7.5

1. Oct 19, 2013
    My first time playing a Hitman game. It's slower paced than what I'm typically used to playing, but overall I enjoyed this action/stealth game. I found the game to be a little frustrating at times and not just because of my lack of experience with this type of game. Poor gameplay decisions make this game a little more tedious than it needs to be at times.

Why does the game even bother

Why does the game even bother with disguises if your enemies can see through them instantly? The only way to keep from getting caught while wearing them is to use your "Instinct" meter, so when that runs out you're screwed. And why are you penalized for killing enemies who get between you and your target? I can understand why the game penalizes you for getting caught, but when you kill the guard who caught you losing points sucks. It's stuff like this that brings the game down. But when everything is going right there's nothing else like "Absolution".

Moving through an area undetected and taking out your target before the enemies even know you're there is a completely rewarding and enthralling experience that more than makes up for this games flaws. These moments are made better by the numerous ways to complete these assassinations. Every level has several ways to take out your target, and how you do it is up to you. This gives you a reason to stick with the game after you have beaten it, as does the "Contracts" mode will please players who like to get competitive with their skills.

Hitman: Absolution is a fun but flawed game. It's a lot of fun to play even if it can become a trial-and-error experience at times. If you're into games that require quick thinking and creativity then this might be for you. Overall I enjoyed the game despite its flaws. At times it almost felt like a PS2 game, and it took me back to a time when creativity and an imaginative setting were enough to make a game memorable and enjoyable.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    The story mode is okay, but it's the contracts option that saves this game. The story is a little convoluted and unrealistic, to be honest. I didn't find it that interesting to play, and it took me a long time to figure out what to do in some cases. So as I said before, contracts save this game. They make each chapter in the story have infinite possibilities to kill people, and you can doThe story mode is okay, but it's the contracts option that saves this game. The story is a little convoluted and unrealistic, to be honest. I didn't find it that interesting to play, and it took me a long time to figure out what to do in some cases. So as I said before, contracts save this game. They make each chapter in the story have infinite possibilities to kill people, and you can do whatever you please, basically. I would buy this game, but play the contracts first to get a feel for the game and the environments, then, if you must, play the story. Expand
  3. Dec 29, 2012
    I've played every Hitman game since Hitman 2 and i love the series. Absolution trys to do some new things but takes away two key features that i think fans of the series just must have in the game. One is no more choosing your wepon load outs from your safe house. That was always a cool feature of just looking through your vast selection of wepons and deciding what you wanted to take onI've played every Hitman game since Hitman 2 and i love the series. Absolution trys to do some new things but takes away two key features that i think fans of the series just must have in the game. One is no more choosing your wepon load outs from your safe house. That was always a cool feature of just looking through your vast selection of wepons and deciding what you wanted to take on your next mission. Two would be the mission maps are much smaller. Prevous Hitman games had you just dropped off in a level which was pretty big and said this is your taget hear is some info now go find him and kill him on how you see fit .Now Absolution takes more of a story based play through which the story is not bad and the game over all is still kind of fun but part of that old Hitman feel was kinda lost. Graphically Absolution looks great and is also voice acted very well too. I did enjoy the game and it is worth playing but i think most fans will find the older Hitman games like Blood Money far more fun. Infact i find myself can't waiting to Play the Hitman HD collection just so i can play Blood Money again over wanting to play Absolution. Expand
  4. Apr 21, 2013
    I think the best thing that Absolution did, and was stray a little off the path from the other games in the vastly popular franchise that is Hitman, and it certainly needed to be.
    After a vastly unpopular film adaption, and a six year hiatus, something needed to give, and a standalone current generation game was the answer, a creative, innovative and wildly entertaining adventure that puts what can be described as an underdog series of games, on track to compete with the best.
    Agent 47 continues his tumulus journey as the silent assassin working for the agency, but when he is sent on a mission he doesn't fully understand, he starts to question the company he works for, but most of all he starts to question his life.
    When he learns of the existence of the mysterious Victoria, a girl who seems to have been chemically engineered and with a trail leading back to the agency, 47 travels the world searching for answers and letting nobody stand in his way, setting up a thrilling and often frustrating adventure.
