7.4

1. Dec 29, 2012
    I've played every Hitman game since Hitman 2 and i love the series. Absolution trys to do some new things but takes away two key features that i think fans of the series just must have in the game. One is no more choosing your wepon load outs from your safe house. That was always a cool feature of just looking through your vast selection of wepons and deciding what you wanted to take on your next mission. Two would be the mission maps are much smaller. Prevous Hitman games had you just dropped off in a level which was pretty big and said this is your taget hear is some info now go find him and kill him on how you see fit .Now Absolution takes more of a story based play through which the story is not bad and the game over all is still kind of fun but part of that old Hitman feel was kinda lost. Graphically Absolution looks great and is also voice acted very well too. I did enjoy the game and it is worth playing but i think most fans will find the older Hitman games like Blood Money far more fun. Infact i find myself can't waiting to Play the Hitman HD collection just so i can play Blood Money again over wanting to play Absolution. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    Just an all around good, violent action game. The story is decent although it's not the strong suit of the game, and as someone below me has stated, there are (almost) no bugs. Not GOTY, not at all, but absolutely riveting.
  3. Jan 10, 2013
    Very much depressed about this, I was expecting much more that I received for my duggets. I have played all of the hitman series. Let's say that games really have come a long way, and I understand that the old ways are still very valid. What I will not say though, is that this game is very good. It is sub par in many areas that it really should be, but all in all still fun. Visually it is stunning at times, really lack luster in others. Grievances that have been stated about AI and killing when hidden with all enemies knowing are right on. Why in the year 2012, do we still deal with silly crap game design. Thank you to the people who poured themselves into the game, please read what people say here, and make changes for the better for future 47 enjoyment. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2012
    Overall it's really great but I felt as if they used some of the easiest gimmicks of the genre and didn't really use them as much as they could. Also, I guess I expected more action and better plot.
  5. Dec 8, 2012
    This game is fantastic. 98/100. Some people complain about rubbish AI but I've had no problems with, no glitches at all actually. There are multiple, big open levels with various ways to play, carefully planned accidents or gory improvised kills, it all works beautifully under he gorgeous Glacier engine. Hitman graphics have always been top of the line and Absolution is no different. The soundtrack is of course, superb again. And the five difficulty levels really do vary, very easy to spot the differences, No-one can complain the game is too easy or too hard, just really stupid if they do, because the range of difficulty is great for newcomers, casual gamer's and hardcore fans alike. Purist is absolutely mental.

The only negative points; instinct is quite cool but nothing on the old map which i do kinda miss and the checkpoint system is basically useless, however you don't even get player activated checkpoints on the higher difficulty levels, so that really is irrelevant for most of the difficulty levels. Replay-ability is excellent with almost 300 collectibles/challenges to do, play styles, disguise collection, play style, 47 upgrades, and of course trying to get Silent Assassin on every level. Not to mention Contracts mode, 50,000 contracts and counting, this game really never does end!

Far Cry 3 is immersive, Mass Effect went out with a bang, and Dishonored was a unique experience but Hitman really is game of the year. It's darkly funny, over the top, beautiful, packed with detail and variety and can be replayed countless times. Best game ever.
  6. Nov 25, 2012
    Absolutely superb. No I'm not someone who has been sat around waiting for the next hitman game, no I'm not prone to giving out TENS , check my reviews. However H:A is, in what it tries to do, flawless. It is simultaneously beautiful, engaging, enthralling, immersive, disturbing, funny, cheeky and bloody. It thrives on allowing the player freedom and creativity. In this world of ultra-hype and ultra-letdown ( hello cod, ac, etc) this is a refreshing and welcome reminder of what a great game can be. This may slip under the paid-for reviews but don't let it slip under yours- patience or carnage- you decide. I'm serious this might be £35 you actually don't regret. Expand
  7. Nov 26, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution is a stealthy cold hard killing action game, filling the boots of agent 47 once again, with a great story. The graphics are good, and stealth is well executed also, with some interesting gameplay mechanics. What really impressive here, is the oustanding varieth of options given for dymanic kills, and extra challenges to bring you back after. It was well worth the wait, and look forward to seeing what path hitman takes next. Like many games, their are some little bugs, im sure will get fixed, but they did not spoil, or impact the game. Expand
  8. Oct 19, 2013
    My first time playing a Hitman game. It's slower paced than what I'm typically used to playing, but overall I enjoyed this action/stealth game. I found the game to be a little frustrating at times and not just because of my lack of experience with this type of game. Poor gameplay decisions make this game a little more tedious than it needs to be at times.

