5.6

1. Mar 15, 2011
    Great, bold storyline. Eventhough the campign is short, I think it's just the right duration since multiplayer compensate the lifespan of the game. Hope THQ makes a sequel for it. Keep it coming!
  2. Mar 15, 2011
    The single player is a bit short, but that is not what I purchased the game for. I got it for the multiplayer experience and must say I am quite pleased with it. Looking forward to many hours of fun to come!
  3. Mar 15, 2011
    I must applaud to THQ for creating a game that's risky yet touches emotions. Never thought anyone would recreate the classic gameplay of Half-Life and give it a new twist. Despite the graphics not being competitive with Battlefield and COD, it was the least of my concerns since the campaign was so unique and inspiring with multiplayer features topping recent FPS games.
  4. Mar 15, 2011
    Wow! This game is brilliant! I love the graphics eventhough they are not the best I have seen, they are definitly atmospheric and also the story is very exciting. The characters are very well chosen and they make this game feel "real" and dramatic. It's like a movie you cannout stop to watch. It reminds me a bit of the TV series Jericho.

For me one of the best singleplayergames since
    Half-Life. Or even better, due to the characters. Expand
  5. Jul 26, 2011
    very nice game, i have finished it for two days ago and want to do it again! about multiplayer? i havent words to describe it!
  6. Mar 16, 2011
    Bad: Alright the bad, its simple the story line is not the greatest in the world you dont open doors you don't interact in any way and you feel your just a camera with a gun and not a person, you dont feel the belonging and the satisfaction in what your doing. the story is great but its the little suttle things that break the single player. Good: Although the story line lacks in immersion and emotion there are some parts where i found my self going "woo!" even though it was very few times. The multiplayer is solid and fun,the new way kaos spun the whole fps style of game is a fresh change from the run shoot run shoot game of call of duty etc. etc. its satisfying to play and you can quickly lose time playing it. The map design is good, the maps let you have more then one way to approach your enemy and if your not smart you can get caught with your pants down quickly. As i see it the guns are balanced and there all fun to use. as you can see the multpiplayer is the reason to get this game.

Other notes: this game over all is a 9/10 in my book the multiplayer is simply just fair and caters to a lot of play styles. this game only has one downfall and its the single player and to the point of graphics im not even doing a review on them because in all honestly it does not hinder or help the gameplay and im ashamed of so called gamers that put in account that graphics ever counted in games. well there is my review that wont even matter. as a wise person once said haters gonna hate.
  7. Mar 16, 2011
    The story line is great, but the graphics arent up to date, however this was the same with cod black ops and other games so that is no problem at all (so people who still think its bad, shut the hell up ;) no really, dont say anything )The rest of the game is great as well, gameplay works good, multiplayer is great, perhaps even better than cod because of the vehicles. A sequel is wanted :D
  8. Mar 17, 2011
    I am loving this game. Sure the campaign is short and extremely scripted, but that doesn't make it any less fun (for me at least) to play while it lasts. It's not significantly shorter or more scripted than CodBlops and I care more about the story line and characters here than the garbage in Cod. Where the game really shines is in multiplayer. Launch week "Servers overloaded" growing pains aside, I've had no problems getting into games. The maps are huge, the in game battle points system is great and makes the matches very dynamic. As a side note - dear god people...turn off your friggin' headsets if you're not talking to other players on the team. I don't need to hear your wife yelling at you to turn of the console, or your kids screaming in the background...I certainly don't give a crap what music you're listening to while you play :( Expand
  9. Mar 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am so glad I got this game. I had some doubts but..
    Single player _ i don't care, seems to be ok but I dont care about the story in shooters.

Multi- man it rocks.

Graphics are not that bad to be honest, I don't get the fuss about it.

BUY IT if you are after online exp.
  10. Mar 17, 2011
    I think this games story is trying to tell us something. For us (Americans) will take us for a ride of the unthinkable, a US invasion by the Korean Union or something. I find this story to be very interesting. I can only hope the game is as good as I imagine it. By the way this was a remake of the old 80's movie Red Dawn.
  11. Mar 18, 2011
    Homefront delivers on the Multiplayer game. That alone deserves a 10. The Single Player campaign was short, but poignant and in today's linear progression SP campaigns, was expected. Just, the MP game is so much fun. Addicted.
  12. Mar 31, 2011
    Well, the singe player is short ,and the graphics are not awesome,but they are OK. They have tried to do something different with the story and that's all for the better as **** boring doing the same stories over and over again, unlike many other well know FPS they have tried to bring some kind of emotion to it. E.G Seeing a kid cry, hanging corpses, a mass grave. Some say this is too much,but that's what happens in real war,but the polish could have been better. However, on the multiplayer after a few hiccups, i can say this is way better than Call of Duty.Yes it is bigger and better than CoD full stop! It borrows from BFBC2 and makes CoD better,what it lacks in one area, it is certainly made up for in the Multiplayer.
    If you are rubbish at FPS this is fine as you earn your perks just by taking part.No more running and gunning, although you can if you wish and It is pretty well balanced. If you like Vehicles, Tanks,Drones, Heiicopters, Bombs ,RPGs, Sniping, they are all within the players reach, unlike some other FPS where you have to get those kill streaks.pretty hard if youre not good at FPS
    This is Pretty good game,fun to boot and i think this is way better than CoD.
  13. Mar 29, 2011
    one of the best multiplayer games i have played....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Collapse
  14. Oct 11, 2011
    Everyone Talks about Call Of Duty, Halo Or Medal Of Honor, but really what they should be thinking about is HOME FRONT, which in my eyes is the best FPS ever made
  15. Jan 2, 2012
    the story may be short. but the levels are awesome.. the controls are great and homefront has my favorite campain of any fps game. the multiplayer is just as good. despite almost no game modes if you just play team deathmatch youll be fine
  16. Aug 24, 2012
    I have to completely agree with the negative reviews submitted here, so much that i subscribed to metacritic in the hope to warn other gamers of this atrocity. Firstly, Single player campaign, to put bluntly, GASH, too short, poor graphics, dialogue, lack of originality, empty, cliche ridden characters, just poorly designed really.
  17. Mar 29, 2011

1. May 24, 2011
    The story is way too short and the multiplayer doesn't deliver the fun you know from the Call of Duty or Battlefield games.
  2. May 17, 2011
    I'll admit that I've played games that are technically worse than Homefront, but I have not played a game that irritated me as much as this in a very long time.
  3. There isn't really a climax. It just finishes, coitus interruptus-style. [May 2011, p.114]