7.5

1. Apr 24, 2013
    Hitman Absolution is great in the beginning... but the later missions don't capture the feel and excitement of Hitman at all! However this is still a good fun game and the multiplayer is definitely something new, interesting and cool!
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    A poor addition to the Hitman franchise. Hitman was a series that didn't need changing, it was as if IO Interactive have never heard of the old saying "If it's not broke don't fix it" Everything that made Hitman so great and unique has been removed and replaced with material copied from other gaming franchises. As a result Hitman Absolution is very similar to Splintercell Conviction rather than a Hitman game. The big open sandbox levels have been replaced with heavily scripted linear levels so it can tell a story. Previous Hitmans were all about gameplay, Absolution is more about a story. The story was like it was written by Steve Stiffler from the American Pie films, very childish sick gross out trying to be edgy but fails. In my opinion games should always be about gameplay, if i want a story i'll watch a DVD or go to the cinema. The less i say about the broken AI the better. Expand
  3. Apr 15, 2013
    I'm still playing Hitman Blood Money 7yrs on, every level is such a joy to replay through again and again. Unfortunately the same can't be said about Hitman Absolution. It's not like a Hitman game and the levels are very linear story driven trash that aren't even worth a second play through. AVOID this game, rent it or buy it second hand, don't waste your money. Hitman Blood Money is a masterpiece, Absolution is a total disaster that has killed a once great franchise. Expand
  4. May 5, 2013
    This is good game no doubt about that. This is great assassin/stealth game. What i liked about this game was sneaking so if you are an fps fan this is probably not for you. I also liked the many ways of killing and fooling the enemy. Though sometimes i felt like "how stupid you are!". Story is okay. Not great. Too linear to be great and that's what i hated about in this game. Cutscenes were done very nicely. Graphics were very good too.
    In the end this is good game for people who are patient and likes to go on slowly so this is probably not for cod fans or bf3 fans.
  5. ERB
    Nov 2, 2013
    Sorry I did not mean to give this game a 0/10 right now I'm about to take that score back and place a 9/10 score for this game.The graphics in this game is cool the game play is awesome and even the storyline is really interesting.Hitman or Agent 47 is absolutely cool.He is one good shooter and one good assassin.The assassinations in this game is pretty awesome and sometimes even funny.And for the last time I'm really sorry for giving this game a 0/10 because this game deserves a 9/10 from me.This game is a must buy game for all of you fans and not fans of this game.This game is awesome. Expand
  6. May 3, 2013
    Whoever gives this game less than a 7 or 8 has clearly no skills in stealth gaming. I've seen a lot of users complain about not being able to play this game stealthy and getting spotted every time. Well, guess what? You simply don't know how to play it and don't understand it's mechanics. Of course it's not a flawless game. There are minor bugs/glitches here and there and the AI doesn't always act smart, but all in all this is a great game with a pretty good storyline and beautiful graphics. You may have more of the sandbox feel in Blood Money, but that doesn't take away from the fun Hitman: Absolution brings to the table. If you like some challenging stealth game-play or action packed shootouts, this game is for you! Expand
  7. Nov 30, 2013
    First Impressions Review. So far I can say this game is buggy as At one point a guard could see me trough the walls, the batman sonar doesn't differentiate important things or refrain from showing things that are to far.
    The disguise mechanics is broken at the core level, it's simply a invincibility mode to detection for a short amount of time, I say that because it's not ONE AI
    individual who gets suspiciously, they run out your disguise bar so once one of them runs out your "instinct" everyone can spot you.

Other problem is that people with the same uniform/clothes as you will pay more attention to you. That's not because they can remember who works at the company or who's in the police unit or not, No! Every person who has the same uniform can sort of sense that you are not one them, almost like the uniform has a conscious mind and calls out to it peers to say INTROOUDER! Like if you pick a Mcdonadls uniform all of the fast food clerks can spot you.