Why does the game even bother
    with disguises if your enemies can see through them instantly? The only way to keep from getting caught while wearing them is to use your "Instinct" meter, so when that runs out you're screwed. And why are you penalized for killing enemies who get between you and your target? I can understand why the game penalizes you for getting caught, but when you kill the guard who caught you losing points sucks. It's stuff like this that brings the game down. But when everything is going right there's nothing else like "Absolution".

Moving through an area undetected and taking out your target before the enemies even know you're there is a completely rewarding and enthralling experience that more than makes up for this games flaws. These moments are made better by the numerous ways to complete these assassinations. Every level has several ways to take out your target, and how you do it is up to you. This gives you a reason to stick with the game after you have beaten it, as does the "Contracts" mode will please players who like to get competitive with their skills.

Hitman: Absolution is a fun but flawed game. It's a lot of fun to play even if it can become a trial-and-error experience at times. If you're into games that require quick thinking and creativity then this might be for you. Overall I enjoyed the game despite its flaws. At times it almost felt like a PS2 game, and it took me back to a time when creativity and an imaginative setting were enough to make a game memorable and enjoyable.
  9. Nov 29, 2012
    Yes, it truely is Hitman:Conviction but so what? I love the Hitman series AND the Splinter Cell series. What seems to upset a lot of critics, is for me a marriage made in heaven. Though I understand the wrath of all the Hitman purists out there who miss the austere multiple-choice design of the first 4 Hitman games I also totally see the developers point of view. Come on guys, they can't simply repeat themselves. They have to try something different. Apart from personal taste, the production values are incredible. The game looks fantastic, the story is great - pushed forward through GTA style cutscenes - and it plays like butter. Just 1 point short of perfection due to some annoying bugs (like ie visible grid on medium depth of field) and DX crashes. Expand
  10. Jan 25, 2013
    This game is a stealth game (for you people that think it is a shooter), a great stealth game at that! The cover system is very similar to that of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and the guns are just for show really. This was my very first hitman and altough i would like to see more open levels and more accidental kills it is still a great enjoyable polished game everyone should play. So go buy it damn it! Expand
  11. Nov 20, 2012
    I'll keep this simple: Graphics are amazing, ridiculously good (which makes sense because of the also ridiculously big 20gb file size). Gameplay is still great, a lot more linear and a bit easier than previous Hitman games, but still amazingly fun (and long). I reccomend this game highly :)
  12. Jan 3, 2013
    I never played any of the other Hitman games, so I have no base to compare to. That being said, I really had high expectations with Absolution. I thought it would have a kind of "Assassins Creed feel" to it, but this is not the case. Killing, of course, is the main objective of the game's chapters though they don't play as smoothly as I expected. I mean, they made a very rich universe, filled with opportunities that have the sole purpose of driving us to creative skills. But (at least for me) this never happens. I don't know, maybe I am not playing it well, but nothing works as planed for me. I am always caught and all the missions usually end in an "Uncharted-esque" way. And I am not rushing. I take my time, studying the environment, the targets, their behaviour etc etc; I try to blend, to disguise etc etc but it just never works. I am not saying I want an easy game, I just wanted the scenarios to be a more coherent stage of events, that's all. This game is gorgeous, plays beautifully and we do get a LOT of options and ideas of "how to kill", I just never get an actual chance to do that. Also, it just makes no sense to be PUNISHED for killing in a game in which you are supposed to kill... Expand
  13. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman is one of my favorite stealth franchises of all time and it's back. Hitman Absolution is the fifth game in the series and the first true next gen Hitman title. The story in HA starts off right where blood money left off and that's great for fans of the series. The story is intriguing and has many twists and turns to keep you interested. The graphics are truly something to behold and I like a lot of the bloom effects. The game has a very distinct art style and more games should create their own style. The gameplay is classic Hitman, you can tackle the objective in many different ways. I suggest if your decent at stealth games that you play the game on hard and work your way up from there. The normal mode is just too easy and the AI seems dumb then. The AI is very good on hard mode and I don't even want to know how hard the game would be on purist. The stiffness of movement from previous Hitman games is gone and the game plays very well. The gunplay has also been improved in case you get in a ruff spot here and there. Overall Hitman Absolution is a great game and was definitely worth the six year wait. Expand
  14. Nov 21, 2012
    Look, i'm not going to lie, okay? this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games this gen imo and i'm not exaggerating, it's sad that most prefer to play generic first person shooter instead of actual good games like this, this game deserves a 9 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  15. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this, it's kinda sad that most "gamers" prefer to play generic, bland and crappy military first person shooter instead of really good games like this, this game deserves a 8.5 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  16. Dec 22, 2012
    About a quarter of the way through and so far each mission gets better and more amazing this is my first Hitman game but the best part is it really sells the whole "taking some one out" and even better the whole "I have to get out of here and the entire city's police are out looking for me." If you're looking for a really cool game this holiday, can't recommend Hitman enough!!!
  17. Dec 27, 2012