    The game offers vastly different and thoughtful scenarios to approach each and every mission, sure, take out your silverballers and shoot the place up until your heart is content, but why not garrotte a guard, hide him in a bin and steal his uniform? Or why not sabotage a piano lid to fall onto a guards head, and even subtly contaminate the drugs of a target and stand in the background and watch him meet his maker? The opportunities available are truly endless, which makes replaying missions all the more fun, and creative.
    The story moves at a steady pace and plays out as if this could be a sort of reckoning for the rest of the games, as 47, for much of the game, ditches the iconic black suit and full-buttoned shirt with red tie for a more gritty and off the grid outlaw persona, all reflections of how the game plays out.
    The game is truly beautiful to look at, whether your inside beachfront villas or getting soaked in the dank streets of a city, there is always something new to see and different ways to utilise your surroundings.
    The game almost plays to flawless but with a few minor hiccups. Sometimes the movement of 47 feels too retro and cardboard, and at times the mission setup is never quite clear. There is also the ongoing problem of these current generation games trying to be cinematic, thats fine right up until pivotal moments are taken away from the player and left to a cutscene, we do the hard work, but don't worry, the game has no problem robbing you of that prize at the end of the finish line, more power to the players!
    But with this onboard, and quite an interesting Contracts mode within the multiplayer aspect of the game, Hitman; Absolution could well indeed divide the large fan base it holds down to its vastly different direction of gameplay, with no real open-world aspects, but for me this was definitely a good choice as the surroundings truly can be used by any means necessary.
    With a solid story and very gritty and varied approach compared to recent entries, Absolution is hopefully the start of bigger and better things to come for out most deadly assassin, and it was brilliant to see such an excellent return to form for the series.
  5. Jan 3, 2013
    I never played any of the other Hitman games, so I have no base to compare to. That being said, I really had high expectations with Absolution. I thought it would have a kind of "Assassins Creed feel" to it, but this is not the case. Killing, of course, is the main objective of the game's chapters though they don't play as smoothly as I expected. I mean, they made a very rich universe,I never played any of the other Hitman games, so I have no base to compare to. That being said, I really had high expectations with Absolution. I thought it would have a kind of "Assassins Creed feel" to it, but this is not the case. Killing, of course, is the main objective of the game's chapters though they don't play as smoothly as I expected. I mean, they made a very rich universe, filled with opportunities that have the sole purpose of driving us to creative skills. But (at least for me) this never happens. I don't know, maybe I am not playing it well, but nothing works as planed for me. I am always caught and all the missions usually end in an "Uncharted-esque" way. And I am not rushing. I take my time, studying the environment, the targets, their behaviour etc etc; I try to blend, to disguise etc etc but it just never works. I am not saying I want an easy game, I just wanted the scenarios to be a more coherent stage of events, that's all. This game is gorgeous, plays beautifully and we do get a LOT of options and ideas of "how to kill", I just never get an actual chance to do that. Also, it just makes no sense to be PUNISHED for killing in a game in which you are supposed to kill... Expand
  6. ERB
    Nov 2, 2013
    Sorry I did not mean to give this game a 0/10 right now I'm about to take that score back and place a 9/10 score for this game.The graphics in this game is cool the game play is awesome and even the storyline is really interesting.Hitman or Agent 47 is absolutely cool.He is one good shooter and one good assassin.The assassinations in this game is pretty awesome and sometimes evenSorry I did not mean to give this game a 0/10 right now I'm about to take that score back and place a 9/10 score for this game.The graphics in this game is cool the game play is awesome and even the storyline is really interesting.Hitman or Agent 47 is absolutely cool.He is one good shooter and one good assassin.The assassinations in this game is pretty awesome and sometimes even funny.And for the last time I'm really sorry for giving this game a 0/10 because this game deserves a 9/10 from me.This game is a must buy game for all of you fans and not fans of this game.This game is awesome. Expand
  7. Apr 24, 2013
    Hitman Absolution is great in the beginning... but the later missions don't capture the feel and excitement of Hitman at all! However this is still a good fun game and the multiplayer is definitely something new, interesting and cool!
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the first Hitman game that i have played and to be honest i was really impressed by Hitman: Absolution. The shooting mechanics and combat are great, the graphics/art style is really good. The story is really good, the voice acting is outstanding along with the amaing looking cutscenes. This is truly a sleeper hit for the year 2012 and i cant wait to see a sequel. Hitman: AbsolutionThis is the first Hitman game that i have played and to be honest i was really impressed by Hitman: Absolution. The shooting mechanics and combat are great, the graphics/art style is really good. The story is really good, the voice acting is outstanding along with the amaing looking cutscenes. This is truly a sleeper hit for the year 2012 and i cant wait to see a sequel. Hitman: Absolution is what the Batman Arkham series should have been. Expand
