Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Mar 18, 2008
8.5

1. JoshB.
    Mar 26, 2008
    This is a game that I at first wasn't too sure I was going to enjoy, boy was I wrong. It is simple in its design, pick a golfer soul mate and play til the cows come home, but it quickly becomes addicting. If you are not a big golf fan, or even a big sports fan, this game is still a absolute great buy for its perfect gameplay, beautiful graphics, addicting item and rank builder, and This is a game that I at first wasn't too sure I was going to enjoy, boy was I wrong. It is simple in its design, pick a golfer soul mate and play til the cows come home, but it quickly becomes addicting. If you are not a big golf fan, or even a big sports fan, this game is still a absolute great buy for its perfect gameplay, beautiful graphics, addicting item and rank builder, and being the only golf game I have ever enjoyed. To put it simple, this game is close to perfection for the genre, while it may not be a game you might play alot as far as golf goes, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds still gets my vote as a must buy on the ps3. This just makes one more great EXCLUSIVE game on sony's belt of greatness. Expand
  2. RickW.
    Apr 2, 2008
    I have been a big fan of the HSG series, and this game is a great addition. Although simple in its play, its complex design and attention to detail holds the advanced gamer though hours of play. The online play is fast,fun, and with out the annoying trash talk in your ear. The only setback is the lack of players and courses, witch i'm sure will be remedied with downloadable add I have been a big fan of the HSG series, and this game is a great addition. Although simple in its play, its complex design and attention to detail holds the advanced gamer though hours of play. The online play is fast,fun, and with out the annoying trash talk in your ear. The only setback is the lack of players and courses, witch i'm sure will be remedied with downloadable add on's (PS3 web site). Expand
  3. TomB.
    Mar 24, 2008
    My new most favorite game on the PS#, not that there is that much to chose from but this game really stands out. Dont be fooled by its cartoony demeaner, it can be very challenging. If you like golf, if you dont like golf, either way this game is a blast.
  4. BillD.
    Mar 28, 2008
    Really fun. Got it to play with my girlfriend and she really likes it too.
  5. PeterJames
    Apr 14, 2008
    One of the most addicting games ever. This is my first time playing HSG since the original came out many moons ago. I have been a long time Tiger Woods' gamer, but I was really disappointed in TW08 for the PS3. So I saw that HSG was coming out and of course saw that it got good review, so I bought it. I have already got my moneys worth. And I am only a level 9 so far! The singleOne of the most addicting games ever. This is my first time playing HSG since the original came out many moons ago. I have been a long time Tiger Woods' gamer, but I was really disappointed in TW08 for the PS3. So I saw that HSG was coming out and of course saw that it got good review, so I bought it. I have already got my moneys worth. And I am only a level 9 so far! The single player missions are generally short and quick, which is good and the online mode is great as well. This is the best sports game on the PS3 (Well, besides NHL08) Buy this game and meet me online!!! Expand
  6. BruceB.
    Mar 29, 2008
    Simply brilliant. Exactly what you would expect if you have been a Hot Shots player from the beginning. A few more courses would have been nice, but no biggie. New swing method is very cool, but a great move including the standard method along with it. All in all, it's the best Hot Shots to date!
  7. KennyL.
    Mar 19, 2008
    This game is so fun and addicting. I immediately traded in my Tiger Woods 08 because I knew I would never go back to it.
  8. Sep 13, 2011
    This may look like a cutesy game but do not be fooled. This is one challenging game, seriously addictive and has the best social gameplay yet.
    Tiger Woods games have lost their way and compared to this, they never found it. The best golf game on consoles and probably my favourite game for a long time.

Just brilliant.
  9. Apr 4, 2011
    One of the best PS3 titles there is. Fun gameplay, easy to learn, multiplayer online tournaments, cheap quality DLC, etc. Do yourself a favor and pick this up, even if you don't love golf games.

1. In spite of the fact that all you're doing is pressing a button three times, over and over again, it never gets boring. It would probably be too controversial to call it the best golf game, or the best PS3 game. But on both counts it's a remarkably close call. [JPN Import]
  2. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Cute, sweet and massively entertaining. [May 2008, p.80]
    Despite the lack of challenge provided for half of the single player game, Minna No Golf 5 excels in every other area, offering a realistic golf simulation wrapped inside a package so cute that it is impossible to resist. [JPN Import]