    While it's not like the traditional Hitman experience, it does enough to stand out and be above average. They've made the game more cinematic, sadly this has affected how main targets are taken out, although while I was cool with it, I know that many purist Hitman fans will hate this fact. Still, this game IS really entertaining, the story won't bore you, the gameplay and different opportunities will offer plenty and it's all made better with great sound. Also, it should be said that this is still a stealth game, try to shoot your way through the entire game and you're gonna have a bad time. I suppose there's not much else to say, while it isn't the true Hitman experience, you won't get anything closer elsewhere at the moment. To conclude, beautiful visuals, fun gameplay, entertaining story mixed with sometimes frustrating segments and weird design this game gets an 8/10 from me. Expand
  18. Mar 16, 2013
    This game got stupiest AI i ever seen in modern games. Even trash COD got more intelligent targets to kill Story bored. Plz don't buy this trash.
  19. Jan 21, 2013
    all i can say is that the wait was worthed and worthed to full price. why? 30+ hours of single player and you can have 60,100 hours because theres a insane ammount of ways to do your objective you can play each level in hundred different ways and so you can replay and replay and have new experience. the downside is the disguise system isnt what i was used to be, but lets be honest here, on previous titles it almost made you like in god mode, now it works but you've limits, its meant now for last resort and sudden situations where you stumble into an enemy. you can't choose loadouts on SP but you can on contracts mode, wich is the same of SP but you've more freedom. lenghty, fun and sandbox....... you'll find yourself playing it for years!! Expand
  20. Apr 21, 2013
    I think the best thing that Absolution did, and was stray a little off the path from the other games in the vastly popular franchise that is Hitman, and it certainly needed to be.
    After a vastly unpopular film adaption, and a six year hiatus, something needed to give, and a standalone current generation game was the answer, a creative, innovative and wildly entertaining adventure that
    puts what can be described as an underdog series of games, on track to compete with the best.
    Agent 47 continues his tumulus journey as the silent assassin working for the agency, but when he is sent on a mission he doesn't fully understand, he starts to question the company he works for, but most of all he starts to question his life.
    When he learns of the existence of the mysterious Victoria, a girl who seems to have been chemically engineered and with a trail leading back to the agency, 47 travels the world searching for answers and letting nobody stand in his way, setting up a thrilling and often frustrating adventure.
    The game offers vastly different and thoughtful scenarios to approach each and every mission, sure, take out your silverballers and shoot the place up until your heart is content, but why not garrotte a guard, hide him in a bin and steal his uniform? Or why not sabotage a piano lid to fall onto a guards head, and even subtly contaminate the drugs of a target and stand in the background and watch him meet his maker? The opportunities available are truly endless, which makes replaying missions all the more fun, and creative.
    The story moves at a steady pace and plays out as if this could be a sort of reckoning for the rest of the games, as 47, for much of the game, ditches the iconic black suit and full-buttoned shirt with red tie for a more gritty and off the grid outlaw persona, all reflections of how the game plays out.
    The game is truly beautiful to look at, whether your inside beachfront villas or getting soaked in the dank streets of a city, there is always something new to see and different ways to utilise your surroundings.
    The game almost plays to flawless but with a few minor hiccups. Sometimes the movement of 47 feels too retro and cardboard, and at times the mission setup is never quite clear. There is also the ongoing problem of these current generation games trying to be cinematic, thats fine right up until pivotal moments are taken away from the player and left to a cutscene, we do the hard work, but don't worry, the game has no problem robbing you of that prize at the end of the finish line, more power to the players!
    But with this onboard, and quite an interesting Contracts mode within the multiplayer aspect of the game, Hitman; Absolution could well indeed divide the large fan base it holds down to its vastly different direction of gameplay, with no real open-world aspects, but for me this was definitely a good choice as the surroundings truly can be used by any means necessary.
    With a solid story and very gritty and varied approach compared to recent entries, Absolution is hopefully the start of bigger and better things to come for out most deadly assassin, and it was brilliant to see such an excellent return to form for the series.
  21. Nov 25, 2012
    Do believe the bad reviews. It's not awful, just really aggravating. You'll spend a HUGE amount of the game hiding from cops (rather than actually killing people, --looong backstory). Which wouldn't be all that bad, except the stealth is a super quirky and always boils down to a ton of trial and error (rather than thinking your way out). The actual kill-x-guy-missions are a blast, but there isn't a lot of them. :( Expand
  22. Jan 6, 2013
    hitman is an absolutely great game. yes it is very repetitive but truly great. it has a great plot great missions and a brilliant peformance from agent 47. all your targets are horrbile nasty buggers who deserve their cummupence and the levels are so vast with so much to do and the game is one of the hardest ive played on ps3 in a generation where games are becoming very easy. while the ending isnt great it sets up the for a sequel which has already been announced which i am looking forward too. while the campaign is of a decent length contracts will keep you playing. it is a great mode and the amount of contracts avaliable is never ending and while some of very easy some are very hard and contracts is gonna be crammed in 6mounths time. creati your own contracts is also very fun and competing with others for the best score is great load of fun. overall absolution is a great game with bothe brilliant singleplayer and multiplayer modes which ewill keep you going for a long time.the amount of possibilities in both modes add to time spent. some will not enjoy this and will go in all guns blazing and that is not the hitman way. this wont appeal to fps fanatics and it is not essential but it is a great game which i reccomend. Expand
  23. Nov 26, 2012
    I have to say that this game is awesome. The immersion into the Hitman universe is for me always great, and "Absolution" has held true to the Hitman spirit.