  9. Aug 6, 2014
    Much preferred Blood Money to this but Hitman Absolution is by no means a bad game i just think its a bit poor story wise, i never felt myself sucked into the game, in fact it takes a minute to even think what it was. Graphics are very good for the time, online is a bit lifeless, but overall the game looks good, feels good to play, no bugs or mess ups, story is average so it gets a 7.5/10 from me.
  10. Nov 20, 2013
    La verdad es que este juego no sabía ni que existía, lo descargue gratis este mes porque era el juego del mes de Playstation Plus, así lo probaría haber que tal y lo cierto es que me ha dejado muy sorprendido. Lejos de desagradarme, me ha dejado alucinado, es un juego sublime. La jugabilidad es excelente, como manejar el personaje, las armas y las distintas formas de matar, el control esLa verdad es que este juego no sabía ni que existía, lo descargue gratis este mes porque era el juego del mes de Playstation Plus, así lo probaría haber que tal y lo cierto es que me ha dejado muy sorprendido. Lejos de desagradarme, me ha dejado alucinado, es un juego sublime. La jugabilidad es excelente, como manejar el personaje, las armas y las distintas formas de matar, el control es liviano y sencillo cuando te acostumbras a el. Los gráficos son muy buenos, los escenarios en los que he jugado son muy ampliados y muy reales con detalles bastantes buenos. El sonido es lo que mejor esta del juego, gracias a su espectacular doblaje al castellano el juego brilla aun mas, con unas conversaciones y diálogos geniales y que no te dejaran indiferente. La duración es bastante variada, depende de la dificulta que escojas, desde fácil hasta profesional, por supuesto cuanto mas difícil mas tardaras en pasarte este grandisimo juego, la media seria de unas 12/18 horas. Luego esta también aparte el modo contratos, para poder jugar online con tus amigos. ¿Lo recomiendo? Si, es una joya que no debes dejar escapar. Expand
  11. Nov 21, 2012
    Look, i'm not going to lie, okay? this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games this gen imo and i'm not exaggerating, it's sad that most prefer to play generic first person shooter instead of actual good games like this, this game deserves a 9 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  12. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this, it's kinda sad that most "gamers" prefer to play generic, bland and crappy military first person shooter instead of really good games like this, this game deserves a 8.5 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  13. Nov 21, 2012
    I find it pathetic that some folks still can't take off thier nostalgia goggles for seconds to review this game fairly instead of hating on it and giving it a low score because certain moment in the story that i won't spoil here annoyed them, it's sad to see games like this, Darksider 2 and Assassin's Creed III get bashed while generic military first person shooters get praised by the sameI find it pathetic that some folks still can't take off thier nostalgia goggles for seconds to review this game fairly instead of hating on it and giving it a low score because certain moment in the story that i won't spoil here annoyed them, it's sad to see games like this, Darksider 2 and Assassin's Creed III get bashed while generic military first person shooters get praised by the same people, this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this gen imo, great story, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no bugs/glitches, just perfect. Expand
  14. Nov 26, 2012
    Absolution is too much of a step away from the normal Hitman approach to appease a self titled fanatic of the series like myself. Silly ideas that in reality wouldn't work, averting your face to avoid attention for example, and stripped back and more restricted environments kicks number of options the player can choose from down to slim pickings. Excellent plot, numerous faults but allAbsolution is too much of a step away from the normal Hitman approach to appease a self titled fanatic of the series like myself. Silly ideas that in reality wouldn't work, averting your face to avoid attention for example, and stripped back and more restricted environments kicks number of options the player can choose from down to slim pickings. Excellent plot, numerous faults but all round there is enough to appease new fans and give the veterans a bit of a workout. Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2012
    I waited a little while before writing a review so I had a complete and clear understanding of the game
    (Pre-ordered Hitman absolution and was playing it only minutes after its official Australian release)..
    This is not a complete game as of yet, it's a little buggy and a few concepts need to be patched, and I have no doubt that they will be.. Other then that this is a fantastic game
    Other then that this is a fantastic game and a must buy for any stealth or action game loving player (Or compulsive perfectionists like myself)..
    It's everything you'd expect from a hitman game, No set path on how to play it, visually stunning, and brutally difficult on the highest setting..
    The game play it's self is close to that of bloodmoney, although its been a little to simplified for my liking (I know they are just trying to reach a larger audience, causal's and what not), but it still has that gritty dark hitman feel..

