8.1

1. hii
    Nov 9, 2011
    This game is awesome for just 9.99 $ buy it NOW!!!
  2. Oct 25, 2011
    Sucker Punch has slightly changed aspects of the game. Blast shards and dead drops have been replaced with vampire equivalents. Instead of reviving or bio-leeching citizens you can bite or stake them. In addition to your normal ability to sense electricity, you can sense vampires, hidden runes and the collectables. The catacombs are a lot like the sewers of inFamous 1. Although theSucker Punch has slightly changed aspects of the game. Blast shards and dead drops have been replaced with vampire equivalents. Instead of reviving or bio-leeching citizens you can bite or stake them. In addition to your normal ability to sense electricity, you can sense vampires, hidden runes and the collectables. The catacombs are a lot like the sewers of inFamous 1. Although the majority of the gameplay is unchanged, it's still a lot of fun to move around Empire City especially with the new ability to transform into a swarm of bats and FLY.

I won't go into detail about the story, but it is interestingly told. The comic-style cut scenes have upped their game, which I didn't think possible. The fact that Cole uses evil powers exclusively in this game gives me hope that another DLC is headed our way in which Cole exclusively uses his powers for good.
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    Probably the best downloadable game I have ever played great value & horror theme would love a direct sequel to this. Cole as a vampire is great flying is fantastic. The vampires you fight are more like steroid injected Nosferatus than twighlight pusspyres. The game has a great length for the price & is extended by some superb user content. The user content & unlockable extras push thisProbably the best downloadable game I have ever played great value & horror theme would love a direct sequel to this. Cole as a vampire is great flying is fantastic. The vampires you fight are more like steroid injected Nosferatus than twighlight pusspyres. The game has a great length for the price & is extended by some superb user content. The user content & unlockable extras push this over the edge only Rockstars dlc games are on this level ( Although this is a stand alone product.) Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2011
    Sucker Punch's halloween follow up to Infamous 2 is extremely disappointing. It takes the Infamous 2 shell and removes half the content and replaces it very little. The new powers are lack luster and do not offer the open world fun the original title held. Having the ability to fly ruins the open city by making every building a simple button press rather than a mini climbing puzzle. TheSucker Punch's halloween follow up to Infamous 2 is extremely disappointing. It takes the Infamous 2 shell and removes half the content and replaces it very little. The new powers are lack luster and do not offer the open world fun the original title held. Having the ability to fly ruins the open city by making every building a simple button press rather than a mini climbing puzzle. The plot is very simple and the only real character development is ruined by Sucker punch attempting to force it's user made content system in people's faces. Rather than the full voiced cut scenes we are used to they use the player editor to make the two missions, so the scenes are told in a screenshots with word bubbles format, which lowers the entire tone of the game.