The Uniform was supposed to give you free pass in some areas and only SOME of the AI were supoosed to spot you, like the head of police for the cops, not everyone. And your actions should matter and they just don't seem to.
  8. Aug 6, 2013
    After playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you to explore and do as you wish. With Hitman Absolution the story forces you down narrow paths and small linear levels full of cutsences, hell even some of the hits turn into cutscenes which takes away the point and a huge part of the fun. I don't want a cutscene to take over and kill a target for me i want to do it myself. Not being able to select your own weapons before each level also takes a lot of the fun away. After play Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money i was super excited for Hitman Absolution, but sadly it just didn't feel anything like a Hitman game. Expand
  9. Aug 10, 2013
    As a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone with some bugs and stupid broken A.I. But as a Hitman game it is very bad, the worst in the series in fact. They have taken everything that made Hitman so fun and special, threw it in the bin, then replaced it with a linear story driven action game. Playing through it was like watching a terrible B Movie, it was so bad i just had to keep watching/playing through. Expand
  10. Aug 25, 2013
    Never been a fan of the Hitman games, but Hitman: Absolution changed my mind. Theres a few things that I don't like about it. Firstly, the Hitman: Absolution Sniper Challenge, I don't like the fact that its only one level, so gets boring after the first few goes, Secondly, some of the missions are quiet 'Samey'. Stakeout a place, watch, try not to get seen, don't kill Civ's, kill the target and escape. I do enjoy the story and the challenges people have made, very hard. Visually, I think its awesome, stunning graphics, awesome rag-doll effect of the enemies dying when shot. So with that being said, I give this game a 6/10

-AG-
  11. Aug 26, 2013
    If your new to the himan series and you start on this game you will love it if your a long time fan..you wont like this game. most of the hitman elements are gone like for example: in the old hitmans it would be almost impossible to gun down everything in your way, in absoultion you can gun everything with no plan at all and still get alot of points. it does have good graphics and a deceant story and nice shooting but this is not a game for longtime fans. 6.7 Expand
  12. Jan 6, 2014
    I briefly tried some of the PS2 era Hitman games but didn't much care for them. When Absolution was announced, I figured I'd give it a shot. And while I wasn't really bored or frustrated like in the past, neither did I find the experience captivating. In the end, I stopped after around three missions because it just didn't compel me to move forward.

Graphics
    The game is good looking
    with some nice movies. No complaints there.

Story
    Agent 47 is sent to take out his former handler who has betrayed the agency. After doing so, he begins to feel regret because the woman was helping a young girl escape his fate. It was kind of nebulous, and maybe I would have gotten more out of it had I continued. But I honestly had a hard time caring about the hero.

Gameplay
    There was a lot of sneaking around, offing guys, and so forth as you'd expect. And while I had no technical complaints with the experience, I also found no particular enjoyment from it. It felt a little like sneaking around in Uncharted or Deus Ex, except not nearly as satisfying.