The leaderboard system is what I have my biggest problem with, the competitive nature is all well and good, but On a global and national scale it just has no place, with youtube videos on how to do perfect purist runs with in one month of the release all top 1000 will have the exact same score and all the effort anyone puts in to legitimately get on the leaderboards will be for nothing, with all the cheaters and lazy gamers taking up every spot..

Luckily the contracts system will compensate for this, having close to an unlimited ways to set up contracts and to carry them out people will be forced to act uniquely..

Over all this game is close to exactly what all the diehard hitman fans wanted, it's an amazing game no doubt, but there is room for improvement, and with later patches this game hopefully will become the game we all wanted..
  16. Jun 14, 2014
    This is the first Hitman game that i've played.
    Pros:
    - Graphics- No one can deny the great use of the Glacier 2 engine. Environments are amazing. characters looks great. - animations- it looks great, facial animations are great too. - level Design- lots of different opportunities, to approach in different ways. good tutorial cons: - Bad gameplay. Agent 47 is no way near as agile
    This is the first Hitman game that i've played.
    Pros:
    - animations- it looks great, facial animations are great too.

cons:
    - Bad gameplay. Agent 47 is no way near as agile as Sam Fisher, and would help a lot in its gameplay.
    - Bad boring story that never interested me from the get go.
    - feels to linear.
    - you lose your silver ballers early in the game, and limits ur option to do silent head-shots or point shooting.
  17. Jul 28, 2013
    Really enjoyed Hitman Absolution. It gives you countless challenges to approach your mission to kill your target or to escape from location.
    Controllers for hiding and taking cover confused me a little bit at the begining but it was fine after that. Enemy AI is really great. I finished the game on Hard difficulty and I enjoyed the challenges on this difficulty.
    Stealth is a great feature
    Stealth is a great feature of this game. So if you like stealth based games this one is for you.
    I give this game an 8/10
  18. Sep 9, 2013
    Do not get the negative comments at all, you assassinate quite a bit of people actually. The last three being the hardest.
    The game was actually challenging for a not-so-skilled gamer like me, so i found it fun and definitely worth the space (I didn't pay for it thank you PS+!)!
    Deleting it now, great game! Recommend to anyone who likes stealth shooters!
  19. Nov 24, 2012
    Hitman Absolution is a big disappointment, they had so many years to make this game and improve it, so that it would surpass it's predecessors. Hitman Absolution is to me, the worst Hitman game ever made. The storyline is bad, the game is way to short and the gameplay is awful. In the Hitman games you are an assassin taking care of contracts, in Absolution are are a runaway from the lawHitman Absolution is a big disappointment, they had so many years to make this game and improve it, so that it would surpass it's predecessors. Hitman Absolution is to me, the worst Hitman game ever made. The storyline is bad, the game is way to short and the gameplay is awful. In the Hitman games you are an assassin taking care of contracts, in Absolution are are a runaway from the law playing a babysitter for a girl named Victoria. I thought they would have gone beyond their predecessors after so many years but they haven't. The game also forces you to blow your cover from time to time and engage enemies and it is unsatisfying eliminating enemies in this game. When you shoot them the bullets does not leave any bullet holes only some red marks on their bodies. Also, when you shoot them they fall to the ground like marionette dolls that has recently gotten their strings cut off. The game doesn't even offer you the luxury to close a door. Expand
  20. Nov 26, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution is a stealthy cold hard killing action game, filling the boots of agent 47 once again, with a great story. The graphics are good, and stealth is well executed also, with some interesting gameplay mechanics. What really impressive here, is the oustanding varieth of options given for dymanic kills, and extra challenges to bring you back after. It was well worth the wait,Hitman: Absolution is a stealthy cold hard killing action game, filling the boots of agent 47 once again, with a great story. The graphics are good, and stealth is well executed also, with some interesting gameplay mechanics. What really impressive here, is the oustanding varieth of options given for dymanic kills, and extra challenges to bring you back after. It was well worth the wait, and look forward to seeing what path hitman takes next. Like many games, their are some little bugs, im sure will get fixed, but they did not spoil, or impact the game. Expand
  21. Dec 17, 2012
    Overall it's really great but I felt as if they used some of the easiest gimmicks of the genre and didn't really use them as much as they could. Also, I guess I expected more action and better plot.
  22. Nov 20, 2012
    Just an all around good, violent action game. The story is decent although it's not the strong suit of the game, and as someone below me has stated, there are (almost) no bugs. Not GOTY, not at all, but absolutely riveting.
  23. Feb 25, 2014
    Hitman Absolution... has some problems. There's no denying it's a good game, because it is. It's a very good game, and anyone who tells you otherwise is either mad, misguided or not a fan of stealth games. However, that's not to say it's the best game of the year, because it doesn't come close. While the previous instalments, particularly Hitman: Blood Money were magnificent, this gameHitman Absolution... has some problems. There's no denying it's a good game, because it is. It's a very good game, and anyone who tells you otherwise is either mad, misguided or not a fan of stealth games. However, that's not to say it's the best game of the year, because it doesn't come close. While the previous instalments, particularly Hitman: Blood Money were magnificent, this game does feel like many reboots before it. It feels like this in that it takes a number of the systems of the previous games, adds its own ones and then jumbles them all together. And jumbled it does become.