The content is also very short, lasting about an hour in total on most connections it will take longer to download from PSN than the game will take to finish. If it goes on sale for half price consider picking it up, other wise pass, it's basically the same length as a demo and offers nothing new.
  5. Sep 28, 2012
    Sucker Punch's Halloween follow up to Infamous 2 is extremely satisfying. It takes the Infamous 2 shell and adds in new powers and abilities, plus a few new enemy types. The new powers are stay simple (if they got any more amazing, the game would have to be disc based) and really show the Suck Punch style. Having the ability to fly really shows potential for later games (if a third mainSucker Punch's Halloween follow up to Infamous 2 is extremely satisfying. It takes the Infamous 2 shell and adds in new powers and abilities, plus a few new enemy types. The new powers are stay simple (if they got any more amazing, the game would have to be disc based) and really show the Suck Punch style. Having the ability to fly really shows potential for later games (if a third main game is ever made, that is). The plot line is simple enough that you don't need to play the other two games, and the user made content system shines with the new cut-scene tool. The two user made missions that are integrated in-game are not even necessary to play; a quick system reset or even logging out of PSN disables them. The story lasts over an hour, but with more collectibles added in game, you can spend three times that, plus the UGC tools and missions add near infinite replayability. Even if it sold for twice the price, the game would still be necessary fun. There's a reason that it was the #1 PSN game for months. Expand
  6. Mar 21, 2012
    For $10 I can't believe I've been missing this. I missed it in October and decided to get it now since there are less big releases lined up to suck my wallet dry and it's loads of fun! I love how much effort went into redesigning the look of the city for the night of halloween. The new powers are fun and the new enemies are also well thought out and different from anything else previouslyFor $10 I can't believe I've been missing this. I missed it in October and decided to get it now since there are less big releases lined up to suck my wallet dry and it's loads of fun! I love how much effort went into redesigning the look of the city for the night of halloween. The new powers are fun and the new enemies are also well thought out and different from anything else previously fought in the series. This is a stand alone product which has it's pros and cons just because I would love to have the UGC assets in with Infamous 2 but with the size of the city, the new looks and feel, the UGC ability this is worth much more than $10. and people who complained about the UCG missions, it's just to show you what YOU can do as far as making missions. I didn't mind not having voice acting all the way through. There is enough to satisfy. Overall one of the best downloadable games ever. And trust me once you finish the story it's only just the tip of the iceburg. get into UGC and you will be having tons of fun. Like LBP in full 3d with a super powered character and tons of awesome enemies. Expand
  7. May 9, 2012
    I bought this downloadable game to see if I would like the inFamous series, it was only $9.99 and if I didn't like it I wouldn't be so upset about the purchasing of it. I'm happy to report that I loved it and that I'm dying to play the main games. I found it to be humorous and action packed, and while it may not be all that long I found myself easily getting distracted by things likeI bought this downloadable game to see if I would like the inFamous series, it was only $9.99 and if I didn't like it I wouldn't be so upset about the purchasing of it. I'm happy to report that I loved it and that I'm dying to play the main games. I found it to be humorous and action packed, and while it may not be all that long I found myself easily getting distracted by things like trophy hunting, searching for the collectibles, or just goofing off around the city, there's a surprisingly large amount of content here for $9.99 and after you complete it you get free roam of the city to collect everything and for the stuff with UGC missions, I was thoroughly impressed with it and I don't see why fans of the series wont highly enjoy (other then the difference between the length of this and the main game), so I recommend the purchase. Collapse
  8. Dec 18, 2013
    The gameplay stays unchanged but the look and feel is quite unique because you're in the catacombs a lot, also the blast shards and dead drops have been replaced with vampire stuff. There are a couple of new abilities here and there which are fun to use. The story is interestingly told. I didn't like the comic cut-scènes in the first game, they were better in the second game, and even aThe gameplay stays unchanged but the look and feel is quite unique because you're in the catacombs a lot, also the blast shards and dead drops have been replaced with vampire stuff. There are a couple of new abilities here and there which are fun to use. The story is interestingly told. I didn't like the comic cut-scènes in the first game, they were better in the second game, and even a bit better in this stand alone spin-off of infamous 2.
    It still feels like infamous 2 though and if you like that game and want more but just a little different and evil then get this one. If you don't want to see cole's evil side, if you have had enough of infamous for a while then don't buy this.
    Lastly, I don't agree with the pricing being good. As a stand-alone game you could see it that way but having owned infamous 2, $10 feels pretty expensive. I've had a mayor discount on ps+ though making it totally worth it.
  9. Mar 21, 2012
    Got this game for 5$. Easy game to get all the trophies for and has some decent gameplay. First Infamous game and I had some fun. The open world is basically a backdrop for missions, there is not much to do besides user generated content when you are done the game. Not impressed by the frame rate however.
  10. Jul 18, 2012
    For $9.99, inFamous: Festival of Blood is pretty good but overall it just doesn't live up to what I would have wanted from any inFamous DLC. The story is absolutely mindless but the gameplay is awesome just like the other inFamous games, which holds this DLC up quite well.
  11. Jan 17, 2013
    While areas could be more polished, there is no doubt that this inFamous: Festival of Blood is an amazing game. The story follows a generic styled ghost story which, like all good ghost storys, will flip itself on its head at times. But the story just acts as an excuse for giving Cole a bunch of Vampire styled powers and chucking in some amazing gameplay. The game feels like a HollywoodWhile areas could be more polished, there is no doubt that this inFamous: Festival of Blood is an amazing game. The story follows a generic styled ghost story which, like all good ghost storys, will flip itself on its head at times. But the story just acts as an excuse for giving Cole a bunch of Vampire styled powers and chucking in some amazing gameplay. The game feels like a Hollywood block buster in its action pieces. Especially against the "first bloods". The user-generated content is back., its pretty damn good, and the beautiful graphics also return. But the best thing here (baring in mind the price) is the massive open world and its buzzing atmosphere. Much better than anything I saw in Red Dead redemption. Expand
  12. Jul 6, 2013
    This downloadable game is good. The story is really interesting and has all the great elements of the other two. Way to short though, but I guess that's to be expected for a $10 game.
  13. Nov 10, 2012
    i think festival of blood is the best collection of infamous, but i think the vampire thingy doesnt really cling to infamous, infamous is supposed to be a electric power game and than suddenly it brings out the idea of vampire. But if u ditch the part where it doesnt make sense, everything is pretty good in the short little game. i like the ending for festival of blood instead of that sad,i think festival of blood is the best collection of infamous, but i think the vampire thingy doesnt really cling to infamous, infamous is supposed to be a electric power game and than suddenly it brings out the idea of vampire. But if u ditch the part where it doesnt make sense, everything is pretty good in the short little game. i like the ending for festival of blood instead of that sad, good karma ending in infamous2 Expand
  14. Dec 22, 2013
    Infamous: Festival of Blood is a strange game. It is a lot of fun, but I began to wonder why it existed in the first place. If an issue like this does not bother you, Festival of Blood is worth it's price tag.
  15. Jan 22, 2014
    There are plenty of problems with this game, like having half the island blocked off, a short story mode, and...yeah, well, those are the only real problems I can think of. See, it's a $10 standalone (I think) game. What can you expect? They really did more with this than what you'd see with most DLC. Seriously, think about this. You're a vampire. With superpowers. If Sucker Punch madeThere are plenty of problems with this game, like having half the island blocked off, a short story mode, and...yeah, well, those are the only real problems I can think of. See, it's a $10 standalone (I think) game. What can you expect? They really did more with this than what you'd see with most DLC. Seriously, think about this. You're a vampire. With superpowers. If Sucker Punch made Infamous 2 in the less than satisfying New Marais JUST to make a vampire DLC, I think that's forgivable.