Less sandbox and more linear play is for me an upside, as I enjoyed the game a little more, though I think it reduces the fun in replaying levels.
  24. Nov 22, 2012
    Don't be fooled by shiny graphics of Hitman: Abomination (or Assassin's Conviction: Saboteur & Lynch - Retardation), there is nothing good besides graphics. Gameplay is totally broken & dumbed down, its not even hitman anymore, everything we loved it for was removed, only some barely working rudiments was left. It is yet another Conviction, but worse, everything you hated in Conviction, Saboteur, Assassin's Creed and Kane & Lynch in terms of Stealth and gunplay is here, concentrated in extreme doses that may kill you. Also lensflare madness, started by Kane & Lynch 2 and continued by Syndicate is here, head of 47 shines like supernova explosion to blind you from truth - THIS GAME IS UTTER TRASH. It not just abandoned old Hitman gameplay, its simply broken everywhere and doesnt work, and its so primitive and generic. Let me list you few of many game design flaws: 1) Saves doesnt work, once you restart checkpoints every NPC & object will be respawned, your stats would be reset to state of beginning of level, so you better to restart level completely and dont die or exit until you finish it. 2) Disguise doesnt work, its connected to stupid INSTINCT MANA that could be gained by killing and hiding bodies, or not gained at all on professional modes. Without using instinct, which magically removes suspicion, your cover will be blown in 5-10 second from 30 meters. So you are forced to use instinct in any mode, but cant on pro modes, and without instinct there you would not be even able to blend into area. It only barely working on easiest mode. 3) Pro modes and especially PURIST - broken and rushed addition, game was not designed with these modes in mind, these modes not balanced at all, they simply locking features for retards, without even thinking that game designed that way so it cant be played without INSTINCT, and without thinking to compensate somehow lack of these features. It cant be played on PRO mode if you want to use disguise, blown covers makes game really frustrating, and pushing you to reastart, which will lead you to flaw 1 - broken saves. On pro mode you will have only option to use covers Conviction style. 4) 80% of game is linear stealth cover shooter, only about 20% of levels reminds old Hitman games sandbox, but they all made using generic objects and repetitive pattern, lacking about 80% features you had in previous game, so its simply boring, primitive and most likely you will screw up trying to go Silent Assassin way. 5) AI is deaf and blind, totally dumb, glitching a lot. They dont see and dont hear anything except for you in disguise or killing. 6) You cant select inventory for levels and only limited to very few objects you can find on level. Most of unlocks and tools useless and can be only used in contracts mode. 7) Due of nature of stupid prerendered cut-scenes, where 47 appears only in his suit or any pre-defined suit, once cut-scene over you will loose your disguise and default suit will magically appear on you, same happens with guns, you enter the room dressed one way, but after cut scene you dressed another way. Really stupid, even cheapest games from 90th era never had such a flaw, Hitman 1 was better than this. 8) Scoring makes no sense, its not what it used to be in previous game. You are encouraged to do not stealthy things and some stealthy things not awarded at all, other non stealthy things not punished. 9) Level design is very bad, it may look good it terms of art, but its really bad in terms of gameplay logic. Every possible guard have always dumpster nearby to hide their bodies, how handy... for retards, very few, like 3-5 objects that allows you kill somehow are available per level, generic dumpsters, fuseboxes, pits, balconies, there is no unique content that we saw in Blood Money or previous Hitman games, every gameplay object is just a copy-pasted repetitive trash. 