This game was directed by Tore Blystad, who served as Art Director on Hitman: Blood Money, and it takes the franchise in a different direction. The previous games were very non-linear, and there wasn't a story it was forced to follow. The result of this, of course, were the massive sandbox levels and exotic locales, as well as a huge variety of different targets and characters. In this game, Agent 47 has gone rogue after assassinating Diana Burnwood (his handler from the previous games) and taking the young Victoria, to protect her from the ICA. Meanwhile, Benjamin Travis, the head of the ICA, wants to get it back. He'll go about this with Blake Dexter, arms manufacturer and all-round psychopath. And so Agent 47 is thrust into the world, this time to escape the coppers and save Victoria from the ICA.

I must praise the game for the story, because it's brilliant. Because of this, the characters are all well-developed, and have some strong voice acting from Hollywoodians like Keith Carradine and Powers Boothe, among others. There are people with clout involved in this game. However, the way they've one about bringing the new story focus to fruition isn't exactly exceptional. The level design, and pacing, suffer the worst here. Because 47's supposed to be running from the cops for a murder he didn't commit within the story, he's got to run from the cops in the game. Which means that, for the first act, which can take anywhere between two and eight hours depending on how you play, can be spend wandering through rather bleak locales escaping the Chicago PD. The fact that it's story focussed also means that you have to make your way through the level in a way that is logical in the context of the story.

In previous games, the real system was "make your way from point A to point B any way you wish, then return to point A/C". In this game, however, the levels are chopped up to make sense within the confines of the story. Which means that, far from the amazing sandbox levels of the previous games, you're following a predetermined path that always ends in the same location. There's never any deviation from the predetermined path, because the story demands that you go a particular way to a particular point. It's also very cutscene heavy which, while not a bad thing in and of itself, can certainly put a few people off.

Because the story is set about in a particular way, you've no longer got the pre-mission loadout screens, or the post-mission newspaper articles, that you see in Blood Money. Which means no weapon customisation, and no weapon selection. This gets to abysmal levels as, apart from the first and second levels, you're not given access to Silverballers until the beginning of Act Two. About two to eight hours into the game. Then, there's a bunch of other mechanics that really prohibit the way you're gonna go about playing the game. This is where the review devolves into a rant, children, so cover your eyes.

Instinct. One word, a thousand problems. Instinct is a new function included in the game, and the game is built around it, which serves a variety of purposes. It introduces Point Shooting, a function a'la Splinter Cell: Conviction's bullet time-esque system. It's a slow motion system that allows you to target people and then shoot them in quick succession, very accurately. Then, there's a system that allows you to follow guard paths and see the guards. I'm one of the few people who wasn't incredibly annoyed with these systems. I kind of liked them. However, Instinct's integration with Disguises isn't so good. Basically, if you walk past a guard, you need to activate instinct otherwise you'll be spotted. However, because Instinct comes in painfully short supply anywhere above normal, and you need to be super stealthy anyway, there's no incentive for a hardcore Hitman player to go above Normal, because that mode doesn't work with the new Instinct function introduced. Instinct, above Normal (and sometimes in it) makes it almost entirely impossible to play the game like a Hitman game. Hitman's about exploration and finding multiple solutions to the problem. Without that, it's just a normal stealth game.