The verdict--it was okay. I had other games I'd rather spend my time with.
  13. Sep 25, 2013
    This game was pretty good. I liked how there were so many ways too kill your target. Best Hitman of the series for sure. I strongly recommend it to anyone.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the first Hitman game that i have played and to be honest i was really impressed by Hitman: Absolution. The shooting mechanics and combat are great, the graphics/art style is really good. The story is really good, the voice acting is outstanding along with the amaing looking cutscenes. This is truly a sleeper hit for the year 2012 and i cant wait to see a sequel. Hitman: Absolution is what the Batman Arkham series should have been. Expand
  15. Nov 20, 2013
    La verdad es que este juego no sabía ni que existía, lo descargue gratis este mes porque era el juego del mes de Playstation Plus, así lo probaría haber que tal y lo cierto es que me ha dejado muy sorprendido. Lejos de desagradarme, me ha dejado alucinado, es un juego sublime. La jugabilidad es excelente, como manejar el personaje, las armas y las distintas formas de matar, el control es liviano y sencillo cuando te acostumbras a el. Los gráficos son muy buenos, los escenarios en los que he jugado son muy ampliados y muy reales con detalles bastantes buenos. El sonido es lo que mejor esta del juego, gracias a su espectacular doblaje al castellano el juego brilla aun mas, con unas conversaciones y diálogos geniales y que no te dejaran indiferente. La duración es bastante variada, depende de la dificulta que escojas, desde fácil hasta profesional, por supuesto cuanto mas difícil mas tardaras en pasarte este grandisimo juego, la media seria de unas 12/18 horas. Luego esta también aparte el modo contratos, para poder jugar online con tus amigos. ¿Lo recomiendo? Si, es una joya que no debes dejar escapar. Expand
  16. Jun 14, 2014
    This is the first Hitman game that i've played. Pros: - Graphics- No one can deny the great use of the Glacier 2 engine. Environments are amazing. characters looks great. - animations- it looks great, facial animations are great too. - level Design- lots of different opportunities, to approach in different ways. good tutorial cons: - Bad gameplay. Agent 47 is no way near as agile as Sam Fisher, and would help a lot in its gameplay.
    - Bad boring story that never interested me from the get go.
    - feels to linear.
    - you lose your silver ballers early in the game, and limits ur option to do silent head-shots or point shooting.
  17. Jun 19, 2014
    This is the best game ever. I am a big fan of the stealth genre. I don't like mindless shooting games which just keeps spawning bad guys, with monotony being the only challenge. This game is just superb. I have played Silent Assassin and Contracts but not Blood money. So i am not aware of the drawbacks of Blood money. But Absolution is truly the BEST. Amazing story, lively graphics, engaging missions, lot of playtime value with a variety of options to eliminate the targets. Expand
  18. Apr 15, 2014
    So enlighten me how this Hitman game is the best game ever? This is just a passable game it can't be classified as the Hitman because all the other previous iterations where we played into the open world this game predetermines where the player is going to play and try trace its foot-steps by forcing the gamer to leave the Hitman we all grown to love with.
  19. Apr 26, 2014
    Disappointing, just disappointing. when i first played absolution i was too overcome with
    "newgame-syndrome" to realise the issues with this game. for one its short, very short. although it may have the average amount of levels in a hitman game, the actual levels themselves were too short and easy. it gives less choice in how you carry out your hit than ever, and for a stealth game it
    sure is easier to run in with a shotgun and shoot the place up (thats not a good thing, you're practically bullet proof. i've taken to going around with a screwdriver and gore-ing everyone in my path), also there is no consequence for massacring everyone as once your done in one area, you may open a door to the next section of the level and it is like nothing happened. the AI's are pretty dumb as it is, but im pretty sure they should hear a shotgun going of in the other room. Now i know that this next thing is probably me moaning but when i read "make your own contracts" i thought it would be like far cry 3 create a map mode, not replay the same mission over and over again just lodge a bullet in someone else's head this time around........mode. now on the con side the graphics are good, and hitting the unsuspecting goon in the head with a wrench never gets old, and the mission "end of the road" is a blast. along side that are dual-wielding any pistols, knife (or screwdriver) throwing, the new cover system and taking hostages.

all in all, despite the cons listed above, Absolution is a buggy, disappointingly short and easy, needlessly cursey mess with a uncaptivating and kinda stupid story ( i mean HIT-NUNS for god sake) and although the online portion of the game is new and fun, it quickly gets old.
  20. Aug 6, 2014
    Much preferred Blood Money to this but Hitman Absolution is by no means a bad game i just think its a bit poor story wise, i never felt myself sucked into the game, in fact it takes a minute to even think what it was. Graphics are very good for the time, online is a bit lifeless, but overall the game looks good, feels good to play, no bugs or mess ups, story is average so it gets a 7.5/10 from me.
  21. Aug 31, 2014
    This game is very fun. And the gameplay is really fantastic. One of the greatest games in 2012, maybe the best. The graphics is great. I didn't care much for the story, but it's ok. I played through this game on one day, and started on my second playtrough straight afterward beacuse it was so fun.

1. Jan 24, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution proves to be another notable entry in the series. It may house a ho-hum plot, and you'll hate just about every character you come across, but the open nature of the approach is good enough that you'll overlook those blemishes.
  2. Dec 16, 2012
    When playing to its strengths, Hitman: Absolution is a genuinely great game. Overall, though, it feels slightly disappointing, simply because it doesn't spend enough time playing to those strengths.
  3. Dec 6, 2012
    It's easy to recommend Hitman Absolution, a game that provides chills and emotion although lacks the charisma and polish that you expect from this kind of production.