10) Whole instinct gameplay is retarded and must be removed from game, but instead it was not even removed from purist mode. 11) UI is huge, ugly and was designed by captain obvious, why in the world you need to have giant icon of equipped weapon or disguise if you can just look at hitman's and see his weapon and suit? 12) You cant peek through keyholes (surely, u now have magic wallhack cheat to replace that) 13) You cant even close doors, they only closed automatically 14) Worst thing - most of your assassination targets are killed in FREAKING CUTSCENES, or not, actually most of time you will see cutscene where BEST KILLER IN THE WORLD, FAILING TO KILL HIS TARGET 15) Story may look like good one, but in fact its typical set of hollywood cliches and yet another plagiarism, this time they ripped off LEON THE KILLER movie. 16) Realism was lost completely, no briefcase, weapons spawns of Hitman ass, ammo picked up by legs. There are more issues, i cant compact them in 5000 chars limit. This game is near 5 of 10, but since it called Hitman, and since its not Himan at all, only 0 of 10. Expand
  25. Nov 30, 2012
    So disappointed in this game. Markets itself as a stealth game with so many ways to deal with your enemies, but it is extremely linear and lends itself more to shooting to have fun with it. The disguise component doesn't work. When you take a disguise, you never are hidden. Also, any enemy you deal with, there always is a dumpster nearby to dispose of them; nothing creative here. I am half way through this game and patience and stealth are punitive, and tedious. So now I am just blasting my way through, trying to finish this to turn in and get a good price for an exchange for Far Cry 3. Major problem is the way they marketed this game. If they wanted a stealth game, give the player the chance to be disguised. But my best advice is to realize this is just another linear shooting game for most players. There's pretty much one way to get through each level and there's nothing innovative here. The game looks nice and the best part about it is shooting people, which it doesn't want you to do. Wish I wouldn't have paid full price for this. Love third-person games and had high hopes for this, but wasn't worth the full price. Just another linear experience. Expand
  26. Dec 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. The game was fun it a unique way.... I wont compare it to the other games in the series because its not a remake and the game play has to synch up with the story, which was dark and gritty. Personally i hate the cliche "save the girl theme" Ive seen too many times but i felt compelled to finish the story and make it right... overall good job Dev's you mixed things up and delivered a solid entry in a legendary franchise Collapse
  27. Nov 21, 2012
    I find it pathetic that some folks still can't take off thier nostalgia goggles for seconds to review this game fairly instead of hating on it and giving it a low score because certain moment in the story that i won't spoil here annoyed them, it's sad to see games like this, Darksider 2 and Assassin's Creed III get bashed while generic military first person shooters get praised by the same people, this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this gen imo, great story, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no bugs/glitches, just perfect. Expand
  28. Nov 26, 2012
    Absolution is too much of a step away from the normal Hitman approach to appease a self titled fanatic of the series like myself. Silly ideas that in reality wouldn't work, averting your face to avoid attention for example, and stripped back and more restricted environments kicks number of options the player can choose from down to slim pickings. Excellent plot, numerous faults but all round there is enough to appease new fans and give the veterans a bit of a workout. Expand
  29. Feb 25, 2014
    Hitman Absolution... has some problems. There's no denying it's a good game, because it is. It's a very good game, and anyone who tells you otherwise is either mad, misguided or not a fan of stealth games. However, that's not to say it's the best game of the year, because it doesn't come close. While the previous instalments, particularly Hitman: Blood Money were magnificent, this game does feel like many reboots before it. It feels like this in that it takes a number of the systems of the previous games, adds its own ones and then jumbles them all together. And jumbled it does become.