To say this game's bad would be a lie. It's very, VERY good. However, it isn't great, that's plain to anyone, Hitman fan or not. But the acting's good and the story's exceptional, so if you're new, you'll probably love it.
  24. Jul 22, 2013
    I'm not the only one who has had this problem; the game can randomly crash and delete all of your save files, and Eidos have not bothered to patch it. It happened twice to me and I've given up. Don't waste your money.
  25. Nov 24, 2012
    I have long been a huge fan of the Hitman games ever since I played Hitman 2 on the XBOX, so you could imagine my disbelief at having to wait for another hitman title so long after the last instalment, Blood Money (which was released back in mid-2006). I also had initial fears that the promised updates and nuances to the gameplay of Absolution would dilute the core gameplay - so I'm moreI have long been a huge fan of the Hitman games ever since I played Hitman 2 on the XBOX, so you could imagine my disbelief at having to wait for another hitman title so long after the last instalment, Blood Money (which was released back in mid-2006). I also had initial fears that the promised updates and nuances to the gameplay of Absolution would dilute the core gameplay - so I'm more than happy to report that Absolution not only is a superb game, its a cracking return to form for Agent 47!! Graphics and sound are beautifully handled (even if the cut-scenes can be a mite grainy), the plot is given huge emotional gravitas (the weight of which is carried by some well-known voice actors, all of whom do a sterling job), and the gameplay is the solid Hitman gameplay, laced with unusual moments that are handled smoothly, and rather than introduce anything new to the gameplay that hasn't been seen before, they are well-thought-out flashes of realistic brilliance, that only serve to up the tension and make you feel that your actions do matter. Absolution is a slight change to the formula, but its a welcome one, and even if you're not a fan of the Hitman games, I do urge you to try this title out at least. The equivalent of a gripping pageturner. Expand
  26. Feb 21, 2013
    O único jogo Stealth que você mata alguém e pode não ser notado, a interação com o cenário ótima, não presenciei um único bug, e o modo Contratos bem divertido.
  27. Aug 5, 2014
    I've always been a big fan of the Hitman games ever since playing the original on PC. I really liked what they did with Absolution. It is somewhat of a departure from the formula in Blood Money but I think a lot of the new features are done really well. My only complaint would be that the mission structure doesnt really suit the storyline. Its more action this time instead of the stealthI've always been a big fan of the Hitman games ever since playing the original on PC. I really liked what they did with Absolution. It is somewhat of a departure from the formula in Blood Money but I think a lot of the new features are done really well. My only complaint would be that the mission structure doesnt really suit the storyline. Its more action this time instead of the stealth the game is known for. Some of the missions are brilliant and yet others fall flat and force you to engage in action sequences. Apart from that, its an excellent game. Expand
  28. Dec 23, 2012
    The detection system sucks, you re enemies have ultimate mutant megavision. I strangled a guy in the toilet, no one around, but everyone in the vicinity instantly knew exactly where I was the second he died. It's as if you don't complete things the way the game intends it brands you with a YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG and makes it impossibly hard to finish.

The previous Hitman games kinda

The previous Hitman games kinda gave you a sense of "You are the hitman, take him out as you please"
  29. Nov 20, 2012
    Good god this is so badass! They really nailed it again! From story to gameplay it is just perfekt! Really worth the money and the score 10/10!
    If you havent played the 4 other hitman games then do it! The story from this is after all the other games
  30. Nov 25, 2012
    Do believe the bad reviews. It's not awful, just really aggravating. You'll spend a HUGE amount of the game hiding from cops (rather than actually killing people, --looong backstory). Which wouldn't be all that bad, except the stealth is a super quirky and always boils down to a ton of trial and error (rather than thinking your way out). The actual kill-x-guy-missions are a blast, butDo believe the bad reviews. It's not awful, just really aggravating. You'll spend a HUGE amount of the game hiding from cops (rather than actually killing people, --looong backstory). Which wouldn't be all that bad, except the stealth is a super quirky and always boils down to a ton of trial and error (rather than thinking your way out). The actual kill-x-guy-missions are a blast, but there isn't a lot of them. :( Expand

1. Jan 24, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution proves to be another notable entry in the series. It may house a ho-hum plot, and you'll hate just about every character you come across, but the open nature of the approach is good enough that you'll overlook those blemishes.
  2. Dec 16, 2012
    When playing to its strengths, Hitman: Absolution is a genuinely great game. Overall, though, it feels slightly disappointing, simply because it doesn't spend enough time playing to those strengths.
  3. Dec 6, 2012
    It's easy to recommend Hitman Absolution, a game that provides chills and emotion although lacks the charisma and polish that you expect from this kind of production.