Ever see those other conduits fly or teleport, and you'd sigh, and wish "Damn, only if I could do that." Well, now you can! Some of my most satisfying moments in FoB involve divebombing a pack of Mary's vampires in Shadow Swarm mode, and proceeding to kick the crap out of them.

The story mode itself is iffy, I mean, you generally can't bring yourself to care too much. But the side activities improve in every way. The Canopic Jars replace Blast Shards, and not only do you automatically get the equivalent of Blast Shard Sense, you can fly to where you need to go, making it SO much less frustrating. Dead Drops are replaced with Mary's teachings. This requires a little bit of detective work to track them down, but once you do, you get to listen to a psychotic female vampire rant about stuff! Generally more fun than what you usually get.

Oh. There's also user-created content. Yeah, I'd stick to the higher rated ones, if I were you.

All in all, worth the $10 if you want to get a little more of the original Infamous feel (less videogame character, more of a superhuman badass).
  16. Feb 24, 2014
    I wouldn't have though a Halloween themed vampire DLC would happen in this game, but it did, and it's fun.
    First off the story is very cliche, which surprisingly, is a good thing! What? Well the story of this DLC never really happened, and is a crazy story Zeke tells to impress a girl at a bar. So fitting for Zeke's character, that's why.
    There is no karma so some of that inFAMOUS feel
    There is no karma so some of that inFAMOUS feel is gone, but the gameplay is still there. It's a DLC after all. The vampire powers are fun. The game has simpler upgrade systems and stuff like that. The map is the 1st island of New Marais, which is decorated and fun to explore. The vampire enemies are kinda hard to fight and it brings a bit of a different feel to the DLC altogether.
    Fun DLC to one of the best games ever, not much else to say.
  17. May 9, 2012

1. A fright-filled ride worth sinking our fangs into. [Jan 2012, p.79]
  2. Thanks to the hit series True Blood and the Twilight-movies vampires are hotter than ever and the people from Sucker Punch have just delivered their own festival of blood. This is a nice extension to the main game, even if it only lasts for about four hours. [December 2011, p.100]
  3. Dec 9, 2011
    A short, but entertaining stand-alone halloweenesque action-adventure for the electric superhero Cole. Kill the vampire queen before dawn. It's a bit too easy for inFamous-veterans, though. [Dec 2011]