This game was directed by Tore Blystad, who served as Art Director on Hitman: Blood Money, and it takes the franchise in a different direction. The previous games were very non-linear, and there wasn't a story it was forced to follow. The result of this, of course, were the massive sandbox levels and exotic locales, as well as a huge variety of different targets and characters. In this game, Agent 47 has gone rogue after assassinating Diana Burnwood (his handler from the previous games) and taking the young Victoria, to protect her from the ICA. Meanwhile, Benjamin Travis, the head of the ICA, wants to get it back. He'll go about this with Blake Dexter, arms manufacturer and all-round psychopath. And so Agent 47 is thrust into the world, this time to escape the coppers and save Victoria from the ICA.

I must praise the game for the story, because it's brilliant. Because of this, the characters are all well-developed, and have some strong voice acting from Hollywoodians like Keith Carradine and Powers Boothe, among others. There are people with clout involved in this game. However, the way they've one about bringing the new story focus to fruition isn't exactly exceptional. The level design, and pacing, suffer the worst here. Because 47's supposed to be running from the cops for a murder he didn't commit within the story, he's got to run from the cops in the game. Which means that, for the first act, which can take anywhere between two and eight hours depending on how you play, can be spend wandering through rather bleak locales escaping the Chicago PD. The fact that it's story focussed also means that you have to make your way through the level in a way that is logical in the context of the story.

In previous games, the real system was "make your way from point A to point B any way you wish, then return to point A/C". In this game, however, the levels are chopped up to make sense within the confines of the story. Which means that, far from the amazing sandbox levels of the previous games, you're following a predetermined path that always ends in the same location. There's never any deviation from the predetermined path, because the story demands that you go a particular way to a particular point. It's also very cutscene heavy which, while not a bad thing in and of itself, can certainly put a few people off.

Because the story is set about in a particular way, you've no longer got the pre-mission loadout screens, or the post-mission newspaper articles, that you see in Blood Money. Which means no weapon customisation, and no weapon selection. This gets to abysmal levels as, apart from the first and second levels, you're not given access to Silverballers until the beginning of Act Two. About two to eight hours into the game. Then, there's a bunch of other mechanics that really prohibit the way you're gonna go about playing the game. This is where the review devolves into a rant, children, so cover your eyes.

Instinct. One word, a thousand problems. Instinct is a new function included in the game, and the game is built around it, which serves a variety of purposes. It introduces Point Shooting, a function a'la Splinter Cell: Conviction's bullet time-esque system. It's a slow motion system that allows you to target people and then shoot them in quick succession, very accurately. Then, there's a system that allows you to follow guard paths and see the guards. I'm one of the few people who wasn't incredibly annoyed with these systems. I kind of liked them. However, Instinct's integration with Disguises isn't so good. Basically, if you walk past a guard, you need to activate instinct otherwise you'll be spotted. However, because Instinct comes in painfully short supply anywhere above normal, and you need to be super stealthy anyway, there's no incentive for a hardcore Hitman player to go above Normal, because that mode doesn't work with the new Instinct function introduced. Instinct, above Normal (and sometimes in it) makes it almost entirely impossible to play the game like a Hitman game. Hitman's about exploration and finding multiple solutions to the problem. Without that, it's just a normal stealth game.

To say this game's bad would be a lie. It's very, VERY good. However, it isn't great, that's plain to anyone, Hitman fan or not. But the acting's good and the story's exceptional, so if you're new, you'll probably love it.
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is awesome , at the start people said it was gonna be to easy , well they were wrong this game is still hard as the old ones! No bugs , it has an interesting storyline , AWESOME gameplay and camron12 says we spend 80% of the time not killing (Thats not true) and hitman game is about patience 8If you wana be stealthy) or you can just pick the 2 pistols and just start killing everyone
  31. Dec 16, 2012

1. Jan 24, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution proves to be another notable entry in the series. It may house a ho-hum plot, and you'll hate just about every character you come across, but the open nature of the approach is good enough that you'll overlook those blemishes.
  2. Dec 16, 2012
    When playing to its strengths, Hitman: Absolution is a genuinely great game. Overall, though, it feels slightly disappointing, simply because it doesn't spend enough time playing to those strengths.
  3. Dec 6, 2012
    It's easy to recommend Hitman Absolution, a game that provides chills and emotion although lacks the charisma and polish that you expect from this kind of production.