (which is why much of the PSN content scores lower). I have just about every PSN game and we play them more then many more expensive games. This one will get a lot of use in our house (especially when guests come over)... great fun. Expand
  8. AleksiS.
    Dec 23, 2007
    Best PSN game now, much fun for a long time, only problem there is not network game.
  9. Dec 4, 2010
    What a fun game!I loved playing the wii bowling but after playing this game,there is no bowling game that even comes close to the physics,the feel,the fun.This is what I'm talking about,games like this are always best with another player but when you can play a game like this by yourself and have tons of fun then you know it's a well made great game.I recommend this to anyone wantingWhat a fun game!I loved playing the wii bowling but after playing this game,there is no bowling game that even comes close to the physics,the feel,the fun.This is what I'm talking about,games like this are always best with another player but when you can play a game like this by yourself and have tons of fun then you know it's a well made great game.I recommend this to anyone wanting fun,real bowling that doesn't want to go out to the bowling alley cause this is as close as you can get. Expand
  10. Dec 17, 2013
    I've played this a lot! It just works so well with the sixaxis. And it's really fun to be able to feel like I can actually throw a curveball. It's really fun to play with friends too.
    Downside is that to unlock everything you have to complete the career mode and challenges. The ending was too difficult and it also made me a lot better then my friends and so I always won every game. Which broke the game for us and we didn't play it again. I did have a lot of fun though.

Though High Velocity Bowling is a little short on overall content (and no, offering to let us buy more characters isn't really what we had in mind), it's a fun little game to fire up and play with friends.
  2. High Velocity Bowling is far, far better than you'd think it initially seems. I've little doubt that this review will probably be one of the highest-rated of the bunch on most aggregate sites, but I honestly think it's a simple matter of going into the game with an open mind.
  3. But it also makes you wonder why the game uses motion sensing at all, since all you're really doing during the swing itself is setting the power of your shot. If you can live with that then it's a decent bowling game with plenty to unlock, as well as trick shots and other fun frills.